All Stackby Reviews

Lucas

Religious Institutions, 11 - 50 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed January 2024

Like Google Sheets but Prettier!

Tarunabh

Motion Pictures and Film, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2020

Was looking for a business/project/task management tool. Got much more than that!

During my first trial run of the software, I was a little apprehensive, seeing so many diverse functions and features. But the customer support is fabulous, led by the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] himself. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] makes it a point to reach out personally to his customers and help ease the process of using Stackby. So that's a crucial factor, besides the quality of the software, that helped me decide and choose Stackby for all my future use cases.

PROS

It has all the features of an excel sheet and database records,but with much more easier usage and practical implementation, and the API integration is a special feature that I really love. I can integrate detailed statistics and information from my Youtube channel into Stackby, as well as keep track of my competitors' video data. If the table view looks too complex, we can always change to a Kanban board or even a gallery style view - for my design assets (Thumbnail previews). One of my favorite features is that I have the option to choose from multiple options and assign functions to each column, and then duplicate, sway, export to another stack/base and so on. The possibilities are almost endless, and I see huge potential in this software! Another feature I love, and am going to use a lot in the future, is the forms - that can be used to collect data from target audience/clients and can also be shared as an independent URLs, with it's own landing page and redirect functions, besides embedding in websites and links. In fact, any part of Stackby can be integrated with my website by embedding, which is really cool. Besides Zapier, Stackby has integrations with a lot of software and apps, including automation with 'Integrately', that I personally own.

CONS

Stackby does have a steep learning curve, when it comes to a newbie like me. But once I able to grasp all the key functions, this will be an invaluable tool in my collection! Hardly much to complain!

Jasmine

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

Stackby is great

So I've been researching different project/task management software as business is just wild right now. The app I was previously using simply doesn't have the functionality to hold up, and I tried Stackby and Airtable. While Airtable is an institution, Stackby is just as good in nearly every way, offering plenty of functions and customization, easy to learn to use, and great to keep up with. There's a few things that I want it to do that it's not doing yet, but I'm not sure whether that's because the program doesn't have the capability or because I simply haven't found it yet.

PROS

ease of use, functionality, feel of dashboard

CONS

still some features that I want and it doesn't have (or I can't find)

Reason for choosing Stackby

I'm not entirely sure I have yet. I still am toying with Airtable as well. Airtable has a few functions I'm looking for that Stackby doesn't seem to, but I generally prefer a lot of other things from Stackby, so I'm still exploring the full functionality so that I don't miss anything.

Reasons for switching to Stackby

Monday was great, but it just didn't have the functionality I needed.

Reviewed June 2021

Stack By

PROS

Ease of Usage on APP and Web as well, Availibilty of Templates

CONS

Unavailability of Tagging, Reminder Settings, Vlook up, H lookup, and Calendar blocking unavailable

Reliable and Cost friendly

Robert

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2023

Flexible, multifunction business tool

As an Airtable user, I was glad to see an available alternative. Stackby has ticked the boxes and exceeded my expectations. They also continue to grow and improve the service, making it even more appealing and valuable. Support has also been responsive and consistent. I highly recommend Stackby if you are looking for a well-rounded, highly customizable solution for just about any data-driven task you need to perform.

PROS

Easy to use, fully featured, growing list of templates, great support

CONS

During early development, there were some missing features. But these have been added over the years. Can't think of anything missing at this time.

Reason for choosing Stackby

Feature parity, pricing and added functionality

Thanks a lot for the review, Robert! Appreciate it. Hope you can become more successful with your workflows in Stackby.

Replied March 2023

Ilan

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Loving this SaaS!

PROS

We've found uses for this product in almost every aspect of our marketing company. Content, Design, SEO, SMM, everyone uses their own boards on stackby.

CONS

I'd love to be able to bring our own APIs to the tables, but this isnt released yet. Its on the roadmap though.

