• icon"What I liked most was the ability to create flyers' I also likes the custmer service people through chat box."
  • icon"Nice design, Makes it easy to track performance."
  • icon"Integration with Benchmark CRM. Creative and visual interface is user friendly."
  • icon"Like most email marketing suites, it can get pricey as subscribership grows a there are lower cost alternatives available but they lack the functionality that benchmark offers."
  • icon"Out of 409 people, only 75 have viewed the mail so far. No one registered online yet."

All Benchmark Email Reviews

Lorraine

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Looks professional and easy to use

Bob

My Review of Benchmark Email

Very good! Customer support responded quickly to my inquiries. For emailing your customer base easily and on a regular basis - this is good value for the money.

Pros

I loved the ability to design newsletters and email them directly to my subscribers. They have many different templates for you to choose from. The ease of use made my actual "writing time" for a newsletter minimal.

Cons

I used Benchmark when I first started in online business. It was very easy to use and the price was in my comfort zone. I then tried to set up a couple of "funnels" and could not do so (this was a couple of years ago - so time may have changed). I contacted Customer Support and was informed that the system I was trying to put in place was not available through Benchmark, that they were only for emailing directly. Unfortunately, I had to close my account and move on to a competitor that did allow me to build out my funnels for online marketing.

Industry: Market Research

Easy to use platform

Overall, I am satisfied and will continue to use Benchmark . I started on a Free Trial and upgraded to a paid service. I plan on sticking to Benchmark for a quarterly newsletter and using to send invitation or special emails.

Pros

This platform is very user-friendly. It doesn't take much effort to get up to speed on how to use it, and there are many email templates to choose from so you don't always have to create something from scratch! I think it's good value for the money, and the support team has been very helpful in my experience.

Cons

There ares some features where I feel limited. I am not too experienced with softwares like this, so I don't know what's available....but I really wish there was a pop-up feature, where users could click on a button and it would connect to their email to forward a newsletter for example. I also have experienced some deliverability issues and have not been 100% satisfied with the response. I think with this and being a new user, it takes time to learn and develop the best strategy.

Reasons for choosing Benchmark Email

I also use type form, but I don't use it for email. I have considered Mailchimp because it seems to be widely used (I see its logo often on emails/newsletters). I chose Benchmark because I like the look & feel of the website and some of the design elements.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Andrew, Thank you for the review and high rating. Regarding the feature you mentioned, we do have a forward option for the campaigns you send. When you have a moment, log in and chat with us, we'd love to show you how this feature works and also how to improve your deliverability. - Benchmark Team

Replied May 2019

November 2022

Great customer service!

I'm impressed with how professional they are, as well as how accessible. It's not hard to reach someone when something goes wrong (which is usually due to my inexperience with their interface).

Pros

Benchmark is head and shoulders above our experiences with other firms. While the interface is not quite as intuitive as I would like, it is easy enough to master, and there is ample customer service to help along the way. I cannot say enough good things about the people I've dealt with there so far.

Cons

I did have a problem with importing a graphic, even though it was in a format normally accepted (jpeg). Haven't found the time to resolve this, but that's on me, not them.

Reasons for switching to Benchmark Email

Mailchimp literally became unusable. Could only get error messages and I only thank heavens I had the presence of mind to grab our address list before it shut us down completely. No response from the company on any platform or means of communicating.

Belén

November 2022

La atención al cliente es mala y no te dan soluciones

Cuando trate de comunicarme con el area de soporte solo se cierran a su contrato, cuando otras empresas te cobran solo lo usado y te reembolsan para canje en otros productos. No te brindan un libro de reclamaciones, por lo que simplemente se lavan las manos. Dinero perdido. NO RECOMIENDO ESTA EMPRESA PARA NADA.

Pros

En su momento cuando recién la utilizamos era útil, pero al día de hoy con tantas otras plataformas con mas funcionalidades, no vale la pena. Han subido ahora mas sus precios.

Cons

La poca funcionalidad y sincronizacion con otras plataformas. La atencion al cliente es pobre, no te brindan soluciones a problemas, solo te niegan la ayuda. Ademas que me cobraron un año entero (mas caro sin avisar) y cuando me queje 20 días despues (antes del mes) no me quisieron reembolsar el dinero. $321 al agua, cuando ya no usamos la plataforma.

Reasons for choosing Benchmark Email

En su momento porque era mas economica, ya no lo es.

