Browse DanceBiz Reviews

Jordan from Theatre Dance Academy

Industry: Performing Arts

One stop shop for your CRM needs!

It's our one stop shop - so much so I actually have 4 accounts. This is for a business cleanse reason as each location requires a different set of information. I'm setting up another slightly unrelated business too and this software would be perfect for that business as well.

Pros

The ease of use - it's really simple, even if you're not the most technical, it's certainly something for everyone and every business. From reporting, generating invoices and taking payments to keeping my customer database clean, this system does it all.

Cons

Hard to say really - I've not found any fault with it so far. It's improved on a regular basis and it's functionality improved a lot so if you ever find something you're not too happy with, within a few days, it's been updated.

Eleanor from EBA Performing Arts

Industry: Performing Arts

I wish I'd used DanceBiz years ago!

DanceBiz has consolidated my administration and made the day-to-day running of my business so much smoother and less stressful. I have tried other software, and found danceBiz to be much easier to use and visually a lot clearer. The support team - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] especially - have been AMAZING. I ahve been supported every step of the way and am so grateful for the team's help.

Pros

With a full-time teaching workload and a young family, administration was becoming overwhelming. DanceBiz has allowed me to streamline my administrative tasks and view everything in one place - it is so accessible and easy to use. My company teaches Dance and Drama at 5 venues, and I found it difficult to find software that could adapt to my company's business model, where over 100 students are on a rotating timetable, taking different lessons at different times on different days each week. DanceBiz was the only company who said they could help me with this - their team have supported me brilliantly throughout my integration onto their system, and I am now invoicing with ease and my teachers have easy access to online registers. I cannot recommend DanceBiz highly enough!

Cons

Any problems I have encountered, DanceBiz have been able to help me with. The only things I would change if i could would be to have more choice over my invoice template - I would like more features so I could have a template more bespoke to my company.

Reasons for Choosing DanceBiz

DanceBiz found a solution to all my problems - the support available was my main reason for choosing DanceBiz - thank you Nichola and Christine!

Reasons for Switching to DanceBiz

Class Manager unfortunately could not adapt to my business model, which heavily relies upon a rotating timetable of classes that change day and time each week.

Maria from WhizzDance

My thoughts

- I had a huge issue with it not linking properly with Xero when I first set it up which caused great stress. Everything seems resolved now. - Customer service team is excellent with problems particularly the ladies. - Sometimes you are sent the instructions to 'figure out yourself' which is annoying after paying so much per month

Pros

- Linking registers to invoices to Xero - Incredible customer services - Great to have everything in one place - App is amazing

Cons

- I know it's not all about looks but I look at it every day and every day I think I hate the way it looks. It's like looking at an old computer. - You can't rearrange order of items on the invoices once on - Despite the amazing customer service, I think the service is very costly and I am exploring cheaper options that provide the same service - The register print out is also very ugly. Other software products provide a much nicer register layout. - When invoicing, you can't remove certain people when to a group. For example, resending information about an event but I have to send to everyone including those signed up for it. (You can, but you manually have to go through the email addresses to delete it which is tedious.)

Reasons for Choosing DanceBiz

At the time, there weren't better products but I do believe there are cheaper alternatives that are just as good which I am exploring

Margaret from Margaret Bunten School of Dancing

I couldn't do without DanceBiz

DanceBiz saves me so many hours each month - the ability to email or text either the whole school or a specific class/level is a great feature. Being able to do the register on my phone or iPad is saving me having to print out registers.

Pros

I love everything about DanceBiz - the system and the support you get from the staff who are all lovely. It saves me about 20-30 hours a month in administration it really takes the stress away and lets me concentrate on teaching. I now have online registration integrated through my website which enables customers to enrol at any time without waiting for me to send the registration email. I've just discovered the event planner which is going to be a huge time saver at showtime.

Cons

The only things missing for me is being able to schedule emails and not being able to print labels from the event planner.

Reasons for Switching to DanceBiz

I met George and Kate at an IDS teachers conference and the features in DanceBiz suited by needs better.

