Eaglesoft Reviews

4.04 / 5 (110)

Our advisors have recommended this product 3 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I love the ease of use, easy icons. Documentation is easy as well. I love how it gathers patient information."

• "Very user friendly, easy to navigate and operate. "

• "I love how easy EagleSoft is to use. It is very user friendly. Getting around in the patient chart is easy and is easy to get from the billing aspect to the xrays. "

• Cons

• "Some of the reports are a bit time consuming when trying to get specific information. There seems to be a good bit of process of elimation"

• "Very little to be disliked. Graphics could be more appealing and other small things like that but overall functionality is excellent."

• "The print features were sometimes a little slow, but worked overall in a timely manner. Not anything else I can think of"

Browse Eaglesoft Reviews

Sean from Grady Dental Care

I much prefer EagleSoft over other Dental Practice Management software on the market.

I have used Eaglesoft since 2002 and am very glad I made the choice to do so. If I had to do it all over again I would not have changed a thing.

Pros

It is extremely user friendly and intuitive. Most functions are graphical so if you have a difficult time doing something you can figure it out just by looking. Well integrated products including their imaging software.

Cons

New staff struggle a bit because it is not the most popular software out there, but once they learn they are hooked!

Reasons for Choosing Eaglesoft

It was so much easier to use and I already had a relationship with Patterson. I didn't like the Dentrix sales rep at all.

Response from Patterson Dental Supply

Replied May 2020

We are happy to hear you are loving Eaglesoft. Thank you for providing feedback. If there are any additional questions or training help we can provide for some of the new staff please contact us at 800-475-5036

Shradha from SMILES ON 34th DENTAL

Best Dental Software

Pros

1. User Friendliness 2. Acceptance of max dental insurances 3. Easy to learn

Cons

None so far ! We are liking it and the customer service is awesome

Response from Patterson Dental Supply

Replied January 2020

Hello! We are glad to hear that you are loving Eaglesoft! Thank you for your feedback and we are happy to answer any future questions that may arise.

Michael from Claycomo Dental

Excellent "hub" for managing all aspects of your BUT Patterson's lack of attention to 2018 Security Standards should make it a non starter or at minimum give pause before implementing

