• Pros

• "- Support - Easy to use - Speed of implementation"

• "It's a very intuitive and fun to use platform. Provided all the tools that We needed to improve our users adoption. We've had great feedback from our costumers."

• "The customer success team are very diligent and helps out whenever they can. Have at many occasions jumped into calls where they helped me fix a flow I couldn't fix myself."

• Cons

• "There are still a few features that I feel is missing from Userpilot, but the service team are happy to receive feedback on this. Sometimes more things are promised than are delivered. "

• "- We have encountered a few bugs when building more complex tours. - The technical documentation could use some more improvement"

• "At the moment, we don't have any negative points to make, quite the contrary. The support has been unconditional, either in terms of technical support or in helping us build our flows. "

Browse Userpilot Reviews

Rick from 24sessions

Amazing product and company!

We started-off with Userpilot when they where still in BETA. They have come a loonngg way. At this exact moment Userpilot helps us with a massive roll-out, onboarding over 2000 users in 1 month. The software is great, the service even better. Whenever I wondered if something was possible, I got the answer YES. Which is usually not the case with a software that hasnt' been around long. If you're looking to create a wonderful experience for your clients, then Userpilot is your go-to tool!

Pros

Userpilot is great, the software helps our customers better understand our platform and the possibilities it brings. But the software is not even the best thing here, it's the incredible personal service. They are DEDICATED to make everything work, perfectly tailored to your needs.

Cons

At the moment it's not a click-and-go solution, which is fine since they're helping you personally to make everything work.

Daniel from Mother Erth

Increases engagement

I am glad we chose user pilot over Pendo - doing so allowed us to get more flexibility with the user journey through their guides and then with the $$ we had left over (Userpilot is cheaper than Pendo) we were able to get mixpanel and world class analytics.

Pros

I liked that you have a "what you see is what you get" editor. It's pretty intuitive and easy to make a design that looks good. You can create custom flows based on segments of users so that different people have different experiences based on their previous actions or the metadata that you have attached to them as a user.

Cons

There were some glitches and times when it would freeze up and you have to redo your work. Userpilot is a relatively young company so I would imagine that these will continue to be ironed out.

Reasons for Choosing Userpilot

We could built a best in class stack using segment to send data to user pilot and mixpanel - for the same price as Pendo. Mixpanel gave us predictive analytics and a tool for analytics and user pilot's software seemed more flexible and intuitive. We also preferred the sales process with Userpilot. Pendo's sales process followed the "classic" SaaS sale where you have to talk to a rep who asks you questions and can't provide any answers before passing you to the Account Executive. The account executive then wants to find out more so they can build a sales case, then there's the sales presentation and they move on to "closing the deal". With userpilot we hopped right on with someone really knowledgable, they qualified us pretty quickly and then dove right in, showing us the software and answering all our technical questions.

Would be an amazing tool if it wasn't so buggy.

UserPilot would have been perfect for my needs had it been more stable. Unfortunately, I just couldn't handle all the bugs.

Pros

At first, UserPilot seemed great. It was easy to use, the UI was fairly simple, I was creating guides in a few minutes. It covers all the basic needs for a simple app or webpage walkthrough and allows you to spin up great looking guides fast.

Cons

It was just loaded with bugs. The app kept breaking, deleting things I had done, encountering errors, freezing etc. It eventually became completely un-useable as I couldn't get a guide finished without running into some kind of an issue.

Jeff from NPDESPro, LLC

Industry: Environmental Services

Excellent choice for on-boarding, help functions, and new feature releases

Overall, I am very satisfied with Userpilot. After searching through the available options I found that some were very expensive and others lacked major functionality. Userpilot had the functionality I need at a reasonable price.

Pros

It is excellent for rolling out and demonstrating new features. The settings for determining when a user sees the experiences and how often is very helpful. It is also very good for on-boarding new users and walking them through a checklist to show them how your software works. I have used other software in this space, and Userpilot is among the top for simple usability in this area.

Cons

The formatting of the experiences could be better. The system allows you to customize your experience with your branding, colors, etc. Although I'm glad it is there and I made it function, I found that to be somewhat difficult to use.