Reasons for switching to Stackby

Price, built in API columns, and the integrity of the StackBy team.

Thanks Ilan for the review. Constantly striving to be better.

Rob

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2020

How has this not existed before???

Stackby is easy to use, easy to set-up and customize. I hated (and i mean HATED) using excel. I found it a pain and for number crunchers. I use Stackby to track projects, tasks, meeting details, and other things. It's great for organizing everything. The cool parts are: 1. So easy to create 'stacks' 2. You can upload docs/images into the stacks or easily put urls Now if you're reading this, you may say 'oh I can do this in excel' - yes you can, and you can also climb a volcano, but who would want to? Both are painful experiences. Stackby also has cool pre-done templates for you. I'm so happy I found this software. Bravo guys and gals! Great work!!!!

PROS

1. Ease of use 2. Extremely intuitive and easy to figure out (hence point #1) 3. Comes with already designed formats/templates 4. Great online support/videos 5. I used it and said to myself 'WHY HAS NO ONE INVENTED THIS BEFORE' 6. Love that I can share a stack via url, or download it as a .csv

CONS

Nothing. Seriously. Nothing I had no issues using it, or any problems thus far. Again, it's quite user friendly.

Reasons for switching to Stackby

Excel gives me nightmares. Everything is so many steps. I write something, and want it to be justified, good god, let me google how to do this etc. This was just so easy and a breath of fresh air.

Mike

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2020

Well on it's way to being very robust!

I've been able to move to a much more robust tracking system that is far more data-rich and easier to update and maintain than using Excel. I'm a former Fieldbook user and after they shut down I was pleased to find Stackby (which seems to be even more robust than Fieldbook was).

PROS

Stackby is a cloud-based solution that enables me to have a database that functions like a spreadsheet. It's easy to use and feature-rich (with more features being added regularly). I've found it easy to use and very handy.

CONS

Some features are still in beta because Stackby is still being rapidly improved (which is actually a good thing). I feel some workflows could (and probably will) be improved and some features may be missing that some need or want. Also, it would be great if my data could be synced to an app so I don't have to rely on cloud storage only (that limits my ability to use it when I'm not online).

Reasons for switching to Stackby

For our data-management needs, Stackby is much more feature-rich than relying on a spreadsheet.

Thanks Mike for the review. I'm glad you could move over your work from Excel to Stackby. We're constantly improving, please reach out to us on support with new features you'd like to see. Will definitely take into account.

Johan

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Better Alternative than Airtable

Stackby made my live way easier. I save a huge amount of time. It is worth the money!

PROS

I love the automation functions and the templates.

CONS

I don't like the logo on their table in the footer. But apart from that, the team is doing great!

Interface, UI

Easy of use, support of the team, Financial API

Marcin

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

I'm impressed

i'm using it for my social media planer, and i'm builing CRM on this :)

PROS

Good support, and they got many integration with other systems.

CONS

It's lagging, "functions" still need to be more developed.

Reason for choosing Stackby

cost and roadmap with future options

Reasons for switching to Stackby

it's cheeper and got more option to integrate.

Li

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2022

Sole Trader

PROS

I am currently reviewing different apps to kick start my sole trader business. Among all the apps I have used, Stackby is one of the most intuitive ones for starters. Furthermore, its built-in integrations hold so much more potential to be more than just another cloud spreadsheet database and yet it is still adding new features.

CONS

I'd like to see more plans or add-on options to allow small startups and beginners like myself to slowly expand and grow my database with my business. Also it will be good if data among different stacks can be accessed and shared for more flexible data management.

Reason for choosing Stackby

The built-in integration option holds more flexibility and potential for future expansion.

Reasons for switching to Stackby

I needed a more flexible tool to act more than just a database to help me organize my startup business.

Manuel

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Impressive tool

PROS

The app is so impressive that I don't know where to start. But I would highlight the ability to create spreadsheets similar to Excel which at the same time are databases. The data contained in these tables/databases can be integrated with other apps to execute even complex cross-app workflows.

