All Shippo Reviews

Tiffany

July 2022

Easy to use with good discounts

Marci

Saved by Shippo!

Overall this saved my little business! Cheaper than most others, quick and effective, you couldn't ask for much more than that!

Pros

If you have a small business and need to ship constantly this is the way to go! Cheap, fast and effective, it helps get the job done!

Cons

I would like to see a retrieval option for printing labels that have been marked as shipped. Sometimes I like to send freebies and extras to my customers and it would help being able to access the same label info and add it to a new label and tracking number.

Linda

Perfect solution for a small business owner

I love the ability to see all the shipping options available to me so that I can easily pick the right product. This is particularly helpful when considering the different ways to use USPS Priority Mail. I am confident that I always am able to easily select the most cost effective shipping option for my product and destination. Shippo's customer service is also outstanding. Because of a training issue at our local post office, my company was assessed a number of label surcharges by the USPS due to a USPS postal clerk putting multiple items on the scale at one time. Shippo handled the situation by filing disputes on my behalf saving me a lot of time.

Pros

I love that both my website sales and my Etsy shop sales can flow into Shippo so that order management and shipping label purchases can be done from one platform.

Cons

I love it! It just is so much easier than other platforms I've used. There isn't anything I'd change.

Reasons for choosing Shippo

Shippo seemed to be easier to use. I'm a small business owner and together with my husband, we own and operate several small businesses. I don't have time to waste, so I needed something economical and easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

I didn't like the fact that Etsy was using a 3rd party vendor for my International orders. This practice was causing my International orders to sit in the US awaiting a bulk shipment to the destination country and the time the orders sat was sometimes upwards of 4 weeks. I wanted the ability to manage my own shipping without Etsy controlling when it would actually leave the country.

CURTIS

Be aware the carrier they contract with is not the same as if you go directly to the carrier...

With the fact they do not have phone support I must tell you avoid their services. While there are links and procedures to follow to put through insurance claims or communicate other issues there is a lag time and don't expect a live person. My suggestion: Read their legal ease carefully, pick another service or simply buy direct where there may be a human to help...

Pros

It is easy to use and relatively fast to get an order processed and paid for.

Cons

...the shipping carriers they represent are not giving you exactly the same services as if you bought from them directly.... I send high value packages and I buy insurance for them. I tend to exclusively ship using the USPS option. It is the lowest price generally and they have never lost a package I have sent. The problem came when for the first time a client CLAIMED they did not receive the item. Short story is USPS did not know to require a signature and the package was left. Shipsurance shippos insurance claimed I didn't buy the signature required. However USPS does not require you buy it as an extra charge when the package exceeds $500. It automatically comes with it. Since shippo uses the carriers' logos, I assume I am actually buying from the USPS as they provide their service. I hand off the packages to the local post office and they scan it... Shame on shippo for not being EXTREMELY clear what you are buying and how they may be different then buying from the carrier themselves... A simple banner pop up saying are you aware... is critical but absent. Of course you can buy the extra service... but then I might have shopped around and that is why they don't... In my opinion.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

To save money, however I have returned to the original service...

Peter

Industry: Wholesale

November 2022

There are tools that need to be developed.

It was beneficial for the shipping process in general. It was just unpleasant for us to use the product. The product needs to be improved in this sense.

Pros

Customer service. Shipment tag functionality for order form. The integration option is satisfactory. Tools that make the shipping and shipment tracking process practical.

Cons

Using the product is not easy. The price is high compared to its competitors. Ul could have been more intuitive and cleaner.

Alex

Very happy customer

Overall my experience has been a 10/10. In about 90% of shipments the rates on shippo are the best and the process is the quickest I’ve used.

Pros

The setup was a breeze and the rates are extremely competitive. One of my favorite features is the auto fill function with addresses. Payment is very straightforward and I enjoy reviewing the monthly reports on all my shipments.

Cons

The only negative I can say is that occasionally the auto fill on the address will pull something that is incorrect. I’ve had one package be shipped to the wrong address because of this. Luckily the address didn’t exist so the package was returned, but it took a full week to get it back and we had to reimburse the customer for the delay. I would suggest creating a review/confirm field after you click buy that allows you to review the final label for accuracy prior to it being purchased. I would have caught the error that way.

Reasons for choosing Shippo

Stamps had a monthly account cost. It was far too expensive to justify the cost over shippo.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

I switched because there was no monthly retainer charge as the number of shipments I send can vary drastically each month. So I wanted something that charged per shipment and not a minimum cost just to have an account. I also moved away from usps directly because their prices are just too high and their website is not good for anything other than priority mail.

Phil

Industry: Music

Recommended Ease

I use it for multiple businesses and have recommended it over rivals for ease of use and a simplistic layout. I am learning more each year. I run two different e-commerce platforms and I have the ability to choose which I want to ship from. I mostly use shippo if the volume is over 3-4 packages to ease the burden at the local post office. To my delight, shippo has never seemed to go offline at least while i'm using it

Pros

Integrations with 3rd party e-commerce platform to sync labels Commercial Rates for USPS The ability to print multi shipment manifests Label purchases are billed once a week Ease with reprinting a label that did not print correctly or creating another label going to the same place 5c plus per label charge on top of the commercial rate

Cons

No real cons, sometimes you are paying a few cents more than another commercial carrier for USPS but I cannot seem to figure out how its calculated. I wish it there was a mobile app just for tracking shipments outgoing. I have had a few issues with international addresses not being recognized but a quick google search resolves the isue.

Reasons for choosing Shippo

Pricing, I may pay more in the long run as shipment volume increase but in the early years, no monthly charge to send 5 packages a month was better. Now I send about 50.

