Denticon Reviews

4.76 / 5 (76)

Our advisors have recommended this product 19 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "User friendly, convenient, and cost effective."

• "Nicely integrated; billing, management, clinical. Staff all find it easy to use. "

• "Access from anywhere. Easy to use. Multiple office use is a bonus. Saves all patients information without backups. "

• Cons

• "Learning curve at the beginning was a bit rough but their onboarding team was incredible"

• "I didn't have any problems with the software other than sometimes when we couldn't figure something out we would submit a ticket and have to wait for a return call."

• "The interface is not as modern and slick as some others, but that is purely cosmetic."

Browse Denticon Reviews

Cheryl from Joy Jay Inc.

Best Dental Practice Software

Great team, great tech support. Great value for your money. Great software!

Pros

I love the quick technical support that comes with this software. The tech team is what sold me on this software. The software can grow with your practice and the cloud technology is the best. Very stable and very quick to upload any of your data. Denticon has put a lot of work into this software and their servers. Hands down it is the best. I like not having to be on the phone because of software issues or server problems and be cause it is Denticon I don't have to. Denticon has given our office the greatest freedom because it is in the cloud. I have access to it from out of the office to work with the dentist at his office location and that frees up my time! Being a co-owner of the practice I can do all of my work outside of the office and that also give the dentist the freedom to see things at his convenience and not have to run to the office to look at his schedule or patients information. It is by far the best software and technical support team you can have!

Cons

This software is so stable that I don't have to worry about it.

Reasons for Choosing Denticon

I moved my data from the first cloud software team to Denticon because of the unstable software and servers being to slow. I have not looked back be cause my choice in Denticon has made our office run with great stability and smoothness. It is a great software!

DOUGLAS from Rivereast Dental Group, PLLC

Big help for our small office.

Has become a vital tool to our practice. Helps us keep up in the arena with much bigger competitors.

Pros

Cons

Initially clinical graphics were not too impressive -- but newer/upgraded graphics are great.

Reasons for Choosing Denticon

Tried Denticon in their "sandbox", and it seemed useful and straightforward. They also had a good long history, track-record in "cloud-based" software.

December 2015

Cheryl from Joy Jay Inc.

December 2015

Out With the Old In With The New!

Out With the Old In With The New! How would you like to say that in 2016? Ditch the servers in the front office and go flying away with lighting speed technology! When our office wanted to purchase dental software we tried to find the best match for our office. Let me say first you should always stick with a team that does only that. Dental technology should be coming straight from companies who have been in the technology field for a long time. This includes cloud technology. If I want to buy toothbrushes I will go thru a dental supply company, not so with front office technology. We love the freedom that Denticon has given us. I went with Denticon and they do the rest when it comes to updating their software to keep up with the technology that changes from day to day. Stability is everything and Denticon is number one when it comes to giving our office state of the art cloud technology. You don't have to do a thing but keep on working with your patients and inputting the claims thru. The whole staff from the sales team all the way thru to the technology team is there to far exceed what ever your office needs. We love the flexibility of this software as well. If you get an emergency call at home, the dentist can talk to the patient, look at their schedule and give the patient a time to come in to the office before they get off the phone. If it snows outside and the office is closed I can just pull up the schedule from Denticon, call our patients and reschedule them. Denticon can give the dentist the edge in running their office by the reports generated by the software within seconds. Reports that can help in micro managing anything from how many patients have a certain insurance, how many different procedures where done in a office, how many outstanding insurance claims have not come in, etc, etc, etc. Denticon is a software that your office will never be able to out grow. Denticon's software is incredible when it comes to stability and flexibility. I know longer have to keep looking for dental software in the future. They have far exceed my expectations of a software and technology team! They are like family to us and we count it a fun and rewarding experience to have them working as a team with our office. Stability is the key to cloud based dental software and they have stability that can help any office to be more productive! . Cheryl Long owner of Joy Jay Inc.

