Browse Apify Reviews

Ladislav from audit.digital

Friendly and fast data scraping

Pros

Speed of data scraping and no technical skills required. Results are downloadable in multiple formats, and support is also great. I was able to get data i needed without developer.

Cons

I could not get complete data at first, so I needed to try multiple times. But in the end, it was solved thanks to support team.

Andrew from EventBank

Web Scraping and Web Automation that WORKS

Very happy, I am able to download data on competitors' pricing as well as to do additional research on new prospects and key accounts that I would have to do manually otherwise. I'd recommend Apify.

Pros

I use Apify's Web Scrapers almost daily. It saves me a lot of time as I don't have to manually copy paste information I need for my work. I like simplicity of it and that it JUST works. I tried different web scrapers before but they were buggy and always had some issues.

Cons

No cons I can think of, support is timely and very helpful, I feel appreciated as a customer.

Reasons for Choosing Apify

Better platform, fewer bugs, great support, great selection of scrapers.

Better product.

Arthur from Price Survey

Definitely works and it's worthy

Generally, I was super well-assisted and the system worked 99% of the time, I have experienced only one outage with the SERP Proxy service in more than 12 months using. Considering the difficulty of scraping google I understand that this is very acceptable.

Pros

The proxy feature works very good and the dashboard allows me to watch exactly how I'm spending my money. The marketplace is also very interesting although I haven't used it.

Cons

The proxy service doesn't allow me to choose the country for the requests, so the websites that have IP-related restricted access doesn't work with the Apify service.

Simon from Daltix

Great SDK for web-data extraction

It's been great working with Apify. We recently switched to it from Scrapy & haven't regret this decision at all. It's much more performant & more robust against anti-scraping.

Pros

The SDK is open-source and very easy to use in our own projects. Next to that there is solid documentation & an easy to use user-interface. We like that this software allows us to scrape in JavaScript, the language of the web, as opposed to Python.

Cons

We haven't used the fully managed solution much so not much to say about it. The SDK had some bugs that we had to make PR's for but at least we were able to do so & the team was very responsive in resolving these issues.

Reasons for Switching to Apify

We needed increased anti-scraping & performance.

Hugo from Moving Image

Industry: Information Services

Affordable and versatile webscraping platform

This is a versatile tool for webscraping which is absolutely affordable for startup businesses. I've found it particularly useful for scraping information from Instagram. If you want to use the software for scraping individual websites, then Apify also provides easy-to-understand guides for this process. Having no prior knowledge of writing code, I used these guides to put Apify's webscraper to the task at a basic level.

Pros

Customer service is excellent - Apify is always quick to respond and happy to help with queries.

Cons

The last time I checked, there were no existing actors which allowed me to scrape content published by brands on LinkedIn. For this process I used PhantomBuster instead.

Reasons for Choosing Apify

Apify has specialised programs to scrape social platforms such as Instagram, thereby saving a lot of setup on behalf of the user.

thomas from prestashop

Great service, great after-sales service

We have a great experience with the service. I made it work with only few hours of testing, and now i have extended the use of this service to other internal service in our company.

Pros

This is working pretty well. Good documentation. Lots of examples. Good blog articles.

Cons

understanding the usage credit is tedious.

Reasons for Switching to Apify

The previous software was a nightmare to make it work correctly.

Fran from Boston College

Industry: Research

Great for users at every skill level

Apify is excellent. While its aim seems to be focused on B2B, I found its tools to be the best option as an undergrad researcher. Friendly customer support at every level indicates to me that Apify not only cares about customers, but also about its employees.

Pros

Apify wins in my book based on its excellent customer support and its effective and proven actors. I am a researcher whose specialty is not programming, so having an interface that was easy to understand and work with as someone who has only passing experience with the backend was vital. The live chat was an excellent tool for me to get help from a pro when I ran into any trouble at all, too.

Cons

I did sometimes run into small hiccups based on a mismatch between my input and the scraped output. CS let me know that one specific bug I ran into would be addressed by the end of the week, but if I had to list a con, that would be it.

Reasons for Switching to Apify

My first goal was to scrape Zillow, and since Zillow has become increasingly unfriendly to scraping, I needed a better option. Apify's Zillow actor was exactly what I needed in an efficient and effective tool.

Tomáš from FLAT ZONE s.r.o.

Makes web automation a piece of cake

As a developer, I probably can't imagine a better tool that balances the power and flexibility with the ease of use. Also, taking into account the great customer support, it makes it one of the best services I have ever tried.

Pros

Apify lets you focus on developing the core functionality without the need to manage any infrastructure. The API is really awesome in that it lets you integrate with other tools easily (either directly or via tools like Zapier or Integromat). And using webhooks, you can chain actors to build even more sophisticated data pipelines.

Cons

There were a couple of moments where I couldn't find the information I was looking for in the documentation and had to find out using trial and error.

Milán from Vásárhelyi Milán ev.

Great product for web scraping

Pros

Cost-effective, easy to set up, great SDK and support

Cons

Sometimes the platform is slow to load. This can be resolved by clearing the cookies though.

Filip from Information technology and services

All in one

Great overall experience. I'm able to scrape websites and collect the data that I need.

Pros

Apify has publicly available scraping tools. It's easy to use and well integrated with other automation tools.

Cons

Nothing to complain. Everything is working smooth.

Bhanu from pathfacory

Great tool for content extraction and analysis

Pros

Great tool for content extraction and analysis

Cons

Need dashboard to cancel tasks in the queue.

Manageability and features

Provides most reliable web data

Pros

Apify is helping us extract data from many company websites and even mobile apps without having to deal with proxies, recaptchas and other web scraping issues. It has helped us to make our data more reliable and we are able to connect this data with other tools we use to automate our workflows as well.

