• Pros

• "I love the editing capabilities, and the ease of use - it doesn't take long at all to learn the different functions"

• "I got the basic version and I love it! Super easy to use. Like anything, will take time to learn, but otherwise, awesome!"

• "This software has been great for us for a long time. Whether we are desiring to use a template, or make a custom page, Weebly has always worked for us. The price can't be beat either!"

• Cons

• "It is easy to use, but it could be a little bit more intuitive."

• "As for cons, I don’t believe that the paid version has much to offer in terms of contrast from the free version; other than that the, the platform Work’s flawlessly"

• "It can be a bit plain and repetitive graphically but the team does go out of their way to refresh the workable options and aesthetics fairly often!"

Browse Weebly Reviews

Joshua from Lake City Inspections LLC

Great For Those With Little Experience

Overall, this would be my go-to platform to build a fast and easy website for any friends who need something great looking but manageable with little experience or learning curve.

Pros

The best thing about Weebly is the simplicity of building a very professional looking website with little or no site-building experience. If WordPress is out of reach for you but you need a solid professiona looking site for your small business, Weebly is the way to go. I built several websites for other companies in the past using this platform with the idea that they can then manage it themselves without any technical knowledge. This was the perfect platform for this and among other similar platforms definitely seemed to be the easiest to use.

Cons

There definitely is a ceiling of what you can do with this platform. From there you will want to move to something more advanced like WordPress. This isn't necessarily a knock on Weebly though, they never designed it to be a WordPress rival in general.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Ease of use. Little learning curve. Professional designs.

Emeka from Innovation Growth Hub

One Of The Best Drag And Drop Website Builders

I used Weebly to create my first ever website, and that free of charge. This was when CMSs where not as rampant as they are today. Weebly was a good choice for me, and through it I derived the joy of having my first website.

Pros

I've been using Weebly for quite a while now. It is one of the available drag and drop Content Management Systems (CMS). I love Weebly for the reasons below: 1. It is free to start: Weebly is a free to start CMS. It allows one to build a free website using a free Weebly customised domain name, and free hosting. Weebly was the first CMS I used when I was starting out on my digital career. I was on no budget for website design, but Weebly provided me with all I needed to get started, and that free of charge. 2. Drag and drop: Using Weebly is very easy, and requires no technical knowledge to get started. I started using Weebly when I knew how to write zero lines of code, but I was able to get things done with the available drag and drop editor. One only need to drag some needed elements from the left part of the editor to the right part of the editor, and then customise it to suit his/her choice. 3. Security: Using Weebly one need not be concerned about updating the website's security, and some other technical stuffs as Weebly takes care of them. This lifted all worries about website security from my shoulders. 4. Ecommerce website design: Using Weebly to build an ecommerce website is very easy using the relevant drag and drop elements. This reduced the stress and the time to be consumed when trying to build an ecommerce website from scratch, or using other more demanding CMS.

Cons

There are a few things I don't like about Weebly. Those things include: 1. Outlook of the editor: This is a major thing that pissed me off Weebly. The editor's layout is not as professional as that of other CMSs I've used. 2. Cost: Though Weebly is free to start with, but when one wants to add a custom domain name, and/or some other features, the one will need to upgrade, and I consider the cost of upgrading to be high compared to that of some other alternatives. These are the two major concerns I have about Weebly, apart from which I will consider it to be a cool software.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Weebly was the first CMS I ever used. I didn't know much about CMSs when I started out with Weebly, and started using it as soon as I came across it without looking out for alternatives.

Suzie from Melody Piano Detroit

Weebly Review

Overall, I really like weebly. I feel like it's been too long though since they've added new templates, and I really wish they would do this very soon. I really like that I know their system well. I also like that they added the new 'apps' features. It gives the websites a ton of more capability, and makes my website more interactive for people visiting as well due to the new apps and tools I'm able to use through Weebly. Another thing I really like about Weebly is how I'm able to publish my work onto a sub-domain until I'm ready to purchase and go for hard launch to the public, this is great, because then I have a proper way to be able to preview my work and see exactly what my website visitors will see.

Pros

The thing I like most about Weebly is it's ease of access, and how plainly user friendly it's laid out. It makes it extremely easy to use, which helps me focus on the content I'm implementing into my website, and keeps me on task to get things finished in a quick and efficient manner.

Cons

I don't like how Weebly CONSTANTLY charges me for things I don't authorize. No matter how many times I tell them to STOP the recurring charge options, and as many times as they confirm that they have taken care of it, I never have a safe feeling that they will stop it, which makes me nervous. I've had to call weebly numerous times, because out of nowhere, I'll have a charge from Weebly for some unknown thing that I never asked for, and never consented to having my card charged for, and it's getting very frustrating to have to call them to correct the issue every single time it happens, all for it to just keep happening again at MY expense.

Rich from StreamlineDesign.com

Industry: Graphic Design

There are better options out there.

Support takes a VERY long time to reply to tickets and/or messages. Sometimes up to a week. Replies are usually canned messages or written as if the CSR doesn't really care about helping you or not. Customization to our site theme from one of their on-site-listed 3rd party customizers made our checkout page un-usable after Weebly did some updates. I had to contact Weebly support twice (over more than a week's time) before they told me they couldn't help us due to our custom theme (which I don't think carries over into the check out pages). The customizer ended up fixing it for us. The only reason we haven't gone to another e-commerce hosting company is we don't have the time to invest in setting up all of our products again in another platform. When we do have time, we'll be moving on to a better platform.

Pros

No much. It seemed to be what we needed after ditching a prior hosting company/shopping cart. The price was in-line or maybe a bit lower than some competitors.

Cons

After importing our item list we began to see how cumbersome using the back-end is. There's a huge learning curve. To this day, years after signing up, it's still difficult to navigate around. Lots of standard features are lacking, and they don't seem to be in a hurry to implement anything that their client base requests.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

The cost and what seemed to be prompt customer support.

