Browse Papertrail Reviews

Natasha from Innogy Renewables UK Limited

Papertrail review

I have found paper trail to be really useful for gathering data and it allowing staff and their manager access to see this information where ever they are. And also that certs can be stored so they can also gain access to these at all times. It has helped me with reporting and keeping onto of what I have / haven't done and also gives space to ad comments where needed.

Pros

Quick and easy to use Gives a quick overview at a glance Able to add features that are personalised to what we need it for Ability to manage tasks via the portal Staff very helpful along with the guidance sheets that can be found

Cons

At first I felt it didn't show a true picture as the options were either valid or invalid. After speaking with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] I found out we were able to add other options such as 'awaiting certificate' 'NA at present' 'New training request' which now give a full honest view of training records. Reporting feature had a few technical issues at first - again these have been resolved

Reasons for Choosing Papertrail

Paper trail was already established and when we were given a demo it looked like the best fit for what we wanted it to do.

Reasons for Switching to Papertrail

Excel wasn't practical for running off reports and it was down to the eye and a highlighter to mark any up and coming training where as with this feature I can now track and see straight away what is coming up with no risk of missing anything. I also automatically updates staff and managers if their certs are due to expire .

Response from Papertrail

Replied April 2020

Hi Natasha, thank you so much for your feedback!

Dave from Rose Theatre

The H&S Must-have software

Papertrail has been excellent, easy to use and a constant source of information about PPE.

Pros

Easy to use, the staff will help you transition your old record system into it.

Cons

I would like to be able to completely delete old users rather than just 'archive' them.

Reasons for Choosing Papertrail

Already set up and specialised in the area. Advice and help available from staff.

Reasons for Switching to Papertrail

Recommended by a trainer, and it is a vast improvement on the previous system. It's accessible from anywhere with an internet connection, and allows access from mobile devices as well.

Response from Papertrail

Replied October 2020

Hi Dave Thank you so much for your feedback and great review! Pleased to hear that you are loving our App. Just to let you know, the reason we don't have an option to delete old users from the system is to maintain the integrity of your records, as deleting the users would remove their inspections from your account. Best wishes Vicki

Columbus from Impact Access Inc.

Papertrail Rope Access

Great app for get in/get out tracking PPE.

Pros

Populates most existing PPE used for rope access.

Cons

Would like to be able to customize specific equipment with our own checklist for records.

Response from Papertrail

Replied November 2019

Thanks for your feedback! Not only do we have a range of manufacturer checklists, we can build custom checklists to suit your needs.

Paul from Eurosafe solutions

Why didn't i discover this sooner

After using an Excel spreadsheet to manage 2500 items of plant, Papertrail will streamline all our processes managing the use, movement and inspection of all equipment.

Pros

Very capable system that becomes fully intuitive with guidance and use. It can save days of labour over a year and allow for a comprehensive record of all plant and PPE

Cons

Nothing really. Confusing at first until Papertrail helped understand the system better.

Reasons for Choosing Papertrail

recommendations and industry specific set up. Also great value compared to other systems.

Reasons for Switching to Papertrail

Lack of reliability and our plant register outgrew the system.

Response from Papertrail

Replied November 2019

Bob from Caerphilly ADventures

Safe Equipment Management

The support from Papertrail has been excellent. Not that we have needed much as most problems have been easily solved.

Pros

Ease of use. The ability to tailor it to meet our needs. The ability to add features and details as you go.

Cons

There is Very little to dislike about Papertrail.

Bespoke nature of Papertrail

Response from Papertrail

Replied November 2019

Graham from Bangor Unviersity

An excellent hassle free app that just works

This app allows me to keep on top of PPE and other H+S inspections which is important as this is only a small part of my job (in terms of time allocation) but has a massive impact on the quality of my students' learning experiences as they alway shave the right kit which is checked and compliant.

Pros

It has mobile and desktop apps so it doesn't matter what device I'm using in all situations, and allows flexibility to add/modify team permissions on the go.

Cons

Nothing to dislike really. This box won't let the form submit without more characters in.

Reasons for Choosing Papertrail

It's a local company offering great customer support

Reasons for Switching to Papertrail

The app was far better suited to meet my needs and had additional features that I didn't have previously

Response from Papertrail

Replied November 2019

Paul from Joy Outdoor Education Center

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Papertrail is awsome!

I has already paid for itself this year! I had some equipment that was not lasting as long as it should have and after much back and forth with the manufacturer I was able to get it all replaced after showing the maintenance and inspection history for those items.

Pros

Having all my necessary information in a single place! At first I thought it was a bit expensive and unnecessary to pay that much for the software - I was wrong. I was wrong! The task manager is a fantastic addition!

Cons

The reporting at times doesn't give me what I need but seems to be improving.