David from Ismile of Bountiful

Don't be fool by the other reviews

If you believe the other false reviews and buy Denticon and hate it, I'm sorry you should have listened to this review. Hopefully as Denticon evolves it will be worthy of the high ratings it has received but that day has not arrived. Thanks

Pros

For some situations you have to have a cloud base software. It is nice to be able to log on from your home computer or use your phone to bring up Denticon.

Cons

Denticon is not user friendly. I've use Easy Dental, Open dental, and Denticon in both fix location and in a mobile dental setting. Almost every thing you do on Denticon requires an extra button to push and takes longer than the other two softwares I've encountered. I have never met anyone that has used Denticon say they liked Denticon, no one.

Christopher from Christopher Kurimoto DDS Inc

A great, reliable dental software

I utilize Denticon daily to run my practice. From daily reports to statements, it is a solid product, especially for the price point. Easily navigable screens. Training videos are an added plus.

Pros

I like how user-friendly the software is. If there is something that you need help with, one of the videos can often resolve the problem. If not, it is easy to submit a ticket, which will be answered quite promptly. I also really like the capability of being able to log on from any location, even from my smartphone, using Chrome.

Cons

I'm not an experienced billing specialist, but I did notice when I was posting payments that there are some quirky auto-adjustments that occur. It seems a little complicated and counterintuitive, but it's a minor issue that an experienced biller would be able to either utilize or circumvent.

Reasons for Choosing Denticon

Price and familiarity. I had previously used Denticon in another dentist's practice that I worked at.

Virginia from Virginia L McMillan DDS PC

A very comprehensive package

I've always had good experience with Denticon product and staff.

Pros

I have appreciated the breadth of information this software gathers and the ease in asking for information to do analyses. The help staff have been very timely in responding to questions and finding answers for us.

Cons

The software is so comprehensive I feel sometimes I cannot wrap my head around what is included. I purchase this each month but I need to spend concentrated time to teach myself details about a question I have. Maybe being left behind? Or in other words, maybe having a overview video instead of a specific webinar topic available to the dentists who want to do specific analyses. The monthly cost for this software is at the upper limit of my preferred budget amount, but there does not seem to be an equivalent service anywhere that will match performance.

Sandy from ConfiDent LLC

denticon for a non-experienced user

i honestly like denticon but it is second in my heart to dentrix only because tx planning on the mouth chart is a tiny bit easier to do in that aspect. but in denticon i usually tx plan in the tx plan tab not the chart which does make it easier to accomplish i also really like that its easy to plan out the tx plan stages with just clicking and editing. i also like that NP charts are easy to edit when its within families, and ins can just be like transfered over. its an easy to use software if one tames the time to play around with it

Pros

i like that denticon is very laid out (open formatted rather than closed menus) and has options for every menu/chart. im a receptionist and i really like that scheduling is very easy to set up and its effective in communication (the tile meanings) and that even charting (sometimes although rarely I'm called to asst.) is easy to understand pretty quickly

Cons

that sometimes when i copy paste appts. it messes my screen up and i have to do it over. or that like if i wanna filter patient scanned notes it doesnt filter each individual tab (thats like an addtional selection which is fine)

John from Cork Dental

Easy Dental Practice Software

Excellent.

Pros

Ease of use and access remotely from office and when abroad.

Cons

Maybe it has a little too much features.

Reasons for Choosing Denticon

Remote access and advice from a USA based colleague who rated it highly.

kristina from Kristina wiley, dds

Faithful to Denticon

Its been great

Pros

The ease of use. I was one of the beta users in the early days, and when I felt something needed changing, we would call and the staff at Denticon. Would make the adjustments.

Cons

The cost increases. Its too bad that early adopters arent grandfathered in to a fixed price. This would also encourage dentists to stay with you, because if they left, they would lose their price.

My brothers recommendation

Edna from Avie Oral Surgery Group

To everyone I meet

We target a certain daily weekly and monthly production and it helps so much to know our numbers so we know what to market to referring offices, and where we can improve

Pros

I talk about denticon to every single dentist I meet. Unsolicited advice for sure but I cannot praise it enough. It makes the clinical aspect but more importantly the business aspect so darn easy! I love how easy it is to use and stay on top of our daily weekly and monthly goals

Reasons for Choosing Denticon

The business aspect was just too good and the fact that it was cloud based was fantastic.

