All Shift4Shop Reviews

Silvanus

Industry: Dairy

3dCart does E_commerse BETTER

3dcart is one of its kind, i can always recommend this app to everyone that cares to build an online presence for their business. You will never regret using 3dcart. everything you need to sell online is on 3dcart!

Pros

using 3dCart you have great opportunity and access to everything you need for creating a complete eCommerce website, online store and blog on a free of charge basis As an aspiring seller, you don't have to own a factory before you can begin selling products online. the dropshipping platform by 3dcart is awesome There is a top notch SEO on 3dcart that helps you optimize your website to be seen by more visitors and consequently convert more of them into paying customers within few minutes you can sign up and set up your account. then begin to customize it with the numerous tools already available on the platform to suite what you have in mind for your business

Cons

The liability to be bear by small/upcoming seller using the drop shipping avenue could be more strictly dealt with such that the seller don't have to go through a lot of rigor to settle dispute that has to do wit orders.

Tom

I am amazed at how many good things 3D cart does.

Pros

It is feature rich. It does everything it should, and It even has modules that can be turned on that do even more. This is an excellent shopping cart and I now have three of them. Easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Cons

There are some things I would like to add, things I consider to be basic customizations, like the ability to add flat rate shipping at different rates per product. 3D Cart has for hire programmers to do it but for a steep price. I would like more affordable customizations.

Industry: Consumer Electronics

December 2022

Worst company on the planet

I've been with them for over 15 years and that's the problem, you spend ungodly time getting everything setup and I'm sure they know changing platforms is just not feasible for a small biz!!! In those 15 years have encountered countless glitches but god forbid ever call them glitches as in their mind the software is perfect. I could cite many examples but the reason I'm here now is because our file system is not displaying and there's another glitch with images and now and after a month they won't even respond to me. Lets back up to a few months ago when they stopped email hosting, it was supposed to be cut on a Friday but also they provided no notices as the day arrived so didn't even know it was for certain and never responded back about it. Instead they cut it that Thursday night and this was before the 4th of July, then had no support available until the following Tuesday and the changes for a new email service had to be done by them as of course there were glitches in the system... It's been 15 years of complete incompetence until you get to the top tech guys which would usually only happen when would get so pissed off and send a completely inappropriate message... and it goes all the way to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] who I copy on most issues so no doubt the all of this is just the culture of the biz. Anyone writing positive reviews has either been paid or just has not gotten deepen enough into their operations yet!

Pros

There is nothing to like with the service and support they offer!

Cons

Their software which certainly is not theirs based on how a lot of support seems to go through outside parties, horrible service going all the up to the president!

Reasons for choosing Shift4Shop

because had access to customize the code

Greg

Industry: Furniture

Took two years to get ecomm site up and running

For our needs this was the best. None of the big three do absolutely everything. Requires lots of time and repetition to learn all the tricks, this is a deep program, but we have it do a lot and have it very customized.

Pros

Most everything is customizable if you can figure out how.

Cons

You will constantly run into something it doesn't do such as percentage pricing on options, but none of them do it all.

Scott

March 2022

Shift4shop Best FREE Shopping Platform Out There

Pros

Like the fact that its an entire platform like all the rest you pay for but its FREE!

Cons

Not found any as of yet any negative issues

Reasons for choosing Shift4Shop

Free service

Reasons for switching to Shift4Shop

Too expensive and hard to figure out

Muddassar

Build your Professional Online Store

I have a very professional experience with 3dcart because I have designed a professional online store using 3dcart. I really love that I can customize my store according to my requirements and it's fully secure.

Pros

3dcart allows you to build your beautiful online store. You can select your choice of payments with real-time shipping. If you want to increase your sales conversions then 3dcart is the best option for you. You can easily manage products, orders, and customers.

Cons

I never found any problem with adding the products or managing my dashboard. Everything is easy to learn and use without any kind of issues.

Leslie

Industry: Printing

November 2022

robust platform experiencing declining customer service, increasing "glitches", increasing pricing

We stayed with Shift 4 Shop/3dcartstores due to the functionality of the platform. The cost used to be good and the customer service much better in the past. However, over the course of the last year we have been experiencing an uptick in "glitches" on their platform. You almost have to demand to speak to management and then when / if they get to you. My most current situation is that all of our products have incorrect captioning descriptions, i.e. a red shirt is captioned black, AND THERE is no correction as of now since putting in a ticket over 3 days ago. According to them, it seems to be a "global" issue affecting everyones site on the platforms.

