Ecwid Software Reviews

Ecwid Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"Very good tool, easy to manage, easy to understand, excellent sales solution very well integrated."
  • icon"Many support tools and tutorials. All around, it's a fantastic value and a great tool for building your online store."
  • icon"Also, the good and clean design is easy on the eyes."
  • icon"Had some trouble with products not showing up on our website."
  • icon"So creating a shipping label should be an integral part of any e-commerce website. I am not sure only Ecwid does not have it or no websites have it."
  • icon"This was my mistake, and it caused me unnecessary confusion as my store grew."

All Ecwid Reviews

Devonna

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

February 2022

Great for small business owners

Melissa

October 2022

My boss was so impressed...

Overall Ecwid was super easy to set up. I didn't think it would be as it isn't one of the larger e-commerce companies, but I was able to set up and integrate a small trial shop in one afternoon and it looked so professional on our website.

Pros

I love that there is a free version of this software. We integrated the free trial into our site to sell t-shirts and coffee cups. We integrated this into our Wordpress website and it looks AMAZING. My boss was so impressed. I hope that by being able to show what is possible for us we will get permission to expand the project in the near future. Having the ability to get this off the ground with no monthly fees is what sold us on using Ecwid...most other e-commerce sites don't have this small trial store option and this is specifically what made my project a success.

Cons

Ecwid works great and has all the basic features and integrated with both Wordpress and our printing, processing company, Printerly. It isn't as full featured as Shopify, but gets the job done and gives us lots of room to grow and improve as the project takes off.

Devonna

Industry: Wholesale

Great for small business owners

My overall experience has been amazing I'm under the venture plan which is $17 a month and you can basically compare the venture plan to Shopify basic plan which is $29 a month.

Pros

What I like most about the software is it's very easy to use whether you're doing it based from your browser or from the app. Very simple and easy website design and setup.

Cons

The thing that I like least about the software is that they actually don't have their own payment processor versus Shopify. But it gives you the option to use square, stripe,2checkout&More.

Reasons for choosing Ecwid

I ultimately chose the product because I got a promotion for 50% off your venture plan for the first month and I'm very glad that I did that and took the initiative.

Reasons for switching to Ecwid

I was looking for something a little bit more affordable.

Markus

October 2022

Great for start ups , small companies and private people which are new to ecommerce

If you don't find anything or your are facing other issues, Ecwid's customer service is just excellent. Live chat available and outside of business hours they usual answer within 24 hours.

Pros

User-friendly platform with a great database of instructions, no coding needed but I you want to use coding, it's possible and for people who want to learn coding here, they provide a great CSS Cookbook. Very inexpensive Ecommerce platform if you start from scratch.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like from Ecwid.

Reasons for choosing Ecwid

Beside being the most inexpensive solution, the shop software is easy to understand and use from the first moment

alexander

July 2022

Login by password not available anymore

They decided to just turn off the login by password causing the most important features on my webshop to stop working, 2000 customers are not able to login anymore. Thank you very much!

Pros

I used ecwid for over 6 years and it worked fine until they turned of the login by password

Francois

Industry: Biotechnology

August 2022

Best eCommerce solution

The features it offers are exceptional, their support is fantastic and overall the best solution out there!

Pros

Extremely easy to set up your ecommerce site, user friendly and feature rich! After investigating several other solutions, ecwid is by FAR the best of the best!!

Cons

Absolutely nothing! Compared to other product, I have absolutely nothing that I would say is a con for using this software!

Reasons for choosing Ecwid

Best looking, best features, best support and best price.

Latresse

Easy to Use and Fully Functional!

I've been using Everyone shopping cart for almost 4 years and I'm satisfied with the service. I've tried other companies and always revert back to Ecwid. It provides all the necessary told and features for a website or online retail store.

Pros

Easy to create new products for online store. Easy to setup store and affordable price.

Cons

I'm not particularly happy with the design options and usable templates.

Reasons for choosing Ecwid

It seemed easier to understand and implement with the website host I was using (Weebly)

I don't remember

THE BEST

I have 2 businesses and I use Ecwid.com for both. It is very easy to use. I set up my stores myself with no experience in IT. Ecwid is very easy to use. Ecwid is simply the BEST! !!

Pros

Ecwid is very easy to use and user friendly

Cons

None. I like everything about Ecwid! :)))))))))

Reasons for choosing Ecwid

Ecwid is cheaper than the other products and I really like the platform, design and animated videosearch which help users while setting up the store. Make it all easy whereas the other products which I did not choose such as shop if you look so complex to use...

Fernando

November 2022

Vende con EcWid

Muy buena experienca, en temas de marketing digital es una buena herramienta administrativa.

Pros

Que se puede integrar con distintas páginas web para llegar al mercado con más canales de venta.

Cons

Talvez un poco el precio de los planes, debería estar atado al volumen de ventas.

Por ser más conocida.

Reasons for switching to Ecwid

Para conocer una plataforma de mayor integración depáginas webs.

Barclay

The BEST SOFTWARE we’ve ever used

I couldn’t ask for a better platform

Pros

We love the White label Solution Ecwid offers. We were able to develop our own services based on what they offer.

Cons

We would have loved to have the POS app available for Android.

