BigCommerce Software Reviews

BigCommerce Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"I liked the ease of customization and the large amount of standard features. Their integration with online marketplaces and social media really saves a lot of time."
  • icon"BigCommerce is a dedicated ecommerce platform and is thus very suited for any store from simple to sophisticated."
  • icon"I like that this software is easy to use and all the features for listing your products are wonderful."
  • icon"Initial setup can be confusing, especially when new to e-commerce and knowing how to tell it to calculate tax, shipping, etc."
  • icon"I struggle to make changes to the content of the site, it's hard to find various sections (eg the header, footer etc) in order to make the changes I want to make."

All BigCommerce Reviews

Daniel Alejandro

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Bigcommerce good for e-commerce store

Micah

November 2022

BigCommerce has made my online business possible

Overall I have had a great experience. When I had some integration issues with my payment processor, they were easy to chat with and very helpful.

Pros

I like that it helps my small business look bigger. It’s easy to navigate and use on a daily basis.

Cons

There are only a handful of Free templates so many sites look similar.

Amadou saikou

BigCommerce

BigCommerce e-commerce software that I highly recommend

Pros

This is the third (3erm) year that my BigCommerce store is still generating sales for me, this software is good

Cons

Honestly, I have been using this software for 3 years without any problem

Max

Terrific admin UI and purchaser experience - BigCommerce will not fix bugs customers find

The software has been solid for our customers and the administration UI is very easy to use. We have outstanding technical issues that have been open for more than a year and are still not resolved (HTTP status 500 errors that intermittently are returned from their backend APIs) - they say they cannot see the errors in their backend logs and we must send them examples even though we have this happen 10-12 times a day, continually, for over a year. Their Stripe integration does not include the email address field when they send payment requests to Stripe, so customers do not get a credit card receipt from Stripe. Requesting this be changed resulted in them telling us only 1 other customer wanted this feature and that we should switch to Authorize or Brain Tree because it works with those processors) - this felt like a move to downplay the use of Stripe and push us towards vendors that BigCommerce perhaps prefers? It is hard to believe we are the only customer that would want Stripe to send CC receipts to customers - their built-in receipt mechanism does not allow a store to include the last 4 digits of the credit card in the receipt the store sends, which means customers have to call in to customer support when they are organizational customers to figure out which CC is used - a very poor experience for our customers and for our customer support team.

Pros

It is highly customizable, has most of the features you'd expect in an e-commerce solution, and the APIs are well-documented.

Cons

* Seemingly easy solutions to known issues get stuck in their support bureaucracy and disappear * Their logging does not allow software engineers nor CSRs to see the specifics of errors - customers must provide client-side stack traces to help them find errors on their backend (for example, API calls that return HTTP status 500)

Reasons for choosing BigCommerce

Was chosen before I joined the company.

Jason

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

July 2022

An outstanding ecommerce platform with great pricing and an amazing quality

Pros

The platform is easy to use, and non-trained or non-technical users are able to use the platform. Comes in a very good pricing structure which is appealing to small and medium-sized businesses. Great website builder and CMS, perfect for creating products and product categories and managing SKUs. Order management, payment processing, shipping and taxation are very straightforward and useful for users. The platform is highly customizable and is one of the best eCommerce platforms in the market.

Cons

The pricing for the platform is great but every add-on or plugin is paid which adds a huge cost for businesses as they expand, which makes them almost pay the same amount as other eCommerce platforms. Reporting and analytics are very basic, and not customizable as per analyst standards. Changing themes or anything within the backend requires expertise in HTML/CSS.

Gnankoye

BigCommerce e-commerce software

BigCommerce is software that I highly recommend for all e-merchants who want to create electronic store

Pros

Thank you BigCommerce for helping me launch my very first online store. I am very grateful to the developers of this software.

Cons

To be honest, I was new to e-commerce but with BigCommerce I was able to create my store without any problem

Henriette

BigCommerce

BigCommerce super nice software to create your e-commerce store easily

Pros

Thank you BigCommerce for allowing me to create my e-commerce store that brings me customers every day. Best e-commerce software

Cons

I have never had a problem with BigCommerce since I launched my store on this software

Ibrahima Sory

BigCommerce

BigCommerce is a very good e-commerce software that I recommend

Pros

BigCommerce is very effective in e-commerce, it is a good software in the creation of its online store. Mobile Access is very good

Cons

I personally have never had a problem with BigCommerce until now

Tom

Industry: Building Materials

Big Commerce Web Development E-Commere

All-in-all, BigCommerce is fairly easy to use and I am happy with the template selection. But, the key is some of the plug-ins like Shogun.

Pros

Once I got the hang of using plug-in software like ShoGun for landing page development, BigCommerce became pretty easy to use.

Cons

The software is not as customizable as I would like. I wanted to add size selection to a base item. But, instead, I had to list multiple size variations of the same product color.

Reasons for choosing BigCommerce

It was more economical and seemed like a simpler solution when we purchased it.

Reasons for switching to BigCommerce

BigCommerce is a mo0re robust solution for B2B e-commerce sites.

