• Pros

• "I love the editing capabilities, and the ease of use - it doesn't take long at all to learn the different functions"

• "I got the basic version and I love it! Super easy to use. Like anything, will take time to learn, but otherwise, awesome!"

• "I love this software. Weekly has many different aspects for showing your work through their website. The site is easy to navigate and to use"

• Cons

• "I still think the domain fee is a bit expensive, but it does offer many professional looking layouts to an inexperienced web designer so its pros may outweigh its cons."

• "It is easy to use, but it could be a little bit more intuitive."

• "It probably lacks some of the more powerful features that others might use. I imagine it’s limited in its customizable features but it does exactly what our church needs. "

Browse Weebly Reviews

Joshua from Lake City Inspections LLC

Great For Those With Little Experience

Overall, this would be my go-to platform to build a fast and easy website for any friends who need something great looking but manageable with little experience or learning curve.

Pros

The best thing about Weebly is the simplicity of building a very professional looking website with little or no site-building experience. If WordPress is out of reach for you but you need a solid professiona looking site for your small business, Weebly is the way to go. I built several websites for other companies in the past using this platform with the idea that they can then manage it themselves without any technical knowledge. This was the perfect platform for this and among other similar platforms definitely seemed to be the easiest to use.

Cons

There definitely is a ceiling of what you can do with this platform. From there you will want to move to something more advanced like WordPress. This isn't necessarily a knock on Weebly though, they never designed it to be a WordPress rival in general.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Ease of use. Little learning curve. Professional designs.

Ease of use.

shivam from BY.SHIVAM

Industry: Music

Make your Website in Just Few clicks!

My experience with Weebly is really Enjoyable , it was so easy to build website .. i am using Weebly at least 1-2 years :D

Pros

I like this website so much ! you don't need to design website by code . you need to just design by few click i like this this feature most and also it gives you 30 days trial for free which is the best option's for students / beginners !

Cons

all features are good But do you know that out of 1000 good things, there is one evil and only one thing is lacking in it and that thing is Website design .. website is good but I notice that when my free trial has been expired then I want to delete my website and I am trying to find out how to delete my website but i can't find it then my friend tell me there you can delete it .... So i want to tell you that please try to delete website easily and also add New Themes , Plugins and some thing more ....

I choose Weebly because it's not very costly , Trusted Brand

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Wix is also a good website but it was very costly which I cant afford it

Julie from RevLocal

"Starter" websites: Easy to DIY, lacking in customization

Weebly makes it unbelievably easy to create simple websites with virtually no technical skill or experience. If you're a solo entrepreneur, on a modest budget, and don't care about ranking well in search results, this is a solid choice. Think of a Weebly website as a "starter" website. If you are part of a bigger company or have more specific needs in a website, skip Weebly and consider hiring an experienced developer. You'll be glad you did.

Pros

Weebly is the easiest website building platform I've ever used. The drag-and-drop style of editing is highly visual, so you can literally see what you are creating in real time. It puts building your own website in reach for many people, saving thousands of dollars in design and development fees. You also don't have to worry about setting up third-party web hosting because Weebly keeps things under one roof.

Cons

All the ease of use comes at a cost, and that is the ability to customize. Compared to other platforms, Weebly is very limited in what it can do. Basic eCommerce is an option, which is a plus. But if you are used to an endless array of plugins, say, then you will be disappointed at the limited features offered in Weebly. If you just need a simple website and don't have your heart set on very unique layouts or effects, this is not a problem. I also have to point out the SEO factor. Weebly offers the ability to optimize some parts of the website - and you should optimize as much as you can. However, coming from a developer who even halfway knows what they're doing, a Weebly site is going to have a hard time competing with a well-optimized website on a certain other very popular web platform. Definitely not the least expensive hosting provider out there, either.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Ease of use - could complete websites faster in a very small, growing company. It was also recommended to us by a third-party online class, for the same reason. Virtually no technical knowledge at all is required.

Jakub from mediaform, s.r.o.

Decent themes and clear editor

As an online web builder and e-commerce tool Weebly is simple, yet powerful to build nice sites which perform well. We needed a simple tool and a nice design/theme and after extensive evaluation we choose Weebly.

Pros

The themes supplied by Weebly are decent and do not look like the rest of online web building tools. They are really clean and the user interface for editing the site is super simple to use.

Cons

Occasionally the editor gets a bit slow.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Nicer themes and better pricing.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Sites built on Wix are generally ugly and one can tell that is Wix just from looking at the fonts.

Nibaruta from Purple Sky Technology Inc.

recommended website builder for non tech

My experience was good as someone who helped clients set up their websites. but sometimes the client can ask for work that is not doable in weebler.

Pros

Its one of the best website builder all in one with domain name hosting specially for those with short time or don't require much custom work in their website. but from a simple website to e-commerce websites they are worth trying. Drag and drop :)

Cons

I wish they could allow deep custom work into the template codes as sometimes it requires extra than just a ready-made template.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

clients choice and for self experience

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

clients required it or they had already purchased a package

Mauricio from ReyesBenefits

Easy Webpage Creation

Great experience with affordable choices and integration of webpage tools.

Pros

The features that are included are easy to use and implement. It offers flexibility to modify themes.

Cons

It needs to get more tools to implement SEO software to improve marketing efficiency and manage performance.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Weeble has great recommendations and easy to use

Jared from Spider Studios

A website for artists.

I was in search of a website to host my art from amd weebly fit the bill perfectly.

Pros

The website is easy to use and setup. Lots of features and ready to use api that makes this an enjoyable experience.

Cons

Sometimes the webpage to edit my site takes a little long to load, sometimes it does not load at all and will have to refresh.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

I choose weebly for the customizable options that were offered.

James from Consulting Launchpad

Very easy to use!

Very positive overall experience. I’ve never had to reach out to support though so I’m not sure what that experience is like.

Pros

I started using this tool when I got a client who wanted me to manage their website along with their paid ads I was building and managing. At first o was hesitant to learn a new platform and was worried I’d need to have extensive coding experience, but once I saw how user-friendly and intuitive it was to manage their site, I was thrilled!

