• Pros

• "I love the ease of this software and the fact they are for ever developing it to meet the needs of the changing times."

• "It is easy to use and set up. Rolling it out to the school was a quick and simple process. Great for messaging and knowing the email has been delivered and read. "

• "The customer service is brilliant and I look forward to each update as they are always improving."

• Cons

• "The only negative would be inputting dates of birth for my students, it was tricky to do at first as I think it was in the opposite to the UK setting but I believe that's changed now. "

• "They only down side for me is that registers are already marked present, and you then mark students absent, but I believe the team are looking at changing this to make it more studio friendly."

• "Some things do not always work for my school and it seems as though not all features are completely flexible. However the system is always evolving"

Browse Class Manager Reviews

Jennifer from Revelation School of Dance

Revelation School of Dance Review of Class Manager

This software is really easy to use. Its make the admin side of my business so much easier particularly when it comes to invoicing. The best part of Class Manager is the extremely helpful staff. Any problems that arise are resolved that day and somebody is always on hand to help. In a world of pre-recorded messages and company’s wanting you to email through with queries Class Manager is a breath of fresh air. Being able to pick up the phone and speak to one of their representatives who are so happy to help is worth every penny. Class Manager is excellent for Dance schools as you can do everything from registers to invoicing. I recommend them constantly to all of my dance teacher friends. They are also always to keen to hear opinions and suggestions from their clients.

Pros

Personally being able to pick up the phone and have somebody answer any questions straight away. The staff are so friendly and happy to help.

Cons

Honestly don’t have a bad word to say about this software.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

The training session for site sold it for me. It was so helpful and easy to use.

Nicola from Halesowen Dance Academy

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Efficient product, outstanding customer service and support

A professional product that is saving me hours of admin time. Anything that reduces my admin time is a definite positive. My overall experience since joining Class Manager has been positive, supportive and professional.

Pros

Takes a little set up but there is so much support from the CM team on hand to guide you through the process. This product has completely streamlined the admin work for my business. All my customer data and registers are at my finger tips and invoices can be compiled and sent out easily and professionally. I finally have an admin system I am proud of! It makes my workload easier and feedback from my customers has been positive. The advantage is that I can track customer payments which going forward will make such a difference. My customers can always log into their own version of the portal which is a big advantage. The support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the Class Manager team is second to none. They are always on hand no matter how daft my question seems! Fantastic on going customer support.

Cons

I can honestly say that I haven’t found any major drawbacks. The Class Manager team are always working on new developments and are really honest and open to suggestions for improvements.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

I liked the fixed price for CM at a time when my studio wasn’t even open. I booked an extended into duct ion with a couple of companies but I was most impressed with CM.

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

Admin was becoming too time consuming. Class Manager was recommended to me so I started with the free trial and continued from there.

Carol from Southsea School of Dance

Class Manager

Easy invoicing makes life simple, dashboard is good for a quick overview of the income and outstanding debts. Although limited the email messaging is a simple way of getting information out to customers.

Pros

Covers the essentials required for the administration of a dance studio - invoicing, timetabling, contact info and email messaging. Its very well priced compared to other software that offers similar functions.

Cons

The platform is still developing with new features being added all the time. Navigating the software can be cumbersome at times - shortcuts would help with some aspects. However the developers are happy to listen to suggestions and improvements are being made all the time

Half the cost

Half the cost.

Julie from Twisters Community Gymnastics

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great product for sports clubs

Excellent service would highly recommend. with regards to cost - we as a company like to know how much we are paying each month. with many similar companies they are taking a percentage, therefore, the more you earn the more they earn and you can end up paying a high cost for the program.

Pros

Pros; easy to use, easy to move around the program. covers all of the needs of the business. customer friendly. Having the additional videos to help with any issues is also helpful. The customer service is fantastic. They answer quickly and are knowledgeable. They also take on board any ideas or suggestions and add these to the program.

Cons

As a previous database programmer, I find I want more complex software reports - although this is not necessarily a Con as I always put my ideas forward which they take on board for the future.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

I felt that Love admin was centred around large organisations and I would end up paying more for the product in the long run.

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

the old software couldn't cope with my needs and they did not appear to want to upgrade to the customers needs.

Hauke from Musicalschule Ahrensburg

Best decision we could have made!

Class Manager made our customer/student management a lot easier, quicker and more reliable. We can really manage most of our tasks from within this system which also means all info is in one place and therefor always current. Initially, we did not see how moving away from Excel spreadsheets would open a whole new world for us, but it really did! Also, we can have more than one person working "within the system" at the same time without data corruption - try that in Excel!

Pros

Having outgrown Excel Sheets, we were looking for the best solution for our theatre school. Originally, we were a bit hesitant because we were early adopters and are using Class Manager from abroad (Germany). However, neither proved to be problematic. Class Manager has been very easy to set up, it works very intuitively and should you encounter any issues (which in our cases have been mostly user generated issues), provides top notch customer service - very quick and efficient. Whilst we thought that value for money has been great initially, a lot of new features have been added on a regular basis without increasing pricing - which makes value for money extremely great! We found that requirements for the use of a tool like Class Manager very dramatically from user to user. Some of the newer features we did not use, but one of the things we find very useful is that you can simply "hide" those features making the backend as complicated as you need but as simple as possible.

Cons

No complaints at all. The Class Manager team even helped us import our data from good old Excel!

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

Class Manager won value for money hands down. Development speed and customer service prove us right.

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

We outgrew spreadsheets and needed a bigger, better and more reliable solution.

Deborah from The Deborah Coultish School of Dance

Class Manager Review

Extremely positive. The system is easy to use, the initial online training is fabulous. When I have had issues, usually due to my non tech background, the chat facility has been brilliant at dealing with my issues. They are always super quick at responding. They also take on board any suggestions I have had to make the software even better from a user perspective.

