• Pros

• "Incredibly intuitive and easy to use and implement. Lots of out of the box widgets, styling and customization options. An extremely good value for the money. "

• "Easy to use and not as expensive as competitors."

• "It's extremely easy to use and the best thing about it is the addition of products and options."

• Cons

• "It's lacking a few of the top tier functioning but there are always ways to get stuff done. Ecwid is catching up a little."

• "Sometimes feels a bit limited in terms of customisation options, but it's not a huge problem."

• "Would like to save a bit on the monthly price, but to be fair it is reasonably priced so it wouldn't be fair to complain."

Browse Ecwid Reviews

Devonna from YummyBearLife Beauty Supply

Industry: Wholesale

Great for small business owners

My overall experience has been amazing I'm under the venture plan which is $17 a month and you can basically compare the venture plan to Shopify basic plan which is $29 a month.

Pros

What I like most about the software is it's very easy to use whether you're doing it based from your browser or from the app. Very simple and easy website design and setup.

Cons

The thing that I like least about the software is that they actually don't have their own payment processor versus Shopify. But it gives you the option to use square, stripe,2checkout&More.

Reasons for Choosing Ecwid

I ultimately chose the product because I got a promotion for 50% off your venture plan for the first month and I'm very glad that I did that and took the initiative.

Reasons for Switching to Ecwid

I was looking for something a little bit more affordable.

Latresse from Michelle's Hair Closet

Easy to Use and Fully Functional!

I've been using Everyone shopping cart for almost 4 years and I'm satisfied with the service. I've tried other companies and always revert back to Ecwid. It provides all the necessary told and features for a website or online retail store.

Pros

Easy to create new products for online store. Easy to setup store and affordable price.

Cons

I'm not particularly happy with the design options and usable templates.

Reasons for Choosing Ecwid

It seemed easier to understand and implement with the website host I was using (Weebly)

I don't remember

Jack of all trades, master of none

We are implementing it for several clients that need a functional ecommerce site with zero to minimal maintenance or with a do it yourself type of philosophy. Not much to say about it.

Pros

Ecwid is a robust platform for the newcomer with pretty much everything streamlined to get your website up and running in no time.

Cons

Ecwid might make you have a website up and running in no time but that means it is going to look like a template available to anybody, so you might end up having a copycat website somewhere. For seasoned developers/designers this is not your platform.

Reasons for Choosing Ecwid

We did not choose Ecwid over anyone as we are using several platforms including Ecwid.

Easy To Use - Hard To Customize

ECWID makes ecommerce a lot easier than normal which is great for smaller businesses and boutique shops. It allows for a cost effective alternative to the more expensive companies out there.

Pros

This software is easy to teach and can be used on any device. When showing my clients of multiple ages how to add new products and keep inventory they catch on easy. You can integrate your store on different platforms like Adobe Muse, Wix, Wordpress etc. Or create your own generic store using their store builder. There are more options for product variations than most other programs out there.

Cons

Unfortunately customizing your store look is very complicated. You need to have some level of coding to do so or you have to hire a designer to do it for you. The main downside is it doesnt work well if you want to use it or a restaurant. Food options, layout, mixed with customizability does cause an issue in the food industry.

Ricky from DOPE ISH SINCE 1992 LLC

Perfect E-commerce Solution For Those On A Budget

Overall my experience with Ecwid has been a favorable one. The software has allowed me to integrate the platform into Wordpress themes and social media pages, giving me a well rounded solution for my e-commerce needs.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is that it’s perfect for those wanting to setup an online shop but are limited with their budget or currently don’t have the necessary funds to support a month to month plan offered by many other e-commerce solutions.

Cons

What I liked least about this software is the lack of video tutorials and training available to consumers as compared to other major e-commerce platforms.

Reasons for Choosing Ecwid

I chose Ecwid over these other alternative products simply because of its free pricing schedule and the fact that along with being free it also offered many of the same features as its competitors.

THE BEST

I have 2 businesses and I use Ecwid.com for both. It is very easy to use. I set up my stores myself with no experience in IT. Ecwid is very easy to use. Ecwid is simply the BEST! !!

Pros

Ecwid is very easy to use and user friendly

Cons

None. I like everything about Ecwid! :)))))))))

Reasons for Choosing Ecwid

Ecwid is cheaper than the other products and I really like the platform, design and animated videosearch which help users while setting up the store. Make it all easy whereas the other products which I did not choose such as shop if you look so complex to use...

Kristen from Nirvana Masks

Pros

Ease of use and customization. Easy to set up a retail store. Lots of features

Cons

Don’t like that I have to pay for a lot of extra features that I could use

Reasons for Choosing Ecwid

Price and didn’t have to commit to a year and had a free option to use at first

Markus from Roatan WebDesign

Good for starters

Easy to use shop software, also the implementation on the website is done in no time. Overall a good software.

Pros

There is a free plan up to 10 products. Compared to others you do not have to spent a lot of money if you only start with some products to test the market.

Cons

A 360° product player is on their market platform only available for a super expensive price (USD 100 per month)...

Reasons for Choosing Ecwid

Because they have a free plan up to 10 products. This is great for starters with only a hand full of products until you see that you are able to sell.