Reasons for Choosing Papertrail

Papertrail is much more functional, affordable, and the customer support team is fantastic! Also came highly recommended from one of my vendors.

Reasons for Switching to Papertrail

The other software was way too complicated, difficult to archive records, and the reporting was terrible.

Response from Papertrail

Replied October 2020

Hi Paul, thank you so much for your feedback! I'm glad that you are loving Task Manager and that it has paid for itself. We are currently working on a reporting tool which will allow you to pull more information. Charlotte

Sean from New Image Building Services Gulf States LLC

Industry: Facilities Services

Kit Inspections and Logging

Very good, friendly and supportive staff. A great product and user friendly. I have multi nationalities working for my company and they all find it easy to use despite some language difficulties

Pros

The system is very easy to use once you get the hang of it. Good at reminding when inspections are due. I have not used any of the LOLER forms yet as not required for my purposes but seem a very good tools as well. Easy to add to if you need more kit

Cons

The RFID set up took some working on to get it correct and sometimes if not used for few months then a software update prevents it from working. Would be good if Software updates could be emailed or message and put on the system so vendors are aware RFID readers need updating. Would be a great system for companies with huge amounts of kit

Reasons for Choosing Papertrail

Ease of use and my requirements for Kit logging and inspections

Response from Papertrail

Replied November 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback! We will definitely take on board notifying customers of updates that could interfere with RFID

james from Applus

Industry: Oil & Energy

Rope access equipment management

I have had a good experience with Papertrail to date and would like to continually develop more departments with the software.

Pros

The software is quick to use and the support for learning new developments is fantastic.

Cons

The inability to complete the same amount of features on mobile devices s a laptop or pc.

Ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Papertrail

The original software couldn't handle the frequency of the inspections.

Response from Papertrail

Replied October 2020

Thank you so much for your feedback! Our mobile app has been updated massively and most features on the desktop app are now available on the mobile app. Hope this helps!

Lennart from Trädtjänst i Göteborg

Great system

My PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) has to have a documented inspection at least once a year. With Papertrail that inspection is made alot easier beacuse I have all documentation and previous inspection protocols in the system. That saves a lot of time and frustration.

Pros

In my work as an arborist its important to trust my equipment. By using Papertrail I can be sure I have checked all my gear according to local legislation. It also provides or holds all manuals to my equipment and provide alot of checklists to make my inspections even more reliable.

Cons

Papertrail is a complex system with a lot of features. That makes the learning a little slower but still alot easier than other Excel based systems I've used before.

Reasons for Choosing Papertrail

Time and frustration got less.

Response from Papertrail

Replied September 2020

Hi Lennart, Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad that you are happy with Papertrail. If you need any help at all, please reach out to us at support@papertrail.io or by using the big green button (bottom right) to get through to support!

time saving

Pros

ease of use, time savings, communication with customers

Cons

the lack of language options reduces the number of users.

Response from Papertrail

Replied April 2020

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. RE: language options, this is something that features heavily on our Product Roadmap so it is something we are working on. Kind regards. Charlotte

Clare from Skyform (scotland) Ltd

Papertrail

Spot on [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have always been helpful

Pros

Its a great interface and the customer service is impecible

Cons

Just not being able to copy and paste assets - You can clone but have to go in individually to fix

Better tracking

Response from Papertrail

Replied April 2020

Hi Clare, thanks so much for your feedback. We will take on board your comments on copying and pasting assets and feed this back. Kind regards, Charlotte

Mark from Vattenfall

Papertrail Review

First class company.

Pros

Ease of use. Excellent support function. Excellent people with good product knowledge and an ability to come up with solutions to client needs. Time saving.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about this software.

Reasons for Choosing Papertrail

Papertrail offers more versatility. It's a one stop shop for all kinds of inspection needs.

Response from Papertrail

Replied November 2019

Tim from Wild Tree Adventures Ltd

Superb software to keep kit easily organised

Fabulous and the support team and super quick and helpful!

Pros

This is easy to use, clear and excellent for keeping all kit itemised, logged and with full history and bespoke reminders for any specific items set to customised frequencies.

Cons

Occasionally if you click out of the working area you can lose inputted data for the single item you are currently inputting.

Response from Papertrail

Replied November 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're really glad it suits you. Was this in the mobile or desktop version you were losing data?

Craig from Redpoint Worcester

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Overall really easy to get on with, simple tabs, lots of detail in the logs too

Pros

Easy to use, great that it has a phone app too!

Cons

Still seems expensive, although we do use it for lots of items.

Eleri from Glendale

Industry: Utilities

Fantastic App!

Great app, has saved us time and money! Support has been great. The staff are always friendly and helpful

Pros

Easy to use Has everything we need as a business

Cons

There is nothing that I see as a con at the moment

Response from Kit Log

Replied July 2019

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoy using Papertrail!

