All Shift4Shop Reviews

Silvanus

Dairy, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2019

3dCart does E_commerse BETTER

3dcart is one of its kind, i can always recommend this app to everyone that cares to build an online presence for their business. You will never regret using 3dcart. everything you need to sell online is on 3dcart!

PROS

using 3dCart you have great opportunity and access to everything you need for creating a complete eCommerce website, online store and blog on a free of charge basis As an aspiring seller, you don't have to own a factory before you can begin selling products online. the dropshipping platform by 3dcart is awesome There is a top notch SEO on 3dcart that helps you optimize your website to be seen by more visitors and consequently convert more of them into paying customers within few minutes you can sign up and set up your account. then begin to customize it with the numerous tools already available on the platform to suite what you have in mind for your business

CONS

The liability to be bear by small/upcoming seller using the drop shipping avenue could be more strictly dealt with such that the seller don't have to go through a lot of rigor to settle dispute that has to do wit orders.

Domenico

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed February 2021

A great value for the money

Rather than spend the money at Shopify, you can save a lot and get a great website to sell your online products.

PROS

When I was looking into e-commerce platforms, a friend of mine recommended 3dcart. I had never heard of them but I'm glad I checked them out. They are located in the US, have great value for money and give control to build a great website.

CONS

If you aren't "tech" savvy, the customization is better left to a professional. Other than that, I really like the product offering and enjoy the user interface.

Reason for choosing Shift4Shop

Value for the money and control over customizations.

Kristine

Wholesale, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

This was MUCH better when it was 3dcart. It's garbage now, no support, and clunky.

I was a 3dcart customer, and the customer service, when they were owners, was very good. They were helpful, responsive, and patient. Shift4Shop who purchased them, is a complete 180 degrees from that. From flippant responses to legitimate questions on chat to ticket responses that take 10-14 days, there is simply NO value for the money. They bought out 3dcart, did nothing to improve anything, increased the price, and cut the customer service aspect of things. It's a shame, it used to be a good option for a small business owner who was willing to take the time to make a great site, for not as much $$ as the big outfits. HERE IS THE KICKER: I opted to leave about 5 months into the prepaid year ($830 or so). After requesting a refund for the remaining months, they denied me, saying "it's been more than 30 days since you purchased so we can't" which is a load of bull. It is a rule THEY made up. This company feels absolutely entitled to an entire year's service without actually providing the service. I was not surprised when I was denied, and it further confirmed that I had indeed made the right choice to leave this abysmal service.

PROS

What made 3dcart (bought by shift4shop) unique, was that there was a control for even the most minute function, allowing the user to have a tremendous amount of grasp of the overall customer experience. It was confusing at times, but that was offset by the relative ease of obtaining help from technical support when it got difficult.

CONS

The CRM is absolutely stupid. I would get an email from a customer, sent to my email address, but in order to reply, I had to log back into the CRM screen. It was highly inconvenient, and I far prefer Shopify's version which pushes my response via email directly to the customer. I can respond in almost real time.

Reason for choosing Shift4Shop

Shift4shop (3dcart) was ok because while it was clunky, the price point wasn't terrible. And customer service was pretty decent. But lately they've decided to up the price, and provide nothing for the increased expense, indeed cutting back on customer service options. I left.

William

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Stole from us and while trying to strongarm us into using their payment processor

We have been humming along for several years using 3D Cart/Shift4Shop and were happy until just the past two days. They sent an email out saying that if we didn't register for their payment processor, our site would be deleted. We don't want to use their processor... so I called. I was told I received the email by mistake and we were all good and to disregard. Well, it turns out they automatically made their processor an option on our checkout. They captured nearly $6k in funds in 2 days WITHOUT EVER HAVING OUR BANKING INFO! I called again and they said they had some account info that I had never heard of, nor provided. The only resolution they could come up with was to send the money to me right away... NOT!!! Their resolution was to REFUND the customers if I didn't sign up for their processing. Now I have to go back and re-capture the payments for product that was already delivered!!! There may be a lawsuit in the making if we are unable to get payment for the products that were delivered with payments captured in a totally unauthorized manner. AVOID THIS COMPANY

PROS

The Shift4Shop store layout is capable of many things we require, such as different price tiers for different customer groups as well as options for each product.

CONS

Some of the formattings are not automatically symmetrical and require adjusting, and still may not be quite right. Customer service is garbage.

Reviewed September 2016

Almost perfect

I find 3dcart easy to use and really do like the interface however many customers have had issues when shopping and I've often had to tell them to clear their cache/cookies so that the cart would work properly. This may be a bigger issue for me because I have repeat customers saving orders in their carts.

PROS

Easy to use inexpensive lots of designers will work with this cart

CONS

Some customers get logged and are not able to place orders.

Kelly

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

There are better, easier solutions out there for the same costs

They had an excellent plan where you got the cart free if you used their payment processor. Then they changed that to charge if you did not process a certain amount through that payment processor. They decided to kill my legacy plan and delete my entire store and account out from under me without any warning. It was great until it wasn't.

PROS

They had an excellent plan where you got the cart free, if you used their payment processor. Lots of apps are included. Can use "out of the box" without having to add a bunch of paid options.

CONS

Their apps and setup are confusing and hard to figure out for someone just starting out. Single plan. One price good for established ecomm not good for start ups.

Reason for choosing Shift4Shop

The free option when using their payment processors.

Used more than 2 years

Overall, pretty good

PROS

Good basic features for creating a website. Drag and drop and editing it pretty nice. Nice for small company Ecommerce site.

