• Pros

• "Ease of use. App is easy and convenient. Gives a sense of security while working in community with clients living with mental health concerns. "

• "Loved using it after I downloaded the app on my phone. When it was just wifi connection, it was less user friendly so now I have SLine on speed dial and the process is very fast."

• "Easy to use. Quick interactions for check-ins."

• Cons

• "Sometimes the check-in notifications do not notify. They show up in the notification center but do not make a sound."

• "It is complete for our application and situation."

• "Its cell dependent.. as the area we live in has dead zones but thankfully it has a landline option... so that is a pro and a con.. "

Browse SafetyLine Lone Worker Reviews

My Review of SafetyLine

Pros

Ease of use and how it makes me safer as a lone worker

Cons

I cannot recall anything I do not like about the Software

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied January 2021

Hi, thank you for your feedback and for using SafetyLine.

Deborah from Interior Health

Feeling of safety while working

Love the feeling of safety it gives me while working. I can now concentrate on the job at hand and know someone there if I need them, even though I’m working alone

Pros

Recommend to anyone with job safety issues. Nice to be able to work your shift and know someone looking out for you and has your back if anything should go wrong such as sliding off the road in snow storm, dog attack or possible client altercation resulting in injury (community healthcare worker) Set up on phone was easy and using the app takes no time to do your checkin with the company and checkout at shift end. Call to you from the company as soon as they notice your in emergency mode. Once again, highly recommend!

Cons

Nothing I can think of for improving this product.

Emilie from Ensero Solutions

Positive and Negatives

Pros

It is easy to use as the monitored, I love that it has multiple options, ie. InReach, App, phone, etc.

Cons

It is not user friendly to set-up. We have multiple sites and multiple people moving from one group to another regularly having to change the settings has created a lot of difficulties and mix-ups. We also find that the system has some glitches or maintenance events that have induced missed check-ins and were followed by unconfirmed emergencies.

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied June 2020

Hi Emilie, thanks for your feedback and using SafetyLine. Please contact us directly at support@safetylineloneworker.com if you continue to have any issues.

Christine from Interior Health

Safety line app

Pros

I use the app for work as I work alone. I actually keeps me more aware of my safety. It is very easy to use. When I first started using safety line I had to call in all the time, but the app makes it much easier

Cons

I wish a timer would be added to an app right now I go into my timer on my clock app and set is for about 30 min less so that way I have time to update if things are going smooth. I do not receive emails on the work phone so by the time someone calls Its over the allotted time

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied February 2021

Hi Christine, thank you for the review. Please contact us at support@safetylineloneworker.com for tips and tricks to help you with check-in reminders.

Roman from Tervita Corporation

Working Alone with SafetyLine

Very Good! Ensures us that when working alone that if there is a emergency ( Hopefully Never) that we have a chance to be rescued and go home to our families.

Pros

Easy to Access. Convenient that is has more than one option to sign in/check in and out for those busier than normal days on shift. The sequencing and timing are precise when in a unconfirmed/ confirmed emergency as opposed to a live person call out, which saves minutes which in turn saves lives.

Cons

The notification tone when its time to "check in" can get annoying but understand the need for it. makes me jump every time.

Reasons for Switching to SafetyLine Lone Worker

Convenience, Better set up and overall better program.

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied February 2021

Hi Roman, Thank you for the review. If you do have any questions - please email us at support@safetylineloneworker.com

Kyla from Clearwater Seafoods LP

Industry: Food Production

Engineers working alone

I had a great overall experience with this system, no matter how big or small the issue was someone was able to connect with me and help me figure out the solution. This system ensures the men to work long hrs alone are still being checked on to ensure they are safe even when everyone else is sleeping.

Pros

I implemented this system with with older gentleman working alone during nights and weekend, I like how easy this system is to use and the great support I had during this time.

Cons

The thing I liked least about this system would be that it does not work well with an Android, we had to upgrade to an iPhone for it work properly. Still worth it !

Reasons for Choosing SafetyLine Lone Worker

i did not look at other options, another OH&S officer recommended this to me.

Kurt from Corix Utilities

Industry: Utilities

Great App

Almost a perfect app. Would be nice to have additional options for the Apple watch to check-in without using a phone, even to the point of reading HR if the check-in becomes an Unconfirmed Emergency.

Pros

Operator do not have to wait in que on the phone to check-in.

Reasons for Switching to SafetyLine Lone Worker

Operators were waiting for too long on hold.

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied January 2021

Hi Kurt, Thank you for your review and feedback. Let us know if you have any questions at support@safetylineloneworker.com

Julie from City of moncton

Industry: Civil Engineering

Working alone for municipal workers

From payment, to ease of use to technical support it is really nice software. Staff is very accomodating and support issues dealt with in a very timely manner.

