CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Software Reviews

CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"It is easy to use and clean. The code are integrated and updated."
  • icon"There is a support subscription which is definitely worth getting, as the customer service is amazing, nearly all of my queries are answered and actioned within 24 hours."
  • icon"Multivendor is Easy for administrator, Easy for sellers and Easy for users. Everything is outstanding."
  • icon"Thinking what is a negative for this software, nothing comes into my head."
  • icon"It can be very confusing when you first start out, on how to use it especially from a design point of view."
  • icon"No built in image compression/resize features, can result in poor performance when vendor imports huge image files. No internal collaboration tools between admin and vendors."

All CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Reviews

Brandy

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

September 2022

Fast n mostly easy 2 wk

Richard

Very good eCommerce market software

Overall we are extremely happy with CS-Cart Multi-Vendor and would highly recommend it.

Pros

CS-Cart Multi-Vendor was very easy to setup and get running quickly. The fact that the software is installed on our own server and there are no limits or extra fees based on users, etc like other online markets makes it easy to justify the upfront costs. There is a lot of flexibility with add-ons and a community of developers behind CS-Cart that allow us to make the marketplace our own. The documentation is also very good allowing for quick answers to our problems. For the couple add-ons that we did need to get developed the process was imple and the rates were reasonable.

Cons

Currently the importing of products is very robust and I feel we have not yet fully understood how this all works, but this is just a matter of us getting through that learning curve. If you have not worked with other platforms that are built in a similar way (this reminds me a lot of presta shop) then it may take you a while to understand the logic of how the site is put together.

Reasons for choosing CS-Cart Multi-Vendor

We felt that this was a product that was designed to do what we wanted it to do. Instead of something that was retrofitted.

Reasons for switching to CS-Cart Multi-Vendor

We felt that Sharetribe did not have the flexibility we needed.

Francisco

Industry: Wholesale

Quite happy with CS-Cart Multivendor

I am quite happy with CS-Cart Multi-vendor so far. Obviously, there are things that should be improved but overall it is a software that I would definitely recommend to anyone that wants to start their business properly, without risking unnecessary money/time.

Pros

The support team is very professional, friendly and they usually go straight to the point. Also, one time fee was something that made me go for this software and not others. I like they listen to our needs and try to do they best to implement solutions on the upgrades. The platform works pretty well and it is responsive.

Cons

It is not very user-friendly and sometimes it becomes quite complicated to use. For example, if I want to add a video on a product file, I have to embed it with code as there is not chance to just upload it. My vendors do not really get to used to it as they find it tricky to use so I wish it was much more intuitive. For example, one of the hardest parts to configure is the shipping method for every vendor as this also varies depending on the delivery location. I think it could be overall much more intuitive.

Reasons for choosing CS-Cart Multi-Vendor

I was looking for a marketplace software for my B2B & B2C business and wanted it to have a lot of features that other pages like Amazon have. All the reviews helped me to compare it with other softwares, as well as the comparison of prices.

Ali

Missing Basic Features, Bugs, Security Breaches and Very Bad Client Support

Very very frustrating experience. I was not able to launch the marketplace for more then a year. Simply because it has so many issues. But I have to launch now, because I have to run a business. These guys never talk to their clients. Only if they had let a client talk on the phone and work together to fix application issues. This would have been a very impressive application. But unfortunately bad and arrogant support made me very frustrated and I had to write this review.

Pros

I liked the design of the application. The look and feel was good that is why I was attracted to it. Also, the admin demo seemed nice and simple. Also speed is good. I had a good google page speed score while running on AWS.

Cons

There are massive problems with this application. I only discovered it when I started to discover those Upon purchase of this application I was given 90 days support period. I thought that if I find any issues, I would be able to use the support time to get the issues fixed. I understand that every software in the world has at least some issues. But I didn't realize that these guys consider 90 days support right from the purchase date till 90 days. That was a shocker. My support period expired and by the time I discovered massive problems, this support was already over. Now they charge even more money just to provide support. Now coming to issues: This application has serious problems. Because if you are talking about running an entire marketplace, you are talking about a big operation. Missing Features or Wrong Functionality: if a brand joins the marketplace, you cannot add their staff. This is such a basic thing and it doesn't even exit in this app. Refund functionality does not substract the amount from accounting. Though I created a work around for it but its a major problem. You cannot add staff for a vendor. And a vendor cannot add their staff in the app. Imagine you are running a marketplace and a large brand joins you. They have many physical stores. You cant add staff. Security Breach: This app allows a vendor to create web pages, blog posts and menu links on the main website. This is a serious issue. And they have not fixed it till today.