Britt

eCommerce is a fun now

I appreciate all that they are doing to bring eCommerce to food and beverages in a meaningful way. It's nice to know everything I need will be in one place and I can search for problems before I reach out to their team for more information. It's rare that my problem and troubleshooting aren't available in their help system.

Pros

I love the adaptability and software applications that I can use. I have discovered several spaces where I needed to streamline or needed an application function(s) that were already synced and functional with Shippo. Their customer service is OTC- Off The Charts- responsive and very empathetic to a sometimes overwhelmed solopreneur.

Cons

I would like to be able to update the look of the dashboard with weekly stats/updates available to show how much Shippo saves me time and energy.

Reasons for choosing Shippo

The mascot, copywriting/language use, customer service interface, and overall layout of the product were my deciding factors. I also liked there was not an ounce of pressure to do the paid tiers if I didn't need that level of bells/whistles for my business.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

I didn't like the "bank" and minimum balance requirements for printing the labels. I also struggled with implementing ShipStations services into my website update. It was hard to tell when/how they planned to innovate.

Cameron

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Forget the others... Shippo is my go to!

I have loved doing my order fulfillment with Shippo. Having a platform that could show me my options for carrier/speed/rate is extremely helpful and it allows us to very seamlessly fulfill orders for our customers! 10/10 recommended to anyone shipping packages!

Pros

- integration with Shopify - option to default export as 4x6 labels (Perfect for my Dymo 4XL printer) - easy to use interface - customize packing slip with logo - competitors often have ugly branding on the shipping label, but Shippo elegantly has a cute hippo!

Cons

- modifying the packing list in Shippo is available in some cases, but often when I needed it, it was disabled. - the verification process for new account sign ups currently has a manual verification via email with customer service representatives which could be automated.

Reasons for choosing Shippo

I thoroughly researched and tested alternative products for our e-commerce venture and Shippo by far surpassed their competitors and my expectations!

Retiree Shipping From Home

Being retired I love that I can ship from home with your super good rates. I buy and sell online and you have the best choice of shippers and rates.

Pros

I like the easiness. And the competitive pricing. I like to ship from home without having to go somewhere else. I love the competitive choices of how to ship and how much to spend. I can print and ship any time day or night.

Cons

I would like to be able to get an estimate based on zip codes and package size before I commit a name and address.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

More shipping options and more competitive prices.

Samina

December 2022

Shipping

I love to use this software for my business

Pros

Print the labels are so easy for my business

Cons

I'm using this software regularly but I didn't found anything least so far

Nothing

Jason

Industry: Industrial Automation

Works, Fairly Priced, Good Support

Pros

Incredibly simple API allows access to multiple shipping vendors. Price discounts for USPS are great.

Cons

We could do without the Shippo logo on USPS labels. We had some issues connecting to our UPS account but after that got fixed its worked great.

Reasons for choosing Shippo

We had the same problem connecting UPS to our account with both products. We opened support tickets with both Shippo and ShipStation. Shippo was able to quickly help fix the problem, ShipStation was not able to help and asked us to call UPS. Shippo's excellent initial support quality was why we decided to go with Shippo over ShipStation.

William

Shippo is EASILY within Top 3 shipping methods

Overall experience was very positive.

Pros

Most important, very competitive rates across the most popular platforms. 2nd, easy to use. I'm in and out for all my labels. 3rdly, Incredibly responsive support team.

Cons

Not being able to customize the label size to unique sizes.

Reasons for choosing Shippo

Membership isn't necessary. Makes it easy for slow seasons.

Benjamin

Industry: Sporting Goods

Great shipping software!

Pros

Very user friendly, easy to set up, and easy to use. Much faster than our previous options.

Cons

The lack of mobile support. The dashboard is very hard to use on a phone.

Reasons for choosing Shippo

Cheapest for my use - liked the pay-per-label option.

Reasons for switching to Shippo

Better integration with new website.

Shippo is my chosen program

All in all, excellent except as noted above

Pros

I like the fact that it was not complicated to learn. It was very easy and logical. I get great value on my printed labels and The Shippo Insurance appears to be a great value too! I like the fact that I can choose between multiple shipping methods even though USPS in by far my chosen method. Record keeping is a snap with the ability to download orders or shipments and I also receive emails from Shippo every time I buy 1 label or multiple at a time. I like the fact that I get a copy of the label (great for reprints and records and invoices too)! I have multiple online stores and my order are imported in and in many cases I automatically designate box size and weight.

Cons

I do not like the fact that I can not import and combine orders going to the same buyer. (it saves me shipping and insurance cost)! This needs to be changed. I have twice asked support for this and have not gotten a reasonable answer. The other problem I have had is that I have two stores with eBay and when I have to change a password on one I have to delete both and reinstall. Treating each store as independent of the other would allow me to delete one and not have to reinstall both!

Reasons for choosing Shippo

After my bad experience with Stamps they offered me a stronger deal. Too Late. After looking at ShipStation, ShippingEasy, and ShipWorks I discovered they were owned or controlled by stamps.com. I gave up an eight year relation with Stamps.com and did not want to fall back in their trap. I chose Shippo because they were independent and had top-notch reviews. It was a great choice!

Reasons for switching to Shippo

Last year Stamps.com had poor customer service, and they had severe software problems which imported some of my stores but not my eBay stores after they updated software. Contacting technical support took hours only to be given a quick fix that only worked once. Then I had to call again and this went on daily for two weeks. I was always promise but never called back. They still owe me $6 and will not refund unless I sign back up and use it to print a label. Shippo is a better platform by far.

Amber