Rachael from SUPERSTARS

ThinkSmart software changed my business and started MAKING me money

A constant problem for a business owner is time - and Dancebiz gives you so much time back! A one stop place with enrolments, customer files, attendance histories, multiple access (so each staff member can access roles and mark them individually). Automated invoicing - LIFE changing after spending years manually typing up individual invoices and then not knowing if they were ever even paid - DANCEBIZ helps me MAKE money! The added features eg; texting on birthdays, sending clients direct notifications has taken my business to the next level, making us look sharp, on the ball and professional all the while still staying personal with over 600 students. I LOVE that I talk to an Australian on the phone EVERY time I call and also that the software company is continuously evolving and developing the program so I know my services to my own clients just continue to get better and better thanks to their hard work in developing the best program on the market.

Pros

The online enrolment system that then works together with customer profiles to create automated invoices. This saves time and staffing costs that were otherwise being spent on a job that could be automated. People are able to enrol into the chosen class via online website BUT STILL then having personalised human contact immediately from us with a customized email reply. Another fantastic feature is being able to email or text at the click of a button to a filtered/selected audience. The advantage of being able to integrate across to Xero is another timesaver for the business and makes us money in the long run as we are able to have an up to the minute gauge on where the business is sitting financially and what money is owed. The invoice features are easy to use and the ease of being able to add late fees to overdue invoices or additional items (either to an individual invoice or as a bulk to a group) makes it easy to charge clients fast and simply. The integration of the direct debit systems also means less time on the 'books' for our staff trying to chase money when it's all being done at the back end for us. At concert time, the convenience of being able to plan a concert and it's timings and what children are in each dance thru this program once again is another time saver, allowing our staff to easily input their classes and information for all other staff to be able to see. The value for money with this ever growing and developing program is outstanding!

Cons

There is nothing directly negative about Dancebiz's program within the regulations of Australian systems and law. When there is something that Dancebiz "can't do" it is usually because there is a larger rule in place that stops the program from being able to have it. So I focus on all the positives it has to offer and usually find a way to manage the challenges, knowing even if I was using another program I couldn't have that feature anyway.

Reasons for Choosing DanceBiz

I chose DanceBiz as it was based in Australia, when I emailed or called I spoke to an Australian, my needs were met by the program and if I had a question - it was answered quickly and solutions were sort after if something needed to be amended. Back when I started with DanceBiz I was after a one stop shop so that I knew all my administration needs were in one place and that's what I continue to love about DanceBiz.

Bianca from Bebe Ballet

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

DanceBiz does almost everything you need!

It has been really easy to start with DanceBiz and the team are always very helpful. Usually I ring [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and she doesn't make me feel like an idiot when I make a mistake and don't know how to fix it.

Pros

I love that the information is all stored in one place: class info, contact info, invoices etc. I can easily email/phone/sms families either individually, as a class or entire school or year level.

Cons

Sometimes it feels a little clunky but it's very user friendly. I don't find the "help" feature that helpful so I need to contact you guys when I have an issue - however it gets dealt with very effectively. I have used your old/vintage YouTube videos and I'd probably prefer these to be updated.

Reasons for Choosing DanceBiz

Jackrabbit - looked like it offered more BUT it looked really complicated PLUS I liked how you guys were in Australia. Not that I've ever been to your office, but I think as an Australian you understand our needs more - especially with the GST side of things.

maria from spotlight Ltd

Industry: Performing Arts

dance biz for dance school owner

We use it on a daily basis and it is useful for a dance school owner to keep all the student's details online. Invoicing works but its takes a while to get used to as it never seems to do exactly what we need. We get there though in the end.

Pros

We mainly use this software for registration of students & customers, to take registers and to create invoices. It integrates with Xero which was one of the main features we were looking for

Cons

its tricky to find the student if you don't know the customers name ( often different from the child's name) andto get to a particular class you need to click through quite a few options

integrated with Xero and is UK based as are we

Reasons for Switching to DanceBiz

because dance biz integrates with Xero which membermeister doesn't.

Mark from WHAM Theatre Schools

Amazing Software & Team Member

The team are amazing. Very supportive, and understanding. I wouldn't go anywhere else!

Pros

Online Class Management System, and the app for parents.

Cons

It depends on your individual circumstances!

Because it's the best!

Reasons for Switching to DanceBiz

The previous system I used was very difficult to set up automated direct debit enrolments, and payments. It was cloud based and not overly customisable. DanceBiz is a blank canvas for your business.