Dagmar from Funding Connection

Industry: Research

Pros

Easy to use, I was able to connect to a South African Payment Gateway, one of the biggest challenges if selecting a shopping cart software. Quick to add to our website, easy to add new products, add discount codes. the only challenge my clients have is to find the button where to add the discount code.

Cons

The only challenges my clients have is to find the button where to add the discount code.

I think I was not able to use a South African payment gateway

Ron'Jent from Jewels of Virtuous Design

Best Choice for Me

I am enjoying this program and hope that my business grows to afford more services

Pros

Set up was easy, design was easy, EASY!!

Cons

More free content or more content per level for first tier of payment.

Reasons for Choosing Ecwid

Free account regardless. Easy development, easy execution. Less fees.

Nigel Masimba from Calmlock Web Design

Industry: Information Services

Syncronise Your Inventory Accross Multiple Platfoms

Overally, positive. I managed to set it up easily on my website and do a test purchase within an hour. Ecwid is a breeze and I wonder why it isn't more popular, especially among non-technical users.

Pros

Can connect multiple content management systems, social media stores and other platforms and manage your inventory and sales from one dashboard. It has a free tier so you can get started without any additional expenses for up-to 10 products. Well documented developer resources for custom integrations. It uses a fixed monthly subscription and there are no transaction fees, so the more you sell the higher your profits. No coding skills needed to set up and no need for entering API keys or unique pins or any of that. Ecwid automatically connects the store using your email address.

Cons

The free tier has very limited features. You can only connect an online store and no other platforms. If you decide to discontinue using Ecwid, it may be challenging to find an alternative as there are few other platforms that provide a similar service for synchronizing inventory across platforms. Depending on your country you may need to build a custom payment gateway integration to accept local payments. For the free version, styling is not flexible. However you can manually style your website store with som custom CSS. It added a store link to the navigation menu of my website without asking, and then when I deactivated the plugin, the (broken) store link remained behind.

Santiago from El Brunch Show

Simple, useful and powerful, the best for E-commerce.

One of the things that constantly worried us was the integration with our header site, with Ecwid we have successfully and in record time, integrate without difficulty or additional payments what our store needed. Besides, we get a complete platform to enhance our products to other business niches, participating in social networks with the full support they put at their disposal. Another solution, is that similar platforms like Shopify, offer you a service but you make constant payments of everything you use, if something comes out you should also pay for it, it's one of the things that makes us bet on Ecwid, because it does not have small letters, It is direct to what you need without tricks or additional payments outside the agreed upon. Thus, we have saved money that we end up investing in other needs of the company, or for the purchase of other exclusive products.

Pros

One of the things that I like most, is the simplicity that they offer to all their clients, it is one of those platforms that allow you to venture into e-commerce, without the worry of going through long training processes, it is as simple as register and start uploading all the products you have available to the platform. It is a platform that does not abandon you in the sales process, on the contrary, it puts at your disposal all the available channels so you can increase your sales. Another thing that I like, is to be able to reach new niche markets with integrated tools, you can create stores on Facebook and Instagram without difficulty, always with the Ecwid platform. Also, I liked how easy it is to integrate with WordPress, just install a plugin within the panel and voila, you can immediately publish your products.

Cons

I have been using Shopify for years, and I can say with responsibility, that Ecwid is the rival that in a short time will give a surprise to the world of E-commerce, I have no negative aspects to identify so far, on the contrary, it is simpler and more intuitive than its Shopify, a platform that causes a lot of headaches for many reasons.

Paul from Baby Mattress Covers, LLC

Ecwid and their blog posts have provided the platform and training to be effective and competent.

The Ecwid platform is easy to use on the day-to-day business end of things. It is also quite adaptable to custom tweaks, most of them being for free, but some major tweaks can be made through their development team. I am continuing to use Ecwid, and hope to be using it for some time into the future.

Pros

The Ecwid online store gives me the ability to sell my product to both the USA market and also to the global market. Custom development helped me set up tracking the amount in my limited USA inventory as well as sell from the relatively unlimited inventory drop shipped from New Zealand. Ecwid helped set up a subdomain of my own domain name to point to their Starter Site. The Starter Site is currently hosted on Amazon's servers while my website is hosted on another server. ~~~~ Ecwid's blogs have guided me systematically through both the steps necessary to utilize fully their store platform, but also the particulars of running a small online business. (payment setup, LLC's, Instagram photo Apps, Google Shopping, Google AdWords, how to find legal advice and tax advice, to name a few)

Cons

I can only find one bugaboo with the software platform: Since my shipping comes from two sources, I do not use an Ecwid sponsored shipping App but the USPS Click-'N-Ship website itself to generate labels. The tracking numbers copy/pasted into Ecwid for the USPS shipments have not yet been clickable to the USPS.com website for the customers to see the progress of their orders. Of course, the NZ orders come by First Class mail, so they naturally do not have tracking but only dispatch dates which I also copy/paste to customers. ~~~~ Not sure if it is because I am fully up and running the online business with the Ecwid Store, or there has been an actual drop in the amount of work on the part of Ecwid to provide me with helps, tips and business advice through their blog posts. But I have noticed a marked decline in the once plethora of insightful help the Ecwid blogs had been providing me. ~~~~ All in all, I am quite happy with what Ecwid provides in both the store software platform and with their blogs in the help in getting me up and running.