As the Chief Security Officer and Director of IT for a mid-size dental practice, and as someone who manages Product Management for delivering enterprise security products for some of the largest organizations in the world, for all the good that Eaglesoft potentially provides to a practice, there is no way in good conscience I could / would recommend the product based on its inability, and the company's lack of desire, to address basic issues that contribute to poor security. Our practice has spend multiple thousands of dollars and increased network complexity, in order to mitigate, to our risk assessment satisfaction, and address both our HIPAA HITECH and PCI compliance obligations ariybd these basic issues. EagleSoft did take steps in version 18 to improve the security of its database and protect patent data at rest which was both commendable and expected under HIPAA HITECH. However, other basic security best practices, Patterson has demonstrated absolutely no desire or willingness to address. Prior to posting this review, I reached out to Patterson notifying them of these issues, and offering to partner with the organization to address. I was politely told "no thank you" and that "they had no intention of addressing the issues in the near future." That was in Oct 2017. The basic issues are: 1. The product forces you to have your practice users have local administrative privileges on the workstation - This runs completely counter to the "least privilege" principal of security that states that a user should have the absolute least amount of privileges required to perform a set of tasks. As a result of this requirement - we cannot sufficiently lockdown our computing environment to sufficiently address Change Management. Further, if a practice user shoul inadvertantly stumble upon something from the internet that our Symantec Endpoint protection should miss, this single issue creates a condidiotn where the malicious code can propogate across the network faster then we could contain it. That is because our staff move between 11 treatment rooms. Wev've been forced to do heavy network segmenting as a mitigation tactic so that we could contain an outbreak or other malicious code providing us sufficient time to detect and respond. There is absolutely no reason, except for lazy coding practices, that in 2018 and Windows 7 and higher platforms that Eaglesoft cannot easily adapt their Win32 UI to run without fear of error when the user is logged onto the workstation as nothing more then a local system or domain User. 2. The second security flaw is that it is predicated on an idea that all users are using a shared credential at the workstation. While I understand that this is normal behavior in historical practices, and even today in smaller practices who choose simplicity vs. other risk, the product can be and should be able to easily adapt to an environment where each practice user has their own unique network login. It is already a requirement in PCI, and expect that in future HITECH updates that multi-factor authentication, i.e. OTP will become increasingly required. This inability to cleanly address multiple user profiles results in: 2.1 Violation of security best practices because it obscures tracability of action on the network. 2.2 When each user has their own system login, Eaglesoft forces you to go in and make sure that each person is individually setup to leverage common resources like X-Rays, Oral Cameras, etc. This makes moving from room to room difficult because for less technical users it makes it impossible to seamless work in any room where they may have never worked before because configurations cannot be set at a workstation level and traverse all profiles. 2.3 Eaglesoft does not provide the ability to integrate natively with Active Directory. I can understand, and fully accept Patterson's decision for Eaglesoft itself to be its own standalone Authentication and Authorization mechanism. It makes perfect sense because Patterson does not want to have an inherent mandate that AD be a prerequisite. In small practices that would too much. However, with that said, I know for 100% sure that it is not brain surgery to equip a product with its own authentication and authorization schema to leverage AD authentication and authorization if AD is present. I've done it multiple times in multiple enterprise scale products. I would expect that it should be possible if AD is present that I should be able to map an AD account to an Eaglesoft account. Today my users have to sign on twice. Once to the workstation and then to Eaglesoft, when once would be sufficient. To be blunt, these security issues above make it very hard for those of us with an information security background we are hard pressed to not look negligent if / when a security breach occurs and someone evaluates our due diligence against established security best practices. In summary, for all of the wonderful capabilities of Eaglesoft that in many ways makes it a "must have" for our practice. But in truth, If it wasn't for the fact that it was easier and cheaper to incur the additional network complexity and operations costs then it would be to detangle the practice's operations from Eaglesoft and migrate to an alternative platform we would have replaced Eaglesoft over a year ago.

Pros

When it comes to managing the end-to-end operations of a practice, Eaglesoft really can be a one-stop solution for providers as well as the front office. This improves efficiency and drives value that can be realized from the software investment, but it really does require the organization to be "all in" with regards to fully implementing Eaglesoft to realize its full value

Cons

Reporting effectively needs to be blown up and started over. While there are several out-of-box reports, there is no way to customize reporting that does not require getting Eaglesoft involved, and in many cases it goes absolutely nowhere. There are so many better reporting technologies and capabilities that enable template reports to become hundreds of other reports, and Patterson desperately needs to get a 21st century reporting capability added to the product. Eaglesoft desperately needs a new web-based UI. the 32 bit UI in 2018 is difficult, and subscribes to a user mode that is quickly becoming out dated. Watching our hygienist and doctors use the product day-in and day-out I see many areas where a new UI with a new Reporting engine would go a long long ways in rejuvenating a product that is otherwise very capable in facilitating the management of a practice

Samantha from Atsalis Dental Excellence

User Friendly Software

Love Eaglesoft and all the reports and customization abilities with the software itself. Also love the ease of customer service availibility.

Pros

Very easy to use and figure out all the possibilities with reports and features. Also very easy to connect with customer support or easily google question to figure out a fix.

Cons

Difficult to inactivate old employees on the software (mostly hygienists) because they are attached to services. With such high turnover, makes it impossible to clear out old employees out of the system.

Reasons for Choosing Eaglesoft

More options for reports and customization.

Response from Patterson Dental Supply

Replied March 2020

Hello! We are happy to hear that you are finding Eaglesoft easy to use. As for how to inactivate old employees, you will need to close the claims and once completed you can then complete the inactivation process. For more help and assistance, please reach out to our support team. Thank you for your feedback and we are happy to answer any future questions that may arise.

