• Pros

• "Easy to use, has great features. Upgrades are usually very helpful. And it's free!!!"

• "I love all the features and options with woo commerce. It is amazing all the cool things you can do with it. "

• "This gives you the whole shopping cart experience for your site, it used to be very difficult to build such a thing, but this product makes it easy. "

• Cons

• "For busy people, WooCommerce may seem to cumbersome and tedious to tinker with, but that is easily overcome with a few videos and taking some time to get to know the plugin."

• "Customising for non-techies is not as easy. But other than that, great product"

• "I don't have anything wrong to say about this product, and it does what it is supposed to do. The templates could be more user-friendly; however, it could be user inexperience. "

Browse WooCommerce Reviews

Emeka from Innovation Growth Hub

An Easy to Use Ecommerce website builder

I used Woocommerce to build my ecommerce website. It was easy to do unlike starting from scratch to build the website. Also I didn't have to pay website developers to build the website for me. It could have costed me a whole lot of money had I outsourced it to website developers.

Pros

Woocommerce is an ecommerce plugin built for WordPress. To be able to use Woocommerce one must install WordPress first. Just like the parent software (WordPress), Woocommerce is very commendable. The things I like about Woocommerce include the following: 1. Free to use: Just like WordPress, Woocommerce is free to use, though one may need to purchase some premium plugins to add some features that may not be available in free plugins. Cost was a major factor for me when I was making the choice of a platform to use for my ecommerce website, and Woocommerce was the best fit for me. 2. Support network: Woocommerce have a huge user base. There are online and offline communities where one can easily get solution to problems. 3. Ease Of Us: Woocommerce is very easy to use compared to some other ecommerce website builders I've checked out. One only have to install compatible themes and plugins to get started. It is a drag and drop ecommerce website builder, and need no technical skills to get started. 4. Security: Woocommerce websites are secure. The plugin witnesses regular updates to keep it secured. 5. Dedicated Dashboard: Woocommerce have a dedicated dashboard where one can see the performance of the website, like the number of sales, and the amount of sales. This is beautiful as I get to see how my business is going without much ado.

Cons

One of the issues I had with Woocommerce was the learning curve. Though it's easy to use after one is done learning it, but the learning curve wasn't very easy for me. After the initial stage of learning though, it became very easy to use. Also with Woocommerce, I had to be updating the server myself unlike with Shopify. Shopify maintains the server. Shopify handles the technicalities. Another issue was the need to buy an SSL encryption. With Shopify, this wasn't an issue for me, as Shopify takes care of that.

Reasons for Choosing WooCommerce

I chose Woocommerce because it was free and easy to use.

Woocommerce is OK for the price - needs a lot fo plugins and customizations

Overall with sourcing the right plugins it works. Part fo the WC challenge is trying to be all things to all people. As a result, there are too many settings when we don;t need them and not enough when we do need those features!

Pros

The price is manageable (i.e. less than $200 /yr) and, if you understand Wordpress, can be implemented relatively quickly. Greater customizations require more plugins (or snippets) to make it work for more unique situations. (We sell courses and use additional plugins to achieve the end platform.)

Cons

Like most Wordpress plugins, when you get into trouble with a problem, there is 'some' support available but not reliable. Ultimately it is a cost / benefit trade-off. We use WC because for the price it is a reasonable solution.

Reasons for Choosing WooCommerce

Found Shopify to be too expensive in comparison. JoomlaLMS didn't match our style of courses.

heather from Renaissance English History Podcast

It's fine for being free, but if you are serious about selling multiple products, it's not worth it

It was easy to set up a product catalog on my site to sell products, and once you integrated with a payment provider you could capture payment information easily and securely. But I don't use it any longer because I switched to Shopify, and am way more happy with that.

Pros

It's free. It's pretty easy to set up, and it does the job you need it to do - create a product catalog, and sell stuff (once you integrate a payment provider like PayPal or Stripe).

Cons

What really bothers me about WooCommerce is that everything is its own separate plugin. So if you want to get reports, you need to install a different plugin. This opens you up to having so many plugins that may not play nicely when your site updates. This happened to me when my site updated to a new version of WordPress, but the order export plugin wasn't compatible, and my entire site crashed! I wound up getting a Shopify account shop set up - you can get a Buy Button for only $9/month, and that's way more easy to use than Woo.

Build Whatever You Want - Sell Whatever You Want

I've been using this to sell simple items, custom build items, and tickets to events.

Pros

This thing is so customizable its hard not to love it. You can sell anything from nuts & bolts to guitar lessons. You can add in whatever custom fields you need. You can expand the ease of use with the multitude of compatible plugins to solve shipping, invoicing, etc.

Cons

I'm a fairly DIY person, so I didn't mind hunting for solutions to my problems. However, I can see if folks are not inclined to be DIY about this they might be annoyed with the lack of documentation WITHIN Wordpress. However, there's tons of documentation available online as well as third-party plugins and support.

Highly Customizable E-Commerce Platform

We have migrated some clients to WooCommerce from other platforms, such as Magento. The ability to rapidly customize and deploy new store iterations was night and day vs older legacy platforms like Magento.

Pros

WooCommerce is easy to setup, and has a great out-of-the-box feature-set. What sets WooCommerce apart from its competition is the ability to customize nearly every aspect of the software via custom PHP functions, free & paid plugins, etc.