Paul from Baby Mattress Covers, LLC

Ecwid Blog Emails provide timely advice appropriate to my need at that specific time.

Ecwid Blog Emails come to my Inbox at a rate I can handle, for me to analyze and apply to my online SIDS prevention store. We started in 2004, as distributors for a New Zealand SIDS prevention company, with a single-developer, online store integrated into our website. That store had a user forum for support issues. In June of 2015 I asked a local website upgrade specialist his recommendation on what store I could move to. His immediate response was Ecwid. Without much research into it--with complete faith in his insistent recommendation--I made the move and installed the store myself into my recently upgraded to Joomla site. The initial installation and upgrade to the VENTURE plan went like a breeze. I did everything myself without the help of anyone but occasional Ecwid support for minor issues. I connected to both PayPal and Authorize.Net payment methods quite easily. Our store was quickly up and running. All along the way as our business proceeded, the Ecwid Blog anticipated our need by providing tips and insight to not only their own store, but also landing page optimization, advertising budgeting and withstanding price undercutting by competition. At first my business expertise was only my own instincts. Then my expertise was from classroom sessions by startup organizations. These startup sessions were broad and rarely tailored specifically to my needs. The Ecwid Blog Emails in my Inbox are very appropriate and timely next-steps for me to take to improve in some very specific ways the standing of our business. Even when I am busy, I look forward to reading them when they come to see what next I can improve, so I can put that step into my schedule. Thank you Ecwid for such a wonderful and versatile platform, and also the business assistance along the way. My `not perfect' score for Ease of Use is because I did not take a look and observe the effect of a parameter change I made before going on to another setting. My fault, not Ecwid's. A couple of months ago we upgraded to the BUSINESS plan in order to separate the sales of our two inventory locations, New Zealand and the USA. The stock is relatively infinite in New Zealand, but we were frequently overselling our limited USA stock because both locations were shown as infinite to our customers. Thank you Ecwid custom development for separating our inventories shown to our customers.

Christopher from Christopher Hemsworth Art and Design

Best fit for an eCommerce solution

I needed a way to sell my products internationally and have the eCommerce side be handled in a professional and reliable and secure way and Ecwid gave me exactly what I wanted and needed.

Pros

Ecwid was recommended to me by a friend and it was the best decision I ever made in terms of an eCommerce solution. As an artist and designer who wanted to have a versatile and customizable store front on my websites, Ecwid fulfilled all my needs. Beyond this tho, Ecwid allowed me to connect my Square readers payments seamlessly, and I have to say that their customer service is very good. It should be noted too that as of Fall 2019 Ecwid recently updated a variety of things and boosted their quality and features quite significantly! Ecwid has always been the perfect fit for me since I started using it several years ago, and now it just got even better. I could go on and on about all the great aspects from shipping settings, to the new instant storefront, but I invite you to go check it out for yourself!

Cons

The only negative I might say about Ecwid is that there can be some restrictions when trying to integrate your sales channels into Facebook and Instagram. Additionally, sometimes the CSR you get via online chat (which IS convenient, I must say) doesn't have a legitimate knowledge of all aspects of Ecwid, so it's a bit hit and miss in that sense.

Shakthivijayan from RS Saravana Traders

Industry: Medical Devices

A very good E-commerce platform

I am able to get all my orders on one platform. I can track my customers later.

Pros

Easy to use. The free store option is possible for life long if you have got less than ten products. This free feature nobody offers. Customer service is very good. We can customize the software with a price though. There are additional apps to help us with a few things. I am satisfied with the software even though it's not 100% perfect. That's only because of the nature of business changes for every company.

Cons

There are a few. But still, the software is usable and good. Sometimes the software loads slowly in mobile phones and I feel it's a and network issue. Once I update a paid order, this would not show when and what time the update was made. SImilarly for any updated crucial step, this software would not show. The change inside the order, for example, adding a product or deleting a product won't automatically calculate the taxes. We have to manually redo the calculation for all the products in the order. Customizations are not very cheap and very few free apps to integrate. Overall the cost may increase if you need a lot of additional apps. For example, an e-commerce website will definitely need to ship in most cases. So creating a shipping label should be an integral part of any e-commerce website. I am not sure only Ecwid does not have it or no websites have it. But an e-commerce website should have it. I feel it now after using a website.

Reasons for Choosing Ecwid

ecwid.com offered a free store option.

Vlad from FLIO

Best and cheapest e-commerce for beginners and startups

I've been using Ecwid for about 2 years already and I can say that it's one of the best solutions for e-commerce that you can find. It has some reasonable prices if not free, if you're selling up to 10 products. For startups like me having no fees for few products was a God send. The interface and set up is one of the fastest and easiest to get accustomed to. They've also improved many features in these years, with better UI, payment gateways, taxes, multi language, Encription, Invoices, notification e-mails and so on. To be honest it's almost on par with Shopify and probably if they continue to improve the visual customisation might become one of the best out there. The only drawback so far is the level of visual customisation they offer through their interface, so that you customise the colors, buttons and so on with the rest of your website. Now you do most of the stuff through CSS, although they have also some 3rd party add-ons to make visual adjustments faster, but still, I'd like something integrated and less time consuming to make my website look as one. Once they solve this issue, I think they'll cut a big share of what Shopify is now. Give Ecwid a try as it's worth every penny.