Kelly from Sunlife Dental Group

The better of the dental software available, in my opinion.

EagleSoft has been not only exceptional with teaching the user how to run their software, but they have gone above and beyond to implement strategic tools to ensure your success in its application. Within the software, you are given an opportunity to use a practice-mode, where the user can input information into the program without it interrupting the company's actual patient records. I never felt like I got lost in the software and could not find a way out, whether it was on my own accord or with the help of a readily available support staff.

Pros

This was by far the easiest dental software that I have learned to use in the healthcare field. The software interface is simple and straightforward, which helps when you are new to the software and have not quite memorized where everything is. The one feature that I found to be the best and most helpful for myself was the patient charting portion. I have used other software where this has been an issue in the past so it was refreshing to have this specific part flow so effortlessly.

Cons

There were no areas within this software that I found to be subpar or unhelpful to me throughout my use of it. It would be wrong of me to even say that I found something within this software that made me like it less, because in all honesty there just was nothing I did not like about it.

Response from Patterson Dental Supply

Replied May 2020

We truly value your positive feedback and are happy to hear you are loving Eaglesoft. We are here for you if any future questions should arise. Thank you!

Kari from Integrated Dental Arts, PLLC

Recommend, but could be better

Our office could not function without a practice management software and Eaglesoft is a good product. I wish they would request more development ideas from their clients that use their product. Some little changes could go a LONG way.

Pros

It is fairly user friendly for the basics, helps run our office with ease. There is always a great team of support available to help.

Cons

There are so many glitches that effect our day to day, as well as details that could make a huge difference in the work flow for the day.

Response from Patterson Dental Supply

Replied January 2020

Hello! We love getting feedback from customers and developing their recommendations in future releases. We'd love to hear from you! Please send us your recommendation by clicking on the Give Feeback link on pattfaq.com (https://pattersonsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/list). It can be found in the Contact Us toolbar on the right side of the page.

leslie from Sunny hills pediatric dentistry

EagleSoft review

Pros

I like how when you want to schedule one family, all you have to do is right click and it lets you add all the families to the schedule

Cons

In the beginning the software is hard to understand. Some things are placed in odd spots. I wish there was a way to see families accounts instead of having to exit out of the families account and then have to look up the patient from the same family again.

Response from Patterson Dental Supply

Replied April 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience with Eaglesoft. We are happy to hear that you are using the family scheduling functionality. Our customer support team will be connecting with you soon to show how to view the family account balance and to share other helpful shortcuts within Eaglesoft.

April 2016

Cristal from Dental Office

April 2016

Easy to use software.

Pros

The software itself is organized. Everything is very user friendly which makes navigating the software a plus. That being said, it is easy to train someone on this program as well. I was taught on Dentrix, and the switch over to Eaglesoft was simple because it is user friendly.

Cons

Not everything is included in the price. It is a little on the higher end, especially to do updates. In other software programs, they charge you a single fee and that includes things such as the card reader, the signing pad that lets your patients signature go right into the program, etc etc. In Eaglesoft, all of these features are an extra charge. Customer support is not the greatest with Eaglesoft either. That is another extra fee to get that help.

Jennifer from Springbrook Family Dentistry

Good software

Overall I do like using eaglesoft. Customer service has been good (although there's often a wait over the phone) and the features available are great for your average dental practice.

Pros

Overall easy to use, ability to make autonote templates to speed the notes process up, and good reports available to track everything from patients to finances.

Cons

This software is more expensive than others on the market. It also does not integrate well with my imaging software, Dexis.