Cons

WooCommerce is lacking some intrinsic functionality vs Shopify and some of the other premium eCommerce platforms.

Reasons for Choosing WooCommerce

WooCommerce is simple to use, highly customizable, and free! :)

Christos from JNBC

The best platform for building online stores

Woocommerce is by far the best platform for medium sized online stores.

Pros

Woocommerce has allowed us to build professional online stores for our clients with minimum costs. Due to its huge community, for almost all of the features you might need, you can simply use the right plug in. Minimum coding is required.

Cons

Depending on how you have built your online stores, after a woocommerce version upgrade, a lot of things can break. You need to be very careful before upgrading to a new version.

Reasons for Choosing WooCommerce

Woocommerce is better suited to medium sized online stores as it's easier and cheaper to build.

Why is there always something to buy!

It's a very good software to create a basic store however you need to plan to invest money if you want to do anything special with the software because extensions are costly.

Pros

I like the possibility of what you can do with Woocommerce. There a lot of extensions that allow you to set up a web site in nearly endless possibilities. You can customize the software to fit your needs.

Cons

The extensions store prices are very high and must be paid yearly. The free Woocommerce can set up a very basic store however the cost to do anything beyond a basic store can become very costly and there is always another add-on they want you to download.

Reasons for Choosing WooCommerce

Because it works with WordPress and Divi Builder. Divi Builder has not Woocommerce modules.

Cameron from Greenhouse 22

Industry: Farming

Low cost solution for e-commerce on Wordpress

After creating a Wordpress e-commerce site with WooCommerce, I was pleased with the capabilities of the platform to sell products on my site without all the extra costs that competitors charge. It allowed me to customize my site the way I wanted while providing a low-cost e-commerce solution to my client.

Pros

- Customizability - Large availability of integrations + add-ons - Multiple payment integrations - Wordpress compatible

Cons

- Not as easy to set up as a Wordpress site - Email customization options are limited but can be bypassed with 3rd party - Mobile app for managing store orders has not worked for me

Reasons for Choosing WooCommerce

As someone who loves Wordpress, WooCommerce allows me to have control of my site, provides more free options (integrations/plugins/apps), and does not make me have to pay monthly fees to run the e-commerce site.

Richard from e-channel

The easiest way yo build your e-commerce

Pros

Woocommerce is a plugin developed for wordpress, which allows you to build an e-commerce easily and intuitively. You can manage products, stock, orders and integrate it to your page without much work. And last (but not least) you can plug your boton pay.

Cons

There is no owning hosting, if you want more add-ons, you have to buy it, they are sold serapately (if you need severals, you have to buy a few of them), there is a general service center (no an specific one)

Reasons for Choosing WooCommerce

I have worked before with it and I learned (and love it) the final product

Abid from Bank Alfalah Limited

Excellent E-commerce Plugin For WordPress

There are lots of reasons that I love WooCommerce. I really like the interface of WooCommerce, because it is very easy to understand and use. The product title, product long description and product short description, these are the fields where we can describe our products. So I always tell each and everything about my products to my website users. So after reading these details they buy the products. I have also used WooCommerce for my clients. My experience with this WordPress Plugin is outstanding. Because now I can design a good looking and professional e-commerce website.

Pros

WooCommerce is an incredible WordPress plugin which allow the users of WordPress to create a professional and stunning shopping website. Adding products and defining different categories to the products now is every easy with WooCommerce. You can publish simple product, variable product and even affiliate product. If you have affiliate marketing experience, then you should use this Plugin, because you can add your affiliate link products easily in your website. You can find different payments methods in this Plugin settings like if you have an account in any bank, you can tell your bank swift details to the customers. You can add your PayPal account, or even you can enable Cash on Delivery option for your customers.

Cons

According to my experience, display option of the different products should be simple and easy for the new users. Like in some free themes the users add this concept using code. So I think so, there should be an option in the settings of the plugin, where a user can easily display the products with different search options in the webpage.

WooCommerce is robust but can be a bit daunting to setup or use for complex situations

I like WooCommerce because I use it a lot and it works well with my own Web Development I do but sometimes it's just quicker and easier to tell a client to use something else in some cases.

Pros

WooCommerce does a great job at a variety of different things right out of the free (mostly) box. Want to open a shop for your comic book collection? Done. Want to sell tickets to an event? Done. Want to just keep a log of event attendees and "sell" a free ticket? Done. Just about anything you could need to do is fairly simple with WooCommerce once it is setup.

Cons

Setup and configuration can sometimes be a bit daunting especially for those that are not well off on knowledge of WordPress. If you want to do certain more complex things with WooCommerce you can sometimes run into issues either being able to do them at all, being able to do them exactly the way you want, or finding a plugin that operates the way you need. Then, even when you do find a plugin, you have to then keep yet another plugin up to date as well as possibly pay for said plugin too. It can add up quick if you start to get a little more advanced with WooCommerce.

