• Pros

• "Everything. They take care of everything including paying all of the states sales tax. Great customer service."

• "Rich features They handle taxes well all around the world"

• "FS has supplied a great deal of work that we didn't have to program ourselves. It takes care of our renewals and fulfilments better that we could do ourselves. "

• Cons

• "Fees could be lower, but still good value for the money."

• "There are some non-intuitive ways to get at certain information about purchases or settings."

• "Customization does require some technical smarts."

Browse FastSpring Reviews

Alex from White Knight Press

Industry: Publishing

FastSpring Has Provided Steady Support for my Small Business for More than Eight Years

I sell books that I publish in paperback and ebook versions. For the ebook versions, I use FastSpring to handle sales through my own website. FastSpring has been a very reliable company for this purpose, handling payment processing and downloads. Their customer support operation is outstanding.

Pros

FastSpring has been completely dependable in providing a way for me to sell ebooks through my website. Once each book is set up as a new product, I rarely have to take any further actions; I can attend to other aspects of my business, secure in the knowledge that FastSpring is taking care of all aspects of sales, including processing payments, taking care of sales taxes in many countries, and handling downloads of the books by the customers.

Cons

When I first started using FastSpring, I found it somewhat tricky to set up a new product. It took me a while to understand how to construct the template for the email message a customer receives after purchasing an ebook. However, FastSpring's support team helped me through that process, and now it is very easy to set up each new product, using a template that has been saved to my account, which provides multiple file downloads so the customer can download the book in three versions (PDF, ePub, and Kindle). The only other problem I sometimes encounter is when a customer contacts me to say they have not received an ebook they paid for. On several occasions, the problem was caused when the customer entered their email address incorrectly. I wish the FastSpring system would somehow verify that the email address is correct when entered.

Craig from FunMouse

FastSpring as a commerce solution

I have been making use of FastSpring for two years now. I will soon launch my second product through them as well. I actually did have another product that I sold through them, however, the product did not meet with their compliance team and I had to remove the second product. This is actually where they impressed me the most... Rather than simply banning my product, which would have killed my site instantly, they told me through their support channel that the product does comply with their acceptable use policies and gave me a week to move it to another commerce provider. At the time I decided to get a merchant account so I can not get into the same situation with another provider and asked for an extension. They were very understanding and extremely helpful in the matter. Their support staff is top notch. It took me more than a month to move to my own merchant account and I was able to do this transparently to my site visitors. They pay out on time (sometimes they actually pay a day or 2 ahead of time), provide extensive reports and to date I have not had a single issue with them. I have been selling online for more than 15 years and to date this is the the best eCommerce platform I have ever used, not to mention trustworthy. If they approve your product, you can be assured that you will have a partner that is trusted by buyers and once integrated with your site, you never have to worry about them as they just work. Highly recommended.

Pros

The fulfillment aspect of FastSpring is very good, making it virtually impossible for visitors to your site to get your product without first paying.

Cons

Integrating with your site is a bit involved and you will need some technical knowledge to seamlessly integrate it with your site.

Justin from AppInstitute

none

Pros

none that I can think of, we use a number of payment gateways/merchants etc. and FastSpring is never one we would choose, we inherited it from an acquisition.

Cons

Poor user experience, terrible platform to navigate, way too expensive and awful refund management, Reporting is terrible.

Response from FastSpring

Replied July 2018

Hi Justin - We are sorry to hear about your experience. We reviewed your account and see you are transacting via our ¿classic¿ commerce solution. Our platform has evolved over the years and all new customers are on-boarded to our modern contextual commerce solution. This product has a very high customer satisfaction rate, improved user experience, navigation and reporting. We hope you consider migrating over to the newest version.

Allan from Spectranetix, Inc.

Industry: Defense & Space

Best of the the Bunch

With FastSpring, I can provide purchasing environments for any country on the planet, and in any currency. Their rapid-response Support is a significant advantage over any other online monetary system. If you make the decision to utilize FastSpring, you will rejoice in that choice, both when you need help - and when you get paid for our sales!!

Pros

The learning curve on the FastSpring store environment is easy to master. On first exposure, the features and capabilities can seem to be a bit overwhelming to initially understand. But with careful reading of all of the Help topics you will soon have enough knowledge to begin designing your store structure. Anytime, you discover a feature or function that doesn't understandable, go to Support and submit your questions and intended results that you want to achieve. The folks will rapidly respond and do everything possible to provide information.

Cons

I would like to be able to sort products and offerings into more easily manageable groups. For example, being able to add sorting tags to a single product, and generate individual store fronts by simply defining the contents by the assigned tags.

Alexander from Presetrain Co.

Industry: Photography

Reliable payment solution with great choice of payment options for my customers

I've been with FastSpring for about 3 years or so, and I've never had any issues, and neither had my customers. Great and responsive support team. Most recommended!

Pros

- Fast and responsive support team. - Wide choice of payment and currency options for my customers. - Very flexible with features covering almost all of my business needs.