Anant from Priyansh Animations

Weebly - Easiest Way to Get Online

All the websites that formed the backbone of my business are currently hosted on Weebly since the past 10 years. It is a great platform that is not only irreplaceable but also outright the only choice I would ever make.

Pros

The WYSIWYG Editor that Weebly pioneered Simple and Elegant Interface Multiple Domains with Stats Free Hosting Option with Unlimited Bandwidth Custom Domains and SSL Amazing Customer Support Cross Platform Support

Cons

Slower to Edit Website No Root Access to Files Lack of Template Choice Limited access to Design

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Weebly had the right combination of features.

Aaron from Grace Baptist Church

Great for simple websites

I gave up on weebly a few years ago, before ultimately coming back to them for most of my web design needs. In recent years they have taken great strides to making their sites function as good as their competitors and making their sites look as good as their competitors.

Pros

It is easy to learn and use and easy to teach my clients how to maintain their own sites Has a good variety of templates to choose from They are starting to catch up with other companies by offering plugins and apps.

Cons

Customer service is pretty hard to get in touch with as you pretty well are left to emailing problems and very rarely get real solutions. Not easy to allow your clients to have their websites transferred over to their own account once they are on the designer platform.

Aaron from District 49

Using Weebly for Basic Website Design

Overall, Weebly helped me to easily create a website and get it published on the internet in a short amount of time. It has many different features and they are easy to use. For my purposes, as a distribution of information, Weebly was a great fit. For others, it might depend on what they want to accomplish with their website.

Pros

Weebly is a great tool for basic website design. Weebly comes with templates that you can plug right in and you can also create from scratch. There are many different options for inserting various items such as images, galleries, text, maps, etc. The layout is easy to navigate. It also has more advanced options like Google AdSense, embed code, etc. What I like most about Weebly is that you can get going right away with the basic features and then build from there. I had little trouble getting my website going in just a few hours.

Cons

There have been a few things I needed to do that required some troubleshooting. These were minor things like inserting an embedded Google Doc- things that not every user would need to do. I was able to find this information easily enough on third party help sites. I found the Weebly Help Center to be fairly limited in scope.

Jake from rogue fitness

Easy to use and gets the job done!

Excellent platform to build a small business website on, excellent templates, excellent UI, easy to use. I'd highly recommend giving the free option a try to see if it'll work for you

Pros

-VERY user-friendly. Anyone can learn how to leverage Weebly to their advantage -Drag and drop features are top-notch -Free option worked great for me on a side project. You can see if Weebly is for you before paying for the premium features, which is always a good thing -Weebly allows me to keep organizaed and therefore allows me to be more efficient w/ my time -Excellent tool for smaller companies/teams/personal users -Excellent templates for people w/o the skills to do it on their own (or the desire to spend time on customizing when a template will do the job - aka me!)

Cons

Needs decent internet to use the editor. Has been an issue when I tried to make changes on some internet in a cabin I rented. Might not matter for you, but keep in mind if planning a trip somewhere remote? I really don't have anything to complain about w/ Weebly besides that. I don't feel the need to add any nitpicky comments that might steer someone away - I highly recommend Weebly, give the free option a try.

Matthew from Vinez Benefits Group

Great for beginner website admins

Pros

Easy to learn with, and it still creates visually-appealing websites. I have used this to design three separate websites, and was happy with them all.

Cons

Limits in functionality. Limits to visual design.

Cort Tafoya from Bay Area SEO Solutions

Weebly is less complicated than WordPress but has less features and flexibility

Overall I have a tough time when I need to edit HTML on Weebly or do something complex with the website. Fortunately my site's are WordPress and I only need to get into Weebly when a client uses it.

Pros

For people who are new to web publishing, Weebly might be a good fit. You won't get lost in the back end and updating content is easy.

Cons

Compared to other content management systems you can't add as many features to your website. WordPress' plugin gallery makes WordPress a superior product.

Lena from SOS Grooming

Easy and professional website design

I love weebly, Ive used it for many of my businesses to create a beautiful and professional website. It is so easy to use and to integrate any type of business into a great website. Ive used it for web stores, for appointment software, and photography. You would never know I did it myself, it looks so good.

Pros

I love that it has the WYSIWYG design and makes building and creating a multi layer website super easy. It also has the advanced features and coding for more in depth design if needed. It was also great to have so many templates to start building from.

Cons

I didnt like that you couldnt edit the footer on the free plan. I think there are some limitations, like being able to place and move objects, that have unnecessary restrictions. For example, trying to move a photo or block of text into white space, it sometimes doesnt allow you to utilize the entire area.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

I liked having the free plan to be able to test out most of the features with weebly and overall found it easier to use and the pricing plans were more competitive.

Weebly is an incredible option for building beautiful websites!

Very pleased! Weebly has allowed me to easily create beautiful sites for a competitive price. The tutorials and user friendliness are incredible!

Pros

I have built several websites with Weebly and other competitors. Here's what I like most about Weebly: - It's incredibly easy to use! Weebly offers a drag and drop interface that anyone can get the hang of using. - Reliable and error free - I've rarely experienced loading/saving errors. It's a reliable platform. - Weebly comes loaded with a variety of editable templates to choose from. - No advanced coding skills are needed, bit there is room for that if you have that skillset. - Pricing is among the best - even the free version is great. - There are great tutorials if you find yourself lost or needing help. - I think it's great for using with students It's a great introduction platform for students in website design. The blog design is a great option for students.

Cons

There's little to complain about with Weebly in my opinion, but know your purpose or intentions. If you want to build advanced sites with lots of content or sites that require passwords or money transfers, it may be beneficial to look at other platforms. You are somewhat limited with what you can do/create or the analytics you can track/collect.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Pricing was the primary reason. In hindsight, I also feel that it was easier and quicker to get the Weebly site up and live.