Pros

Cons

Increasing "glitches" either globally or domain specific. Long or no response from upper management on serious issues such as missing orders, description issues. etc.

Ed

Need to Sell Online? 3D Cart Makes it Happen!

Overall 3D Cart can take get your retail business online fast and efficiently.

Pros

3D helped us get our online up and running fast. Their system is easy to use and had a great set of features. We literally had our store up and running in just days! When we needed a hand, they were there.

Cons

A few more design options would be a great addition.

Carlos Adrián

I use this cart now only by the point of sale

Pros

The software is good, but it is very difficult to integrate with other tools, I had to use zapier to be able to automate all my processes, but in general it has worked correctly

Cons

the addons are very expensive, it is difficult to develop something extra, the support by chat is not live, in reality they generate tickets and take a few hours to answer, you can not use your own SSL, it is necessary to buy one with them

Casey

August 2016

A robust, easy to use piece of software with endless customization and wonderful support.

After using 3dcart with a previous company, I recommended it to my new employer when it came time to switch to a new software platform. I'm always impressed by the customer service, and for the ability to customize sites for the unique needs of any business.

Kim

100% Awesome!!!!!

I was a little worried since I read some not so great reviews and I read about all the features that could be confusing. WELL.....I have to say that I have had absolutely NO issues what-so-ever. Customer Service has been AMAZING! I can chat with a rep any time day or night and someone ALWAYS answers my crazy questions. There have been 2 times they had to put in a ticket to get something resolved that they could not help me with through the chat, but it always gets done. I even called one day to speak to someone and the lady was so sweet and helpful. I am just blown away! And...wow, this program has so many amazing features. You could not ask for more. Super happy with Shift4Shop right now. I kinda just want to pinch myself and make sure this is for real. I am not a website builder and there are so many features to this, you can get overwhelmed a little.....but customer service through the chat is amazing and I have learned the features and I am enjoying seeing my website come together. GREAT job shift4shop, keep up the great work and keep supporting your customer service people....they are doing an amazing job!!!!

Pros

What I like most about the software is the fact that there are SO MANY OPTIONS! You can do almost anything with this software. I love the reward points system.....we were using something similar in a facebook group for a group of customers, but of course we had to write it all down and keep track. This program does it for you. AND......I was able to go into the settings and change the "reward points" wording to say "Queen Buck"......OMG.....that just made my day. This software is so customizable. Great job Shift4Shop! You guys ROCK!!!!

Cons

I would say the only con.....which is really not the fault of shift4shop, but the user......is there are so many features, you can get a little overwhelmed...but only at first. Once I got the hang of it....wow, it's amazing.

Lillian

Industry: Medical Devices

It is fairly easier program to operate.

We use it to enter in orders for our durable medical equipment. It allows us to print and/or email invoices instantly to our customers.

Pros

The way the format is set up. They have made several improvements over the last couple of years. Some good and some are not.

Cons

There is an Icon at the lower left of the program for messages. It cannot me moved to another part of the screen and no way to opt out of having that feature according to customer service. Also, when you accidentally enter an invalid password IT TAKES FOREVER for it to go blank so the password can be re-entered. It reminds me of the old dial-up response before high speed. And last it does not always import into our QuckBooks correctly and is time consuming to figure out why.

Mary

From a blank page to a full site the little home brew store that could!

This was my first experience with a web page. I had to start our on line store. I had little or no experience with this sort of thing. I am proud to say our site is very easy to use. If I have a question or problem Customer Support is right there to help. I would recommend this to any one who needs a on line presents. If I can do you so can you!

Pros

The choices and ease of use. The little clips that walk me threw something that I am trying to do for the first time.

Cons

Not having a little clip in certain sections to walk me threw the first time. Wish you had more options like constant contact for news letters Then I would not need them and would be able to do it all in one spot.

Brian

Flexible software

I am very happy with the service. I like how flexible the software is. It is not just plug 'n play like a do-it-yourself site builder. If you know a little bit of programming you can really customize the appearance and functionality of almost every component of the site. The only reason that I didn't give 5 stars for 'support' is because the online chat is gone. I used to be able to chat with someone in real time but now there is never anyone available. I do always get a response but it is the form of an email and it's the next day. Sometimes, i have a quick question like, "I can't find XYZ.html and i want to edit it." The support staff is good though. I would not have my site without them They really taught me a lot about how this software works so that I can do things for myself.

Pros

Flexible. Good price.

Cons

Can't think of one.

LORRAINE