All Weebly Reviews

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Simple interface, great for teachers

Amanda Josalene

Great for the price; Use for my online shop

I used Weebly for my online apparel business, and had switched to Weebly from Etsy. The experience has been great and I am still on Weebly’s monthly plan.

Pros

Weebly has been great for setting up an online shop in combination with my Square payments account and my website domain I purchased for cheap outside of Weebly. Weebly has a great monthly price plan that doesn’t break the bank for me and it comes with everything I need including domain transfer, easy online shopping set-up, store personalization, etc. I was able to easily hook-up my Weebly shop with Square which has low processing fees and instant deposits & transfers. I definitely suggest using Weebly with Square as they both compliment each other and both offer features that go hand-in-hand and make purchasing, shipping, bookkeeping, invoicing, etc. go by smoothly.

Cons

I didn’t have any cons. It did take me a little while to understand how to link my domain but that was due to my own fault.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Weebly was able to connect directly with Square payments which was a massive pro for me as I am a loyal customer with Square.

September 2022

Drag and Drop Website Building For Beginners

Honestly, Weebly is an easy platform to use. You can quickly build a website for free or you can choose to go with a paid plan. I've used the free version and the paid version without any hiccups. For anyone just starting out online, their platform is a dream.

Pros

Weebly comes with website templates that are ready to go right out the box. For anyone looking to build a website without the fuss of watching a million tutorials or YouTube "how to" vids, this is a winner.

Cons

While Weebly makes website building is easy, there is little that can be done beyond the templates they provide. This is why I left Weebly and switched over to WordPress for all of my websites.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

I left Wix and started building on Weebly because I preferred the templates on Weebly.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

I preferred the website templates that Weebly had to offer over the templates that came with Wix.

January 2023

Weebly

Pros

I like that I can create and design the website myself.

Cons

i would need to use it more to be familiar with it.

Alicia

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

November 2022

Beginner Friendly Basic Website Builder

Pros

It is easy to drag and drop and manage your pages. It is very beginner friendly and easy to understand. But it is very limited and extremely basic in design and function.

Cons

While it is difficult to migrate, you are not stuck with Weebly if you design to migrate to a different host. It did glitch sometimes and was difficult to customize.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

It was reasonably priced and had a free trial

Jaden Rose

Easy to Use Drag and Drop Website Builder

I love Weebly and currently use it for my website.

Pros

I love Weebly. I started off using Weebly, and then came back to using Weebly after trying two other website builders. What I like about Weebly is its simple interface. It's very user and beginner friendly. It's drag and drop website builder is intuitive for anyone. Now that Weebly has partnered with Square it has a lot more all-in-one functionally. You can have a blog, email marketing, Facebook posts, point of sale, appointments, eCommerce, and more.

Cons

Orginally the drag and drop editor was a little slow, but since they have partnered with Square it's been fast.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Beautiful interface, with lots of white space.

Autumn

Industry: Graphic Design

June 2022

Weekly is my absolute favorite!

This is my absolute favorite blog site! Other sites like blogger are super difficult to use, but with weekly you don’t have to know much about editing as they provide the tools for you! Plus side is that you don’t really have to be premium, I use the free version and my storytelling needs were met.

Pros

Beginner friendly Lots of free templates No purchase necessary you get most features free! Easy to edit and customize

Cons

Getting in contact with customer support is tricky Recovering lost account was nearly impossible

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Did not look at others bought weekly Immediately.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Wordpress was too difficult to use, they also lacked templates and some features were restricted to premium.

Anant

Weebly - Easiest Way to Get Online

All the websites that formed the backbone of my business are currently hosted on Weebly since the past 10 years. It is a great platform that is not only irreplaceable but also outright the only choice I would ever make.

Pros

The WYSIWYG Editor that Weebly pioneered Simple and Elegant Interface Multiple Domains with Stats Free Hosting Option with Unlimited Bandwidth Custom Domains and SSL Amazing Customer Support Cross Platform Support

Cons

Slower to Edit Website No Root Access to Files Lack of Template Choice Limited access to Design

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Weebly had the right combination of features.

Jared

Webmasters beware

I've built multiple websites for clients as well as my own and I've never been disappointed that the quality reaches the maximum for each goal the client wants to achieve.

Pros

The website offers dummy proof controls to build a website that helps a client launch and stay in budget for where they want to go with their business.

Cons

There's a lot of limitations in branding, and scalability with product integrations.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

The content management and design is within scale and reason less time consuming.

Very easy to use!

Very positive overall experience. I’ve never had to reach out to support though so I’m not sure what that experience is like.

Pros

I started using this tool when I got a client who wanted me to manage their website along with their paid ads I was building and managing. At first o was hesitant to learn a new platform and was worried I’d need to have extensive coding experience, but once I saw how user-friendly and intuitive it was to manage their site, I was thrilled!

Cons

It’s obviously not a fully custom website platform, but for being WYSIWYG and drag and drop, it really does the job well.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

My client chose the Parisian actually. I want involved in the decision.