Cons

It’s obviously not a fully custom website platform, but for being WYSIWYG and drag and drop, it really does the job well.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

My client chose the Parisian actually. I want involved in the decision.

Lois from Loma Digital

Good for beginners

Overall, Weebly has been instrumental in getting my business up and running, and it has served its purpose up until now. The experience has been mostly positive thus far, but the natural progression of needing a platform that runs more smoothly, is more reliable, and has more features, leads me to other platforms.

Pros

To put it plainly, Weebly is basically idiot-proof, which is a great feature when you are first learning how to build websites. Without spending much time at all learning how to use Weebly, and no prior experience, you can throw up a quick website that looks and functions OK.

Cons

Weebly is so glitchy. Sometimes when I drag and drop a widget, it ends up halfway down the page in the wrong position, like the mouse is not calibrated or something, and this can only be fixed by doing a hard refresh. It is also painfully slow. You can't add custom fonts. The formatting with spacing is very basic.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Weebly is more simple than WordPress and was recommended by a tutor.

Mireia from Self Employed

Industry: Animation

Weebly

Weebly is a good software to start on a website prototype but as you advance more on the software, I would probably suggest to look for more advanced options. I like the templates it has for pre-built websites, thought.

Pros

It's very easy to work on the template for what will be a future website. If you know coding, it's kind of easy to add bits here and there. It has a lot of tools available to tweak text and plugins you might like.

Cons

The themes might seem too bulky sometimes, too much. But that depends on the style of each person. The app has some limitations and sometimes it can be very time consuming. Sometimes you don't know if the page is functioning properly until it's live.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

I'm not making a complete switch, i'm just learning about other options that will allow me to make a good website for other people to access and find intuitive and easy to navigate.

Andrew from Bindle Coffee

Who knew WEEBLY would keep us in business?

Overall, WEEBLY has been a lifesaver for us. The customer support has been really helpful, and usually solved our issues immediately. Our business will probably include online ordering through WEEBLY even after things settle down. It has helped streamline a lot of larger orders and helped create a more sustainable version of what we do.

Pros

We have grown VERY familiar with WEEBLY since the COVID-19 pandemic began. We use Square POS for our coffee shop, and WEEBLY is directly integrated with the online side of Square. We were very early adopters of WEEBLY, and initially had to sort of hack many of the features to make it do what we wanted to. WEEBLY has made accepting online orders - which was previously a very daunting idea - very easy. WEEBLY integrated perfectly with our Square system, and allowed us to use our current item library from Square for an easy online ordering system. It prints to paper printers our iPad digital printers, and helped streamline online orders at a crucial time in our business, where most of our sales were going through WEEBLY.

Cons

Sometimes WEEBLY will freeze up and create a spinning circle during checkout. This has created some issues for customers trying to order from us but end up giving up after waiting 15 minutes for it to load. It has gotten better as more people have adopted it during the COVID-19 pandemic. One more problem! If you decide to add items INSIDE Weebly instead of Square, it won't add any of the default taxes. We've sold items for weeks without charging tax and didn't notice until later. Just keep an eye out for that when creating items inside the Weebly back end.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

WEEBLY was already connected to our item library and we were able to launch it LITERALLY overnight. I'm glad we worked through the difficult phase of figuring out how it works to get to where it is now! Keeping bringing updates and perfecting the user experience!

Tyler from St. Pete Parasails, Inc

Industry: Sporting Goods

Weebly Review - An Easy Solution to Creating a Website

I would describe it as nothing short of successful. We have been able to build from scratch a professional website that has been great for providing information to our customers and guests. We have had no technological problems, though I did find myself contacting customer support on a couple of occasions. They were very responsive and helpful! Overall, I would describe it as a great success using Weebly.

Pros

My favorite part about this software is that it provides for the ability for more technologically-limited users, such as myself, to easily create a professional website. The ease of use is exemplary, as my favorite feature is the "drag and drop" ability to add in sections, pictures, and widgets. Additionally, there are extra plugins that are available but for basic use, it is very easy to quickly create a user-friendly website the has been easy for our customers to learn about our business.

Cons

As a double-edged sword, it should be noted that, for more advanced users, this might seem like a more basic alternative. The ease of use is great but for people who are looking for a more high-end, advanced website might want to consider other options. For the purposes of our business and its needs, this fits excellently.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

I, personally, am not technologically savvy enough to use other products. Drag and drop was a huge factor for me because I needed to both be able to build the website and have it be reviewed and edited by our staff. We all are at the same level of competence and this was a solution that fit us all!

Lena from SOS Grooming

Easy and professional website design

I love weebly, I’ve used it for many of my businesses to create a beautiful and professional website. It is so easy to use and to integrate any type of business into a great website. I’ve used it for web stores, for appointment software, and photography. You would never know I did it myself, it looks so good.

Pros

I love that it has the WYSIWYG design and makes building and creating a multi layer website super easy. It also has the advanced features and coding for more in depth design if needed. It was also great to have so many templates to start building from.

Cons

I didn’t like that you couldn’t edit the footer on the free plan. I think there are some limitations, like being able to place and move objects, that have unnecessary restrictions. For example, trying to move a photo or block of text into white space, it sometimes doesn’t allow you to utilize the entire area.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

I liked having the free plan to be able to test out most of the features with weebly and overall found it easier to use and the pricing plans were more competitive.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Magento was very old fashioned and hard to use. Integrations were a nightmare and trying to find the right reports to access my data took forever.

Weebly is an incredible option for building beautiful websites!

Very pleased! Weebly has allowed me to easily create beautiful sites for a competitive price. The tutorials and user friendliness are incredible!

Pros

I have built several websites with Weebly and other competitors. Here's what I like most about Weebly: - It's incredibly easy to use! Weebly offers a drag and drop interface that anyone can get the hang of using. - Reliable and error free - I've rarely experienced loading/saving errors. It's a reliable platform. - Weebly comes loaded with a variety of editable templates to choose from. - No advanced coding skills are needed, bit there is room for that if you have that skillset. - Pricing is among the best - even the free version is great. - There are great tutorials if you find yourself lost or needing help. - I think it's great for using with students It's a great introduction platform for students in website design. The blog design is a great option for students.