Best eCommerce for WordPress hands-down, but prepare to pay for most customizations

Pros

When it comes to choosing the right eCommerce platform for WordPress, it's the most rock-solid, safest choice for any long term use based on my experience from over a dozen store launches. - The plugin is frequently updated, compatible and tightly integrated with WordPress (as WooCommerce was purchased by WordPress' parent company in 2015) - The core WooCommerce plugin is freely available to install, which would work for many small, generic storefronts. - Offers the largest selection of third-party plugins/extensions available for WordPress ecommerce. - Wide out-of-the-box support with popular third-party WordPress themes. - Relatively easy and fast to set up, with good documentation; offers a few free starter themes via the WooCommerce store. - If you're willing to pay, WooCommerce can do just about anything and integrates with almost anything. - The WooCommerce core plugin is built mostly barebones (using extensions to add functionality), which brings better speed and less bugs. - Good customer service support and detailed documentation for their paid WooCommerce add-on extensions. - Offers very powerful Zapier support (requires a paid add-on). I've never had any point where I've considered using another online store platform with WordPress, or even one of the many non-WordPress hosted ecommerce website subscription solutions.

Cons

- WooCommerce extensions are surprisingly expensive and also subscription-based, requiring an annual fee. Inexpensive third-party alternatives exist, but there is risk involved. - Building an extended "platform" such as a membership site / offering subscriptions (for example) can require multiple paid WooCommerce add-ons that rack up hundreds of dollars in annual fees. - WooCommerce mobile app tools do exist, but do not offer much functionality beyond sales reports. - Highly customized WordPress stores using a lot of plugins are at an increased risk to see major conflicts and performance degradation, and troubleshooting can be difficult.

Mike from James Publishing

Powerful E-commerce Interface

We've enjoyed WooCommerce during the last few years and have found it to be a solid e-commerce solution for our business. The system continues to improve and grow and we would recommend it to any companies looking for a powerful, customizable platform from which to launch their online sales and manage their customer base.

Pros

WooCommerce forms the backbone of our e-commerce website and we've been using it for around five years at this point. It handles a high quantity of orders with ease and its customization options are so far-reaching that if you can dream of a plugin for the system, it probably already exists or is under development somewhere (this may have something to do with its integration into Wordpress). Recently, we've been utilizing the Subscriptions feature to more accurately manage our customers' accounts, and this feature is particularly useful for recurring transactions. Coupons are easy to create and keep track of and WooCommerce can also be linked to external systems for more accurate monetary calculations and other relevant business features.

Cons

Reporting within the system does leave something to be desired. We've found that the reporting dashboard is fairly limited, particularly for more advanced metrics that can be found in systems like Quickbooks. However, as noted above, the system can be linked to other systems using plugins and various connectors, so it's possible to extract that detailed sales data if need be. On occasion the sheer amount of customization options can be overwhelming, as well, though this is a better problem to have than a system with too few options. The various plugins just need to be managed in a coherent fashion to ensure site stability.

Andy from Montgomery Group

Woocommerce Encourages Buyers to Buy

Works well with complete theme creative programs like Beaver Builder and DIVI themes. It also integrates well with Advanced Custom Fields which opens a large door to product customisation. Above all, a fantastic application for setting up an ecommerce shop without knowing too much about code or tricky customisations. It's a true plug n play application which works well with Wordpress.

Pros

This software is easy to setup and start adding products. Assigning a redirect from any 'add to basket' product link directs buyers directly to the checkout page. Woocommerce can easily be customised with simple choice buttons or additional CSS. Allows you to connect easily with payment providers. Works well with most popular SEO plugins. You can easily create reports and integrate Woocommerce with Marketing CRM's such as Mailchimp.

Cons

Shipping is a bit tedious - I only sell to EU countries, so it would be nice if Woocommerce grouped countries together. Live orders arrive in the orders menu but it would be nice to see what the product was without having to click on the eye icon. Email notifications to customers are very basic. It would be better having a more advanced customiser which could incorporate a more customer friendly layout or upsell process.

Reasons for Choosing WooCommerce

The massive support for Woocommerce from users and developers almost guarantees you will find a solution for any questions or problems you will have.

Art from FPWD

E-commerce platform, where your imagination is the limit.

I've seen million-dollar businesses with company build on WC, but is also great for small $100/month businesses.

Pros

WooComerce is open. The sky is the limit, endless possibilities, million of plugins waiting on the repository.

Cons

Sometimes those plugins don't work with other plugins. There's no hard styleguide from WC, so plugins might be hard to use.

Umair from Butt IT Solutions

Easy and Professional E-commerce Plugin

I have used Woocommerce in my client's projects. Whenever I get any customer related to the online store, then I prefer to use Woocommerce using the Wordpress content management system. The themes I have used in these websites are really good looking and professional. There are lots of free and paid themes we can find on different websites. So my overall experience with this amazing plugin is incredible.

Pros

Using Woocommerce you can create simple, grouped, affiliate and variable products. If you are going to add a product with different specifications, then the variable product option is awesome. If you are going to start your own affiliate website, then you can try the affiliate product option. Woocommerce gives full features like you can see the order details in the WordPress dashboard, customer details, and everything. According to my e-commerce experience, woo-commerce is the easiest and professional plugin to design an E-commerce website.

Cons

Sometimes when we want to show the products in specific pages of our website with specific and unique options, then Woocommerce gives few code options, that we can use for this purpose. According to my point of view, the solution should be in the front-end of the dashboard instead of the back-end of the website like in the editor of WordPress. All other things of Woocommerce are awesome and easy.

