All Weebly Reviews

1-25 of 1,627 Reviews

Education Management, 51 - 200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

Simple interface, great for teachers

Christopher W.

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2020

Easy and Powerful

I have a snazzy looking front for my comedy troupe, and a hidden page to send to potential clients with a demo reel. It’s easy to maintain and update, and I can even run merchandise through it. What more can you ask for?

PROS

I loved how easy it was to build and flesh out a fully-featured website in a few minutes. Because there are multiple templates to start from, each of which can be further customized, and their WYSIWYG engine is so simple, adding or tweaking pages to cover more of our content is super easy too. Their customer service hotline is top-notch, if you’re a paid customer. And the prices aren’t too bad.

CONS

If a design template is no longer supported or licensed by Weebly, websites that use it get to keep it. However, Weebly stops being able to work with said template past a certain point so certain edits become frustrating or overly complicated. It’s easy to switch templates and rebuild, which is what I ended up doing, but it was still needed.

Reason for choosing Weebly

The drag and drop functionality is much easier to learn and more flexible, plus having built-in storefront features are an excellent value.

Anant

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Weebly - Easiest Way to Get Online

All the websites that formed the backbone of my business are currently hosted on Weebly since the past 10 years. It is a great platform that is not only irreplaceable but also outright the only choice I would ever make.

PROS

The WYSIWYG Editor that Weebly pioneered Simple and Elegant Interface Multiple Domains with Stats Free Hosting Option with Unlimited Bandwidth Custom Domains and SSL Amazing Customer Support Cross Platform Support

CONS

Slower to Edit Website No Root Access to Files Lack of Template Choice Limited access to Design

Reason for choosing Weebly

Weebly had the right combination of features.

Rich

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

There are better options out there.

Support takes a VERY long time to reply to tickets and/or messages. Sometimes up to a week. Replies are usually canned messages or written as if the CSR doesn't really care about helping you or not. Customization to our site theme from one of their on-site-listed 3rd party customizers made our checkout page un-usable after Weebly did some updates. I had to contact Weebly support twice (over more than a week's time) before they told me they couldn't help us due to our custom theme (which I don't think carries over into the check out pages). The customizer ended up fixing it for us. The only reason we haven't gone to another e-commerce hosting company is we don't have the time to invest in setting up all of our products again in another platform. When we do have time, we'll be moving on to a better platform.

PROS

No much. It seemed to be what we needed after ditching a prior hosting company/shopping cart. The price was in-line or maybe a bit lower than some competitors.

CONS

After importing our item list we began to see how cumbersome using the back-end is. There's a huge learning curve. To this day, years after signing up, it's still difficult to navigate around. Lots of standard features are lacking, and they don't seem to be in a hurry to implement anything that their client base requests.

Reason for choosing Weebly

The cost and what seemed to be prompt customer support.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

The customization that they did for our site for us would break the site every time they updated their core applications - and wanted to charge us hundreds of dollars to fix our site every time they did - even though I had in writing that their updates wouldn't break our site, and if they did they would take care of them at no charge.

Darcy

Construction, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2024

Weebly Website

PROS

We use weebly for our website. it is really use to use and change or fix thing on our website. I wasnt the one that originally built the website but i am able to go into our account and change our webssite. I am no web designer but i was able to add a tab to the website with no issues.

CONS

the one con is the website was changed a little bit so i had to releard where everything was.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

We made the switch because the [sensitive content hidden] wanted to revamp the website.

Resha

Consumer Goods, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Well known platform

PROS

I like having the ability to integrate other tools that I needed

CONS

Definitely have to take your time with it and understand how to navigate system

Xavier

Music, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

An almost top dog website builder

I would say that my overall experience with Weebly has been satisfactory but a little underwhelming. When I compare with other website builders like: Squarspace, etc. They seem to look more modern and more stylish. I do not know if I am staying with them or moving on in the near future.

PROS

I was able to create my website the way I wanted it. I had been fighting to create a website until I finally did it and decided to go with Weebly because my wife has her website with them and it looked pretty cool. I chose a template and replaced everything with my pics and videos and voila I had my website.

CONS

I feel like the website can be clunky and sometimes non responsive. Sometimes while dragging and dropping the different options for photos and videos the preview would not be an accurate depiction of what it actually looked like in the website. It would freeze sometimes and you would need to get out and come back in and pray that the changes you made were saved, sometimes it was and sometimes it was not.

Reason for choosing Weebly

Because my wife already had a website with them.

Bessy

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Weebly Is Too Much for Beginners

As a designer, I spent A LOT of time figuring out the reseller portal. For my client, we were limited as to where we could place images and content. It was very frustrating. We could add HTML, but who wants to do that if the whole purpose of drag and drop is to be able to have a beginner do it quickly and painlessly. Customer service was NOT helpful either.

PROS

Weebly had some nice backgrounds. Some of the templates we good as well. There was really nothing else.

CONS

It's so complicated and so limiting! I did a couple of Websites for a client because it was monthly payment and it was REALLY low cost, but we paid for it in lost time.

Reason for choosing Weebly

It was less expensive, which is what the client wanted, but we ended up going to Wix once my client realized the advantages of Wixc and that the price really was worth the software.

Lawrent

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

A good affordable and quick to set up web-builder

Weebly got us started in no time, and our web presence was almost immediate. Their service was very affordable and, as a small school, it was more than welcome. We received compliments from the community for the quality of our school website.

PROS

Weebly allows you to quickly be present on the web thanks to its -although limited- templates, and ease of use. You can customize your website to your liking and navigate through the SEO quite easily. I liked the fact that you can add contributors with limited control. We had to resort to contacting the support team, and they always answered in a timely and efficient manner.

