• Pros

• "All the features are easy to use and it has great integration with a lot of lead generation tools which is essential when needing to manage and nurture leads."

• "Ease of setting up workflows and subcriber tags. The ability to qualify my leads with a lead score.. the integrations with other software is awesome!"

• "It's quick and easy to use, and there are some powerful features. Customer service has generally been good. "

• Cons

• "There's a steep learning curve, but it's really as simple as it gets. Not a lot of good support for HTML emails, but that's okay--and they're making improvements."

• "It's not their core service but something Metrilo does great is eCommerce analytics. But Metrilo doesn't have as good integrations and features Drip offers."

• "There are just a few limitations but you can get around them with apps like Zapier."

Browse Drip Reviews

Steve from Music Launch Hub

Best email marketing automation software I've used...and I've used A LOT!

Pros

I've seriously tried it all over the past 5 years. From Campaign Monitor, to Get Response. Infusionsoft to Mailchimp. Convertkit, Active Campaign, and that's just the well-known ones. Some for small stints (think 1 - 3 months) others for longer stints (6 - 12). Drip is the only one that I've been using for well over 12 months and am feeling very comfortable with. Down to why this software is great - simply put, most of it's core functionalities are well thought out and easy to use. But then advanced things can still be done even if you're a novice to marketing automation. Sending drip campaigns, setting up subscribe forms and linking with other software to create automatons, all super easily done. Overall is a really well thought out piece of software, and the easiest to use considering its power.

Cons

Some things are quite tricky to do. For example, you would expect to be able to set a simple trigger link in an email, except that requires setting up a completely separate automation. You can't set triggers to happen at certain times, and it can be a pain to get your email template looking good (plain templates are awesome but sometimes you just want to be able to adjust things to make it more personal). Adding call-to-action buttons to emails is also insanely difficult, simply getting the colors to match your own brand is impossible. But all these are minor gripes in the grand scheme of things!

Response from Leadpages

Replied August 2018

Hi Steve, Everyone here at Drip appreciates the time you took to write us a review! Since your review just a couple of months ago, we have actually launched the Visual Builder for all of your emailing needs! No more trouble adding call-to-action buttons or getting the colors to match your brand. The new Visual Builder allows you to easily build big, beautiful emails outfitted with images and brand styling for when you need to do more showing instead of telling All the formatting. Zero coding. Thanks again, Sam from Drip

So many possibilities with Shopify

Drip solved problems we didn't even know we had. For example, we are able to automate a lot of our social and email marketing through Drip before a team member takes leave of absence so things aren't going to hurt as bad for the team as a result. We could not do that previously and would have had to leave money on the table while they were gone (we are a small company.) Currently we have really just focused on our brick and mortar business with Drip but I anticipate when we ramp it up for our ecomm store we will see some really interesting results there too. Our overall experience has been very positive.

Pros

If you sell a lot of different types of products and customers, Drip's ability to help you segment people automatically is amazing. We switched from MailChimp to Drip when Shopify broke and MC broke up but we also needed something more robust for our click and brick as our ecomm started to take off. I love that you can trigger events based on actions like when a subscriber clicks on a certain page on your website and the Facebook custom audience integration is very useful and has upped our targeting strategy on social too. Looking back on what we were doing with MailChimp vs. Drip, I kind of just laugh. They're hard to even compare. This is a full blown marketing and CRM suite and Mailchimp just sends emails. I still feel like I have more I can learn and do with Drip which is exciting. Support is very helpful and quick.

Cons

The email builder is improving but needs work still-you need to really inbox test because it will not save you from yourself. Images are skewed in some email clients if you check the "constrain image" box for example, so don't check that box! There are some other weird bugs in it but they just came out with a new version which is for sure an improvement. You can now select your products from your Shopify store which is HUGE but I would love more flexibility on integrating products and collections dynamically. The alt text doesn't work in the builder which seems weird to me and I don't have a big enough team to hand code the amount of eblasts we send. I want to add I don't think this is for the casual marketer. In other words, you could get overwhelmed very easily by the bells and whistles so while this is awesome for marketing automation geeks, I would make sure it isn't too complicated for your business goals.

Troy from Lensabl

Great And Easy To Use ESP

Pros

The design and interface is beautiful and very easy to use. I can imagine that even people completely new to email marketing would figure it out very easily. Great email builder tool. Easy to integrate.

Cons

Our primary issue was with the magento integration and it only pulling in some of our customer data. Ex: It would show that we had just over 10k customers, which is a fraction of the real number. When we switched to Klaviyo it displayed correctly.