Reasons for Choosing Userpilot

Price and functionality in Userpilot gave me a lot better value than the other products.

Reasons for Switching to Userpilot

Walkme was very expensive and their support system made me think they didn't want my business. My app is very niche and has a small number of users - they didn't act like they even wanted me on their platform. Userpilot, on the other hand, offered me a great deal, their support has been excellent, and they seem thankful to have me as a client.

Martijn from Computicate PSA

Invaluable for SaaS business

Userpilot increases the odds that trial users actually perform the steps needed for successful onboarding and conversion.

Pros

After testing multiple competing offerings we were very delighted with Userpilot. We were able to create our flows ourselves. Also Userpilot is the ONLY in-app guide products that features an onboarding checklist which is one of the most valuable parts of the service for us.

Cons

Not too much. In the beginning some advanced options need a bit of in-depth study but support was great. We have multiple hosting regions and needed to use variables for subdomains which works like a charm.

Reasons for Choosing Userpilot

Ease of use, better pricing, onboarding checklist feature.

Ben from HiddenApp

Excellent onboarding and customer experience platform

Improving our onboarding so that we can better educate our prospects and ultimately converting more free trials to paying customers.

Pros

The mix of tools at our disposal. We’ve been able to reduce the number of tools we’re using as a result! We were previously using intercom for our onboarding and product tours, however, it is rather linear. We were also looking to improve the in app experience for new users and found that all the tools we needed for this end could be found in Userpilot (experiences, Checklist, Tooltips), which has saved us developing some of these features ourselves.

Cons

We were also keen to rollout the NPS survey, however, it is slightly lacking in customisation. By this I mean that I would like to be able to route users with different scores to different destinations. For example, a 9/10 B2B client to G2, whilst a 9/10 B2C client would be sent to the App Store to leave a review.

Reasons for Switching to Userpilot

It was a little limited on the onboarding side.

Jason from Advantage Learn

Excellent tool for showcasing product features and improving user adoption

Our LMS can be a little complex to understand at first. UserPilot helps us to guide learners through what they need to know to get going. We've noticed less helpdesk queries coming through from new users. The NPS scores and feedback system have also been really helpful for us to know where we can improve

Pros

- Intuitive and user-friendly process for creating tours and experiences. - Being able to pass custom data to the system is great - Unlike some similar systems, you can control which devices tours are shown on

Reasons for Switching to Userpilot

At the time, Intercom Product Tours did not allow us to specify whether tours would be visible on mobile or not. Our site is so different on mobile that this made it unusable for us.

Anna from cux.io

Easy to use tool for the onboarding process

Pros

Customized templates offered by Userpilot help to achieve AHA moments faster. This tool is useful not only for new customers (when you need to explain how your tool works) but also for existing ones when you want to inform them about new features you've implemented. What's important for me - it's easy to install, no coder needed!

Cons

Initial costs may be some kind of a deal-breaker, but once you get to know this tool, you will love it

Rafal from LiveChat Inc

Intuitive and powerful tool

Pros

Great tool to onboard users in a SaaS product. It's really flexible tool, so you can create workflows that are contextual and effective. We love the checklist, and widget as well as native tooltips that always stay there.

Cons

I didn't find any big problems using the UserPilot.

David from LiveAgent

Ease of deployment + Great Support + Better conversions

I would definitely recommend Userpilot to any SaaS product manager/marketer/CRO speciacalist who is trying to increase engagement rates with their plattform.

Pros

Userpilot stands out in the field of product experience software in multiple ways. Their support is very helpful, product well structured and pricing is startup friendly. Overall, we were very satisfied.

Cons

During deployment of 3rd party software into our SaaS app we experienced some issues which were solved by customer support within hours. Nothing negative overall.

Better pricing

Carl from xChange

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great service team

So far so good. Sometimes the tool makes me frustrated, but that is usually solved with a quick chat with the service team.

Reasons for Choosing Userpilot

Cheaper, better features, ability to make the flows look better.