Pros

Flexibility and reliability.

Cons

Customisation in visual terms.

Josh from Garden Ridge Church Of Christ

A great, low-cost, feature rich option to sell your products

This gave us the option to sell our products online and in person while keeping track of inventory and putting on a great looking design and appearance.

Pros

We used Ecwid as a plug in to our website to sell our handmade board games. It was easy to set up through the app store on wix and integrated directly into our website. It also worked directly with our phone and square hardware to be able to create a POS system when we when to trade shows to be able to accept peoples credit cards quickly while emailing them a receipt. The online store had many design and display options, the ability to put certain things on sale, the highlight items you want to move, and to separating things into different categories. It also keeps great track of your inventory. It really was a one stop solution to selling our product online.

Cons

There was a slight issue when we first started using it for an in person Point of sales system with Square as it would either record our purchases twice with no great way to correct that or it would only show the sale on the square app and not Ecwid so it wouldn't remove the item from our inventory. We eventually got it worked out though through their customer care and all was good.

Simone from Totally Sound Health

Fantastic Shopping Cart

When offering paypal buttons for items on my website became too fiddly to work with, I researched shopping cart options that easily integrated with multiple websites and Facebook, and after trialling a few, decided that ecwid suited my purposes best. I haven't looked back! Ecwid has hands down been the easiest, most intuitive shopping cart system to work with. The interface is excellent - for the most part it is clear where to find what you need, and if you do need extra help, the Support pages tend to answer anything you need to know, and there is an online forum for help from the developers. New features are constantly being rolled out, which keeps making it better and better. I absolutely recommend ecwid to anyone looking for an easy-to-use, cost effective and feature-rich shopping cart.

Pros

Very clean, intuitive interface.

Cons

Too few options for shipping for individual products - I'd like to be able to customise what options are available, and restrict locations some items can be shipped, rather than everything using the same global options.

Alli from Skirtzzz

Fun, Functional, and best of all- painless!

I love Ecwid. First storefront I've ever used, and as somebody who personally despises trusting 3rd party with my merch- I get the hands on experience I require with a wonderful site that keeps track of my orders, is easy to update, and makes selling online more fun than I imagined it could be. You can't argue with the low (and size optional) one time monthly payments either- super affordable and incredibly fair for the tools you're given here. Thank you so much! -Alli White

Pros

The pull down menus to set an orders status is super helpful and I love that customers get the updates into their inboxes to know I'm working on their stuff! The storefront was easy to integrate onto my website and is clean cut and easy to browse. The image loading process is painless as well and I like the ability to create an album of images, as well as for massive, multiple loads of merch, you can directly copy one listing and alter it slightly- SO HELPFUL and saves me so much time!

Cons

The international shipping, while abundantly bursting with options- can almost be too overwhelming at times.

Steve from Mobile Safety

Shopped around for an awesome shopping provider

Hi, I first joined ECWID back in 2011 after shopping around and discovering their innovative approach to shopping cart software. The price is very competitive and being able to build my business across a number of different websites simultaneously by the unique ability copy and paste your shop code to any website page anywhere really won me over. Since then they have not let up with a feature set that grows and grows it seems every week. The customer service / support was always good but honestly in the last year or two has begun to astound me. My only reason for 4 stars for value for money is that some of the add-on app features that you have to pay extra for I'd like to see for free. That being said there are plenty of very very good and useful free apps. Just check out some of them out at my webstore store at www.mobilesafety.com.au :)

Pros

Loading speed. Good design. Shopping cart can be respawned anywhere easily. Ease of use & features including share buttons, shipping calculated already, easy product uploads and editing etc.

Cons

Needs a free upsell app. eBay integration is not yet available for eBay Australia. I had lots of difficulty integrating with Adwords.

Nathan from Knee Walker Central

Industry: Medical Devices

Modified to use for rental business

I had been searching for a shopping cart solution that could work with Wix and I was so happy when I discovered Ecwid. I had it set up immediately as everything is very intuitive and flexible enough for my rental business. The integration to Wix was super easy. We do have to utilize Order Desk to help manage orders as Ecwid is limited in its functionality. Many of the pre-built integrations are very nice and offer additional customization.

Pros

Extremely easy to setup my products and integrate into Wix. Works with Authorize.net. Flexible enough to create options for setting up my rental business. Integration with HelpfulCrowd for easy review management.

Cons

Inability to rebill for subscriptions. If this feature was available, it would be perfect.

Reasons for Choosing Ecwid

Ease, flexibility and price.

Reasons for Switching to Ecwid

Needed a solution that could work with Wix.

Mary from Word Forge Books

Industry: Publishing

Insane value for the price!

I can set it and forget it, knowing ECWID is powering my online book sales, and I really appreciate being able to have such strong confidence in a product so crucial to my company's success.

