All Docusign Reviews

DocuSign Review: DocuSign Takes the Stress out of Signing Documents

Jon

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

Easily get documents digitally signed with speed.

It's easy for me to set up contracts to sign. It's easy for other people to execute on their desktop or mobile devices. This makes getting contracts completed easy for everyone.

PROS

This product was easy to implement. It features a lot of drag and drop elements for uploading contracts/documents. Drag and drop signature fields make setting up the document for sending for digital signing very easy.

CONS

I don't really have any dislikes. Docusign does everything I want. There's a new "template" feature I need to learn about. I'm sure it's really good but will take a little time to set up.

Reasons for switching to Docusign

I had Docusign before but did some work with another team that uses Right Signature. I was implementing a signature software and went back to Docusign. Excellent customer support, slightly easier to use. Prospect had easier times signing with Docusign. It seems to be more compatible with more devices overall.

Omi

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Easy to sign documents.

I really like it and think is helpful that you can go back a review previous documents.

PROS

When received the document, I was able to read and sign each part of the form.

CONS

The cost of this software is in a high range.

Reasons for switching to Docusign

The company decided to switch to Athena One.

Lucien

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

Docusign is a product that needs a lot of improvement

Overall a poor experience which ultimately led us to explore using PandaDocs as a replacement.

PROS

Docusign contract open tracking was really powerful for us because it empowered our sales team to follow up and close deals in real-time.

CONS

Docusign is not user friendly UX and extremely restricting when it comes to customisation. We were constantly struggling with clients who couldn't understand how to sign because of the poor UX/UI. In addition, we wanted to add a lot of customisation to our contracts to make them appear like pitch decks but this proved incredibly hard in Docusign. We weren't blown away by customer success and were genuinely surprised Docusign was the market leader at the time.

Piero

Pharmaceuticals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

The number one system for document signature

I can state that from the point of the approval workflow and paper management Docusign is a game changer and it is one of products that can really (coupled also with powerautomate and other Microsoft system) do the digitalization process that lot of CIO are dealing with today

PROS

I like the overall system and the possibility offered by the workflow to design and adapt your models to the organization you work for. The possibility offered by rest api allow to connect external system with docusign for any signature. We use it for hiring new employee as well as for internal SOP signature

CONS

the fact that the CRf21/11 which is mandatory in pharma field need a separated contract so I have to sign two different contract while it would be great to have a contract that rules everything

Reviewed May 2024

DocuSign has been smooth sailing for me.

PROS

When contractual documents are sent to me, I like how I am able to append my signature on them from the comfort of my web browser and send them back to the recipient, without necessarily even needing to download the DocuSign app. This ease of being able to sign legal binding documents seamlessly from the comfort , of wherever I am, is while I love DocuSign.

CONS

Nothing for now. I use DocuSign to sign documents at least once a month and as far as I am concerned, it's been a smooth experience for me.

Corinna

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

International signature tool with long market experience

PROS

Widely established and well known which means in general people can easily follow the process and are familiar with the steps to proceed.

CONS

- German / European legislation is slightly grey zone (hosting of data) - Pricing: there are less expensive options

Daryl

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Docusign- Easy to use and moblie friendly

They have come a long way with how they done things. Much more user-friendly than they used to be.

PROS

How easy to use it was and how mobile friendly it was.

CONS

Not anything i can think of. It has been great to use!

Ally

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Docu-sign makes electronic docs easier to sign then ever!

Overall I've had a great experience with Docusign and look forward to many more, easily signed documents.

PROS

The ease at completing a signature. It's very fast!

CONS

Requiring a paid account to access certain features.

Easy to Use

PROS

The ease of adding my digital signature.

CONS

Nothing really, pretty much all good experiences

Nicky

Textiles, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Great to use in Corporate World

PROS

I like that if I am unable to be in person signing documents, I can still sign via Internet or email and have it completed.

CONS

Sometimes the capture is not correct and I don’t like how it’s not my handwriting.

1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2019

DocuSign-Good, but other options on the market

Overall, my experience with DocuSign as a solo was ok. It's an investment and there are other aps that can do the job for less or even free. My experience using it as a corporate tool for over 150 outside sales people was really good. It allowed us to provide an option to everyone and have a standard. Plus, it did incorporate with our contact generating and submitting program. That was very helpful! So, if you are looking for an enterprise wide options, DocuSign is a great product to consider. If you are a small business or solo, it might be overkill for you.

