• icon"We really appreciate UserPilot's focus on design and ease of use. Integrating into our tool was really simple which is useful."
  • icon"I have used other software in this space, and Userpilot is among the top for simple usability in this area."
  • icon"Userpilot is great, the software helps our customers better understand our platform and the possibilities it brings."
  • icon"For example, a 9/10 B2B client to G2, whilst a 9/10 B2C client would be sent to the App Store to leave a review."
  • icon"It can sometime get a little confusing, I think that there is a bit of a learning curve."
  • icon"It lacks some project management tools and adding those options would make it one stop shop for many onboarding requirments."

All Userpilot Reviews

Rick

Amazing product and company!

We started-off with Userpilot when they where still in BETA. They have come a loonngg way. At this exact moment Userpilot helps us with a massive roll-out, onboarding over 2000 users in 1 month. The software is great, the service even better. Whenever I wondered if something was possible, I got the answer YES. Which is usually not the case with a software that hasnt' been around long. If you're looking to create a wonderful experience for your clients, then Userpilot is your go-to tool!

Pros

Userpilot is great, the software helps our customers better understand our platform and the possibilities it brings. But the software is not even the best thing here, it's the incredible personal service. They are DEDICATED to make everything work, perfectly tailored to your needs.

Cons

At the moment it's not a click-and-go solution, which is fine since they're helping you personally to make everything work.

Atour

Industry: Research

November 2022

It's easy to set up and use Userpilot.

I don't have to rely on the front-end team since Userpilot provides me the freedom to create tidy, attractive messages exactly way I want them to be.

Pros

I can design the ideal onboarding process for our users thanks to Userpilot's comprehensive offering of essential onboarding elements.Customer service at Userpilot is excellent. Whenever I encounter a problem, they are excellent at providing speedy and highly tailored remedies.Because of Userpilot's user-friendly interface, even beginners may create and share their own service engagement sequences.

Cons

Regarding analytics features, Userpilot isn't the best. I must employ integrations if I want to maximize the potential of your customers.However, Userpilot also doesn't offer adequate integration possibilities. But if I stick to Amplitude, Google Analytics, Hubspot, and Segment, I won't be let down.

Reasons for switching to Userpilot

In addition to building a layer of communication with our consumers to keep them informed of the new features we are releasing, it is crucial to give them a comprehensive onboarding experience to assist them in using our products and services.

November 2022

onboard your clients with ease

Pros

the templates to onboard were very intuitive and keeping the clients updated with new release was very easy with this tool. We had new apk version coming out every month so its important to highlight new features and this tool makes it easy to train and highlight the changes.

Cons

it lacks some project management tools and adding those options would make it one stop shop for many onboarding requirments.

Increases engagement

I am glad we chose user pilot over Pendo - doing so allowed us to get more flexibility with the user journey through their guides and then with the $$ we had left over (Userpilot is cheaper than Pendo) we were able to get mixpanel and world class analytics.

Pros

I liked that you have a "what you see is what you get" editor. It's pretty intuitive and easy to make a design that looks good. You can create custom flows based on segments of users so that different people have different experiences based on their previous actions or the metadata that you have attached to them as a user.

Cons

There were some glitches and times when it would freeze up and you have to redo your work. Userpilot is a relatively young company so I would imagine that these will continue to be ironed out.

Reasons for choosing Userpilot

We could built a best in class stack using segment to send data to user pilot and mixpanel - for the same price as Pendo. Mixpanel gave us predictive analytics and a tool for analytics and user pilot's software seemed more flexible and intuitive. We also preferred the sales process with Userpilot. Pendo's sales process followed the "classic" SaaS sale where you have to talk to a rep who asks you questions and can't provide any answers before passing you to the Account Executive. The account executive then wants to find out more so they can build a sales case, then there's the sales presentation and they move on to "closing the deal". With userpilot we hopped right on with someone really knowledgable, they qualified us pretty quickly and then dove right in, showing us the software and answering all our technical questions.

Carl

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great service team

So far so good. Sometimes the tool makes me frustrated, but that is usually solved with a quick chat with the service team.

Pros

The customer success team are very diligent and helps out whenever they can. Have at many occasions jumped into calls where they helped me fix a flow I couldn't fix myself.

Cons

There are still a few features that I feel is missing from Userpilot, but the service team are happy to receive feedback on this. Sometimes more things are promised than are delivered.

Reasons for choosing Userpilot

Cheaper, better features, ability to make the flows look better.

Reasons for switching to Userpilot

Our old provider was a lot less flexible with what we wanted to create. They were also more expensive and Userpilot offered to build the flows we already had in Appcues for free so the transition from the tool would be quite painless.

Jeff

Industry: Environmental Services

Excellent choice for on-boarding, help functions, and new feature releases

Overall, I am very satisfied with Userpilot. After searching through the available options I found that some were very expensive and others lacked major functionality. Userpilot had the functionality I need at a reasonable price.

Pros

It is excellent for rolling out and demonstrating new features. The settings for determining when a user sees the experiences and how often is very helpful. It is also very good for on-boarding new users and walking them through a checklist to show them how your software works. I have used other software in this space, and Userpilot is among the top for simple usability in this area.

Cons

The formatting of the experiences could be better. The system allows you to customize your experience with your branding, colors, etc. Although I'm glad it is there and I made it function, I found that to be somewhat difficult to use.

