• Pros

• "It works.. Once set up everything is in place, send test mail, adjust, send again, adjust... as many times as you like... then send and it works instantly with statistics that are always instant!"

• "I use this for every email blast I send out to customers. Its super easy to use and does the job with great reporting!"

• "I like the sort and filter features for contacts. The reports are useful and the most features are very easy to use."

• Cons

• "The one thing that is bothersome is the "touchiness" of being locked out - but I totally get the reasoning"

• "Some of the templates and the design of the platform look really old and could use a facelift. Otherwise, great platform."

• "Cost. While it is not the main con, cost is always going to be an issue. There are times when we have not clicked the correct box and not sure which box was not clicked. "

Browse Campaigner Reviews

Kristi from Wine Cellar Innovations

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Use What You Know

We send a weekly email to 40k users and this program has worked for us for the last 8 years.

Pros

This program was already in use when I joined the company and the learning curve was minimal. It has all the standard templates, contacts, and reports that you would need. Every time I have called customer service, they have been helpful.

Cons

Working with the templates can be really finicky. It can be difficult to get it to do what you want at times. It is also not as user friendly as MailChimp, for instance. Their reporting is there but you have to do click more time to get to it and comparing email sends can be annoying the way it's laid out.

Response from j2 Global

Replied October 2018

Hi Kristi, Thank you for leaving a review of Campaigner. We are happy to hear that the platform works well for you and your team. We also appreciate th feedback you provided and have passed it along to our product team. If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact us. -The Campaigner Team

Gurpreet from The Logit Group

Industry: Market Research

Easy to use!

Any time I've had questions or issues with Campaigner, Customer Support has been able to help. Whether it was a temporary power outage that prevented invites from being delivered to providing the domain/ip to prevent invites from being sent to junk mail. Campaigner makes good to deliver on their promises. I don't dread having to reach out to Customer Support because I know Campaigner will help me every time.

Pros

Being able to pull up old invites and using them as a foundation for new projects makes working on Campaigner very easy. The customization options are not limited and allow me to create unique invites and format them based on project specific needs. The reporting tool is extremely helpful and creating internal reports has never been easier with the stats breakdown (i.e. clicked, opened, delivered, etc.). Overall, a great product and much easier to use than other similar platforms.

Cons

I don't always receive test invites. I might get it once in a while but end up always having to send out an actual invite to myself or team member so that I can view what my recipients will see.

Andrew from Mennta Energy Solutions

Industry: Oil & Energy

Long time user

Campaigner is a reliable and flexible software that has allowed us to grow our e-marketing campaigns.

Pros

We have been using Campaigner for about a decade and it has been a reliable and user-friendly software. They have worked to keep the upgrading the functionality over the years.

Cons

The reporting on clicks is very painful and manual. I'd really like to the ability to download a report that shows me who clicked on the campaign and the name of the link they clicked on with all the contact details. At the moment, we spend hours manually doing this.

Response from j2 Global

Replied June 2019

Hi Andrew, Thanks so much for the review and thank you for being a loyal customer. Your feedback on reporting has been reported to our product team. If you have any additional questions or comments you would like to share please do let us know. Thanks so much The Campaigner Team

Scott from Cumberland Hill Neighborhood Association

Much to be desired

We understand Campainer is not just an email program, but they don't seem very interested in our suggestions along the way. It's disappointing that in all these years, there hasn't been any kind of redesign for ease of use. At what we are being charged monthly; we are likely going to shop around and see if there is something better matched for our needs, and priced more competitively.

Pros

We use it for simple email blasts to our neighborhood association. We don't use it for marketing campaigns, so therefore do not have the need for some of the functionality available with Campaigner. For our needs it works.

Cons

Ease of use. It is not intuitive, and they haven't done any kind of software or GUI redesign since we started using it (6+ years ago). Making a template should be a lot easier than it is: Creating and editing templates has a lot of old graphic (frames?) technology that makes for a frustrating experience when trying to line up text blocks with headers, footers and images. Writing an email with attachments should be easier. Having to upload a file/image to the media library, and then importing it into your email is a lot of steps. Instead, allow a person to add a file/image to an email note in the same simple fashion as any other email client works: add a paper clip button and allow us to select the file to add to the note. That seems like it should have been done a long time ago. Also, if you accidentally remove a person from an email list, you have to call up Campaigner support to get it fixed; you can't manually fix it yourself. Very annoying.