Pros

So far, I haven't found a functionality that I want that isn't available, and I like the modularity of the software, allowing me to choose and pay only for what I need. It all works together seamlessly, and gets the job done without a lot of messing around. Plenty of options for reporting on very granular data about sales, abandoned carts, etc. as well as excellent customer support, especially in the form of regular newsletters with ideas to increase sales and just do a better job of maintaining your business all around. I especially like the way ECWID is constantly increasing functionality and offering more options to customize. This is just really good value for the money, and allows me to create a shopping experience I can be proud of.

Edward from Mister Wayne's Pop Culture Collectibles

Shopify is too big for it's britches, use Ecwid

So far so good

Pros

You can get up and running on Ecwid with a "Free Forever" account. This will only allow you 10 items to sell but as a start this is well enough. Other platforms will offer a 30 day trial but then you need to pay to continue.

Cons

Most of the best features have to be paid for. Will probably do soon as the pricing plans seem reasonable and the options (selling on Facebook and Instagram) seem to be worth it.

Reasons for Choosing Ecwid

Totally free to have 10 products forever. Once we have consistency in selling off Ecwid there is no doubt we will pay for more products and extras.

Reasons for Switching to Ecwid

This was much easier to get up and running than Shopify. After comparing a dozen platforms once we needed to exit Shopify, Ecwid was the easy and best choice for us. Shopify did not stand behind a fraudulent purchase. Don't know yet, and hope we don't find out, how Ecwid will stand behind us as a seller and customer.

Great solution for setting up an online shop quickly & easily

Pros

Ecwid's admin panel makes it super easy to set up an online shop. Even better, if you're already using a Wordpress site, you can quickly add that shop to your site without having to plug in any number of WooCommerce plugins and extensions that you'd need to do everything that Ecwid has already done for you. Another bonus is the ability to give clients a way to log in and manage their shop without having to log into their website. Many of my clients are way too nervous to log into their live site, but feel perfectly comfortable logging in to a more focused shop-only dashboard.

Cons

Early on, there were a few nuances I didn't like, but the service has come a long way in terms of development over the past few years, leaving me with nothing on my list of things I don't like.

Susan from Susan M Signer Services

Highly Recommend Using Ecwid as a Tool to Increase Sales

We use Ecwid for our document services business. Currently, we utilize Ecwid's Store on our website and Facebook. Ecwid has helped increase our revenue by ensuring an efficient purchase experience for our customers. What is great about Ecwid is that they offer a FREE version which allows up to 2 categories and 10 products to allow your business to grow. Design is limited in FREE version. We like the SKU and description categories that help us determine our target markets. Other bonus features include setting up the automated customer notifications and various payment options which include credit cards, checks, Paypal, e-check, and several other payment options. Once you have built your customer base, you can expand to add more products and increase your sales with Ecwid's Premium version. The Premium version is packed with added benefits of automated tax at check out and adding of E-Markeplaces. While the design features are somewhat limited, the overall benefits outweigh any possible pitfalls. We highly recommend using Ecwid as a Tool to Increase Sales.

Pros

Easy to use. Great on social media and e-Marketplace.

Cons

Design options.

Hope from This Chick Bakes

Industry: Food Production

Great shopping cart for multiple items to sell

My bakery sells multiple versions of the same cookies and bars. This cart allows us to make all the choices clear to our clients, price them accordingly, add shipping choices, add comments, pics and other great behind the scenes parts that make our store amazing to the outside and easy for us to manage on the kitchen side. Highly recommend it!

Pros

all the extras that allow me to make each item for sale easy to buy, customize and ship, while keeping the client happy and informed of what is happening with their order.

Cons

Searching for items on the back end means I have to be very specific with my word choices. And if someone doesn't follow the pattern set for how to categorize the items for sale, finding them to enable or disable can become a chore and/or mean a lot of unnecessary files/items on the site that should be eliminated.

Catherine from ScalerFab, Inc.

Good but doesn't Interface with every web creator

I wish there was more interface with Wix. If Wix is allowing users to use the ap, they should also have access to the full functionality of ECWID aps, such as the Multiple Promotions at once feature...otherwise we are happy with the ease of use.

Pros

That is easy to follow the process of an order from processing to fulfillment

Cons

If you sell on a made-to-order basis, there is no way to go and see how many of that item you ahve old over time without manually counting up from the orders. Should be some kind of feature that allows you to view how many times a partcular items has sold on the back end, where you edit the item maybe? If you don't keep an inventory, then there is no way to track and I can't show an inventory because my products are custom and people will think they are in stock and ready to ship, when really they must be created once the order is place. It is misleading to the customer if it says instock. Does not interface with Facebook to where facebook shows the shop on the business page front. You have to click on a tab or button to get to the storefront. Shopify shows up on the main page of business pages.

Graham from Naki Nekta

Best value going

Smooth easy and flawless with great apps to add on.

Pros

Easy to use and cost effective, these guy's don't clip the ticket on your turnover. there are also a plethora of apps to add on for more functionality to your web page.

Cons

I would change nothing, the workflow of this software is easy and very customizable, with plenty of options.

Reasons for Choosing Ecwid

cost and ease of integration.

Mike from The Heart Gallery

Ecwid helped us through the holidays

Ecwid helped us get through the holiday season, but I wouldn't expect us to be with Ecwid a year from now. I'm still looking for a comprehensive solution for our event driven business.