Reasons for choosing CS-Cart Multi-Vendor

I was mistaken by the beautiful design and simplicity of the admin panel. Their front end themes are also very beautiful but very expensive. No doubt I really liked them. Their sales support also is very good. They have good communication skills. But after purchase support is as bad as the sales support is good. They should learn to speak to their clients. I would be happy to talk to them and help to fix this application.

Response from CS-Cart

Hello Ali, We're sorry you were disappointed with our product. Our support service is normally paid like in many other software companies. These 90 days of free support come as a bonus with every license, and it's true that this period starts right after the purchase. Not so long ago, we introduced the Customer Care subscription. It's way more convenient and beneficial than our traditional credit-based support, plus it includes more services than you can get for credits. Regarding the functionality for vendors. Of course, a vendor can add more users to the vendor account. The company can do this in the Vendor panel -> Customers -> Vendor's administrators.

Replied April 2021

Hannah

When they say out of the box, they mean it!

Ease of use (after a slight learning curve), out of the box features, lifetime license, and excellent customer support makes this worth every penny.

Pros

What I like most: Lifetime license (no monthly payments); excellent and fast customer support; open source (completely customizable).

Cons

A little bit difficult to get the hang of the design aspect. If you're used to using blocks to design, it'll be easier. But if you have no experience like I did, there was definitely a learning curve. But once I got the hang of it, it's easy and efficient!

Reasons for choosing CS-Cart Multi-Vendor

I did not want to have to pay monthly payments to a website long before I started to even see any revenue. I preferred to save up money and pay one lump sum up front.

Farai

June 2022

Class-leading marketplace solution

Overall we are very happy with the choice that we made in settling on this platform. It is class-leading and provides a robust solution for a multi-vendor marketplace. We are still setting it up fully but we are delighted with the results so far.

Pros

We were looking for a solution that would enable us to incorporate an affiliate marketing component. CS-Cart was way ahead of the competition.

Cons

The access control module is not as comprehensive as one might want. It therefore is difficult to restrict users from carrying out functions that you may want restricted.

Reasons for choosing CS-Cart Multi-Vendor

They featured the best overall solution, particularly on the Affiliate Marketing which we needed.

Eric

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Most complete and simple Shopping Cart sofware

I’ve been using CS-Cart for almost 9 years now on multiple websites. It is my go to e-Commerce platform I recommend to anyone needing a simple, but completely customizable online store. It is incredibly easy to set up, and offers so much customizability out of the box that it is easy to make it unique and professional-looking, on a non-recurring cost model. The Multi-Vendor edition of CS-Cart essentially lets other people sell on your site, while you either take a commision or monthly fee. Vendors get their own login and Admin panel. All you have to do to get started is create “Vendor Plans” you want to offer. For example, you can create a plan called “Basic” that takes 5% commission of any product sold by them, $0 monthly fee, only allows them to have 50 products in their “storefront”, and has a max of $5,000 monthly revenue. You can also choose which category of products they have access to. When a vendor signs up, they just choose which plan they would like, and enter their info. You can approve and deny anyone. CS-Cart displays all the plans on a nice, modern-looking page for you, which you can also customize. Features: Automatically charge vendors every month or one-time. Approve products before they’re added to your site. Vendors can have multiple accounts for different employees. Vendors can edit the layout of their “storefront”, colors, and even add/modify CSS. (you can disable that if you prefer) Too much to mention for the amount of space they give you here.

Pros

One time fee. You buy it, it’s yours for life. Super easy to customize. A plethora of options. Vendors can customize their storefront. Great forum. People are always willing to help.

Cons

This is only a con for me living in Canada, but because they are overseas, the time difference means a delay in response time for any support issues or general questions. Thankfully, I’ve never had any issues!

Raja Ram

A great ecommerce software, that grew along with my business.