Roshen from Roshen Game Store

Industry: Computer Games

One of the best ecommerce platforms

Overall I think WooCommerce is great company with almost everything free on their e-commerce platform and I would recommend it to anyone looking to start a new online business.

Pros

This software was very easy to use and completely free. The design of the site was also very clean and modern which fit in with my logo. Also the software isn't really hard to learn. After one YouTube video I was all set and adding products to my store.

Cons

There aren't any cons I think of WooCommerce but there are some on WordPress which is what WooCommerce is installed on. Installing a WordPress server is very complicated and frustrating and I didn't understand any of the "techy" stuff. So I purchased WordPress hosting from a company named Easy WP for about $4/month and they installed the server and did everything for me so all I had to do was create my website and products. For non "techy" people like me I recommend purchasing something like this since it will be easier to get started.

Ozan from Mobilex

A good starting point to e-commerce

I've used WooCommerce for basic e-commerce websites and it make a good job for it. Managing products, orders and shipments is relatively easy. It is a really good and free option to test your e-commerce idea.

Pros

Woocommerce is easy yo user for Wordpress users. If you are a Wordpress user, you can easily implement Woocommerce and start your e-commerce business. It comes with a couple of basic templates and allows to add products and open your website very fast. Woocommerce runs robust and stable as a core WordPress plugin. Automatic updates keep the plugin at the latest version. It is very good for security issues. Default plugins are very basic but there are lots of great plugins for woocommerce. You can find a theme and plugin nearly for all of your customization needs.

Cons

Default themes and functions are very basic for an e-commerce operation. This means you have to add more themes and plugins. While there are lots of great themes on the market, useful ones should be very expensive. There should be inexpensive alternatives but there should be a risk involved them when it comes to security. It is possible to face performance and slowness issues if you installed lots of plugins to fulfill your needs.

Ernesto Enrique from Grupo Tera

The best, fastest and easiest way to get an online shop

With woocommerce I was able to have my own store and be able to offer products online, that certainly solved many things in my business because now I can offer them around the world

Pros

Woocommerce is for me, the best plugin that can exist. It allowed me to have my online store without much effort in an easy and fast way. What I like most is the amount of options available for the items you want to add, you can have items with different prices, presentations, sizes, etc. Another of the things I like most is the variety of payment methods that you can configure to offer your visitors and potential customers, from a credit card to online payment platforms. In one tool, you get everything you need to have a professional online store to offer your products in the world.

Cons

In general, woocommerce has everything you need and it is quite simple to configure and implement, however, there is only one thing that I would like to improve, the customization options in the store design can become so complicated that If you do not have knowledge of web development you can not have the design you want and you must comply with the one that comes by default or according to the template you choose.

Reasons for Choosing WooCommerce

I chose WooCommerce because it is the best known, the one with the best options and the easiest to configure on my website.

Ricky from Freelance

Great Value For Those Just Starting Out

Overall my experience with woocommerce has been a good one. I have used it in the past on wordpress sites that I have setup and was completely with satisfied with its wide variety of custom themes, plugins, and support documents. When budget is a issue this my go to solution for for keeping monthly prices down while at the same time producing high quality stores that can compete in the marketplace against paid packages.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that its completely free unlike other similar solutions on the market. By providing a free solution for creating your e commerce site Woocommerce allows the site owner or developer to allocate their funds to more essential matters like marketing and promoting your site to draw in and gain a wider audience. Similar services on the market require monthly fees just to keep your online shop up and running which over time can prove detrimental to shop owners who are just starting out and may not have generated enough customers to keep the site afloat on its own. This is where woocommerce proves advantages over its competitors.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that by it not being a all in one solution, unforeseeable expenses may arise. For instance, other similar software packages include domain and website hosting already built in which eliminates the needs for searching and find the right hosting service that will offer the right amount of bandwidth and storage needs for your new shop.This simply isn't the case with Woocomerce where you are responsible for doing that critical research on your own.

Tyler from Embotics Corporation

Great eCommerce Solution For Wordpress, not always easy to implement

We use WooCommerce in a multilingual environment selling both memberships and event tickets. Configuration with these somewhat niche environments can be a challenge, particularly for a volunteer run organization.

Pros

This is an easy eCommmerce solution for Wordpress. It makes it quick an easy to add items, and control orders, as long as you don't have too many items.

Cons

The performance of the product is questionable. We are using it with WooCommerce WPML and there are some real performance concerns. With WPML and the Add-Ons plugin to extend the form capabilities reporting is also a challenge.

Reasons for Choosing WooCommerce

Cheaper price point for a non-profit, and better support for creating a ticket for events.

Anant from BitRotor

WooCommerce - Simply the best eCommerce solution for Wordpress

On implementation of WooCommerce for my business, I got my first sale in 1 day. The website became professional looking and instilled full confidence in my buyers. Its the perfect solution!