Susanne from Savant Medcial Billing

Even a novus can make this web building platform look professionally done

My business needs are being met with my site through Weebly. I have my provider resources built so my doctors and clinicians can go click on my forms or links and get what they need immediately. I used to do this all by hand. Having it set up on the website is a huge time saver for me and keeps everything available at the time of business for my providers and they don't have to come back to a task to complete it later if I am not available. My distribution lists are growing readily from the pop-ups to join my newsletters etc. I absolutely love Weebly's business platform, website building tools, and fee schedules. Give it a try. One more great thing about Weebly if you are just starting up they have a free website building tool and if I remember correctly 13 years ago anyways they offered free hosting with their logo inserted on the bottom of the web pages. If it;'s not free I can guarantee they are low fees to get up and running. Good luck choosing the right supports for your business and personal website management.

Pros

I really like the transparency of Weebly. It is so easy to find what you need and the program is very intelligent in how it helps assign the correct choice of an App that you want to use within the website. When you collect information from the email links they actually arrive at the outside destinations for your distribution lists and for responding to your client's requests. If you can point and click and follow pictures along the way you have this one down already! I really like the customer service I have received from Weebly people. They have all been very friendly, efficient and provided me with working solutions in responding only after 1 request submitted. They are educated on their product and this saves me time. I appreciate correct information and easy to apply solutions as I am a sole proprietor managing all of my own systems. I always get this from Weebly staff. I won't use anything else. The fees they charge are very competitive and they network so well with so many outside companies that managing your business requires. I say a big thumbs up for Weebly's technical gusto and friendly customer service.

Cons

You know I really have no complaints about Weebly. I am a somewhat savvy website builder and manager who does not perform coding so there may be more complex tasks that I am not aware that I would want. I can say my business has not suffered any loss from unknown or unused resources by building and hosting my website through Weebly.

Great options for a self-published author

I love what I can do with Weebly. I use one of the smaller package options and it allows me to apply my logo to the menu tab, as well as knock the weebly.com off my website address. I found it easy to set up photos and link them to other websites, making my home page set-up exactly as it needed to be for an author. The package I'm using also opened up the option to create a password protected page. I haven't used that option and I doubt I will. I haven't needed it up to this point. It's nice to know it's available, though. Creating a landing page to add to my social media sites was also pretty easy to do.

Pros

Weebly was so easy to set up and use. The drag and drop features can't be beat. The free to pro features are clearly outlined to help you decide which one will work best for your needs.

Cons

It's clearly created with fast, reliable internet in mind. My internet is not so fast, since our ISP uses cell towers to bounce signals around. We're a rural area and with only one company providing internet service, if lots of people are online, I can't even use the site. The editor just refuses to open.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Again, the pricing:value ration seemed better for me on Weebly.

Sarah-jean from Small Town Coven

Better than other website builders

I've been using this website builder for over 4 years and it's been with me (and my business) through many different phases. It's easy to update and change the theme, layout and overall look. So when as my business grows, my website is able to grow with me.

Pros

My favorite thing about this website builder is the FREE option. I don't have to make any quick decision or deal with trail dates that make me feel rushed into committing to it. It's very user friendly and makes it easy to create a truly personalized website. I love that they have an on website store front option too. Keeps everything nicely organized in one easy to use place. I've been using this builder for well over 4 years now (from personal blogs to business pages) and I've had 0 issues so far. This website builder is on the same level as many other, more expensive, website builders.

Cons

I haven't ever had any issues with this software so I can't really say much about cons. Everything you need is easily accessible and affordably priced.

Good website builder for small platforms

Allow us to built websites for our clients that are very nice to be seen, with all the main basic functionalities and very easy to manage

Pros

We recommend Weebly to many of our small clients as for small companies that are starting their e-commerce business is not overwhelmingand it is very easy to set up and use.It offers many features that allow you to customize your online store and some of the features are drag and drop so basically you need no effort or big knowledge on building websites.For the website layout, they do offer a great variety of templates that are nice and customizable. You will surely find one that reflects your industry or your style. The tools to manage the inventory and to process payments are good. Supports stripe and paypal My favorite feature of Weebly is the feature of the membershipgetaway, that allows you to give access to some pages just to register members.

Cons

Their strength is the simplicity, but it can become a limit when you are trying to grow your e-commerce as you might need other features that weebly do not offer as a base. Templates are nice and have been improved in quantity/quality lately but it is still a bit behind from other similar platforms

Katie from Druid Chains

Good eCommerce for small business

Weebly has made my online presence so much easier to maintain. Rather than having 3 or 4 different "locations" that I had to update with a listing or a sale, now I'm down to Etsy and Weebly. It's a huge impact in time management - I can focus on other things now.

Pros

It was and is so easy to sync with my Square account and make a really beautiful, simple website. The integration with Square's inventory means that I don't have to spend hours copying and relisting items I've already entered, and I don't have to worry about updating my website if I sell out of something at a craft show - the inventory tracking and integration with Square handles that for me.

Cons

There are some functions that could be more user-friendly or personalizable - for example, adding badges or other HTML to the site. I have several badges from various organizations that I like to keep listed as they're my credentials, but the website doesn't display them well.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

BigCommerce was not very user friendly, and I'd had experience with Wix's free sites in the past - so I knew they weren't what I was looking for.

Pedro from Creative27 LLC

Develop your website, without coding in a few minutes.

Weebly is a great tool when creating websites, it has helped me to speed up the creation of small and medium projects, which is where it is most useful, however when creating projects or ecommerce with a massive amount of objects, It is not the best tool since it lacks some features to be able to handle this amount more efficiently. In spite of this, it is excellent, for personal use, medium-sized companies, or start up, that need a professional web page and at a low cost.

Pros

What I like most about Weebly is how easy it is to create web pages, since it allows selecting from an acceptable variety of templates that have a great design, and are totally responsive, also allow the use of applications that integrate different functionalities to the website in a fast way, it is excellent for projects that have a large amount of information, since it has several tools that facilitate SEO, in addition it also integrates well with google analytics, with its content manager making CRUD is really easy and fast, so publishing content is an easy task, plus everything can be done without having to write code.

Cons

Although it is easy to edit web pages, you only need to drag and drop, to modify some additional functions or to edit the website more thoroughly, you need to know html and css, which maybe for users who do not know it complicates the task of personalizing their web page, does not allow to restore the website to previous versions manually, so you must contact the helpdesk, however, they are very attentive and respond quickly.