Frances from Frances A Lovelady DDS PA

A Hot mess

Very poor experience. The cost is outlandish. Online customer service is OK but direct training is poorly done

Pros

The ability to do quick notes. Scheduling is easier. Not much to like about this program sorry to say

Cons

Always freezes, difficult to master, updates create more problems LOUSY customer service with the installation. They sell it and drop you

The Dentrix sales person was a %$&*

Response from Patterson Dental Supply

Replied February 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so sorry you are experiencing issues with Eaglesoft. Our goal is to provide industry-leading software and best-in-class support to our customers. Our support team will contact you to resolve the issues you are experiencing as quickly as possible.

Erica from General Dentistry

My excellent experiences with Eaglesoft's service team have made me a loyal customer

Pros

I have tried, and used, many different dental practice management software systems, and I have concluded that Eaglesoft is by far the best system on the market. It is both easy to use, and user-friendly. The customer service, support, and live help features are outstanding - the staff are friendly, very knowledgeable, willing to work with you and very effective at solving problems. Updates are released regularly, and they often include great enhancements. Eaglesoft has a lot of features and capabilities; it is great to have them all in the same system and able to be easily integrated with other applications we use. Using Eaglesoft saves our practice a lot of time, money, and headaches.

Cons

There are definitely some enhancements that should be made; my office has put in quite a few enhancement requests recently. There are some issues with editing insurance company information and sending claims that need to be worked out a little better. I wish it had better capabilities in tracking financial and performance metrics, as well as making that data more accessible and in a friendlier format. I am also not impressed with the time clock, and have recently decided to use a time clock system that is included in the human resources management system we use. That is another improvement Eaglesoft could make - have more human resources capabilities, or perhaps have Patterson create a human resources application that integrates with Eaglesoft (like RevenueWell for patient management).

Erin from Snyder Family Dentistry

Eaglesoft....easy peasy!

Used it for 15 years throughout my dental career, and I am completely smitten over this software, so much in fact, that I interview for Dental offices that only run off of this software in their practice.

Pros

The ease of use comes in the many different shortcuts to get to where you want to go- images to chart....chart to notes.....notes to front schedule....there’s a shortcut to wherever you need to go next!

Cons

Sometimes it shuts itself down or kicks me out of my application for “an illegal operation” however I did no such thing

Response from Patterson Dental Supply

Replied January 2020

Hello! We are pleased to hear that you are using shortcuts within Eaglesoft to make your day to day functions easier. However, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with being kicked out. Our support team is happy to help you figure out the cause of this and resolve the issue (1-800-475-5036). To quickly resolve this issue, prior to calling our support line, please determine what was being done in Eaglesoft when this illegal operation occurred, click the details button and write down the entire message that is shown.

Sjana from Eagle Gate Dental

user friendly, effective, productive

Couldn't run the office without it! Scheduler, practice management, etc. A must have!

Pros

Makes dental office front office a breeze, and is easy to work with for back office as well. Plays well with other software companies that can be integrated into the system to make other aspects simplified. (We integrated Solution Reach, it was seamless). Customer support is top notch! Only once had an issue that was not able to be immediately addressed, and taken care of

Cons

The icons they use for the different charting aspects are a bit odd. they have an area to store documents in a patients chart, called smart doc, and their icon is a brain on a piece of paper. Some don't make sense, but if you hover over it with the mouse, it will pop up what it is. The other is there is SO much to remember, it's amazing how much they have in there! Not simple to disable some "upgrades" that I don't care for.

Meagan from Como Park Dentistry

Our Daily Software

It has made it easier knowing that anything that we need can be found in one place. We are also able to scan in documents to they are easy to get to without searching the entire paper chart.

Pros

I love that all of our needs for a patient are right at our fingertips! Patient information, charting, imaging and billing in one location.

Cons

We do run into problems where computers become disconnected from the main server but customer support is there to help us every time and get us up running again quickly.

Response from Patterson Dental Supply

Replied January 2020

Hello! We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with connection to the main server. There can be a variety of reasons but most often it is related to a network issue. We recommend that you continue to call our support team to properly diagnose and resolve the issue quickly. They are happy to help! Our software team is glad to hear that you are pleased with the ease of patient features.