Eugen from Baeldung

State of Drip - post LeadPages acquisition

Drip used to be great. Really great. I've been with them since the very early days and I never had any problems. Plus, their support was excellent. Unfortunately, after the LeadPages acquisition, things started getting progressively worse. Not right away, but slowly, automation started failing, workflows would get stuck, or simply not fire for no particular reason, etc. And support times got slowly worse until the crazy point we're at today, with support getting back with feedback after more than a week almost each and every time. I never thought I'd be writing a negative review for Drip of all things. But, here I am, planning my migration.

Pros

The automation is top-notch. When it works.

Cons

The automation simply doesn't work all the time. For now particular reason, workflows get stuck, or just don't fire. Tags get applied twice. And support is, well, they're just not there. The support wait-times on my last few issues was litteraly always 8-9 days until the first answer from them.

Response from Drip

Replied December 2018

Hello, Eugen, Thanks for putting your trust in Drip these past few years and for taking the time to tell us about your experience. The truth is that weve been growing pretty quickly this past year, and our own growth kind of outgrew our support britches for a little while. That being said, weve been busy expanding our support squad. While support had previously been offered from 9 am 5 pm, MF, were now helping people an extra 20 hours per week from 7 am 7 pm, MF. This has cut our support response time significantly, and our No. 1 aim is to help answer everyones questions well within the 24-hour mark. We dont ever want people to feel like theyve been left hanging, and were sorry youve felt some pangs as we grow. We havent been seeing any issues on our end in regard to automations working, but were hoping that well be better able to answer your concerns with our extended support. Thanks again for your review and for riding along with us as we grow.

Mark from Stafford Web Marketing

Drip is the best email/marketing automation software on the planet! I know as I have tested them all

Drip integrates with just about everything and it is pretty easy to use. The future of marketing from your website is "website personalization" which will create a unique experience for each and every person. Your business also needs to track prospect/customer activity across multiple channels and deliver a customized experience. Nothing makes me leave a website faster than when a website asks me to download something i have already downloaded. The days of one size fits all marketing have come and gone. With Drip, and a few 3rd party apps, I believe you can deliver an online experience like no other that will surely get you noticed and help you stand above your competition.

Pros

Drip is the dream marketing software I was dreaming of back in 2012 when I first started with another expensive email/marketing automation platform. Out of the box, Drip doesn't need 3rd party apps to format data like making sure names are capitalized. I am a marketing automation geek, and Drip allows you to add just about any other type of marketing software layer like surveys, onsite retargeting, send text messages, and even integrate Facebook messenger and Facebook ads just to name a few. (Some 3rd party apps required) Using Drip and a few items I mentioned above, you can passively profile and lead score all of your prospects to see: - which ones are hot (Drip can send an email to your sales team so they make contact), - which ones are still in research mode (send these leads more content to help them make a decision via email, SMS or a Facebook message), - and which ones are just tire kickers. No sense running paid ads to tire kickers, right? You can even personalize your website so that people who downloaded your freebie, don't get asked to download it again. That is powerful! (3rd party app needed) I have moved all of my clients over to Drip from 3 other platforms and we are seeing much better results. If you are considering email & marketing automation automation software for your business, take a good look at Drip. They have a certification program, so you might want to check out graduates to lend you a hand if needed.

Drip is the bees knees for Email Marketing

We have had an amazing experience with Drip and Email Automation. It has taken us far beyond what we thought we could do in just a short amount of time. Highly recommend Drip!

Pros

Drip took us to the next level with Email Marketing. We have been able to create funnels, campaigns, email series, and blasts that have boosted our business. We had just barely dipped our toe in Email Marketing 2 years ago when we started with Drip, and now we use it on a daily basis. We have been able to automate an almost entirely manual process. Highly recommend Drip as an easy to learn and awesome tool to grow your business.

Cons

Learning to set up funnels is not the easiest process at first. Especially if you are new to Email Marketing, however, Drips support team and chat is so easy to use and they will walk you through every step. They also offer video training and training webinars.

Used to Love Drip

I haven't ever had a bad experience with the software and it always worked as it should, but the focus from support is directed entirely toward eCommerce.

Pros

I switched to using drip as a small business consultant for the visual automation, ease of use, the free account (up to 100 subscribers), CRM and contact tracking, but over time they shifted their marketing and support entirely to be used as an eCommerce CRM.

Cons

I am not eCommerce so while I could continue to use their software, they clearly aren't marketing or improving their software to support my needs. There are other leading CRMs and email marketing platforms that I'd recommend for someone who will not be working in an eCommerce field.

My sales team LOVES this software!

Overall, our sales have gone up, our client engagement is high, and our team actually likes using the software - it's been a win/win/win/win/win from the beginning!