Pros

It has been almost 2 year since I have started using CS-Cart Multivendor software for my ecommerce marketplace. I have tried almost 20+ php shopping cart scripts available in market. Prior to using cs-cart multivendor, I had spent thousands of dollars in trying out different solution and opensource software. However, After I purchased cs-cart multi-vendor for my website, I am amazed with cs-cart multivendor features and how it can create boundless possibilities to operate my website. The most thing that I liked about the CS-Cart Multivendor software is the backend/admin section of the software where I have limitless possibilities to configure my website. Whatever the features I can imagine, either it is already built-in or i can find it in the extensive addon marketplace offered by CS-Cart. With cs-cart, I believe my website offers same or better experience than amazon or any other global marketplaces. I am truly thankful to the amazing cs-cart development team. :)

Cons

I cannot say cs-cart is perfect in every possible way, the most thing that seem to be lagging in the software is the mobile application. With such an amazing shopping cart software, cs-cart team seem to be overlooking the fact that most of the online shopping happens in mobile applications. I would expect same quality of mobile application bundled with the ca-cart multivendor software so that the entrepreneurs get their arsenal is ready to conquer their dreams.

Zahhar

Solid platform to easily start with a marketplace

CS-Cart Multi-Vendor, in my opinion, is mature platform to start with a marketplace within very short timeframe. It has enough features bundled to start your operations, and if you face you are missing something - there are different options to get them without great investments. The most important for me and my clients is that we feel secured: there are always experts around (CS-Cart support or community experts) who are ready to help. I can recommend CS-Cart MV for small- to mid-size business who are looking for a solution to build a marketplace that can operate worldwide, support thousands of products from hundreds of vendors presented in dozen of languages.

Pros

1) User-friendly admin area, that is optimized for mobile/tablet browser - highly valued by vendor admins; 2) Great customization possibilities - almost every aspect can be configured, designed, turned on/off, translated or adjusted via the GUI, no need to involve developer; 3) Large helpful community - if you need to make a larger modification you can find inexpensive developers from different countries, or you can ask people at the forum; 4) Great selection of free and paid addons that allow you for implement your custom business processes, intgrate your shop wil myriads of 3rd-party tools. 5) Advanced SEO features that you get out of the box, preconfigured - so you can get pretty good results without spending extra time and money on additional optimization for search engine rankings.

Cons

A few features that were required for my case (e.g. granular access control for vendors, filters by color, fuzzy search logic) were available only as paid addons, but not out of the box. I would also appreciate more detailed roadmap to be published, so I would know if it make sense to purchase/ask to develop some functionality as an addon, or I shall wait till it become available as built-in feature. Customer support sometimes is overloaded and cannot provide a quick answer.

Rajendra

Best Multi-Vendor Software as per my 4 Years of Usage

Its Awesome!!!!

Pros

There is List of Positive i like in it. 1) Framework Design structure - Cs-cart Team has designed a very flexible framework and internally independent , as a result it becomes easier to develop it to any level. We have created 60 Plugins and running on single platform. When we have so much changes system becomes complicated...but in cs-cart it is not. 2) Easy to start - When we were fresher or a Start-up - the foundation framework supported a Lot. Support by software is very important for any start-up or Business. 3) Security - Cs-cart team is very fast in rectification security even before any user gets experienced. Practically every time cs-cart updates us about any Vulnerability they found. 4) Cs-cart Design also helps to develop in Team. - Just because cs-cart is structurally independent ...we can connect multiple developers on multiple tasks and merge it at last...resulting easy manageable process for development. 5)Support from Cs-cart team and level of upgrades they provide - They are very good and now a days they are working extremely hard and fast to provide good updates to its customer as per Market. I will only say - Its best than anything

Cons

At present - Nothing. As everything is possible. and we can do anything we see in Any system on it without any issue or complications

Masha

Very formidable force in e-commerce

Pros

I really like scalability of CS-Cart. It was not overwhelming for me to use when I started few years ago, and now as we grow, we are still able to utilise its advanced features. Some solutions out there become restrictive after a few years, however, this is not the case for CS-Cart. It just helps business to grow and matures with it. Another important aspect of it is that it just works. It is very agile, robust, secure and intuitive for new members. Cs-Cart team keeps on top of all the latest developments and therefore this solutions is very powerful, even just out of the box. There are a few very good developers who specialise in CS-Cart and very tuned into business aspects. As a result, you get some good add ons that keep this solution on the cutting edge of e-commerce.