Amanda Josalene from Belk

Great for the price; Use for my online shop

I used Weebly for my online apparel business, and had switched to Weebly from Etsy. The experience has been great and I am still on Weeblys monthly plan.

Pros

Weebly has been great for setting up an online shop in combination with my Square payments account and my website domain I purchased for cheap outside of Weebly. Weebly has a great monthly price plan that doesnt break the bank for me and it comes with everything I need including domain transfer, easy online shopping set-up, store personalization, etc. I was able to easily hook-up my Weebly shop with Square which has low processing fees and instant deposits & transfers. I definitely suggest using Weebly with Square as they both compliment each other and both offer features that go hand-in-hand and make purchasing, shipping, bookkeeping, invoicing, etc. go by smoothly.

Cons

I didnt have any cons. It did take me a little while to understand how to link my domain but that was due to my own fault.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Weebly was able to connect directly with Square payments which was a massive pro for me as I am a loyal customer with Square.

Kathleen from Leeward Community College

Consistently professional looking websites

I manage the content on a drupal site for my college. I occasionally need a micro-site for an event or a specific campaign, or I'll need a short term blog. I turn to weebly because it's fast and easy for me to build and align with our main website. I've developed a few sites that are now moderated and updated by faculty--non-techy folks who are not intimidated by the interface. So Weebly becomes a time-saver for me!

Pros

Ease of use! The drag and drop interface makes creating webpages flow easily from a sketch to online reality. I use the blogging features the most. By limiting some of the layout possibilities, Weebly ensures your site will look professional. With the ability to add html segments, I find I can easily mount a rather complex site in a relatively short amount of time.

Cons

Although I see it as a plus now, I was a bit frustrated by the limitations on exact spacing and layout. Sometimes I wish I could move an element just a few pixels! Generally this is minor. And it certainly helps for people who are uncertain about design choices.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

The main reason at the time of purchase was that Weebly allowed you to easily change the theme of your site. Wix did not.

ishara from anim8

Industry: Printing

When comes to create a professional website with few clicks

this is the best source of creating websites in few moments. The limitations can be handled with extreme accuracy. The features which this application provides are far important as compared to cons of this application. So if someone is looking for complete package of website designing and development, he must select Weebly and enjoy the freedom of web designing

Pros

When comes to create a professional website with few clicks, there is no best option except weebly. The reason behind its popularity is certain characteristics which it possess and offers to its users. However, a user has to confront pros as well as cons while using Weebly. the pros of this website include drag and drop solution of all website creation related problems, built-in code editor, support to custom css and html files and much more. It is considered best application for small business owners who want one step solution for all their problems. Secondly, it allows the users to create websites with millions of templates which suits the need of every single entrepreneur. For instance, if you want to create website for list building, weebly offers templates which are most appropriate for list building purpose. Third, weebly supports its users with seo guide which mean along with creating website, they have support for ranking of the websites as well. weebly support centre is full of articles and materials which allows the users to rank their websites following a roadmap.

Cons

Nevertheless, the most prominent limitation of this application is that a user must have proper knowledge of coding for customizing the objects. It means their drag and drop customization is limited. Similarly, a user needs strong involvement of weebly customer support if he misses some point and wants to restore the website back. Moreover, it does not support ADI as well.

Aria from baku moving

Software that can help with easy website making

Pros

Weebly has been ranked as the easiest website builder recommended by most of the web consultants. Weebly offers all basic tools that you can use for building a website or store from scratch. Weeblys collection of templates now includes a great choice of on-trend mobile-responsive designs. Unlike Wix and Shopify Plus it lets you download the full code to your website, so you can customize it or even download it. Weebly also offers over 40 pre-designed templates to help you get started. The layouts to every type of page can be found. Weebly also enables the user to add and install more apps for your use. Weebly also lets you create a fully customizable club to which you have full control.

Cons

When using weeblys drag and drop customization we found it to be very limited. If you use weebly after using Wix or SquareSpace you will find its drag and drop customization very limited. On the case releasing new features weebly has been very slow . They just upgrade two or so features in a year but now they have picked up the pace. But they are still focusing on the cutting edge technologies, rather than that they should focus on improving the friendly user. Another tiny feature that my colleague pointed out was that the blogging tools need to be improved in a very little sense but it causes a lot. The feature is that you cannot highlight or show you most recent or most popular posts first. We have sent them a message and their response time was very fast.

Binyamin from Galil Soil Farm

Industry: Farming

Easy Shmeezy Website Creation

Of all online platforms from accounting to legal, form graphic to word processing, Weebly is my favorite platform. I believe that says a lot!

Pros

When it comes to Weebly, what's not to love. Yes its limited, but that's not the point. The point about Weebly is that its super easy. Obviously if you need something robust, even mildly robust, Weebly isn't for you. But if all you need is an easy straight forward and affordable, Weebly is just that. When I need to create a website that is feature rich I go to Site123 or Shopify, but if all I want is to show my portfolio (and maybe make a few sales) and/or to show my ideas, to have a platform with which to communicate to the online world, its really hard to beat Weebly.

Cons

My greatest regret when it comes to Weebly is that, being as restrictive as it is, when I need to create multi-lingual sites, that look avaunt-guard and cutting edge, I'm forced to look elsewhere. Being that I so like Weebly, I wish that wouldn't be the case. I wish that Weebly would provide the spectrum from super simple, fun, and easy (which it is) to highly robust (which evidently it doesn't wish to be).

Bob from Bob Thibodeau Speaks

My Review of Weebly Website Builder

I have used Weebly for several years. I've had an occasion or two to contact their customer support and they have been a great help. Usually, my issue is resolved fairly quickly. I cannot recommend Weebly an higher than I already have! This is a great platform to build your website on!

Pros

I enjoy Weebly's "drop and drag" blocks to build the website. You can move things around. You can change the way they look. You can add features...the design results are truly limitless. I have used Weebly for several years in hosting a few of my websites. The customer support is terrific. I've only had to contact them a couple of times and have had very quick responses. Definitely worth the price (and their prices are VERY comparable to others out there that do not even come close to Weebly's quality)!