Pros

The ease of use. It is very easy for even non-tech savyy employees.

Cons

We have had a few issues when there were software updates that caused our older sonims not to work however tech support repaired issues very quickly

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied January 2021

Hi Julie, Thank you for the feedback and review. For more questions and request please contact us at support@safetylineloneworker.com

Pamela-Mae from Enderby Home Support

SafetyLine

Overall I would say my experience with SafetyLine as a worker is positive

Pros

SafetyLine is very easy to use. I like that I feel safe when I am travelling to clients homes and when I am alone

Cons

I only wish with SafetyLine is that we could log in once at the start of our shift and then at the end of our shift . We can set a timer for every three hours to check in but sometimes that is not an option as we are busy or out of cellular range

Rob from Eastern Health

Why not a local company? Why serve Newfoundland from British Columbia? There is a local alternativ

sign in / sign out works well using either text or voice. gives some sense of security. Nice to let clients know that I am being monitored. My staff activated emergency once and police did respond immediately with lights and sirens.

Pros

Cons

that it is not a local company. to be honest. In an emergency I would first activate 911 then safetyline emergency if I have time. If in a true emergency I would have to hope that my monitor or manager is actually able to see my emergency request on their monitor or phone. 911 would be definitely available.

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied February 2021

Hi Rob, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review! If you do any have questions please contact us at support@safetylineloneworker.com

Paul from Interior Health

Well Done!

I use SaferyLine almost daily other than days off and it’s a great tool to have on my phone. It’s good to know that if I am in a difficult situation that I can get help quickly.

Pros

I have the SafetyLine App and as a healthcare worker who goes home to home it is very convenient and easy to use the app. Just open the app and there are all the functions you need right on the home page.

Cons

Honestly there is nothing about the app that I don’t like. It is one of the easiest apps I have ever used and I’ve used a lot of apps. The alerts you get before going over the time limit are a really nice reminder.

Gloria from BayerCrops

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Not complaints

They realize that I am working and what I am doing and which area in the installations to look in case that I have and accident they know where to look and who is the person closers to me for checking

Pros

immediately response and easy to use immediately response after the time go out

Cons

nothing: everything looks perfect, I would like to receive a call, reminder or alarm before safetyline call my boss or another manager in the company.

Reena from Interior Health

Hello

I just sign in and get alerts if I am getting close to my check in. The knowledge of knowing if i get into trouble there’s help a click away.

Pros

It’s an amazing app. Easy to use makes me feel safe when I am working out in community alone.

Cons

Nothing I like it as it is. Keep up the good work

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied February 2021

Hi Reena, thank you for the wonderful review.

Denise from PDCSS

Our review

Good, it has not let us down

Pros

Its easy to get into, it works well in emergency situations. I can see where the workers are if they have data activated on their phone.

Cons

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied June 2020

Hi Denise, we are so happy that SafetyLine is helping keep your workers safe - keep up the great work!

Bill from Harvest Operations

Industry: Oil & Energy

working alone peace of mind

it has been quite helpful , with reduced staff it is important that we are being monitored should a unfortunate event take place

Pros

The ease of use , it is user friendly and makes me feel safer working alone

Cons

sometimes I would like check in to be extended to different time check ins

Jose from corteva

Industry: Food Production

canada69

Pros

that you report where you are for your safety

Cons

nothing, everything is fine, I like everything

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied February 2021

Hi Jose, Thank you for the review. If you do have any questions, please contact us at support@safetylineloneworker.com

Lucas from City of Winnipeg

User Review

Pros

Easy to use. Quick interactions for check-ins.

Cons

If I have the app open on two different devices, then one of the apps will remind me that my two-hour login is due even though I have checked in on the other device. It never triggers anything (it ultimately recognizes that I have updated my other device, but the reminders still pop-up).

Carol from Environmental Services

Ease of use

It is quick to use. Just have to open the app on my phone, say what I need to say if I want to. And I am set to go. It warns me when time is up and it is done. Same thing at the end of the trip/day in the field.

Pros

Easy to use on my phone. All is self explanatory. No issue with it

Cons

I never had any issue with the app. Once in while, when I use it with my InReach GPS at the end of the day it would not end the session and I would get a call later. Otherwise all is good. It could be a communication issue.

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied January 2021

Hi Carol, Thank you for your feedback and review. Please email support@safetylineloneworker.com if you have any questions.

larry from village of montrose

Safetyline review

The reps were great at getting us set up and running. very easy to get going.

Pros

Very easy to set-up and use. Our crew took to it readily.

Cons

It is complete for our application and situation.

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied June 2020

Thanks for your comments, Larry. Our reps are always happy to help.

Lisa from bissell centre

Safety at my fingertips

So far my experience has been very positive and makes me feel very safe doing what I do!