Lynette from Centenary Dance Academy

Would recommend this product

Great tools that can be tailored to our needs , excellent prompt support available when needed and very open to feedback .

Pros

Great for teacher Office communication & records

Cons

Few small features could do with an update or reconfiguration for maximise ease of use

Australian product Easier to use for "NONE IT"staff

December 2021

Shelley from Steppin Out Stars LLP

December 2021

Love Dancebiz!

FABULOUS the staff are so heloful

Pros

Its changed my life, stream lined my business and I non longer pay a PA £1000 a month!!

Cons

Some of the obvious things are tricky!

Georgie from Croydon School of Dance

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Functional, well supported and constantly evolving

We have had an amazing experience with DanceBiz, our admin hours have been massively reduced, we have the ability to send professional communications at our fingertips from any computer. Our business is much more efficient in all ways thanks to DanceBiz. Fees are issued promptly and any changes to enrolments are picked up right away, no more chasing parents at the end of term for a class they picked up and didn't advise us, no longer do these fees fall through the cracks. Dancebiz actually makes us money rather than costing us!

Pros

Easy to set up and use, features you didn't even know you needed, takes away hours of admin and elevates the level of professionalism for your business. Allows you to track students much easier and ensure all families are invoiced efficiently. The support offered by Thinksmart is fast, friendly and most of all accurate. They really listen to their customers and implement changes that are important to the industry, they really try to understand our business and our needs. Thank you Thinksmart!

Cons

I'd love it to be available to be accessed from any device anywhere but that's not a huge hindrance would just make my life easier.

Bryce from Kalgoorlie Dance Academy

Dance School

DanceBiz has given us confidence in running the administration and accounting side of a dance school operation. Having information readily available on desktop and mobile devices gives us flexibility to access data. Support is great and the regular software updates where ThinkSmart have listened to users and implemented improvements is outstanding.

Pros

The enrolment process, both online and face to face, is very streamlined and flows well from step to step. From creating a customer, enrolling a student, selecting classes and adding a student to the class is easy to follow the sequence. The details required in the data entry boxes are just what we need to manage enrolments. For the teachers the class rolls report is easy to organise as the software does it for you as soon as a student is enrolled into a class. Any changes are easy to do through the edit student function, such as changing from one class to another. At the end of each term, enrolling students into the next term is a breeze as the data rolls over to the next term at the press of a button. The software is value for money and a real time saver on administration, communicating with customers and invoicing. The support through phone support is great and a real bonus are the online tutorials for the software and any update. The Help tab and search function directing you to an online manual is a handy tool.

Cons

Nothing about DanceBiz comes to mind as its all good.

Ben from Glenlyn Academy

Industry: Performing Arts

DanceBiz revolutionised our business!

DanceBiz has allowed us to reduce the time we spend on admin. Invoice generating is fast and the online registration system allows prospective parents to input all of their details straight in to the system. It’s also a great marketing technique as parents can register without having to go through loads of emails or pick up the phone. The customer service team at DanceBiz are brilliant and are always on hand to answer any questions. The software is regularly updated with new and exciting features. The team regularly introduce features that you never thought would help your business, but they do! Every performing arts school should be using this software - it will change the way you run your business.

Pros

DanceBiz has totally changed the way the way we administer our school and all for the better! Seamless invoicing, totally integrated parent and student records and a fast and efficient class registering system have made this software an integral part of the school. It has allowed us to focus on what we do best, teaching! The online registration and customer portal is a particular highlight allowing prospective parents to register with us online and current parents to log on to their portal to check their account and update their details.

Cons

The only con was that it was a PC based software running through a skin on Mac. However, they have now updated this with a bespoke Mac option. It would be good to see the iOS app have the same full functionality as the Mac and PC app.

Catherine from BKD Performers

Needs updating

Dancebiz meant less time spent doing admin jobs. After many years of use and other products coming on to the market it became less user friendly and confusing.

Pros

Dancebiz was great for keeping all records in one place. The customer service was always good and quick to respond.

Cons

It seemed clunky and everything was in different places and we couldn't see the information we wanted in one place. The integration with Go Cardless seemed to provide more work instead of less. The back end user interface was quite dated and confusing.

