All Ecwid Reviews

Ecwid Review: Would not recommend for customer support

Santiago

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Simple, useful and powerful, the best for E-commerce.

One of the things that constantly worried us was the integration with our header site, with Ecwid we have successfully and in record time, integrate without difficulty or additional payments what our store needed. Besides, we get a complete platform to enhance our products to other business niches, participating in social networks with the full support they put at their disposal. Another solution, is that similar platforms like Shopify, offer you a service but you make constant payments of everything you use, if something comes out you should also pay for it, it's one of the things that makes us bet on Ecwid, because it does not have small letters, It is direct to what you need without tricks or additional payments outside the agreed upon. Thus, we have saved money that we end up investing in other needs of the company, or for the purchase of other exclusive products.

PROS

One of the things that I like most, is the simplicity that they offer to all their clients, it is one of those platforms that allow you to venture into e-commerce, without the worry of going through long training processes, it is as simple as register and start uploading all the products you have available to the platform. It is a platform that does not abandon you in the sales process, on the contrary, it puts at your disposal all the available channels so you can increase your sales. Another thing that I like, is to be able to reach new niche markets with integrated tools, you can create stores on Facebook and Instagram without difficulty, always with the Ecwid platform. Also, I liked how easy it is to integrate with WordPress, just install a plugin within the panel and voila, you can immediately publish your products.

CONS

I have been using Shopify for years, and I can say with responsibility, that Ecwid is the rival that in a short time will give a surprise to the world of E-commerce, I have no negative aspects to identify so far, on the contrary, it is simpler and more intuitive than its Shopify, a platform that causes a lot of headaches for many reasons.

Ricky

Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2020

Perfect E-commerce Solution For Those On A Budget

Overall my experience with Ecwid has been a favorable one. The software has allowed me to integrate the platform into Wordpress themes and social media pages, giving me a well rounded solution for my e-commerce needs.

PROS

What I liked most about this software is that it’s perfect for those wanting to setup an online shop but are limited with their budget or currently don’t have the necessary funds to support a month to month plan offered by many other e-commerce solutions.

CONS

What I liked least about this software is the lack of video tutorials and training available to consumers as compared to other major e-commerce platforms.

Reason for choosing Ecwid

I chose Ecwid over these other alternative products simply because of its free pricing schedule and the fact that along with being free it also offered many of the same features as its competitors.

alexander

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2022

Login by password not available anymore

They decided to just turn off the login by password causing the most important features on my webshop to stop working, 2000 customers are not able to login anymore. Thank you very much!

PROS

I used ecwid for over 6 years and it worked fine until they turned of the login by password

Francois

Biotechnology, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Best eCommerce solution

The features it offers are exceptional, their support is fantastic and overall the best solution out there!

PROS

Extremely easy to set up your ecommerce site, user friendly and feature rich! After investigating several other solutions, ecwid is by FAR the best of the best!!

CONS

Absolutely nothing! Compared to other product, I have absolutely nothing that I would say is a con for using this software!

Reason for choosing Ecwid

Best looking, best features, best support and best price.

Markus

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2020

Good for starters

Easy to use shop software, also the implementation on the website is done in no time. Overall a good software.

PROS

There is a free plan up to 10 products. Compared to others you do not have to spent a lot of money if you only start with some products to test the market.

CONS

A 360° product player is on their market platform only available for a super expensive price (USD 100 per month)...

Reason for choosing Ecwid

Because they have a free plan up to 10 products. This is great for starters with only a hand full of products until you see that you are able to sell.

Zaheeda Duduzile

Reviewed January 2024

Everything is MANUAL INPUT, they don't have basics

PROS

Support is the only positive thing, they write the code you need for you. But it's unfortunate that simple things need code to begin with

CONS

I'm still not understanding why images are not responsive, can't choose different images for Desktop vs Mobile, Can't change the appearance of Size Buttons etc, Can't choose to show featured items as a Carousel only grid or full image. You have to CODE all of these simple things. The things I ask about are things that Shopify already has on their CHEAPEST subscription. I wanted to use Ecwid because it's cheaper, but really it's not. To match the cheapest Shopify I have to take Ecwid's most Expensive plan - and still it doesn't come near what Basic Shopify offers. I tried using Ecwid in 2021 and everything was manual - it's THREE YEARS later and nothing has changed everything is still MANUAL.

Reasons for switching to Ecwid

I'm going back! I thought Ecwid was more cost effective, but it's just inconvenient - nothing more.

Dagmar

Research, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

PROS

Easy to use, I was able to connect to a South African Payment Gateway, one of the biggest challenges if selecting a shopping cart software. Quick to add to our website, easy to add new products, add discount codes. the only challenge my clients have is to find the button where to add the discount code.