Cons

Every now and then, I will want to try and do something of a tweak to my website, and I do not know how to make it happen. There is almost no tutorial help. The best way of finding out "how to do something on a Weebly website" is to go to YouTube or Google and put in a search. I've found that is the fastest way to make a change I'm not sure how to accomplish on my own.

Angela from Fox Cycling

Easy and visual

Mainly good. Managing our own websites has been immensely successful. Cheaper, more responsive, better.

Pros

You can see exactly how webpages look - and quickly build websites by dragging and dropping features. We've used it for years. For the most part it quietly gets on with doing what it does best.

Cons

Doesn't connect with other apps well (some do), but it doesn't connect with Zapier. You can't copy pages across separate websites, so if wanted to create a similar one, you'd need to do that from scratch. Contact form data doesn't go anywhere. You'd have to manually update your CRM. As long as you like what it offers, you're OK, but it's not super flexible. Really annoying feature if your run your online store through it - when customers pay via paypal, they think they've completed the transaction, but then get redirected back to the page they saw before and have to click 'commit to buy' which many don't. They might ring you, confused about where their stuff is, or they might just give up and buy from somewhere else... I talked to Weebly about this frustratingly pointless feature, and the response was "That kind of how it is, soz".

Wulliams from UCAB - Universidad Catlica Andrs Bello

The construction of our Blog was very easy thanks to this software

Pros

Creating a blog has certain challenges, especially in the part of design and exposure of the information you want to reflect. In order to achieve the quality we were looking for, we came across this incredible software, and I can't stop praising it because it really is an innovative software that has very interesting characteristics when it comes to creating a blog. Weebly has allowed our work team to create a quality blog, with innovations that we had never handled as its templates for categories are very complete and aesthetically beautiful, which facilitated the work of editing the blog, is also a very intuitive software, ideal for using the option of "autocomplete" and add elements that we had not planned. At the time we were able to upload photos and texts to our blog by simply dragging and dropping in the window where we created the blog. And the best thing about this software is that it is totally free, ideal for building any kind of blog and website in an easy way, even in our team we are evaluating the possibility of starting to create our website from this software, simply Weebly we like it a lot and we do not stop using it and recommend it to our colleagues.

Cons

We see with deep concern that this software greatly complicates the possibility of migrating information to other blogs. We observe this when we collaborate with other colleagues who work in the area of culture, who ask us for content on some research carried out, or with journalists who ask for extracts from the researches and events we carry out to make their news reviews. It is very difficult to migrate this information and we have to use other methods to socialize the information we are asked to provide.

Neyda Jose from Paxata

Website designer accessible and easy to use

Weebly is a tool that allows you to design web pages with really attractive designs thanks to the fact that the templates provided are of quality that is why the pages can be used not only for personal use but also for professional level, their plans are very accessible and it is a easy to use site is why it has been useful to please different customers looking for a website that represents them.

Pros

Weebly I like it a lot mainly because it is a tool for designing web pages that is really easy to use, because in its interface you can see templates organized in different sectors and although not many are offered, they are of quality and they are organized so that it is much more simple to handle the search of the one that is considered appropriate to represent the website that you want to design, on the other hand it is magnificent that provides the power to visualize in advance how the website could be seen with the different templates, besides this tool saves the tedious work of having to look for the page to adapt to different devices because in an automated way the pages are optimized so that when visualizing in said devices they do not see in an inadequate way.

Cons

One of the things that bother me the most is that Weebly does not provide its users with backups of the websites, so it is quite tedious in case there is a very drastic change in the site or if for some reason the database is altered the website will be lost.

professional websites to start free

Weebly offers an easy website builder for any person with basic web knowledge to setup the site with drag and drop tools to place your objects or comes with pre-built templates, unique fonts etc to make your site outstanding and exciting. These digital showcases display enough convincing to attract prospective online buyers. If you are clever enough you can get a better price for the same product from a niche market, when you position your site in a professional platform such as weebly. These are the advantages of using services of a professional platform like weebly. To add more, you have resources to present super quality audio & video to complement your marketing strategies. Additionally through weebly you can directly launch FB marketing and the weebly system is designed for effective SEO to flash throuth your competitors. Try it out with a free plan.

Pros

weebly is another successful hosting platform targeting primarily ecommerce clientele. Its an ideal platform for startups to experiment their ideas and gain experience in theirs ventures without making an initial investment on a website and then elevate for a fully fledged website to do serious e-marketing or online trading. Weebly offers highly efficient and productive solutions for serious ecom but at a cost above market averages yet with features not found in average hosting plans.

Cons

weebly wouldnt let any stone unturned. Therefore its strange if one can find any serious minuses except for the cost of paid plans which in turn is justifiable in comparison to the features.

Likhwa from Business Builder App Co

Build wonderful websites with Weebly

I enjoy using Weebly. I love the numerous templates and how easy it is to use. Whenever I need to create a simple website it is my go-to software. Weebly is fairly easy to use and I've found it reliable. It has however proved limited when it comes to more detailed websites but I would still recommend it for a basic website. I have found it easier to use in comparison to its competitors and I also like the consistency with regards to service delivery. They do not spam my email and I rarely have to worry about policy changes.

Pros

I like the numerous design templates as well as how easy it is to use the weebly online software to create a website. The simple drag and drop features make building my sites even faster. Weebly has hosted my site for the past 7 years regardless whether it was receiving much traffic or not. Most importantly I love that Weebly is free and you can create as many sites as you want. I also like how Weebly works online and therefore I do not need to download any new software when creating a site. Neither do I need to worry about getting another host for my site as weebly covers all that. Weebly also comes with responsive site templates which look awesome whether viewed on desktop, tablet or mobile device.

