What are Hubdoc users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Hubdoc software through verified user reviews

• icon"Amazing concept, documents in one place makes reconciliations and audits a breeze."
  • icon"Hubdoc connects easily to your bank accounts and your statements upload automatically. I love that all my receipts and statements are in one place and easily accessed."
  • icon"Love that Hubdoc fetches bank statements and bills. Importing receipts images is easy and allows mapping to be saved."
  • icon"It can be frustrating when an account won’t link and it has difficultuty reconnecting."
  • icon"So, a lot of our clients have bills that come in in U.S. dollars. It's a little bit messy with the effects moving over to Quickbooks."
  • icon"They seem to have a problem with Bank of America's security forcing our clients to log in each month and verify their identity."

Browse all Hubdoc Reviews

• Have you used Hubdoc and would like to share your experience with others?

Automated Bookkeeping... Almost

Aislinn

Entreflow Consulting Group's use of Hubdoc

Hubdoc is one of our favorite apps here at Entreflow, it's a perfect place for us to store all of our client's documentation. It's super easy for our clients once everything is set up to just take a picture of a receipt, and forward an email to the unique email address.

Pros

It has three amazing features: It fetches statements, our client statements directly from the source. So, all of their bank statements, phone bills, hydro bills, any kind of account or they'd have a regular statement, it fetches those as soon as they're released and brings them to us. They have a unique email address that they're given through Hubdoc. Anything that comes to their email; receipts for any purchases online or what have you, they can forward directly to Hubdoc and they can also set up email forwarding depending on their email service to have those automatically sent over. With the phone app they can take pictures of receipts on the fly while they're out and about and they don't have to actually categorize those expenses through the app they just to take a picture and they're done. So we're able to get all of the documentation that we're required to close their books super easily. Another stand-out feature for this app is the OCR technology; so it'll read what's on the image or the attachment that’s sent to Hubdoc, and the data that's on there, and try to categorize it as best it can. We're still involved in verifying and pushing the data. You can set up some automation in there but for the most part it reads the data quite well and it saves data entry time. So what happens with Hubdoc is once the transaction or the document comes in, the OCR is there to read the transaction level of data, you can then push the transaction over to Quickbooks Online or Xer

Cons

So, where we’d like to see some development is in the multi-currency functionality. So, a lot of our clients have bills that come in in U.S. dollars. It's a little bit messy with the effects moving over to Quickbooks.

Margaret Ana

Great value & ease of use for the money!

Overall I was very happy with the software and when I was working as an online accountant, all my clients were subscribed to it for receipt submittal. I still use it for my personal businesses. I would highly recommend it for all small businesses that accumulate a lot of receipts. Cuts down on the paperwork.

Pros

I really like how the setup is easy and the integration with QuickBooks Online is smooth. I really like the mobile app and that you can upload receipts on the fly.

Cons

I was disappointed that the program does not allow us to setup suppliers on the fly that are in a currency other than our native one (other than the one setup as the "main" one in QBO). I also would get a bit frustrated when the syncing would randomly stop for the banks (but this may not be their fault).

Reasons for switching to Hubdoc

Receipt bank was not only very costly but also was really made for the businessman/salesman that has to account for an expense report. It was ideal for that, but not so much for the regular entrepreneur.

HubDoc - Streamline Data Entry into Xero

Overall this is a good entry level solution for automating the entry of your paperwork. As Xero include it with their standard subscriptions it is very cost effective

Pros

The software integrates with Xero cloud accounting making it easy to get your invoices and receipts entered into your accounting records.

Cons

The setup is a little clunky when adding more users but once you have got your head around how to carry out the task it is fairly straight forward.

Cost

Cindy

June 2022

Now an Organized Company

We would recommend this software. It has provided organization and efficiency to the company.

Pros

This software allows our our accounting department to remain organized and to pull up a receipt that is stored in Hubdoc with ease.

Cons

We did not find any cons to this program.

Ariel

Hubdoc

Great experience, easy to use, integrates with many providers to pull documents from.

Pros

Amazing concept, documents in one place makes reconciliations and audits a breeze. Affordable partner pricing makes recommending Hubdoc to clients a no brainer.

Cons

Receipt management for company paid cards and reimbursable employee expenses is lacking. Hubdoc doesn't read the receipts to determine which card was used and automatically allocate that receipt to X employee. Employees should be able to setup Hubdoc inboxes with their own email address to send receipts to. Feeds break often so if that could be improved that would be great as well.

Reasons for choosing Hubdoc

Much easier to use, cloud based, pulls documents from sites automatically.

Jenny

March 2022

Inexpensive and does basic functions

I am used to it and so are my clients, so overall we have no current plans to change. But I wish we had the document fetching feature still.