Marvin from Roofing

intuitive, easy to use

Despite the issues this is by far the best software for the price and the amount of options you have when using this for your day to day use.

Pros

I just love it how you can easy administer the users on this software. What I also like about this is that you don't really need to fully understand each part of it. You can actually learn from it by how easy the tabs and options are. In other words it's easy to use.

Cons

I don't know if this can be fixed with an update or not but when trying to change insurance information I get errors or it asking me to do this before I can do something else. The problem with this is that this doesn't happen all the time. Odd, can a fix help with this? There is also an issue when it comes to printing out the charts for the clients. I only prints certain parts when it wants to and other times all of the printing comes out the way how I want it to be. Maybe there is something going on with this or it is just me.

Sarah from Adiska Family Dental

Extremely user-friendly

I loved this software. We have been testing many other software lately (all cloud-based). So far, non of them quite compare to this one when it comes to the clinical needs. Also, being that this is server-based vs cloud-based it runs much faster.

Pros

This software was so easy to learn. It took almost no time at all to feel proficient. It has so many functions to help me in my day to day use as a clinician. It is so easy to use that I was easily cross-trained to help support the administrative staff in the front office when needed.

Cons

Being that we have 4 office locations, there was no way to link the software. You could not access the information from one office to another. We have now moved on to a cloud-based software but I still miss a lot of the functionality of Eaglesoft.

Eagle Soft in your Dental practice

Overall, it helped me get my jobs done. I could follow the patient from the waiting room, to exam room, to checkout, without ever having to move. It had amazing pre-set notes to help out assistants who were just starting out as well. The bonus to using this software in my office, is that it was the main software I was taught while in dental assisting school, so I was able to follow it much easier. Also, this software is promoted a lot in the dental world. When you hear of another one, it's extremely new to you, because chances are you've never heard of it before. But eaglesoft, everyone knows!

Pros

I enjoyed the color coordination that the software offers. This is one of it's features that make it a little easier to figure out it's navigation. It has an excellent ability to be compatible to many different forms of equipment through out the dental office.

Cons

The font is the most aggravating thing that I had to deal with while using this software. I did not like the layout, and how small the font was during the typing of clinical notes. I felt like I spent a lot of time correcting things, simply because I could not see it well. This was also years ago, and they may have added the choice to adjust this by now.

Aubrey from Callforce

Great software for Dentist Offices

EagleSoft has been great when looking for, scheduling, rescheduling, and deleting appointments. I have found that this software really eases a lot of stress in the dental world.

Pros

EagleSoft has been an amazing software that allows my office to schedule patients quickly and effectively. It doesn't have too many little details to make the process of scheduling hard and everything is color coordinated, organized, and easy to access.

Cons

A lot of the features are disguised by icons that don't make sense. This sometimes makes it hard when I'm in a pinch to schedule someone.

Alex from Biltmore Dental Group

EagleSoft experience

Overall very happy with EagleSoft and would recommend them. Scheduling and treatment planning are pretty straightforward. There are a lot of features I have yet to discover, so some offices may get even more out of it. Some minor functions could be tweaked to be improved, but they seem to have an updated version every year or so.

Pros

Integrates well with other technology, such as our new PlanMecca Cone Beam. Can switch easily between account screens, charting, etc. I like how on the charting screen you can click on a tooth and immediately see all images and history associated with that tooth.

Cons

I would like to be able to show discounts (professional courtesy) on a treatment plan - i.e. have it deduct from the total cost.

Stephanie from Oasis

Best with later versions

Pros

Very user-friendly and lots of video tutorials on the Patterson website. The opening screen is very easy to navigate and self-explanatory. I find that if you've ever used any other dental software you will find your way around the software. There's a lot of icons that are very helpful and can be used as shortcuts.

Cons

It could look a bit cluttered if you don't know what each thing is for. There's a lot of different many that can get confusing if you don't know what they're for. Also if you don't subscribe to any of their add-ins there's a lot of extra icons and options that are useless

Excellent dental software!