PROS

DocuSign is a great product. It has a lot of awesome features and makes signing contacts for outside sales people very easy. It also integrates with some CRM systems. We used it at my previous company and I helped to push the company adoption of the product. I had been using it and other programs/aps to allow my clients to sign a contract on my iPad, iPhone or their own smart phone/device. This saved a TON of time because there was no printing of paper and also no scanning of paper. I could turn around and email the contact right into the company!

CONS

DocuSign is more costly than other options and I did not use the paid version long before the company partnered with them to allow all outside sales to use it. There are less expensive and free aps out there that work as well for the basic features of signing a document from a smart device or touchscreen. DocuSign can also get complicated with a signature set up feature that takes a lot of time and is actually not necessary ... but you don't know that right away.

Reason for choosing Docusign

DocuSign had an option to work with our contract generating and submission database.

Reasons for switching to Docusign

our company made an enterprise wide purchase of DocuSign so I switched over to using it.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Critical Software for Real Estate

My overall experience with DocuSign is nothing short of amazing. I really loved how user friendly it was to all age groups. I feel like it saves times for everyone and doesn't need my customer/client's immediate attention. This is a tool I would highly recommend to everyone involved in Real Estate.

PROS

I liked the electronic/digital signature feature because it makes the lives of all parties simpler and easy when it comes to collecting documents. It works with every schedule.

CONS

The least I liked about this software is that it needs to be advertised more so more users can take advantage of this amazing software (especially after the COVID-19 pandemic)

Reason for choosing Docusign

I chose DocuSign just from positive reviews and testimonials from other users who chose this software.

Reasons for switching to Docusign

I made the switch because even the name DocuSign makes it easier for my clients to trust the software over other company names.

Janice

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Works well for contract management but I need more!

Overall DocuSign is a great platform when you want to manage your contracts, send to clients, and have them sign. It's not too great if you're expecting redline changes, but it works pretty well 80% of the time!

PROS

We use DocuSign on the daily. Since we are an events services company, we deal with contracts every single day, approximately 10-20 contracts get sent out everyday. What we like about it is how it updates the manager that a contract has been signed, and how it easily upload the signed contract to our system.

CONS

Our clients would need to go to another software to redline or make comments. Sometimes, instead of doing that, they'd provide it on an email and we need to redo the whole contract, which does not help with the back and forth.

Reason for choosing Docusign

Hello Sign was brought by Dropbox Sign, therefore, it will only carry on the same tools they had

Reasons for switching to Docusign

We thought it was easier to navigate!

Deirdre

Staffing and Recruiting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Notifications

Overall, I like DocuSign. I've used Adobe for the majority of my career. However, DocuSign has many features that Adobe does not have. I find it to be user-friendly, and so far, have not had any particular issues.

PROS

The software has a lot of great features. One of my favorites, for instance, is how easy it is to correct an error. For instance, if I forget to attach a document, I can go back and attach it without having to start all over again with the set up process. Same thing can be said if I need to add a recipient. I can go back and correct the setup and the recipient, determine if they will receive a copy of the document or will be signing. I will then at the moment, just click "re-send" and be done with it. After the recipient views and/or sign the document, I will get a notification. Another feature I like, is the fact that you do not need to upload documents. You can drag and drop it. You can also send bulk envelopes and share envelopes between DocuSign users. With DocuSign, you can also get a history of your transaction, which is great. It shows when the envelope was created, sent, viewed, completed, re-sent, corrected and more.

CONS

You do not receive a notification once a document has been sent as you would with Adobe. However, it is possible if you do the following. For the signing order, enter a #1 for you or other person and select "CC Receives a Copy." Doing so enables that person to receive a notice that the document has been sent. You will continue and enter a #1 as well for the signee. If there is a second signee, you would enter a #2.

Reasons for switching to Docusign

Company felt that DocuSign has more/better feature and is not as costly.

Reviewed May 2021

Difficult to Implement and Integrate

DocuSign is great from the end-user perspective, but they'll leave you high and dry after you sign a contract. Their support is non-existent, and it's difficult to implement any package that falls outside of the most basic DocuSign packages.

PROS

As an end-user, DocuSign is easy to use and navigate. We've been using DocuSign for years, but recently installed the CFR Part 11 Module. One of the only good things about the module is that if it is enabled, it will not allow you to do anything that is not CFR part 11 compliant. DocuSign also has a large library of resources (more about that below in the Cons...)