Response from j2 Global

Replied October 2018

Hi Scott, Thank you for taking the time to review the platform. We appreciate the feedback you provided in regard to the platform and have passed the feedback on to our product team. If you have any additional issues or questions please feel free to let us know. -The Campaigner Team

DJ from Covered Bridge Capital

Design with functionality

We are able to automate a portion of our sales process and reach a lot more possible clients in a short amount of time. We are also able to send visually appealing email campaigns to current clients.

Pros

The reason I chose to use Campaigner over all of the other email marketing software companies is because it allowed me to have the option to fully design the email by writing code, but also gave me the ability to design the email using templates and other built in design tools.

Cons

One thing that I would change is to make sending reoccurring emails to different lists easier. I find that I wind up copying previous emails just so I can assign a new list of recipients.

Alex from Medical Practice

Awful for designing emails

We use Campaigner to send reminders, newsletters, and promotions. We have three staff members that use Campaigner and we use it on a daily basis. The benefit of Campaigner (for my company) is that it allowed us to create a plan that suited our needs, for a far more affordable price than the competitors. I quickly learned to use Campaigner's email builder as infrequently as possible. If you're considering Campaigner, make sure that you have a lot of patience.

Pros

Affordability - the main reason I continue to use Campaigner is that it is BY FAR the most affordable option for my company's needs. Customizable plans - With Campaigner we were able to set up a plan based on monthly emails, and not contacts (as is the case with most email marketing platforms) which allows us to send infrequent emails to our large customer base.

Cons

Frustrating to build emails - "Glitchy" doesn't even begin to describe the absolutely nonsensical malfunctions that occur while designing an email in the campaign builder. Random spacing, broken links, and font reassignment are just a few of the issues I have come across using the Campaigner provided tools. Not once, but TWICE, has the program completely erased parts of my email template after HOURS of work. Total waste of time. The email builder is THE LEAST user-friendly software I have ever worked with. Questionable customer service - I called customer service to make a short-term increase to my email limit (it was supposed to be ONE MONTH) and I had to call multiple times over the course of THREE MONTHS before our account was set back to normal. I'm still not sure if the rep flat out lied to me, or if he just managed to forget to do something multiple times. My associates have also had run-ins with Campaigner support being rude and condescending when calling for assistance. If you're going to run a platform that doesn't work half of the time, maybe work on having better customer support...

Dave from Winecurrent

Good value for the money

The experience has been more or less good. The times I have needed to contact customer support, they have been amazingly responsive and helpful.

Pros

I prefer the full editor approach to creating our newsletter emails. It makes it easy to copy information from our website to the newsletter. The sending out of draft message is easy, as is the eventual scheduling of the newsletter.

Cons

The count of our current mailing list is not displayed in a useful manner. I believe it is reporting the entire size of the list, not just the number of active subscribers. It makes our list appear much larger than it really is.

Reasons for Choosing Campaigner

The better ease of use of the alternatives is not worth the additional price.

sheren from Encore Real Estate Investment Services

Commercial Real Estate

Pros

I like the thought that was put into the little details such as, being able to put in a subject to any email link when linking to an image or text. I appreciate that because our Constant Contact account is very complicated when adding a subject to an email link.

Cons

It's a little complicated to use. I've had multiple issues adding and changing minor things to the blast. Sometimes you add a photo and boom its huge and you have to get in there and minimize it; sometimes you have to minimize the width and not the length. It's not as user friendly as Constant contact. The functionality of constant contact is very straightforward and consistent. For example, if you need to add an image somewhere to your blast, just drag the image icon to the area of choice; if you want to add a button, then just drag the button to where you like. We currently use both CC and campaigner and had thought of switching to campaigner which is why we started testing it out but cannot because we are very busy and need to be able to move through setting things up quickly. That's the thing holding us back from switching.

Lisa from Holiday Gift Check Program

Great Way to Stay in Touch with Customers

This was an easy and cost effective way to get promotions and information to our clients. It allows us to get updated information in an easy way.

Pros

This is an easy way to keep in contact with our customers. It's easy to see who did or didn't open an email so that we aren't bothering the ones that already did! Very easy to use and manage contacts and lists. Like that you can schedule when you want an email to go out so that you can load and manage ahead of time.

Cons

Occasionally I will get a bounced email and when I try to find them in a list, it doesn't come up.

n/a

Diana from Digital to Dealer Direct

Pros

Campaigner is easy to use and relatively inexpensive compared to other database marketing tools out there.

Cons

Seems slightly outdated. Constant Contact's dashboard seems more updated and easier to use but it's more expensive.

Cost

Faith from Legal Education

Worst customer service and platform ever - plus they unsubscribed all of my customers and didn't let me know

Pros

Nothing I can think of at this moment. You can see under "cons" what I really think of their product.