Cost

Response from ThinkSmart Software

Replied March 2021

We appreciate your feedback regarding our product's advantages and your concerns regarding Go Cardless. We take all customer feedback seriously and would be more than happy to assist you further with using the Go Cardless payment method. One of our friendly staff will be in touch to help you with this and any other issues you have.

Caroline from babyballet

Brilliant system

The main benefit for our franchisees is timesaving and efficiency, having a one stop tool that can do so many admin tasks for them. From our Head Office point of view, it is so easy to roll out to our new franchisees, ideal for us to train in house with the Thinksmart team on hand to support, assist and deliver training where necessary.

Pros

The system is so easy to navigate and understand, simple yet comprehensive enough to allow the user to run their business effectively through it. It is a fantastic tool used by all our franchisees throughout our network and has been a Godsend to them in terms of time saved on administration. The online booking platform and the links with Go Cardless mean that payments can be taken quickly and easily with everything linked and automated, the time saved on taking and chasing payments is amazing. The support provided by the Thinksmart team is fantastic and we couldn't ask for more, they are informative, friendly and 100 % efficient.

Cons

I have no negatives, there are features that we can see would improve the system for us as we grow, however the Thinksmart team are always willing to look at ways of introducing new functions where possible. I also have great confidence in the team doing all they could to rectify any negatives which may arise.

Darren from FlavaBay

Couldn't run my business without it!

My overall experience with DanceBiz is second to none. I could not manage my school without it now. It's an integral part of running my business. I also have to say the customer support is fantastic. There is always someone on hand to talk you through any updates or new features.

Pros

What I love more than anything about this product is that it saves me so much time. The integration with my website allows my customers to feed straight through to my database saving me the time of manually inputting everyone's personal data. I also love that this integration allows my customers to search my timetable, pick a suitable class and pay for it. Due to recent UK Law changing and the introduction of a much more complex General Data Protection Regulation, the team at ThinkSmart have updated the software including new features to make my life easier in complying with this Law which has been a lifesaver!

Cons

To be honest there is nothing I don't like about DanceBiz. It would be good to have an email notifications feature but I've heard on the grapevine that this feature wil be released early this year.

Jodie from A Mind Apart Theatre Company

Industry: Performing Arts

Great platform, easy to use and fab customer service!

I really like Dancebiz. It has changed the way work in my business and cuts admin time down dramatically. The staff and teachers find it simple to use and the customer portal option for parents proves invaluable for our customers. The customer service has always been spot on and it's excellent value for money!

Pros

The phone app is really useful and easy for teachers to download. Setting access levels for each teacher is a useful tool and easy to do. When teachers leave it's easy to take them off being able to use the app and system preventing them from having access to data for GDPR purposes. The system is also GDPR compliant so makes life less stressful knowing that we are also complaint.

Cons

It can sometimes take a while to get to grips with how to use elements of it. An example of this for us has been the customer portal element. Sometimes customers struggle with it, but we solved that by providing them with a 'how to' video on our youtube channel. They have also recently made some changes on the portal which have made it a little easier.

James from Perform Australia

Dancebiz is constantly improving

I have been using Dancebiz for seven years now to run the administrative side of our company's drama classes. We run 50-60 classes per week for more than 700 students in two cities. The team at Dancebiz give excellent and fast support, and respond to the needs of clients by updating the software regularly. In particular, we value the ability to take online registrations, automatically send out invoices, integration with our financial software (Xero) and have teachers use the app on their phone to mark rolls or contact parents in an emergency. Occasionally I have looked for other products (with so many students our monthly contract is quite expensive), but I have not been able to find any other software that is so comprehensive and ticks so many of our boxes.

Pros

- The ability for teachers to mark rolls electronically in class - Integration with financial software - Excellent customer support - Bulk emailing of invoices and other communication with students - Comprehensive functionality

Cons

- Statistics section is not very useful - Price quickly grows as you do - Online portal could be designed better

Megan from TFX Performing Arts Academy

Couldn't do without it!

Very good and couldn't keep track of the customers or students without it.

Pros

Invoicing features and seeing what I need at a glance

Cons

would love to have a mid selection for contacting customers from individual registers. At the moment all I am aware of is 'message all' or 'message selected' (individual). Online porthole is confusing to set up and thus haven't.