Pros

It allows document storage and email forwarding, as well as syncing with a bookkeeping software.

Cons

It stopped downloading documents from banks and other service providers.

Reasons for choosing Hubdoc

It had the features I needed at a reasonable price.

Lissa

Industry: Furniture

Document Storage

A great first step into getting our essential documents all in one place.

Pros

We implicated this solution for our document storage problem. This was out first document storage solution. Is easy to drop files into software or email into hubdoc.

Cons

Organizing documents into folders is a bit tricky, buy can easily search for and find what you are looking for.

Reasons for choosing Hubdoc

We actual use both, 1 for storage and 1 for documents that we update.

Joseph

Hubdoc is just the perfect solution to all my bookkeeping needs, easily integrates with other tools

Bookkeeping made easy, it has changed the whole process and made it very enjoyable.

Pros

This has provided me with a nice platform where i can set up all my clients and easily pull their statements and documents at my convenience whenever need arises.

Cons

Some glitches may occasionally arise like the auto fetch connections may sometimes go down. Thanks to the support team that always come in handy to fix any such issues.

Xy

May 2022

Conveniently captures data for accounting software

Pros

- Syncs well with Xero - Provided FOC with Xero - Easy way for us to provide information to our bookkeeper/accountant - Can just take a photo and send the attachment to a Hubdoc email address and the document will be captured in the system

Cons

Once in a while, data is read incorrectly. But this is very easy to fix and not a big issue

Audrey

Great for fetching documents

They have a great fetching and integration program for documents. Their free training programs are great.

Pros

I liked that it was able to fetch the documents and statements I needed. Online cloud and customizable document storage was great. Integration with QuickBooks Online is a must.

Cons

It may seem silly, but my only real issue with this program was how I felt using it. Something about the flow and layout left me feeling kind of clumsy and awkward.

Courtney

HubDoc helps with automation

Nice and informative support staff.

Pros

The auto-fetch of statements, invoices, receipts, etc. assists greatly collecting proper documentation. Love that it's easily accessible from any mobile device with a connection. Has the capability to be fed into accounting software which streamlines processes.

Cons

Maintenance of the feeds. It seems that the feeds are constantly going down and the majority of the battle (rather than collecting documentation manually) is ensure the feeds with whichever institution is functioning properly.

Brett

Hubdoc is part of my software suite

Pros

Hubdoc is a great all-in-one expense tracking/ document collecting software solution. I set up all of my clients with this software and show them how to use it on their phones and through email. Two great features for the accountant or bookkeeper. 1) Receipt capture. No longer will you need to contact your clients to request what a particular charge is because they can simply scan the receipt at the time of purchase, or forward the digital receipt to their specific email address. The software pulls the necessary information from the receipt and pre-populates an entry to the accounting software you have synced to their Hubdoc account. 2) Connection to banks and credit card companies is super by the automatic download of statements. No longer do you have to go to each of the client's bank's websites and manually download the statements for reconciliation. Hubdoc will grab them for you.

Cons

Hubdoc will categorize an expense to push the charge as a bill/invoice or directly to a bank account into the accounting software. One negative feature is the inability to tag the bank accounts with the last four digits of the credit/debit card that was used so the Hubdoc can push directly to that bank account. At this time of publication, we have to manually add the bank account to push the expense to - also assuming you have the last four digits of the cards memorized. Which I do not.

denise

Recently purchased by Xero

Mostly positive. It is pricey but now included in the monthly cost of Xero

Pros

Fetching of popular bank statements and accounts is great - saves much time. The auto organization is also good if a bit confusing for new users

Cons

Xero just purchased this company which makes me leery of using it as a QBO user. I am considering moving to Xero now...

Fetching capability

Alexandra

Industry: Restaurants

I use HubDoc nearly daily to process invoices for my business.

Time Saving , Reduces Errors, Allows me to work remotely.

Pros

I love that I can access HubDoc wherever there is an internet connection and go through my invoices. The coding makes it so much easier and faster to get through a tedious task. I have integrated HubDoc with Xero and having both tools synced together means that I can handle 90% of the bookkeeping for my business remotely. I also really like that invoices are stored so that I can access then later and not worry about paper copies taking up space. The text recognition is pretty accurate and HubDoc learns as it goes - saving time and minimizing errors.

Cons

Sometimes HubDoc doesn't read certain fonts properly and contacts are recreated multiple times. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete duplicate contacts which clogs up the list. Occasionally, document uploads fail which can be a pain, but this seems to be fairly infrequent.

Kyle

Game Changing

Pros

Aside from the auto fetching, OCR, the App, the support team and the configuration capabilities, my favorite feature is the ability to integrate transaction level receipts directly into bookkeeping software like QuickBooks Online or Xero. The ability to drill into an transaction and see the physical source document (in seconds) is an absolute game changer! I also love that they are Canadian company.