Cons

There's little to complain about with Weebly in my opinion, but know your purpose or intentions. If you want to build advanced sites with lots of content or sites that require passwords or money transfers, it may be beneficial to look at other platforms. You are somewhat limited with what you can do/create or the analytics you can track/collect.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Pricing was the primary reason. In hindsight, I also feel that it was easier and quicker to get the Weebly site up and live.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Primary reasons are the user friendliness and the pricing.

Susanne from Savant Medcial Billing

Even a novus can make this web building platform look professionally done

My business needs are being met with my site through Weebly. I have my provider resources built so my doctors and clinicians can go click on my forms or links and get what they need immediately. I used to do this all by hand. Having it set up on the website is a huge time saver for me and keeps everything available at the time of business for my providers and they don't have to come back to a task to complete it later if I am not available. My distribution lists are growing readily from the pop-ups to join my newsletters etc. I absolutely love Weebly's business platform, website building tools, and fee schedules. Give it a try. One more great thing about Weebly if you are just starting up they have a free website building tool and if I remember correctly 13 years ago anyways they offered free hosting with their logo inserted on the bottom of the web pages. If it;'s not free I can guarantee they are low fees to get up and running. Good luck choosing the right supports for your business and personal website management.

Pros

I really like the transparency of Weebly. It is so easy to find what you need and the program is very intelligent in how it helps assign the correct choice of an App that you want to use within the website. When you collect information from the email links they actually arrive at the outside destinations for your distribution lists and for responding to your client's requests. If you can point and click and follow pictures along the way you have this one down already! I really like the customer service I have received from Weebly people. They have all been very friendly, efficient and provided me with working solutions in responding only after 1 request submitted. They are educated on their product and this saves me time. I appreciate correct information and easy to apply solutions as I am a sole proprietor managing all of my own systems. I always get this from Weebly staff. I won't use anything else. The fees they charge are very competitive and they network so well with so many outside companies that managing your business requires. I say a big thumbs up for Weebly's technical gusto and friendly customer service.

Cons

You know I really have no complaints about Weebly. I am a somewhat savvy website builder and manager who does not perform coding so there may be more complex tasks that I am not aware that I would want. I can say my business has not suffered any loss from unknown or unused resources by building and hosting my website through Weebly.

Suzie from Melody Piano Detroit

Weebly Review

Overall, I really like weebly. I feel like it's been too long though since they've added new templates, and I really wish they would do this very soon. I really like that I know their system well. I also like that they added the new 'apps' features. It gives the websites a ton of more capability, and makes my website more interactive for people visiting as well due to the new apps and tools I'm able to use through Weebly. Another thing I really like about Weebly is how I'm able to publish my work onto a sub-domain until I'm ready to purchase and go for hard launch to the public, this is great, because then I have a proper way to be able to preview my work and see exactly what my website visitors will see.

Pros

The thing I like most about Weebly is it's ease of access, and how plainly user friendly it's laid out. It makes it extremely easy to use, which helps me focus on the content I'm implementing into my website, and keeps me on task to get things finished in a quick and efficient manner.

Cons

I don't like how Weebly CONSTANTLY charges me for things I don't authorize. No matter how many times I tell them to STOP the recurring charge options, and as many times as they confirm that they have taken care of it, I never have a safe feeling that they will stop it, which makes me nervous. I've had to call weebly numerous times, because out of nowhere, I'll have a charge from Weebly for some unknown thing that I never asked for, and never consented to having my card charged for, and it's getting very frustrating to have to call them to correct the issue every single time it happens, all for it to just keep happening again at MY expense.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Go daddy was getting WAY to expensive, and WAY too complicated. There were WAY too many steps from signing in, to when you finally actually get into the website builder. Go daddy just had way too many things going on. I like Weebly because of how basic, straight forward it is.

Great options for a self-published author

I love what I can do with Weebly. I use one of the smaller package options and it allows me to apply my logo to the menu tab, as well as knock the weebly.com off my website address. I found it easy to set up photos and link them to other websites, making my home page set-up exactly as it needed to be for an author. The package I'm using also opened up the option to create a password protected page. I haven't used that option and I doubt I will. I haven't needed it up to this point. It's nice to know it's available, though. Creating a landing page to add to my social media sites was also pretty easy to do.

Pros

Weebly was so easy to set up and use. The drag and drop features can't be beat. The free to pro features are clearly outlined to help you decide which one will work best for your needs.

Cons

It's clearly created with fast, reliable internet in mind. My internet is not so fast, since our ISP uses cell towers to bounce signals around. We're a rural area and with only one company providing internet service, if lots of people are online, I can't even use the site. The editor just refuses to open.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Again, the pricing:value ration seemed better for me on Weebly.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

The cost:value ration just worked better for me on Weebly. I still use Wordpress for a different blog, but it's the free version. I just don't like Wordpress's paid plans very well.

Sarah-jean from Small Town Coven

Better than other website builders

I've been using this website builder for over 4 years and it's been with me (and my business) through many different phases. It's easy to update and change the theme, layout and overall look. So when as my business grows, my website is able to grow with me.

Pros

My favorite thing about this website builder is the FREE option. I don't have to make any quick decision or deal with trail dates that make me feel rushed into committing to it. It's very user friendly and makes it easy to create a truly personalized website. I love that they have an on website store front option too. Keeps everything nicely organized in one easy to use place. I've been using this builder for well over 4 years now (from personal blogs to business pages) and I've had 0 issues so far. This website builder is on the same level as many other, more expensive, website builders.

Cons

I haven't ever had any issues with this software so I can't really say much about cons. Everything you need is easily accessible and affordably priced.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Weebly is much more user friendly and offers more easy to use options, without have to use a bunch of third party widgets.

