CS-Cart Software Reviews

CS-Cart Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2020

Find out more:

• icon"We have ask them how they feel about the latest version of cscart and they just love how friendly it really is. It has a lot of options to customise it any way you want."
  • icon"Most important, it is a Licensed eCommerce software easy to install on a dedicated server, or in a shared hosting environment."
  • icon"Easy to use, fully function of e-commerce, speed good, fully seo for Google. Easy to customizable for developer."
  • icon"In the early years the upgrades were somehow painful but these evolved enormously in recent years and not it's a breathe."
  • icon"Not for all languages but can self-translate. Not a lot of users in my country so some modules are missing."
  • icon"A few things that annoying me is setting for the product features, product filters. It does not update newly added product or category automatically."

All CS-Cart Reviews

Frank

CS-Cart

Great visibility on Google because the rich content provided in this software.

Pros

Once you learn all that this software can do you will be very pleased. CS-Cart has provided so many how-to vids to help you along.

Cons

Very little to say negative because they've been so much better in the communication with me. This software was created in Russia and the time difference can be a little difficult at times. I will say in the past year I never wait for more than 24 hrs for a response.

Patrick

Easy to use eCommerce software, value for money and good technical support.

I have tried other eCommerce programs, but none compare to CS Cart for ease of use, value for money and support. Excellent.

Pros

CS Cart is very straight forward to use, and offers a plethora of features to sell products on the web. We were able to integrate it into our bespoke stock control system so that stock levels online were synced. The product entry scheme is very detailed . You can tailor the features to suit the requirements of the items that are listed. You can combine products, or list matching products. Products are organised into categories on the website, and this process also offers many possiblities to make things easier for site visitors. The administration panels has a promotions section to tailor offers on specific products at specific times, so you can plan your marketing ahead of time. You can also do promotions to your existing customers, or types of customers. The administration panel allows you to design you pages. The format is based on blocks and banners, and is really easy to configure. CS Cart also allows you to offer more than one payment provider so your customers have a choice. There is a SEO section to help you get to the top of the rankings. There is a comprehensive set of reports for dealing with orders when they come flooding in. Each report can be configured with you company logo, and you can keep your customers updated with emailed reports Simple! If all these details are not enough, then you can access the thriving community of add on developers who have added even more functionality to the core program. What is not to like. Finally, if you are like me and not too confident on the technical side, then CS Cart has a great customer support section. Polite, prompt and very very helpful if you are in trouble. They don't make you feel stupid, they explain and fix the problem quickly.

Cons

I would like to see more features on the mobile site. The numbers accessing my site by phone is increasing quickly, and I would like to offer more options for these customers,

I wish we would've gone magento!

Most of our problems with CS-Cart revolve around their failed update system, or system breaking updates, bad internal policies, and poor customer support. When it comes to using the software, it serves its purpose mostly, for transactional use, but at least on the version we got stuck at, forget about REPORTS! The reports system is so unwieldy you can't get any useful data from it at all. We've had to develop custom addons to generate good reports as our customers truly despise cs-carts built-in reports system. In fact, we've had to develop a lot of different plugins just to compensate for the lack in natural functionality of cs-cart (again, at least for the version we got stuck at due to their failing update routines). We are already redeveloping our 8 years of add-ons (as needed) in magento as our customers have had it with cs-cart (and frankly, our developers as well). So we've lost our butts here, I wish Magento was in a better position 9 years ago when we had to make a decision on modern ecommerce software package as our base. Save yourself the headache, choose another software, gotta be plenty of better options!

Pros

The software has pretty good hooks, and is written in a standard enough way that any developer can modify it with addons to your needs. But thats about the only praise I can muster.

Cons

* Their update routine is downright awful. We have 4 different shops using this software, all of which got stuck on old versions due to their update routine failing without error message. Their support refuses to assist without ACCESS to the server, which by contract we cannot give. We're professionals, they can easily give us troubleshooting tips to help guide us toward fixing their mess, but nope, nothing. Bare in mind, 4 different servers, with different configurations. * Their support is slow to response, and often responds with very unuseful comments, so each time back and forth takes way too long when your shop is in peril. * Their refund policies (which is to say, there are no refunds) are nothing short of thievery. While we paid to upgrade licenses, we never got the upgrades due to the failure of the software to complete the update. They refuse to refund when they also refused to offer support beyond "give us your server logins". Very unethical companyn! * The software is prone to hackers with not very proactive effort on cs-cart's part. They react to the problem, and to their credit, at least they offer a way to PATCH with instructions as opposed to ONLY their update routine. We would've been forced out of their software long ago if they didn't do this, so we are grateful for the patch and disclosure on the security problems they do discover (but again, its after their customers were hacked, they should be doing proactive S&D)

Isa

After using many carts CS Cart became the final destination, 10 years and running!