Reviews and administration capabilities

Reasons for Switching to DanceBiz

It wasn't working for us and very time consuming to use

Rebecca from babyballet Halifax

Review for a pre-school age group

Pros

This software is VERY easy to use - it is very simple to set up and amend your timetable - with ease of Class number limits too. Setting up the initial timetable is somewhat time consuming, but once you have your times and days, you can copy from Term to Term, as well as enrollments which is very helpful. Integrating with the website was very easy - just had to input the code as instructed, and all updates you then make are automatically inputted on the website for you. DanceBiz integrate with Stripe a great way to take the initial payment from customers too. Invoicing is one of the easiest things - canbe done through Auto-generate and was the least stressful process I have done! Some items need to manually be inputted but everything is very simple and easy to use. Best thing about it really is having everything in one place - Customer support are very swift to respond and take the time to help you through problems.

Cons

There could be some areas of improvement: To save time on the initial input of timetable - it would be helpful to have a way to select parameters and class times in one go rather than having to click on each specific time and fill in all the fields separately. But that is only for initial input. It would be great to have an easier way to track if people have attended class rather than having to export the data to a PDF. I am new to the software, so maybe just needs me to get used to it! As I am new to the software I am still learning - so there are few things that I struggle with so far.

Amy from Dance Magic Dance

Great!

DanceBiz has already made my admin and life much easier! And it gets better all the time! I am overall, very happy with it.

Pros

The customer service is fantastic! I am forever forgetting how to do things and the support team are always quick to help and never get frustrated with my questions! The team are always updating it and adding new features and they welcome feedback.

Cons

It can be tricky to use and not easy to remember how to set things up. I think the help manual could be a bit more filled out and possibly with videos to help walk you through things, so that you can avoid bothering the support team so much. I think it would also benefit from a 'test invoice' button or similar feature and maybe some free test profiles in your database so you can practice your systems and pricing more easily. The mobile app is often very temperamental and doesn't work even when I have a strong 4g connection. Parents have also given feedback that the customer portal and the ezipay link is not super user-friendly, so it would be good if it got an update to make it easier to navigate for them.

KAte from babyballet

Lifesaver!

Dancebiz controls almost every aspect of running my business. I have two accounts for my two schools. It's easy to switch between, we use the app for both so we can do our registers and the attendances come straight over to the office. Autopay is brilliant for setting direct debit payments , we rarely have to use invoicing now. I have used Dancebiz for over 5 years now and the customer service is always fantastic - nothing is too much trouble, no question too stupid (well I'm sure it is but they certainly don't make you feel stupid for asking!). The team are always happy to talk you through processes over the phone and will log in remotely to actually show you how to do things if you are stuck. Big thumbs up :-)

Pros

Dancebiz saves me so much time. It is accessible to all my staff in varying levels of access and the online booking is an absolute lifesaver. We use the autopay as well so now spend very little time chasing up invoices.

Cons

Nothing! I can honestly say I have never had a problem.

Kylie from www.krsdance.com.au

Dancebiz has allowed us to take Control of our adminitration and spend time focussing on teaching.

Before we started using Dancebiz we were doing everything manually. Our business was growing so fast we struggled to keep up. Once we implemented Dancebiz is really helped gain control of our Administration and we have grown our business using the features of Dancebiz along the way.

Pros

We really like how everything is integrated into one place - emails, text messaging, invoicing, Income reports, recital planner is amazing and the new notifications feature. We also like how fabulous the customer support is and how they are contently upgrading and evolving. The online enrolments and customer portals were a total game changer for us.

Cons

We actually had trouble answering this question because when we have had issues or troubles in the past the ThinkSmart team usually listen and help us resolve them. The unpublished invoice balances showing in Customer Portals.

Michael from The Rockhampton Grammar School

Dancebiz- We Can't Live Without It

Dancebiz is an amazing product and one we use daily in organising and running our business with ease.

Pros

We could not live without this software package in managing our Dance Academy. It offers everything we need to manage our classes and especially our accounts with our clients. It is very easy to use and the after sales support is fantastic.