Bintou

BigCommerce

BigCommerce is very ideal to create its electronic store and very easy to use with the faster payment

Pros

This is the first software where I created my very first e-commerce store when I was struggling, and until now I receive impressive orders

Cons

I've been using BigCommerce for several years now but I still haven't had any problem without lying

Luis armando

Industry: International Trade and Development

Comercio electrónico

Muy satisfactoria recomendacion promedio de uso

Pros

Las ventajas.competitivas herramientos para el.comercio electronico.internacional diseño de páginas y ventas online

Cons

Problemas seguridad datos y complejidad.en la implementación

alexandra

November 2022

BigCommerce una de las mejores soluciones para el comercio electrónico

Me recomendaron usar BigCommerce para mi nuevo proyecto de ecommerce, y hace 8 meses que llevo probándola y estoy muy contenta con mi decisión. La gestión de mi tienda a sido muy fácil y los resultados de las conversiones han sido positivas. Incluso he pensado en usar BigCommerce para futuros proyectos propios y de clientes.

Pros

BigCommerce ofrece la posibilidad de crear tiendas en línea con un estilo profesional y sin muchas complicaciones. Los productos se muestran correctamente, el gestor de inventario va de maravilla y el carrito de compras es eficiente. Además, Los procesos de pagos son muy seguros e incluyen las pasarelas de pagos de mayor confiabilidad del mercado.

Cons

Podrían mejorar un poco más en la parte del diseño de las tiendas y su adaptabilidad a diferentes dispositivos. Por lo demás, va muy bien.

Jackie

April 2022

Happy over-all.

Over all I am happy with BigCommerce.

Pros

I like the store I created. I like the creative freedoms in BigCommerce. I find my way around easily. I like that I could use Quickbooks to process payments. At the time I started my online store that was not possible with Shopify.

Cons

You should be able to add locations to invoices. I don't print packing slips, just the invoices. I have to hand write the locations on the invoice for the person pulling items for the order. I wish I could sort the order of the items and have it stay that way! It takes a bit of time for the average Joe to learn their way around on BigCommerce. Once I got past the learning curve it became quite comfortable.

Reasons for choosing BigCommerce

Because I wanted to integrate the payments with Quickbooks.

Reasons for switching to BigCommerce

OpenCart was very limited in its functions.

Justin

TYLER'S x BigCommerce

BigCommerce has been absolutely phenomenal. We're glad to be based in Austin, Texas alongside some of the BigCommerce team. Their support staff has been instrumental in our ability to adjust when a problem arises, and find a long term solution to ensure our ongoing success.

Pros

BigCommerce has developed a simplistic software that's allowing small and mid size companies to maneuver at scale. We've been able to learn and adapt new strategies as their team continues to open new capabilities to developers and as they push development in their app market. Fast and reliable apps will be key to building and maintaining the next evolution of ecommerce businesses and having that infrastructure in place will be pivotal in the years to come.

Cons

When we teamed up with BigCommerce, they were a newer competitor in the market. Some similar companies were able to offer functionalities that were limiting to our initial growth through ecommerce. Being a brick and mortar based business since 1978, we had a multitude of functionalities needed to keep up with our physical locations. Although they couldn't offer these features out of the gate, they were quick to get them implemented and worked closely with us to resolve our issues.

Reasons for switching to BigCommerce

The functionalities that BigCommerce was developing allowed us to run a more lean and smooth operation while still ensuring we offered the best customer experience possible. As a SMB, maintaining our operational standards at scale is priority. We don't want to leave our loyal customers behind as we continue to grow. BigCommerce was a decisive choice to ensure we maintain that standard.

Margaret

Great e-commmerce platform if you can't afford custom designs but have a large inventory of products

The company I worked for had a B2B e-commerce website, but wanted to start a second e-commerce site that was more B2C focused since the clientele had different needs, and the B2B site was not set up to accommodate all the new B2C business. We were able to set it up quickly and provide accurate shipping costs and product option costs.

Pros

I loved the versatility available for building product pages, being able to set it up so pricing adjusts automatically for different product options, and the import/export functions to update large inventories via Excel documents instead of manually editing within the web app.

Cons

Initial setup can be confusing, especially when new to e-commerce and knowing how to tell it to calculate tax, shipping, etc. Their customer service is great though, so if you're confused about a setting you can call and talk to someone very quickly. I rarely ever waited more than 5 minutes to talk to a rep.

Reasons for choosing BigCommerce

We ultimately chose BigCommerce because of the affordable yearly costs to own for our projected business size, and the in-depth setup options. The company was also looking to open a second location which would complicate shipping and tax implications, so BigCommerce was the best value for the functionality available.

Reasons for switching to BigCommerce

We needed an easy to manage platform that all departments could easily learn, and one where we would not need a developer to manage the setup, design, etc. Ultimately we switched because Volusion could not support a product page with a large variety and combination of options. Even after speaking with a technical rep at Volusion, they said that based on all of possible combinations created based on the size, price, and color options we had for a single product that it would overload and freeze the system.