Cons

1) They have terrible customer service. Most of their CS reps on the phone are rude, unfriendly and unhelpful. Their standard response is to tell you to look up one of their online training videos. They don't want to take the time to help with anything or answer any questions. This has been going on for two years. I just spent 20 minutes - yes 20 minutes - waiting for their online chat guy to answer a simple question: "I sent an email in earlier today - can you let me know if you'll respond by email or I need to check your message center, and about how long is your average response time." Yep, 20 minutes waiting for their customer service representative to answer that one simple question. I gave up and disconnected after prompting him multiple times. 2) Last year they accidentally unsubscribed almost all of my customer database - 10K names - and didn't tell me. Because of the nature of our emails, we didn't notice for about two months - what a disaster. They said "oh that happens," didn't apologize and did not give any type of credit. They did, however, restore the unsubscribes as they found the exact time they did it. 3) The platform is clunky and the searches and segmenting are difficult to use. They do not have an easy way to do a date range search for bounces, or other things. 4) We get conflicting answers when we call customer service. In other words - it's a really really terrible platform with terrible people. We've been using ESPs for 14 years. We decided to use Campaigner about two years ago for our customer emailing only, based on someone's recommendation. It was a big mistake. Avoid at all costs.

carina from nonchalantmom

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

I have been using campaigner for about 10 years and my experience is always good, tech support great

nothing really

Pros

great tech support! I probably would have gone to another service but your text support is so good - I love the fact that I can talk to a real person, I don't have to wait on hold forever and they are always kind, even when I am not such a tech savvy person, they are still patient and helpful.

Cons

the interface is a bit PC, in that I mean it's not very intuitive, it's not visually pleasing, which I think if you want to show people how to send out well-designed pleasing emails to their customer it should be more graphically interesting. I completely create my own emails and I do not use any of your templates because they are not designed well.

Response from j2 Global

Replied May 2018

Hi Carina, Thank you for taking the time to review our platform. We love all the feedback and have passed it along to our team. If you have any questions feel free to let us! -The Campaigner Team

myles from Myles Mellor Theme Crosswords

Useful platform for contacting my clients and prospects

It helps my business keep in touch with my clients and with people who buy my services

Pros

Easy to use, functional. I was able to set up well with lots of help from customer service. Now I am familiar with it and I use it every 1-2 months. I don't believe in pounding people with emails every week. It's great to have the stats from the emails to see how the subject lines are working. I had some problems in the past with some of my lists but that was sorted out with help from sales and customer service.

Cons

It's quite expensive for my small business. Probably need to prune down my databases. I have no idea how to do that and I am not sure if the contacts duplicate between different lists. I really don't have a lot of complaints about campaigner. I find the service way better than constant contact which was awful.

Response from j2 Global

Replied June 2018

Hi Myles, Thanks so much for reviewing our platform. We are excited to hear of your success with Campaigner. Our platform does not add duplicate contacts to the add, it only counts it as one even if it appears in multiple lists. If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us. -The Campaigner Team

Kim from KL Creations

I use campaigner to send multiple campaigns daily. Downtime is rare & customer service is excellent!

Pros

Easy to use, statistics, copying campaigns, friendliness & knowledge of staff/support, I can insert a jpg file or create or copy & paste HTML

Cons

I would like the ability to see what percentage of each of my lists opens each campaign so I can modify accordingly. Would like the sign up sheet to alphabetize areas so clients can easily pick which list they would like to be a part of.

Response from j2 Global

Replied September 2017

Hi Kim, Thanks for the positive review. We are so pleased you are enjoying our service. We work hard to make sure every client receives personal attention and quick responses from our customer support team. We appreciate the product feedback and have sent it over to the product team. If you have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact us. -The Campaigner Team

My Preferred System

I use campaigner to prepare newsletters for a State Representative and send them out to a large constituent base. Campaigner gives me the flexibility to develop a template that is easy to use and easy to read. Compared to the other systems I use, I much prefer campaigner and wish that more of my clients would use this system.

Pros

I have used several systems during the past several years, and my favorite is Campaigner - it is very intuitive, user friendly and incredibly flexible as templates go.

Cons

Like many systems, the constraints of templates and other considerations sometimes make it desirable or necessary to use the actual code to best format newsletters. I found that to be the case with Campaigner - but, no more so than most other systems - and Campaigner is very accommodating to downloading code, updating offline, and reloading updated code for the final newsletter.