Pros

My sales team absolutely loves this software! Setting up email campaigns and keeping in touch with clients has never been easier for them. Before, it was a daunting task and seemed to take weeks just to initiate a simple campaign, but with Drip, it was done in a matter of hours. The system is intuitive and has increased our client engagement significantly.

Cons

There's nothing to dislike. The team loves using it, and our clients are interacting with us more than ever! I can't find a downside.

Carlos from Loyalty Systems, LLC

A serious contender as an ecommerce CRM

It has been great. The CRM is truly geared towards Ecommerce and there are many ways you can configure the platform for your specific needs.

Pros

I really like the concept behind it. The interface is intuitive and easy to use even for new users. You can configure your campaigns in many different ways and you can know with details what people are doing on your website and what emails are they reading.

Cons

The email creator isn't very easy to use. I prefer other interfaces that are more polished. Also, if you aren't using their forms you cannot get statistics into your website.

Richard from Profit Is Good Ltd

Was one of their first customers but now leaving

Drip has been awesome to me, have been an early user since Drip 2014 but am about to leave due to the increased pricing and the fact it's now moved over to focussing on being an Ecommerce CRM which does not speak to me as a content site operator.

Pros

The ability to create and send campaigns based on both tags and trigger clicks within emails.

Cons

How the pricing has gone up since the Leadpages acquisition.

Drip is a lean email marketing automation platform laser-focused on workflows that's great for B2Bs.

We were able to significantly cut costs from our previous ESP by switching to Drip while retaining most of our functionality (only losing landing pages, but Leadpages offers a good alternative that is still affordable at a fraction of the price). We are in the process of moving to a marketing automation suite only because one problem we encountered with Drip was that it was difficult to synchronize data between our legacy platforms.

Pros

Drip has the powerful automation features that you often have to pay thousands of dollars more a year for with marketing suite platforms. If you only need the automated email portion and not all the other features, Drip delivers a streamlined experienced that's designed to cater to B2B users that want to utilize nurture campaigns to cultivate and convert leads. Because of this, creating workflows is incredibly simple and intuitive. The platform also has some interesting features you don't find in many other ESPs, such as being able to check a box to re-send emails using a different subject line to contacts who don't open the first one. It also does not deal with contacts in lists, but rather contacts live in only one instance in the platform and rather than using lists to segment your contacts, you use tags. Some may dislike this approach, but I personally find being able to get away from endless lists to be liberating.

Cons

The platform lacks a WYSIWG editor, and only works with html or plain text. While this may be fine for many users, it might be off-putting for those less tech-savvy users who are used to creating and editing emails inside of their ESP. Also, the platform, in my opinion, is deceptively counter-intuitive despite its simple appearances. As someone who has used several of the popular ESPs on the market (Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, Stampready, etc...) I found the process to create and send emails confusing and had to contact support several times initially. This was rather frustrating because at the time they only offered support via email. I understand that they are trying to expand support to other methods however. I like to call someone if I'm having a problem, so the lack of phone support was a miss for me.

Response from Leadpages

Replied August 2018

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. I wanted to let you know of the changes to our email editor since your review. We now offer a Visual Builder which is a really awesome way to showcase what youre offering through the power of pictures without messing with any code. Simply point and click to add images, buttons, columns, and more. Its a whole new way to brand your emails, showcase your products, and sell more stuff! Thanks again, Sam from Drip

Joshua from Rymera Web Co

Automates ALL THE THINGS in my e-commerce business

Overall, it has been a game changer for our digital products e-commerce business. Instead of just sending out bi-monthly email blasts to all of our audience, we're now able to put people through specific sequences of emails with relative ease. We can then separate people based on their activities and run specific promotions to those groups only. We have a long way to go and are only scratching the surface of what we can do in Drip, but already it has been a huge improvement in the way we handle our email marketing.

Pros

It's very simple create workflows for automating email flow. This has allowed us to completely transform the way we do our email marketing in our digital product e-commerce business. I also like how simple it is to setup a new campaign. Most other tools put you through complicated settings to setup new sequences. In Drip you just see a list of the emails on the campaign and you can quickly and easily adjust the days/timing of when people receive those emails after subscribing to the campaign. There is no over the top process for editing the actual emails and you have a choice between a simple editor (which I like as it gets great engagement) or for more visual promotions you can use the graphical editor which is really just as simple to use.

Cons

I found it better to utilise a third party software like Optinmonster to handle the actual signup forms because I get more flexibility surrounding the design of the popup. That is one area in which I think Drip could improve by offering more control surrounding that popup editing experience.

Paola from WeddingDayStory

Great support team -- but too much need for it!