Pros

- WooCommerce is a free solution to set up an online store. This is the biggest advantage of this platform. - Just a one click install on WordPress provides you a full storefront instantly with all options integrated. - There are basically choices to integrate any and all payment gateways. Some aren't free, But the most commonly used PayPal and Stripe which I use as well, are free. - Has themes like Astra which make the site beautiful, responsive and mobile friendly. - Has thousand of free and paid extensions to use with the store to enhance functionality. - It is simply unparalleled in functionality and with access to root coding as well, you can't question it. - Hooks and shortcodes make its use perfect for developers.

Cons

- Some plugins range from $79 to $99 a year which is exorbitant for small businesses and start ups. - Some functions that can be included upfront have to be added via code snippets or plugins. - AJAX implementation isn't selected by default. - Doesn't work with some themes. - Templates included by default are poorly designed.

Versatility and popularity.

Jesper Lykke from Festbamsen.dk Slush Ice Udlejning

I love this ecommerce plugin

I love WooCommerce and use it on most of my sites (unless the site is hardcoded)

Pros

Lots of posibilities, easy to use, endless addons, highly customizable, free, open source, a lot of programmers, endless design posibilities

Cons

A lot of bloat in plugins, easy to be hacked if you're not cautious

Pricing, ease of use

Pedro from Creative27 LLC

Virtual stores with high performance in a short time.

WooCommerce has allowed me to create virtual stores in a short time, their plugins facilitate and save a lot of time since they can integrate vital features for a virtual store, such as shopping carts, payment methods, search engine, etc. I can also integrate it with custom templates, so it allows versatility and originality, it also helps to make SEO in a more simplified way, this tool has been improving over time, it is not what it was a year ago, it has been in constant evolution, I am quite satisfied with its implementation.

Pros

What I like most about WooCommerce is that it makes the creation of sales websites much simpler and more dynamic, it has support for a large number of templates, plugins that add very useful functions, such as coupon systems, integration of methods of payment, mail confirmation, what I like most is that it allows to register a massive amount of products to the website without losing performance, it is optimized for SEO which facilitates having a greater reach on the internet.

Cons

It is a tool that facilitates a lot when it comes to creating virtual stores, a detail to take into consideration is that its line of learning is quite steep, so it is not ideal to be used by people who do not have enough knowledge, it is a intermediate-advanced tool usually takes quite a while to set everything up, although this is worth using.

Yaroslav from The American College of Greece

The best e-commerce solution with the monopoly in the field (which is being well used)

Pros

*UI The looks of the Woo are getting better after each new release (happens very often) and their team is doing a lot to bring the best to the customers. *Out of the box features When you install Woo and and have in mind to create a simple shop fast - Woo can help you do just that in a matter of minutes. All you need is to follow simple guidance and in few hours you can start selling.

Cons

*Pricing Even though woo commerce itself is free - any kind of additional plugins are just unreasonable expensive. Even the simple mail integration or bulk pricing is going to cost you. *A lot of old features Many things in Woo are outdated. The fact that there are not many competing solutions should not stop the Woo team and I believe that they will dedicate their work into simplifying the experience and make the whole e-commerce work smarter for a new customer.

Fabian from Fdbgroup

My WooCommerce Review

amazing. Designed a good looking site with some plugins and maintenance is next to none.

Pros

This is the easiest platform to build an eCommerce store with. It integrates with almost any third-party software you may require and it gives you the functionality of WordPress.

Cons

the initial set-up takes a bit of time with all the integrations but once set-up this platform is a dream to work with.

Reasons for Choosing WooCommerce

Shopify looked easy but the pricing was a bit steep for a new venture.

Eric from EHC Media, Inc

WooCommerce is a great shopping cart solution for WordPress Users

Open source software offers the benefit of lower cost than most commercial software and a majority of websites are developed using WordPress, which is one of the most widely used open source content management systems. WooCommerce is consistently rated among the top shopping cart solutions for WordPress. As a professional web developer it is my "Go To" e-commerce solution for my customers who are using WordPress. You can have a great looking site done in a day.

Pros

Ease of installation, Huge number of add-on modules. Numerous payment gateways. Easy to integrate shipping. Ability to generate product feeds for Google Adwords, Amazon, and Bing shopping.

Cons

Many of the premium modules require annual subscriptions so you do need to be aware of the cost when comparing open source software to an off the shelf shopping cart solution. (a good developer will be able to help you determine what your costs will be before you get started).

Varun from www.amkette.com

A worthy consideration for on the cheap self managed E-Comm

Has been quite positive. Just because of the Wordpress platform being susceptible to poor plugins, overall need to be careful. Also upgrading Wordpress and WooComm can be a tricky issue if you've made customizations and installed plugins.

Pros

Based on Wordpress, Woo Commerce is also Free Again because of the Wordpress platform, Woo-commerce is quite extendable Extendable It Works as expected and is a decent option for E-Commerce. Easy to use, if you are okay Self Managing this is a good option.

Cons

Poor Reporting (all paid) Plugins/Extendability is all dependent on the quality of the plugins. A lot of poorly written plugins floating around.

Price, Customisability, Comfort, and Ease of Use

Mitch from Bay Town Creative

Fantastic, but do the math first

I love WooCommerce and often recommend it, but that recommendation always comes with caveats about the unseen costs and troubles. It may seem like the best solution but it might not always be the best solution. It also integrates easily with Printful, which is always a plus for me.

Pros

WooComerce is my favorite WP shop so far. The basic plug in offers almost everything most shops needs to get up and running and it offers enough free upgrades to make your shop feel pretty complete.