Cons

I feel it could have better functionality to mark student absences when they give you advance notice. It would be good to enter absent dates in the customer section rather than having to go to individual classes that the student is in to mark them absent in advance. The setting out of the timetable to have it print in a better format is an issue. I still prefer to do the timetable in Excel. It would be good to somehow integrate this better.

Julie from Dance JAM Academy

Industry: Performing Arts

Fantastic customer support, a rarity these days

I only have positive things to say about DanceBiz. If I require any help at all the response is immediate and the staff are extremely knowledgeable of their product and can answer my queries straight away.

Pros

The invoicing facility allows me to fully track and monitor payments. The class schedule allows me see at a glance members of the class and is easy to enrol or remove students from classes. I also love the recital planner. All in all this software has allowed me to claim back so precious time. My teachers also love the app, where parent data can be kept safe but yet they have it to hand. I can also keep track of attendances of their classes too.

Cons

I would like to print a weekly timetable for each venue and teacher for notice boards that doesn't have number of students etc on.

Zaya from Nadine's Academy of Dance

NAD

Dancebiz has helped me organise my business the way i want to. It's saved me time when invoicing families on a term basis and overall, i'm very happy with your product.

Pros

in the begining registering students in their chosen classes and setting up takes time however once that's done, it's quite easy to use. It also help's when you can get customer support to help you if you get stuck. I found [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to be very professional and a delight to talk to.

Cons

I guess class rolls, Active student rolls could improve but it's not an issue.

Fiona from Fiona's Fancy Feet

DanceBiz

Very helpful and friendly team right from my first phone call to inquire about the service so many years ago. Nothing is ever a problem and it has the feeling that every customer matters and you're not juts another dance teacher on their system.

Pros

This software save soooo much time, this is what is best. Invoices take a matter of minutes when they used to take me hours, registers are a few clicks at the computer and you can easily produces them for staff. I also like how easy it is to contact parents of just certain classes if you need to cancel or juts inform them of something.

Cons

I really can't think of anything. Maybe the only thing is you can email customers via the app on your phone or tablet but you can still text them if it is urgent.

Leanne from Dance Fusion Studios

Great Customer Service - Quality software

Overall this is a great product and Dancebiz listen to the needs of clients in the industry and continue to improve the product to suit the industry

Pros

Best customer service with technical problems. Easy to use and always updating and improving the product.

Cons

Statement printing and the reporting function is limited. Statements for clients are particularly difficult for clients to follow as payments are applied to invoices and amounts paid do not appear on statements. Ad on are extra $

Reasons for Choosing DanceBiz

Customer service and price. Being able to phone and take to a technical team member makes all the difference.

Reasons for Switching to DanceBiz

Pairing with accounting system Intuit and ease of better client and studio management.

Tanya from Sayers Dance Pty Ltd

DanceBiz review

DAncebiz resolves my accounting issues (of which I hate doing), I can actually enjoy the paperwork side as its easier. Parents can change their paperwork or details any time they like, parents can log in and check their account and money owing whenever they like without having to ask me all the time.

Pros

DAncebiz reduces the amount of paper work I am required to do, one click and invoices are done, reminders can be sent out. It also is linked to my bank and accounting software, it makes reconciling easier and less stressful. I spent less time at the computer doing accounting and more time doing other jobs without felling under the pump all the time.

Cons

Sometimes gets confusing when you need to change one thing but it is a three or four step process. Especially when you are first starting out or need to change something and you forget how.

Bronte from SUPERSTARS

DanceBiz makes my business admin so easy

As a business, we absolutely love the overall function of DanceBiz, with over 15 staff we can all easily access things we need, and work well as a team to get greater results.

Pros

How it easy it is to keep everything about my business all in on program. I love that I can click onto statistics and see up to date reports and also that it integrates well with XERO which helps with my book keeping systems.

Cons

One tiny feature of the program in amongst many great things is that when clients enrol online, if they enrol in one class, but email separately to enrol in a 2nd class I can't automatically do that in one move, I have to go out of one page and open another.

Clare from Bridge Academy of Performing Arts

Excellent piece of software

Brilliant customer support, and stable, effective software that lifts a huge amount of time off my shoulders.

Pros

Having this software has made a huge difference, as the admin hours were starting to pile up. It is like having an assistant of my own. It is well worth scheduling a training session, as often there is so much more functionality than you would at first realise.