Cons

- Can sometimes be a bit unfriendly in terms of the interface. Looks like the coders are in charge of usability. - Design of the user checkout and options to change it are a bit outdated and need to be modernized. - Could have integrations (or apps) with web and eCommerce platforms: Wix, Ecwid, etc. - A bit hard to setup more complex elements such as shopping cart, etc. Needs to offer some visual way to do it (without coding).

Stéphane from GOLDWELLING SAS

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Problem of invoice with Fastspring, the Skylum official retailer

Pas de facture

Pros

Laisse le consommateur espérer acheter légalement

Cons

Pas de facture de société lorsque le consommateur a validé la commande

Reasons for Choosing FastSpring

erreur

Shikhil from Czar Securities

FastSpring has made collecting recurring payments so easy for our business!

- Recurring payments from all major countries - Easy-to-use payment software - Great support

Pros

I was introduced to FastSpring by an existing customer which I asked for suggestions for a payment gateway that could help us process recurring payments. The challenge was that our home country was India and other payment gateway providers like 2checkout had already rejected our application. But we got on-board with fastspring within a couple of weeks and it has been an amazing journey since then. We've processed thousands of dollars since then and experience has been very transparent.

Cons

A few hiccups would be: 1. The UI and easy-of-use can be worked upon. Sometimes it becomes difficult to find the right section/settings for a specific order 2. The back-end dashboard could have a few more features

Igor from TestDome

Reliable global payment processing platform.

Ability to accept payments from anywhere in the world (currently 80+ countries), with a range of payment options.

Pros

Good handling of payments via various payment methods, anywhere in the world. Tax processing for virtually all the countries, with refund capability, if applicable.

Cons

Occasional glitches in integration with our platform, TestDome, resulting in us having to update some payments manually.

Igor from TestDome

Reliable online payment processing solution

TestDome has been using FastSpring for online payment processing for our worldwide customers, including VAT and tax processing, for more than 4 years, and we've been very satisfied with the service and support.

Pros

FastSpring provides online payment processing solution for our worldwide customers, including VAT and tax processing.

Cons

Creating custom orders and invoices could be more user-friendly.

Good payment option with rich options

They helped us with simple payment option for our subscription based service, with price adjustable by us.

Pros

Rich features They handle taxes well all around the world

Cons

Poor support Buggy implementation of new JavaScript based storefront

Lee from Webview

Love this service, allows us to get on with our work it does, invoicing and taxes and reminders

business ones - international taxes paid, automated reminders,

Pros

Does taxes, sends automated reminders, automated failed payment notifications, tracks memberships and active inactive states. I'd like to be able to track approved users in the Fastspring (other admin staff etc)

Cons

Hate hate hate the font size of the customer URL... its small and have to adjust it manually to normal size each time I email a customer a copy. On the reports page I don't understand the reporting on Current Subscriptions, its often at odds with other methods we use to track memberships, and varies wildly during a 24 hour time frame

David from EP Studios

Good choice for app distribution

I have only used FastSpring for distributing one app, but I have used other similar services in the past for other apps. I am very satisfied with FastSpring, and feel it is superior to those other services.

Pros

Using FastSpring it was easy to set up a sales solution for my Microsoft Windows app. The site allows extensive testing of your store listing prior to going live. The user interface is intuitive. I have had no problems with the mechanics of the service. User feedback is forwarded safely and securely, and it has been easy to handle user issues.

Cons

The only suggestion I have had is to provide a mechanism for free software updates for registered end users of my app. There are some mechanisms in play, but they are time-limited. Right now I maintain a mailing list and give out free update coupons to purchasers of my app. But it would be nice to make this a little easier via the site.

Jiraud from Quoter Software Inc.

FastSpring is a great platform

As a five year user of FS, we only had one big glitch. In this particular case, our account was brutally debited as FS had a credit card invoicing problem. We had to recontact each customer to rebill and in this particular case, I felt that I was left alonetu unscramble this but otherwise we are satisfied.

Pros

Cons

None, the platforms are great (Springboard and Dashboard)

Fahad from YumyApps

Best among all

We are doing a B2C product and it needs very reliable channel to get money from our customers. Our product has global existence hence customers coming around the globe. FastSpring works very well for us and our customer's are very comfortable to pay us for our product. We have good relationship with FastSpringare and achieving our goals with ease.

Pros

Easy to integrate Efficient in handling payments Money vs Value is perfect Quick response from CS team

Cons

Need automation in few areas. Rest is good

Mark from Kubisyn.co.uk

Selling Digital Products Online

I really like the solution and I think FastSpring have helped me make some money with the minimal of effort, whilst satisfying the majority of my Customer base - keep up the good work!

Pros

I feel I can trust the Software to deliver on Sales after I have configured my Product. It is a fairly straight-forward, low cost solution to getting my Products online and getting revenue. I have tried other systems and still love FastSpring the best!