Good website builder for small platforms

Allow us to built websites for our clients that are very nice to be seen, with all the main basic functionalities and very easy to manage

Pros

We recommend Weebly to many of our small clients as for small companies that are starting their e-commerce business is not overwhelming and it is very easy to set up and use.It offers many features that allow you to customize your online store and some of the features are drag and drop so basically you need no effort or big knowledge on building websites.For the website layout, they do offer a great variety of templates that are nice and customizable. You will surely find one that reflects your industry or your style.  The tools to manage the inventory and to process payments are good. Supports stripe and paypal My favorite feature of Weebly is the feature of the membership getaway, that allows you to give access to some pages just to register members.

Cons

Their strength is the simplicity, but it can become a limit when you are trying to grow your e-commerce as you might need other features that weebly do not offer as a base. Templates are nice and have been improved in quantity/quality lately but it is still a bit behind from other similar platforms

Alyssa from AlyssaHostetler.com

Do It Yourself Website

Overall, I love Weebly. I have been using it to host my website for quite a few years now and it is so easy. I tweak it all the time and I've very rarely had any issues. And their customer service has always been very helpful. I highly recommend this program.

Pros

Weebly has been one of the easiest programs to use for creating and maintaining my personal actor website. I have multiple pages, photos, people can contact me directly through my site. It is all very clean and organized and there are so many options to choose from for presentation of your site. It is easy to log on and do as small or large of an update as needed, and your new edits are published in minutes. There's no middle man to have to get anything approved, you can just come and go as you please. I only use the basic free version of Weebly and it has almost all the features I need.

Cons

I feel like sometimes the program is a bit limiting when you choose a certain type of formatting. For example, on my cover page, I have the title, then a photo on the left and a box for my "welcome" on the right. I never seem to get the exact formatting or change the font/size to what I need in that box. But honestly, if this is my biggest complaint, that is fine by me. There really isn't much else to complain about. Maybe if I upgraded to the paid version, that is more of an option/there's more flexibility. I don't know for sure though.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Overall Weebly just seemed more user friendly at the time. I did a little trial of Squarespace and it was fine, but I preferred the format of Weebly. And Wix I've had so many friends use it but they always seem to have an issue with it one way or another.

Katie from Druid Chains

Good eCommerce for small business

Weebly has made my online presence so much easier to maintain. Rather than having 3 or 4 different "locations" that I had to update with a listing or a sale, now I'm down to Etsy and Weebly. It's a huge impact in time management - I can focus on other things now.

Pros

It was and is so easy to sync with my Square account and make a really beautiful, simple website. The integration with Square's inventory means that I don't have to spend hours copying and relisting items I've already entered, and I don't have to worry about updating my website if I sell out of something at a craft show - the inventory tracking and integration with Square handles that for me.

Cons

There are some functions that could be more user-friendly or personalizable - for example, adding badges or other HTML to the site. I have several badges from various organizations that I like to keep listed as they're my credentials, but the website doesn't display them well.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

BigCommerce was not very user friendly, and I'd had experience with Wix's free sites in the past - so I knew they weren't what I was looking for.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Shopify was another platform I had to maintain, and I had to add a million "apps" to get it how I wanted it. It didn't integrate with Square, so trying to sync all of my accounts was out of the question. I had to list a new product in multiple places, which I no longer have to do. Weebly is slightly less expensive, but gives me back a lot of time.

Roger from A Writer's Touch

Great product once you get past the learning curve

I enjoy using the software and I would strongly recommend it.

Pros

Ease of use, once you get past the learning curve Store feature is flexible and effective, provides downloadable data to analyze your sales Site offers more flexibility in that each page can be set up to your exacting standards Support is good, although since I live/work on the east coast, and our support service is located on the west coast, I don't get support until around noon to 8:00 PM, from my specific contact.

Cons

Like any other software, it takes some time to get to know how it works and to be effective and efficient using the product. This is key for someone, like myself, who provides web design servicess through a consulting capacity.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Choice of my client, but it was a good decision.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

One client wanted to use this software, so I learned it and now I use it most often.

Danielle from DaniMagestro.com

As a web designer, I'm surprised at how pretty you can make Weebly sites

I had a client ask me to build her two websites in Weebly and I must say they came out pretty awesome! Keep in mind I'm a WP/Squarespace designer so this was kind of something I didn't want to do. The good thing is my clients can easily just edit their websites after I make them pretty. So great for those who don't want to worry about the tech/maintenance etc.

Pros

The drag and drop builder is super easy to use and in fact, it rivals the WordPress and Squarespace ones. It's smart enough to know if you drag and drop a photo that you want the text to wrap around the photo. Other builders can't seem to get this right. They will usually turn it into two columns and have too much white space under the photos. MORE WRAPPING please.

Cons

It's glitchy in Firefox, took me a few days of running into issues to realize it was that. It works better if you use Chrome with it.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

The client wanted to use it.

Kate from Kate Bosch Professional Organizing

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Had a website up and running in 1 hour!

When starting my business, I was looking at different website creation tools. On Weebly's first page, I saw a template that I liked and, since I didn't want to go down the rabbit hole of choosing from thousands of templates, I went with Weebly. I also liked that you can port your website to another platform if you want to leave Weebly. But after 5 years, I'm still with Weebly. I'm not a tech genius, but I can make changes to the site myself and it doesn't take much time to figure out what I need to do to make the site look the way I want. Seriously, after signing on with Weebly, I had a basic site up and running in one hour!

Pros

I love that Weebly is easy to use and doesn't confuse me with a million different options.

Cons

Mailchimp doesn't integrate well with Weebly, so this can cause some issues. There are limitations with popups and forms, so that can be a bit of an issue, but I've made it work.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Wix seemed overly confusing and had way too many templates.

Pedro from Creative27 LLC

Develop your website, without coding in a few minutes.

Weebly is a great tool when creating websites, it has helped me to speed up the creation of small and medium projects, which is where it is most useful, however when creating projects or ecommerce with a massive amount of objects, It is not the best tool since it lacks some features to be able to handle this amount more efficiently. In spite of this, it is excellent, for personal use, medium-sized companies, or start up, that need a professional web page and at a low cost.