CONS

The app has a learning curve, which they been trying to address by creating "how to" videos and good documentation, and by giving very good customer service. Nevertheless, the app does have a little bit of a learning curve if you want to take full advantage of it. Another con is that it can be a little pricey in the longrun. The price increases the more you want to integrate with other apps, and the more rows you want to have in a spreadsheet. And the last con is that they need more native integrations (you can integrate to many apps via Zapier, but Zapier is expensive to be honest). With more native integrations, the Stackby team would make life easier for a bunch of us.

Thanks Manuel for the review. Yes we are creating more videos and improving our help center documentation. You will see more use-cases on our video channels. Please make sure to follow our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5XY51XAQArYvQiw8XKUd3A Will also take into account more native integrations. We're adding few of them every week and also have Integromat coming very soon.

Enginder

Printing, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

Excelsheets on Steriods

I use this tool on a daily basis to keep a track of a number of things like 1. my merch designs and where uploaded 2. software i have bought online, offline, imaging software, subscriptions ..etc 3. courses and training materials 4. important youtube videos 5. websites 6. social media...etc It is easy to use great at keeping viewing my data in different ways. Sometimes seeing data not just in a grid format like excelsheets but seeing it maybe in a kanban mode makes more sense.

PROS

Prior to using this software i was managing everything via excel sheets. Over time i had a number sheets all over the place and it was getting very difficult to manage and find the information i was looking for. With this software everything is in one place, easily organised into stacks. Than i create the layout i want and view the data in several different ways which is fantastic. It is so simple and easy to use. I can also export my data to excelsheets and import from excelsheets

CONS

i would like to see more choice in icons and colours i can use and integration to merch by amazon, etsy or redbubble

Reason for choosing Stackby

Both products had similar features and work in the same way 3 reasons 1. amazing support 2. much more cost effective 3. the future plans they have for this software

Deb

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2021

The app I've been waiting for

I needed a way to keep track of my clients, leads, networking contacts in a way that worked for me. I didn't like any of the CRMs I tried. With Stackby I built my own with exactly what I needed. I also am using to manage my podcast and social media content planning. I started using it to organize some of my research too.

PROS

It finally solves my data management challenges. I can create exactly the database I need without a steep learning curve.

CONS

There is so much it can do, it'll take a while to learn some of the fancier features.

Andre

Higher Education, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2021

No Brainer

PROS

such a step up from excel style database

CONS

it may take a split second to load multiple views

pricing

Prashant

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2020

A One Stop Solution For Everything

Overall it has proven to be an amazing product. Totally worth the purchase. Managing Video Production, We often have to work with huge teams of freelancers and artists at every level. Stackby makes it easier to track and manage everything. The API link helps you automatically track the performance of your videos. If you produce/market videos, I recommend using Stackby over all the tools available. 10/10 product.

PROS

API Links: The automation added by linking the data to API helped me eliminate the hectic and menial task of updating my records with the latest information. This is something I could never do with some of the other tools. I simply link my youtube uploads with the API and I NEVER have to update the views, likes, comments etc. And if at any time I change the title or description. It immediately reflects in my data at Stackby.

CONS

I hope the developers at Stackby soon add the ability to see the data in Charts and Figures.

Jock

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2020

This is a time saver, organizer and collaborator all in one.

I think the support is what makes any product good and Rachet is beyond good.

PROS

I am still learning it but this is one piece of software you will not want to miss. You think you don't need it and then when you use it, you wonder why you never had it a long time ago. There's so many use cases with this.

CONS

There's a learning curve and i am still on that curve.

Reason for choosing Stackby

integrations and themes and support

Eugen

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Great Business Tool

Very good experience, great support offered every time I needed.

PROS

I use it as a CRM for my business. I like it is very easy to set up and use and because of its integrations.

CONS

I like it as it is, I do not have aspects I do not like.

Simplicity.