Response from j2 Global

Replied June 2019

Hi there, Your review made us smile! We are happy to hear that we are your go-to email platform. We appreciate your feedback very much and we have passed it along to our product team. If there is anything else you would like to share please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks! The Campaigner Team

Tim from Aptivada

Industry: Online Media

Campaigner has been my company's newsletter resell solution for over 2 years.

The ability to offer a newsletter solution to our clients.

Pros

The depth of Campaigner is very nice. They have a lot of tools and functionality that allow for strategic and detailed email marketing campaigns. Their customer support is responsive and ready to answer any questions one might have.

Cons

The dashboard, itself, looks a bit dated. I know that's only for backend users eyes, but there could be some updates to intuitive features, like drag and drop email builds.

Response from j2 Global

Replied September 2017

Hi Tim, Thank you for taking the time to review our platform. We are happy to hear that our platform has the tools and feature to help you and your customers build effective email marketing campaigns. We appreciate the feedback you provided about our dashboard, we have passed it over to our product team. If you run into any issues or have questions do not hesitate to contact us! We will be more than happy to help in any way we can. -The Campaigner Team

Audrey from Engrain

I got a bit lost with the overall design but we have used the system for years and years.

Pros

Does the job for the price point and flexibility. We have explored using other competitors but have never pulled the trigger based on what Campaigner has to offer.

Cons

The overall designing of the email was a bit over my head at times. Also, adding in first names fields was not designed well in the software. If I recall, you could drag that field into the body, however, the correct way to do this was not with a drag. Or perhaps that was opposite, it's been awhile since I used it. Either way, I did it wrong, even though in the email it had the field in place, it actually showed up as, Hi (insert first name) instead of actually inserting their first name. This went out to a large email before our biggest trade show and had so many people forward this back to us. Embarrassing. Now I have to double test but the system should not have allowed you to add this field without it pulling the data behind it.

Response from j2 Global

Replied April 2018

Hi Audrey, Thank you for taking the time to review our platform. We appreciate the feedback. If you have any other comments or questions feel free to to let us know! -The Campaigner Team

Paula from Professional Engineers Ontario

We send out out HQ campaigns and control of 36 chapters campaigns, Solution worked. The team I wor

Ease of mind

Pros

Once it was set up, it was very easy to use. Reporting was fast, once you figured out how to use it. Staff were friendly . Users ( 39) had very little problems using project with minimal direction.

Cons

You cannot delete from list, you just make inactive. Our membership jumps controlled list. removing them would be our preference.

Response from j2 Global

Replied January 2018

Hi Paula, Thanks for taking the time to post a review online! We are happy to hear the ease of use with our platform and we hope you continue to see success in the future. We also appreciate the feedback in regard to the list management and have passed it along to our development team. If you have any questions in the future please do not hesitate to let us know. -The Campaigner Team

Really big disappointment - AVOID this ESP

Really disappointing experience they charged me a lot of money and it was a year contract when features which were vital were not working i asked to pause billing till i could use the platform - i tried to negotiate instead they made general promises and when i asked specifically to pause billing so i can use it they locked me into a recurring billing despite many tech glitches and features not working. Now I am forced to dispute with my credit card company which is first time this year and something i almost never do. I dont recall ever being locked into such an expensive long term contract where so much inflexibility was shown especially when They promise a lot and deliver little. Also the PCMag review says Campaigner is great but Campaigner and PCMag are owned by the same parent company, i wish i had not read that review. Look at the review prior to mine also it seems that their service is deteroarting .

Pros

If the platform actually worked like it was supposed to and customer support was actually there i could mention 24/7 support and great features but this has not been the case at all Mailchimp and Mailigen both of which i reviewed are far far better bets

Cons

Customer service is supposedly 24/7 but when i would go to chat with them online they were usually unavailable even during normal business hours. My dedicated account manager would not answer emails and when i had tech issues he would ant to schedule conference calls to give vague assurances even when the issues were specifically tech related and from their end. Also when i first signed up it took weeks to solve the issue which turned out to be related to a program many use (think like IOS) and they do not plan a fix anytime soon. So if you use this very popular sofgtwar you cannot use Campaigner on it for foreseeable future

Eric from Second Skin Audio

Very User Friendly

Ease of use and track-ability on subject line options.

Pros

The ease of use is the best, the templates for all the holidays and situations rock. It is great how it integrates with our business Facebook also. The tracking features are wonderful, you can see the click rate for each link in the email. The duel subject line option works well. Really like the total package and customer service has helped us every time we needed it. The scheduled sends for future sales or events is a great tool to have.

Cons

I wish it had a spam checker like our old software, which would give you a (%) of spamminess and show you which words were causing the rating. Sometimes we run into glitches using Google Chrome along with spelling/grammar apps, but easily solved by using any other browser or shutting off grammar app.