Pros

What I like most about Weebly is how easy it is to create web pages, since it allows selecting from an acceptable variety of templates that have a great design, and are totally responsive, also allow the use of applications that integrate different functionalities to the website in a fast way, it is excellent for projects that have a large amount of information, since it has several tools that facilitate SEO, in addition it also integrates well with google analytics, with its content manager making CRUD is really easy and fast, so publishing content is an easy task, plus everything can be done without having to write code.

Cons

Although it is easy to edit web pages, you only need to drag and drop, to modify some additional functions or to edit the website more thoroughly, you need to know html and css, which maybe for users who do not know it complicates the task of personalizing their web page, does not allow to restore the website to previous versions manually, so you must contact the helpdesk, however, they are very attentive and respond quickly.

Amanda Josalene from Belk

Great for the price; Use for my online shop

I used Weebly for my online apparel business, and had switched to Weebly from Etsy. The experience has been great and I am still on Weebly’s monthly plan.

Pros

Weebly has been great for setting up an online shop in combination with my Square payments account and my website domain I purchased for cheap outside of Weebly. Weebly has a great monthly price plan that doesn’t break the bank for me and it comes with everything I need including domain transfer, easy online shopping set-up, store personalization, etc. I was able to easily hook-up my Weebly shop with Square which has low processing fees and instant deposits & transfers. I definitely suggest using Weebly with Square as they both compliment each other and both offer features that go hand-in-hand and make purchasing, shipping, bookkeeping, invoicing, etc. go by smoothly.

Cons

I didn’t have any cons. It did take me a little while to understand how to link my domain but that was due to my own fault.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Weebly was able to connect directly with Square payments which was a massive pro for me as I am a loyal customer with Square.

Kathleen from Leeward Community College

Consistently professional looking websites

I manage the content on a drupal site for my college. I occasionally need a micro-site for an event or a specific campaign, or I'll need a short term blog. I turn to weebly because it's fast and easy for me to build and align with our main website. I've developed a few sites that are now moderated and updated by faculty--non-techy folks who are not intimidated by the interface. So Weebly becomes a time-saver for me!

Pros

Ease of use! The drag and drop interface makes creating webpages flow easily from a sketch to online reality. I use the blogging features the most. By limiting some of the layout possibilities, Weebly ensures your site will look professional. With the ability to add html segments, I find I can easily mount a rather complex site in a relatively short amount of time.

Cons

Although I see it as a plus now, I was a bit frustrated by the limitations on exact spacing and layout. Sometimes I wish I could move an element just a few pixels! Generally this is minor. And it certainly helps for people who are uncertain about design choices.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

The main reason at the time of purchase was that Weebly allowed you to easily change the theme of your site. Wix did not.

Emily from The Morose Bee

Needed for Ecom Features

The customer support is very nice and everything is easy to use. I have used Weebly on and off for many years and was always generally happy with it.

Pros

If it wasn't for the lack of ecom features that I need to run my business, I would still be using this service. It is easy to use and make an attractive website. I love how easy it is to edit every last detail without a lot of web design knowledge.

Cons

The ecom features are very limited and I couldn't use the gift certificate features the way my business needed.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

The price is good to have a basic landing page.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

When I don't need too diverse of a sales platform, I always use weebly for a project.

Christopher W. from NinjaHELL! Productions

Easy and Powerful

I have a snazzy looking front for my comedy troupe, and a hidden page to send to potential clients with a demo reel. It’s easy to maintain and update, and I can even run merchandise through it. What more can you ask for?

Pros

I loved how easy it was to build and flesh out a fully-featured website in a few minutes. Because there are multiple templates to start from, each of which can be further customized, and their WYSIWYG engine is so simple, adding or tweaking pages to cover more of our content is super easy too. Their customer service hotline is top-notch, if you’re a paid customer. And the prices aren’t too bad.

Cons

If a design template is no longer supported or licensed by Weebly, websites that use it get to keep it. However, Weebly stops being able to work with said template past a certain point so certain edits become frustrating or overly complicated. It’s easy to switch templates and rebuild, which is what I ended up doing, but it was still needed.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

The drag and drop functionality is much easier to learn and more flexible, plus having built-in storefront features are an excellent value.

Angela from Fox Cycling

Easy and visual

Mainly good. Managing our own websites has been immensely successful. Cheaper, more responsive, better.

Pros

You can see exactly how webpages look - and quickly build websites by dragging and dropping features. We've used it for years. For the most part it quietly gets on with doing what it does best.

Cons

Doesn't connect with other apps well (some do), but it doesn't connect with Zapier. You can't copy pages across separate websites, so if wanted to create a similar one, you'd need to do that from scratch. Contact form data doesn't go anywhere. You'd have to manually update your CRM. As long as you like what it offers, you're OK, but it's not super flexible. Really annoying feature if your run your online store through it - when customers pay via paypal, they think they've completed the transaction, but then get redirected back to the page they saw before and have to click 'commit to buy' which many don't. They might ring you, confused about where their stuff is, or they might just give up and buy from somewhere else... I talked to Weebly about this frustratingly pointless feature, and the response was "That kind of how it is, soz".

Aria from baku moving

Software that can help with easy website making

Pros

Weebly has been ranked as the easiest website builder recommended by most of the web consultants. Weebly offers all basic tools that you can use for building a website or store from scratch. Weebly’s collection of templates now includes a great choice of on-trend mobile-responsive designs. Unlike Wix and Shopify Plus it lets you download the full code to your website, so you can customize it or even download it. Weebly also offers over 40 pre-designed templates to help you get started. The layouts to every type of page can be found. Weebly also enables the user to add and install more apps for your use. Weebly also lets you create a fully customizable club to which you have full control.

