• Pros

• "It's easy to use and exceedingly convenient. "

• "Easy to use definitely will recommend. love the service."

• "I love that my customers can easily checkout using this service. They can even checkout using Guest Checkout so that they can purchase using a credit card and not have to log in."

• Cons

• "The only thing I can think of is sometimes when I download activity reports, it can be a bit slow/buggy. Other than that I don't really have any complaints. "

• "I wish it would let us save our info on more devices instead of logging in over and over again but over all its awesome"

• "nothing about this software really stands out to be a struggle, although i will say that customer support lacks a little bit."

Browse PayPal Commerce Platform Reviews

Nimanthi from Design

very rare for me to talk about my personal experience with software

For the many years, I have used PayPal for my payments both as a merchant and a buyer, the new development on PayPal-Checkout has given me a true and new experience. As a frequent shopper with PayPal set as my payment option, using PayPal-Checkout have given me choice, control and freedom for easy payment. When I visit most of my shopping sites, I realized the situation was the same and the payment process completed in minutes and in very easy steps.

Pros

. It's very rare for me to talk about my personal experience with software but for PayPal-Checkout it will be an injustice if I maintain the silence. What I enjoyed most. The fact that I didn't have to get back to my PayPal account in order to initiate payment securely was a life-changing experience for me. All the necessary steps for the PayPal-Checkout are automated and I don't have to provide the information manually whenever I need to make payment. A secure connection is offered and the billing information together with shipping automatically generated at a click of a button. What a nice experience? Thanks to technology. I already had a PayPal account at the time I discovered about the PayPal-Checkout making me enjoy an easy time to make all my payment. The software is very greats since it doesn't transfer any cost to the buyer when used for making payment hence very cost effective. When I first interacted with the platform and I was able to receive all the information including the payment transaction ID which proved it was now more real to me. Since I use the same software to receive payment, the steps to enable my API setting and access were very easy when I created my online store. The checkout option supports may merchants and I was able to receive payment and notifications at the right time.

Cons

Some of the limitations. No perfect platform can be without a few loopholes and this is some of the disadvantages I have experience when using PayPal-Checkout sing. You must have a PayPal account to enjoy convince caused, the connection can be affected by slow internet connection and inability to pay merchants without ready APIs. In my opinion, PayPal-Checkout is the greatest move that has happened in our time hence we must embrace it.

Daniel from Brushfires Foundation

It's been helpful, but

PayPal has been very helpful in setting up payment processing and integrating it with my website. Reporting and payouts are simple and easy. This product is just incredibly helpful.

Pros

PayPal is extremely easy to use for payment gateways, invoicing, and taking donations through my nonprofit organization. It is highly intuitive, has good support and community help modules, and has been very responsive when i had problems. I also really appreciate the below-market rate for nonprofit donation processing.

Cons

One feature that would be helpful for a non-profit is having the ability for the donor to pay the processing fees. Other donor software allows tis and it helps to cover costs for small organizations. One other concern is that some of my potential donors chose not to donate because they were unhappy with PayPal's socio-political activism and would not support using this product. When numerous donors tell em this, i need to look for other options.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Commerce Platform

Greater functionality than other payment processors

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Commerce Platform

Cornerstone overcharged me, customer service lied to me and nearly every experience I had with them was unpleasant.

Caitlin from Rebirth of Venus

Service-based and digital product businesses beware!

Pros

Super easy to use, subscriptions and payment buttons are fully integrated

Cons

My business PayPal account was frozen by the company twice in TWO MONTHS. I've heard of this happening with many companies in my industry (coaching and digital products) that do big launch periods with giant sales spikes, but I have structured my company to have consistent weekly sales instead (and I'm still a little guy anyway!) And it has still happened to me twice. PayPal doesn't have very high insurance coverage for non-trackable products like digital and services. I was able to get the issue resolved both times but can no longer count on them.

Waldo from The River Group

Industry: Broadcast Media

Seamless Online Integration

Our experience has been positive from the start. During the setup phase the PayPal support team were always on hand, and never seemed to rush through any of the steps. They constantly upgrade in the background, and add useful features that make working it easier in the long run. The platform also delivers on every promise and integrates across all online applications where we use it.

Pros

Firstly, PayPal is synonymous with integrity, security and ease-of-mind online transacting. This software therefore offers our customers a stability that reflects well on our own company. The features for the backend user are multiple, and PayPal has really thought about any and every eventuality.

Cons

Initially the backend takes time to get used to, and to place that framework within your own workflow. But once the backend is understood, management becomes really easy. Much of it is not intuitive if one does not have some accounting background, but even so, any user can familiarize themselves quickly.

Tito from IFSD 91

Easy Payment Solution

We utilize this service across many applications to process small payments. We process less than 10k a year through this portal and it has done the job with minimal cost for years.