CONS

The only challenges my clients have is to find the button where to add the discount code.

I think I was not able to use a South African payment gateway

Ron'Jent

Reviewed February 2021

Best Choice for Me

I am enjoying this program and hope that my business grows to afford more services

PROS

Set up was easy, design was easy, EASY!!

CONS

More free content or more content per level for first tier of payment.

Reason for choosing Ecwid

Free account regardless. Easy development, easy execution. Less fees.

Jill

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2020

Awesome Software - easy to use

PROS

I found the software easy to set up and add to my Wordpress site

CONS

No complaints about the software. I am about to do a complete overhaul of my shopping cart. I will continue to use the software.

Reason for choosing Ecwid

It was recommended and the pricing structure seemed right for me.

Adela

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2023

Its an excellent platform

Since I started using Ecwid my work has been simplified, everything has been more organized, I have data from all my clients. What I can say is that my business has benefited.

PROS

It makes your work more practical, less time consuming and more organized, customer service always help you in any need.

CONS

It can be a little expensive, but putting everything on a scale I feel it's worth it.

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2017

Ecwid and their blog posts have provided the platform and training to be effective and competent.

The Ecwid platform is easy to use on the day-to-day business end of things. It is also quite adaptable to custom tweaks, most of them being for free, but some major tweaks can be made through their development team. I am continuing to use Ecwid, and hope to be using it for some time into the future.

PROS

The Ecwid online store gives me the ability to sell my product to both the USA market and also to the global market. Custom development helped me set up tracking the amount in my limited USA inventory as well as sell from the relatively unlimited inventory drop shipped from New Zealand. Ecwid helped set up a subdomain of my own domain name to point to their Starter Site. The Starter Site is currently hosted on Amazon's servers while my website is hosted on another server. ~~~~ Ecwid's blogs have guided me systematically through both the steps necessary to utilize fully their store platform, but also the particulars of running a small online business. (payment setup, LLC's, Instagram photo Apps, Google Shopping, Google AdWords, how to find legal advice and tax advice, to name a few)

CONS

I can only find one bugaboo with the software platform: Since my shipping comes from two sources, I do not use an Ecwid sponsored shipping App but the USPS Click-'N-Ship website itself to generate labels. The tracking numbers copy/pasted into Ecwid for the USPS shipments have not yet been clickable to the USPS.com website for the customers to see the progress of their orders. Of course, the NZ orders come by First Class mail, so they naturally do not have tracking but only dispatch dates which I also copy/paste to customers. ~~~~ Not sure if it is because I am fully up and running the online business with the Ecwid Store, or there has been an actual drop in the amount of work on the part of Ecwid to provide me with helps, tips and business advice through their blog posts. But I have noticed a marked decline in the once plethora of insightful help the Ecwid blogs had been providing me. ~~~~ All in all, I am quite happy with what Ecwid provides in both the store software platform and with their blogs in the help in getting me up and running.

Angel

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2022

An integrated and secure system to enable everyone to trade online with ease

Ecwid has simplified all stages of publishing products, receiving orders and payments with ease and efficiency, and has enabled us to continue adding new products as well as smoothly modifying designs, images and accompanying information. Indeed, Ecwid and through its amazing capabilities enabled us to own an outstanding online store and helped us expand our customer base and increase sales as well.

PROS

I really appreciate how simple Ecwid is and how quickly you learn the right way to use it effectively. Ecwid enables us to create an integrated online store, and also provides a large number of suggestions and templates to enable the user to design his store in the appropriate manner, so that he can add images, information, contact data, product prices and payment methods, in addition to the facilities it provides to store customers during their purchases. . Indeed, with Ecwid and at the appropriate prices for the services it provides, users can develop their online stores without the need to use programming consultants or help applications, as the support provided by Ecwid will help to overcome any problem that users may face at all stages.

CONS

I haven't experienced any distasteful things regarding its great potential to help set up online stores with minimal costs. But when we need to integrate it with one of the marketing platforms, we find it difficult and we need to complete this process for auxiliary applications, which becomes costly. I want improvements in this area so that we can market our store properly and at a low cost.

Shakthivijayan

Medical Devices, 2-10 employees

A very good E-commerce platform

I am able to get all my orders on one platform. I can track my customers later.

PROS

Easy to use. The free store option is possible for life long if you have got less than ten products. This free feature nobody offers. Customer service is very good. We can customize the software with a price though. There are additional apps to help us with a few things. I am satisfied with the software even though it's not 100% perfect. That's only because of the nature of business changes for every company.