Reasons for switching to Benchmark Email

Esto fue hace 3 años, cuando buscabamos una mejor plataforma. Al dia de hoy hay otras plataformas mas economicas que tienen varias funcionalidades todas integradas por el mismo precio.

Manuel

August 2022

Email through this app is inexpensive and comes with an excellent user interface

When choosing an email marketing service, I primarily considered well-known tools. I reviewed the free demo versions of these tools when making a comparison. One tool in particular stood out above the rest: Benchmark Email. I started using it immediately without any need for a manual. Additionally, its price is cheaper than other domestic email sending tools. The reporting features are also easy to comprehend and understand. Therefore, I recommend Benchmark Email to anyone that has recently switched to an email marketing tool and isn't fluent in marketing automation terminology.

Pros

Email marketing consists of many different functions. These include setting up segments, measuring open and click thru rates and pausing delivery. It's also extremely cost-effective if it can create landing pages and is easy to use. Programming knowledge is not required to use these functions, workshops are held for this purpose. This app provides easy-to-use email software with a reasonable price. Even if you don't know how to use it, you can still create attractive emails with intuitive operations. The app makes it simple to view information like the open rate

Cons

Even though it currently has limited functionality, it would be great if the EMA tool was more than just a mailing list. I hope it eventually becomes the best tool that's more than just a middle-of-the-road tool like MA.

Reasons for choosing Benchmark Email

By comparison to the man-hours spent preparing mail for delivery by the USPS, two-thirds fewer man-hours are required. Touching links for post-delivery reports is easy, and these reports can be quickly viewed. This speeds up the process for people clicking on links as they approach.

Reasons for switching to Benchmark Email

HTML emails through this system is possible without any domain knowledge. Additionally, many people report higher open rates for their newsletters since using Benchmark Email.

Happy customer

Overall I enjoy using it very much.

Pros

Unlike other email programs, benchmark allows me to send as many emails as I need without having to pay extra. I think benchmark is one of the only platforms that allows me to pay on the basis of the number of records and add the number of emails that I send.

Cons

Sometimes there is massive delays in receiving test emails.

Reasons for choosing Benchmark Email

Because they charge you by the number of emails that you send. benchmark does not do that.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Michael, Thank you for your review. Please don't doubt to chat with us if you're encountering issues with our test emails. We'll be glad to help. - Benchmark Team

Replied May 2019

Noel

February 2022

Easy to use email marketing software

Excellent customer service right from the get go

Pros

I like that Benchmark is clean looking and easy to navigate. You can create an email in no time. I like the email templates.

Cons

I don't like that I have to create a segment to email a few people in my list. Also my current website doesn't integrate with Benchmark to save emails. They said they were working on that feature, however. So not Benchmark issue.

Reasons for choosing Benchmark Email

No fuss interfaces and easy to use for my small business. Plus I was connected with a very helpful sales rep

Reasons for switching to Benchmark Email

MailChimp isn't easy to use and has virtually no customer service. I'm a yoga instructor, not an IT specialist

Abed

Industry: Mental Health Care

Benchmark Email

No benefits yet

Pros

Ease of use. Nice design, Makes it easy to track performance

Cons

I have sent the first email yesterday. Out of 409 people, only 75 have viewed the mail so far. No one registered online yet. One concern is that emails go to promotion or to junk. Another, is that marketing for your software is misleading. Is started with the free plan thinking that I can upload up to 2400 contacts and email them. The free plan did not work properly, I was allowed to email 250 persons a month, and I wasnt allowed to upload the contact list because your check found out that I have more than 5% invalid emails ( I believe this is a policy to force upgrading to pro, which we were going to do after testing the performance of benchmark).

Reasons for choosing Benchmark Email

My friends at my other job use benchmark so I would be able to ask them questions. Also it was stated that we are allowed to send 2400 email on Free Plan, I was surprised yesterday that I am only allowed 250 a month. And I had issues uploading the contact list which required that I purchase the pro vrsion.

Craig

An Antiquated Platform With Horrible Customer Service

Benchmark simply didn't meet our needs. Switching to Mailchimp was simple and one of the best decisions we could have made at the time.

Pros

The overall functionality of the system was adequate and did what we needed it to do at the time (2011-2012). System was fairly intuitive

Cons

Bounce rates would change drastically for no apparent reason. Customer support was of no assistance at the time and was located offshore, so they were hard to reach during our normal business hours. We rarely dealt with the same rep, which was time consuming as we had to explain our situation on multiple occasions.