Reasons for choosing Userpilot

Price and functionality in Userpilot gave me a lot better value than the other products.

Reasons for switching to Userpilot

Walkme was very expensive and their support system made me think they didn't want my business. My app is very niche and has a small number of users - they didn't act like they even wanted me on their platform. Userpilot, on the other hand, offered me a great deal, their support has been excellent, and they seem thankful to have me as a client.

Martijn

Invaluable for SaaS business

Userpilot increases the odds that trial users actually perform the steps needed for successful onboarding and conversion.

Pros

After testing multiple competing offerings we were very delighted with Userpilot. We were able to create our flows ourselves. Also Userpilot is the ONLY in-app guide products that features an onboarding checklist which is one of the most valuable parts of the service for us.

Cons

Not too much. In the beginning some advanced options need a bit of in-depth study but support was great. We have multiple hosting regions and needed to use variables for subdomains which works like a charm.

Reasons for choosing Userpilot

Ease of use, better pricing, onboarding checklist feature.

⛳ Maxime

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Solid product !

Reallyy easy to use and the result is really professionnal.

Pros

Userpilot has everything necessary for good user onboarding. Great feature at an affordable price for a startup.

Cons

Only con : the segment integration which is only compatible with Analytics.js source and based only on contacts... But it's the case with most competitors.

Reasons for choosing Userpilot

Same features for a way more competitive price + easyness to use.

Anna

Easy to use tool for the onboarding process

Pros

Customized templates offered by Userpilot help to achieve AHA moments faster. This tool is useful not only for new customers (when you need to explain how your tool works) but also for existing ones when you want to inform them about new features you've implemented. What's important for me - it's easy to install, no coder needed!

Cons

Initial costs may be some kind of a deal-breaker, but once you get to know this tool, you will love it

Quite good solution and most of all stable

Pros

I have been using userpilot even before the latest update which made it much more intuitive and user friendly. The main advantage is that when you create a navigation it will be working even when you update your app / UI. I had tested quite many other similar solutions and most of them even with a small UI change you had to update the tour.

Cons

When publishing a tour, minor issues might arise but the support is fixing them quite quickly.

Rafal

Intuitive and powerful tool

Pros

Great tool to onboard users in a SaaS product. It's really flexible tool, so you can create workflows that are contextual and effective. We love the checklist, and widget as well as native tooltips that always stay there.

Cons

I didn't find any big problems using the UserPilot.

Fiona

Powerful User-Onboarding Tool

I have looked at many different options in this space and while UserPilot perhaps has a little maturing to do, it is by far the best option on the market. Well done guys.

Pros

UserPilot makes it easy to create professional looking tips, flows and wizard-like instructions to help users navigate your software. Extremely customizable and default settings already look pretty good.

Cons

Because it is highly featured, there are lots of options - and perhaps not yet enough help files to explain each of them.

AJ

On the fence? Read this, then get it.

Userpilot and the team? AMAZING! Eversince I use UserPilot I’m feeling confident about the onboarding process of my site. The team has been very helpful, not just explaining what to do, but taking it two steps further. They advise options that you didn’t think about before to make it run more smoothly AND THEY EVEN ASSIST ON SUNDAY. As a solo-preneur with a day job next to my membership site, Sunday is an ideal day to do extra work and getting support pretty much instantly is a blessing. It saves headaches and allows me to get the job done. What’s also worth to mention is the crazy amount of updates that they have added to the system since they went live. User friendlyness and ease to use was good in the beginning, and it’s going from great to amazingly simple. Easy and effective. If you’re serious about your onboarding process that don’t stop after writing up your email automation. Afterall, it’s your app or site that they should be using daily. Whenever I get a question from my customers, I go to UserPilot and setup the ‘answer’ in under 5 minutes. It’s easy to use for me and clear and subtle for my customers.

Pros

- Support - Easy to use - Speed of implementation

Cons

- basically none. But if I have to... my site has different membership levels. To create an experience I need to access for example the "user" page. That means I have to login as a user on my site first, then go to that page to create the experience. The same goes when I want to add something specific to the 'pro' page. That happens only once a year and takes an additional 10 seconds to login. So like I said, basically none.

Reduced my churn rate by 30%

I am very satisfied. Their support is awesome and responsive as well.

Pros

The ease of use and flow of creating a great onboarding experience in a very short time. We have been losing customers at a crazy late within the past 3 months, let alone all those angry support tickets we get where they are usually for silly questions. I guess it's a problem with our software. Still in the meantime, while we are updating our UX/UI, Userpilot has helped us reduce the amount of churn by at least 30%. We were also able to get the average amount of support tickets from 20 a day to less than 5. Huge headache saver. Thanks.

Cons

I would have appreciated more templates out of the box. Also you have a thin line between too much customization and too little. Userpilot has all the customizations one can dream of but still as normal user, you might not need them all.

Miguel

Amazing Platform

Through the NPS functionality, we were able to measure the level of satisfaction of our customers, something that we could not materialize objectively until the arrival of the userpilot. On the other hand, we were able to make a very significant leap in the adoption of the new functionalities with the customers, making a process that was slow and boring, into something fun and fast to implement.

Pros

It's a very intuitive and fun to use platform. Provided all the tools that We needed to improve our users adoption. We've had great feedback from our costumers.

Cons

At the moment, we don't have any negative points to make, quite the contrary. The support has been unconditional, either in terms of technical support or in helping us build our flows.

Jason