Reasons for choosing Ecwid

Simplicity and user friendly design

Emilio

Industry: Cosmetics

November 2022

Economico funzionale per l'e-commerce

Pros

È una piattaforma molto semplice da utilizzare

Cons

Dovrebbero migliorarsi nelle applicazioni per smartphone

Reasons for switching to Ecwid

Lo trovo più semplice e economico

Joshua

June 2022

piattaforma eCommerce semplice da utilizzare e con grandi potenzialità

La mia esperienza con ecwid in generale è positiva. lo strumento è facile da configurare e utilizzare e le potenzialità sono importanti.

Pros

Ecwid è uno strumento davvero versatile con il quale è possibile realizzare eCommerce completi a tutti i livelli. è particolarmente indicato per realizzare soluzioni eCommerce per le piccole imprese. ho trovato particolarmente piacevole utilizzare ecwid perché è semplice da utilizzare. Nel caso in cui bisogna realizzare un ecommerce complesso è possibile affidarsi alle potenti API messe a disposizione per realizzare soluzioni e integrazioni su misura.

Cons

come la maggior parte delle piattaforme commerce "pronte all'uso" difficilmente riesce ad offrire tutte le funzioni di cui si ha bisogno. In molti casi si dovrà quindi scendere a compromessi, acquistare plugin aggiuntivi o ricorrere allo sviluppo di funzionalità ad hoc. Fortunatamente Ecwid mette a disposizione delle versatili API che permettono di realizzare quasi qualsiasi cosa si possa immaginare.

Pius

May 2022

Ecwid

Ecwid is a proper choice for your e-commerce needs especially if your primary marketing channel is social! I use my Ecwid store to showcase products that perform better with social traffic and this works perfectly with Ecwid.

Pros

Ecwid offers the best social commerce for Instagram, Facebook, and Google shopping. With its in-built integration, you can in no time showcase your products on your social network platforms. Ecwid offers a lot of channels but the social ones are a stand-out for me.

Cons

Ecwid's SEO is not as robust as its competitors like Shopify. For your site to be discovered on Google search with just its SEO won't cut it. You will need to push more SEO towards your connected blog, and perhaps other third parties services you have connected to your store.

Reasons for choosing Ecwid

Ecwid has a better Social commerce strategy than Shopify or Wix for that matter.

Reasons for switching to Ecwid

I did not entirely switch. More like I work with Shopify more than I do with Ecwid. I use Ecwid primarily for products that I'll advertise on social media.

Hester

Industry: Government Relations

April 2022

Ecwid Reviews - What to know!

Overall, Ecwid deserves special mention for its fully free plan and extensive multilingual selling capabilities. When it comes to SEO, though, there is some room for improvement. Ecwid is a simple, powerful way to add ecommerce capabilities to an existing website or to set up an online store on a Facebook page or other social media platform. There are better solutions available if you're constructing a separate site — I'd recommend Shopify or BigCommerce — but Ecwid does exactly what it says on the tin: it allows you to simply add ecommerce to any website. Ecwid is an excellent choice for small businesses since it is simple to use, offers a comprehensive set of ecommerce functionality, and is competitively priced.

Pros

Multi-currency selling is simple to set up (although you will need to pay for an app to do so). You won't have to worry about manually setting up state tax or VAT rules because tax rates are applied automatically. Ecwid can be easily integrated with major content management systems using plugins and apps. Ecwid offers a completely free plan that includes a lot of useful features. It allows you to have many language versions of your store. All plans have real-time carrier quoting capabilities. It allows you to have many language versions of your store. Ecwid is an easy method to integrate ecommerce into any current website. Point-of-sale capability is available and can be implemented in a variety of ways.

Cons

The SEO features might be improved. Ecwid does not allow you to generate AMP versions of product pages. While beneficial, the Instant Site feature is not a replacement for a fully-specked standalone store. Only the most expensive options include phone support. Only iOS devices are compatible with the mobile POS integrations. You can't use any of the SEO capabilities in the free version. While the multi-currency capabilities is generally good, the local currency is not displayed at the last level of checkout. In the Ecwid App store, there are a limited amount of apps and integrations. Product variants are not available on the free or entry-level plans.

Reasons for switching to Ecwid

It allows you to embed a product catalog on an existing website as well as construct a standalone store. Also Ecwid outperforms the competition.

Nigel Masimba

Industry: Information Services

Syncronise Your Inventory Accross Multiple Platfoms

Overally, positive. I managed to set it up easily on my website and do a test purchase within an hour. Ecwid is a breeze and I wonder why it isn't more popular, especially among non-technical users.

Pros

Can connect multiple content management systems, social media stores and other platforms and manage your inventory and sales from one dashboard. It has a free tier so you can get started without any additional expenses for up-to 10 products. Well documented developer resources for custom integrations. It uses a fixed monthly subscription and there are no transaction fees, so the more you sell the higher your profits. No coding skills needed to set up and no need for entering API keys or unique pins or any of that. Ecwid automatically connects the store using your email address.

Cons

The free tier has very limited features. You can only connect an online store and no other platforms. If you decide to discontinue using Ecwid, it may be challenging to find an alternative as there are few other platforms that provide a similar service for synchronizing inventory across platforms. Depending on your country you may need to build a custom payment gateway integration to accept local payments. For the free version, styling is not flexible. However you can manually style your website store with som custom CSS. It added a store link to the navigation menu of my website without asking, and then when I deactivated the plugin, the (broken) store link remained behind.

Santiago