Pros

Very simply to setup, easy to use, and the costs involved are minimal. Can be used across multiple platforms with ease.

Cons

This is a very simple application, and doesn't provide a lot of functionality without additional costs involved.

Jennelle from Bella Ballroom

Works great on our business website

Very good experience! We’ve been using PayPal Checkout for our website online gift certificate purchases and it’s worked great. Easy to implement and use.

Pros

We use this software each year on our website in order to sell gift certificates for our services over the holidays. It works great for us! Our staff gets instant notification of payment and we’re able to deliver the gift certificates to our clients.

Cons

The transition fees are a bit high, it would be great if the rates were a bit more competitive, but it’s still within a reasonable range.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Commerce Platform

Again, it’s a trusted name for those who are unfamiliar with our business.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Commerce Platform

PayPal is a trusted source for clients who may not know us yet.

Mylinh from Tran-Quility Acupuncture

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Flexibility of Paypal

I like that I can pay using my paypal account. It also remembera my information for payment and can change it at any time.

Pros

I can send invoices, charge it, review it for personal.or business related end. In this sense it is more flexible than square.

Cons

Sending invoices via mobile phone is not possible. You need to download another app or just expect to do that on a desktop instead. I use square if I need to send an invoice from my mobile device.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Commerce Platform

I actually useboth. I was not sure which ine was better.

Tami from Nordstrom

PAYPAL CHECKOUT

It makes me life so much easier because I don't have to toggle between several different personal and corporate accounts. I can just pay and figure out the rest afterwards. It makes reconciling my corporate accounts so much easier as well since all of the merchant info is easily accessible and simple to ad to Concur. The mobile app makes it so simple to pay on the fly. 10/10!

Pros

This software makes is so easy to pick up the tab when dealing with vendors or making sure that someone received the necessary funds for a quick transaction. The menu makes it very clear what funds went where from which account, and helps to reconcile any business expenses.

Cons

Sometimes the app can be a little glitchy when trying to find the person / account you're trying to send funds to, but that is very rare.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Commerce Platform

Easier to use interface, less problems within the app, easier navigating, faster communication on the status of funds.

PayPal: Global payment!

It is great! despite customer service! They are secure! International Acceptance! proper verification. Yay PayPal

Pros

Paypal was very easy to use, just create an account add a card! Add a bank account to receive payment. I received payment from many country! Its good I can receive payment from any part of world. special feature:" send payment to """paypal.me/username""" what a awesome feature! send payment to a link, awesome!

Cons

Late customer service reply! Slow escalation team! Long waiting queue.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Commerce Platform

Friendly version! sent to link function, I can be without exposing my email!

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Commerce Platform

More convenient, than English UI!

Ethan from EandA

My review after using the PayPal platform

As an accountant I use this app on a daily basis . It's easy and cost effective for my business .

Pros

I've been using PayPal now for the past 3 years . It's such an easy platform to use and I really like how simple the layout is . It's easy to use and highly effective. I will definitely recommend this platform so we'll done guys

Cons

I've really enjoyed this platform but for me the only con I can give is the customer support . Sometimes I find it abit difficult to communicate via the customer care.

Tadeo from Self employed

Industry: Online Media

La mejor plataforma para enviar y recibir pagos online

Gracias a PayPal tengo una forma infalible de recibir pagos desde el exterior, pero sus tarifas son un poco más altas que en otras plataformas de pago.

Pros

Una de mis cosas favoritas es lo seguro que se opone a otras aplicaciones de envío de dinero. Es muy fácil realizar compras en línea, ya que la mayoría de los minoristas en línea tienen una sección de PayPal.

Cons

La gente puede estafarlo a usted o luego porque usted informó que ha esperado a que la persona que lo estafó le responda. Luego, cuando cancela a través de su banco, quieren cobrarle una tarifa.

Instrumental in Early Stage B2B Company

We used paypal invoicing options to grow revenues 60% y/y starting in 2011. We also used the invoicing buy new and subscription buttons to test licensing and payment options for a variety of in-house products and services. It was incredibly useful to be able to make changes quickly, put them in production to measure the results. A big part of this is that anyone could market a new product and begin testing, without having to schedule developer resources to process payments.

Pros

Allows us to quickly monetize new offerings and new product variations Many different charging and payment options available Attractive fee structure Easy to setup and manage Appropriate for b2b transactions where aesthetics are less significant.

Cons

Somewhat Limited Customization - to create a buying experience that doesn't feel you're "inside" of paypal is not trivial (and now is easier to do with other offerings). While the Paypal api has improved recently, it's still not as flexible as stripe, aws fps or aws devpay.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Commerce Platform

Others weren't as mature as paypal initially, paypal is still easiest and quickest to use. We're always comparing alternatives pretty closely. Paypal still has best terms. Other APIs are more flexible, and all allows for simpler customization. Paypal has more recently made some improvements to their developer API. Also they've dramatically sped up the website, which sort of makes the easy-to-manage stuff even easier. They've increased the number of ways to get money in and out, including adopting many customer suggestions such as immediate transfers. If you're selling direct to consumers in 2019 you may want to consider another payment service that is a bit more behind the scenes, but be prepared to invest more time in testing and maintaining it.

