Adobe Commerce Software Reviews

Adobe Commerce Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"Its a good e commerce platform competing with some big apps. Its from Adobe so providing good services."
  • icon"Varnish for caching is a MUST and easy to setup on Magento, that's what I like most, because for big scale projects caching and performance is always required by default."
  • icon"This can be incredibly helpful for a smaller company that wants an enterprise-level eCommerce platform, but has a smaller budget."
  • icon"This put us behind schedule with our new store roll out because we ended up wasting time fighting with the system when it didn't seem necessary."
  • icon"The process of integration with some external software can be difficult. The first time in Magento was a bit difficult to navigate."
  • icon"But this can also leave your store open to being accidentally messed up by an employee that hits the wrong button."

Browse all Adobe Commerce Reviews

• Have you used Adobe Commerce and would like to share your experience with others?

Ricardo

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Working with Magento

Amiel

Industry: Tobacco

Magento 2.0 Review

We are extremely happy about this software. We have developed a fully functional CRM system together with a beautiful website -> no link but you can search Mike's Cigars and check it out yourself.

Pros

The biggest, most robust but most importantly Open Source e-commerce software out there. The only limitation is your imagination...

Cons

Developer's cost is really high unless you can afford in-house dev team like we do but otherwise, your budget will most likely be blown way before you finish your project.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

The rest of the products we compared did not offer the deep level of customization we were looking for.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Commerce

Our old system was deprecated, the software updates were really hard to apply. PCI compliance was hard to pass because of the old software and plug ins.

Lena

Industry: Veterinary

April 2022

Adobe Commerce is all you need for your online business

Adobe Commerce was a game changer for our online business presence. Having everything I need to build my online shop, merchant services, shopping cart, shipping services, inventory management, and much more, makes running an online business so easy and efficient. Also having the advanced SEO features is very helpful to make sure I’m reaching the maximum number of our target audience. I highly recommend this software for your online business needs.

Pros

I like how everything I need is easily accessible through the software, I don’t have to integrate a lot of different things to have a fully functional store.

Cons

Sometimes some of the setup can be a bit difficult and the pricing could be more competitive.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

Adobe Commerce offered a much wider range of features and they are all in one software, ready and easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Commerce

Wordpress was really only for design, it had limited features for e-commerce, and most features had to be integrated with outside apps.

Rhiannon

Community version is the only affordable option for a small business

I started out with Shopify, as recommended by my IT, but I’m really thankful I moved over to Magento community version. It costs more to buildup front, but the money I put into it is mine to keep in that I pay for a module once, and not on a monthly subscription. I also have complete power over my data and can change hosting as needed. My accountant tells me there’s more resale value in a Magento site as such. There’s a much bigger learning curve with Magento, but the sheer power, vast features, and total flexibility for outweigh any cons.

Pros

Magento is an incredibly powerful tool. I investigated all the biggies in e-commerce when making the decision which one to implement for my store and magento came out on top each time. Everything is customizable and if something isn’t in the settings, there’s literally a module for that or one can hire a dev to build a custom module. Scalability is not at all an issue in this platform, which means you’re growing pains in the future. There’s nothing worse than putting in $100,000 of development work on a site that is obsolete in a few years. Unlike other platforms like Shopify and Woocommerce, this option has a more professional look and is a far more robust system. It’s also less likely to be used by scammer sites (Shopify is loaded with fake sites and the company doesn’t do much to stop this fraud.) The Magento dev community is strong and there is a lot of support online for newbies like me who have questions.

Cons

The enterprise version is insanely expensive. Not only do you pay a monthly fee, but the modules themselves cost double to three times more money than their community edition counterparts. The enterprise version doesn’t give flexibility of hosting providers and support only goes so far until we have to hire private devs for custom work. With both enterprise and community versions, Unless someone is well-versed in PHP, you’ll be forking out money for developers.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

Magento has far more functions, features and options out of the box than anything else. The database is robust and the system has been around long enough to know it’s not going to close shop any time soon.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Commerce

Shopify support was absolutely terrible and literally left me in tears by how I was treated by the support agent, who refused to hand me off to someone else. The only way to get the site to function as I needed it to was to throw thousands of dollars every month at various subscription based modules. They really nickel and dime their clients. Thankfully, Many of the features I need it came automatically with Magento community edition.

Nosherwan

Industry: Animation

October 2022

Adobe commerce

Our many problems slove becuse we use adobe commerce.

Pros

Its amazing software .we use in diffent fields.its good for me.

Cons

I dnt like to use any other product becuse this adobe commerce is amazing

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

Becuse its back ground is too good .its software is good.

Jeff

Industry: Veterinary

Works but Insanely Hard To Customize

We ultimately have decided to make the decision to move on from Magento Commerce because the hassle in customizing the platform. Our company has specific functional needs when it comes to ecommerce, and we're constantly having to not only implement and upgrade those in Magento, but ultimately upgrade and fix each time Magento comes out with a major release.