Dr. from DT Dental

Best cloud software on the market

I've used Curve, Eaglesoft, Dentrix, Open Dental, and researched and almost switched to Debtrix Ascend. Denticon is the least "Beta" of all the cloud/web based softwares. Don't be fooled by the archaic GUI interface, it definitely has more of the nuts and bolts of what is needed for managing the data needs of a dental office. I give a 4 out of 5 stars because it still needs some improvement. Training on how to get the most out of the software could be improved. I think they should provide a weekend course for all office managers/staff in order to ensure that users are using it properly and getting the most out of it. They are making improvements continuously which is great!

Pros

Web Based.

Cons

Sometimes slow server on there end. No as intuitive as I would hope. Some significant features can overlooked easily. Wish we had more one on one training rather than just videos on there help portal. User guide should be more up to date.

Douglas from Rivereast Dental Group, PLLC

So glad we made the switch!

It's a very useful tool that let's us function at a much higher level than a small office such as ours otherwise could.

Pros

We'd been longtime Dentrix users prior to this -- leaving that behind and switching to Denticon was by far one of the most significantly beneficial changes we've ever made to our office operations. We would never even consider going back. We have found so many benefits and unexpected synergies in using Denticon -- and it seems like we're always discovering a few more. We are sure that it has been a genuine competitive advantage for us -- making it possible for us to keep-up and even excel in today's rapidly-evolving dental practice arena.

Cons

Sometimes I think less opening of new windows, less clicking through steps might be appreciated (but I understand that a lot of that is due to necessary tracking/documentation for security and accountability).

Justin from HENRY The Dentist

Denticon is the ideal solution for both the dental professional, and business owner

Pros

Extremely robust software, cloud-based (accessible anywhere anytime), has a deep set of tools for providers, administrators, and online tools for patients. Amazing team support, responsive to requests and friendly. We're a fully paperless office, and we couldn't have done it without Denticon. They're continually responding to customer suggestions and adding new features, and the core product meets all of our needs and more. I also like how well integrated they are with other software (imaging, communications, payment processing, insurance billing, etc). Denticon has a Virtual Business Support service that supports pre-authorizations, claims, and other insurance or other needs (for very reasonable prices).

Cons

So robust that it takes a lot of time to learn. Plan for ample training time upfront with office admin and provider team. There's a comprehensive Help portal, and training, but plan to spend time to get a comprehensive understanding of all the software components. But it's worth it....

Mary from Central Dental

Intuitive and Efficient Web Based system

We have been on Denticon for 10+ years and have been able to see many of the beneficial enhancements that they have put out. They have been incredibly thoughtful and considerate of their clients throughout their development. We have converted offices from Eaglesoft, Softdent, and Dentrix. All conversions went incredibly smooth and staff transitioned very well.

Pros

Ease of navigation, reporting, conversion process, internal analytics, task managers for staff, and support. The system is web/cloud based so are able to access our information and imaging from anywhere. This is exceptionally helpful for our central billing office.

Cons

With any patient system, it is imperative to make sure to take the time on the front end in order to get the optimal end results and reporting. This is not a con but something that anyone looking to convert any system would need to be mindful of.

Lissa from SOH Dental

Denticon user

I've had Denticon at my practice for 5 years and have been mostly satisfied.

Pros

What I like most about Denticon is that it's cloud based. Since I have two locations I am easily able to log in from anywhere and work. Another great feature are the updates and improvements within the system.

Cons

One of the least favorite features would be the lack of detailed reports. While Denticon has several, there are some reports that could be improved or added. Denticon is not always compatible with other systems including our x-ray system EasyDent, we were under the impression that a bridge would link the two programs but was not so we have to open each program separately. One of our most recent obstacle is Denticon not being compatible with Solution Reach which is a patient relationship management program.