Cons

The biggest con for WooCommerce is that getting anything above the basics can be costly and means you need to be ready to have a fairly hefty overhead if you want to build out anything past the basics as most advanced packages have recurring costs in the hundreds of dollars annually. The other draw back (for any wp, self hosted shop) is that you have to make sure you have your wp secure, maintained and compliant if you are going to be running a shop of any size. Payment Gateways help but since the cart is hosted on your site you should be sure to set yourself up properly, which can again lead to some unexpected costs and headaches you may have been hoping to avoid by hosting your own wp-shop.

Tashfia from ManagX

eCommerce site made easy

WooCommerce is one of the world's most popular plugins for a reason. It provides the options to completely set up any sort of transaction in your site for free. While it can be a bit overwhelming for users who are just starting out, there a lot of helpful resources. Pretty much a tonne of tutorials are available of the popular WooCommerce plugin along with great community resources.

Pros

The range of options and flexibility in WooCommerce is absolutely astounding. No matter what kind of subscription, membership, single/group product price tag you want in your site- WooCommerce has it. No matter what kind of transaction a site needs, a WooCommerce integration is all it takes to easily add price tags and shopping cart to your site. It handles most of the hassle of the transaction for you.

Cons

The UX within the plugin can definitely be improved for users who are not that tech-savvy. If the plugin navigation was made easy, WooCommerce will stay unbeatable.

Adam from Marketing and Advertising

The most customizable shopping cart plugin for Wordpress

Overall it's a wonderful, free plugin that many Wordpress themes have built-in support for. Just about any kind of customization options are available with Woocommerce, from automatic review requests mailers, affiliate programs, SEO optimization, support for Facebook and Google re-targeting campaigns.

Pros

You can build a functional eCommerce site using Woocommerce + Wordpress for free. The 3rd party support community is huge. Need an obscure payment country specific payment processor plugin? It's probably available for Woocommerce.

Cons

Setting up everything like connecting custom payment processors, warehouse stock, sku numbers and advanced features is not as easy as something like Shopify. Might not be the best choice for someone looking for a simple eCommerce solution.

Carlos from Kite Clasificados

WooCommerce is the best free option

Pros

Free software and I think that the most used one becuase of that. Moreover, it runs on Wordpress, another free platform that is very used and popular. A few friends and started an online marketplace where people could register for free and sell items, similar to ebay. I think that this is the best option if you want to start cheap. But what I really like about WooCommerce is that there are multiple compatible software to create a multi-user store (marketplace) on it.

Cons

They should create like a more interactive and user-friendly visual design. Other similar products such as Shopify use an organized order for options and features. We are talking about running an online store, so it is important to being able to easily access to and remember where are the specific options and features to change / use.

Tim from Start With Why - Simon Sinek

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Any feature you could need for e-commerce, for a nickle and a dime

WooCommerce enables our team to run a hybrid digital and physical goods store. By adding additional plugins, we've been able to make a very powerful e-commerce experience.

Pros

Since WooCommerce is built on Wordpress, it is incredibly customizable. I hand-coded the cart and product pages for our website. It has an extensive library of plugins to extend functionality. There's a great user community around WooCommerce since its so widely used.

Cons

While free, a lot of advanced features require purchasing an additional plugin. It can feel like its designed in a way to garner upgrades here and there (Nickle-ing and dime-ing the power users). It is hard to get direct support, so you'll depend on the community and Stack Overflow for questions.

Kate from Vogue Media

Great Option for Integrating with WordPress and WishList Member

This is the leader in online shopping carts and has been around long before the current plugins. I enjoy working with the WooCommerce dashboard because it's very native to WordPress and if you know how to use WordPress, you inevitably will be able to easily navigate WooCommerce.

Pros

I like that you can have full integration with most WordPress themes so that it looks seamless inside your shopping cart area.

Cons

I think some features are not as intuitive and require additional plugins to work. It's not ideal for a client that is not super techie, and does require a web developer to integrate some functionalities, but the tradeoff is that once it's up and running you have a professional, seamless online storefront.

Teya from National Academy of Art Sofia

Absolutely amazing tool - recommended

I used Woocommerce when I started my e-store because it was free. Not that I can afford to buy software I realize that I don't want to because I already have all that I need. It is amazing and I love it!

Pros

I love Woocommerce! My favorite thing about it is that it works smoothly and without problems out of the box. It is updated regularly and you can add as many plugins and extensions as you need. For example it was easy to make my shop only for downloadable items.

Cons

I hope to see in future is more detailed analytics of the purchases and a faster way to see details about the customers. Also the chekout form - please let us customize this already! We have been waiting for years!

Ecommerce for Wordpress

Good, new owners have had it for a bit, will see how they work out.

Pros

This is about the only reliable options for e-commerce for wordpress. Overall it does a pretty good job. It's taking software not designed for e-commerce and making it work for e-commerce. It's helpful it was bought by the same company that owns Wordpress so hopefully moving forward there will be a lot tighter integrations.

Cons

It's not the best for rentals, they have plugins and it used to be you could buy once and it would just work, now it's subscription based for almost all of the features you'll use. So costs can balloon quickly but still cheaper than a custom solution.