Pros

Out of the box, Magento promises to deliver on its core promise - to add products to a catalog, sell them online, and ship out effectively.

Cons

Our business requires many areas where we need to customize our technology in order to do business more effectively. We tried, many many times, to customize Magento to our specific needs, and the more we went down the rabbit hole the harder it was to not only implement but maintain longterm. Eventually, it becomes pointless to effectively grow when your technology hinders your progress.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

We thought Magento would be able to give us more specific customization options with products, checkout, shipping, and customer data (searching and reporting).

Manny

August 2022

Good for Established Stores

Pros

The Adobe Commerce platform is definitely for stores that are more established and have a web developer either on staff or at their disposal to make the necessary changes and upgrades. While I'd say it's more complex than Shopify in that instance, there is a lot more functionality out of the box, whereas Shopify is very App heavy to get a certain functionality to work on your store.

Cons

If you do not have a developer at your disposal, working with this platform is probably going to be a bit of a struggle. I'd consider myself a rung above beginner within HTML/Website related things and I have to rely on our developer for things for sure.

Pedro

June 2022

Creating an E-commerce easy with Adobe Commerce

Whether you are helping to create E-commerce platforms or creating your own, Adobe Commerce will simplify your work. Anyone can do it, that is the beauty of it.

Pros

Adobe Commerce makes the complicated process of structuring a business an easy one. You can manage the inventory of products and even assess the income of sales in an intuitive manner.

Cons

Sometimes you can feel it lacks certain specific tools for sorting inventory.

Fabian

My Magento Review

Magento is the future of online shopping. You can truly customize your shop for any look, feel or functionality you need.

Pros

I could customize my online store to look the way I want it while giving my customers the online shopping experience they deserve. The reviews extension really helps with building credibility.

Cons

I found that starting to use Magento was extremely overwhelming. I had to spend hours just setting up a few features that I needed.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

Magento was cost effective versus shopify yet provided great functionality.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Commerce

I needed a more professional and intuitive platform which allowed multiple integrations with third party products.

May 2022

Great Ecommerce solution for all sizes

Pros

Its content and product structure is solid. It is a robust paltforrm that will allow you to scale.

Cons

Little bugs now and there made it a bit of a hassle, they would get fixed but it bother us every now and then.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

Free to start at that time and it had a big footprint in the world.

Luca

Platform lacking in basic functions

Pros

Once all the configuration aspects have been resolved, the platform is working well, it suits for big projects with many SKUs.

Cons

Configuring the platform is frustrating, it needs high skills and is very poor in basic features. You need to install many extra modules and this could make you lose speed and stability. Magento is only for PRO users with high economic resources.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Commerce

one of my customers wanted the ecommerce with magento.

June 2022

Adobe Commerce is one of the main ecommerce platforms in the world

Pros

Adobe Commerce it's a very detailed, very ecommerce focused piece of software. It has many features other solutions lack

Cons

It can be too complex for small and medium business. It takes a very skilled team to work it properly. It's expensive.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

Most solid option, very detailed set of features, marketplace with extensions

magatte

Magenta: The best CMS platform for e-commerce sites

MAgento CMS has many flaws, which must be corrected as quickly as possible. Another software like prestashop is much better than it. You can easily interact with customers, and you can also send automatic e-mails to customers. The customer positioning feature allows you to configure the relevant product set for each customer group. You can integrate fraud detection tools to minimize the risk of fraud from customers or suppliers. It allows administrators to easily customize its management interface. If you can avoid Magento, it's very good for you or your company.

Pros

The best CMS platform for e-commerce sites. It contains huge functions. Although I don't know all its features yet, I use it often. If you want to do something on an e-commerce website, Magento can deliver it to you. There are many free and paid extensions to extend the features. It is very easy to write code, so you don't need to hire a programmer to use this CMS for a great customization job.

Cons

It is a frequently used platform and always vulnerable to attacks. As a result, both in-house and outsourced IT teams must perform regular security updates. I think there is a version of Magento that has been discontinued, but for small businesses, you almost need something that can give them complex community publishing features, but it can be exploited by Magento. In the next few years we have to decide whether to stay in Magento or move, Shopify offers a very attractive hosted version.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Commerce

Prestashop is also one of the very good e-commerce platforms, but PrestaShop has almost no free plug-ins, most of its plug-ins and themes are paid for. PrestaShop is simpler and easier to adapt than Magento.

Tanisha

October 2022

Introducing the platform of your dreams

Pros

Allows one to get started with their e-commerce site.Flexibility of building your own website navigation.Handles large amounts of data accurately.

Cons

The time to update is beyond frustrating. Very complex for business users. Improvement on payment errors

RAMAKANTA

Best Ecommerce Platform

Overall, Magento is a very good platform for me to start immediately an Ecommerce site. I have many clients and i have done very good design works for them over Magento. Easily add features according to client specification, very high secure and fast site.