Pauline from Drach Dental Associates

Denticon software review

I really love identical software - When we opened our first dental office 5 years ago, I researched a lot of software. Before even becoming a customer, I was able to go and get a test account online and try it out! At the time (5 years ago )many of the big names did not have a way to check or use the software via the internet. Denticon is cloud based and I can check whatever I need to from anywhere. Easy to use, easy to train on and great when you add or close offices! I 've trained other dental offices on other software and the programs are not as user-friendly! I thought this was one of the best software programs on the market and still think that way today! I would highly recommend it!

Pros

Easy to use and train on. Cloud based. Scaleable. Good reports

Cons

That when you update an address you have to update it then save it and then go back and do it again hitting the update key. Doesn't have a patient confirmation feature built in.

Natalie from Sunrise Dental

Dental software

Pros

Being able to have patients book and pay online; on a cloud

Cons

Training new people on it; cant call people for help. Instead you have to submit a ticket

Virginia from Virginia McMillan DDS

Denticon (Planet DDS)

This software program for my dental practice has been foundational for keeping the patient records and financial records straightforward. The clinical notes section has more detail options than I presently use. The scheduling section is extremely helpful for tracking, planning and can be easily customized. Denticon webinars have been very helpful for explaining new and deeper aspects to the software. I have not had to hire 'trainers' like other dental practice software companies provide: Everything is available through the help portal. I'm very satisfied.

Pros

Very helpful staff for bringing existing patient records onto this platform. Great Help portal.

Cons

I wish there were more videos to help explain how 'deep' some of the functions of the software go, so I know how much more I'm not using.

CLEMONT from smilehelper

AWESOME SOLUTION FOR MULTI LOCATION PRACTICES

WE HAVE USED IT FOR 5 YEARS IN MULTIPLE LOCATIONS. IT IS FLEXIBLE AND CAN BE USED NUMEROUS WAYS TO FIT HOW YOU DO THINGS.

Pros

easy to set up, no software issues to manage

Cons

graphics are not as good as other programs, some features are in strange locations and customizing different features can be a pain because trying to find the right screen to change things can be a pain.

November 2015

Orest from Bauer Dental Arts

November 2015

Solo practice startup with Denticon

Cloud based, no servers necessary other than a Network Attached Storage (NAS) drive for my xrays which cost $250. The software is designed for enterprise/large/multiple office practices, therefore it is supremely over engineered for a standard 1-3 doc practice. Denticon is like Dentrix but in the cloud. Denticon has also been around for over 10 years and is a solid company. Things I like: 1. Scheduler shows procedures for the appointment and includes the tooth/surface, unlike other PMS 2. Quick batch entry of EOBs and payments 3. Integrates with Lighthouse 360 well 4. Copies of xrays taken in the office are copied to the cloud via Dentiray, I can view xrays remotely on my iPhone or at home, no need to remote in to my office 5. Denticon does not break: there is never a software update gone bad to worry about, there is never a hardware issue, if there is an internet problem Denticon mirrors your data at multiple data centers across the US 6. Virtual Business Services aka outsourced insurance and aging support: To check and verify/enter insurance plans there is a button on the appointment that sends the patient's insurance info to a Denticon agent in the US who then will verify and enter all the necessary insurance info into the patient file. No one offers that. 7. Realtime eligibility: A button you press in the patient's file that connects with the insurance carrier and gives you an immediate eligibility and benefits remaining report 8. Built in time clock for staff. No other cloud PMS that I looked at offers this. 9. Easy to add new users, new locations/practices Since new ownership software updates have been more frequent but sometimes buggy. Denticon does not have the same grassroots user base interaction/support that is inherent in systems like Dentrix, Open Dental or Eaglesoft because their market penetration is geared towards multiple office/DSO customers.

Ashkan from Marconi Dental Group

August 2016

It does not need to be complicated!

I have been using this software for the last 7 years and I wish I knew about it sooner in my career. I spent many hours prior to switching to Denticon worrying about my back up mechanism and paying for updates. I like the fact that all updates are automatic and that I have a say in what I want the software to do for my practice.

Pros

In could service.... No worries about backup. Accessible from anywhere that internet is available.

Cons

3rd party companies do not integrate into Denticon as readily as some other major names on the market. It can be done, but it takes a bit of time usually. Most third party companies write their software for major brand names.