Reasons for Switching to Userpilot

Our old provider was a lot less flexible with what we wanted to create. They were also more expensive and Userpilot offered to build the flows we already had in Appcues for free so the transition from the tool would be quite painless.

AJ from The Digi Dojo

On the fence? Read this, then get it.

Userpilot and the team? AMAZING! Eversince I use UserPilot I’m feeling confident about the onboarding process of my site. The team has been very helpful, not just explaining what to do, but taking it two steps further. They advise options that you didn’t think about before to make it run more smoothly AND THEY EVEN ASSIST ON SUNDAY. As a solo-preneur with a day job next to my membership site, Sunday is an ideal day to do extra work and getting support pretty much instantly is a blessing. It saves headaches and allows me to get the job done. What’s also worth to mention is the crazy amount of updates that they have added to the system since they went live. User friendlyness and ease to use was good in the beginning, and it’s going from great to amazingly simple. Easy and effective. If you’re serious about your onboarding process that don’t stop after writing up your email automation. Afterall, it’s your app or site that they should be using daily. Whenever I get a question from my customers, I go to UserPilot and setup the ‘answer’ in under 5 minutes. It’s easy to use for me and clear and subtle for my customers.

Pros

- Support - Easy to use - Speed of implementation

Cons

- basically none. But if I have to... my site has different membership levels. To create an experience I need to access for example the "user" page. That means I have to login as a user on my site first, then go to that page to create the experience. The same goes when I want to add something specific to the 'pro' page. That happens only once a year and takes an additional 10 seconds to login. So like I said, basically none.

Reduced my churn rate by 30%

I am very satisfied. Their support is awesome and responsive as well.

Pros

The ease of use and flow of creating a great onboarding experience in a very short time. We have been losing customers at a crazy late within the past 3 months, let alone all those angry support tickets we get where they are usually for silly questions. I guess it's a problem with our software. Still in the meantime, while we are updating our UX/UI, Userpilot has helped us reduce the amount of churn by at least 30%. We were also able to get the average amount of support tickets from 20 a day to less than 5. Huge headache saver. Thanks.

Cons

I would have appreciated more templates out of the box. Also you have a thin line between too much customization and too little. Userpilot has all the customizations one can dream of but still as normal user, you might not need them all.

Miguel from GoContact

Amazing Platform

Through the NPS functionality, we were able to measure the level of satisfaction of our customers, something that we could not materialize objectively until the arrival of the userpilot. On the other hand, we were able to make a very significant leap in the adoption of the new functionalities with the customers, making a process that was slow and boring, into something fun and fast to implement.

⛳ Maxime from GUIDAP

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Solid product !

Reallyy easy to use and the result is really professionnal.

Pros

Userpilot has everything necessary for good user onboarding. Great feature at an affordable price for a startup.

Cons

Only con : the segment integration which is only compatible with Analytics.js source and based only on contacts... But it's the case with most competitors.

Reasons for Choosing Userpilot

Same features for a way more competitive price + easyness to use.

Waqar from ContentStudio

Improved user activation and reduced churn by almost 30%

Well, this tool is a complete no-brainer for any SaaS business. We were having difficulty in making the users understand different features of the product. We implemented user onboarding sequence with Userpilot and since then we have seen a MASSIVE spike in retention, Increased trial-to-paid conversion, and reduced churn.

Pros

Userpilot is a must-have for any SaaS business. It's easy to use and have a clean UI. But more importantly, the features like personalized user onboarding, segmentation, checklists will definitely help any product increase their conversions and reduce their churn. Great customer support is also a plus!

Cons

It's a little techy at first to get it setup but once you start using it frequently, you'll get the hang of it.

Apurva from Super Dispatch

Great product!

Pros

Its easy to use and I love the checklist functionality!

Cons

It can sometime get a little confusing, I think that there is a bit of a learning curve.

Reasons for Choosing Userpilot

great customer support, checklist functionality

Ken from SuperHatz.com

Saves Me = Money, Time, Stress and Grief

Less time, stress and money spent on the phone and email support. It paid for itself upon activation as I knew the value was going to change everything, quickly....and it did!