Cons

I added a blog to my site and I did not like how the navigation worked. Whenever I click on a link to a blog article it takes me to the blog page instead of the specific article. Weebly is also limited when it comes to what one can do with their site. Interactive features such as chat that require complex databases cannot be easily implemented. I also tried using weebly on my tablet and I struggled to use the features with the same flexibility that the desktop version offers. At some point I wanted to upgrade to the paid version but it was slightly more expensive than other platforms.

No-fuss, no-frills, satisfying website creator for simple websites

I run some small personal websites with it.

Pros

It's quick, easy, and gets the job done. You're not going the build the world's greatest site with it, let's not kid ourselves. But if you just need a clean, basic website that communicates what you need to say and you don't want to waste a lot of time doing it, this is a good go-to. There are nice, modern templates, drag and drop interfaces, and they now have a third party plugin gallery. Not a lot of content yet, but maybe it will get there someday. It's got nothing on Wordpress though. It's affordably priced, although I understand their pricing is going to change to be more expensive. I've been using them for over 10 years, to run my small, personal sites; but I might have to consider changing in the next couple years.

Cons

It's not terribly powerful if you don't want to get into html, and the third party support for it is pretty lacking. Lots of features you'd find on Wordpress or even other similar platforms are absent. But for the price (as it is today), it's hard to complain. Also, I have trouble getting help from their support. I've had issues with logging in and I may or may not get a response, and if I do I might have to wait a day or so. I don't know about you, but when I need to make a change to my site, I need to make a change, I can't wait around for a whole day. Fortunately, in the long time I've used Weebly, this has only happened a few times.

Anne from A to Z Pirate Booty - eCommerce Sales

Weebly helps me with Websites and Blog Sites in a HURRY. I LOVE this product & have made many sites!

This is my go to website builder for ease of use and how great the pages look. Complete flexibility when you want to make something custom. Love the links, social media tools and will be trying out some Adsense and other money making SEO stuff! Thanks Weebly!

Pros

I like the ease of use and flexibility of the templates to make the sites my own. I have made many FREE sites and upgraded them as needed. I have made blog sites with my own custom web URL and love working and updating when I get the chance. I have done an eCommerce site as well and it's easy to set up too. Links are very easy to add as well as FREE photos and others that you can pay a small price for. It's got everything under the hood for sure! I used to use the Apple product to make my sites, but Weebly took over for me since that time! Love the new promotion page stuff too! Lots of room for growth and updating! Thanks Weebly!

Cons

When I get a bill and an email telling me about renewal, I wish I knew which page it was for since I have many sites that I operate and maintain. Hope that is in the works.

Meagan from Elm City Middle School

Weebly- Unlock Your Inner Web Designer

Weebly is a wonderful website building platform. I have personally used it to create both a website and online portfolio that I use professionally. I was very nervous when I began designing the site, but Weebly could not make it easier to develop the website of your dreams!

Pros

Weebly gives even the least tech-savvy users the freedom and the tools to create their own professional website. With Weebly, creating a personalized website is simple, worry-free, and rewarding. The site has hundreds of themes available to suit whichever enterprise you are beginning, from online stores to blogs, to business, to personal webpages, and online portfolios, Weebly enables you to truly have it all. The website builder supports you as you add pages to your webpage and makes editing a snap! I have no web developing background but created an online portfolio that I am proud to share at all professional events, all with the built-in support of the Weebly website! For anyone looking to have the power to customize their own site, I cannot recommend this platform highly enough.

Cons

Honestly, in the years I have worked with Weebly, I have no reason not to recommend the platform. It is perfect for those who want to create their own website in a hasslefree manner. The website even offers free and premium versions of virtually all add ons to meet whichever price point the user is working with.

Peter from Columbia Data Products - Snapback

The platform that designs us wonders like

It is very nice to have a platform that can provide all its technological capabilities, to create a web page or blogs in a simple, elegant and fast, that even anyone who uses it for the first time feels like a true creator of wonders. In our office we usually work with this system very often, especially when we urgently need a web page, on the other hand in our home my family has been greatly benefited in their daily and educational activities.

Pros

Weebly allows the particularity of allowing to change templates, this feature is very important since sometimes we have had doubts or we have decided to make certain modifications in our web pages, and we have even been able to make the changes after being published. Another important aspect is that all its templates are adapted to our mobile devices, which means being of great help, since we have access to all the content and we can view and modify the page at any time. It has the property of incorporating our pages elements such as photos, videos, etc, in an easy and fun way, with its peculiar style of drag and drop. This platform offers us a very good technical support, in the occasions that have attended us we have been very lucky with the help that they have given us.

Cons

Weebly presents the detail that when you delete a page, it is necessary to wait for the Weebly support team to restore the website for us.

Pam from Bayside Adventure Sports

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Love Weebly for Easy Website Building!

I've been struggling with my organization for years to get a website that looks great and is affordable. After 3 professional attempts at sites, we switched to Weebly. After watching about an hour of tutorial videos, I was able to build our own site quickly and easily. Best of all, it looks really good - especially for what we pay! You don't have to know HTML or have a lot of expertise to have a sharp looking, affordable website. I love that we can maintain it ourselves - no delay in waiting for busy designers to update our content. The online commerce features work really well. Also love the contact forms. It's doesn't have fancy form builders for complex event registration - but I haven't tried all their apps - they add more regularly. They also just rolled out updated features in Weebly 4 that I'm looking forward to implementing. I have built 5 sites now with Weebly - all different levels of subscriptions - and I've been pleased with all of them. I have also referred a couple of business associates to Weebly. A great option for those needing basic websites with e-commerce and many other features without the hefty price tag. I highly recommend!

Pros

Ease of use. Modern designs. Great Value.

Cons

Wouldn't mind better event registration capabilities and event calendar options - but I have found other software that fills in the gaps and Weebly allows links to outside pages - so it works!

Yadah from The Academy of Spa & Wellness

Been 3 years and I still love them!

An affordable option for someone living off a third world currency, this has been fantastic. My site is stunning and I've had so many compliments on it. It's easy to use, easy to learn, easy to edit.