Pros

I love the integrated Stripe payments, and the registration options. The system is very easy to use, the apps are great for my teachers to upload information off site. It has cut down my admin time by days!!! I used to spend hours on a daily basis updating spreadsheets and reconciling bank statements. I am still in awe at the amount of time this system frees up for me to do other things. The registration process has been brilliant during lockdown, and face to face, ensuring that any child that jumps into another class is billed for that lesson - no more inadvertent freebies due to my bad admin skills. Love it.

Cons

Students aren't automatically in alphabetical order, but I can change this whenever I go into a register.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

More UK Centric, also dealt specifically with dance as opposed to a lot of other software providers which were sports orientated rather than dance specific.

Molly from Willows Dance Company

Best dance software

Our experience with Class Manager has been amazing. Communication is great from all of the team, they always go over and above to help resolve issues. I'm always recommending Class Manager to fellow dance teachers.

Pros

Class Manager is perfect for our growing dance school, we have no pressure of paying extra as our school grows. Any suggestions that are made are completely took on board and considered. The layout of class manager is great. It's easy to navigate and the fact that parents have their own portal is a bonus as it keeps them on track!

Cons

Anything that we have suggested so far about parts that we were not happy with have been improved. So, as of now class manager has no negatives.

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

Class Manager is specifically for dance schools so it has all the features that we wanted to be included.

Kirsty from Sussex Dance Studios

Class Manager Review

Class Manager has dropped my paperwork hours from a couple every evening to simply an hour once a week. With also the ease of use on my phone, I can respond to a parent within seconds rather than having to search through files to find the answer or set them up. New parents can also sign up within seconds and take a look at trial classes without the need of handing out numerous forms for them to fill in

Pros

Very versatile across many devices. Very easy to create and add classes for a new season. Creating and sending invoices/orders is a breeze. Great customer service

Cons

A link for a list of the latest parent enrolments to classes and seasons as you don’t get notified if someone has enrolled.

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

As DSP was getting incredibly expensive and so complicated that it wasn’t worth the money.

Lisa from Harlequin Arts Academy

Easy to use system

Customer service is excellent. I did have a couple of issues initially and these were dealt with quickly and effectively.

Pros

I love how easy class manager is to use, everything I need to organise my classes from registers to invoices is all in one place. I like how parents can set themselves up as a customer making it less work for myself.

Cons

The policies section could be more user friendly as I found this quite difficult during the initial set up.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

The affordability of it. My school is only small and I wanted something affordable that would do what I needed it to do.

KYLIE from Elite Dance Academy

Class Manager Dance Studio review

Great support from the time I made the switch I asked loads of questions and every single time they were answered Can’t wait for the app to make it even better

Pros

The cost The support The fact that when suggestions are made they are acted upon - making the system even better I like being able to give what access is needed to staff

Cons

It was a little confusing at first , but the support was amazing An app would be amazing !

Price Support And recommendations on dance teacher pages

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

Needed a system that offered updates , and didn’t cost too much

Rosanna from UP Studios

An easy to use and ever improving system

Excellent customer service. Excellent value for money. We looked around at many other platforms and before we heard of Class Manager were going to set up LoveAdmin - until the customer service we received was atrocious and luckily we found Class Manager. The team have been helpful and instructive from day one, and you certainly aren't forgotten about as a customer once you've signed up.

Pros

I like the ease of use of the software and its layout - things are where you expect them to be. It is an attractive looking interface from both customer and client point of view. There are many good features to the software and it is excellent value for money. I like the functionality of the registers, having all the information in one place on a system such as this is much more professional and easier to administrate as a manager and the dashboard is great for an overview of the business.

Cons

There is nothing that I like 'least' about the software. I am really impressed that every recommendation that we have made to improve the functionality or recommendations from other users is considered, addressed and ultimately put on the list of things to improve. These include GoCardless integration for monthly invoicing, a text message system and being able to download reports on classes, number and finances.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

The other platforms either had bad customer service, didn't have all the functions we needed or they weren't being developed, or didn't seem as user friendly.

Caroline from Jenny Reeds School of Dance

Industry: Performing Arts

Changed the way we manage our dance school

Generally it's been amazing for our school. One of the best things is the team are very responsive and they listen to their users. Any problem I have ever called or mentioned has been rectified. even if it's something difficult like asking for a new feature, it may take longer but they are always implementing new things to keep up with demand which is great. Having everything in one place has made our small dance school business so much easier to manage, and it is useful to be able to remain clearly on top of everything. You can track who has paid invoices, and even see when customers have read your emails (game changer - every dance teacher has the mum says they didn't get that email...when you've clearly sent it 3 times). And in a modern age when looking after the environment is everything, we have made our school completely paperless thanks to class manager- would definitely recommend :)

Pros

It's made administration of our dance school so much easier. The class manager team helped us with the initial set up which made things a lot easier, and as the software has developed we have developed with it. Each new feature which is introduced is based on feedback from its users, so it is always useful to us as a school. When we started we only used it for generating our invoices more easily (used to spend hours doing them manually), now we do everything from the system. We manage our students, organise our timetables, send messages and group messages - just a few of the many features.

Cons

There's a few annoying niggly features - for example, when you try to go back a page it will take you to the beginning of an entire list rather than just the beginning of the page you were on. This is fine when you're on page 1 but can get tedious by page 10 when you can't just go to the next item but instead have to go back to the first page and then click through to page 10. This being said, it's a small thing, and the class manager team are constantly making updates so I believe this will be something which will soon be rectified.

They were cheaper!

Courtney from Light UP

Its a Class Act

We have been very pleased with our overall experience thus far. The customer service is unmatched by any other company we have worked with, your eagerness and willingness to adapt to the needs of your customers and the changes we are seeing in the world are commendable and have greatly benefited our unplanned pivot to the online teaching world. While we haven't quite seen the benefit yet on the administrative front, implementation of the new system hadn't fully taken place when we went into lockdown so we still have a few things to integrate before September that should be helpful.