Pros

-Reduces the Number of Software Support Phone Calls and Emails -Helps Increase Long-Term Customer Retention as I am able to easily point out features in my software which may not be obvious. -Gives my software an edge - as the instant 24/7/365 interactive help gives huge value to both my students (less frustration+easier adoption and understanding) and myself (less stress, less time 1-on-1 support and more time to develop)

Cons

I like everything about this software.

Easy To Use On-boarding Software

User on-boarding and product adoption.

Pros

Super easy to use and the templates make your product walk-throughs look great.

Cons

Nothing was unexpected, service was great.. product works great.

Damian from Paypa Plane

Great & Annoying

Frustrating.

Pros

Chrome plugin is really handy. Dash takes little time to learn.

Cons

Support is great if you're in the right timezone. I'm in Brisbane, Australia (GMT+10) which means even via chat it's a 12-hour turn around on questions. Also no support for targetting 'tel' input fields which seems like a pretty basic requirement.

Reasons for Choosing Userpilot

Value for money, Capterra reviews and score

Fiona from Actioned

Powerful User-Onboarding Tool

I have looked at many different options in this space and while UserPilot perhaps has a little maturing to do, it is by far the best option on the market. Well done guys.

Pros

UserPilot makes it easy to create professional looking tips, flows and wizard-like instructions to help users navigate your software. Extremely customizable and default settings already look pretty good.

Cons

Because it is highly featured, there are lots of options - and perhaps not yet enough help files to explain each of them.

Valentin from airfocus

Userpilot is an awesome tool that helps onboard your users and increases adoption.

Pros

Its easy to use and I personally really like the UI.

Cons

I am missing a self service for the free trial.

John from Mentionlytics

Quite good solution and most of all stable

Pros

I have been using userpilot even before the latest update which made it much more intuitive and user friendly. The main advantage is that when you create a navigation it will be working even when you update your app / UI. I had tested quite many other similar solutions and most of them even with a small UI change you had to update the tour.

Cons

When publishing a tour, minor issues might arise but the support is fixing them quite quickly.

Joshua from Billy Inc.

Very Intuitive

Pros

The software is very carefully designed and the UX is easy to use. Installation was also quite simple. User onboarding is extremely important to us as it affects our conversion rates directly. So we are happy with how this product has helped our business grow.

Cons

Their terminology is new and needed to ping their support before I understood what a few of their labels mean. But always got fast replies.

Nik from Cisco

Excellent tool for our use-case

Extremely pleased with User Pilot and look forward to extending my use-cases for User Pilot!

Pros

The application is really user friendly and has a low learning curve. I use User Pilot for our new user onboarding but you could it for plenty of other use-cases to drive user adoption and engagement with your product. It took me less than an hour to create my first experience and deploy it on our production site. The support at User Pilot is top notch and truly exceptional! They're always available to answer my questions and would readily jump on a meeting with me to troubleshoot any problems.

Cons

There were a few bugs as expected with any new offering, but nothing that their support team couldn't handle and take care of.

John from PhocusPRO LLC

Industry: Photography

Pays for itself

My developers stopped wasting their time building a crappy, static onboarding experience and got back to building our product, while I got to experiment and play with building an awesome, optimized, always current onboarding experience.

Pros

UserPilot lets you get started building onboarding tours the moment you buy, without contacting your developers. The chrome extension lets your content creators design onboarding right on top of your site or web app, and then your developers can integrate it within minutes when it's done. Gives you total control and freedom to update it whenever you want, way easier and better than you could hard-coding it. I use it on three projects.

Cons

I do wish it had an offline mode and native app support.

Seth from FAME

Great User Guidance Software

We've seen a decrease in quesitons/support call. Userpilot's team was great from demo to go live and continues to provide timely responses.

Pros

Easy to setup and easy to use, provides context help to users when and where they need it

Cons

Nothing really - anything that has come up the team has quickly addressed or answered

Pricing and features

Jeff from Keurig Green Mountain

Great Guiding Tool

Overall my experience has been good and the software is solid. I have no regrets.