Sarah from Patricia A. Shipman, DMD, PA

Great All-Around Software, Constantly Improving

We've been using Denticon since 2007 after switching from Kodak Practice Works. We've been very happy with the existing features, as well as the new features that have been introduced over time. We've been able to remove routing slips and paper charts from our day-to-day practice with this software. We've also been able to seamlessly integrate our digital x-ray software and our payment processing, as well as our electronic claims submission. When we have experienced issues interacting with the software, the PlanetDDS team is always quick to respond. We've also offered a few feature suggestions over the years, and all of them have been implemented. Overall, we're very pleased with the software, and would recommend it to any dental practice.

Monica from Rifle Dental Care

Great PM Software

We've used Denticon for six years, and will continue to do so. The interface, while aesthetically utilitarian, is logical, functional and easy to navigate. The learning curve is very quick for new employees, which is of tremendous value. Most important of all is the prompt, friendly, knowledgeable support. They have the best support team we've ever worked with.

Pros

The Support Team is outstanding. New features and updates are seamless and useful. Great image handling via Apteryx bridge.

Liz from Dr. Kristina wiley

Denticon is wonderful

Denticon is a wonderful secure online dental program. We completely appreciate that we have full access to our patient's records at all times from any place. The ease of the program and the constant upgrading of the site that is provided is so beneficial. Denticon has the best customer service and they are always welcoming to our suggestions and opinions.

Pros

The flows and eases of the program. The constant upgrading and that they listen to their customer's thoughts and suggestions.

Cons

The slowness of speed can be frustrating at times along with the delay (waiting for Denticon to respond)

Lynne from Commonwealth Mobile Dentistry, Inc.

Denticon review

We have been using Denticon software for years. It's flexibility is refreshing, ease of use is greatly appreciated and if ever we have any questions, technical support response is both rapid and thorough. We have been extremely pleased and recommend it to anyone who is overpaying for software that cannot accommodate a practice in the many ways that Denticon can accommodate a practice. The software has far exceeded my expectations and we have been using Denticon for over eight years. Their staff is professional and one of the best I have ever encountered.

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, tech support

Cons

small screen shot

Lisa from Visiting Ancillary Services, Inc

Denticon is a fantastic product! Very satisfied customer!

Very user friendly, easy for new staff to learn with the integrated knowledge base and training videos- accommodates different learning styles. We are a growing mobile dental company with over 70 offices and Denticon fits our needs to a "T" with the many schedules and reports we run daily, monthly and yearly. The customer service, support and sales departments are always friendly and willing to go that extra mile to help. We have grown and gone through changes over the last 6 years and I couldn't imaging using a different vendor! Happy with the continued upgrades as well!

Pros

user friendly, regular upgrades

Sapna from Alton Implant Center

Its easy to use

its easy to learn. I wish it had more interactive capability to click from reports to patients to work on reports easily. Customer support can be better. some time we want to talk to a person to solve the problem instead of opening a trouble shooting ticket, but it is not possible. For the amount we pay per month, we wanted more in person customer support.

Pros

easy to use and learn

Cons

reports are not workable Customer support for software is only available through online trouble ticketing. we pay $ a month and will like to see more in person support

clemont from Rayven Lab

I LIKE THE FLEXIBILITY OF DENTICON, IT WORKS WITH DIFFERENT OFFICES TO MEET THE WAY YOU WORK

Pros

FLEXIBILITY DIFFERENT WAYS TO DO DIFFERENT THINGS. LOVE HOW IT WORKS WITH MULTIPLE OFFICES, AND I LOVE THAT I AM NOT SPENDING A BUNCH OF TIME ON NETWORK AND SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE. NO BACKUPS. SUPER EASY AND LOW MAINTENANCE.

Cons

SOME FUNCTIONS ARE HARD TO LOCATE OR COUNTER INTUITIVE. INSURANCE MANAGEMENT IS A LITTLE CLUNKY. WOULD LIKE MORE FLEXIBILITY WITH REPORTS. WITH OTHER SOFTWARE I COULD QUERY THE DATABASE AND PULL SPECIFIC DATA OUT.