Cons

Occasionally some of the functions are not overly clear, ie the name might not tally with the terminology I would use, and occasionally the route to a function is not always clear, but once assisted, I think it is great.

Sandi from Vibe Studios

DanceBiz

Pros

We have a very large studio. DanceBiz allows us to keep track of student attendance, easily find customer information, print class rolls and easily generate invoices. DanceBiz works on multiple computers, so we can work from home. The support of the DanceBiz team is invaluable.

Cons

There is no financial component with DanceBiz, so we are required to use an accounting software program. We sometimes have issues marrying up this program with DanceBiz, but in saying this, the team at DanceBiz headquarters are always happy to help solve problems.

Natasha from The Nicholson Academy

Love Love Love Dancebiz

It is freeing up my time. I have recently integrated Xero, Go Cardless and Stripe to make my studio cashless. I have everyones details with a touch of a button. I wouldn't go anywhere else

Pros

I absolutely love how much time it has saved me with its automated features and no more carrying around registration forms! I love also that it is constantly evolving and new features being added and the support you receive.

Cons

Sometimes the software has bugs which mean it crashes and it is difficult to get hold of someone as you need to send an email and wait for a call back.

Ashleigh from Twirling Toddleres Limited

Great time saver!

Pros

DanceBiz is easy to use, and it makes daily admin tasks much easier and quicker E.g. sending out bulk emails to customers where you can select them in bulk rather than individually selecting them, making it a much quicker process. It's also great for enrolling new students into classes really quickly, and sending out bulk invoices at the stat of a new term, again saving lots of time.

Cons

It occasionally crashes on me but this could be my computer rather than dancebiz.

Lynne from East Devon Dance Academy

Game Changer !

The staff are excellent and help is never far away. The constant updates and options it offers is fantastic, now if could deal with parents too that would be the icing on the cake !!!

Pros

It's so easy to use, and has made my school admin so much easier. I know there is probably more it can do that I haven't ventured into yet, but it does what I need it to.

Cons

I wish there was a way of working out what each teacher's revenue for the classes they teach, as it would make my tax calculations a lot easier !

Claire from RISE Studios

Industry: Performing Arts

Every Dance Studio needs this!

Really pleased with the service I get from Dancebiz, they are always on the end of the phone if I need them, and get any issues sorted out quickly and efficiently. Very happy with the Dance Biz software and it really does make my life easier!!

Pros

Dancebiz has changed my life! Invoicing at the touch of a button, emailing or texting classes takes no time at all.

Cons

I'm happy with it all but apparently I have to fill this in, so I would like to be able to print out a birthday list- I'm sure there's a way to do it, but haven't worked it out yet!

Kiah from iDance Performance Co

We love DanceBiz

We love what it does, they are always updating it and it actually is really easy to use when you know what it is capable of.

Pros

What i love most about dance biz is the personal help you get from the company. Their customer support is outstanding.

Cons

At first i wasn't using the software to its potential. There was so much i didn't know it could do. Once i called dance biz they did an audit on what i was and wasn't using and helped me through it.

Reasons for Choosing DanceBiz

It looked the easiest to use and not as overwhelming.

Natalie from NY Dance

Best Business Decision

For a start the customer service is excellent, considering that to start with we had many, many phone calls with both representatives, they were extremely patient and helpful. Using DanceBiz has enabled us to systemise virtually our entire administration side of our business from endless charts, paper rolls, lists and so forth. It's easy to find everything we need and has allowed us to improve our customer service and we now have the time to devote to refining our business and expanding our work to the other areas of studio life instead of being bogged down with endless admin tasks.

Pros

It put together all the different files and lists of things that we needed to run our business.

Cons

Not the software itself, just learning a new system was a challenge.

Anna from LiquiDance

DanceBiz Review

Overall my experience with DanceBiz has been great. Their customer service is excellent and it helps me keep everything organised.

Pros

I love that fact that everything is in one place. It's so easy having all my registers, invoicing and student information all in one place. The new GoCardless feature is fantastic.

Cons

Only having the option to use 1 email address. it would benefit my business to be able to send invoices from one email address and send information emails using another.