It's probably not the best, but we're married at this point.

Overall, I can't give up PayPal because it is so integrated with everything else I do and have - shipping, balance, PayPal Credit, etc... But there are definitely some things that are lacking, especially if my business were bigger. I definitely recommend you consider options before going to PayPal and building a life with them, so to speak, but it is possible that for you, like me, they are the best - however flawed - option that exists.

Pros

I use PayPal invoicing as a freelancer and mostly for one-off or two-part invoices. So, I can't speak to PayPal's recurring invoice feature. Here's what I like: Most importantly, the integration. PayPal feels like a bank, and to be able to make invoices and shipping labels from your "bank" is the most helpful thing. I don't have to transfer funds, I don't have to wait for them to deposit to my bank, it's all there and immediately usable. Also, the invoices are simple and straightforward, clients can pay by any means one would online, and there's a place for terms-conditions etc...I also like that I'm able to share a link or a PDF of the invoice with clients who just want an invoice for their records to then pay me through other means like cash/check/direct deposit.

Cons

First off, PayPal has awful customer service. If I had a higher volume of clients and therefore of issues, I feel like I'd use a different service. I had a client pay once and the money was taken from her bank, but it never got to me. We both tried contacting PayPal and got no response at all. It was even more insulting on my end given that I use PayPal as a business. Second - PayPal's fees when you invoice through them are a bit of a hassle and I know there's invoicing software out there that don't incur charges. This just means I have to take those fees into consideration when quoting clients, which make my prices seem a few dollars steeper than they are. Third gripe: I've been trying to edit a part of my business info on the invoice header for ages and it won't allow me. It asks for me to upload my ID to verify, but then it won't process my ID. And of course, customer service is unresponsive. It's not the end of the world because I just hide that info from the header, but it is a minor frustration and inconvenience.

Alisha from Hilton

Great for online business!

I personally enjoy it, I feel fully protected as a seller of goods and feel like the customer support is string and I can turn to them with any questions or concerns.

Pros

PayPal Invoicing is pretty easy to use and they have great service if there is an error. Once you apply an email if they are a registered PayPal user the address of whom you are invoicing will pop up making room for less error when shipping products, also you remain protected in the event a buyer has an incorrect or non updated address. PayPal allows both the seller and buyer to be protected as their customer service is typically very good when there is an issue and a case needs to be open. As an owner of a small online business I typically will only use PayPal invoicing for my transactions as I feel more confident and protected with their services. Their fees are very reasonable in cost and do not limit you much when it comes to expenses, they also have a shipping feature directly through their service that I have found to be for smaller items the best around, as the cost of shipping continues to increase greatly it feels as if PayPal still offers the better deal. With in a period of time using their invoicing services I was offered a debit card which I found to be a great addition to their services, I no longer have to transfer profits in the event I do not want/ need to and can just use the card as a regular card, although their transfer fees are also inexpensive one method continues to be free to transfer your funds. I feel the invoicing is very easy to use and have had zero issues with it to date.

Cons

I do not like the fact that you cannot use it via the application that is not a business account, I have seen a few complaints with other small business owners/ sellers about this. I feel it should be available on all forms of their applications, as not everyone that has enough transactions actually runs/ owns a business, sometimes it is just a one time ordeal.

Eleni from Owl Always Love You Custom Jewelry

Easy to use .

I run a small shop and searched and search for a way to send invoices and save products for easy Invoicing. I finally found PayPal and haven't looked back. I love that you can get cash off easily at Walmart. Sending invoices and receiving payments is done with ease and I hav Had zero issues with it so far!

Pros

I love that you can get cash off easily at Walmart. Sending invoices and receiving payments is done with ease .

Cons

The set up in the app is a little confusing at first but once you get used to isn't it's really not an issue.

Mostly from the reviews.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Commerce Platform

Reviews and personal experience with the service.

suman from Nthrive

Paypal Pay Fast everywhere

Paypal Invoicing has always been one of the closest since its inception.No matter you are a big business or a mid side or small size business or even if you are an individual,they got something for everyone which really shows how caring they are for one and all.Best in business to sent or receive payment without using huge pile of papers.create invoice in few clicks and get paid , one can easily edit invoice as per the needs and the smooth transaction\ experience they provide is unbeatable.Will have more in days to come as even API also comes for all.