Joy from Kimball & Beecher Family Dentistry

The ONLY multi-office software needed!

As our company continues to grow, so does the need for our practice management software. Luckily, the developers at PlanetDDS understand this and are more than willing to accommodate our personal requests to have the software "work" for us. Better communication, better features, more bells and whistles each time they release a new version. Way to stay ahead of the average competition!

Pros

Accessed anywhere in the world! Multiple locations!

Cons

Needing to click on the "refresh" button to update our schedule.

Nancy from nancy aharon dds

very helpful customer service

ease of use

Pros

Lots of well thought out features, reports well thought out for ease of use! Wish the data could be manipulated like spreadsheets for ease of use.

Cons

interface between this company and credit card company didnt go smoothly. The credit card company blamed me for not entering accounts properly. Patients were charged twice in one month and neither company as willing to help smooth it out. I lost patients because of this problem

Sarah from Dr. Lim Dental

EFFICIENT & RELIABLE

Our office has been with Denticon since the end of 2012. Their software is efficient and is backed-up by wonderful, knowledgeable, friendly support team. They integrate with companies who also gives great service like them. No contract, cloud-based, reliable service, fast support...what else can we ask for more?

Pros

Everthing I said. Great software, cloud-based, integrates with efficient companies, and most of all, their efficient & friendly support team.

Cons

I think the software can have better fonts & looks.

Natalie from Access Health Dental

Best dental software I have ever utilized!

Pros

From an executive level to the daily practice needs, the reporting capabilities are great. I can't leave out how amazing the insurance functionality is and how it reflects accurately when treatment planning, creating a more accurate estimate for the patient.

Cons

Would love it if there were a support number to call rather than having to submit a ticket for any questions.

Jennifer from ComPassion Dental

Evaluated all cloud based dental PM software 5 yrs ago for new office. Easily covers all bases!

Pros

Intuitive- much easier than Dentrix. Nice XDR add-on application; previous Eaglesoft user. Wanted cloud. Waiting for new Dentilytics.

Cons

Need red Medical notes alerts flash. Would like side column for scheduling practice management tasks. Would like more complete CRM integration and online review ease rather than using DemandForce or Lighthouse 360

Lisa from WVU Children's Dental Program

Awesome software for public health dentistry

So glad we found this company. We have been using it since the beginning and have never regretted it.

Pros

Easy to use. Great instruction at the beginning to get you started. Awesome support system to help along the way and/or fix problems. Very receptive to suggestions for improvements. We have over 65 locations where we practice and as long as we have internet service, we have the service available. We also took advantage of using their partner in billing. Worth every penny and we get paid so much quicker. The management reports and daily production reports that can be produced as very helpful, as well.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time. Every con in the past has eventually been addressed by the company.

Ashkan from Marconi Dental Group

I love denticon!

I have been using denticon since 2009 and I dont see myself ever changing the software.

Pros

The fact that you dont have to worry about backing up the software is a major plus. Also being able to login from anywhere is invaluable.

Cons

The wait to get an answer on questions! Also, the inconsistency in the support teams knowledge of the software.

Lotlot from Stress Free Family Dentistry

Very responsive customer support. Been adding features to make it more user friendly.

Pros

Being able to import medical history with one click of a button for new and existing patients. Plus it will also show the medical alerts on the patient main screen.

Cons

The walkout receipt. It accumulates the credit which doesn't work for discount plans because it calculates the discounts and the payment as one so its confusing patients.

Kody from Wisdom Teeth Guys

Denticon is simple and easy to use

Denticon is how we keep track of all of our patients and make sure that we don't leave out anyone.

Pros

Denticon has a very user friendly interface which makes it easy to keep track of all of our patients and what they need.

Cons

A lot of the upgrades to the software cost extra, it would be nice to package it all together in one

William from William D. McNeely D.D.S.

Denticon is very easy to use and has all the functionality needed in a dental office.

Good customer support

Pros

Cloud based with automatic backups. Updates included with the software. Easy to track patients care and insurance.