Pros

Easy to set up and use which means you can easily create walk through guides for your users. It also allows for several options which is a plus.

Cons

For me personally I wish the app area was a little friendly. The overall UI is ok but not great.

Kamil from LiveSession

Industry: Research

Best software for user onboarding

Pros

We’ve tried Appcues and Chameleon vs Userpilot. We loved that they had proactive and reactive onboarding capabilities. Moreover, I am amazed that after basic installation. It’s super easy to do feature tagging and A/B testing.

Cons

I haven't found any bad things in this tool.

Hoang from Boost.link

Best for your Leads Easy to use and setup - User friendly

Userpilot helps your leads access and learn your product easily and faster. Userpilot is easy to learn, the price is reasonable.

Pros

Userpilot helps you leads when onboarding on your product, with the help of easy setup and user friendly user interface. I like the auto trigger features that guide your leads unlock the process of your product. It's easy to use no coding skills needed. Love the Push hints & tips features. User experience is great, design the group and tooltips is easy. You can create your own theme for your product. Great experience dashboard, simple yet user friendly.

Cons

Got no problem with user interaction. Just great.

Logan from Artists at Scale

Industry: Music

Beautiful, powerful, supportive.

Pros

- Prebuilt playbooks and UI elements which helps make the process of creating user onboarding campaigns faster - Universal themes which helps with changing global branding on the fly - User personalization/data customization which makes user onboarding seamless to your app - Great and fast support team which is one of my definitive lines for having a great product experience!

Cons

It's hard to come up with a con for userpilot and I wouldn't consider this a negative "con" but Userpilot is incredibly powerful so to the novice, it can be quite tedious even with the aid of their prebuilt playbooks and UI elements.

Brad from TriBuild Inc

Deceptively Powerful, Easy to Use, Great Value for Money

I'm very pleased - we were looking for something that was ideal for a startup SaaS business that had the ability to help us do in-app product release announcements without needing to create our own, and had the ability to do product walk-thrus and training. Userpilot ticked all those boxes, provided great support when we needed it, and were priced well.

Pros

Easy enough that it is fast and pretty easy to get started, but powerful enough that once you pop the hood and start looking at what you can do you will be impressed.

Cons

The initial organization of the categories was confusing and not well defined, but once we got past that it was all good.

Ramon from Essence of Being

A tool which does one thing extraordinary: Guiding users

Onboarding clients on our client portal and on our membership sites effectively.

Pros

Userpilot fits in your brand design perfectly. You can adjust any aspect of the widgets: Fonts, Colors, Corners and shadows just by pointing and clicking. It offers different types of pop-ups to guide the users effectively over multiple pages. It is possible to enrich the segmentation data of Userpilot via script to show the users your guides just at the right time.

Cons

It isn't possible to connect Userpilot with any CRM system through pointing and clicking. The pulling of the data has to be programmed via script.

Hauke from ECOMPLY.io

Reducing onboarding friction

Pros

It integrates well with our existing stack. We could put it "on top" and our content people could work independently from the devs.

Cons

At high loads, there was a slight lag. But I suspect that will be fixed soon.

Easy to use, will help you to on-board your customers quickly

Pros

- Extremely easy to use. I've tested multiple user on-boarding softwares and I think Userpilot is one of the most easiest to use software available in the market. - Very fast. Userpilot's JS doesn't cause delay in the loading. This is very important for any software experience. - Great support. These guys are extremely helpful. I actually had a live video sharing session with one of the support person, and he fixed my problem in 5 mins.

Cons

- Some minor bugs related with the dashboard UI which I assume will be fixed soon. However, nothing serious that impacted my work.

Mick from Traffit

Ideal solution for mid market users

Strong SaaS product fit. Excellent support and value for money.

Pros

We really appreciate UserPilot's focus on design and ease of use. Integrating into our tool was really simple which is useful.

Cons

They don't have a built in NPS system, however this is minor for us as the cost of solutions that include NPS is so much higher, that we can use an external NPS provider

Nice experience

Userpilot allowed me to offer a nice onboarding to my users.

Pros

Userpilot comes with nice design and various features which I really appreciated.

