All Afterpay Reviews

Ryan

A Must-Have for the Gen-Z shopper

PROS

it allows people to pay over time which drastically increases sales

CONS

the admin page of afterpay is limited and doesn’t allow for many things but the new UI looks promising

Niko

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Afterpay Review

Amazing!

PROS

The ease of use and integration is what we like and appreciate most about Afterpay. It is critical for payment processing to be as simple as possible for customers in 2022.

CONS

The reporting and administrative portals could be better. Would like to see a more comprehensive dashboard of sales and analytics.

Reason for choosing Afterpay

Pricing, customer service, and ease of use/integration.

Timothy

Music, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Customer service for refund and cancelation sucks

I book a hote with Afterpay using Expedia But then realized i had the wrong date but my first installment when out for the pay by 4 so me and Expedia call the hotel to cancel the date and Expedia refund me my money only to Afterpay withdraw after i show proof of cancelation and Afterpay penalties me for none payment and told we get back to you over a month ago

PROS

Mostly everything unti i had a refund and cancelation

CONS

Refund and cancelation suck no one to talk to

Sara

Consumer Goods, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Love Afterpay - great offering for our customers!

PROS

Our customers love the flexibility of afterpay's services

CONS

fees for brands can be a bit high compared to other payment processors

Reason for choosing Afterpay

Afterpay had a better reputation in my industry

Candace

Apparel & Fashion, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2021

My customers LOVE Afterpay!

PROS

Afterpay has been a huge help in growing my AOV! My customers love how easy it is to use and how it makes a new wardrobe affordable!

CONS

Reporting could be more extensive. I feel the merchant backend is lacking in features

Reasons for switching to Afterpay

Sezzle made some major mistakes on the customers payments. Unacceptable.

Atoya

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Unsatisfactory

Absolutely horrible. This is prob one of the worse companies advertised right now.

PROS

Nothing. I likes absolutely nothing about this company so far.

CONS

There is no customer service. You reach out to speak to someone and it’s a robotic response. No customer service number to talk to anyone just weeks and weeks waiting on some kind of response and still nothing. It’s absolutely ridiculous!

Reasons for switching to Afterpay

I thought I was switching for the better but apparently this company is trash.

Kaelia

Apparel & Fashion, 1 employee

Love it

My overall experience has been amazing, I’ve increased sales and order size

PROS

Afterpay has increased sales and helped our customers order more at once. It is user friendly and easy to instal

CONS

There isn’t really anything I feel is lacking

Reason for choosing Afterpay

I chose afterpay because it was quicker to be approved

Nicolas

Retail, 11-50 employees

Afterpay Review

PROS

The process to integrate into Shopify was very easy and they had a great on-boarding process.

CONS

There is no API connections on the back end to bring in payments into my ERP system to reconcile which was disappointing.

Reason for choosing Afterpay

They seemed to be first to market. The reviews looked good. They had been reaching out to me initially and other competitors in our space were using them over the other competitors.

Marcia

Set it and Forget it!

Customer service made setup quick and easy and once you set it, you can forget it. It’s been working seamlessly since installation.

PROS

I love that many customers already know and trust Afterpay.

CONS

I was not able to fully implement the software on my website by myself but customer service made the process quick and easy

Reason for choosing Afterpay

I felt AfterPay was the most notable and trusted option.

Pololani

E-Learning, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2023

A Great Way to Buy Now and Pay Later

I enjoy using Afterpay for both personal and business and will continue to use this software.

PROS

I like that AfterPay is user-friendly inside the app when shopping and looking for stores. Putting all their available stores in categories makes it easy to navigate through and there is a variety of stores. Anyone can find a store to shop at. I like that they offer in-app and in-store options and I like that they have a rewards program.

CONS

The speed of the app when going from store to store or category to category can improve. It is way too slow and very frustrating. I get impatient most of the time I am in the app and start clicking everywhere because nothing is happening and when it finally wants to wake up and go it clicks me everywhere I clicked except for the intended location. That is my only complaint about this softwarde.

Sara

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

There is ZERO customer support

PROS

I like what the actual product is and it’s ability to provide customers with an additional payment option

CONS

I cannot get in touch with anyone that will help us. We have been trying to get on their catalog and participate in Afterpay day and other promos for the last 2-3 years, we were directed to marketing and told to upload our assets, we did that and nothing happened, then we sent them several emails, never heard back, emailed multiple different areas to find out the status, nothing, no response. To date we have never heard back or been added to to the catalog and can’t participate in their promos.

Sahar

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

AfterPay increases cart values

We run on Shopify making our integration with the app basically a plug-and-play experience. It took us at most 2 days to get running with their system.

PROS

AfterPay allows customers to purchase what they want, when they want, without waiting for their next pay period. The payment processing system has increased our total cart value. AfterPay has become a great way for our wholesale clients to put only 25% down on their large purchases and by the time they have re-sold our products, they can easily pay off their balances early with AfterPay.

CONS

Customers have mentioned that they wish AfterPay was more widely accepted at all retailers. AfterPay's customer profiles and analytics could be a lot stronger in the dashboard. We would love to know more about our customer's shopping habits, likes, and dislikes. We also have customers who were gladly accepted by Klarna (their competitor), but they can't make a single AfterPay purchase.

Reason for choosing Afterpay

AfterPay has stronger brand name recognition.

Ashley

Best Hands Down

PROS

I love how easy it is to purchase and as an owner the payout takes no time to get into my account

CONS

Getting in touch with customer service. I dont like that I cant call anyone to talk to about issues I may be having.

The longest running

Sol

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Amazing application, increases sales

Amazing

PROS

Trust for our customer, its amazing how customer relate with afterpay and also with the afterpay store directory

CONS

some customers confuse but overall its great

Reasons for switching to Afterpay

More trust for customers with AfterPay

Drew

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Solid product, easy to setup

Providing customers with an easier way to pay; opening up our brand to new customers

PROS

Ease of setup, ease of customer use; brings new customers into our brand

CONS

Nothing, pretty straightforward. Reconciliations with all payment methods take time, but it's worse than anything else we have.

Ease of setup

Cecilia

Consumer Goods, 1 employee

Love love love it!

I really enjoy using Afterpay. When I was first looking into it I wasn’t sure if it was the right fit for my website but I’m so glad I’ve implemented it as a payment option on my website.

PROS

Afterpay has allowed me to offer my customers and easy way pay in payments without my shop being in charge of taking payments and worrying about payments.

CONS

There’s nothing that I particularly don’t enjoy about using Afterpay on my shop.

Debra

Retail, 1 employee

Afterpay - The Original The Best

PROS

Afterpay team was exceptional in getting me started. Business model was the first before any of the others. They are used by high end boutiques and companies and are well respected and recognized. They are reasonably priced and people use them all the time. Their directory spotlights my company and is always recommending me on their list. I get many referrals from their directory. It's a winner company.

CONS

No real cons, but I did think their original color for their logo was prettier than the light mint green they switched to, but that's just me.

Reason for choosing Afterpay

Best reputation in the industry of partial payments.

Evangeline