Cons

When using weebly’s drag and drop customization we found it to be very limited. If you use weebly after using Wix or SquareSpace you will find it’s drag and drop customization very limited. On the case releasing new features weebly has been very slow . They just upgrade two or so features in a year but now they have picked up the pace. But they are still focusing on the cutting edge technologies, rather than that they should focus on improving the friendly user. Another tiny feature that my colleague pointed out was that the blogging tools need to be improved in a very little sense but it causes a lot. The feature is that you cannot highlight or show you most recent or most popular posts first. We have sent them a message and their response time was very fast.

Binyamin from Galil Soil Farm

Industry: Farming

Easy Shmeezy Website Creation

Of all online platforms from accounting to legal, form graphic to word processing, Weebly is my favorite platform. I believe that says a lot!

Pros

When it comes to Weebly, what's not to love. Yes its limited, but that's not the point. The point about Weebly is that its super easy. Obviously if you need something robust, even mildly robust, Weebly isn't for you. But if all you need is an easy straight forward and affordable, Weebly is just that. When I need to create a website that is feature rich I go to Site123 or Shopify, but if all I want is to show my portfolio (and maybe make a few sales) and/or to show my ideas, to have a platform with which to communicate to the online world, its really hard to beat Weebly.

Cons

My greatest regret when it comes to Weebly is that, being as restrictive as it is, when I need to create multi-lingual sites, that look avaunt-guard and cutting edge, I'm forced to look elsewhere. Being that I so like Weebly, I wish that wouldn't be the case. I wish that Weebly would provide the spectrum from super simple, fun, and easy (which it is) to highly robust (which evidently it doesn't wish to be).

Bob from Bob Thibodeau Speaks

My Review of Weebly Website Builder

I have used Weebly for several years. I've had an occasion or two to contact their customer support and they have been a great help. Usually, my issue is resolved fairly quickly. I cannot recommend Weebly an higher than I already have! This is a great platform to build your website on!

Pros

I enjoy Weebly's "drop and drag" blocks to build the website. You can move things around. You can change the way they look. You can add features...the design results are truly limitless. I have used Weebly for several years in hosting a few of my websites. The customer support is terrific. I've only had to contact them a couple of times and have had very quick responses. Definitely worth the price (and their prices are VERY comparable to others out there that do not even come close to Weebly's quality)!

Cons

Every now and then, I will want to try and do something of a tweak to my website, and I do not know how to make it happen. There is almost no tutorial help. The best way of finding out "how to do something on a Weebly website" is to go to YouTube or Google and put in a search. I've found that is the fastest way to make a change I'm not sure how to accomplish on my own.

Neyda Jose from Paxata

Website designer accessible and easy to use

Weebly is a tool that allows you to design web pages with really attractive designs thanks to the fact that the templates provided are of quality that is why the pages can be used not only for personal use but also for professional level, their plans are very accessible and it is a easy to use site is why it has been useful to please different customers looking for a website that represents them.

Pros

Weebly I like it a lot mainly because it is a tool for designing web pages that is really easy to use, because in its interface you can see templates organized in different sectors and although not many are offered, they are of quality and they are organized so that it is much more simple to handle the search of the one that is considered appropriate to represent the website that you want to design, on the other hand it is magnificent that provides the power to visualize in advance how the website could be seen with the different templates, besides this tool saves the tedious work of having to look for the page to adapt to different devices because in an automated way the pages are optimized so that when visualizing in said devices they do not see in an inadequate way.

Cons

One of the things that bother me the most is that Weebly does not provide its users with backups of the websites, so it is quite tedious in case there is a very drastic change in the site or if for some reason the database is altered the website will be lost.

‘professional websites to start free’

Weebly offers an easy website builder for any person with basic web knowledge to setup the site with drag and drop tools to place your objects or comes with pre-built templates, unique fonts etc to make your site outstanding and exciting. These digital showcases display enough convincing to attract prospective online buyers. If you are clever enough you can get a better price for the same product from a niche market, when you position your site in a professional platform such as weebly. These are the advantages of using services of a professional platform like weebly. To add more, you have resources to present super quality audio & video to complement your marketing strategies. Additionally through weebly you can directly launch FB marketing and the weebly system is designed for effective SEO to flash throuth your competitors. Try it out with a free plan.

Pros

weebly is another successful hosting platform targeting primarily ecommerce clientele. Its an ideal platform for startups to experiment their ideas and gain experience in theirs ventures without making an initial investment on a website and then elevate for a fully fledged website to do serious e-marketing or online trading. Weebly offers highly efficient and productive solutions for serious ecom but at a cost above market averages yet with features not found in average hosting plans.

Cons

weebly wouldn’t let any stone unturned. Therefore its strange if one can find any serious minuses except for the cost of paid plans which in turn is justifiable in comparison to the features.

Wulliams from UCAB - Universidad Católica Andrés Bello

The construction of our Blog was very easy thanks to this software

Pros

Creating a blog has certain challenges, especially in the part of design and exposure of the information you want to reflect. In order to achieve the quality we were looking for, we came across this incredible software, and I can't stop praising it because it really is an innovative software that has very interesting characteristics when it comes to creating a blog. Weebly has allowed our work team to create a quality blog, with innovations that we had never handled as its templates for categories are very complete and aesthetically beautiful, which facilitated the work of editing the blog, is also a very intuitive software, ideal for using the option of "autocomplete" and add elements that we had not planned. At the time we were able to upload photos and texts to our blog by simply dragging and dropping in the window where we created the blog. And the best thing about this software is that it is totally free, ideal for building any kind of blog and website in an easy way, even in our team we are evaluating the possibility of starting to create our website from this software, simply Weebly we like it a lot and we do not stop using it and recommend it to our colleagues.

Cons

We see with deep concern that this software greatly complicates the possibility of migrating information to other blogs. We observe this when we collaborate with other colleagues who work in the area of culture, who ask us for content on some research carried out, or with journalists who ask for extracts from the researches and events we carry out to make their news reviews. It is very difficult to migrate this information and we have to use other methods to socialize the information we are asked to provide.