Michael from Alpine Camp and Conf. Ctr.

Digitital organizing at it's finest.

Papertrail has helped this organization immensely in keeping our documentation of safety equipment stored in an organized and easy to use manner.

Pros

This software is easy to use, 100% functional, and practical.

Cons

Sometimes the calendar feature can be hard to use if you want to type in the date/date of retirement of products listed.

Response from Papertrail

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your feedback! We will look into the calendar feature to see how this can be improved.

Brett from xplore

Efficient and easy to use

Pros

Its intuitive and is laid out in a logical and user friendly manner. Shows good length of record

Cons

Cant go back to add to inspections when more information becomes available

Response from Papertrail

Replied November 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're really glad you're finding it easy to use. The system doesn't allow back-dating but what I would suggest it to click 'Add Note' in your record. You can then put your extra information in as a comment and this will appear in the inspection history at the date and time it was added.

Adam from Acer Tree Surgeons Ltd

Industry: Environmental Services

Great product

Papertrail has helped to get our mandatory compliance checks back on track, and made storing and accessing the information a lot easier. The support has been spot on, quick and helpful responses every time.

Pros

The support team is great, very helpful and speedy. Papertrail eliminates the need for binders full of checklists, it is all stored and archived for you.

Cons

I would like to pay less for the extra storage.

Response from Papertrail

Replied April 2020

Hi Adam, thanks for your feedback!

Ben from World Challenge

February 2016

It is very good but lacks some key functions

Overall Papertrail meets our minimum requirements. However we are increasingly finding we want to be able to do more with it to meet our business objectives. One such area is reporting, the current dashboard showing the number of records overdue, due, on monitor etc is limited as we can't clearly see which records are specifically on those various statuses, without click through all of the sub folders to reach each record. We need to be able to run reports that can show the specific records (suppliers in our case) that are on monitor, missing or over due.

Not only for rigging gear

It would be nice to have opportunity to choose custom fields for records. For example, I'd like to use it for moving heads, and add fields like Lamp Hours etc. Also, I'm missing a feature to add/find a record by barcode (use barcode scanner to identify the product).

Pros

It's meant to track service and mainteance.

Cons

It's somewhat non-intuitive, for example I can't find a way to remove an empty folder.

Response from Papertrail

Replied November 2019

Thank you very much for the feedback! We can create custom fields for any of our accounts. Also, the Barcode scanning feature should be on all subscriptions. If you can get in touch we can have a look into this!

M from CWTS

February 2016

Very useful software that helps us keep track much better than paper records

Makes recording inspections very straight forward and gives a history of any item. Would like to see some additional features: 1. ability to search inspections undertaken on a given date 2. ability to record expenses for maintenance - track servicing costs on individual items, with some simple reporting features to see which items are costing the most and when etc. 3. ability to record plant 'hours' and vehicle 'mileage' - with simple reporting to see actual usage of items

Thomas from atlantic college

February 2016

Been involved from the start and good to see it grow! Love it

For me, there are some good developments but still as few things that could be improved to make it really easy. Some will be tech that is the barrier. Otherwise it smart and sophisticated and i enjoy using it in my team. Be great to share an account as a public page so you can go to a venue and show them your records (like a passport!). Staff use it and most get on well with it.

Dafydd from NWN

Industry: Computer Networking

Best app available for compliance

Pros

Mobile app means I can update inspections wherever I work, even outside or with no signal. Really quick to get answers from their support team too.

Cons

If there was a way to print reports from the mobile app in future that would be great.

Response from Papertrail

Replied November 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are currently working on a mobile update that will allow you to print reports from your mobile. We will keep you updated!

Alex from The Muscle Locker

Simple to use and effective package and excellent customer service

Pros

Papertrail helps keep up to date and organised with its simplicity and great customer support. Someone is always there if I need anything.

Cons

More manufacturers on the PPE Directory would be great but I have had feedback that that is in progress!

Response from Papertrail

Replied April 2020

Hi Alex, thank you for your feedback. We are constantly working on adding more manufacturers to the Directory and have many in progress

Phil from Venture Trust

February 2016

Essential tool for kit, staff, vehicles, facilities checks etc. Still highly recommended

Deleting records- Difficult to delete certain files i.e. Staff that have unfortunately deceased . Only option to archived Similarly, if a rope has been out of service for several years, why still have it as a archived file? Preferred old dashboard to be honest. Swipe view not too good on laptops

Gary from Tailored Climbing Wall Solutions Ltd

February 2016

Great product never used their customer service

Pro's - easy to set up and maintain. Maintenance is key . Cons - A bit expensive for a lot of our clients at the lower end of items, where a simple spread sheet may also work as effective.

Weine from C2 Safety

Works 100%

Works without problems. Easy to navigate, easy to learn and save days of time! Try it, you will not be disappointed!