Pros

We're a paint and sip business and previously sold admission through Ticket Tailor. We switched to Ecwid before the holidays because it integrated with Wix, processed payment through our POS systeym/merchant service provider (Clover Flex/EPI) and integrated with a digital gift card application (GiftUp). It was relatively easy to onboard and use so far.

Cons

For our business model, it would suit us better if Ecwid had an event arm, or similar functionality. We've had to list our events as products, which works okay, but not great. It would be helpful if the products would expire and disable in the store at a set time (at the beginning of our events). The digital gift cards are slightly disappointing because our customers are unable to use a digital gift card and a promo code on the same transaction. Effectively that penalizes them if they have a digital gift card.

Bahaa from Consulting

Ecwid Understand small businesses needs

It is great experince , I like it , and I am sure that if i am starting a new store as I planned , it will be only with Ecwid

Pros

the software meets most of the needs to establish and run an e-commerce business, I can't say it is "The Perfect software " because there isn't any". I like the simplicity of building the store, connect with third-party provider in the area of payment, shipping, etc. Also I very much appreciate the customer service proffissinalism in handling the customers issues .

Cons

1- store design and layout 2- the entry of product takes a long time, especially if one deal with hundreds of products, you have to move from page to another 3- it will be nice and very much help if some of the priced add-ins added to the software as a basic element of the software 4- the language used in the FAQ and assistant is not some time clear enpugh

Drew from Bead Man

Early Adapter of this Rock Solid E-commerce Platform

I started with ECWID a few years after it started. Because of that, I am on the legacy plan and have not upgraded to access some of the advanced features, particularly order editing. I have never lost data, never had a service interruption. It integrates well with my Joomla website. I don't plan to ever change platforms. It is a great service

Pros

Reliability. Never been hacked, never lost service. Rock solid platform. Finally transferred by shipping to an add-on (Shipping Easy) and it has taken much of the manual work off of my plate. Order comes in to my cell phone. Print out the invoice and do the fulfillment. I also like the digital download capability.

Cons

The only feature I miss is order editing. But that is because I have not upgraded to that level of service.

Lauri from Kuumba-Kardz LLC

A New and Creative Business Journey with Ecwid at the Helm, Driving My Dreams.

TBA

Pros

Allows me to have total control over options, and showcased on a beautifully organized product page, easy for customers to read and choose options. And we have choices of layouts, and we have codes to help us customize. The customer service is awesome. I have nothing to judge it against except (very good Everweb ). I know nothing about an e-commerce store. First the videos....most are clear, step by step directives anyone can follow, and anything I don't understand, those who solve all of our problems are spot on with your needs. I barely know what I'm saying at all and they send me to the right place. I receive instant replies, and I'm truly good to go. Ever person I contacted was just as knowledgable, kind, and helpful as the next. I don't mind paying a it more for that kindness and patience, oh that patience, and compassion. So the cost for a year of guidance and nice extras, apps, and such, especially the shopping APP, I can offer my customers. I am new and I have so much to learn yet. But I'm confident that with rep, I will share with the world. Thank you rep. I appreciate your love for everything as well.

Cons

Nothing so far. You have fixed everything I could not find. I believe I've been able to learn very quickly with all the learning tools and rep has to offer. Any new tools take time. My vocabulary keeps me on a bit of a longer search right now, but as I go I grow. Thank you again.

Obasi from UGC

Best Cart System Comparatively

I am a graphic designer, direct response marketer, and investor for the last 25 years. I have used a. lot of systems and it seems that with most others I get to a place where I need something that they don't offer, so I'm forced to find another. I have been with ecwid for several years now and the support is excellent, very solution-oriented and knoweledgeable. They integrate with most systems and online platforms! I can't say enough good things about them. (I know this sounds like this review may have been paid for, but I am a real customer that uses this system every day!) They are just that good!!!!

Pros

One of the things I like most is that they give you the HTML to embed buttons buy now buttons on your website which makes it super easy for someone to start selling online.

Cons

I have not encountered anything about the software that I don't like.

Reasons for Choosing Ecwid

Helpful support chat. Answered all my questions clearly.

Johan from Vanjos

Ecwid have almost all you need

My Company has sold items for some years using Ecwid, and we have 3 subscriptions (stores) running with different content.

Pros

With Ecwid I can use the software everywhere, standalone or on any web site. Its rich customization possibillities and application features makes its very useful and flexible.

Cons

I miss the multilanguage features that some other competitors have on product and category level. It would be nice to have up to six languages (self defined) where one of them should be the default if the end-Customer have a language that is not defined. Multilanguage support in Ecwid is limited to Ecwids labels, and I can't specify additional language on product/category level. Second, I miss the invoice integrated option to one or more Swedish players such as There are API's to program such integration, but it would be easier if it was already pre-built.