Iqra from Butt IT Solutions

Best Website Builder for Website and Online Store

I have created a few online store websites for my clients, and they are really satisfied and happy. I always add products in these store websites with titles and descriptions. No doubt, I have increased the number of sales for the products that I have published on these websites. So anyone can grow the business using the Weebly website builder. I am really happy with Weebly. Because now I am able to design beautiful websites.

Pros

You can build and launch a professional website using Weebly website builder. Weebly offers powerful tools and using these tools you can customize your website in a professional way. You can easily manage order management, shipping, and payments for your online store. You can build a stunning and fabulous website for your business. The Weebly website builder is really easy to understand and use. Lots of templates that you can edit.

Cons

The dashboard and tools are really easy to use. Whenever I edit the content of my websites using Weebly, I never faced any issue in these tools. So according to my experience and point of view, there are no cons in Weebly.

Anant from Priyansh Animations

Weebly - Easiest Way to Get Online

All the websites that formed the backbone of my business are currently hosted on Weebly since the past 10 years. It is a great platform that is not only irreplaceable but also outright the only choice I would ever make.

Pros

The WYSIWYG Editor that Weebly pioneered Simple and Elegant Interface Multiple Domains with Stats Free Hosting Option with Unlimited Bandwidth Custom Domains and SSL Amazing Customer Support Cross Platform Support

Cons

Slower to Edit Website No Root Access to Files Lack of Template Choice Limited access to Design

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Weebly had the right combination of features.

Meagan from Elm City Middle School

Weebly- Unlock Your Inner Web Designer

Weebly is a wonderful website building platform. I have personally used it to create both a website and online portfolio that I use professionally. I was very nervous when I began designing the site, but Weebly could not make it easier to develop the website of your dreams!

Pros

Weebly gives even the least tech-savvy users the freedom and the tools to create their own professional website. With Weebly, creating a personalized website is simple, worry-free, and rewarding. The site has hundreds of themes available to suit whichever enterprise you are beginning, from online stores to blogs, to business, to personal webpages, and online portfolios, Weebly enables you to truly have it all. The website builder supports you as you add pages to your webpage and makes editing a snap! I have no web developing background but created an online portfolio that I am proud to share at all professional events, all with the built-in support of the Weebly website! For anyone looking to have the power to customize their own site, I cannot recommend this platform highly enough.

Cons

Honestly, in the years I have worked with Weebly, I have no reason not to recommend the platform. It is perfect for those who want to create their own website in a hasslefree manner. The website even offers free and premium versions of virtually all add ons to meet whichever price point the user is working with.

No-fuss, no-frills, satisfying website creator for simple websites

I run some small personal websites with it.

Pros

It's quick, easy, and gets the job done. You're not going the build the world's greatest site with it, let's not kid ourselves. But if you just need a clean, basic website that communicates what you need to say and you don't want to waste a lot of time doing it, this is a good go-to. There are nice, modern templates, drag and drop interfaces, and they now have a third party plugin gallery. Not a lot of content yet, but maybe it will get there someday. It's got nothing on Wordpress though. It's affordably priced, although I understand their pricing is going to change to be more expensive. I've been using them for over 10 years, to run my small, personal sites; but I might have to consider changing in the next couple years.

Cons

It's not terribly powerful if you don't want to get into html, and the third party support for it is pretty lacking. Lots of features you'd find on Wordpress or even other similar platforms are absent. But for the price (as it is today), it's hard to complain. Also, I have trouble getting help from their support. I've had issues with logging in and I may or may not get a response, and if I do I might have to wait a day or so. I don't know about you, but when I need to make a change to my site, I need to make a change, I can't wait around for a whole day. Fortunately, in the long time I've used Weebly, this has only happened a few times.

Peter from Columbia Data Products - Snapback

The platform that designs us wonders like

It is very nice to have a platform that can provide all its technological capabilities, to create a web page or blogs in a simple, elegant and fast, that even anyone who uses it for the first time feels like a true creator of wonders. In our office we usually work with this system very often, especially when we urgently need a web page, on the other hand in our home my family has been greatly benefited in their daily and educational activities.

Pros

Weebly allows the particularity of allowing to change templates, this feature is very important since sometimes we have had doubts or we have decided to make certain modifications in our web pages, and we have even been able to make the changes after being published. Another important aspect is that all its templates are adapted to our mobile devices, which means being of great help, since we have access to all the content and we can view and modify the page at any time. It has the property of incorporating our pages elements such as photos, videos, etc, in an easy and fun way, with its peculiar style of drag and drop. This platform offers us a very good technical support, in the occasions that have attended us we have been very lucky with the help that they have given us.

Cons

Weebly presents the detail that when you delete a page, it is necessary to wait for the Weebly support team to restore the website for us.

Anne from A to Z Pirate Booty - eCommerce Sales

Weebly helps me with Websites and Blog Sites in a HURRY. I LOVE this product & have made many sites!

This is my go to website builder for ease of use and how great the pages look. Complete flexibility when you want to make something custom. Love the links, social media tools and will be trying out some Adsense and other money making SEO stuff! Thanks Weebly!

Pros

I like the ease of use and flexibility of the templates to make the sites my own. I have made many FREE sites and upgraded them as needed. I have made blog sites with my own custom web URL and love working and updating when I get the chance. I have done an eCommerce site as well and it's easy to set up too. Links are very easy to add as well as FREE photos and others that you can pay a small price for. It's got everything under the hood for sure! I used to use the Apple product to make my sites, but Weebly took over for me since that time! Love the new promotion page stuff too! Lots of room for growth and updating! Thanks Weebly!

Cons

When I get a bill and an email telling me about renewal, I wish I knew which page it was for since I have many sites that I operate and maintain. Hope that is in the works.

sam from r&r skin bar

good value

easy to ingrate additional webpages and a shopping center in additional to a booking page, making it easy for clients to have a one stop shop that has a seamless branding design.

Pros

i like how easy it is to create a basic website from nothing. for the free version there are tons of options to choose from and customize your website on, while making it easy to navigate for beginners.

Cons

how some basic features should be included in the free version, or allow for a downgraded version. i think website traffic analytics should be able to be seen with a free version to some degree, as well as a little bit more customization as for as website interface and design.