Pros

What I really like about paypal invoicing is no matter where you are sitting ,just get your money reach you in the superfast way by spending a minimum time to create a invoice in few clicks ,which one could ever imagine. I thing paypal invoicing change the complete picture of global financial industries and it established themselves in such a way that people or business cannot think of any other else or any other name except PAYPAL for doing business ,whether it sending or receiving money with a invoice or accessing multiple currencies in the easiest form,its completely unique ,even the API functionality its amazing .

Cons

If I compare to other big competitor in the business , I fee like they are not doing or spending to much on the advertising part because this is one of the best medium and how could they are limiting themselves in the advertising part .I think they are not trying to give a imagination which others are taking advantage like working with advertisement in 5D,6D or 10 D.which they need to look into and I want it from payal to show who they are .create imagination for people.

Paul from Ayala's Small Business Consulting

Simple, powerful and mobile invoicing

As a Small Business Consultant, Bookkeeping, Full Service Payroll and Income Tax Preparation are just some of the services I provide to small businesses and self-employed independent contractors. I require the ability to invoice my clients in various ways in accordance with the terms and conditions defined in their specific retainer contracts. PayPal Invoicing fits my needs so well that I have chosen to use it instead of invoicing features included in QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, Wave Accounting, Freshbooks or any other accounting software solution. Best of all, using PayPal Invoicing in conjunction with my PayPal for Business mobile app and PayPal Business Card has enabled me to eliminate the delays in receiving payments from my clients that result from all of those other options.

Pros

Invoices are easy to create, submit and track. Default settings and multiple templates can be configured for easier invoicing and recurring invoices can be setup too. Get the PayPal for Business mobile app and a PayPal Business Card and you have the absolute quickest process to invoice your clients/customers and receive payment immediately, from anywhere. No more waiting days to receive a deposit into your bank account. As soon as your invoice is paid, you can withdraw the funds from an ATM, request a cash withdrawal and pick it up at your nearest Walmart, or simply pay for goods and services directly with your PayPal Business Card.

Cons

Multiple options for payments terms to choose from, but no custom option available. For example, standard terms like Net 30 available, but no way to enter custom payments terms like Net 5 (nothing fewer than 10 days available).

Akande from Hunter Industries

A great invoicing solution for business

Overall, PayPal invoicing is a great tool that is included with your PayPal business account, meaning there is no annual fee or monthly fee associated with it. It allows you to track on-app and off-app payments as well which is nice.

Pros

PayPal's invoicing offering is exceptionally easy to use and learn. I transitioned from another product to PayPal invoicing and was impressed with the robust features, customizable options and overall performance of the application.

Cons

There are some limitations around payment options and allowing multiple payments on a single invoice. You can make a deposit, but no features or functionality around milestone payments for example, which would be really nice.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Commerce Platform

FreshBooks had a nominal cost for essentially the same functionality, so it made more sense to make the full switch to PayPal.

Daniel from Eat A Pita Food Truck/Catering

Easy Money Transfers

I have the Paypal debit card now, which I have been using as my food/ingredient purchasing business card. I transfer êxcess funds to my checking account. No problems with the card thus far.

Pros

Having a very small business, food truck, it is crucial that I save as much money on services as I can. Paypal is free for me to use and pennies on the dollar to transfer funds to my bank account. Paypal comes in handy when collecting deposits for catering gigs. I can simply email my customer an invoice and they can transfer the 50% deposit directly to Paypal. This saves me time, which is equal to money, by not having to physically meet my customer to retrieve my deposit. Plus it saves me a trip to bank. Frees up a lot of time I need for food shopping and prep.

Cons

Customer service is sometimes a hassle and large transfers take longer to process. I suppose its a security thing, but I have been a customer of theirs for over 5 years and should have a better understanding of my pattern of transfer amounts.

Frederick from Figment Design, Inc

Wish all my customers paid via PayPal

We market and sell a complex product which is not a solid solution for everyone. Most times this disconnect is not understood until weeks into post sale. We have a very liberal return policy to account for this complexity. PayPal is the company which makes our customer support deparment smile when they process a return and discover the customer paid with PayPal.

Pros

I manage an e-commerce site which accepts all forms of traditional credit cards and PayPal for customer checkout. I deal daily with the big 3 processors and PayPal and to say the differences are oceans apart is an understatement. PayPal's customer support and processes are the gold standard in the online payment processing world. You get the right answer the first time every time. Their payment and refund policies are fair, accurate, and timely. They are a pleasure to do business with.

Cons

My only complaint about PayPal is that not enough consumers utilize their service. I am sure they share this same complaint with themselves.

Liz from Liz Wade Photography

PayPal Checkout for a Small Business

Overall, PayPal Checkout has been a simple, safe, and reputable solution to offering online payments to my clients. With its easy Wordpress integration, I invested very little time into getting set up. Being able to take payments ahead of meeting my clients in person has been a boost to business, so I am willing to overlook the fees incurred with taking payments online through Paypal Checkout.