Pros

One of my favourite things about drip is the email segmentation tools and tagging. These let me make sure my audience is always on point. Customer support is great, however due to some delays and workflow issues I found myself having the need for them a bit more than I think I should have. To the customer service that is friendly, competent, quick, receptive, and unfailingly helpful (and I've put them to use numerous times with complicated questions) To my ability to step into specific user accounts to fix things simply and quickly at their request.. Drip is uniformly wonderful. You might not know it yet, but THIS is the email service you've been looking for.

Cons

The refreshing of the automations seems like it is not instant, so whenever I am setting something up, and doing tests, there has been some confusion as to whether it is working or not. So sometimes I have to go live with a special list just to test the automation steps which is not very convenient.

Best In Email Automation

Drip helped our company get good cart abandonment and welcome series in place in an easy way. The tracking and integration with Shopify was very easy. And we are already generating sales with drip in the first week. We are ready to start tagging and segmentation and will report back on another review when that is completed.

Pros

Hi I am currently setting up Drip and have had about 1 week with it and can give my initial 2 cents. I really like how many things you can do if you are willing to put in time and some effort. The integration is easy with many shopping carts and other apps, and the segmentation is very advanced. It is how these segmentation work together with the Email workflows helps make it easy to craft automated emails at every step of buying process. From ecommerce cart abandonment to sending one off emails , to sending out win back campaigns everything seems like it is possible with Drip. The email editor is easy to use and the templates give you enough to get going. I imagine more people use regular html emails with Drip.

Cons

Drip is a tool and it is how you utilise that tool is what you will get out if it. Drip does not hold your hand and offers everything you need for a successful email marketing but what is there in terms of the editor is fairly basic. It gets the job done but I wish for a more robust features like bringing in product by name into the emails.

Cliff from The Holistic Performance Institute

I can't quit Drip!

I love Drip. We simply have to have another email programme due to certain features that make it worth it for us but we can't do without Drip (even when we try!) because the ease of use for creation and delivery of automated email sequences, which are critical to our educational sales strategy, is second-to-none.

Pros

Drip is hands down the easiest, most intuitive software for us for creating automated email sequences. The templates, along with ease of use, and integrations with all the other platforms and software we use makes it so valuable for us.

Cons

The lack of certain features offered by other platforms, such as tighter integration with Shopify, App, app-based notifications for things like resending non-opens etc mean that we have to double up on some software instead of solely using Drip and that is a major pain.

Rick from Thriving Now, LLC

Integrations ~ So Powerful

I ran my own email server with arpReach for many years. It was tiresome and I didn't get all the flexibility much less the tagging and tracking I wanted. With Drip I've got a tool that has helped me engage my coaching clients more intimately (and also clear out people who are simply not engaging, which feels really good and keeps costs down as well).

Pros

My WordPress site has such a mix of different tools, I needed an email marketing engine that would integrate with them all with ease and consistency. I also needed excellent delivery and an easy way to track and target website users based on pages visited and clicks. Drip has been excellent in this, and I have introduced other colleagues to Drip who are equally pleased.

Cons

I wish there was a way to bring new solopreneurs in at an introductory price that was lower. I wish the CRM aspects were stronger. I'd love to be able to have a View of the Customer which was more customizable than the current customer lookup.

Mukesh from EncycloMedia Global

The ultimate automated email service with a customer support to match.

Drip serves as a great marketing automation tool combined with CRM for our business.

Pros

The UI is amazing and gives a visual overview of the activity without the need to look at numbers. The automated workflow and the newly added feature of a visual email builder are a treat to the modern marketer. Using Drip for over 3 years now, I have yet to come across an email service that is more of a CRM for small businesses. The chat support is always available and qualified to assist with any challenges if they do arise.

Cons

The limited options for Lead capture forms. The platform has just one form that is designed and since lead capture is what builds the list, having a library of well designed forms would really help.

AJ from MyAdHero.com

The Best Email marketing app for the price!

Pros

If you've used any email autoresponder system in the past you know that they can be very complicated and to get the most out of the systems normally requires some behind the scenes hacking. Drip is a refreshing alternative! Similar features and functionality as you'll find on apps that cost 5-10x the price, intuitive drag-n-drop campaign builders, amazing segmentation options and some really useful javascript extensions make this a great tool if you're focused on lead generation and then maximising your email marketing ROI.

Cons

The few times we've needed to contact support we've found the team to be a bit hit and miss - sometimes you get the right answer straight away, other times you need to chase and escalate. The actual software itself is great though and thankfully we've not needed too much support so far.