CONS

There are a few. But still, the software is usable and good. Sometimes the software loads slowly in mobile phones and I feel it's a and network issue. Once I update a paid order, this would not show when and what time the update was made. SImilarly for any updated crucial step, this software would not show. The change inside the order, for example, adding a product or deleting a product won't automatically calculate the taxes. We have to manually redo the calculation for all the products in the order. Customizations are not very cheap and very few free apps to integrate. Overall the cost may increase if you need a lot of additional apps. For example, an e-commerce website will definitely need to ship in most cases. So creating a shipping label should be an integral part of any e-commerce website. I am not sure only Ecwid does not have it or no websites have it. But an e-commerce website should have it. I feel it now after using a website.

Reason for choosing Ecwid

ecwid.com offered a free store option.

Steven

Design, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2022

Very nice online store but there is room for improvement.

Overall, Ecwid is a very nice store that allows a lot of customization. For some of the changes, I needed to contact support and change some CSS code to make it work but in the end, it is a very nice store. I looked into and tried Shopify in the past but very quickly realized this was not as easy as Ecwid for me.

PROS

I really enjoy the user experience as a whole. It is very simple to understand and get a store up and running. I use a built-in Ecwid plugin for a Duda website-building platform. So, it is like a 3rd party Ecwid store. Because of this, there are a few features that are missing but overall, you can still build a very nice online store. The framework and layouts are very easy to understand and use as well as you are able to customize many things on each page. The catalog page, single item page, checkout, and more.

CONS

One of my clients is a greenhouse and they have around 2,000 products. Until recently, there was no way to bulk change pricing or other features for select products which was a pain to have to change every product individually. Ecwid has made an update so this is possible which has saved about an hour of clicking and pasting which is awesome. However, there is still room for improvement. For example, there are additional buying options for some products, such as different sizes however, if you increase the price for the product but the large size/other buying options need to increase by a different size, that still has to be completed manually by changing each product itself which is very time-consuming. I contact support and they informed me that this could be done but I had to contact the developer and then purchase an app and pay for it monthly in order to complete this. I just needed to make this change once, so I don't want to pay monthly for something I need a couple times a year.

Vlad

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2016

Best and cheapest e-commerce for beginners and startups

I've been using Ecwid for about 2 years already and I can say that it's one of the best solutions for e-commerce that you can find. It has some reasonable prices if not free, if you're selling up to 10 products. For startups like me having no fees for few products was a God send. The interface and set up is one of the fastest and easiest to get accustomed to. They've also improved many features in these years, with better UI, payment gateways, taxes, multi language, Encription, Invoices, notification e-mails and so on. To be honest it's almost on par with Shopify and probably if they continue to improve the visual customisation might become one of the best out there. The only drawback so far is the level of visual customisation they offer through their interface, so that you customise the colors, buttons and so on with the rest of your website. Now you do most of the stuff through CSS, although they have also some 3rd party add-ons to make visual adjustments faster, but still, I'd like something integrated and less time consuming to make my website look as one. Once they solve this issue, I think they'll cut a big share of what Shopify is now. Give Ecwid a try as it's worth every penny.

PROS

Flexibility and reliability.

CONS

Customisation in visual terms.

Nathan

Medical Devices, 2-10 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed December 2020

Modified to use for rental business

I had been searching for a shopping cart solution that could work with Wix and I was so happy when I discovered Ecwid. I had it set up immediately as everything is very intuitive and flexible enough for my rental business. The integration to Wix was super easy. We do have to utilize Order Desk to help manage orders as Ecwid is limited in its functionality. Many of the pre-built integrations are very nice and offer additional customization.

PROS

Extremely easy to setup my products and integrate into Wix. Works with Authorize.net. Flexible enough to create options for setting up my rental business. Integration with HelpfulCrowd for easy review management.

CONS

Inability to rebill for subscriptions. If this feature was available, it would be perfect.

Reason for choosing Ecwid

Ease, flexibility and price.

Reasons for switching to Ecwid

Needed a solution that could work with Wix.

Catherine

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2016

Good but doesn't Interface with every web creator

I wish there was more interface with Wix. If Wix is allowing users to use the ap, they should also have access to the full functionality of ECWID aps, such as the Multiple Promotions at once feature...otherwise we are happy with the ease of use.

PROS

That is easy to follow the process of an order from processing to fulfillment

CONS

If you sell on a made-to-order basis, there is no way to go and see how many of that item you ahve old over time without manually counting up from the orders. Should be some kind of feature that allows you to view how many times a partcular items has sold on the back end, where you edit the item maybe? If you don't keep an inventory, then there is no way to track and I can't show an inventory because my products are custom and people will think they are in stock and ready to ship, when really they must be created once the order is place. It is misleading to the customer if it says instock. Does not interface with Facebook to where facebook shows the shop on the business page front. You have to click on a tab or button to get to the storefront. Shopify shows up on the main page of business pages.

Graham