Response from j2 Global

Replied March 2018

Hi Eric Thank you for leaving a review of Campaigner. We are so happy to hear of your success with our platform. Thanks for the platform feedback as well, we have passed it on to our product team. If you have any other suggestions or questions in the future please feel free to reach out. -The Campaigner Team

Jillian from PlatformQ Education

review

i've used campaign through fire engine red as an end user, as well as a re-seller at platformq education. both experiences have been "meh". it does what we need it to do, but we run into small bugs and quirks that are annoying, the admin screen and the reporting aren't great, and the email templates are difficult to customize. i've had mixed experiences with various members on the customer service team. our old customer service rep was great. since then its been downhill.

Pros

Simple is better, so that makes it easy for non-experienced users to learn.

Cons

The email builder can be buggy sometimes, and I've found dynamic segments to be unreliable.

Amanda from The Logit Group, Inc.

Industry: Market Research

Quick and Easy to Use!

We crossed over from another platform Streamsend, and the integration was very seamless. Was able to pick-up Campaigner pretty quickly with minimal support. Overall, thumbs-up. I enjoy this platform more then the former.

Pros

There is a great feature which I have not found on other platforms whereby you can upload lists separately and still send them as a part of the same campaign. Re-sending campaigns is also very simple. User-friendly for first time users.

Cons

There should be a legend for mail merge fields that shows if they are valid/ working and what they are mapped to. One of my campaigns did not send one time because I had incorrectly labelled the mail merge field and I could not figure it out.

Gaurav from FOX RENT-A-CAR

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great tool to send out Notification via API (integrate in your product)

Pros

We integrate with Campaigner using their API and it is easy to use and integrate with all tokens and cc list you can pass in the API

Cons

More features should be there like Subscription based notifications etc.

Response from j2 Global

Replied June 2019

Hi Gaurav, Thank you for taking the time to review Campaigner. We are happy to hear you are enjoying your experience so far. We also appreciate the feedback in regard to the additional features. We have passed it along to our product team. If you have any additional questions or comments please do let us know. Thanks -The Campaigner Team

Sarah from Charolais Banner

Campaigner Review

We love how we can easily, mass contact all of our contacts with Campaigner. It is quick, easy, and very user friendly. You can preview and edit your email blast before you send it out, saving us from being inefficient. One of our staff just started using it, and is very comfortable using it because it is so user friendly and easy to use.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. You can easily search to see if the contact email is already in your mailing lists. We are able to have multiple lists to serve our needs. I love how you can use the back button to go back to what you were working on.

Cons

I dislike how sometimes you get an error stating that the attachment is too big, when in fact it is not. Often times, if you restart your email blast with the same attachment it will work, it is just a glitch in the system. But other than that, we are very pleased with the software.

George from KloudReadiness, LLC

Campaigner is invaluable in regularly reaching out to my customers and prospects.

See review...

Pros

The ability to quickly and efficiently frame and then launch a communication to my customers is an essential element that Campaigner brings to the table that is invaluable. This combined with Campaigner' exceptional reporting capabilities provide me with a comprehensive tool that is usable and effective. In addition, the flexible monthly billing cycle allows me to align my marketing costs with the revenue generating activities that Campaigner aids us in driving. Lastly, the Campaigner platform is provided at a superb price point. Every campaign pays for itself in short order. All told, it is by far the best use of my limited marketing dollars.

Cons

I wish the Smart Email Builder's canned templates looked more like what is possible if you happen to be an HTML master.

Response from j2 Global

Replied January 2018

Hello George, Thank you for taking the time to review our platform. We are happy to hear that our platform has the tools and features to help you build effective email marketing campaigns. We appreciate your feedback in regard to the Smart Email Builder and have passed it on to the product team. If you have any questions in the future please do not hesitate to reach out to us at feedback@campaigner.com -The Campaigner Team

Kevin from Professional Engineers of Ontario

simple, easy yet powerful Email Marketing system

It is a great email marketing tool. Our organization have been using campaigner for years.

Pros

- efficient and easy to use Web User Interface - flexible and customizible fields in addition to the standard fields set - Restful API integrations with wide ranges of system coverage - reports of email campaign's results

Cons

- multiple accounts in a organizational level not able to share contacts data set

Meghan from Avalon Flooring

Campaigner review

We use campaigner to send all of our consumer facing emails. We recently starting using the responsive design templates for a small segment of our emails but have found it challenging to recreate the brand look we strive for. But the customer support has been great for troubleshooting and problem solving.