Cons

I like the old style Login unfortunately as the new Board is missing the easy ability to switch from test to active when designing the Products - I could not find it anywhere and I searched for ages!? The reporting still needs work - it is not intuitive enough and always takes me ages to get the type of data I want to see

Ray from Fog Line Software LLC

Great Service

It's like having my very own accounting service for my sales. They take care of everything including paying all of the states sales tax. Wow a load off of me. Thank You FastSpring.

Pros

Cons

Have not found any.

Marcin from Software

Industry: Information Services

good fit for my needs

Pros

I use it to monetize a side project. I migrated from Plimus in 2013 and FastSpring is much better in every aspect.

Cons

Most of the time it's a self-service and I don't get any questions from clients. But from time to time, usually when European academic or government institutions are involved, I get requests for an official quotation, or I'm asked how to get a pdf version of an invoice (it's possible but not obvious), or how to pay by bank transfer (also possible but often a client cannot sort it out themself). But all this is not a big deal and FastSpring has a great helpdesk.

Marty from Silicon Publishing, Inc.

Flexible, with great support!

We needed a product purchasing platform that allowed us to use our own licensing system. FastSpring had just what we were looking for. The variety of options for selling as a single purchase as well as subscription based licensing was a big selling point as well.

Pros

I love how flexible the software is. It accommodates a variety of different strategies to sell a product. Integrated product license support is great and includes the ability to callback to your own system when purchases are made.

Martin from DeskSoft

Great!

I`m selling my products (www.desksoft.com) with FastSpring as my primary ecommerce partner.

Pros

Great customer support, reasonable fees.

Cons

Fees could be lower, but still good value for the money.

Mike from Analytics Edge Inc.

Convenience is king

Flawless operation for several years. Couldn't ask for better. Excellent customer support - they take ownership of your problem immediately and work to resolution.

Pros

The best feature of FastSpring is their handling of the transactions -- the payments, taxes, refunds are all handled for me. Acting as a reseller, my paperwork is greatly simplified: I sell to them, they sell to the world. Integration was easy, with excellent tools and debugging capabilities available.

Cons

Customization does require some technical smarts.

Flexible and very easy to setup

Pros

I love the abiity to accept check payments. They also make it very easy to adjust products, prices, coupons, etc.

Cons

It is difficult to find a list of all current clients and transactions. They also could use an update with their reporting.

Randy from Tensor Software

FastSpring Review

A good reliable eCommerce solution for software vendors.

Pros

Has a professional look for the customer. Generally easy to use for the vendor. Can customize/automate with scripts.

Cons

Some features are awkward to setup but they can be done. Vendor help section needs some rework/updating.

Paul from GSI Environmental Inc

Industry: Environmental Services

Overall very positive. Site is a little clunky. Searching for previous transactions is hit or miss.

It works very well and Fastspring deals with a lot of stuff that I don't want to.

Pros

It is stable. Reporting features are good. Lots of functionality. I've never had any problems with errors, etc. It just works.

Cons

Admin interface is not intuitive. I sometimes have to hunt around or use trial and error to get something to work. Setting up coupons is awkward. I would say that the admin site was designed by programmers and not end-users. Needs some work on the usability side.

Trinayan from Freelance

Best platform for digital products

FastSpring rules if you use it for digital products. Be it small one time purchases or recurring payments, it is super easy to use and intuitive. The fees are reasonable too.

Pros

The features it offer for digital products and the multiple payment processing options are top-class in this segment.

Cons

Nothing much to dislike about this. I would still like better integration with physical products. Currently I use it only for digital products.

Response from FastSpring

Replied December 2019

Hi Trinayan, thank you for your great feedback. We're thrilled you're part of our FastSpring community, and we look forward to continuing to be your growth partner!

Ken from PIDOMEX

Slightly disappointing considering the pricing

Pros

Good overviews in terms of recurring revenue Market leader with a trusted brand Quite complete in terms of features

Cons

Limited options in terms of automation Does not handle renewals the way it should We ended up switching to Paddle

Efficient, easy to setup, flexible, excellent support

No problems come from FastSpring, it's the main interest, each time I want to make something with FS, it's easy and fast to implement. A question ? The support answers efficiently.

Pros

-plents of features -flexible -support

Cons

-nothing

Austin from Appliest LLC

Good platform to accept payments

Pros

Easy to set up and start accepting payments. My experience getting started and dealing with support was positive.

Cons

The dashboard and UI are dated and could use an update. The payment pages also have a slightly dated feel.

Larry from Nexus Global

No Response - No Purcahse

Pros

Nothing yet! Need to first become a user but hard to do when the rep don't reply.

Cons

We are working towards our final selection. Asked a commercial question a week ago the FastSpring has completely ignored an response. Almost like they don't care if we become a customer or not. First experience before even buy is not a good one!

Davis from OneUp

Not great UI/UX

Pros

Not a whole lot. It takes forever to load.

Cons

Fastspring could really use an interface update. Using the product feels like I am using something from 2005.

Good for creative product dedicated pages

Pros

Very modern tool to support ecommerce and lead gen

Cons

can get confusing at times especially when integrating with other websites