Pros

Magento is a very good platform to make eCommerce sites easily and a lot of features inside it. Easily create a layout, adding multiple languages, adding manual codes easily. Apart from that Magento is a free platform to install it to server and start a website easily. Magento is a highly secure and fast loading site. Easy SEO platform.

Cons

Magento is a very good platform for Pro-Magento persons. But if you are a new person and plan to start magento then it'll take more time to know about the features inside it.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

Magento is a free platform to start an ecommerce site easily. Magento is a very reliable and easy to handle with out any cost. With some development and design knowledge a person can handle Magento sites.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Commerce

Shopify is also a very good platform for Ecommerce sites but Shopify charges monthly subscription. Shopify is more easy than Magento.

Emeka

Industry: Wholesale

A Robust Ecommerce Content Management System

My team used Magento to build our B2B ecommerce platform, and that helped us to get seed funding. It could have been more stressful to build the ecommerce website from scratch, but Magento eased off the stress appreciably.

Pros

Magento is a Content Management System (CMS) used for building ecommerce websites. I used Magento when I was part of a team that were building a B2B ecommerce website. Among the things I love about Magento include: 1. Ability to have multiple user accounts for one store: When I was working on the Ecommerce platform, there was a need to onboard merchants on the platform. The products to be onboarded were quite much and could have been very tedious for one person to onboard all of them. Thanks to the ability to create multiple user accounts for one store while using Magento. This helped to limit the stress. 2. Availability of themes and plugins; Magento makes use of themes and plugins for customisation. This is a beautiful feature as the theme allowed my team to make necessary changes so as to make the website as we desired. The plugin allowed us to add functionalities to the website. Among the functionalities that can be added include invoicing, delivery, etc. 3. Open source and free to use: Magento is an open source software and it is free to use. There are many free themes and plugins one can start using to build ecommerce websites of choice, though some themes and plugins are premium and need to be purchased before they can be used.

Cons

There are a few cons I observed about Magento. They include: 1. Hard to learn: It was the first time my team used Magento, and spent sleepless nights trying to understand how it works, and how to customise it. This was very stressful, and was the reason for which my team dumped it. 2. Expensive themes: Magento is not as widely used as some other ecommerce CMSs. This caused there to be fewer theme developers and also making the premium themes to be quite expensive. 3. Small community: Owing to the small user base of Magento, the community is quite small. This made it somewhat hard to get solutions online.

Sachith

For Large Scale Businesses

Overall, We recommend Magento as a remarkable choice for E-commerce especially for those companies whose sales are beyond $1-2 million. Magento provides an excellent platform for businessmen. Moreover, Magento allows its users to automatically update their E-commerce websites and offers companies with solutions and an extensive support network.

Pros

Opportunities: Magento provides a variety of opportunities for E-commerce in a single dashboard. It is equipped with an excellent Business to Business portal and management system, Additionally, it can store views which helps countries to manage all of their inventory. Such valuable information helps them to improve their catalogs and marketing in the future. Catalog: Magento provides an excellent platform when it comes to adding up a large number of items and products and piling it together for any storefront website. Also, it provides developers with high customizations and designing capabilities which makes their catalog even more attractive and fascinating for their customers.

Cons

Charges: No doubt Magento is great software but nothing comes for free, some of the features offered by Magento do not come for free and a subscription is required to gain access to them which seems to be pretty hefty unless the business is running successfully. Additionally, to gain access to the dedicated servers, the users have to pay a sturdy amount. Non-User Friendly: Magento is non-user friendly at times as it receives constant updates that create problems with the extensions and custom code s you have on the site. Additionally, when it comes to dealing with items in bulk Magento tends to lag and makes the uploading and converting a very slow process.

Scott

Complicated But Can't Be Beat

I began using Magento over 15 years ago, in one of their earliest versions, when I had outgrown some of the boxed ASP.net solutions available at the time. The open source nature of the software is absolutely amazing, and it has been fun to watch it expand over all these years. Today I am running 6 different websites with different versions of Magento, and I've built many more than that, most of which are still in use. Magento makes it easy to create and deploy affordable eCommerce solutions that scale and grow with the customer, even if it is a bit tricky to learn for beginners.

Pros

Magento is easily the most extensive and full-featured piece of open-source eCommerce out there. Once you understand the layout, you'll find that it is very intuitive and flows perfectly. What really shines for me for Magento is all the different options available out there. Not only are there open source versions you can host and manage yourself, but you can pay for the enterprise versions too. There is basically a plug-in or module available at this point for anything you need to accomplish, along with thousands of professionals out there that can help if you get in a jam. Best of all, Magento easily grows with you and is simple to harness and hold back features from, any easy to unchain it and grow with you.

Cons

It took me a good bit of time to learn AND get comfortable with this software and how it works, which was a bit of a pain, so this software isn't for the faint of heart or a weekend warrior shop keeper who doesn't have extensive knowledge of HTML, CSS, PHP, etc.

Reasons for choosing Adobe Commerce

Magento is open source and more powerful and extensive than all the rest.