Cons

Not really easy to use at the beginning. I had to do a lot of tests and reading.

Udit from FunnelBake

Industry: Information Services

Love the Software!

Pros

UserPilot is amazing and the founder behind the software is rock solid. I have been using this at FunnelBake and absolutely it.

Cons

Still need some better UI/UX designs and templates.

Foti from GrowthMentor

This is the onboarding tool we all wish was here a few years ago

We decreased the # of support tickets related to onboarding by 85%. That's just SICK.

Pros

I love the clean UI and the fact that it actually WORKS. Checklists, experiences, all the things Appcues charges an arm and a leg for, available at bootstrapped price ranges that any SaaS provider that values their business can afford.

Cons

It does require a bit of manual set up with your developers to pass the user attributes. So it's not just plug and play. But then again - what is??

Ian from Websumo Solutions

The best of user guiding software

Pros

Easy to setup and reduce direct questions from users.

Cons

So far so good, I haven't find out any problem now.

Razvan from Competitors.app

Really good product growth software

Pros

I have tried many user product tours, but nothing compares how easy and user friendly User Pilot does it. It also has enough features to cover all my needs.

Cons

I can not complain about anything. I have been using it for 2 years already and they improved a lot.

Empowers non-developers

UserPilot has made it easy for non-technical folks in my team to create user workflows that guide new users as well drive product retention.

Pros

UserPilot has enabled non-developer folks in our products team to create great onboarding workflows for new users. To do this kind of work typically involved getting the help of developers and turnaround times were slow because if you wanted to iterate, you would still be reliant on a developer to help make changes on the code. The tool also allows segmentation of users which allows displaying walkthroughs based on certain specified criteria.

Cons

The styling of the modals may not gel with your product's design aesthetics, as the tool is still in its nascent stages and still needs more flexibility and variety with its design patterns.

Dominique from Troi GmbH

Quick and friendly user support

Pros

User support is super fast and very friendly. Furthermore the software is very flexible and allowed us to adjust it to our CI for an even better user experience.

Cons

The build journeys are only editable through a chrome extension in the browser. Would be nice to have all the items in kind of a dashboard in the web surface as well.

James from Scout (formerly Walkmate)

Great tool for a great price!

Pros

Our experience with UserPilot thus far has been a good one. New updates are always being delivered and the user interface is easy to use.

Cons

The only con at this point is that the software is still young, which means they don't have everything that competitors have. That said, as I mentioned, they are constantly adding new features and functionality.

Ubaid from Funnel CRM

Best user on boarding software

Pros

Userpilot Helps in Customer retention and reduces the Number of software Support Phone Calls and Emails. Wide range of options are available to design onboarding experience.

Cons

Not really easy to use for the beginners, It was a bit difficult to set up in the first attempt I had to read a lot to set up the things.

Andrew from LandingCube

Great onboarding tool, excellent support

Pros

Love the power of this tool, and all the possibilities it gives us to refine and power up our onboarding process. User support is fantastic too.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curve, which takes away from when we can start seeing proper results from this tool.

Hector from IT SALES

The essential intro app

Pros

The functionality and ease to introduce customers to your SAAS or service is so powerful that conversions are just unusual. I highly recommend this in place of any free trial approach

Cons

Only a few glitches but its mostly smooth sailing in every experience that I get to use Userpilot

mohit from loyalytics consulting

Industry: Market Research

A beautiful interface and easy to set up

It has been great as we have been searching for a similar tool for quite sometime. The user interface looks great and now they have a nod survey as eell

Pros

The interface for showing user guides is beautiful and it is very cheap compared to other tools

Cons

There was a server crash sometime back. I hope it does not happen again

Gerardo from Rocketbots

Great team behind a problem solving tool!

Been using it for the past couple months, can recommend. Good value for the price.

Pros

The amazing support and customer success experience.

Cons

So features like NPS are still on the roadmap.

Eric from DIGR

Best user onboarding software I have used

Pros

Userpilot makes it super easy to set up user onboarding overlays on your software platform

Cons

Honestly cant think of any - it's the best I've used in the category