Good tool for ecommerce back end

Pros

Very easy to use, can be set up and used in a very short time. It supports a wide range of plug ins and have many features, some free and some other free, for sure. Very clear and complete dashboard, where it is very easy to find whatever you are looking for. My favorite feature of woocommerce is that it is very customizable. Payment and shipping side side, it support different gateways (credit cards, paypal, cash on delivery for example) and and different shipping fees/methods. It also allows to you set different final prices according to the market, and same for taxes.

Cons

Main points to consider are these two: Unlikely other ecommerce platforms that are on the market nowadays that you can easily use without having any knowledge on the field, woocommerce is easy to use but a good dose of common sense and minimum knowledge is needed to use it Support is basically nonexistent so you should find information through forums and comments from other users.

shyam from freelancer

Industry: Semiconductors

Perfect tool to sell products with combination of wordpress

Amazing. Its a powerful tool and does the task as expected.

Pros

Its integration with Wordpress makes it amazing. Wordpress has stunning website designs. Integrating Woocommerce with Wordpress makes it a strong blogging and commerce tool. It has got lot of features and payment gateway interactions to choose from.

Cons

I personally didn't find much cons on this software as I switched over from high fee and pricey tools to woocommerce and I don't regret my decision.

Reasons for Choosing WooCommerce

Price factor, features and its integration with Wordpress. Its good for medium and high end businesses when the team has good coders.

Snezana from NVO ORGANIC GARDEN

Industry: Farming

WooCommerce good selling program

I've started using WooCommerce 2017 when I made the first web shop. The developer has defined the look and functionality, and I'm alone brought in hundreds of products. I had a problem with the library contents at the beginning of each year and we changed the server file permissions. My web shop works without problems, poružbine, confirmation, payment, I am very satisfied. I plan another web shop with education and blog, I will certainly give you back the confidence of WooCommerce.

Pros

I use WooCommerce with WordPress and I'm very satisfied. The program is easy to use and can be easily and quickly bring products.

Cons

Maybe we need more graphics options when making product pages. I solve this by inserting blocks.

Jason

If you are using Wordpress as your CMS, this is the E-Commerce solution for you.

Pros

WooCommerce is pretty much the defacto standard for E-Commerce if you are using Wordpress for your CMS (Content Management System). WooCommerce is owned by Automattic which is the parent company of Wordpress so there is no danger of your E-Commerce provider ever shutting down.The code for the plugin will always be improved and patched for security exploits. There are Thousands of add on plugins for WooCommerce, if you need a certain functionality for your shopping cart or online catalog there is almost certainly a plugin to provide that functionality. In the rare case you couldn't find the perfect plugin there is an abundance of very proficient woo commerce programmers that custom code your solution.

Cons

I'd love to see more value in the core WooCommerce product. ie more free/complimentary features and better prices on bundles of popular/most useful add-ons. It seems like every time I want to add a feature to WooCommerce it requires another subscription or add-on payment which can easily add up to hundreds/thousands of dollars a year which cuts into profit margins.

Rebecca from NITYA Software Solutions Inc

Software that allows you to implement payment functions on our website

Implementing this software has been really gratifying since thanks to it we can have a website where it is possible to publish and sell products using various payment methods available worldwide, which facilitates electronic commerce.

Pros

I like this software because it has quite interesting features that facilitate the expansion of the functions of our website, as is the case that it is able to integrate with a wide variety of applications that process payments worldwide, it has an open code , provides templates with different functions and also offers the opportunity to use their own templates, also has pre-installed features that allow user votes and shopping carts, but the best thing is that it contains several plugins available to add extra functions.

Cons

It is not a software that is very easy to use because its learning curve is quite steep, so to adapt it takes time and more when it comes to carrying out its configuration.

Waseem from Freelance

The best eCommerce software in the world!

I've been using WooCommerce for many years and it's always my go-to software for any project eCommerce related.

Pros

- It's FREE - Insanely powerful - can be used for a little shop or a massive store with 100's of products - Integrates with almost any software you can think off - Highly customizable - The WooCommerce community is huge and help is just a quick Google search away

Cons

- It's difficult to give a con for WooCommerce but if I had to I would say that for an absolute beginner, it can be a bit difficult to use and to get used to but that difficulty disappears quickly after using it for a little while.

Betterment

It was excellent working with this software.

Pros

What I like most of this software is that it has some functions that are essential to any of the e-commerece website like payment gateway, products, shipping, tracking etc. I have been using this website for 2 years for building my own wordpress website.

Cons

The least I liked about this software is that the prices for buying some functions such as tracking the exam score of a person, number of logins per user are much more than the normal prices.

Reasons for Choosing WooCommerce

Because it is fast and has many features that are needed for a website.

Dominique from Happy Transcripts

Industry: Translation and Localization

WooCommerce is great for many businesses, but not freelancers.

I really wanted WooCommerce to work for my business because it had a lot of features that Easy Digital Downloads doesn't -- but WooCommerce is not good for freelancers and those who sell services online. I was upset when I switched because even though EDD works better for my transcription services, I felt like I was missing out. WooCommerce is technically free, but you'll definitely need extensions to run your store -- and they add up quickly and can be costly. Overall, I'd say for retail and physical products, WooCommerce seems like an excellent option that I would absolutely recommend. BUT for freelancers, take the loss and stick with Easy Digital Downloads -- unless WooCommerce adds freelancing features!