Scott from Scott R Helle DMD

Easy to use but powerful cloud-based dental software

Pros

Cons

Cost for marketing features should be included, with the cost of the basic software. I understand that anything not automated should have an additional fee.

David from Corner Dental

Great Experience

After not reading everything correctly, Sandy called me up personally to explain things. She has worked with me through a few options and available possibilities on how to resolve issues. She was very helpful and easy to talk to.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate and user friendly

Cons

That you can't set up schedules differently on a weekly basis per provider book.

April from Dentistry Details

Good

Pros

Cloud base , intuitive, customized . My team likes the ability to send suggestions on improving the software. I like the new dashboard.

Cons

Print offs for treatment estimates , payments are not easy to follow. Although I like the dashboard, wish we had the capability to print overdue recalls.

Jessica from Healthcare

Denticon User

My overall experience has been great i have no complaints ...

Pros

Software is user friendly and you would be able to get it right away .Also customer service is beyond excellent if you have a problem understanding anything or help you submit a ticket and they will contact you immediately .I was very impressed with there customer service....

Cons

I have not had a problem with anything yet and i have been using software for two years ...

Scott from Newtonville Dental Associates

Industry: Mental Health Care

I have been using Denticon for over 9 years and have not planned to change.

Schedule and billing

Pros

Cloud based software allows me to be able to access software from different locations and offices. I like the mobile app to check my schedule.

Cons

Toggling back and forth to scheduler and Xdr can have glitches. Such as restorative chart dropping off.

Cloud based dental software

Pros

First I absolutely love the cloud based software! This helps us save space on site in the office and also it can be accessed from home if taking an emergency phone call. There are so many amazing functions and we keep learning more about how Denticon will improve our day! It's a relief to be paper free and the transition was relatively easy. With all of the new standards that dental offices must follow, it is already HIPAA compliant so that isn't a concern.

Cons

Many functions to learn! Will take us time but will be worth it.

Trisha from Meridian Medical Dental

Dental

Pros

The ease of use is great! Customer service is also great and response is given in a timely manner. The constant updates work very well in our office and make the software easier and easier to utilize. The training videos are extremely helpful and should we need more assistance, customer service is there and very efficient. The reports are laid out good and include all the information needed when reviewing.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a way to update and close a claim in a patient's chart with the press of 1 button instead of having to update and then go back in to the claim and close it.

Lauren from Hygiene Health LLC [100]

Amy IPDH

Pros

I like that this software is online. I can schedule patients from home. I can review my day and progress notes outside of the office. And, Denticon has excellent technical support. I am a brand new independent practicing hygienist in Maine. I've done clinical work for over 30 years. The charting and progress notes are intuitive for me. But, I've always had admin people to register new patients and bill insurance and everything administrative in between. Now all that is mine to figure out. The immediate help available goes far beyond expectation. They are patient and informative and able to walk me through the hard stuff.

Cons

I found the software non-intuitive. You really have to be taught exactly how to navigate it to use it. I've used Dentrix for years and feel like its easy software. This was a big shift for me.

Dr. Fernando from HealthySmilesRus

Great Software

I am a ex Dentrix and Open Dental. Denticon is a great software, very easy to use and train my staff. I do not need a Server.

Pros

Is Web Based , VBS services, Easy and clean .

Cons

Does not integrate with other 3rd parties. I would like a Voice appointment confirmation.

Eric from Front Range Smiles

Love this company

Pros

Easy to use; great customer support; great learning tools; quick response to trouble tickets. Their EHR reporting tools are awesome!

Cons

I would love to see more patient call back reminder features. However, we have found that they are very open to suggestions on what additional features they should build into the software.

Anoop from Bawa Dentistry

Convenient, User Friendly, Cost Effective

I have been a Denticon user for almost seven years! I have been very pleased over the years with Denticon's features and services. It is easy to use and cost effective at the same time!

Pros

User friendly, convenient, and cost effective.

Scott from Newtonville Dental Associates.

Best Dental Practice Software, period.

I've had Planet DDS take care of me since 2008. One of the best moves I made when starting my practice.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

Some difficulties running on Macs.