Darryl from Master New Testament Greek

Solid platform with good features

Pros

Drip offers some great features that surpass regular email, including things like automated resending to people who don't open, lead scoring, automated sequences and much more.

Cons

The color scheme can be a little hard on the eyes, but it is better than when it was first updated earlier this year. I would also like a better way to manage tags, rules and automations as once you have a number it can become tricky to keep track of them. This could be solved by having a "used in" list for tags, or a resources list for automations so you have a quick list of what is used where. This would also make it easy to retire tags and automations without losing customers through gaps.

Kirsty from Co-Parenting for Your Kids

Drip - Value for money?

I have an auto-campaign set up, so it saves me time screening clients and I also use it to send newsletters. My list isn't huge though, so I find it expensive for my small business. However, I don't change to another free option as there is a lot of work to export existing lists and also, the ease of use and ability to make it 'pretty' keeps me using drip.

Pros

Drip is easy to learn, quick to create broadcasts, can re-use and edit sent broadcasts, and the templates for creating campaigns are excellent.

Cons

As a start-up, I find it expensive (I'm in Australia, so the exchange rate has an impact). It is comparative, but the free options do the same thing. If your list building doesn't happen as quickly as expected or you're unsure how to use your list to generate income (v gathering info from sales), then it is an ongoing monthly expense that doesn't always justify itself - when your list is small. There should be another option available that is cheaper and has smaller list numbers, before the first subscription above free.

Wells from Active Online Inc.

Excellent for tracking easy, one-off emails and campaigns

Our overall experience has been excellent. We were really pleased with the extremely high open rate of our latest Broadcast Emails. In was no hassle to upload dozens of new emails and get a message out in a hurry. We also like the integration with our CRM and with LeadPages.net.

Pros

Drip has a feature called Broadcast Emails that allow you to easily compose a single email, filter the people you want to send to using tags, preview the email, send it and track the responses. We use that to send our customers quick announcements about changes in their subscription products and for reminders about upcoming events. Broadcast Emails are a great way to get started. Then you can graduate to campaigns that use a series of emails with powerful branching, follow-up and CRM integration features.

Cons

In our last email, the image we used looked fine in a web-based email app but was stretched in PC-based email app. I haven't followed up yet with support, but based on past experience with support, they'll have a good answer. Once you have lists of more than 5,000, Drip becomes a lot more costly than some competitors, but if you get even a slight sales edge, it is worth the difference.

Becky from Monster Studios LLC

Automation and customization are easy with Drip

I've been using Drip to nurture customers, bring old customers back to my funnels, segment to new funnels, and growing my businesses, as well as those of my clients. I've tried Drip's competitors, and yet I stay with Drip, and continue to put more of my business into their capable software. Well worth the cost and I highly recommend them!

Pros

The visual workflow builder for automation. This makes it easy to walk through your funnels and make sure all the steps are there and make sense for both your business rules and the customer experience. I'm also a fan of being able to use liquid statements to customize content and functionality. This saves a ton of steps in workflows and allows for personalization, helping you convert better.

Cons

The subscriber profile is presented as a timeline. I would be much better served if subscribers were given a better visual presentation, more like a CRM would provide, in addition to the timeline.

David from Growth Accelerate

Powerful Marketing Automation Tool

Might be a good news if you are running an E-commerce business. But you might want to think twice if you are not, especially now with the hefty price tag.

Pros

I think this is the most flexible and powerful amongst all the marketing automation tools out there. - easy to segment your subscribers with tag - liquid function adding flexibilities and power to the tool. - plenty of direct integration with many popular tools

Cons

They recently increased their rate while giving only a short notice to all their users (12 days if I remember correctly), not very cool. They decided to proceed ahead despite a lot of negative feedback. Also noticing them start focusing on E-commerce store rather than blogger/ creator.

Jeremy from Saatchi & Saatchi (We Are Saatchi)

A day to learn. A lifetime to master.

Overall, the whole thing has been great: cost, customer support, and the general system.

Pros

I love that Drip is simple enough for someone with no marketing automation experience to pick up and use pretty easily. But that, once that initial hurdle is conquered, there are incredibly advanced features, as well. I have barely scratched the surface of what it can do, but I know that it'll be quite a long time until I figure it out all. However, along the way, I'll have exactly what I need to do the basics, and don't need to hire someone to do it for me.

Cons

The analytics take a bit to dig into, sometimes. They're on so many screens, so it's hard to decipher some of the more insightful information. Also, the workflows aren't always the most intuitive things, but simple tutorials are helping with that. It's better than most other systems.

The best email marketing tool that I have used

I am able to automate lead magnet delivery sequences, do drip campaigns, and do broadcast emails in one place.