Nikki from D&B Academy of Performing Arts Ltd

Large Performing Arts School

We experience excellent customer service from Rep and the team. If we have a question or query they are always happy to help and are constantly working to improve the software and implement changes that we suggest to help efficiency. The software has saved us a fortune in man hours!

Pros

We went from almost entirely paperwork to online and the process has made it far easier for multiple office staff to be able to work at the same time and see updated information.

Cons

Sometimes it can freeze for a little while.

Phil from Chiswick Theatre Arts

ThinkSmart pulling out all the stops during Coronavirus emergency

Specifically during the Coronavirus situation, Thinksmart have really pulled out all the stops to help their customers. From setting up business survival webinars, to quickly implementing useful software updates to providing 100+% efforts on phone/email customer support.

Pros

Fairly deep functionality, customer support very good and reliable

Cons

Training materials fairly random and not easy to locate. Integration with CRM software is currently absent although Thinksmart are working on it.

Alexandra from Starlight Stars Ltd

PERFECT DATABASE FOR OUR CLASSES

Dancebiz has provided us with 15 years of service. Through expansion, we now have 4 different accounts with them and couldn't run our businesses without them. Their support team are always on hand and we feel confident knowing that our clients details are safely in their hands.

Pros

All the different features and functions, especially creating and sending invoices at a touch of a button!

Cons

No real cons. There are a lot of updates but that's a positive really as it means the software just keeps improving.

Catherine from Babyballet East Herts and West Essex

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

This Software Will Change Your Life!

This software has completely changed our lives for the better! It has saved us hours and hours of admin time. The app has also saved so much time as each teacher can do their attendance through the app and it comes right to us. Also, the customer service is outstanding! Whenever we have had an issue or needed assistance, they have been right there for us.

Pros

Seamless integration Easy invoicing Outstanding customer service

Cons

Occasional bug issues BUT they are corrected as soon as they are reported

Paul from Vibe Studios

Dancebiz review

We use Dancebiz to manage our customer database, our timetable of classes, attendance history and staff hours as well. It is a good tool to manage our business

Pros

Integration with other software packages like Xero. The customer support team are excellent.

Cons

Still requires a large amount of manual data entry. Opportunity for further automation. Software still needs better and more flexible reporting.

Marcia from Fame Theatre Company

Dancebiz makes life easier

The sync to Xero application is very difficult. I work at two schools, and both are having huge difficulties with this aspect of Dancebiz. The administrative side of student records, and concert timetabling are excellent.

Pros

Ease of use in most cases. All of the staff can use the functions they need, often with no instruction.

Cons

Some of the online applications are difficult to comprehend and implement.

Siobhan from Siobhan's Dance Studios Pty Ltd

Makes Life Easier

Pros

It has made a considerable difference to the running of our Dance School. The customer support is 5 star, always very helpful and prompt to reply.

Cons

One needs to spend time to see how many different ways the software can be used in relation to the pricing structure, this entails a lot of time spent with a customer service representative to learn the details prior to launching.

Philippa from Buntingford School of Dance Ltd

Dance School

The support when you get stuck is fantastic! there is always someone on the end of the phone to help and they resolve things quickly.

Pros

I like; the invoicing functions, the register, the event planner and the fact that we can link the registration form to our website.

Cons

There is nothing which I don't like. The only thing that would perhaps help us is the opportunity to have a training course.

Shelagh from Dream Entertainment

Dancebiz for Dream Ent

I love this program and my life has become much easier since we purchased it. I love the fact that I can send emails and text messages and generate invoices.

Pros

I like the fact that I can do pretty well everything I need to run the business smoothly on this software

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, I like everything about the program.

Reasons for Choosing DanceBiz

I received a free trial at a conference and loved it

Claire from babyballet Ltd & babyballet Franchising Ltd.

Excellent!

DanceBiz are a professional and friendly team who go above and beyond with customer service and satisfaction. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend their software.

Pros

This software provides so many features, which help our Head Office business and that of our babyballet franchisees.

Cons

That is wasn't around years ago when I launched my business.

Erin from SCIPA

Dancebiz review

It saves time when sending emails and invoices so that is great

Pros

I like the event planning aspects and how it shows how your business is tracking

Cons

I find its a bit back and forwards when you need to do things and being unable to amend invoices once payments have been made when connected to xero is a bit frustrating