We tried two other dental softwares in our newest location before we went back to eaglesoft. I love eaglesoft compared to the others we used.

Pros

I like the ease and integration of dental insurance and filing claims and claims with attachments.

Cons

I wish there was some way to add even more limitations and frequencies for the benefits section. Like age limits for fluoride/sealants, an option for bridges and such not to be covered on missing teeth and copying insurance companies to account for plans with waiting periods and without so you didn’t have to creat a whole new one just for a waiting period.

Adam from Firefly Legal, Inc.

EagleSoft has grown over the years.

It is dental software that get the jobs done. It works in larger operations.

Pros

I've used Eagle soft for close to 12-14 years now. It gets the job done. We use it to manage 15 offices through out the state. In the early days doing this was very cumbersome. Over the years the software has allowed us to report on all aspects across the various offices.

Cons

The consulting cost to get it installed and running is kinda high. Shop around and see if you can find some decent consultants. This issue is that since it is niche software you are kinda stuck.

Brandon from Sound Health Medica supply

Industry: Medical Devices

Excellent Software!!

My overall experience with eaglesoft has been amazing! If you have any feature you are trying to access or changes you would like to be made to improve your office management you will be pleasantly surprised that Eaglesoft has really thought of everything!

Pros

This is the easiest software I have found for dental scheduling, billing, accounting, charting etc. Eaglesoft is so functional and has so many expanded features to it, it really makes the office run so smoothly!

Cons

I haven’t run into anything that a quick call to customer service couldn’t fix.

Jenny from Dr. Charles Ashley Mann and Associates

User Friendly

Pros

This is a great program that we use in the dental field. It is very user friendly. If you arent sure where things are they are many different ways to find it. If we have temps in our office or new employees it is easy for them to easily catch on to our system

Cons

The account history can be difficult to read through. Im sure there are easier ways to do it but I havent figure it out yet (I work in the back so I do not have to look at pt accounts often)

Charmayne from iHealthone

The most simplistic software i have ever used!!

Overall, I love the ease of use and pulling insurance reports and appointment logs are a breeze with Eaglesoft. The newest version has lots of upgraded features as well

Pros

The appointment book and scheduler is so easy to use. The patient charts are simple to access and uploading patient pictures to their charts is fun and unique. Eaglesoft helps to keep patient demographics organized.

Cons

software does have occasional glitches and technical support is an additional fee

Jasmin from Buckhead Atlanta Dentistry

Efficient Dental Software that makes managing patients on a daily basis easy and trouble-free.

Pros

If there are any errors in processing a claim, the reports are that print help you determine what corrections need to be made. It is not unlikely for you to receive a call from support if they notice you have claims stuck in in-process. They pay attention to what changes you recommend.

Cons

We have had a few glitches with ghost appointments or accounts that are boggled down but I have had the same issue with the competitor software.

EAGLESOFT REVIEW

We have been using Eaglesoft at my dental practice for about 4.5 yrs now and have been very satisfied with it. It is a very powerful and extensive Dental Office software with many features. I definitely recommend it when asked.

Pros

This software is the most user friendly and easiest to learn of all the dental software that I have tried.

Cons

I would like to see the software be able to better integrate devices such as intraoral cameras and digital xrays ( other than Schick).

Tyler from dmi Networking

Eaglesoft is clear and logical to use, which is a great thing when using daily or teaching new users

It's an affordable and powerful way to manage a dental practice, covering all the needs of an office in one program that's backed by excellent support and compatible with most scanners, sensors, and cameras.

Pros

The menu system is very clear and logical. Even someone who hasn't used it much can often find their way around to where they need to get to. Patterson's support techs are also very quick to get to you, and rarely require more than one quick session to resolve any issues you might be experiencing.