Pros

The feature I have appreciated the most is customer service. Whether you have emailed, messaged or interacted over Facebook, the customer service team is always willing and able to answer. The team has gone to great lengths to assist us and has even been able to expedite rolling out software features based on our individualised needs. They are very open to constructive criticism and feedback in an effort to improve upon their software and service for the betterment of their various clients and the administrative ease that we are all so desperately in need of.

Cons

There are a variety of features that have not yet been introduced that unfortunately have made the ease of use for myself and our team a little more difficult than we'd anticipated. Our old system was built using Google Drive which apart from the email integration, invoicing capabilities and security we felt worked quite well for us but we wanted something that would be more professional and would help us streamline our admin processes and improve with parental communication. We still believe this can be achieved but there are still some features, like being able to look at a specific location/class and see an overview of the whole term (absences, illnesses, teacher/student notes) that was very useful as a teacher and administrator, being able to make notes that can be actioned by teachers/administrators and be able to collect data from free triallers, members and leavers that help us track our trends for review. We know that many of these features are in the pipeline and others will require us to adapt but we'd welcome further collaboration to help as we want this to succeed just as much for ourselves as we do for you.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

While Love Admin was more established at the time we made our choice to go with Class Manager, they were unwilling and unable to provide us the reassurance that it would it would be a good fit for our team. They didn't meet their own deadlines, offer any additional support or provide anywhere near the quality of customer care you have shown and delivered.

Rohanna from RJ Performing Arts Academy

Industry: Performing Arts

Excellent software with exceptional customer support!

Excellent, their customer service is exceptional. Even with the time difference (I am in Australia and the support team is UK based) I find the responses prompt and efficient they follow up on issues as well to ensure all has been resolved. The overall branding, ease of use, customer support, and parent portal makes Class Manager an excellent system for dance schools. After the initial set up it, it will save you hours in admin time.

Pros

The overall interface of Class Manager is a simple easy to use menu option. The main menu homepage has a snapshot of the day's lessons, outstanding invoices and upcoming events/birthdays. Invoices are easy to bulk generate and simple to view send and track, for the user they are clearly itemized and easy to read. Class rolls are clear and easy to mark, children only need to be marked if they are absent which is a huge timesaver.

Cons

Initially, Class Manager lacked quite a few basic features needed to operate a simple roll system for a dance school. However, in the 9 months I have been subscribed to Class Manager almost all features have since been added, many thanks to their excellent support team. There are still a few minor things that could be improved, such as adjusting invoices after they have been generated (it is possible but quite involved), additional payment options to allocate a payment too. I also found the initial set up of classes very tedious, however, once created seasons can simply be copied to the next which saves a lot of time. Some feedback from staff is it can be hard to mark rolls after the day of classes, by this I think they mean that they have to manually search for the class within the system. Perhaps a setlist of each employer's classes to easily refer back to would be a solution to this issue. Lastly, for parents who are paying invoices off in installments, they cannot see the amount remaining from heir end only the total amount that was outstanding. This creates a lot of additional admin time for the administrator.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

1, Cost. 2, Referral by a fellow dance teacher. When I first joined Class Manager it was a very basic feature software, still excellent value for money but lacking a lot of basic features. As mentioned above 9 months later the amount of features that have been added has transformed it into a system that meets every need.

Cost.

Gillaine from Transitions Dance Academy

Great for busy teachers

The Class Manager team are always looking for ways to better their software and make it work for us, they listen to our needs and try their best to build them into the software so we can make full use of new features.

Pros

The features are just what we require for our dance school, it has customer and students registers, their info is all at the touch of a button. Classes can be organised with costs, time-tables etc payments entered and even paid through the software which saves a lot of admin time too. Overall it has helped in organising my school and in saving me a lot of hours of admin work that I used to have to do before. The team is great too, they listen to our needs and work upon them to make the software work even better and at no extra cost, they are always there to answer any questions or help you deal with any problems. Best software and team I've come across in a long time!!

Cons

I think that maybe the Parents Portal and the instructions for parents to work their way into the portal could be easier. I feel some parents don't use the portal as much as they could due to not knowing how to use it to its full potential. Also, and I'm not sure whether this was fixed, parents unknowingly duplicate accounts and may use another e-mail address which can mess up your system slightly. Maybe let parents know their e-mail does not match the one on file before they can proceed??

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

From what I read on these software programmes Class Manager seemed to have everything I needed and the cost was by far the most attractive!

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

Class Manager seemed to have everything the other one had and more. The plus was that even though the other was a large bulk one time amount, the support I receive from the Class Manager Team was not there so I opted to go to Class Manager and I have't looked back.

Julie from Beat Feet Academy of Dance

Brilliant customer service

One of the best things about Class Manager is the customer service, which I think is outstanding. There are several ways you can contact them to ask a question and I always receive a speedy reply. There was a time that I had an issue with my account and the team responded well. They went through a lengthy process to ensure the problem was fixed and followed up with me afterwards to make sure I was happy with the outcome.

Pros

I love having lots of my business elements all in one place including customer information, student records, registers, timetables, invoices, payments, staff records, emails and more). It's easy to use and I have my staff set up with their own logins so that they can access registers and medical information when required but I can limit their access to other private information. The invoicing function saves me a lot of time. Another point that is great about Class Manager is that they are always improving the software. They actively ask users for feedback to ensure they provide what dance school owners need and regularly add new features.

Cons

I would really like a few tweeks to the online registration process on the software as at the moment this doesn't quite provide what I need it to but I understand that is currently under review. It would be brilliant if it could link up with accounting software in the future.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

I was aware that it was created by the same developers of Stage Stubs and was really impressed by that software so was keen to see what else they could create. It was also priced very reasonably compared to other similar products. I also liked the fact that the price was fixed regardless of the number of customers you have on the database (many other companies increase the amount you pay when you add more customers).