Pros

The best thing about Drip is the power it gives you. It takes a little bit of technical expertise, but between the tags, custom fields, and their powerful visual workflow builder you can build automated drip campaigns that maintain a personal, relevant touch.

Cons

It is difficult to bring in your own custom HTML responsive email templates without being a programming expert.

Response from Leadpages

Replied August 2018

Hi there, The Drip team thanks you for taking time to write us a review! I wanted to let you know we have just launched our Visual Builder, which dramatically reduces how much manual labor you need to make your designed email dreams a reality. Simply point and click to add images, buttons, columns, and more so you can create engaging visual content without touching code. No programming expert needed! Thanks again, Sam from Drip

Ravi from Raman Coaching

Amazing value, feature rich!

Overall I am super happy with Drip and would recommend it to others, even those who are NOT tech savvy!

Pros

Drip is a marketing automation platform, not just an email distribution system. It does so much more than send email blasts. It helps you qualify and nurture leads, leading to a better experience for your customers and you!

Cons

It takes a while to learn how to use all the features, specifically the rules, workflows, tags and custom fields. However, once you learn the basics, it's simple to maintain.

Nic from X10 Entrepreneur

Actually enjoyable to use

I make money using Drip. Theyve made it easy to use for almost all functions and the feature set is great.

Pros

I can get what I want to get done ... fast. The user interface just makes good sense to me.

Cons

You cant tag people who have opened emails or clicked. You have down filter them, download a CSV file and then tag them as you reimport them. Turns a 5 min job into a 45 min job. You cant turn broadcast emails into campaign emails ... unless you use their new visual email editor ... which is OK but still very clunky. To get an email template for the plain text editor, you have to import an html file that you create with 3rd party software.

Ben from Webrunner Media Group

Best automation platform for SMB

Drip is, in my opinion, the best marketing automation platform for the SMB. I've worked with more automation platforms than I can count on one hand, and Drip simply takes something that's supposed to be complex and makes it super easy. We now use Drip with most of our SMB clients.

Pros

easy to use very powerful great price

Cons

email templates are somewhat basic, but they work well anyways.

Response from Leadpages

Replied August 2018

Hi Ben, Everyone here at Drip appreciates the time you took to write us a review! I am very glad to hear that Drip has worked so well for your business. Since your review, we have launched our point and click Visual Builder so you can design emails using flexible, mobile-responsive layouts. It really is an awesome way to showcase what you're offering through the power of pictures without messing with any code. Thanks again, Sam from Drip

Caleb from To Your Success, Inc.

Great List Management

Unbelievable customer service, fast response time, helpful videos... I just flat love this.

Pros

Automated workflows for list management and adding/removing tags makes for an incredible ability to segment and automate your subscribers! Blows mailchimp out of the water!

Marijn from Raket

Happy with Drip!

Overal expereince is great! Like I said: its way better to usse than mailchimp, so we are very satisfied with the many feautures and options. Last page you asked us if we would recommend to a friend; We already did!

Pros

The many options it has! It works way better than mailchimp, so for that reason Drip is our favorite to work with.

Cons

Sometimes its not clear what the differnce is between a campaign or a workflow. It would be nice to have a guide for new users. When we have new interns we always have to explain what the differences are because the internet doesn't really outlines the benefits of both.

Drip: Best overall e-mail automation platform for mid-range businesses and marketers

Good stuff, remarkably helped my business automate transactional emails and grow. It just works.

Pros

Drip is an excellent mid-grade option for marketing automation. Here's the long and short of it: Most people think they need fancy all-in-one automation solutions that include web, shopping carts, etc. But those needs are all better served by better platforms. Drip does one thing and one thing well: E-mail. This is where you really need proper automation. And the Javascript snippets allow you to properly integrate with everything else. Unless you're scaling up to the Hubspot level, Drip is your best bet for email and marketing automation.

Cons

The tracking links Drip uses to track user behavior have the nasty side effect of triggering virus software on some people's email programs, not even allowing them to go through links. This is a major software flaw and should be addressed.

Good so far

Pros

It has integrated well with our custom website. Since we don't use shopify or anything like that, it was difficult to find a solution for email marketing that would integrate with our site. So far there have been a few hiccups, but overall I'm happy with what we are seeing.

Cons

I have not been impressed with the customer support I have received. Apparently, we are paying enough to get a dedicated customer success rep, but he doesn't seem to have answers to many questions I am asking. It has been mildly frustrating.

Calvin from Simple Focus

Full-featured product with excellent customer support

I tried Drip as a way to launch an onboarding campaign for new customers for a software as a service product that I manage. It took me about an hour to get a feel for how to use the app and configure the various settings, but all the config was straightforward and I remember the help text being well-placed and well-written. I thought the documentation and tutorials I found usually answered my questions, and when I contacted support I had an excellent and helpful interaction with the support team via email.