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

More features, way easier to use, more affordable

Pam from Bayside Adventure Sports

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Love Weebly for Easy Website Building!

I've been struggling with my organization for years to get a website that looks great and is affordable. After 3 professional attempts at sites, we switched to Weebly. After watching about an hour of tutorial videos, I was able to build our own site quickly and easily. Best of all, it looks really good - especially for what we pay! You don't have to know HTML or have a lot of expertise to have a sharp looking, affordable website. I love that we can maintain it ourselves - no delay in waiting for busy designers to update our content. The online commerce features work really well. Also love the contact forms. It's doesn't have fancy form builders for complex event registration - but I haven't tried all their apps - they add more regularly. They also just rolled out updated features in Weebly 4 that I'm looking forward to implementing. I have built 5 sites now with Weebly - all different levels of subscriptions - and I've been pleased with all of them. I have also referred a couple of business associates to Weebly. A great option for those needing basic websites with e-commerce and many other features without the hefty price tag. I highly recommend!

Pros

Ease of use. Modern designs. Great Value.

Cons

Wouldn't mind better event registration capabilities and event calendar options - but I have found other software that fills in the gaps and Weebly allows links to outside pages - so it works!

Mindy from Starlight Designs by Mindy Levin

Industry: Graphic Design

So Simple!

I really enjoy using Weebly. I can easily post products to my graphic design website and can easily lead customers to my shops with a simple picture-click that's linked to the product page. (I sell on Zazzle and the likes so it's not something I have inventory for and therefore cannot use Weebly's shop options but I would have nothing against using it if one day I do carry inventory.)

Pros

Okay, I am tech-savvy but I am no coder which is why Weebly is PERFECT for me!!! It's a very simple drag-and-drop format but there's so much flexibility! And if you do know code, you can do whatever you want. there are no limits!

Cons

I really don't see any negatives to Weebly but since I have to write something, I'll say that I wish some paid features were free - don't we all?

Reasons for Switching to Weebly

Wix wasn't as flexible and didn't have as many nice options as Weebly. I believe Wix may have come a long way though but I like Weebly so I have no reason to go back.

Yadah from The Academy of Spa & Wellness

Been 3 years and I still love them!

An affordable option for someone living off a third world currency, this has been fantastic. My site is stunning and I've had so many compliments on it. It's easy to use, easy to learn, easy to edit.

Pros

I've always had fantastic customer service from them. They make sure we get weekly updates if new and improved features and definitely try help us create the best website possible. I love the fact that it's a DIY drag-and-drop type of website creation with fantastic templates to choose from, but you do have the added option of editing the 'code' to customise it even more. The prices are phenomenal for what they offer, and even though I've been using Weebly for 3 years I'm STILL learning new ways to make my website look stunning and 100% branded. I'm a Weebly fan, hands down.

Cons

Although the customer service is great, it can also be really slow... Especially if you're not on a higher tier of the payment plan. I wish the blog page was a bit more changeable. It's annoying to have the side bar...

Aaron from Grace Baptist Church

Industry: Graphic Design

Great for simple websites

I gave up on weebly a few years ago, before ultimately coming back to them for most of my web design needs. In recent years they have taken great strides to making their sites function as good as their competitors and making their sites look as good as their competitors.

Pros

It is easy to learn and use and easy to teach my clients how to maintain their own sites Has a good variety of templates to choose from They are starting to catch up with other companies by offering plugins and apps.

Cons

Customer service is pretty hard to get in touch with as you pretty well are left to emailing problems and very rarely get real solutions. Not easy to allow your clients to have their websites transferred over to their own account once they are on the designer platform.

Nancy from Raising 4 Gibbs

Industry: Online Media

Building Websites for Beginners

Using Weebly allowed me to start my blogging experience on a $0 budget. It was starting out as a hobby, so I didn't want to sink any unnecessary money into it.

Pros

This software was by far the easiest to use. I checked out several different website building tools before choosing to use weebly. Its perfect for first time users, as the steps to building and publishing multiple kinds of sites are laid out for you. Adding in pictures, sections, articles, and social media links aren't an issue at all.

Cons

The only issue I had was linking a domain I bought through another site to the site I was using on Weebly. It took several articles and YouTube videos to figure it out.

Reasons for Choosing Weebly

Weebly gave a completely free option. Also, there was the choice between already laid out plans or starting from scratch. The tools were also very self explanatory and easy to use.

Lucky Griffin from PDBY Media

Weebly Review

My overall experience with Weebly has been an improvement from experiences I have had with other sitebuilders which tend to feel cluttered and complicated. I would recommend Weebly.

Pros

Weebly is a fairly easy to use website buidling platform with easily customisable templates. Aside from that I also liked the fact that its SEO settings for the free version are more customisable than some of their competitors like wordpress, making the Weebly free version more findable by such engines hence it is more customisable for digital marketing. It was fairly simple integrating Weebly into our business process.

Cons

The only thing I did not like about the software is that it can be slow while in editor mode. However I am not sure if this was the software being slow or my internet connection.

Weebly gets small busienss websites up and running in no time

Weebly has been a God send for us and and our clients. We have been able to build websites within a couple of hours. The free version allows the client to see if this is something they would like to use for the brand. We are then able to set up a professional looking website within a day. When the client wants to expand with more functionality we get them help in the form of a developer. However as an entry point this is the best website builder we have worked with.

Pros

Weebly has been the first choice we recoomend to our clients if they want a website they can build and have up and running in record time. It gives a professional look yet you do not need developing knowledge in order to be able to build your website website. The drag and drop functions allow you to move features around on your website and as your require more functionality you can always get a coder to add this on for you. I particularly like it because it can start as a small project being run by the owner and as the project scales the website can be expanded with more technicalities being added.

Cons

From the perspective of a non developer, this software has been good to my business and my clients business. It has helped us get websites up and running in a couple of hours with no coding knowledge. I cannot really fault this software from that perspective.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,544 reviews