Katherine-Lucy from Cirencester Creative Dance Academy

Industry: Performing Arts

Class manager soft ware with a business responsive team

Particularly in Covid 19 situation whilst running online classes, it has proved its worth, making it possible for customers to enroll via the parents portal function. Soft ware support has been excellent at all times, the access to the online direct messaging with the company has improved use. Equally the phone calls are always promptly answered with great professional service. Overall it has transformed the running of my school , simplifying accountancy and general administration, leaving me more time to teach and promote the school.

Pros

Love the search feature as it makes finding data easy. The online element of the soft wear means it can be accessed from multiple devices. Features such as reminder emails for late payments make that issue easier to handle. The message function is extremely useful as an individual customer or the whole school can be contacted with information. The development of this product has been directed by input from its users. I had particular needs regarding my pricing system and this was accommodated . The parents portal.

Cons

Nothing but suggestions for improvements Would prefer more financial reports to be available. Being able to add pictures & video to the messaging function. Being able to individualize the format of the dash board.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

After looking at all the options and researching over 35 systems, I felt this gave best value for money and that the development team were more responsive to the needs of my business model and had at heart the needs of all of their customers. Also it is a product from a well respective company and didn't have any issues with time zones due to be in the UK.

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

The program was outdated and could only be accessed on one computer with slow functionality.

Danielle from Showbiz Performing Arts Studios

Industry: Performing Arts

Amazing customer service, overall great program

They have a great online chat option where we can pop in our questions and get them answered quickly. The staff are informative and accessible as well as being patient and helpful.

Pros

We trialled this program because in comparison it was much much cheaper than its competitors. Yes the program was in its infancy so therefore had some kinks to iron out but everything and I mean everything that we asked of the developers has been implemented promptly in order for the program to cater for the different needs of its clients. The customer service is impeccable- we ask and they deliver with such amazing speed. Even when we are in Australia and they are based in the UK so therefore we have a large time difference, their response to questions and concerns is super fast and efficient and they always try to cater for their clientele. It almost feels like a community where we are building the program together. Nothing is to hard for the class manager team to cater for and although the program is still growing and there are features they are developing, they really do go above and beyond to satisfy their clients. The price is also amazing $40 AUD a month in comparison to $120 plus every little extra is an add on price- whereas it’s all included in class manager. There is no hidden costs popping up all the time. They also adapted to the whole online learning experience during the covid pandemic with ease, adding options to the program literally overnight. They seem to work tirelessly to build the software to be up to the standard of competitors but without the price tag.

Cons

We would love the text service to get a wriggle on, we’ve been waiting for that one for a while but understand it’s a big job to create and code.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

Price initially and also it was one all inclusive monthly fee with no ads ons as opposed to dancebiz. They also didn’t have capped enrolments where you pay one price for 0-100 students hypothetically and then the price goes up for 100-200 students etc.

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

Dance works did not provide an online cloud based program that was within our budget.

Gemma from Affinity Dance School

Best Management Tool for Dance Classes

Pros

I choose the class manager software after trialing several products, this was by far superior to anything I had used before. Firstly Payment struture is very straight forward and you don't get penalised if you grow bigger, they just support your ability to grow and allow you to reduce your admin time. Meaning you can devote more time to you main business needs. It is really easy to set up your timetables and invoice your lessons every month, and has meant my payments are coming in quicker and take up much less of my time to log. Class manager has allowed me to bring all my communication and customer details into one place, helping me remove paperwork for registrations, means my parents can manage their own profiles, classes and payments. This has been a godsend during the covid crisis The Class manager support team are really responsive I have never had a query ignored or missed. They are extrememly helpful and helped me get to grips with the system very quickly. Finally Class Manager enabled extra festure during the covid crisitime, allowing me to bring on-line classes to my whole dance school during the covid crisis, for no extra charge, this has allowed me to keep functioning and supporting my students from my main customer base. I cannot thank them enough for this. I would highly recommend this service if you want fantastic service, fabulous support and value for money.

Cons

The main thing that could be improved is the usability of each page, by maybe letting you set view permantly on certain pages/ searches so it doesn't jump back to original setting after you have completed a task. The ability to send out customer wide texts or groups texts if needed would also be a fantastic asset to the service.

Joanne from Absolute Dance Ltd

Industry: Performing Arts

Time saving, business boosting, best software for an evolving business and time!

Fantastic!

Pros

What I love most about this software is the saving in administrative time! To me that is priceless It used to take me days just to send one email- let alone the invoices I had to send out individually. I would literally spend a week sending each invoice, calculating discounts per family/class. Then I’d have to compile registers/timetables, In putting payments, sending receipts! I cannot express how invaluable this software has been for my business. It took a while to set up, but the team were able to help me through this and even offered to input data for me. The additional features that have been added since last year are fabulous and I’m particularly impressed with the addition on the online classes etc via YouTube- this has become a huge help for my business during this Covid-19. Anyone looking to reduce their admin time, without compromising their business or teaching I would highly recommended.

Cons

The hardest thing for me and the most frustrating thing was the set, but now that it’s done it’s so easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

I liked the convenience of having everything I needed in one place. Online registers accessible anywhere. Write 1 email and send to everyone Easy invoice sending to everyone at the click of a button

Mariona from Active Dansa

Industry: Performing Arts

Has saved me so much time!

I am very happy with it and the costumer service has always been great answering all my questions and taking on my feedback during development process. I believe this app is great for my business and has saved me a lot of time, specially when I didn't have the budget to hire people to help me with admin work. I believe in the capacity of this team to keep developing an app that it is up to date and keeps offering smart solutions to businesses like mine. I hope they develop a phone App version in the future for parents and studio owners .

Pros

I like how user friendly the software is and the fact that it suits perfectly the nature of my business (dance school). I am able to coordinate classes, teachers, costumer data base, communication with costumers, invoicing system and merchandising orders all in one. It has saved me a lot of time with spreadsheets and I know the information I store from my costumers and business is safe and protected.