Cons

I can not really find anything bad about Cs-Cart. But if I really need to find something, I would say that although creators of CS-Cart listen to feedback from users, sometimes they do not implement functionalities which are on my wish list. However, these could be too specific to my business and therefore, if nobody else asks for them, they do not get implemented. Great thing is that there are developers out there which can supercharge and evolve Cs-Cart for even the most demanding businesses.

Everything You Need and More!

Great overall experience. Now that I have control of how the software works I have real confidence in how I can get my products to the greatest number of people, and to help others get their products online for a fraction of the cost of doing it all themselves.

Pros

This software was recommended to me by a website designer. Now that I have worked with the software for a while, I find the software to be very intuitive and easy to use. The best part is that I can do everything myself. I don't have to pay for programming, and I am not paying monthly payments. Between the software functionality and the available add-ons from developers all over the world, there is everything needed for a competitive ecommerce multi-vendor site. I never dreamed I would have the ability to create this type of ecommerce site myself. This software represents an amazing amount of technical ingenuity. There seems to be no end of what a person, with no internet or ecommerce skills can do with it. This program gives me access to an entire world and all the tools to reach it. Since I've been building my site and learning about the CS-Cart community, I am impressed by the constant work of CS-Cart and the world of developers who are constantly updating the software to be at the top of the technological advances in ecommerce online sales and marketing.

Cons

Since I was new to ecommerce, it took some time to understand how to manipulate the blocks to organize the information on the page. The learning curve is a bit steep at first if you don't have any experience with using blocks. While the user guide is very helpful in explaining the basics, I found that I spent a bunch of time just moving stuff around and more or less learning by trial and error. The 1-3 minute tutorials don't cover enough info to put the puzzle together quickly and effectively. I would recommend a series of tutorials for beginners, such as myself, that takes more time with learning from scratch, with lots of examples how the blocks work and how all the functionality goes together.

Reasons for choosing CS-Cart Multi-Vendor

I chose CS-Cart because all the other products I looked at with multi-vendor functionality required programming. Since my capital was very small to start out, none of those products were available to me. CS-Cart was the only software at the professional level, giving all the same functions as the big companies, but could be completed without professional programmers. There was really only one choice.

Plamen

Industry: Publishing

MV Plus Review

Otherwise, it's a pleasure to work with the product description and variations, listing one product in multiple categories is a big plus, provided you are the only vendor on the market. In order to make it fully correspond to its name, purpose and promise, one has to spend at least 500 hours of expert developers work.

Pros

I have migrated from another multi-thousand dollar auction platform to MV Plus because of its dynamic structure, multi-language support - only this paid the price of the transition, as it spared me $3000 for translating the interface into three additional languages, and, finally, the wide developers net producing multiple add-ons and modules for meeting almost all needs. On top of that, the friendly support forums for international and domestic users. Software was easy to install and didn't require additional server modifications and hardening.

Cons

It turned out that the multi-vendor was in fact extended mono-cart software allowing multiple vendors from one only country. It doesn't provide appropriate instruments for accommodating a truly international vendor-base. To list one of the many problems: Destination points (Locations, Shipping zones) are available only for a single vendor use. If shipping zones are created for a vendor from Berlin, the vendor from Athens or Paris will not be able to use them, forget about the vendor from Delhi. Vendors should be able to assign their own shipping zones and consequently different rates – but they are not allowed to do so. As a site administrator I am facing the dilemma of creating as many shipping zones as there are countries and states/provinces in the world, or create one common shipping zone for all, including all countries and possible states in them. CS-Cart architects stubbornly refuse to recognize the problem and provide a solution. So, no Multi-Vendor here. You should be prepared to invest thousands of dollars for developing your own integration with the shipping services you need – if you don’t happen to use or don’t like the prices of DHL, USPS and Fedex. My customers and the customers of my vendors don’t like them. More about the other problems and issues, see on our corporate site.

Meghan

CS-Cart Multi-Vendor was a major upgrade for my marketplace!