Cons

Sometimes the auto fetch connections go down, but the support team fixes the issue as fast as possible. I would also appreciate SAML based SSO in the future.

Krystle

Needs to update their banking compatibility

Pros

Great tool-- from what I know, this is the only provider that does what Hubdoc does. I love all the features and tools available that are offered.

Cons

My main problem with Hubdoc is that the banks and credit cards that our client's use (we have over 50 clients) are not all compatible with Hubdoc. OR the feed will break continuously. We will usually need to contact our client to re-enter their credentials to get the feed back up and running (which seems to happen frequently) OR we have to work around the error if the bank isn't syncing at all.

Christine

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Bookkeeping necessity

Hubdoc is a perfect example of work smarter not harder. Saves time and money when it comes to the data entry.

Pros

I love the ease of use and time that it saves me in entering receipts, bills and invoices.

Cons

I noticed when I downloaded a receipt and saved it into files on my computer the system would reload to a page and I wouldn't be able to figure out how to get back to the the regular menu without having to log out and back in.

Simple Inexpensive OCR Solution for Document Intake

Our financial data entry used to be extremely manual - too much manual entry. We eliminated 75% of our data entry in this area, which in turn was a huge result in business efficiency. We also reduced our paper printing by about 90pc; decreased turnaround time for vendor payments, and increased the accuracy of our books.

Pros

Very simple interface - one screen to get all your work done. It processes documents quite fast and does the job well.

Cons

Mobile app is limited with some of the features, not all of the web-based features translate across to the mobile app.

Reasons for choosing Hubdoc

It came as part of the service package offered by a new bookkeeping firm.

Travis

Perfect for getting all your receipts online

Hubdocs is a really great way to store information in a format that makes it easy to find. No more shoe boxes or receipts!

Pros

Great bit of software that is easy to use and easy to teach clients how to use. Keeps all my receipts organised and easy to track back to source documents.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this software. Xero now included it for free in their basic package.

Automated Bookkeeping... Almost

Generally happy with the product and I recommend it to my clients

Pros

Ease of sending invoices / receipts via multiple options. Fetching of bank and supplier statements. Fetches bank statements in .csv which is great for manual importing into Xero Ledger. Fast and helpful tech support.

Cons

Usually needs some user input to push transactions to Xero correctly.

A great addition to automated accounting workflow

Pros

Hubdoc, for me, functions best as an addon to Xero (or QBO) and Bill.com. I have bills forwarded from an email address into Hubdoc where I can code and push to the accounting software and bill.com. The biggest benefit is that the software automatically codes and stores invoices, based on rules or prior invoices. A simple sync pushes the bill to Xero with correct coding, along with a PDF. It also pushes to Bill.com to easily be paid. For the money, it is absolutely worth using.

Cons

There are a couple of minor issues that are not even worth mentioning here. Please note that I don't use the software to directly link with websites, since the selection is fairly limited. I push all documents to Hubdoc for processing.

Doug

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Hubdoc has changed the way we store paperwork!

Hubdoc is fully integrated so you can also share info with your accountant which makes expense & report management a breeze.

Pros

It works seamlessly with email and with multiple vendors. It has been very easy to add new vendors we work with as well as setup ways for us to automate a lot of invoices we receive. Now I can easily go in and quickly find documents that I used to worry about where they were located or how I would find them. I have had no issues thus far and the support team has been very helpful in adding new vendors I work with.

Great tool for automatically pulling, scanning, and inputting simple invoices and keeping records.

Scanning and storing of receipts, statements, and invoices and an auto-push into QuickBooks Online with an attachment of the document.

Pros

The auto-pull of statements, invoices, and receipts is nice, but the better features are the automatic scanning of simple (and I stress simple) invoices when they are pulled or emailed to your Hubdoc email address. These can then automatically be fed into your accounting software, which makes AP really easy.

Cons

The learning curve is a little higher than other programs. The training at the outset of using the program (the Hubdoc University, or their variant of this type of tool) was too basic. At the end of the training I knew which functions existed, but had very little idea how to make them work. Expect to spend a few weeks really getting to know the program, but once you get it down it is extremely useful.

Jacky

Hubdocs is a great tool for managing your company's documents and payables

Useful tool in catch up projects to obtain pdf and csv files of bank and credit card statements Cheque images and e-transfer details make reconciliation easy and perfect for backing up work

Pros

E transfers and cheque images information for bank accounts to make bank reconciliation easier Paypal statements and transaction for keeping track of payments and transfers Powerful search function

Cons

Feed breaks down too frequently Data recognition is not too strong in the publishing tool as manual entry still required Too many failed files/images

4.17/5 out of 71 reviews