Pros

I am a professional freelance photographer and I take bookings through my website. I needed a safe, reputable and easy way for clients to pay for their sessions and products online. PayPal Checkout was the solution to my problem. It easily integrated into my Wordpress website so my clients don't need to leave my website to complete payment. It's mobile friendly, which is a great feature since I know at least 50% of my clients access my website on their phones.

Cons

My biggest complaint about Paypal Checkout can hardly be avoided; the fees I incur when clients pay me through it. I don't know of any free sales merchant, though, so this may be a moot point. My second complaint would be that customer service is lacking. I recently had an issue where all of clients' credit cards were being declined through Paypal Checkout on my website and I had trouble speaking with customer support about why this was happening.

ASHLEY from Ashley's Fitness Party

PayPal Invoicing made my business transactions simple!

My overall experience with PayPal Invoicing has been very satisfying. It has saved me a ton of time in processing invoices and payments with my constantly revolving personal training client contracts.

Pros

What I like most about the PayPal Invoicing software is that I can electronically send an invoice to a personal training client within minutes. I have many clients weekly and they are all on different contracts. There are 2-week, 30 day and 45 day contracts. Therefore, I need to be able to quickly create and send new invoices to clients as their contracts expire. PayPal Invoicing allows me the opportunity to renew invoices from anywhere at any time.

Cons

The only issue I have had with PayPal Invoicing is when I first started using the product, my first client payment was placed on hold for a week, because it was a large amount and they needed to do an additional verification process. That was definitely an inconvenience to my business.

Brian from Western Governors University

If they click away, they get away...

PayPal is an easy platform for new businesses to use and get paid for their goods and services. Fees are very reasonable, transfers of available funds from your PayPal account into your bank are free and lightning quick (for me it is either ACH transfer for free and in the account in the morning, or they send it through my debit card, 1% fee, but instant deposit to my checking account). When starting a business there is already a vast array of critical components all vying for your attention and dollars, so start off at least with PayPal for simple ease of use. Add PayPal Checkout to your checkout page as a payment option and voila you even have a built-in financing system customers may opt to use via their PayPal Credit Account - an account that is rather easy to qualify for as well and offers financing deals so you don't have to! This gives them every reason to go ahead and just do it - and you just made another sale.

Pros

PayPal Checkout is an easy way to offer another very popular payment option to that all important checkout page on your website. Keep them on task, checking out, and you making that sale, so they don't meander off your page and end up making their purchase elsewhere.

Cons

This method does on some devices limit consumer choice for their PayPal to charge the account they want, i.e. limit on number of cards displayed and/or limiting ability to add a new payment method without going to PayPal's site.

Briann from Brianna alassondra beauty

Industry: Cosmetics

Best thing ever

I love PayPal and have used PayPal for over 5+ years for my business. Even when I tried new stuff I always made my way back to PayPal.

Pros

I love the fact that I can create and save templates for invoicing. I have several different templates saved for different services. I also love the fact that I can use this platform on my phone as well. Makes creating invoices a breeze. Also the option now to add a tip on the invoice and minimum payment as well.

Cons

There is nothing really to complain about with this invoicing app. Its easy to use.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Commerce Platform

I feel like it’s just the universal app for businesses.

Jessica from Alaska Northern Lights

Industry: Medical Devices

Paypal Checkout - a must have on your site

Pros

We have been using Paypal Checkout on our website for over 10+ years. Our demographic is mostly older individuals and we found that they prefer Paypal checkout over a general merchant account on our website. The ease of use for the consumer is great and payments are processed near immediate. Also, the money is available on our side very quickly. Transferring to our account takes only 1 business day as well. I highly recommend having Paypal Checkout as an option on your website.

Cons

The reports aren't great and definitely could be spruced up a bit. Since we have been using them for so long, the reports really haven't changed much in all those years. So, we kinda just got used to it now.

Gian Angelo from Freelance

After Years Of Invoicing, Here's What I Think...

Overall, I trust PayPal and PayPal invoicing. I've been using it for over 7 years and never had a problem or issue whatsoever. It's easy to use if you can follow instructions, fast, and has some decent customization options, enough to make a confident brand for yourself.

Pros

You can definitely trust PayPal invoicing. It's one of the more robust systems that I have access to right now since other better options aren't available in my country yet however, PayPal invoicing is easy to use, visual enough for you to know and see everything you need, and you basically get paid.

Cons

Limited customization options, some limitations with scheduling, but these are just minor problems that don't need to be fixed immediately.

Karreecha from Serve Well LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Sal The Paypal

I use the invoice capability when doing business. I mostly use invoice for people I 've built a relationship with whether they pay me at the time of service or not. I've used Paypal invoicing for the past 3 years and have not had any issues with it.

Pros

I like it because it's easy to use for my business. I am able to link it to other accounts and it is very useful when I sell online or in person, but I typically use my card reader.