CONS

There are fewer templates than in WIX, which is essential as I didn't want to spend too much time customizing the website. Starting with something closer to what we wanted was a priority.

Reason for choosing Weebly

Weebly was cheaper. However, I chose WIX for my new business.

Tshepo

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Build a turnkey store within minutes

It makes web development easy since i can drag and drop to design my website, find a domain and even setup a payment gate in one place.

PROS

Its easy for me to build a ready to go online store within minutes thanks to ready made templates.

CONS

I'm sometimes forced to include other payments gates since the native one is not supported worldwide.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Weebly's pricing plan is better than the rest

Lily

Education Management, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2023

Very easy software to use- Great for bloggers and students

Weebly is a great piece of software that provides a useful service to people who do not want to pay for website builders.

PROS

Weebly is free and easy to use. There is the option to pay to customise your own domain if you do not wish to have the weebly name in the domain, however the free version of the software doesn't excessively limit users. Themes are so customisable and pretty. 24/7 customer support.

CONS

I wish the website could be slightly more reliable, status can be down a lot. Sometimes the website can be incompatible with certain browsers.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Looking for a better free alternative, but not paid subscription

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed February 2021

Very easy to use!

Very positive overall experience. I’ve never had to reach out to support though so I’m not sure what that experience is like.

PROS

I started using this tool when I got a client who wanted me to manage their website along with their paid ads I was building and managing. At first o was hesitant to learn a new platform and was worried I’d need to have extensive coding experience, but once I saw how user-friendly and intuitive it was to manage their site, I was thrilled!

CONS

It’s obviously not a fully custom website platform, but for being WYSIWYG and drag and drop, it really does the job well.

Reason for choosing Weebly

My client chose the Parisian actually. I want involved in the decision.

Reviewed September 2022

Drag and Drop Website Building For Beginners

Honestly, Weebly is an easy platform to use. You can quickly build a website for free or you can choose to go with a paid plan. I've used the free version and the paid version without any hiccups. For anyone just starting out online, their platform is a dream.

PROS

Weebly comes with website templates that are ready to go right out the box. For anyone looking to build a website without the fuss of watching a million tutorials or YouTube "how to" vids, this is a winner.

CONS

While Weebly makes website building is easy, there is little that can be done beyond the templates they provide. This is why I left Weebly and switched over to WordPress for all of my websites.

Reason for choosing Weebly

I left Wix and started building on Weebly because I preferred the templates on Weebly.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

I preferred the website templates that Weebly had to offer over the templates that came with Wix.

Hallie

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Perfect for Our Small Business

Very simple to use

PROS

It was very easy to set up the initial website. The basic layout is great and as I used it more, it was easier to manage and navigate

CONS

I cannot put things exactly where I like. They often jump to align with the next graphic which sometimes I would rather it align with a specific word or sentence on the page.

Reason for choosing Weebly

Easier to set up and link with my google domain

Reasons for switching to Weebly

I found wix to be more difficult to navigate when I had to use it for school projects.

Roger

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

Great product once you get past the learning curve

I enjoy using the software and I would strongly recommend it.

PROS

Ease of use, once you get past the learning curve Store feature is flexible and effective, provides downloadable data to analyze your sales Site offers more flexibility in that each page can be set up to your exacting standards Support is good, although since I live/work on the east coast, and our support service is located on the west coast, I don't get support until around noon to 8:00 PM, from my specific contact.

CONS

Like any other software, it takes some time to get to know how it works and to be effective and efficient using the product. This is key for someone, like myself, who provides web design servicess through a consulting capacity.

Reason for choosing Weebly

Choice of my client, but it was a good decision.

Reasons for switching to Weebly

One client wanted to use this software, so I learned it and now I use it most often.

shivam

Music, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2021

Make your Website in Just Few clicks!

My experience with Weebly is really Enjoyable , it was so easy to build website .. i am using Weebly at least 1-2 years :D

PROS

I like this website so much ! you don't need to design website by code . you need to just design by few click i like this this feature most and also it gives you 30 days trial for free which is the best option's for students / beginners !

CONS

all features are good But do you know that out of 1000 good things, there is one evil and only one thing is lacking in it and that thing is Website design .. website is good but I notice that when my free trial has been expired then I want to delete my website and I am trying to find out how to delete my website but i can't find it then my friend tell me there you can delete it .... So i want to tell you that please try to delete website easily and also add New Themes , Plugins and some thing more ....

I choose Weebly because it's not very costly , Trusted Brand

Reasons for switching to Weebly

Wix is also a good website but it was very costly which I cant afford it

Kathleen

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Consistently professional looking websites

I manage the content on a drupal site for my college. I occasionally need a micro-site for an event or a specific campaign, or I'll need a short term blog. I turn to weebly because it's fast and easy for me to build and align with our main website. I've developed a few sites that are now moderated and updated by faculty--non-techy folks who are not intimidated by the interface. So Weebly becomes a time-saver for me!

PROS

Ease of use! The drag and drop interface makes creating webpages flow easily from a sketch to online reality. I use the blogging features the most. By limiting some of the layout possibilities, Weebly ensures your site will look professional. With the ability to add html segments, I find I can easily mount a rather complex site in a relatively short amount of time.

CONS

Although I see it as a plus now, I was a bit frustrated by the limitations on exact spacing and layout. Sometimes I wish I could move an element just a few pixels! Generally this is minor. And it certainly helps for people who are uncertain about design choices.

Reason for choosing Weebly

The main reason at the time of purchase was that Weebly allowed you to easily change the theme of your site. Wix did not.

Autumn