Browse Zen Cart Reviews

Dave from AXIOL Heavy Industries

Best shopping cart software around

Great software. I use it on several sites. There is pretty much a plugin for anything you want to do. Highly reccomended.

Pros

Easy to use . Many plugin features. Pretty much anything you want to do , there is a plugin.

Cons

Somewhat hard to figure some things out at times.

Michael from Imagine Road Productions LLC

Excellent ECommerce Solution

It has been an excellent ecommerce solution for our campground and I am very happy.

Pros

I have used this software for over 5 years with a client and it has served us well. Each year, I load in the new events for the summer camping season and add links to the separate website. It is quick, provides a quick and easy way for our customers to pre-register. I am so glad I decided to go with this 3rd party software than trying to set up my own system.

Cons

I have not found any cons. I have had to troubleshoot customer orders or different features but there is a rich and diverse support system from other having similar issues.

Reasons for Switching to Zen Cart

I used Event Zilla for a few months before I had Zen Cart up and ready to go. Event Zilla (was fee based) and it wasn't appropriate as a long-term solution. Zen Cart does utilize our PayPal account and so we do have to pay a fee for credit card transactions.

December 2021

December 2021

Free and Highly Customizable, but Needs Advanced Setup

Pros

The software is completely free, and also not too difficult to install. It is also completely open source, so the customization options are endless. The developers do update it regularly. It includes everything necessary to start your online store/ecommerce business. There are many modules you can add to it, to apply any feature your business might need. Once set up, it is easy to use by anyone

Cons

Broken code requires time intensive debug, and once in a while things may not work perfectly together. Some of the features that can be added with modules could just be part of the default experience, in my opinion. Setup requires some technical skill, but again, it is free.

Great cart, but not very beginner friendly.

Pros

The cart is open source, so it is perfect for those on a budget. Once you get it set up, adding categories and products are fairly easy, just a bit time consuming.

Cons

I run my own social network, and I couldn't set up ZenCart myself. I had to pay a friend to do it. There's just so much work involved with settings and criteria that needs to be done that it was overwhelming for a first timer. A clearer, more concise back end would be a wonderful thing.

Melanie from Impressandpromotions

Great Open Source Shopping Cart!

Pros

Once you have it downloaded & set up. Functionality is fantastic. You can see behind the scenes. If a potential customer calls and wants to know if their order went through online (because in reality it did not), you can actually see where the breakdown happened & what they had in their cart even if they were shopping as a guest. The program definitely requires a learning period but it is worth it.

Cons

Requires a good amount of tech knowledge. If you are not tech savvy or don't have someone that is, then this is not the way to go. You will only get support through the forums & "tickets". There is no phone support.

DAVID from ANGELFISHUSA

Review of Zen Cart

Pros

It's FREE! and it's powerful. Does everything I need plus more. So much better than the 1and1 online eCommerce software I use to use. So many add ons can do just about anything.

Cons

Nothing at all to dislike. it's free and powerful.

Reasons for Choosing Zen Cart

highly recommended by a good friend who helped me set it up.

Reasons for Switching to Zen Cart

1and1 overpriced and very limited in what we could do.

Gonzalo from Sun Noodle NJ

This is a great software when building new eCommerce web site.

Pros

I'm a web developer and most of my clients uses Zen Cart. I recommend this to them compare to Magento is because its easy to manage the code and databases. It has also a feature where you can run the query directly to the software and not going to the host web site to run it there. What I love most is that, you can create your own html files with out touching the original files. Zen Cart will automatically detect the new created files and use it to run. It really easy to customize the software base on the customer needs.

Cons

At first, it is really difficult to understand the layout of the software and where to locate them. But as soon as you get used to it, it will be easily.

Chris from DHP

Seamless and Easy

Good.

Pros

Very easy to install and use, installation instructions very clear.

Cons

Not that much really, it does everything that it says on the box. Was a little pricey but not too bad.

Reasons for Choosing Zen Cart

Easy to understand functionality

Stacy from The Rag Company

Great Option for Managing Product!

I think my favorite and best user experience was discovering Zen Cart. Operating on a very tight budget, this software offered me an affordable option to maintain products in my store! Works great with WordPress templates.

Pros

I was able to launch a web store with a functional shopping cart with Zen quite affordably!

Tia from CTC

Just what I needed for small, straightforward sales.

Pros

Open source! I will always choose an open source option first if it is functional. Zen cart does everything I need .

Cons

While it's not really a drawback, you need to make sure you know what your doing and can install Zen cart properly on your site.

Yusra from PricewaterhouseCoopers

Arthur from DUOSHIRO

New technologies are coming and this is past

Pros

By the first time, seems easy to install on your application, but bug solving can be a problem.

Cons

When I faced bugs with this platform or needed to migrate to another platform, it wasn´t easy to get data from it.