Cons

I joined this software at the initial stage of its development, I was one of the business who was part of the trial period. Obviously the software has some minor issues at the beginning and didn't offer all the potential it had at that stage. I had to wait for some features to be developed but they always delivered what they promised they were going to add to the App. Class Manager listened to their costumers's feedback and have always been very effective and proactive correcting and adding new features to the app. For example, they were extremely reactive to add online classes feature when the Covid-19 started.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

Because I found Class Manager to be more user friendly, it was easier for me to understand and I became very comfortable with it from the very beginning.

Christina from Wightmore School of Dance

Industry: Performing Arts

Cut down my admin time from days to just a few hours!

Classmanager are really helpful when you have a problem. You can reach them easily on email/phone and they talk you through the system when first using it. They have been really supportive. They are always adding new features and unlike other companies you pay one price for the month and don’t have to pay extra if your studio grows and you have more customers.

Pros

I have been using Classmanager for over a year and i now get my dance admin completed so much faster, giving me much more time to concentrate on other things. I love the online live class and pre recorded class options, which have become available. I don’t know how I would have coped without this feature, it would have taken hours to send all the links to each customer. I also really love the portal, which gives you somewhere your dancers and dance families to access their individual classes, details, invoices and payments. It is an invaluable systems for any dance school!

Cons

I would really love if I could write a short note and customise my receipts

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

A friend suggested I tried the system to cut down on admin hours. I did a trial and didn’t look back! Thank you Class Manager

Rebecca from Stageworks Studios

Industry: Performing Arts

Great system and easy to use

Communication with parents/customers have been improved with their messaging service, as you specify which class receives it.

Pros

It met all the requirements we needed, students and parent database, easy to use. Even better that the parents/customers find it great to use too, not just us the administrators.

Cons

Just the feature of being able to take card payments through the system, but I have been told this is coming soon. They have produced changes already that enhance the system in the short time we have been with them.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

The team were helpful and friendly. The trial was well thought out and very accommodating. All the set up and transferring over from our old software was well explained.

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

Most of their system we never used and it was just too complicated.

Su from MESH Ballet

Game Changer!

I have been very happy with the Class Manager system right from the start and the improvements I have seen over the last year are phenomenal. The customer service team are friendly and responsive and great to deal with.

Pros

Class Manager is very easy to use with easily accessible help guides if needed. The customer support staff are always on hand to help and are very responsive if anything goes wrong or even if improvements are suggested. It has made my administration tasks so much easier, having struggled with excel spreadsheets crashing on me for some time, and therefore saved my sanity. The team are continuously improving the system and adding new features so it is just getting better and better. Their response to the coronavirus lockdown was amazing, with a very quick release of online streaming and pre-recorded class functions - Amazing!

Cons

The only downside is that is doesn't work well with Safari so I have to use Google Chrome to run. But I now keep all my work tabs open in Chrome and my leisure tabs open in Safari so that also has a bonus aspect of keeping work and home separate! Other than that, whenever I have been disappointed with something I have contacted the team and they have taken any issues on board and made improvements within a very short space of time.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

The flat rate was one of the biggest draws for me as I was bordering on the limit for other systems I had looked at and would have struggled to pay the higher price with only 1 or 2 students over the threshold.

Ruth from Ruth Nuttall School of Dance

Great class managing software

Pros

I signed up to classmanager early on from its release and have been impressed with it from the start. It has developed quickly as we have gone on, but the team are great at communicating new features and how to use them. The are also really receptive to new ideas from their customers. All queries have been dealt with quickly, professionally and thoroughly. It’s a great way to database your students and is easy to use. It has made invoicing much quicker and therefore less accounting admin time is needed.

Cons

I haven’t really found fault with the system any difficulty I have had in using has been due to me not knowing how to do something which has been quickly fixed with a look at the helpful guides or a quick message with one of the team who are always keen to hear about ideas for development.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

At the time the product was much simpler which helped me to ease into it. I also much preferred the fixed low price.

Ched from Elite Dance Coaching

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

User Friendly Class Management Software

Invoicing, and as I mentioned earlier CM listens to their clients and that’s why I feel happy using the software

Pros

Class Manager listens to their users’ suggestion and the service keeps getting better. Before trying out class manager, I’ve tried other managing softwares and they are not as user friendly as CM

Cons

I actually liked everything about it!!!!

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

I didn’t think about any product anymore. Other than jack rabbit I tried RADar foR RAD Teachers. Even other brands they are way too pricey and as the number of students increase the price goes up too. Unlike with CM it maintains the price. It’s a helpful software for new businesses.

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

The previous software is too complicated. First, I did Class Manager trial for a month and from then on I signed-up for subscription because I find it more beneficial for me.

kirsty from DNC Academy

Constantly evolving

Very positive

Pros

The customer service is amazing. Really helpful and quick to reply. As it is still relatively new they are constantly evolving and improving and take on board suggestions and want to work with the customers to make it the best platform possible. It has made invoicing and chasing invoices up SO much easier. Massive time saver and now you can add products onto orders=even better

Cons

Eg if I was looking at 100 invoices and I got half way through the list and went on one to look at it, if I then clicked back it would take me to the beginning of the list again which can be frustrating!

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

Price. Included everything . Dance teachers earn a minimal amount so we don't want to spend a huge chunk on admin software and I feel the price point is just right in that respect.

Merilyn from Flamingosdance

Industry: Performing Arts

I am a technical dummy but this software is brilliant

Since I started using Class Manager, more and more facilities have been added so I can now invoice for merchandise and apply various discounts for things such multiple classes and sibling discounts. As I said, I'm a bit of a dummy when it comes to technology but the friendly and extremely patient Class Manager support team are always there to talk me through and make everything work seamlessly.