Cons

Nothing we'd dislike, Apify's support team is available 24/7 for any questions we might have.

Tomas from Integromat

Scraping tool boosted with automations.

Scraping large amounts of data on daily basis.

Pros

The effectiveness of the software. It enables me to scrape large websites exactly like I needed. Additionally, after I was able to set up automation, I also saved a ton of time.

Cons

Nothing so far. I can only recommend the software for people who would like to try a scraping tool, or are tired of their current one.

Dhrumil from Techvasu Solutions

Apify is just amazing platform for data scraping

This was exactly missing piece of scraping industry. It has precisely all the stuffs required for scraping be it small scale or large scale. Managing infrastructure with scraping is pain and Apify makes it so easy and productive.

Pros

- Productivity - Easy to deploy and schedule - Cloud based quick launching - SDK support - NodeJS to do all the advanced stuffs available in the world - Data as API in multiple formats - Complete platform is API based and can be used to connect with other eco-systems.

Cons

- Grouping of tasks/actors should be there (Imagine account with 500 tasks) - Monitoring dashboard should be enhanced as built in feature (Imagine monitoring 500 tasks)

Easiest way to scalable scraping

Pros

Apify seems to be by far the most advanced scraping platform. They have ready-made web crawlers and we can also build our own or get a custom scraper from Apify. Their documentation is also very comprehensive and support team is responsive. It is our one-stop shop for web scraping needs. We've built several applications for our own or for clients use.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, perhaps notifications about proxies could be less annoying.

Reasons for Choosing Apify

Available integration to our platform, ease of use/setup

Best data tool ever

Pros

Apify provides me the best output when I compare to other companies. Their support is fantastic and whenever I need something related to automation or data-wise, this is the first place that I find myself in. I hope they'll continue the way they are going in.

Cons

It is a bit technical but that makes it more usable on the low level. I really like the product no matter what.

Marek from Champlist.io

Using Apify as a core tool for 2 years

Pros

Easy to use, yet superbly powerful and extensible

Cons

So far no cons, if there is anything missing Apify is so extensible I can always add it myself

Barry from MSIH LLC

Scraping Tool to Beginner to Professional

We are capturing data about different consumer offerings.

Pros

The price point is low. The documentation. Support is responsive. Management is responsive

Cons

The website does not have enough advanced examples.

Luke from iBanding

Great tool. Great support

Great. I will continue to use this software and explore where else I can utilize it.

Pros

The trial account is sufficient to get to know the too. The support through the people who make Apify work. The market place to get help from developers to set things up.

Cons

More hands on example on how to do coding yourself.

Robert from Statrys

Easy web scraping tool for marketing research

Pros

I use Apify's web crawlers for Instagram, Twitter and Reddit to monitor any mention of our company and to identify new opportunities.

Cons

It's easy to use and pretty straightforward, it works well without any bugs unlike other solutions in the market.

Pavlo from Geniusee

Apify Sottware Development Team review

Pros

Turning any information website into an API that can overcome challenges of the web and its stability

Cons

I believe that some parts can be even more automated, but its more technical matter for now

Lea from TopMonks

Apify - the ultimate partner for RPA and data extraction

Pros

Working with Apify opened the door for a new era of more effective development and data extraction and processing. As a pleasant side effect, it gave us the opportunity to reach out to broader customer audience.

Cons

Apify core devs are sometimes so agile that it makes it hard to keep track of all the new features released.

Reasons for Switching to Apify

Our custom solutions never scaled.

Ondřej from FIEDLER AMS

Great automation platform for web scraping

Overall experience is great I had mostly no issue with the platform. Sometimes I found some actors that were not working out of the box. I use the platform for my hobby projects and it works very well for my usecase.

Pros

It is easy to use, offers great SDK for easier and faster development and is easy to add to your automated workflow.

Cons

I miss some middle ground in the pricing between Free and Personal plan. I find the Personal plan too expansive and would love something like Hobby plan which would be cheaper but still offered some of the paid features.

Ariel from AnalyticsAriel

Scalable and easy to use

Pros

Ease of use to start and actor. Plenty of documentation available. Quick response times from customer support.

Cons

More transparency on current updates. For example, there was a bug in Apartments.com actor. It took several weeks to resolve. It could be easier for a user to see if other users are experiencing the same or status on the fix.

Bohdan from Impressit

Data Extraction - Easy!

The overall experience is super positive! It helps me a lot in extracting data from Google Search and Facebook!

Pros

I really liked the onboarding process. At first, it might look a little bit complicated, but I promise, after some time it's really easy to use!

Cons

I have nothing to compare with, but I believe I haven't found any downsides yet!

Within a short amount of time I was able to auto scrape needed data from different websites.

I was tired of manually copy/pasting data from websites into my database. Apifier makes it super easy to automate the process.

Pros

I was literally up and running within a few minutes. No need to learn new coding languages or skills.

Cons

Everything has to be handled via html/jquery. A visual builder would make things even easier and help prevent data errors.

Zeyn from AutoMarine Online

Ease of Functionality

The Apify team and developers were the easiest to contact and get rolling with without any issues.

Pros

Developers are readily available for complex tasks.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about software that gives you your desired results.

Because of support

Randy from Kapotel

So much better than scraping from scratch

Pros

Much cheaper and quicker than otherwise writing scrapers yourself, built for business-critical reliability and scale, marketplace for developers, facilitates proxies as needed.

Cons

UI could perhaps be modernized (i.e. dark mode?), bit of a learning curve that could be more of an obstacle to usage for some.

Kateřina from ADLER Česko s.r.o.

Industry: Chemicals

XML feed for e-shops

Pros

Functionality, variability, the possibility of planning data downloads and customer support.

Cons

It's a little difficult for me to navigate the menu.