Pros

The one on one customer support is great. It's nice to have support for reporting, strategy and functionality questions.

Cons

The platform itself is not the most user friendly. The toolbar at the top is dated - the icons aren't intuitive - and sometimes there are weird bugs (can't click to unbold text, font colors won't load, text won't align properly, etc.)

Nabeel from Tulip Inn Muscat - Hotel

Campaigner Vs Stream Send

It is a bit difficult for me to do forward for an old e-mail. I had to copy the e-mail and do a lot of steps which was not the case before when I was using Stream Send

Pros

The interface looks more attractive than Stream Send one

Cons

E-mail forward not an easy process comparing with Stream Send

Brian from ERIS

It works. It takes some use and practice to become real familiar and proficient.

Pros

It supports key features we need like unsubscribe facility, reporting, etc. It has supported our email communications and campaigns well.

Cons

Seems very slow to process any action submitted; and can be quirky sometimes...especially during edit mode

Response from j2 Global

Replied April 2018

Hello Brian, Thanks for taking the time to review our platform. We appreciate the product feedback and have passed it on to our team. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact us. -The Campaigner Team

Kelly from Clean Air America, Inc.

Industry: Industrial Automation

Campaigner is a big asset to what I do every day - try to get my business name out.

Getting my name out

Pros

Ease of use, price, and value for money! The setup, input, and reports are easy to use and very helpful.

Cons

Response from j2 Global

Replied May 2018

Hi Kelly! Thank you so much for the glowing review! We are happy to hear that Campaigner is a big asset for you and your business. If you have any suggestions or comments in the future please do not hesitate to contact us. -The Campaigner Team

Suri from Brevity

Excellent product

Well-structured, well-supported, and fully-featured. Campaigner has a vast set of tools to allow us to customize our emails with personalized information. The reports and analytics are best-in-class. We use this for internal communications in a large (10,000+ employees) company with offices spread across the U.S. I'd recommend taking with a grain of salt reviews from a person (who clearly posted twice) who is too disorganized/lazy to end their free trial. The fact that Campaigner gives s 30-day free trial is, by itself, a really good feature for those trying it out. Just make sure you're not too lazy to cancel if you no longer want the service.

Pros

Great feature set, easy to learn.

Response from j2 Global

Replied September 2017

Hi Suri, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. We are so happy to hear of your pleasant experience. If you have any questions or concern in the future please do not hesitate to contact us! Have a great day! -The Campaigner Team

Campaigner Review

Campaigner has been an integral tool in the building and branding of our organization.

Pros

The things I like the most about campaigner are: the detailed analytics they provide, the ability to set up drip campaigns, and the customer service which is top notch.

Cons

There is very little to dislike about campaigner as a e-mail service - although if I did have to pick one thing it would be the stock templates are a little bit limited (I design it in dreamweaver and drop in custom html)

Response from j2 Global

Replied June 2019

Hi there, Reviews like yours really make us happy! We are so happy to know that our platform has been an integral tool in the building and branding of your business. Your feedback about our editor has been noted and will be shared with our product team. Thanks so much for your review, let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. The Campaigner Team

The Campaigner Support team has been very helpful to me and always available.

Pros

I like that it will automatically send out emails every day to whomever is on my list(s) based on criteria.

Cons

It took me a very long time (months) to learn how the software worked as I am just a small business owner and not a tech person.

Response from j2 Global

Replied October 2018

Hi there Thanks so much for leaving a review of our platform. We are happy to hear that you enjoy using Campaigner. If you have any other question do not hesitate to contact us. -The Campaigner Team

Marisa from Coldwell Banker Caine

Good tool for our specific needs, but could be easier to use

Pros

We like the fact that we can send on behalf of our real estate agents and assign each contact to an owner. We have not found another product that can do that.

Cons

It is not the easiest tool to use and not as up to date with features and functionality as other tools out there. It is also frustrating that we cannot upgrade our own account - you have to ask support to do that. I believe live chat is the only way to talk to their support team. Wish you could call or email as well.

Response from j2 Global

Replied October 2018

Hi Marisa, Thank you for reviewing Campaigner! We are happy to hear that you like our product. In regard to reaching our support team, you can also reach then via phone at 888 845 4544 or by email at support@campaigner.com. The team is available 24/7. If you have any other question do not hesitate to contact us. -The Campaigner Team

Shelley from Buddy Bike, LLC

I like Campaigner and feel its benefits are worth the cost. I would refer others to use it.

Simplicity.

Pros

Cons

When sorting contacts, after removing or updating a contact it continually resets rather than returning to the previous screen. It is time consuming when making multiple record updates. I also don't receive notices when contacts remove themselves so I have to look for them monthly in order to remove them from my other list.