Natalie

October 2022

Great if you want a website and aren't fussed about the design

Very easy to navigate and use. Helped me to see that website design was possible for someone who isn't a website design and for that I am truly grateful

Pros

I had very little experience building a website before using this sofware and it was super simple to use

Cons

I didn't feel like I had a lot of options when it came to the design of the website and the customisation of it. Although I was proud that I was able to set my website up and weebly made this easy to do so, I wasn't happy with the finished product

Reasons for choosing Weebly

There was no real reason I picked weebly, I had no experience of wix or weebly at the time

Tyler

Industry: Sporting Goods

Weebly Review - An Easy Solution to Creating a Website

I would describe it as nothing short of successful. We have been able to build from scratch a professional website that has been great for providing information to our customers and guests. We have had no technological problems, though I did find myself contacting customer support on a couple of occasions. They were very responsive and helpful! Overall, I would describe it as a great success using Weebly.

Pros

My favorite part about this software is that it provides for the ability for more technologically-limited users, such as myself, to easily create a professional website. The ease of use is exemplary, as my favorite feature is the "drag and drop" ability to add in sections, pictures, and widgets. Additionally, there are extra plugins that are available but for basic use, it is very easy to quickly create a user-friendly website the has been easy for our customers to learn about our business.

Cons

As a double-edged sword, it should be noted that, for more advanced users, this might seem like a more basic alternative. The ease of use is great but for people who are looking for a more high-end, advanced website might want to consider other options. For the purposes of our business and its needs, this fits excellently.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

I, personally, am not technologically savvy enough to use other products. Drag and drop was a huge factor for me because I needed to both be able to build the website and have it be reviewed and edited by our staff. We all are at the same level of competence and this was a solution that fit us all!

Katie

Good eCommerce for small business

Weebly has made my online presence so much easier to maintain. Rather than having 3 or 4 different "locations" that I had to update with a listing or a sale, now I'm down to Etsy and Weebly. It's a huge impact in time management - I can focus on other things now.

Pros

It was and is so easy to sync with my Square account and make a really beautiful, simple website. The integration with Square's inventory means that I don't have to spend hours copying and relisting items I've already entered, and I don't have to worry about updating my website if I sell out of something at a craft show - the inventory tracking and integration with Square handles that for me.

Cons

There are some functions that could be more user-friendly or personalizable - for example, adding badges or other HTML to the site. I have several badges from various organizations that I like to keep listed as they're my credentials, but the website doesn't display them well.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

BigCommerce was not very user friendly, and I'd had experience with Wix's free sites in the past - so I knew they weren't what I was looking for.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Shopify was another platform I had to maintain, and I had to add a million "apps" to get it how I wanted it. It didn't integrate with Square, so trying to sync all of my accounts was out of the question. I had to list a new product in multiple places, which I no longer have to do. Weebly is slightly less expensive, but gives me back a lot of time.

Kate

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Had a website up and running in 1 hour!

When starting my business, I was looking at different website creation tools. On Weebly's first page, I saw a template that I liked and, since I didn't want to go down the rabbit hole of choosing from thousands of templates, I went with Weebly. I also liked that you can port your website to another platform if you want to leave Weebly. But after 5 years, I'm still with Weebly. I'm not a tech genius, but I can make changes to the site myself and it doesn't take much time to figure out what I need to do to make the site look the way I want. Seriously, after signing on with Weebly, I had a basic site up and running in one hour!

Pros

I love that Weebly is easy to use and doesn't confuse me with a million different options.

Cons

Mailchimp doesn't integrate well with Weebly, so this can cause some issues. There are limitations with popups and forms, so that can be a bit of an issue, but I've made it work.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

Wix seemed overly confusing and had way too many templates.

Emily

Needed for Ecom Features

The customer support is very nice and everything is easy to use. I have used Weebly on and off for many years and was always generally happy with it.

Pros

If it wasn't for the lack of ecom features that I need to run my business, I would still be using this service. It is easy to use and make an attractive website. I love how easy it is to edit every last detail without a lot of web design knowledge.

Cons

The ecom features are very limited and I couldn't use the gift certificate features the way my business needed.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

The price is good to have a basic landing page.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

When I don't need too diverse of a sales platform, I always use weebly for a project.

Silvia

Weebly one of the many choices for a website

It is a software that is easy to use and everyone with a bit of computer knowledge can set up a website. I have used it for my trial sites and find it a good choice to try things out first before I implement it on our main website.

Pros

Weebly is easy to set up, and you are finished with a basic website in a couple of hours. Easy to use and simple drag and drop instructions. The training videos provided are good and very useful.

Cons

You are restricted in things to do and add especially with the free version. If you do not go for the pro version you are limited on what you can do on your website. The free version comes with the Weebly extension. If you upgrade later on you are not sure you can buy the same domain without the Weebly extension.

Reasons for choosing Weebly

I love the drag and drop system and the theme was more suitable for my need.

Mindy