Pros

I was looking for a way to better organise and reduce the administration for my ballet school and honestly, I tried Class Manager because it was the most affordable option for my smallish ballet school. Since I have been using the software, not only has it made my invoicing and accounting infinitely more efficient but it has made my business look much more professional.

Cons

It took me quite a long time to input the data first time around but now it'a all in place, it's a doddle. Well worth the initial work and very simple to run.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

Mainly affordability but also because the system is specifically designed for dance schools such as mine. I particularly like that the system allows for the expansion of my growing business without increasing the price.

Genie from ShowBiz Performing Arts Studios

Great Product!

The staff are very prompt with their response and willing to help get you up and going quickly and are constantly updating things to the needs and wants of studio owners.

Pros

The product was great value for money and staff willing to help with set up.

Cons

We are really wanting the text feature but as this is something they are working on we are really excited to receive the new update soon

Price

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

It was on a desk top and wanted to move across to a cloud based software

Rachel from Greasepaint Performance Academy

Industry: Performing Arts

Class Manager has changed my life!

I love that there is no more paper work and that parents / guardians are able to update their information easily. I also love the direct messaging function, meaning that emails don't get lost anymore.

Pros

I have tried many different programmes to help with the running of my performing arts business, but generally have found them either very complicated to understand and use, lacked certain functionality, or were to expensive to go forward. I was recommended Class Manager by a colleague who uses it for her own dance school and immediately I knew this was the software for me. I started with the free trial and found I could locate my way around quite easily without any training, it made sense! I complied a list of questions and then jumped on a call with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who talked me though the little things I got stuck on in a professional, knowledgeable and friendly manner, allowing me to come off the call with the confidence to go forward - and I know that if I get stuck on anything again the team will be ready and available to help me going forward. It really is everything I have been looking for - easy to use, parent portal functionality, staff access, invoicing and payment option and all at a great price. Thank you Class Manager team, you've made mine and my clients lives a lot easier and efficient! :-)

Cons

Nothing has come up to date. When I spoke to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] he explained that a few functions were still to happen i.e texting function, so even though some functions may not be fully working the team are working hard to resolve it.

Zoe from ZC Dance

An absolute DREAM!

Extremely positive. I run my school single-handedly and Class Manager makes the work load so much less and so much smoother. I was unsure if I would use it at first, but I can’t tell you how many times I’ve thought to myself “why didn’t I do this sooner?!” I was wasting so much time before. I find it really easy to use and there is everything on there I could wish for at the moment. I would recommend to everyone looking for a class software. On a slightly separate note, with the current Covid-19 outbreak class manager has been absolutely crucial to my business, it’s so easy to stay in touch with my clients which at the moment is essential. And they were super quick to add helpful elements!

Pros

There are so many things I could list here as there are many great elements to Class Manager. But for me the main 2 are...1. The invoicing/payment element. Invoicing has gone from taking me 1-2 days to less that 30mins since I started using Class Manager!! 2. The ability to message specific classes without having to type in everyone’s individual email, one click and everyone I need is there! There are lots of other helpful things, such as a live chat, birthday list, registers, timetabling. There is just so much for your money!

Cons

There really isn’t anything I dislike about Class Manager. It has saved me time, is cost affective, the team are always on hand (they literally reply within 10 minutes almost everytime!) and they are constantly adding new things.

Linda from Hartley House Dance Club

Class Manager

Class Manager has been a God send in this pandemic. Without it, we would have spent hours and hours on the computer trying to contact, schedule, invoice etc. The software is so simple to use as an admin. The 'help' section is really clear and concise, answering most queries/questions. When we have had a problem that we can't find an answer to ourselves, the support team have been fantastic. Answering within 5/10mins every time and are always able to fix/help. Our customers/students have all been able to register without hassle and like the invoice system. They also love the fact they can go back into previous classes to re-watch their lessons. Many of our students are now doing their weekly class two or threes times a week. During lockdown this was fantastic, it really helped to keep everyone fit and boredom at bay. We will definitely continue to use Class Manager once our studio has re-opened and classes resume.

Pros

Since the outbreak of COVID-19 we have had to move all our dance classes online. The online class feature in Class Manager is brilliant. We can schedule pre-recorded classes to be sent out to our students with one tap of a button. We also like the fact the students have to read and click on our 'online class' terms and conditions before accessing their lesson. Not only does this give us peace of mind that everyone has thought about their own safety, but also means we are covered by our insurance.

Cons

The D.O.B section in student details has caused some problems for our UK residents. Some of our senior Silver Swans couldn't quite work it out (year, month, day) and are enjoying a second childhood! It would also be great if admins could view the portal as a student. If you can do that, I haven't worked out how to do it yet!

Felicity from Ripley Academy of Dance Ltd.

Revolutionising my business

Great service, friendly team, open to new ideas = top notch!

Pros

This software was in its infancy when I started using it. I had been looking for a package to turn my business admin electronic for some time and was always put off by the price hikes for over 300 pupils. The software has now developed into a state of the art fully functional piece of kit. I love how the team listen to feedback and implement changed and are constantly improving and making additions.

Cons

They are constantly making improvements and I think this software answers everything I want from it.

Pricing

Rachel from Full Swing Dance

100% perfect!

I have been using them since they launched, they have listened to feedback, customer suggestions and respond to anything so quickly. Excellent service and so easy to use.

Pros

The most useful feature for me is invoicing and payments using stripe. Before using class manager I would spend hours of my week creating invoices for parents and chasing up payments. Class manager generates all these for you and cut down admin time by more than half. I also really like the messages feature, being able to quickly communicate with parents in an official capacity. Being able to communicate with just one class, the whole school, or selective parents, And the new feature to see if email have been read and how many times is an absolutely game changer!

Cons

I honestly don’t think I could say anything bad about class manager, I have never had any problems that haven’t been resolved and were usually my own fault anyway!

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

The price. It’s great value for money, did everything I was looking for and was advertised by a trusted dance wear supplier.