Response from j2 Global

Replied January 2018

Hi Shelley, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. It means a lot to our staff that you took time out of your day to post a positive review about our platform. We have noted your concerns in regard to contacts and have shared with the product team. If you have any comments or questions in the future do not hesitate to contact us. -The Campaigner Team

Sara from Bifrost Marketing

Mostly Amazing, but Glitchy

We saw an increase in deliverability when we sent our emails compared to a prior software.

Pros

I love the many, many template options. As someone in marketing, it's important to me that my clients' emails aren't boring or repetitive. The customer service is responsive and helpful.

Cons

It's VERY glitchy. I'm constantly running into issues. For example, I'm comparing people who didn't open our emails in the past three months with the people who didn't open our emails with the company we (foolishly) used before Campaigner. Sometimes when I delete emails, it will put them out of order, and it won't put them back in order without a lot of work. I've been working on this for three weeks. Additionally, sometimes pictures won't load or it won't show that I have any files uploaded. I haven't yet found a way to add social media icons, though some templates offer them, but that could be user error.

Response from j2 Global

Replied May 2018

Hi Sara, Thank you for taking the time to review our platform. We appreciate the platform feedback and have passed it along to our product team. If you have any questions or additional feedback feel free to let us know! -The Campaigner Team

Ryan from Timeshares

I LOVE Campaigner!

Pros

I use this software for all my email campaigns. It has easy to use templates that make emailing SO EASY!

Cons

Response from j2 Global

Replied March 2018

Hi Ryan, Thank you so much for the positive review of our platform. We hope you continue to see success with Campaigner. If you have any questions in the future do not hesitate to contact us! -The Campaigner Team

Michael from Design 2, Inc

Pros

It is relatively easy to use. The support has been good so far.

Cons

Was a long time Streamsend user. When we were forced to migrate to Campaigner, we were told that nothing would change which was not true. We pay more than double for the same volume.

Joanne from GetControl.net

Love the Editing Feature

At first, this was not a very intuitive software for me but your customer support has always been available to answer my questions and assist me.

Pros

I like the ease of the editing feature. It allows me to preview my campaign and click on the links to make sure they work. It is very easy to navagiate.

Cons

I wish there was a way for me to tell how many emails I was sending to the moment I send it - I select from multiple lists for each campaign and would like to have a counter available so I can choose the correct lists. We are limited to 100,000 / month so I usually do 2 campaigns of 50,000. This feature would be helpful.

Carolyn from Akademos

Good enough to not shop around for other vendors

Pros

reporting features are easy to access and compare with other emails we send out. That's all i have to say but there's a 100 character min requirement.

Cons

Design/templates more difficult to use/adapt than I'd want it to be. We have limited design experience for emails so we look for easy to adopt email layouts.

Response from j2 Global

Replied June 2018

Hi Carolyn, Thank you so much for reviewing Campaigner. We apolgize for the template issues, we are looking to add more templates soon that requires less work on the customers end. Keep an eye out. If you have any additional questions please let us know. -The Campaigner Team

Kathryn from Guideline Central

Industry: Publishing

I like the idea of this, but not easy to use

It's been neutral. We were a Streamsend customer before they were bought out. I like the price but everything else is really not intuitive.

Pros

Cost is the biggest pro for this software. It's much cheaper than their competitors and I like that you don't have to pay per contact.

Cons

I have a really hard time getting emails to appear properly as coded. The campaigner system seems to manipulate or change things that shouldn't be changed. It also seems to have a good bit of bugs in it.

Louise from King Realty Group

Things I feel should change

Pros

I like that you can send to multiple agents at one time.

Cons

The program is not as easy to navigate as the previous "Streamsend" was. There are too many steps to take before you actually send your flyer. I am pretty computer savvy, so if I'm having trouble, I wonder how many others are??

Sharon from Farming

it worked fine for my use

I didn't use all the features of this program. But it worked for me to send out a large amount of emails.

Pros

I felt it was safe to store addresses here. Wasn't bad to use and I'm not real good with computers.

Cons

Some people had problems with e-mails going to their trash. I couldn't delete old templates even though it said I could.

Kristin from Engrain

I've been using Campaigner for over a decade and I love it!

Pros

Campaigner is easy to use and your customer service is OUTSTANDING! And over the years, you've continued to add more and more features that make my job so much easier.

Cons

I recently had a billing issue where my credit card on file had expired over two years ago and we were not informed. Campaigner still allowed us to use their software during this time, but didn't realize we weren't being charged. I found out when our Campaigner account was put on hold and I had to call customer service. I updated the credit card info and all was quickly resolved. Would've been nice to know before the card expired to avoid the hold on the account and the large sum we ended up owing.