Prior to finding CS-Cart, I had been running my marketplace on a couple of other platforms. I started on Shopify, but the cost became prohibitive. Then I moved to Opencart, which allowed me to control my costs, but the user interface for both the admin and vendors left a lot to be desired in its complexity. I looked through a lot of marketplace platforms, weighing both the cost and the functionality and longevity, and CS-Cart stood out as my best option. I have been running my marketplace on CS-Cart for over a year now and I am so happy with my experience, and I'm not looking to move it off the CS-Cart platform.

Pros

My favorite features about CS-Cart are the ease of design, the many available add-ons, the upgrades, the payment gateways offered and the ease of function. As far as design goes, it is so easy for me to change the home page layout on a regular basis with the use of blocks and the simple drag-and-drop functionality. I use the banners throughout my site, and it's nice to be able to switch them out so easily, as well as move the featured products and categories around. I also use a lot of add-ons to flesh out my marketing, design, payment and vendor capabilities. If there's a function I need, there is always an add-on I can find to add that function to my site. Same goes for the CS-Cart upgrades – I can't tell you how many times that CS-Cart has found a solution for a problem I had before I knew I had it! As far as payments, the integration with Paypal Adaptive/Marketplace and Stripe have made it so easy to pay out my vendors immediately once they have made a sale, as well as collect my commission. This all happens without me having to intervene in any way, which makes my job as an administrator of 300+ companies very easy! And finally, the ease with which my vendors can upload/clone products and monitor their sales is very important to me as the administrator. It not only helps me recruit new vendors to our marketplace, it also makes it very easy for me to manage products and sales.

Cons

There are very few cons in my experience with CS-Cart. One thing is the learning curve is different for the vendors, many of whom are used to selling on Shopify or Etsy, but I have had very few complaints and the majority of my vendors have found our system easy to adapt to. The only other minor issue I have encountered is some of my Paypal Adaptive orders going to Incomplete instead of Paid status, but with CS-Cart's system it's very easy to cross check any incomplete orders with my Paypal sales and change the status to Paid if need be. This may also be an issue with Paypal Adaptive, which has been discontinued in favor of Paypal Marketplace. The latest version of CS- Cart runs Paypal Marketplace, so an upgrade should fix this issue.

CS-Cart Multi-Vendor is an Affordable, Feature-rich, and Multilingual eCommerce Platform

Pros

1- Speed: My store achieved a score of 98% on Google Page Speed Insights tool without any third-party solutions. Using only Multivendor, Digitalocean Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting, and few server tweaks that can be found on CS-Cart forums, you can get fast, reliable and secure MultiveVendor store. 2- Easy to Install and Configure: Eventhough I am not a developer, I was able to configure most of the store features. For the installation, CS-Cart team provides an automation tool using Ansible Playbook which does most of the job for you. All you have to do is to follow the tutorial on their forum, and the tool will configure, optimize, secure the server for you on Digital Ocean. 3- Localization and Internationalization: Yes, Multivendor from CS-Cart fits and works for any language. My store using two languages; English (LTR) and Arabic (RTL). I had no issues flip as per the language direction as well as translate almost every aspect of my store. 4- OpenSource: Using Multivendor Solution, you pay less and get more! Before I go with Multi-Vendor from CS-Cart I did extensive research on which Platform I should choose. One of the main reason why I chose Multi-Vendor is that it is 100% Opensource. You own the code, you change the code, you extend it as you grow. Other platforms are expensive and encrypted code. 5- Software Structure: Multi-Vendor uses the same concept of WordPress for files overriding and theme dependency. You can build a new theme, override any template

Cons

So far I had no serious issues using Multi-Vendor. However, I would say: 1- Currency sign is not translatable. It is not an issue for currencies that use a unified Sign; such as US Dollar ( Sign is $). Some currencies, especially in my region, has different sign per language. However, I was able to translate it by hiring a developer for 1-hour work. 2- Product Naming should be reconsidered: In the beginning, I was confused between CS-Cart as a Company, CS-Cart as a Solution, Multi-Vendor as a Word, and Multi-Vendor as a Platform. To make it easier, I can explain the following: CS-Cart is a company who owns two e-Commerce solutions. One is called CS-Cart; which is a solution for online stores (Like Magento). The other is called Multi-Vendor, which is a solution for an online marketplaces