Reasons for switching to Benchmark Email

Benchmark could not explain why our bounce rates were erratic and could therefore not offer any solutions.

September 2022

Used for our monthly investor updates

Great! Just annoying to have emails go to spam.

Pros

I liked how simple it was to create email groups, template emails and email campaigns. It's literally the easiest one to use and I used MailChimp for a long time before switching to Benchmark.

Cons

My emails would often go to Junk. I even "warmed up" my email, but I still had problems.

Brother recommendation.

Brother recommended me.

Juan

Unlimited emails per day, this is how I summarize this efficient platform

In the company where we use this tool, we send between 10,000 and 15,000 emails a day, the most important thing is that at the end of the month there are more than 250,000 emails to our databases, with open rates always above 10% and with tools tracking, landing pages and many other functions we have always stressed that Benchmark Email is the best company of its kind in the world. Others much more recognized may offer the same, but at prices well above what they grant, so you will always be grateful with this tool

Pros

The main feature to highlight is the price (what they provide for that excellent price is hard to match for many other competing companies) and its excellent function of being able to send thousands of emails per day to my lists, without thinking that they will charge me extras or that my emails will end.

Cons

It will sound strange, but in more than 5 years of using this Benchmark Email platform, we have never had problems of any kind, they have always served us excellently, they have always offered us improvements at unbeatable prices and we have never had problems.

Reasons for switching to Benchmark Email

The main issue was the price.

Marcy

Great list management and decent email software

Benchmark helps us communicate with our clients in a way that is both easy for us to use and easy on the eyes (for clients).

Pros

Creating and using lists is very easy, especially with the new upgrades! Adding contacts to lists works well with various options. I tend to upload excel files to make new lists, very easy within Benchmark. I do like that it's easy to merge lists -- and that the software only accepts one contact (if that contact is already on the merge to list). Somewhat easy to use when creating emails -- selecting blocks and design [but the source code isn't as easy to decipher and use (my commands do not seem to "take").] Using attachments and links and media is pretty easy as well. The reports (opens, click thrus etc) are very good! [However with the new interface, it's not as easy to back-track to the original Email Report (I find myself having to choose again from the report list).]

Cons

I don't really like that I can't "re-send" emails on my own schedule (not have to wait 1 week after last send). Also, emails from Benchmark DO get caught up in Junk Spam Trash Promotions folders of recipients and we do need to remind them (often) to check for their email. Also, when "copying" an email to use and re-name as a new email, I do not like that the software selects the "old" contact list to also mail to -- I've mistakenly sent emails to old contact lists and that was not a good thing in my situation.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Marcy, Thanks for your feedback. Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about your concerns, we'll be glad to assist you. - Benchmark Team

Replied June 2019

Brian

Hits the Mark!

We are a Provincial Health Authority covering an area roughly the size of France, and current health related information is critical to our subscribers. Benchmark resolved an issue of timely, wide reach that we had been trying to resolve.

Pros

The best part of this software is the ability to plan the reach in advance so our contacts are kept 'in the know' even when the editor is otherwise occupied with meetings, conferences, etc. We have three separate weekly and bi weekly going out to three different audiences, covering 2,500 individual contacts, and we can pre-populate weeks in advance and backfill where necessary at the last min, or just let the information go as scheduled.

Cons

The learning curve was steep, but short. We had a couple of false starts to begin with, but learned from our errors. Line spacing can be an issue. Even when the preview shows single spaced sometimes the publication comes out 1.5 or double spaced - not a big problem for our use, but we get some calls from our constituents about "weird formatting".

Response from Benchmark

Hello Brian, Thank you for your feedback and great rating. Chat with us to help you with the formatting of your email, sometimes something as small as copying and pasting can affect the format. - Benchmark Team

Replied June 2019

Jaden Rose

June 2022

Easy to Use Email Marketing

I think this is a good free software to use for basic email marketing.

Pros

I liked using this email marketing software when I was just getting started. It had a free and cheap first tier account. I used the forms to integrate onto my website. I also sent out weekly emails to my list. I also used some of the "light" email automations.

Cons

In order to use more complex email automations, you have to switch over to a paid tier.

Reasons for switching to Benchmark Email

Form integration and automations.

Judith