Lydie from MyBallet Academy

The Admin Tool for dance schools

Anything I need/that is missing to the software, I contact them and within a couple of weeks (or months, depending on the complexity) it is added to the software. I suggested the following and it is now part of Class Manager List of birthdays of the week Point of sale to sell uniforms Being able to send SMS They do not stop developing the product to suit our needs!

Pros

Lovely design Clear set up Customizable Amazing customer service Low price Mobile phone compatible These are just a few of the pros you will find using Class Manager!

Cons

I have been using Class Manager for 2 years now, I wish I had found it earlier.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

It is after following a business course with Anne Walker founder of IDS (my best dance gear supplier) that I discovered Class Manager. I trusted her good judgement of the software and have not regret it since.

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

Membermeinster was expensive and not responding to my needs. It was difficult to use, I had to follow the logic of the software when I believe the software should follow the logic I run my school with.

Ignus from Spotlight School of Dance

Exceptional Organisation

Class Manager is a joy to use and have transformed, TRANSFORMED, the way we operate. And this is not an empty phrase, it genuinely feels like a little family. Their Facebook community is super supportive and adds to the family feel. Well done [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

Class Manager is by far the best software we trialed, primarily due to the fact that their team is exceptionally customer oriented. We ask, they make the changed, sometimes within the day. It does everything we need it to, it's user friendly, current and much cheaper than competitors. There are no hidden charges, none! Setup way a doddle and a joy. They also have the most amazing integration with Zoom, life saver!

Cons

There are hardly any aspects we don't find useful. It took us a few days to get our heads around the idea of classes and lessons being separate but we've got it now. This may have been due to having to adapt to online lessons due to lockdown.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

Price, service, ease of use, ethos, flexibility.

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

We needed to move our service online and integrate payment to keep up to date and current.

Caitlin from Generation Dance

Class Manager - the only software dance teachers need

I have had an AMAZING experience with Class Manager. I can't believe I didn't sign up earlier. There is so much help from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team and the software is constantly being updated. I believe in a few years time Class Manager will be the only player in Dance Teachers software as it is by far the best built and cost effective I have ever used. Overall I feel much more organised as a dance studio owner as everything is in one place and I am easily able to access registers, payment and emails all in one go.

Pros

The product is incredibly easy to use. The main thing that I like is the invoices and billing section. I am able to easily send an invoice with the click of a button, mark it as paid with the click of a button send a payment reminder with a click of a button and so on... Before using Class Manager I had to individually write each email which took so much time out of what I love doing most - Teaching Dance!!

Cons

It took me a while to think of an answer to this question as there really isn't anything major that I dislike. Possibly just adding autocorrect to the email option as I seem to misspell many things and often don't have time to read through an email I have written, this can sometimes make me look unprofessional.

Laura from Le Petit Ballet

Life made easy

The customer service is an absolute dream, the platform is simple and ease to use.

Pros

Class Manager has a simple clean layout that is very easy to navigate around. It covers all the main features required to run a studio. They are constantly innovating and adding new features which is amazing.

Cons

There are a few functions that are not available yet, such as text messages and instant payment for enrolment. However I know are working hard to develop.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

I like how quick they are to respond to feedback and the customer service is amazing (dream team). The price point is also very manageable for a small studio.

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

The company changed their pricing.

Melissa from Angel School of Dance

Excellent product and support team

The support from the team has been amazing since we took on Class Manager. Previously we had done everything manually and via paper copies, but the COVID year has driven us to do things differently and Class Manager has really helped with this. The team have been brilliant at answering questions and the facebook group has been great for sharing tips and getting quick responses

Pros

Class Manager is so easy to use and follows a common sense / logical approach. The ability to plan classes for multiple teachers, venues and genres has revolutionised the way we can manage classes. The links to be able to electronically take the register and have it updated in real time has been invaluable (especially over the last year!), and being able to invoice in one easy click has been amazing. Our outstanding fees have never been so small and this has been driven by how easy the system is to use for both the staff and the parents.

Cons

I'd like the ability to print off a timetable from the system. I might be missing something, but a calendar that can be printed off would be really helpful as sometimes you just need to see the overall picture to pick out the clashes!

kerry from Dance Fusion Limited

Saves us so much time!

Class manager has saved us time doing admin work, improved our way of communication with customers and helped us take the leap to GoCardless payments - again saving time chasing payments.

Pros

We are so glad that we decided to use Class Manager. Once you get to grips with what you need to do its easy to use and the team are so helpful and quick at replying on the chat function if you have a question. Having to take our business online with the pandemic, there's a brilliant integration with zoom that has made it possible. Parents have found it easy to access and use too. We really like the invoice system and it saves us so much admin time and looks much more professional than other methods of contacting customers. New features are being added all the time and we are kept in the loop about what is coming up. Would highly recommend!

Cons

It takes a little while to get to grips with how everything works, but once you've got the hang of it, it's very simple and quick to use.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

It seemed easier to use, better help and support from the team and was cheaper than most.

Gemma from Gem’s Dance Academy

Simple and Affordable

I’ve had no problems. I’ve been with them from the start and it’s made my life so much easier and saved me hours and hours of admin time

Pros

I love that I can use this software on multiple devices wherever I am in the world. I can coordinate with my team and customers with ease- and can see at a glance what invoices, registers etc are outstanding. Customer service is amazing too- so any problems, I know somebody will help me

Cons

Sometimes, when using a new feature it’s not always obvious but once I’ve done it, it’s easy and quicker the next time. It’s not really a con as actually CM are always improving and adding to their package so it’s better value all the time.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

Opening deal but once I tried, it was really user friendly

Amineh from Flip n Fun W.L.L.

Just Amazing!

Class Manager has made our lives a whole lot easier, we were using excels sheets for almost everything account, class lists, reports etc. Once you go through the training (which there is now a step by step tutorial) everything is super simple.