Cons

Customer Support can sometimes be daunting. Sometimes, I don't get a response as quick as I need it.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Commerce Platform

So that I will be able to provide services to more than one populations. A lot of people don't have other transaction mediums: Venmo, CashApp, etc...

Sean from Grady Dental Care

Why use anything else?

Giving my customers the ability to pay for their services online is appealing. Not everyone has a checking account and if they cannot pay in person with a credit card, doing so online is a great alternative.

Pros

My programmer is the one who put PayPal checkout on my website, and he said its easy to install. That is important because I have heard other options are difficult to deal with. Also. PayPal is a very recognizable brand so when my customers go to pay they can do so with confidence.

Cons

It can be buggy. Over the last 5 years it has gone down a couple times requiring my programmer to uninstall and reinstall it. I assume this could happen with any product though.

Ricky from Cardax, Inc

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Essential for anyone in sales!

We wanted to give the customers a variety of options to pay so it's not a negating issue when checking out. I wouldn't want to lose a potential sale because we didn't have Paypal. Overall, the convenience, simplicity, and ease of use make it a no-brainer!

Pros

The ease of use to add it to our Shopify online sales page. It gives customers just another option to pay. With PayPal being so popular payment platform it seems almost necessary for anyone doing sales to use Paypal. The fees per transaction are very reasonable. The Paypal portal is so easy to use and operate as well. You can easily sync with your bank account and transfer funds the next day for free! So I wouldn't recommend using the instant transfer which requires an extra fee unless you need your funds immediately. It's really hard to mess anything up using Paypal checkout!

Tanya from Jezebels Daughter

Paypal Checkout

Pros

It allows customers to feel confident their personal and financial information will remain secure when making purchases using PayPal Checkout. This means they will usually spend more. It also makes it easier to issue refunds to customers when necessary.

Cons

We really haven’t had many problems with PayPal Checkout, except rare occasions when it’s takes payments a little longer to process.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Commerce Platform

Paypal checkout can be used by everyone without requiring special equipment or a specific type of cell phone. All you need to use PayPal is a valid email address and Internet access.

Sarah from WCSO

Industry: Public Safety

Safe Way To Spend Money

I will forever use this app to send people money and to request money. It is so much easier than going by the ATM. It saves time.

Pros

What I love the most about this software is that it is safe and easy to use. Someone send you the invoice and you just pay it through your card. It is a secured line of information so you do not have to worry about anything being compromised.

Cons

It's sometimes slow and can hard to move through but it is not that bad. Pretty much no cons.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Commerce Platform

It was introduced to me by a friend and I just fell in love with how easy it is

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Commerce Platform

This is much easier and more convent

Fast and Easy Checkout

I have implemented PayPal checkout on an e-commerce website and it was easy to add in and it has worked great since then.

Pros

Paypal is widely accepted and it's very easy to from customer standpoint. You just have to log in and Paypal takes care of everything else like shipping address, credit card details, and currency conversation. One of the biggest advantages is that you can keep balance in your PayPal account and you can use that any websites which accept PayPal. From the developer perspective, it couldn't have been any easier to integrate PayPal checkout. The documentation is very well documented and a lot of examples in various languages.

Cons

The customer service is very terrible, at-least through email. I have contacted them once and it took them a week to resolve the issue. The agent didn't even read the issue I was having and they just sent me links to resolve the issue which was completely unrelated to the issue I was having.

Richard from The Social Eagle

A Great Way to Invoice Clients/Businesses

Overall, my experience with PayPal has always better positive. I've never had one problem or issue while using PayPal invoicing. In my experience, it's simple and easy - and the fact that it comes with a premade invoice template makes the entire process seamless. You can print off invoices once paid for tracking and documentation, which is always helpful. If you use the mobile app, you can receive notifications once the invoice is sent and once paid.

Pros

- Very easy to learn to use - Ability to send invoices via email or live links. - PayPal has a great customer support team. - Quick and seamless - Premade invoice template that can be used for documentation

Cons

- There are fees to use PayPal's services - Once an invoice is paid, it can take 2-3 days for you to receive the funds. - Instant transfers are subject to up-to 10% tax.

Excellent

Despite the fact that I think the transfer fee is high, I really appreciate PayPal and will continue to use it. It's not perfect but overall, it is a ideal for transferring money. If you don't mind the fee with it then you might not have any issues with PayPal.

Pros

Regardless of what size your business might be, PayPal is an excellent way to transfer money and receive it. It's very straight forward on how to set things up. The great part about PayPal is you can download the app on mobile devices. You can then review your subscriptions that might be recurring on multiple platforms.

Cons

I believe that one of the things that I dislike most about PayPal is the transfer fee if you would like for the money to show up instantly in your bank. I get the fact that PayPal has it where you can wait for free for a few days and it shows, but sometimes I need it instantly. The fee can really hurt my account sometimes when I want to transfer it instantly and I end up just backing out of it.