CONS

DocuSign was extremely difficult to integrate with our software. The APIs, SDKs, etc were easy to understand and implement, but we seemed to hit roadblocks in unexpected places. Some examples: - Before implementation, our account exec at DocuSign ensured that we could continue to use our existing DocuSign accounts, and that they would transfer them over to the new module. Months later, we are still having trouble with this and the issue has not been solved - DocuSign has a large library of resources that are great for the most basic use cases of DocuSign (no integration, manual workflow, non-CFR part 11, etc). Past that, there are very limited resources. We were assigned (and paid for) a designated account manager and support, but every time we reach out to them, they direct us to the documentation. We're then stuck in a loop because the documentation says, "For CFR Part 11 specifics, please reach out to your Account Manager" I could go on and on....

Nick

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Bridging the Gap Between a Traditional and a Modern Workplace

When I was hired on, one of my primary tasks was to develop a way to take four separate facilities with their own unique filing systems and their own administrative procedures that were rooted business practices from the 1960s, and transform them into a single company run from a centralized office with all data storage to be accomplished via the cloud. We designed the infrastructures of the various sites, implemented multilevel reporting systems, and began determining what needs we had for file transfer and storage, and how to accomplish obtaining staff and client signatures on the inordinate number of daily forms required for our operations to be successful. Being able to securely sign documents electronically, have them authenticated and time stamped, then routed to the correct recipient was a feature that we did not know we needed and did not completely believe that we wanted it. Because of the vast array of Options on DocuSign, we soon realized that if we familiarized ourselves with its capabilities, we could quickly determine the best way to choose the software and hardware that we would be installing at each site. This was a tremendous blessing in disguise for me. We projected that between meetings with consultants and contractors, staff members, and executive staff, it would take us 7-10 days to develop the system we would ultimately use. By becoming familiar with the DocuSign training literature, our team was able to develop and place orders before the end of day

PROS

When I took the position of Clinical Director at this inpatient substance abuse treatment facility, I was presented with the unenviable task of taking four separate and distinct facilities--located across three counties--and streamlining their processes, allowing all executive and administrative functions to be handled at a single office. Near the very top of my list of potential hurdles was deploying a strategy to have all paperwork sent to and processed by our central office within 48 hours. Prior to deploying DocuSign, this project was a nightmare for all involved. Some staff sent in paperwork via e-mail without the necessary signatures or time stamps. Some staff printed out hundreds upon hundreds of pieces of paper, gathered the required signatures, then physically drove the documents to our central office. We were watching time and money disappear due to inefficiency. With DocuSign, these problems disappeared nearly overnight. Staff receive alerts to inform them of the necessary paperwork they must attend to, and they can immediately access the information, verify it, and digitally sign it. A process that cost our company multiple hours a week and resulted in countless missing or incorrect documents was radically transformed into a model of efficiency simply by utilizing DocuSign.

CONS

I firmly believe that for organizations that are currently using some sort of digital file management system, there would be absolutely no difficulty in integrating DocuSign with their current business practices. Our company was at a disadvantage initially because we were not only implementing DocuSign but also making a full transition from traditional filing cabinets and folders to a cloud based system. Attempting to determine the best and most efficient ways to integrate DocuSign with the other software we were simultaneously rolling out was a challenge. Luckily, DocuSign had ready-made instructions that walked us through the implementation step by step.

keith

Research, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

DocuSign is everything you been looking for and more

Our business practices have undoubtedly altered. We are more organized and productive as a result of it. Getting physical signatures used to be a hassle because of scheduling conflicts. In addition, it has served as a central location for our company's policies, contracts, hiring records, and other records to be kept in order to run smoothly. DocuSign is a very adaptable piece of software with excellent security and dependability that is necessary in our daily job.

PROS

It eliminates the need for physical signatures on documents by enabling quick and secure electronic signing. The platform offers a variety of authentication solutions to guarantee that only authorized users may access and sign documents. DocuSign makes it simple to use other tools and platforms because it has a wide range of capabilities and integrations. It offers an organized and effective manner to handle, monitor, and complete document signature. Additionally, it makes it simple for all parties engaged in the document signing process to collaborate and communicate with one another. It helps to cut down on the time and expenses related to conventional document signing procedures. DocuSign is a vital tool for businesses trying to improve productivity and streamline the document signing process, in general.

CONS

The signers' email addresses are the only identity-verification required. A problem I have with this platform is the address book. If a user inputs an inaccurate name or email for a signature party, the system does not offer a mechanism to remedy this issue; you must instead create a new duplicate contact, which can be confusing when you are attempting to find a specific person.

Elhadj Sadou