CONS

Lacking in more advanced features. Lacks sophisticated design and plugins like other platforms have.

Muddassar

Apparel & Fashion, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2021

Build your Professional Online Store

I have a very professional experience with 3dcart because I have designed a professional online store using 3dcart. I really love that I can customize my store according to my requirements and it's fully secure.

PROS

3dcart allows you to build your beautiful online store. You can select your choice of payments with real-time shipping. If you want to increase your sales conversions then 3dcart is the best option for you. You can easily manage products, orders, and customers.

CONS

I never found any problem with adding the products or managing my dashboard. Everything is easy to learn and use without any kind of issues.

Ed

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Need to Sell Online? 3D Cart Makes it Happen!

Overall 3D Cart can take get your retail business online fast and efficiently.

PROS

3D helped us get our online up and running fast. Their system is easy to use and had a great set of features. We literally had our store up and running in just days! When we needed a hand, they were there.

CONS

A few more design options would be a great addition.

Reviewed August 2018

Great customer service

Overall solid trust worthy platform to build your ecommerce site with.

PROS

Easy to get ahold of custmer service when issues arrose.

CONS

Difficulties integrating with platforms such as facebook and instagram.

Jared

Sporting Goods, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2023

Shift on past Shift4Shop and don't look back

Very negative. I gave it a try, they fell flat and didn't get up. I'm planning on taking my site down and finding a better solution that actually is stable and works.

PROS

Free, no fees except a processing percentage inline with other options.

CONS

Instructions to set up the site and transfer over your domain were missing. Hours wasted when I had to perform a specific ticket to get it to work that wasn't listed or documented. Setup is atrocious, not fluid, old outdated. I finished setup and took my site live and found out the credit card processing wasn't working. Several messages to support and the reply's back were so incoherent, no one could understand what they were saying. It wasn't even proper English or legible. I have missed over a month of sales because of how bad their processing setup is. Some of the support staff are ok, some shouldn't be allowed to work in the tech sector and should require adult supervision.

Reason for choosing Shift4Shop

No fees is the only reason I gave it a try. Not even worth free.

Increased transaction fees

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Run as Fast as you can Forest! Run!

We used them for 2 years and had minor problems up until the end. For the last 2 months, customers were unable to checkout, or connect to our payment processor. We put in like 5 hot tickets to get fixed and day after day nothing was fixed and support got ruder and ruder with us! We lost thousands of dollars online with this company and now they are chasing us for renewal payment after I have already closed my store! Simply put, this is bad software with a poor customer care staff!

PROS

We used them for 2 years and had minor problems up until the end. For the last 2 months, customers were unable to checkout, or connect to our payment processor. We put in like 3 to 5 hot tickets to get fixed and day after day nothing was fixed and support got ruder and ruder with us! We lost thousands of dollars online with this company and now they are chasing us for a renewal payment! Simply put, this is bad software with a poor customer care staff!

CONS

Oh, the loss of money and our customers getting turned away online. Measures right up to the lack of response to do anything by the customer care and tech support departments!

Reasons for switching to Shift4Shop

Because we were losing hundreds of dollars per day! We worked hard to build our online presence only to be crushed by 2 months of technical issues that were never resolved until I changed platforms! Run away from this company!

Bill

Wholesale, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Great Company but difficult to get help when you need it

My overall experience until recently has been very good. I could generally figure out what I needed to do on my own. However, I don't it is anything special any longer.

PROS

Versatility, variety of plugins. Nice templates.

CONS

Customer service has really declined in the years I have used this software. When I first started you could get hold of someone early in the morning. Now it takes an executive order from Trump.

Reason for choosing Shift4Shop

At the time 3dcart it seemed like they had better service. I was able to get some difficult issues corrected and was able to talk to people. They also had a great sales rep that worked with me that is no longer there.

Reasons for switching to Shift4Shop

Zoovy was changing their business model and no longer working with smaller companies.

Lillian

Medical Devices, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2017

It is fairly easier program to operate.

We use it to enter in orders for our durable medical equipment. It allows us to print and/or email invoices instantly to our customers.

PROS

The way the format is set up. They have made several improvements over the last couple of years. Some good and some are not.

CONS

There is an Icon at the lower left of the program for messages. It cannot me moved to another part of the screen and no way to opt out of having that feature according to customer service. Also, when you accidentally enter an invalid password IT TAKES FOREVER for it to go blank so the password can be re-entered. It reminds me of the old dial-up response before high speed. And last it does not always import into our QuckBooks correctly and is time consuming to figure out why.

Patrick

Music, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Discontinued Email Support

CONS

Stupidest decision in Cost Cutting these morons ever made by discontinung Smartermail for customers. Now we have to find a 3rd party to get Orders/Communications via email at additional cost. Worse yet the damn HOOPS we have to go thru to set that up with the 3rd Party provider is ridiculous. Sometimes in business "Cutting Costs" is "Cutting Your Own Throat". If we could get off this platform I would do it in a minute and we'll NEVER recommend them to anyone.

LORRAINE

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Ease of use

Tech support has been very helpful with my Google listing issues and directed me in how to resolve my issues. I was able to work within the software to make the necessary fixes.

PROS

I moved my store from another website host that use a very hard program to use. I found this software very easy to use and navigate. I was able to get my store up and running in a few days.

CONS

There is no way to make price adjustments without changing each one individually. It is repetitive and time consuming.

Reasons for switching to Shift4Shop

Magento software is very difficult to use and they promised tech support but did not provide it. My site was hacked and they were not interested in updating the software unless I paid a ridiculous amount of money.

Used less than 2 years