Josh Bernthold, from The Hotshot Group

Invoicing That's Getting Better and Better

Pros

I like the ease of use with PP invoicing. I also like that they are starting to add new features such as recurring billing and more ways to make your invoices more detailed. It is still a work in progress and they are adding to it little by little which is better than it at a standstill.

Cons

You basically have to dive in and get your feet wet with the invoicing. There is no real walkthrough and anything that shows "how" to use the invoicing. It is pretty straight forward but, there is more to it that could benefit from a detailed overview of some sort.

Brett from Buffalo wings and rings

Industry: Restaurants

PayPal makes life easier!

What I like most about this software is how simple and quick it is to create or send any invoice in seconds right from your phone. I used to spend time I didn’t have creating and sending invoices, but with PayPal invoice I can now use that time for other things!

Pros

What I like most about PayPal invoice is how quick and easy it is to create and send invoices. You have the luxury of doing it right from your phone in seconds.

Cons

One thing that I think PayPal could change about the software is the fee’s within the App. Make it free and so many more people would use it as their primary way for creating invoices!

pat from innerlight photography

Industry: Photography

Paypal Invoices - great for business!

Great experience with PayPal invoicing for my business. Easy to set up and use and clients don't need to have a PayPal account to make payments which is a huge plus.

Pros

I have been using PayPal invoicing to send invoices/receive payments for my photography business for a few years now. I really love how easy it is to use compared to other invoicing software like Quickbooks. I also love the fact that most people have used and/or familiar with PayPal so it's trustworthy and a secure way to make payments.

Cons

The least thing I like about this software is the 2.9% translation fee which is a bit higher than Square.

Sonia from Vallejo Cellulars , LLC.

Great to send invoices and It is free too use!

My overall experience has been amazing! I really don't have to worry about payments, I just sent them the invoice via e-mail and they pay online. I really recommend it!

Pros

Paypal Online Invoicing is totally free, which is why I love it. It is really easy to use, and you can customize it and make it look really professional. Invoices can be created on any device and sent via e-mail to the customer and in case they prefer the paper invoice , you are allowed to save that invoice as a pdf file to print it.

Cons

I have no complaints or anything I dislike about Paypal invoicing.

Shayna from Self-Employed

Industry: Writing and Editing

Easy to manage invoices, professional features, and compatible internationally

Today's PayPal is a major improvement over the earliest versions, with fewer glitches, faster customer service, and better overall outcomes. I feel pretty secure conducting most of my invoicing via PayPal and my clients love the ease of use. The best part is the speed from invoice to money in the bank - a small business dream.

Pros

I appreciate how widely recognized PayPal now is, making it easy for clients around the world to quickly pay invoices electronically. The format makes it easy to keep records and address any client concerns as well. Most of my clients have no issues with compatibility or access in their home countries. Invoicing via PayPal has dramatically decreased the amount of time between the completion of projects and payment, which is deeply appreciated as a freelancer. I am also grateful for the ability to customize invoices to create a more professional presentation (although I confess, I often simply use the basic template which is totally sufficient).

Cons

My only disappointment with invoicing via PayPal is that it doesn't recognize my credit union as a "verifying" financial institution. I have had to maintain a bank account at a national bank that I would have otherwise closed before now in order to receive money from some of my international clients.

Susan from Self Employed

Industry: Graphic Design

Invoicing Couldn't Be Easier

I have used PayPal invoicing for several years now without any issues. In fact, it saved the day when I had a client claim they had already paid me. When I shared a screenshot showing his unpaid invoice, payment was received within 24 hours. I haven't used the recurring feature yet but nice to know it's there.

Pros

I love how easy it is to create an invoice in PayPal. I am not a frequent user but when I need to submit an invoice for client work it couldn't be easier. I recently set up saved items for frequently billed line items... awesome. The ability to attach files to the invoices is great for future reference of what the invoice was for. Saves unnecessary research or questions down the road. I exclusively invoice for digital goods so I really appreciate the option to distinguish what type of product is being provided to the client.

Cons

I'm sure there are some "super" users who will want more bells and whistles but for me, the invoicing system works great.

Shawn from Self-employed

A must for your e-commerce business!

Because my e-commerce business uses PayPal Checkout, customers who use PayPal feel safer that they have PayPals guarantee and do not have to disclose their credit card information to make a purchase. Because of this I am seeing more customers, and more using PayPal.

Pros

I liked that customers could instantly check out with PayPal by clicking the checkout with PayPal button. The payment is instantly sent to your business PayPal account and the customer has the peace of mind of the PayPal protection.

Cons

The fees are a little high and instantly taken away from the customers payment.

Quit the Hassle in Invoicing and Use PayPal

Top of its class with instant invoicing.