Pros

I like that this software is very user friendly. The ease of checking in and the ability to voice record a message in case of an emergency makes it much more reassuring when I enter other peoples homes.

Cons

I am not fond of the sound for check in. It can startle the people I am working with sometimes.

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied February 2021

Hi Lisa, Thank you for the review - contact us at support@safetylineloneworker.com for any questions.

Heli from Interior Health

Feel safe with Safety Line for Lone Workers

Staff safety.

Pros

This software is user friendly. I like the fact that, while I am out in community visiting clients, I am being monitored and have a backup system if I get into trouble. I find this software vital for those of us that go into the community by ourselves ( unless 2 people are needed). I like the Emergency option on the app and also the fact that you can shorten or lengthen the times of monitoring depending on the situation.

Cons

I don't have any cons thus far with using this software.

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied February 2021

Hi Heli, Thank you for the review! Let us know if you have any questions at support@safetylineloneworker.com

Lindsay from BC Ministry AG

reassuring to have

It is reassuring to have something like this when working alone...I would like to use it when out jogging too!

Pros

I like having a check in program in case the unforeseen happens when working remotely.

Cons

Get rid of the need for a password to turn off alarms and status or let them be easy! Passwords make the system clunky and have led to many non-emergency alerts because the person couldn't remember password to turn it off. We need better equipment to use Safetyline when working in areas with no cell service.

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied June 2020

Hi Lindsay, we're glad that SafetyLine provides you with some reassurance. Please let us know if we can help you with your issues, we are always available at support@safetylineloneworker.com

Hailey from FLNR

App makes check ins easy!

I find the system easy to use and convenient. I also appreciate the reminder phone calls before an emergency is confirmed.

Pros

I really love how the app makes checking in so easy when I am working out in the field!

Cons

The phone book/contact process is confusing.

Kelli from Boundary Mental Health

Industry: Mental Health Care

Safety

I use it 3-4 x per week, sometimes more. It used to be more complicated but once I added the app to my work cell phone, it is a breeze. Choose a password that is easy to remember!

Pros

Cons

It should be clear to users that the Mobile App is the way to increase usage and keep us safer!

Cheryl from Interior health

Working with SafetyLine

Pros

I feel more at ease knowing that I have my SafetyLine with me. Sketchy clients and bad weather are 2 factors that cause me stress. Having SafetyLine helps to ease that stress.

Cons

The only issue I have is created by me forgetting to end monitoring. I don’t like to pack my phone with, so I have had my contacts called, and stressed everyone out looking for me! Lol

Megan from IHA

Industry: Mental Health Care

Safe and Sound

I feel secure knowing that when Im working alone I am watched out for

Pros

I really enjoy knowing that I am safe when working alone.

Cons

I tend to forget I am monitored at the end of the day and safety measures are taken

Wayne from City of White Rock

Industry: Law Enforcement

SafetyLine Review

very good experience with the software. employer requires all staff working alone to use it and I feel it isn't a burden at all.

Pros

I find the app easy to navigate and check-ins are simple to update.

Cons

nothing, i feel the software works like it should

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied February 2021

Hi Wayne, Thank you for the review. If you have any questions please send us an email at support@safetylineloneworker.com

Jasmine from City of Calgary

Excellent Product

This software was a long time needed. It has made me feel like my safety is valued by the organization. I appreciate that it is not cumbersome or restrictive. It allows me to do my job as I always have with peace of mind that if something goes wrong, I won't be alone.

Pros

I like how intuitive it is to use. Enjoy that there are maps to show exactly where I am and that there are alarms and alerts that mean I can't forget to check in and my Supervisor can't forget to make sure I am still okay.

Cons

So far I do not have any complaints about this software.

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied January 2021

Hi Carol, Thank you for your feedback and review. We are glad to help you improve safety in your organization. If you have another other questions please reach out to us at support@safetylineloneworker.com.

Michele from Interior health

Nice

Pros

Is nice to feel safe at work! And have help in only a click away

Cons

Sometimes we forget to check in, and can go to unconfirmed emergency easily

Tolulope from WCB

Product review

Its been a great tool so far.

Pros

Its a great tool to use when working alone etc., which helps to track and monitor lone workers.

Cons

The safety line feature sadly wouldn't work without internet. In case of an emergency, loss of data etc., there would be no way to trace the worker. Also , don't like the fact that while on the journey after the speculated time has elapsed, you need to stop or park by the road side, end the trip and re-check in. There isn't a voice check-in, this would help while driving and you don't wanna stop ,or touch the phone while driving. The process of getting support when the app is not functional or otherwise is not an easy task.

Joanna from Orchard Recovery Centre

Great Safety App

I highly recommend this.

Pros

This has given us peace of mind for our work alone workers and the follow through if they don't respond is always timely.

Cons

I don't think there are any features that we don't like.