Mr. from TLc Lab Supply

Makes shopping cart placement on any site easy

I own a small on line store which is attached to my website on the internet I am not a website guru but can do a little design using a common web program Getting a website is the first step then you have to get a merchant bank account so people can buy things from your site and you need a service to transfer the money from their credit cards to your bank account + you have to have away for the people to put what they want to buy in a shopping cart and have a way for them to check out. It is all very confusing and for a lot of people overwhelming. With Ecwid if you have less the 10 items their service is free and there4 is enough included to open a pretty neat little store and they will handle almost any type of payment including Bank wire, any credit card, paypal currency exchange the list goes on for free They have many shipping options and they keep your client informed via e-mail and keep excellent reporting to you of all your clients purchases and their needs which saves a lot of time for other business related matters that come up everyday. They now have phone help with really great people and we all need a shopping cart in our stores anyway they have excel and transfer and quicken. Our little store added a few items and we went over the free requirement and now pay for the service which gives use the ability to provide discount coupons to our spacial customers and have sales just by creating a discount coupon and marketing it on our website, you can create any type of discount on any item for any period of time with just a few clicks it is super easy In the last few years our little store went from $600.00 per month to around $4,000.00 per month we carry less then 15 items. We believe in part by the simple design of our website and easy checkout with Ecwid We checked around and compared cost of shopping cart providers and this was very reasonable and the people really want to help you, so we would say give them a try the first 10 items are completely free to use their services and they have tons of ways for first time users to promote your store and again a lot of it is FREE

Bev from Improactive

The support/customer service is second to none

ECWID tailored a code for me last year, so I could produce special discounts and this was a good experience not just for me, but more importantly for my customers. I have received many compliments on my store from my regulars.

Pros

It's simple to understand when you start, and then quick and easy to update. Sometimes there's a new technical thing I want to try and when I don't have time, I go on chat. They answer fast and have always been able to help - they know what they're talking about and make me feel valued. Also there's a lot in their app market that's really useful - integration with mail-chimp for instance, is great.

Cons

Nothing really. If I don't understand I go to chat and get help. The only thing would be I wish chat was available at the weekend as that's often when I have the most time to updated my services.

Justin from Healthicity

An Excellent, Light-Weight Shopping Cart Tool

Our organization chose Ecwid after much shopping around. We needed to deploy a shopping cart quickly that would allow us to sell a handful of products. The trick for us was that we also needed to integrate the cart into our highly-customized website and into our contact database systems. Using Zapier and few small tweaks to the widget code, we were able to accomplish all of the above on schedule. It has been a wonderful tool for our needs.

Pros

Cons

Does not have all the bells and whistles of a more robust shopping cart solutions, however, I think this should only be a deal breaker for larger organizations or sites that need to manage more than a couple hundred of products. I also think that some of its export functionality leaves much to be desired, namely that it doesn't include Auth.net purchase IDs in the export, but we've been able to work around it.

Michelle from Rooibos-Miracle

I have been with ECWID for 3 years now and have not one bad thing to say - they ROCK!!!

Makes my online store extremely user-friendly. I am an amateur web designer and managed to get my store up and running in 2 ticks.

Pros

Very easy to use. Lots of extra add-ons to make the customer experience so much more interesting. It makes my website very user-friendly - I get a lot of feedback in that regard. The customer service is like none other I've ever experienced. They have never not been able to sort a problem out and are very prompt with their responses.

Cons

I feel there needs to be an additional plan between venture and business. There is a HUGE jump from 100 products to 2500 products. I have about 300/350 products in my catalogue and cannot afford business plan - so am continuously having to delete and add products so that all 300 get a "turn" on my store.

heather from Boerne Homecoming Mums

Great for Seasonal business, Highly customizable products, handmade products

Pros

I've been using for 5 years. unlimited product options for product customizations. You can add LOTS of product photos to each product. FREE FOREVER, not just a free trial. So you can test it out for free for as long as it takes you to learn. You can upgrade and downgrade your plan whenever you want and as often as you want so it's perfect for a seasonal business. The BEST solution I have found for a handmade business. Using WP plugin currently and have also used imbedded on other platforms.

Cons

I have found minor hiccups with WP plugin. But usually I could work around. The WP plugin will slow load time of your site. Support has worked good for me but I wish they were a little more responsive.

Zulhilmi from Maxis

eCommerce solution with great pricing package

Ecwid has everything that any retail company needs, from product store to shipping service are covered by this eCommerce platform. It makes selling process very easy and can be fun at the same time.

Pros

Ecwid is the best eCommerce platform for any beginner and small marketers to start selling stuff. Adding product and setting a payment gateway is easy and there are video guides that has tutorial to setting it step by step. All tools for retail purposes like invoice, taxes and shipping are properly inbuilt in the software.

Cons

The shipping option are not catered for my needs, there are not customized shipping option for my country local courier service and only have a option for a global shipping. It has adding too much cost to the shipping and customers are not very fond with the fee plan.

Ashley from Studio7Fashion

Industry: Wholesale

It's good but it could be better

Despite the little issues I mentioned, my overall experience has been pretty good using Ecwid.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of use. It's quite simple to setup with your website and would be great for a business just starting out. They have a handy app as well so you can receive order notifications on the go.

Cons

What I like least is their customer service and the fact that there are a lot of helpful features, but you have to pay extra for them. One option that I believe should be free is the instock alert that can be sent to your customers, but it is a monthly subscription app. Their customer service is very friendly, but not always knowledgeable about their software.

Amber from Diamond Rose Shears/Musashi Shears/Sayuri Shears

I love Ecwid!