Pros

As a Supply Chain Specialist, I wear many hats and a major part of my responsibilities is billing and invoicing while keeping track of inventory. I have found PayPal Invoicing to be the most convenient way of collecting or sending money with international clients. In an instant, you can receive notifications that payments has been rendered. You can automatically transfer the funds to the bank account with no cost if you prefer one banking day and slight cost if you want it in ten minutes. With Paypal, you are secured and not have to worry about credit cards. I use PayPal for my own personal needs as well.

Cons

The fees for international payments are a bit high and I wish they could lower it. The exchange rates are also iffy and are always obviously in favor of PP, regardless of which way you convert it from/to.

Works well with website integration, with one minor drawback

It's overall a good platform and one that I would recommend. But if your customers are more impulse-based and you're worried about a dropoff at checkout, other platforms are likely better to allow them to enter their credit card, place the order, and move on with their day.

Pros

It's so easy to plug into a site! I'm a graphic and web designer; and when it comes to web design, I work exclusively in WordPress. Integrating PayPal checkout into a website is SO quick and easy, and great for sites where the client wants to be up and running, like, yesterday.

Cons

The major drawback for me was that it wasn't as streamlined and user-friendly as platforms like Stripe. This is great for places like nonprofits and community groups that want to accept credit cards quickly and want to use their PayPal account. But I've found it to be a little more difficult for the user who has their credit card in-hand and is ready to pay.

Aaron from Nationwide Access

Convenient checkout process for our customers

PayPal helps a lot in avoiding fraudulent transaction. Thus reduced our loss.

Pros

Makes our checkout process very user friendly. It is very convenient for our customer who use PayPal. They will just login and all the details are filled. And of course every transaction is backed by PayPal.

Cons

The new interface design. You need to do a lot of clicks before you can access the search bar. And when you search something, you have to select a category first. If i remember correctly, the old interface allows you to just input the transaction ID and then hit enter.

Adam from Octopus Mobile

Easiest Online Invoicing

Very easy to use and manage online invoices.

Pros

Online money transfer is easy with PayPal and it is a great addition to be able to create an invoice for clients. Trust of the brand and the reputation of PayPal is helping to establish a good relationship with the customers. Very reliable product.

Cons

The buyer protection policy is making the sellers' life difficult if the buyer reports any item different than described. They get their money back, but the items are not easy to get returned if returned at all.

Highly Recommend

The ability to select any form of payment that you choose as well as the simple login convenience that has recently been added. Helps me to get the items that I need and not spend several minutes typing in payment information.

Pros

Having the security that all my transactions are in one place as well as the ease of making purchases online. I prefer to checkout with PayPal over any other transaction. Convenient for desktop, laptop and mobile purchases. easy to set up.

Cons

I am having a hard time remembering a problem I have had with Paypal.

Carl from Self Employed

Fastest way to pay for most purchases, love the pone-click option!

How easy and fast it is to checkout from a purchase in most online stores. I wish all online stores used Paypal checkout. I just reviewed the actual Paypal resource and this Paypal Checkout is their best option for making an efficient purchase quickly!

Pros

I've used Paypal Checkout in many websites like Best Buy, Target, Kmart/Sears, and others. The fastest way to pay as all one needs is their email and Paypal password, often times places I order from a lot have the one-click pay option.

Cons

Nothing, works great in most store websites.

Great Way to Request Money

I've found that this is a really great way to invoice customers without requiring they share any sensitive payment info. It's great for transactions that occur largely over email when people aren't willing to share their credit card number. It's a really great all-in-one solution that lets you create an invoice that can effortlessly be paid.

Pros

-This makes it extremely easy to request money from customers. -You can adjust the currency to their own. -Allows people to pay with whatever method they choose, they don't even need a Paypal account.

Cons

-There's almost nothing I dislike. If anything, it's difficult to integrate into payment reporting, but this likely varies considerably by setup.

Ashley from Kraine Commissions

Great for Small Businesses

Pros

I use paypal invoicing every day for my business. It's quick and easy to use. It sends the invoice directly to the customer and allows them to pay it directly. If I need to send reminders to the customer, it's a single click to send a reminder to a customer. It's my favorite invoicing system to use. It allows you to edit your invoices as well and update them as needed.

Cons

There aren't many negatives to this. It's intuitive and easy to use.

Jonathan from Retail/Self Employed

It's so easy , it does it for you!

I sell products online. I downloaded the paypal app now after linking my accounts , it's all automatic. I don't have to do anything. It see's that I have sold something and sends out my invoice to my customer instantly. It's the best all in one app for everything to get paid and keep track of your money.

Pros

that I don't have to do anything but link my accounts. After that it's automatic. I don't have to do anything, it auto sends out my invoices.

Cons

There is no Cons! There is nothing to dislike about this app