Pros

It's so easy to use and to train staff on. The admin are so supportive and are constantly upgrading and adding new features. Lots of features available, so you only need 1 system to use.

Cons

There's a few small features that I'd like to see in future updates, sms service which is being worked on, progress reports and an app would be amazing too. But for the price and all the other amazing features available, class manager won our vote!

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

We trialled many other softwares, apps and products but was never completely satisfied. One of the biggest problems I faced was not being able to have an easy accounts system linked to a detailed class management system, class manager combines both in the sinplest possible way l while giving you every feature you need.

Alexandra from Locomotion Dance Studios

Amazing!

I’d never look back or towards another company. I signed up when they first launched and since day one, I’ve been mega impressed. They constantly add new features to accommodate their users feedback, the system is streamline and easy to use for both staff and parents. They got Zoom connected through their system soooo fast! The team are always on the end of the phone if you need anything and they also take their time with you as oppose to rush to get you off the phone. My sign-ups, invoices, emails, uniform orders, literally everything I do is through class manager. It has been a life saver!

Pros

Streamline, easy to use, parents find it easy, invoices are quick and keeping track of them is super easy. Registers are clean and the system updates quick.

Cons

My emails are marked as spam so parents miss vital information but they receive their invoices fine so it seems like I'm only getting in touch about money.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

Customer service and honestly, I had a good feeling :)

Letisha from Impact gymnastics

Exactly what I needed

Can’t say how happy I am with with this product after using a competitor who seemed to be “a jack of all trades and a master of none”

Pros

Love the ease of it, the features that don’t cost extra except credit for texting which I find perfectly acceptable because I control how much I purchase for what I use, customer service, the way classes are automatically archived and the copy class feature is amazing

Cons

At the start there weren’t all the features I needed but it certainly has it now.

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

Cost, ease of use, mastered what I needed

Stephanie from Tiptoes Dance Academy

Class Manager

I used to really struggle with sending invoices, making sure I had added the correct children to the correct classes, charging them correctly, taking off holidays etc. Now all I have to do is add the child to the register, which I then use in class, it automatically generates an invoice for that child, and when I have added my schools holidays to class manager it then automatically deducts these too. It makes invoicing so easy.

Pros

Class Manager is really easy to use, if there is a time when you need help someone reply’s on the online chat really quickly to offer support. This is really useful for me as I’m not very good with Tech. The support is really helpful too and nothing is too much trouble.

Cons

I don’t really have anything negative to say about class manager, even when we all had to go online, up popped a new feature to enable easier accessibility for my customers to the online classes.

Sindy from Ferry Dance School

Best Software Available

Class Manager has been excellent in helping us to organise all administrative tasks associated with our Dance School.

Pros

We transferred to this software from another provider. We received excellent customer support to achieve a very smooth transition of all of our data. The software is very straightforward and user friendly which really helped us to become accustomed to the new set up. We have found this software to be much better organised than our previous software. There is a logical format to its user interface which makes admin quick and easy.

Cons

We've not really found any downsides to this software. The customer service is first rate, so we've found that if we don't understand how to use a feature we can just ask. Help always arrives quickly and gets us back on track.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

We chose Class Manager as we already use services provided by IDS. So they are a trusted company.

Dance Studio Pro hiked their prices significantly and without notice

Naomi from Northern Performing Arts

Industry: Performing Arts

Gives me more time, more money, less stress!

The team have been friendly, approachable and always happy to help. They keep me updated on all updates; even those still in development, so we can comment and be involved in the process. They really do put the users at the heart of everything they do.

Pros

Class manager is user-friendly and easy for even the most basic of IT users. Whenever I may have been confused, I just contact one of the team and they are always quick and happy to help! This saves me so much admin time and is so reasonably priced for the large amount of work it does!

Cons

Nothing! It really is amazing stuff! The team are constantly listening to users and adding new aspects to the software constantly. Everything I’ve wanted for my dance school, they have provided. Even during these challenging times of covid-19, they have given dance school owners a range of items that have helped us throughout to continue working productively online.

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

Class manager had a user friendly system, UK based and better value for money!

Kelly from Dance with me academy

Thank goodness!!

It’s just basically my dance brain for everything I don’t actually have space for in my brain anymore!!

Pros

It’s accessible, any questions from parents day or night I have the answers just there on my phone!!! Timetables, money matters, class numbers( great right now in current covid situation), people’s details everything you need really!!

Cons

I want the dashboard to be the front page haha minor con I know

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

Expensive programme and doesn’t seem as accessible and simple

Alice from Kew School of Dance

Class Manager

It helps us communicate with our customers via email, with the ability to track open rates. Facilitates our enrolment process, allows all the day to day management of our student, parent and class management for the dance school.

Pros

Class Manager is easy to use, the customer service is excellent and it helps us streamline our day to day administration of the business. They are super responsive to customer requests for new functionality and generally are quick to implement new features. It was easy to transfer data in the new system when we first set it up.

Cons

Any missing features are on the build list and have upcoming release dates.

Reasons for Choosing Class Manager

Pricing model, payment options, customer service (including local support), product specifications, location of business

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

Class Manager represents better value for money and excellent customer service with a better designed and easier to use product compared with Dance Studio Pro.

Jaclyn from Universal Dance and Performance

Industry: Performing Arts

Amazing Software! Fabulous Customer Service!

Pros

Class Manager is incredibly easy to use. From the moment you login it is all very straightforward and logical, making it very easy to adapt to my business. The customer service is second to none, with any issues dealt with in a friendly and timely manner. The cost is absolutely justifiable and I would honestly never use another dance software again.

Cons

There are a few features that are not yet available such as accounting software integration, however the rate at which new features are added is incredibly quick, so I expect any missing features are always just around the corner.

Reasons for Switching to Class Manager

The software I used before lacked features I required, with no updates expected for some time. The price was also much more expensive.