Cons

There are a lot of menu buttons by default. You can turn off ones that don't get used often, but it can be a little intimidating at first until you get used to things. Additionally, some scanners can not do duplex scanning through Eaglesoft, requiring you to manually attach the scanned PDF to the patient file. Not a huge deal on it's own, but compared to how much faster it could be when scanning numerous files it gets a bit annoying that this isn't supported still.

Eaglesoft

Pros

It was very easy to learn for someone who had no experience in the dental field. It had plenty of features to keep us organized and running effectively even with transitioning patient files from paper to fully electronic. Excellent for a small dental business!

Jennifer from dental

As a dental hygienist in a busy office, I can attest that this software is my favorite!

Pros

Scheduling patients is very easy, I can set the type, length of visit, and preferred provider in just a few seconds. The icons are very easy to see and navigate.

Cons

The charting can be a bit difficult to use for new beginners. There are a lot of drop downs and unless you've practiced it could take a while to learn. However, there are great YouTube videos available so you can learn at home.

Vincent from Agape Dental

Great Software for all Dental Offices!

Easy to use, easy to learn. Great!

Pros

What I like most about this software is that if you hover over the patient's name on the schedule, it tells you a lot of info about the patient including his age, medical conditions, etc. Very easy to view radiographs with just 1 click of a button. And to top it off, EasySoft actually has patient reminders built into it. So what a plus!

Cons

The layout of EagleSoft looks pretty "old school" and could use an improvement in that aspect. It functions fine but it just doesn't look very appealing.

Shantae from Education Management

Easy product to help run your practice

Overall, I really enjoy EagleSoft, it makes it easy to schedule appointments and keep a schedule full.

Pros

I like that this software is relatively easy to use, if I find myself in a situation that I cannot fix their customer service is easy to reach.

Cons

My only complaint would be that some of our other software does not sync well with this product, which can cause some computer freezes.

Monique from Wester Wayne Dental

Eagle soft is pricey but is is awesome and worth the money

Pros

Ease to flow from one page to the next. The X-rays. are clear and have good quality. I like the dental charting format and split screen option to view. Top notch in my opinion in functionality and format.

Cons

I really don't have a con with this system as I am pleased, if I had to pick something I would say it is more expensive and is pricey.

Sam from Medical Practice

Pros

Cons

There isn't much to not like about this product. If there is a problem when you need to call support that could take some time as you could be on hold for a while.

Alex from Pediatric Dentistry

Easy & Efficient!

We use this software all day everyday and it is the complete heart of our company. If this system were to go down we would have nothing.

Pros

There are unlimited opportunities with this software. We are able to schedule appointments at the front desk. Insurance is easy to put in. Our hygienist and dental assistant are able to use the charts and patient notes section as they are working on a patient.

Cons

I wish that the software looked a little more modern and not as old fashioned. It looks like it belongs in the 2000s.

Jackie from Northwest Hills smiles

Eaglesoft is good

Pros

-Streamlined look. -all integrated functions (imaging software, camera, etc) -has instant messaging for operators to front communication -great help from help desk people

Cons

-proprietary equipment recommended for better integration -cost...it was expensive when i got it, annual fee to maintain system -i wish we could get custom reports

Jerem from Fairbourn Family Dentistry

Eaglesoft is a fine practice management software.

Nothing.

Pros

It has good customer support, as long as you are paying for it. If not, I am not sure how well you would function. They do updates almost yearly.

Cons

The update process can be onerous and time consuming. It can take hours to update an office. Also, the chart graphics are just ordinary. Nothing to get excited about.

Roni from Moreno beach dental

I really enjoyed that eaglesoft had such a simple and easily to maneuver thouroughout the entire pro

Pros

The thing I really liked the most about eaglesoft software is that no matter what section of the office you are in you are easily capable of viewing any thing related to that patient. Whether it may be X-rays, digital pictures, medical information or any thing the patient has filled out and have in the their file.