Pros

I've always had fantastic customer service from them. They make sure we get weekly updates if new and improved features and definitely try help us create the best website possible. I love the fact that it's a DIY drag-and-drop type of website creation with fantastic templates to choose from, but you do have the added option of editing the 'code' to customise it even more. The prices are phenomenal for what they offer, and even though I've been using Weebly for 3 years I'm STILL learning new ways to make my website look stunning and 100% branded. I'm a Weebly fan, hands down.

Cons

Although the customer service is great, it can also be really slow... Especially if you're not on a higher tier of the payment plan. I wish the blog page was a bit more changeable. It's annoying to have the side bar...

Nancy from Raising 4 Gibbs

Industry: Online Media

Building Websites for Beginners

Using Weebly allowed me to start my blogging experience on a $0 budget. It was starting out as a hobby, so I didn't want to sink any unnecessary money into it.

Pros

This software was by far the easiest to use. I checked out several different website building tools before choosing to use weebly. Its perfect for first time users, as the steps to building and publishing multiple kinds of sites are laid out for you. Adding in pictures, sections, articles, and social media links aren't an issue at all.

Cons

The only issue I had was linking a domain I bought through another site to the site I was using on Weebly. It took several articles and YouTube videos to figure it out.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Weebly gave a completely free option. Also, there was the choice between already laid out plans or starting from scratch. The tools were also very self explanatory and easy to use.

Zavier from Elkton Baptist Church

Professional Websites easily custom-built and maintained

I was hired into my position with little to no website-building experience. And a website was suddenly very much necessary. After some searching around, I decided to use Weebly and have not regretted that decision in the slightest. They're super affordable for the wealth of features available AND how crazy easy it was to get my website up and running and published on the web for our customer base. Not only that but also our website looks like a professional did it! Little animations and picture slideshows highlight our best products and services available, menus are quick and easy to build, and there are so many other widgets that we could use, but haven't yet! I cannot recommend Weebly enough.

Pros

Various themes available to make a one-of-a-kind site Easy Drag-and-Drop website builder makes design approachable for anybody Customer Service is quick and well-versed in any issues you may have Competitive and affordable prices Even if you can't find a feature that you like on there, you can still custom code in a widget (some more advanced experience necessary) Lots of tutorials and help available Website hit analytics

Cons

Some things are frustratingly hidden behind behind a higher paywall Sometimes, the drag-and-drop system is a little fidgety and can be slightly difficult to get an element exactly where you want it. Built-in word processor for putting text on your website is fairly weak and featureless

Bryce from Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Detroit

Drag-and-drop websites for all!

We used Weebly to build our website, and continue to use it on a regular basis to keep the site up-to-date and looking fresh. It is extremely easy to use, and we have seldom had any issues with the site.

Pros

Weebly is an extremely easy to use website creation platform. Want a text box? Drag-and-drop it. Resize it. Fill it with some text. Want a picture? Drag-and-drop it. Want... you get the picture.

Cons

While it is extremely powerful, and very customizable, it certainly can't do everything that you could get done if you were to hire a web-developer to build you a site from scratch.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Ease of use versus MODX. Customizability versus WordPress.

Aaron from Grace Baptist Church

Industry: Graphic Design

Easy web building for anyone

I have used weebly for clients for 8 years and have been using it personally for the last 15 years. For the most part they can be a great solution for ministries and small businesses as most of the time they are not needing all the extra apps and widgets that are available on other platforms. They are easy to use for anyone, and I have found them easy to teach, even to novices when it comes to any type of website platforms.

Pros

I love the ease of use to not only build my own websites, but to also help clients learn to maintain their websites. On my personal account, I love the free apps and widgets available to put on my website and make it look more professional.

Cons

Apps are only available for my personal account, but not through my designer platform, which is an issue that requires me to turn away many clients or point them to one of my friends who does work with wordpress sites. Also there should be a way to host through other services such as godaddy and hostgator rather than just through weebly.

Ronald from ROAT.com

Weebly - great website builder for anyone who wants a website.

Overall, Weebly is a great choice for a quick build of a nice website and anyone can do it. Weebly is... in my opinion a great example of where the "internet/web" is going... offering site design and site building/creation to anyone who wants it. The days of needing a "web designer" and waiting months for a new site are gone and there is a reason why there are few website companies around any more. Weebly has some limitations I suppose for very large companies who want a lot of customization... but other than that customer/client level... Weebly will work great for everyone else.

Pros

I have used Weebly for some basic websites that I needed to get up very quickly and for minimal upfront cost. My first site using them was at least 7 years ago and I still use them occasionally when needed. Nice templates/themes and can quickly build a nice website layout and add content. With the Pro level of site plan, you get great options like SSL (included in hosting at no extra charge) and other advanced site features to make the site look high-end.

Cons

The only con I have found is the cost of the Pro level (and Business level) is higher than comparable WordPress hosting. That said, the build time of a Weebly site is much quicker and easier to maintain, in my opinion... so it depends on how long the site will be hosted and then consider how often the site will be updated.

I love Weebly... but it does have some cons.

Pros

Fantastically easy to use. There is no Website builder that is better. Weebly shines when it comes to making website building and blog setup easy for their users. The staff is remarkable and responds fast to any issues, the tools provided all work well, and it's a quick way to have an online presence for someone that knows no coding.

Cons

It can be expensive for what you get. A lot of features that most site builders have, Weebly doesn't. You can't remove the footer bar or use your own domain as an a la carte option, you have to pay for a starter/basic website, of which most features few people will actually use. People have requested the same features for years, and while the customer service reps are trying their hardest, Weebly developers keep leading people around in circles. If you're not a novice and can handle your own coding, Weebly shouldn't be your first or even third choice.

Emily from Win By KO Promotions

Create Professional Websites, No Programming Experience Necessary!

We used to have a guy who administered our website and we always had to email him with changes and he charged us for every change. We switched to Weebly and there has been no looking back! We can now control everything and make changes at will without having to pay someone else. Our website looks better now than it ever did before.

Pros

You can create beautiful, complex websites with no computer programming experience. Basic computer skills are all you need. The software is pretty intuitive as well.