Pros

I think what I enjoyed most about Drip was that any time I had an idea of what I'd like to *try* to do with the product, I was able to do it. I also didn't have to involve our developer in order to implement the Drip snippet or to import my subscribers. The workflows and automation tools worked really well (too well, actually, as I accidentally imported way too many old customers and ended up paying too much, but that mistake was easy to correct later). The emails looked slick and I loved the reporting features.

Cons

I started using Drip around the same time they were rolling out a redesigned interface for creating messages, and the software seemed to have trouble remembering which interface I had chosen. This was a little while ago so I don't recall which design I preferred, but it was a little confusing to switch back and forth between the two input options. I'm sure all of that has been resolved by now though.

Dave from IronBody Fitness, LLC

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Drip Review

Pros

Uses tags & segments instead of creating multiple list so you have a person in the database once instead of multiple times like other systems Easy to create workflows/automations and creating rules for simple tasks like adding a tag or starting or stopping a campaign. Can have multiple lines of business under one account. I have 3 separate lists in 1 drip account Easy to see each subscribers activity and scores

Cons

There doesn't appear to be a way to see who opened an email from within a campaign. You can see how many opened it as a number and a percentage of those who were sent it, but cannot drill down to see which people opened it without having to go to the individual subscriber Support is slow, it can take many days to get a response. Even with a chat option many times no one is available to chat

Jim from Real Estate

Full Featured Autoresponder does it all!

Drip does what I need it to do. There are some integrations that I wish worked better, but I am not sure if it is on the Drip side or the other services. Overall though, it works well and requires very little input from me after the initial setup for a campaign.

Pros

Many features are easy to use and they work very well without any input from me. The main console is easy to understand and the knowledge-base is full of helpful articles. Tagging and custom fields allow subscribers to be segmented with ease. Support is top-notch.

Cons

The workflows can tend to get a bit difficult to set up and manage. Integrating custom fields with Leadpages could use improvement.

Mat from Borealis Computing Inc.

Drip has saved me.

All of my clients now use Drip which gives me the massive benefit of working with every client's Drip account without having to leave my own. This must-account functionality is a life saver for me!

Pros

Drip's marketing automation (i.e. workflows) give you precision control over every step of your customer's decision making journey.

Cons

Thee isn't a single con I can think of! If I were to really stretch into non-issues though I would say that their onscreen prompts for first time users could provide a few more details.

Carolina from Huawei Technologies

Marketing automation solution.

With the use of Drip I have been able to create targeted marketing campaigns with smart features. This has helped me a lot in my daily work.

Pros

The most positive aspect is that the free plan offers comprehensive functions for companies with 100 subscribers, the creator of visual workflow is very intuitive and easy to handle, also has new integration with Facebook Custom Audiences.

Cons

A negative aspect is that it is intended Drip companies business customers (B2C), especially retailers.

Gustaf from Sendify

The best alternative when building your own stack

Does everything you want without delay. Extremely easy to setup with zapier to connect with the rest of your stack. Customer Success is also always helpful I truly recommend this service.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of set up, has all the functions you need without getting too complicated. Works as intented every time. Setting up a next meeting.

Cons

Dashboard isn't very useful and the total lack of conversion source distribution. Direct integration with google analytics would add a lot of value.

Kim from Academy of Dance

Industry: Performing Arts

Manage your Subscribers

I love the functionality of this software! Nothing else compares to it in my opinion. The customer service is quick and easy to understand, and I love how the developers really listen to implement what I need for my business within their software! Bravo!

Pros

Cons

So many choices, one can get confused between campaigns and workflows and when to use which.

Heather from Outshinery

Industry: Wine and Spirits

WOW! So far it's amazing!

Replacing MailChimp, Emma, and hopefully SalesForce IQ but that remains to be seen. It will also save us money and give us more data. Did I say it supports Tagging!

Pros

Super easy to use, small learning curve even for the novice, great knowledge base. The company I work for decided to use this software and I was importing and adding our lists the same day. So much easier to use and more features than MailChimp. It goes way beyond a simple email platform. It's interface is super clean. It replaces many of our Zaps because it directly integrates with Drift. You can copy & paste your email templates from MailChimp or Emma too for easy migration. It supports tags. And I think best of all - all your contacts are in ONE list. Hard to imagine I know but once you wrap your head around it, it's fabulous.

Cons

So far, nothing! I've only used it for 3 weeks. I also haven't had to use Customer Support for anything yet so I can't comment on that.