Nancy from Bishop Moore catholic high

The best dental software

Pros

I've used this software for couple years when i worked in a dental office. It was so easy to learn and organizes everything, you don't even have to think. Even when i had questions and called their customer service, they were very patient and knowledgable. Ready to walk you through whatever you need to understand.

Cons

The chat inside the software used to crash sometimes but i believe it's because we didn't upgrade to the latest version and the computers were old.

Nicole from Lockwood commons

Easy to use dental software

Eagle soft makes it easy to run and manage our practice. It has everything we need in one place

Pros

The clinical portion of this software is very easy to use, it is user-friendly and has many great features.

Cons

The billing question of the software is a little tricky to use and to read, and patients sometimes have questions about their receipt.

Jennifer from Durell & Durell DDS PC

Eaglesoft is still very easy to use and performs well with digital systems and confirming software.

Easy to train employees on updates and enhancements.

Pros

The ease of use and flow of software are the primary pro's for Eaglesoft. It seems to transition well with the digital x-rays software.

Cons

The software has been slow with quality updates due to it becoming free for dental offices. Dentrix seems to be surpassing eaglesoft in updates.

Jim from Dental Office

14 years of waiting

Patterson is the type of large company that thinks you are lucky to be their customer. They have stopped working for the customer. I have been sending them email after email of shortcomings for over 14 years and not once have they added any request.....from charts that have electronic signatures to paperless check in to software that logs off users after a timeout.....all things the most simple and cheapest software can do today. They depend on other software to do what they should do natively.

Pros

Support is good and they try to hep you overcome the myriad of shortcomings. Eaglesoft is well established and well known.

Cons

Development or lack there of.....Over the last 10 years they have failed to do much other than superficial graphics. They don't meet any security requirements, their charts and patient notes are simplistic and offer no auditing or control of who put the charts in. Their accounting is difficult and hard to use. They NEVER respond to user inputs.....going from version 18 to 19 they added two whole features and even those are only halfway developed. They are slow to respond to bugs and rarely fix anything.

Kathy from Irwin Dental Center

Ease of use

Customer service sometimes takes getting thru to multiple people to resolve issue

Pros

navigating from one program to the other is very easy. Been using many years. Looking forward to newer version.

Cons

when someone else in my office runs end of day operating system seizes up if I am in eagle soft and actively working.

User Friendly Dental Software

The daily operations and monthly reports provide a lot of valuable data .

Pros

The program has many features that help with day to day office procedures.

Cons

I don't like that Eaglesoft requires you to use their credit card processing company, otherwise it won't interface with their software.

Scarlet from Doyle

Best dental software

Overall eaglesoft is the only dental software that i hope i ever use.

Pros

Cons

I do not like how the new update has changed notes. Its now very hard to scroll and read past notes.

Jennifer from Turnage Family Dentistry

Easy of Eaglesoft

Pros

User friendly, simple, easy access to FAQ and tutorials. Set up is quick, there is a lot of features to help make the patient experience better as far as insurance and billing

Cons

does not time stamp all changes in information, changes to insurance information are hard to limit.

Jennifer from Turnage Family Dentistry

Eaglesoft

Pros

Love the easy of the use of Eaglesoft and the amount of information that can be entered and stored.

Nicole from Lockwood Commons Dental care

Eaglesoft is easy to use for the most part and has a lot of different functions for our practice

Pros

The clinical part is very easy to use, and it has multiple functions to track and make every day tasks easy and efficient

Cons

The billing and financial part is a little complicated and patients sometimes do not understand how to read their bill

Sara from Orchard City Dental Care

Great functionality

Pros

We use Eaglesoft for scheduling, xrays, printing reports, financial data. It syncs well with our Patient communication system

Cons

Sometimes we want to print a report but the data cannot be generated. More data capability would be helpful.

All around tool for dental office

Pros

It has everything a clinic needs it terms of records management of patient.

Cons

Interface needs improvement. When you're on the edit patient window, you can't use the calendar to check the available schedule, that's inefficient.