Pros

- It has more features and customization than EDD in many ways. - Great way to make money with your online business and ecommerce. - WooCommerce is well-known and therefore more trusted than other plugins from my experience. - Several payment methods for customers including PayPal - Many extensions - You can create discounts and coupons for your customers, which is great.

Cons

- WooCommerce isn't good for freelancers. This was the dealbreaker for me and the reason I switched to Easy Digital Downloads, which has less features than WooCommerce. - WooCommerce is super difficult to figure out for newbies. You really need to be proficient in WordPress and website building to navigate it with ease. It's a bit overwhelming and intimidating at first, but so is WordPress in general! - Like most of the WordPress plugins which claim to be free, if you want full functionality and features, expect to spend money. Extensions are basically necessary to run your business and definitely add up quickly and can end up costly to run your store the way you want to. -

David from Abacus Web Services

Well featured ecommerce platform for WordPress.

Overall it has been a very positive experience and we will continue to recommend and use because of its great flexibility.

Pros

We have set up WooCommerce across multiple websites for our clients. The core program is free, which is a good price, and then you can add a very wide range of additional plugins that can either be free or reasonably low cost. On top of plugins, you can totally customize the code which makes it a very flexible solution. It is, I believe the most popular solution for WordPress, and that in itself makes it good choice for our clients as we want to deliver future proof solutions that are well supported.

Cons

We have seen issues with other plugins that cause WooCommerce to break. This is not necessarily the fault of WooCommerce but it does mean we do have to treat with care. While the core system is free the cost of plugins can add and can lead to unwanted costs for our clients.

Hands down the easiest shopping plugin around.

Pros

I left Weebly because the Ecommerce options were getting out of control price-wise. I needed something simple, affordable, and easy to maintain. WooCommerce hit all those buttons. I was able to get my author store up and running fairly quickly, the options are easy to understand. It's built from the ground up to be effective for all users and easy to hop right into as a newbie. There are tons of add-ons for it, anything you need, you can likely find already custom made.

Cons

For most customizations, you're looking at an extra cost. It's not easy to do the simplest things, like change the colors of the cart and checkout pages to match your site colors, or to edit those pages to add your own buttons or remove some of their default text, for example. The search functions aren't intuitive, you have to create custom filters per category or it shows all categories no matter what category you pick to show. These things were very frustrating for me as a new user, and almost made me walk away before I took a break and came back with a fresh state of mind to tackle it. While the bulk of WooCommerce is easy to set up and operate, some simple things like these seem so much harder than they should be.

Kevin

The Best Way To Get Paid On Your Wordpress e-commerce store

Pros

So many plugins that makes the end-user and administrator happy. You can get complete analytics for sales, abandoned carts, and integrate custom email campaigns with Woocommerce. Set up is easy with a low learning curve as when you first install the plugin it immediately shoots you into a quick start setup. There are tons of tutorials online that make Woocommerce more efficient as well as resolving issues a snap.

Cons

Depending on your hosting resource limits adding Woocommerce can slow down the performance of your website.

Peter

Great Shopping Software

Pros

WooCommerce is an excellent and full featured "free" mature online store plugin for Wordpress. While, out of the box, there are many features that are lacking, it is fairly easy to find whatever add ons you feel are necessary for your store. While the plugin is free, for a custom store experience, you will need to purchase some, or a bunch of, additional plugins. I consider this a positive as you can customize your store and shopping experience to your heart's desire.

Cons

WooCommerce, now owned by the same company as Wordpress, seems more interested in creating paid extensions than beefing up their main program. Their free theme "Storefront" is adequate, but for the best custom experience of website and store, I would recommend BeaverBuilder and Beaver Themer. Between the two they will allow you to fully customize your Wordpress site and store.

Houssem Eddine from Siamois QCM

WooCommerce for E-commerce

WC can be a great tool for small to medium stores as it's maybe the best available free and easy to setup solution.

Pros

WooCommerce is a product made and maintained by the developers of Wordpress, it has a huge popularity among users and developers. That's why it n° 1 open source eCommerce platform! What I like about it: 1. Open-source & GPL-2 2. Well maintained by its developers 3. Documentation and tutorials available 4. The number of available free and paid extensions and themes available on the market 5. The features available within Woocommerce itself and being a part of wordpress is a plus, we can have a blog, a marketplace and many things under one dashboard. 6. The community

Cons

The backend of WC is not the best because of the way wordpress is structured! If you have too many products and you use many plugins things will get quickly messy and managing the store won't be a delightful experience.

The Only System I Could Piece Together at a Good Price For My Unique Business

Over all this was the right solution for my company for the cost.

Pros

Woocommerce allowed me to use woo subscriptions for our online retail site, which is one of the only fixed cost subscription programs. Other subscription programs wanted to charge me a percentage of every sale which I thought was crazy! I would rather pay a one time or yearly software fee.

Cons

Woo Commerce can be very glitchy with other programs on Wordpress. I've had issues with my templates and changes are not always easy. The worst is when a update happens and then you have to go and find out all the issues that were caused and have to go back and figure out how to fix them.