Fantastic! One of the best shopping carts I have ever used. My all around experience with them has been great.

Pros

What is not to like? I can chat with tech support anytime and they are all incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. They send me links to directions on how to accomplish the task I am working on and email me screenshots so I can make sure I am in the same area as they are. We have Ecwid on multiple websites and it works great just going to one shopping cart to make price changes, etc and it is carried over to all of our websites. I haven't yet come across anything that I needed Ecwid to do that it could not do.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Joe from 24Moves Consulting

Own 3 Ecwid stores. Good value, a few serious issues.

Ecwid provides a great way to sell both hard and digital goods. I have three stores for various businesses I run. Makes keeping my books and orders really simple, and simple is good. Two issues that affect our business: - No optional Tax-Exempt status for customers who qualify such as NGO or school customers. Ecwid work-around is to "refund" tax amounts back to customers after purchase. - Cannot purchase or manage multiple stores with one account, must have a different username/password for each store.

Pros

Quick and easy product set up and display options. Easy to add the ability for customers to make alternate choices. Quick checkout system. Cool help-desk people that are fairly quick to reply to questions and chat requests.

Cons

Lack of Tax Exempt option. Have to have multiple accounts to manage multiple stores.

Eli from Piko Interactive

Best option for low-tech sellers

Ecwid is very user friendly and they have added very convenient features that would help any sort of e-seller. I love the features for bulk pricing as well as wholesale discounts for customer groups. You can grow your business just by using Ecwid as it allows you to automatically list your items in large marketplaces. We are very satisfied with the service as the value it provides for the price it costs is very high compared to other shopping cart solution websites. All in all, is the best shopping back-end I have ever used, and have been a customer since 2011.

Pros

Pricing User Friendly Back-end Product Options Wholesale and Bulk Pricing Easy to Install on any kind of website and CMS

Cons

Sometimes new feature suggestions take too long to be heard.

Jodi from Henry Embroidery & Screen Printing

Overall great experience

While there are a few things I wish I could do with the software, overall my experience has been great and customer support has always been quick and very helpful. One feature I would be interested in having available is being able to password protect a category. Being able to disable an entire category without having to disable each individual product would be helpful to me as well. Again--overall the software is a good fit for me. We do online stores for schools, clubs and businesses for custom decorated apparel. Many of our customers repeat orders year after year or every few months and it's very convenient to just disable their category/products and then edit and enable them for the next round of orders.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Not having the ability to print out an automatic tally of what is ordered.

Hope from This Chick Bakes (formally Hope, Faith & Gluttony Bakery)

Industry: Food Production

Ecwid is great for large shopping cart needs

Good to great, I use it every day and am basically happy with it since I can fix/add/remove any item I am selling easily from anywhere. My website integrates with it well, which means my clients can buy items pretty easily via Ecwid.

Pros

I have a lot of items to sell - cookies, bars, pies, cheesecakes - and I can put them all up for sale on Ecwid. I and my staff can put the items online to sell, make changes, add shipping options, etc. Very user friendly.

Cons

I want more options, like shipping costs/prices, to be put in there. Automatic handling fee and the like. I want to get more reports out of their system and have them be downloaded into Quickbooks.

Mati from Green Beauty Cosmetics

Industry: Cosmetics

Ecwid is User Friendly and Looks Very Professional

Ecwid was surprisingly easy to use. Everything is intuitive and self explanatory, and there are lots and lots of tutorials in case you have special needs or you want to do something out of the ordinary. You can customize anything from the color scheme, to bread crumbs, to shipping and handling fees, to displaying different categories of products on different websites. And, the best thing is that it makes the checkout super easy as well, so many of my customers gave me positive feedback when I started using Ecwid. I love using this shopping cart, and I can highly recommend it to anyone with a commercial website.

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to modify, positive checkout experience for my customers, very user friendly, looks professional.

Cons

Can't think of any...

Katey from Katey's Kombucha

Get your business up and running straight away - no more excuses

Ecwid makes it incredibly easy to get your business up and running without anymore excuses that 'you don't know programming'. Even a basic website like mine can start generating money in no time at all. You don't have to pay thousands for a fancy website, when you can install Ecwid on your site and with a few simple touches, customers can know how to buy your products.

Pros

Ease of use and setup. A computer layman can add products and manage stock levels. Great it suits mobile devices as well. Instant update.

Cons

Lack of options for customers to input multiple discount coupons. Small loading time on website. Times out for few customers and they have to reload the order. It is a pain having to switch between headings in order to edit orders.

Shana from RaiDezignz

Completely Positive

It allowed me to showcase my business in several different areas of the web: ECWID store Facebook Also my personal store Integrates with my payment acceptance company allows me to display my products the way I envision them to be displayed to the public

Pros

No issues or glitches Solid Build Store Design Variations Awesome Customer Support Well documented guides to read and learn from Fairly easy to learn and use Continuous Improvement Updates Positive Messages and Blogs Offers a free version Payment Options Avaliable No Contracts Seems to cater more to start-ups and small business owners that do not require all the fancy, expensive software to run their business.

Cons

Themes are Pricey I'm not fond of the Product qty limitations We all want "More for your Money" deals