Response from j2 Global

Replied March 2018

Hi Kristin, Thanks so much for the wonderful review of our platform. We are so very happy to hear that we are meeting all of your need! We hope you continue to see success. We also appreciate the feedback on the billing system and have passed it along to our team. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you. If you have any questions or issues in the future please do not hesitate to contact us. -The Campaigner Team

Christie from Nova Scotia Nurses' Union

We use Campaigner all the time. It works well for our purposes.

Ease of mass email communication.

Pros

It's an easy way to reach all of our members. Great for weeding out people who have unsubscribed and figuring out whose emails are bouncing. Appreciate the "view in browser" option for those who have issues with the emails.

Cons

It's a bit of a complicated process, at first, to figure out how to set up an email. Once you've done it a few times it's great, but it's not overly intuitive.

Response from j2 Global

Replied June 2018

Hi Christie, Thanks for taking the time to review Campaigner. We are happy to hear our platform is working well for you. We also appreciate the feedback on how our platform works and will pass it along to our product team. If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact us. -The Campaigner Team

rajeev from centum expert home mortgage

Been using it for the past couple of years to connect with client

We could increase our database and have a good segmentation for target audience for email campaigns

Pros

The scheduler and the groupwise client base structure are a good feature for us to use. Also the facility to add new groups as per our requirements are an additional plus.

Cons

Too complicated to edit created campaigns at time in certain modes. Adding videos to the campaigns is impossible.

Response from j2 Global

Replied October 2018

Hi there, Thank you for leaving a review of our platform! We are happy to hear that you enjoy using the platform. A quick fix for adding a video to your email campaigns is to up load the image and link it to the video on your website or youtube page. If you need help please let me know, I would be more than happy to do so. If you have any other question do not hesitate to contact us. -The Campaigner Team

Sarah from Hiscox Inc.

Campaigner Review

Pros

For a reasonable price, Campaigner packs in a punch of functionality.

Cons

Campaigner's service often lags, which can be frustrating when trying to get something done. I've also found the editing feature can be touchy in terms of formatting. But when I call Campaigner Support they always fix the issue.

Justine from Stingray

Industry: Broadcast Media

Campaigner can work but there is a lot of road blocks before you get a functioning email.

Good for big mailing lists a various segments.

Pros

Segmenting is easy. CASL Compliant. Very interesting webinar sessions are often offered. Adding Google Analytics tracking is built-in.

Cons

The system is often very slow. The interface is not friendly. (compare to other engine that are using drag and drop and multiple layouts) The emails are not responsive. Even when we contact the company for a built ''on-measure'' template, the template is hard to use and not responsive. The A/B testing often make the campaigns crash. This lead to campaigns that weren't sent properly and almost no response with the customer service on the week-ends (even on week days to be honest). Reports could be easier to consult and more detailed too.

Response from j2 Global

Replied September 2017

Hi Justine, Thank you for taking the time to review our platform and for bringing these issue to our attention. We read with much concern about the unpleasant experience you encountered and have sent off the feedback you have provided to our product team. We hope to rectify these issues you mentioned as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We are happy to hear that you do enjoy using some of our features. Please do let us know if you have any questions or comments in the future, we will be more than happy to help in any way we can. -The Campaigner Team

Chitta Ranjan from Prime Technology Group

Campaigner an Average Email Marketing Tool

Used campaigner for one of our e-commerce client, though initially it was good but finally moved to Listrak as it provides better support & features.

Pros

I have used campaigner earlier for Email Marketing campaigns. Though its easy to use and set up but limited features. Workflow to send automated emails is one of the best features in this tool. You can create segments easily to send more targeted emails.

Cons

Customer service is not that good, sometimes we also found issues during login. It also never worked well in all browsers. Price is also comparatively high If you compare other tools with similar features.

Julie from Lenox Corporation

East To Use & Good Value

Overall - a good experience.

Pros

I have been using Campaigner for almost 3 years and find it super easy to use. Customer support is great and always makes sure your problem is solved and questions answered.

Cons

Although the dashboard tells you how many e-mails you have sent out I wish they would have a flag of sorts to send a notice that you are close to going to go over your limit or are close to it.

Response from j2 Global

Replied June 2019

Hi Julie, Thanks so much for the positive review of our platform. We are happy to hear things are going well. We appreciate the product feedback and have passed it along to our team. If you have anything additional to share please do not hesitate to contact us. The Campaigner Team