CS Cart rocks! You don't need anything else

Pros

Firstly, value for money. As a small business owner we needed functionality within a reasonable price point. CS Cart was the most viable option with the right mixture of features and purchase price. Also not a subscription based cart which gives us ownership and the much needed flexibility. Then the functionality.... where to start! The layout, both back and front end, are so smooth and very user friendly. Built-in themes are suitable for most users I'm sure, but there are also developers who make exceptional themes. The site is also mobile friendly and adapts well to mobile screens. Then the back-end options are really flexible, we could customise our country options, which is great not being in a majour country. Drag and drop customising of pages makes it so easy to setup pages with no experience. The script is responsive and not as many bugs as I've seen in other cart software. Easy integration with Paypal (which is what we use) or so many others I see available for processing in the built-in list. And the customer support !!!!!!!!!!!!! THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!! Super fast and responsive. I try to model our support after seeing theirs. That makes owning this software feel even more secure, that rock solid support that there when you need it. Even for their support alone, cs cart is worth it. They customised the script to meet our needs. 11 stars for support. Added on to support is their extensive knowledge base documentation...which is all I need to refer to for most issues. Detailed and relevant, like an encyclopedia All in all I'd definitely recommend the company and the product!

Cons

Not many or majour at all. Mostly they focus on developing the core product, but not on the little things that sometimes make a big difference, then the developers make an add-on for it and you got to buy it. For eg. a button to scroll to the top of the page, or make the checkout page a single screen. It would be great to dedicate some time to these smaller elements as well. And then we sell alot of services (document print & copy centre), and the software isn't as friendly to setup for selling services as it is to selling physical products. So we had to get creative in making the product page layout more to what we'd prefer.

Ioannis

The best eshop platform with ease of use!

This is a great and secure platform with great support in an affordable price.

Pros

CsCart is very easy to install and easy to use. We have been using the product for more than 10 years now and we have no problems with it. Our customers also like the admin section which is actually way more easy to use than other open source platforms. We have ask them how they feel about the latest version of cscart and they just love how friendly it really is. It has a lot of options to customise it any way you want. You can also customize the look of it by altering the theme/skin of the platform very easily. It has a lot of good addons and it provides language addition with the click of a button. It is definitely the best multilingual option out there. Support is also exceptional. Any issue we ever had it was solved within 24 hours and all help was very detailed and prompt. Most importantly the software is very secure. We had issues with open source platforms before which require a lot of upgrades almost every month. CsCart is very serious about security upgrades and we get notified every time there is and issue given all appropriate directions on how to patch and just secure the platform. If you need a security patch the cscart team is sending out an email notice with a patch addon which you can install with just one click without having to alter code. This is very convenient if a user/developer or owner has many platforms installed. Overall this is an exceptional product which we would recommend to anyone is looking for an affordable eshop platform with lots of options, addons and great support.

Cons

There is room for improvement in the layout configuration section but so far we have no complain about configuring cscart.

Nikolai

I've been using CS-Cart for 9 years and with 3 stores, I'm perfectly happy with it

I've been using CS-Cart since 2010,starting with a small local website. It's still live (version 3.х) and kicking. Then I've started my first international website,worked well until we closed the business. My current top store is probably the top in the country, and it's also doing well in the region and even, occasionally, finding a place across Europe (with the UK online stores domination, it's not easy, considering main language differences). Apart from the occasional lack of some specific functionality of some third-party add-on, I've been perfectly happy with CS-Cart. I only wish they could add some functions in the base software or as in-house add-ons (preorder functionality,for example, can be improved a bit).

Pros

Great for SEO, I've been ranking any of my websites higher than competitors Really easy to build the base layout of the store with categories, subcategories, using product filters, etc. Great out of the box functionality Plenty of add-ons (paid and free) Flexible front end design Semi-lightweight (could be better, not a wordpress level of light yet)

Cons

Lack of some local integrations (like couriers or payment systems), you have to pay someone to do these Some third party add-ons are not great, and their support can be less than stellar Upgrades are resource intensive and you might need to contact your server support, sometimes to no avail

The Best Option

I have worked with your products for ten years. I have two websites, one with CS-CART standard and another with MULTI-VENDOR PLUS. I own the two sites and I think that without their software and facilities that allow them to position themselves well within SEO, I would have had to pay a lot of money in ads. I'm not a developer, but I can do the simple modifications myself. Furthermore, the ease of making modifications according to my requirements has allowed me to have a completely personalized site without losing my wallet in the attempt, because I get good developers willing to work, with very affordable prices. I am in South America so I do not speak English or Russian well, but that has not been an impediment to achieve excellent results.

Pros

The cost-benefit ratio. Maybe you can find other better alternatives, but you will have to leave all your profits in maintaining the site. And if you have a small business, with less than 20 employees, you can not afford those luxuries.