Cons

Sometimes you have to wait a little to get a call back from customer support during peak times, but they do a great job of helping you.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Weebly had a good promotion when we purchased it and was the most cost effective option.

Lateasa from Polito Creative & Co, LLC

Love the platform

My website looks clean and sharp. Easy to manage and edit on the fly

Pros

I love the simplicity of the platform and the ability to customize how I need. The templates make it easy to set up the things to be functional.

Cons

I really don't have any real cons about the software. I would say maybe more integration option with some of the third party softwares for e-commerce.

Stephanie from Elevation Church

Weebly makes it easy!

Pros

This website building software allows customization based upon the needs or purpose of the Weebly. I primarily used this as informational between my children and their teachers. The teacher was able to upload important links to connect to tutoring sign ups pages or presentations from that day's class work. It provided calendars and contact page to bridge gaps between parents and children who were learning to increase responsibility and ownership of their school work.

Cons

To get to homework assignments, a student will need to select the calendar, the assignment and wait for the calendar to upload in order to access the homework assignment instead of providing a link to direct a student to enter their work. It feels like it might be an additional step but it might be the most direct route based on the set up of the software.

Trina from Letra & Musica Producciones, C.A.

A very interactive web developer

Pros

In our editorial line, we have had the opportunity to try different web development engines, looking for that option that will captivate us in such a way that it will become our software par excellence. In this instructive search we get Weebly, a fascinating and very functional software. Weebly offers an almost endless range of tools to enhance the image and the functions that a web page should have. Hanging photographs, videos, text, templates, hyperlinks, external addresses, themes, color lines, graphic design, among other options, make Weebly stand as one of the most complete web development software that the market has.

Cons

Despite all these excellent benefits that I have outlined, sometimes the program is not completely complete, so you must hire a computer technician or a web developer to develop the most complex programming tasks. Of rest it is a software of high invoice, that appears like a great competitor in this hard industry of the design of `web pages.

Amazing entry-level estore and educational site tool!

I discovered Weebly as a result of a colleague's subdomained site (yourname.weebly.com) and have used it myself for quick demo projects. Although I am a dedicated user of WordPress for my own managed sites, Weebly is the web builder I recommend most.

Pros

Better than WordPress! Weebly is my go-to recommendation to colleagues and friends who need to get a website up fast and have little to no experience in content creation and website design. Their WYSIWYG editor is legendarily easy to use, their templates are attractive and responsive, and their pricing for website tools and ecommerce plugins is straightforward and reasonable. In the education space, where I volunteer, many teachers have used this tool to introduce middle school and high school students to web design, and to manage clubs and portfolios. Friends and colleagues who use Square have also used it to get their web presence started. You can literally put together a full-featured, multi-page website in just a couple of hours, and it will look beautiful on desktop or mobile.

Cons

No complaints. I am personally a longtime WordPress user. However, when friends and colleagues ask me what tool they should use to build their own websites, I send them to Weebly and have done so for years.

Weebly website development

Overall I am thankful for the choice to utilize Weebly for our website. The abilities far outweigh any negative experiences we've had with the product.

Pros

Weebly has made upkeep and development of our website very easy. Coming from a background that had never developed a website before, their templates and simplistic drag and drop builder made things intuitive and rather user friendly. And then, the fact that you can add apps to your site builder to improve your site beyond what Weebly offers, that allows your site to stand alone and not be another replica of what you already see. Lastly, Weebly does a good job of continuing to offer new and improved capabilities to keep your site up-to-date with technology.

Cons

It is somewhat limited when you choose not to upgrade your account. And the HD Video player can seem a little lacking at times.

Xavier from Teclado Music Institute

Industry: Music

An almost top dog website builder

I would say that my overall experience with Weebly has been satisfactory but a little underwhelming. When I compare with other website builders like: Squarspace, etc. They seem to look more modern and more stylish. I do not know if I am staying with them or moving on in the near future.

Pros

I was able to create my website the way I wanted it. I had been fighting to create a website until I finally did it and decided to go with Weebly because my wife has her website with them and it looked pretty cool. I chose a template and replaced everything with my pics and videos and voila I had my website.

Cons

I feel like the website can be clunky and sometimes non responsive. Sometimes while dragging and dropping the different options for photos and videos the preview would not be an accurate depiction of what it actually looked like in the website. It would freeze sometimes and you would need to get out and come back in and pray that the changes you made were saved, sometimes it was and sometimes it was not.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Because my wife already had a website with them.

Rebecca from NITYA Software Solutions Inc

Excellent tool to create websites regardless of whether you are a beginner or not

Weebly is useful to create excellent web pages for SEO, because although it has few templates the quality that it offers is huge, so the pages created with them are very professional, and it is an excellent advantage to have the to create websites quickly regardless of whether you have knowledge or not in the profession.

Pros

Weebly I like it mainly because it is a software that is really easy to use so that any user can be able to create their website without having knowledge in this field or not, it gives users the power to use html and css and to be able to edit more Deeply the website, is able to support websites with a high level of information so it is a great advantage, it also provides us with quality templates and although there are few have improved it over time so that now it has more of them to be able to create websites that fit our needs by doing so we have a page for SEO and the best thing is that this tool can be used in small companies due to its low cost.

Cons

One of the things I do not like about this tool is that in case of an error the website is not restored quickly, so it is necessary to go to your support team.

Josh Bernthold, from The Hotshot Group

Next Best Thing To Wordpress

Pros

Personally, I feel that Weebly is one heck of a software. They have come a long way and is extremely easy to use compared to other options when building websites. Weebly sites can indeed rank in Google and I have seen this first hand with ease. The drag and drop building is such a breeze you can have your children make your websites.

Cons

Weebly does lack in the feature area and third party plugins etc. There are still bugs and there are still other things that you will come across that you will find you are unable to do that you could do if you were using a different platform. Also, the monthly fee to use Weebly is a bit ridiculous. I feel perhaps maybe a one time fee for purchase with the option of recurring support fee would be a lot better.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,214 reviews