Ray from Jigglar.com

Drip is for drips!

We use drip to reach out and connect with Jigglar users to showcase new marketing templates and let them know about upcoming training events etc. We like to connect via email with our people each day. Sadly, Drip is totally underwhelming and getting involved was a big mistake.

Pros

I like the fact you can schedule a second email that only goes to recipients that didn't open the first email. Apart from that, there are plenty of other email products around with Drip's features

Cons

1. The product is glitchy with lots of bugs and definitely NOT ready for market. 2. The 'error please refresh' message is constantly appearing 3. After copying and pasting or trying to set up a hyperlink, the site often freezes 4. I can only set one hyperlink per email 5. Despite following instructions like formatting images to the correct size images or justifying images to the left they still come out floating in the middle 6. Support is terrible. When a Drip support team member eventually gets back to you (usually takes days) all they do is ask dumb questions.

Lauren from Bixa Media

Email marketing software focused on what really matters

Pros

(1) Dynamic content for easy personalization (2) Drag + drop workflows that are really easy to use (3) Text-based emails for stellar delivery

Cons

Honestly, not much! I LOVE Drip and recommend it to every client it's right for.

Gabe from NextPaw

Industry: Information Services

Drip helps me be so much more personal with customers

It's super nice that I don't have to baby sit my automations, I can check in and look at stats and reporting but other than that it runs itself.

Pros

I love Drip because of the conditional logic aspect that tailors messages to specific customers. The information that they are receiving from me is always relevant thanks to Drip.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to test campaigns without having to wait for the scheduled time. It would be awesome if I could run a test campaign and preview everything by just running straight through the automation without any delay.

Philipp N. from [New York] Know Go Conference

Good for our targeted email cadences

Drip helps me to send targeted email cadences to our prospects and customers and measure if they are ready to buy/engaged with our product/content. For us as a rather small company with a limited number of subscribers Drip is a solid solution for our email marketing needs.

Pros

I like the workflow and rules capability. Also the unlimited tags and the easy integration with Salesforce and Zapier is important for me. Support is usually fast, friendly and competent.

Cons

Sometimes, the app could be faster. Also, there is not a preview function for one-off emails. Sometimes, it takes too long until an immediate broadcast is sent out.

Best Email Campaign and Workflow Software Ever.

Pros

There is so much that can be done with this software. A couple things that I like most are the flexibility and options in building a workflow. Triggers can be set up to remove subscribers who click a link or reply to the email. Tags can be added to subscribers to help track and organize them.

Cons

The price is a bit higher than other email platforms.

Drip

Pros

Cons

I'm a little concerned that since their buyout from leadpages they will focus solely on squeezing every last dollar out of customers and quality will drop and/or prices will go up. The price jump from 5000 subscribers to 5001 is pretty steep.

DRAKE from MemLok Bible Memory System

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Drip Drip

Reaching a mail list of 50000 +. Could use more help when you make changes that are pretty drastic. Grateful that you're always on The Cutting Edge.

Pros

Total flexibility. You can separate your prospects infinitely.

Cons

Very complicated to program. A person who does this for me is very intelligent and experienced. He's done a great job but it's required much time on the phone with drip.

John from Spectacles Training & Coaching Ltd

Drip helps me to help my clients

My overall experience is that this software allows me to quickly support my clients and blog readers and I prefer this to my previous platform which involved monkeys!

Pros

I really like the visual nature of the campaign planning.

Cons

Sometimes I find it a little bit complicated to use but it is not a deal breaker as I have persevered and I am successfully using it and gaining benefit.

Joe from MedicalDevicesGroup.net

I love Drip

Their customer service is among the best online. I know the reps by name and they are playful and helpful.

Pros

I've written entire articles on the subject. https://medicalmarcom.com/medical-device-marketing/drip-versus-aweber/

Cons

The rules and workflows aren't as intuitive as I'd like. Sometimes I have to open multiple windows to track everything.

Daniel from Incitement

Easy to use yet highly comprehensive

Behavioral email campaigns are often complicated to setup with other softwares, however with Drip it's really really simple. Tracking works flawless, triggers and automations never fail. It really helps us to build complicated email marketing campaigns, yet without spending too much time as it is quick and simple to setup.

Pros

Drip provides an incredibly easy-to-use and intuitive interface that is suitable for both novice and advanced email marketers. It provides all the necessary features and more, is easy to set up, and offers everything you need for your email campaign. The software was recommended to us by my good friend Andre Chaperon, who's is arguably the most significant email marketing specialist in the internet marketing industry, and so far lived up to every expectation.

Cons

I don't really have any cons honestly, the software works perfectly for our needs.