Cons

That in the updates normally the developers change the software core forcing to pay more money when they have to be done.

CS-Cart Excellent website software

Overall I would completely recommend CS cart to anyone trying to start a web business. I highly recommend simtech to handle all your server requirements.

Pros

CS-Cart is extremely easy to use. It is a fully-featured web shopping cart with tons of add-ons and potential. I've been using cs-cart for more than 12 years and would not switch to anything. The product is very reasonably priced for the future set.

Cons

I really haven't had any problems with the software.the few problems that I have had over the years were actually configuration errors on my part.

Craig

Great product backed by fast and accurate support

Brilliant. Stable powerful platform with great addons!

Pros

The support guys are fast and efficient. I am not a coder and needed a huge learning curve to get my head around this. These guys helped out in more ways than they can know. Well done

Cons

Need to know extensively about coding. Not able to upgrade due to too many modified codes, so new features etc. do not apply to me. That is really sad...

Gabriel

Industry: Environmental Services

perfect cms and shopping cart

Without cs-cart, I have to manually modify every page, one by one....tested lot of cms system....no one is like cs-cart....the same with shopping carts i have tested....no one have options you will find in cs-cart.

Pros

I really like this software to manage web pages in an easy way, very easy to updates pages, enable and disable blocks....in a few clicks can change pages...all pages in creating with cs-cart are responsive....we are starting to insert products to be selling in our site...very flexible with lot of options for our products.....

Cons

At the moment...not have any complaints

Yinka

Cs Cart Multivendor: Best ecommerce tool ever

Pros

My company has been using Cs cart Multivendor for over 4 year now and the experience we had with it has been an awesome one. very friendly and easy to use platform. One of the important thing that I cannot missed to say is that user can use this platform without any guide as they have made everything easy for all their users. To upload, update, activate and disable is very easy to on cs cart. Also to register vendor, set up vendor plan, approve vendor, deactivate vendor and the management of vendor is very easy. The most advantage of using cs cart is that there is development (test unit) to test any of the changes you intend to make on the life unit. This will enable you to get your website up running at all time as without any error. Their support is vert efficient as they are ready at anytime to work on any request submitted by their user.

Cons

Cs cart should provide user guide for our vendor to upload their product.

Joy

Lightning fast ecommerce platform

Overall we are very happy with it and the support is great and developers are pretty easy to communicate with through the forums.

Pros

We have been using CS-Cart for 3 years now and I can't stress enough how fast and stable it is. Everyone told us we should be on Magento 2, so we jumped on the bandwagon and thought it was a good idea too. About about year ago we started the migration to Magento 2. Mostly due to the lack of plugins for the Dutch market. That periode we truly started to appreciate CS-Cart and after struggling for months in a staging environment we decided to fully focus on CS-Cart instead and get choose professional CS-Cart partners and get anything missing custom developed. One of our websites is https://www.dronekenner.nl In the meanwhile CS-Cart is getting more and more advanced from stock so less need for plugins

Cons

There are not many companies in Holland with default CS-Cart plugins. Fortunately everything can get custom developed with the API.

Jack

Amazing online shopping cart software

Pros

I need to say that CS cart help me a lot on my online business. Easy to use No matter you are a newer to online shopping cart or a skilled user, it is easy to get on hand. Develop own feature You can develop your own web feature at any time. And it is quite easy to write code and make changes. Perfect SEO frame I think SEO issue is a big problem for every online shopping cart, but CS-Cart gives you a solution. Amazing customer service Every time you have a problem, you can talk to them, a quick response. Also, you can go to the forum to communicate with other users. Actually, you can go for other online shopping cart but CS cart is the one who informs you that there is a new issue may affect your site, and meanwhile, they bring a solution to you.

Cons

You have to pick up the right host in order to run CScart. I personally suggest CS cart TO optimize the product variation part, because i think it can be easier.

Tom

Comparing CS-CART to Other E-commerce Platforms

CS-CART developers should improve caching mechanism to support very large shopping carts, especially with mega-menu interfaces. Security will be more and more critical. Thank you for all your great work!

Pros

CS-CART is very solid E-commerce platform, and outstanding technical support people behind it. Most important, it is a Licensed eCommerce software easy to install on a dedicated server, or in a shared hosting environment. Most of the shopping carts are "Hosted" solutions we wanted to avoid when we considered the best platform for our business. The cart can provides useful built-in add-ons and important functionalities.

Cons

Honestly, can't name anything. Considering that speed is critical, we are only concerned with caching mechanism and optimal hosting environment parameters that not easy to determine if you are not an expert. The shopping cart needs some learning curve as well for many users. There is no AI voice yet, to say "do this" and "do that", and it follows your command. :)

Philip