Ben from Plains

Industry: Oil & Energy

Great work alone software and app

Pros

The app is user friendly and works great to make sure everyone is safe.

Cons

Could use some sort of Bluetooth dongle that is IS when working in hazardous locations.

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied January 2021

Hi Ben, Thank you for your feedback and review, please email support@safetylineloneworker.com if you have any questions.

Anthony from Castel fuels

Tony

I feel much safer as a loan worker knowing somebodies looking after me.

Pros

How easy it is to use and its very reliable.

Cons

Really nothing I don't like. Its great it calls me to remind me to check in.

Jane from Interior Health

Works Well

works well.

Pros

Easy to use on computer or on my installed phone app.

Cons

remembering login info (company code), etc

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied June 2020

Hi Jane, thanks for your comments. We are so happy to help you while you help others.

John from Urban Systems, LTD

Industry: Civil Engineering

Easy to use and serves it's purpose

Pros

easy to use through the app to turn on and do check-ins. Admins have access to review the check-ins and use geo location mapping to see where users are.

Cons

About the only feature I could benefit from being added would be to have a SSO option for O365, currently all accounts are separate from your AD and need to be created.

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied January 2021

Hi John, Thank you for your review and feedback. I have forwarded your feature request to our product team. Please email us directly at support@safetylineloneworker.com for more questions/requests.

Chantal from IHA

Very useful

It is mandatory in our company but is very useful

Pros

The ease of the app makes it enjoyable to use

Cons

I haven’t found much that I don’t enjoy

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied February 2021

Hi Chantal, Thank you for the review.

Jack from Interior Health

Safety line review

Pros

Quick easy to use app. text in and text out.

Cons

Company should be providing data coverage charges

Johnney from Bayer

Industry: Farming

Safety line review

Pros

Keeps elderly people accounted for in the field.

Cons

There has been nothing that I have had issues with.

Nannette from Interior Health Autority

One flaw

My experience with SafetyLine has been good.

Pros

Easy to use and practical for rural and remote safety.

Cons

It requires data on the cell phone to track where you are and my employer, IHA, does not pay for data on cell phones.

Jasmine from Urban Systems Ltd.

Does the job well

This software has provided our organization a great resource to use for on-site safety and safety when traveling on the road and alone.

Pros

This software is easy to use and simple to navigate, especially the app interface.

Cons

I have had some trouble using the software in offline areas. When I lose a signal sometimes it's hard to reconnect, but that could just be my phone issues too.

Andy from Corteva

Industry: Farming

Use in the field

Pros

I liked how quick it was. it doesn't feel like a cheap app that takes forever to respond.

Cons

It took me a few hours to get the hang of it and fully understand what the apps functions were. Would be better if there was a walk through widget that you could utilize at any time.

Heather from Interior Health

Not 100% sold on it

I don’t use it at all

Pros

I believe the idea is good but not feasible for my line of work

Cons

I think the time period for checking is ridiculous... 3hrs 45 mins a lot can happen in that time

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied February 2021

Hi Heather, thank you for your review. Please contact us at support@safetylineloneworker.com and we can give you tips on how to reduce the time period for checking in.

Melissa from BCTS

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Works well when it works

Works when it works.

Pros

Overall I feel like the platform works well. But end of the day there hasn't been an accident so far.

Cons

Due to major issues once in a while, it is a bit concerning when Safetyline has glitches sending off alerts at random or just doesn't work. Using an in-reach helps, as you can just text when that's the case.

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied February 2021

Hi Melissa, Thank you for your review. Please contact us at support@safetylineloneworker.com for any questions or tips.

Kelly from Interior Health

Easy to be safer

Pros

A quick check in and off I go to my home visit. It doesn’t slow me down.

Cons

It’s on my personal cel instead of my work phone because it was blocked by my employer.

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied February 2021

Hi Kelly, Thank you for the review!

phil from Federared Co-op

Safety line user

Good to have

Pros

Pretty easy to use this product and not an extra clip on our coveralls

Cons

Spotty in spots for reception as we use our phones

Neil from CVRD

Industry: Utilities

Good product

Pros

Works well, good alert notifications, easy to use

Cons

I haven’t used another similar product so I don’t know, seems good enough to me

Parm from CSC

Industry: Law Enforcement

Positive Experience

I use it very rarely at this time due to covid and limited exposure but my experience thus far has been positive.

Pros

It is easy to use as an app with various options to report.

Cons

There was no notification that my message was received and that monitoring was in fact occurring.

Response from SafetyLine Lone Worker

Replied January 2021

Hi Parm, Thank you for the feedback. For more questions and request please contact us at support@safetylineloneworker.com

Roberto from Corix Water Services,Inc.

Safety

Pros

Easy to understand. And can respond immediately to the existing time allotted.

Cons

None for now . It's everything added to it.