• Pros

• "Easy to use. Great customer support. Constantly updating."

• "The user experience is great. It's simple, easy to understand and it helps us organize our marketing messages."

• "Informz is easy for me to use and I enjoy being able to search information if I have questions that my co-workers can't answer for me. It is very user friendly and quick to learn. "

• Cons

• "There are some tweaky things around designing the email interface but are easy enough to work with once you get used to it. But that's being really nit-picky."

• "Sometimes it takes time to get used to all the upgrades and changes. However they do a good job in letting you know what changes have been made."

• "it can be a little intimidating at first - the new website helps that a bit"

Browse Informz Reviews

Elizabeth from American Association of Airport Executives

Like hiring an extra staff member...or two

Pros

It can do so much if you know what to do with it. The automation can be like having extra staff, and the targeting abilities, especially when tied to your database, are a huge path to success.

Cons

Some of the modules are a little slow right now as they go through a transition, but the communication on the work that's being done to fix it has been great. Very transparent.

Joe from APHA

Informz - easy and powerful

Pros

I really like the reports. They are easy to pull and visually intuitive. I also like the integration with our database, which means I can pull lists without having to ask IT for help. The campaign functionality is also really powerful and a great way to streamline processes.

Cons

I occasionally get stuck in a loop within the Campaigns where I'm asked to save, but unable to save. I can get things to work again by logging out and back into the software, but it's frustrating since everything else works so smoothly.

Reasons for Choosing Informz

I used Informz for nine years at another organization and was already aware of it's benefits and linkage with iMIS, so I didn't consider other products.

Jeanne from CompTIA

2017 Informz Review

I've been using Informz for over a year, and though I like the ease of use I'm supposed to have with the platform, I have experienced continuous problems while working within. My team has experienced bugs that range from auto-sharing report glitches to not being able to edit a mailing in full screen mode. I do like the Community and Knowledge Base for referencing, and when it's in full working capacity I have no problem with Informz. I look forward to the drag and drop template advancement, and would love to see options like being able to re-send an email to non-openers with subject line changes in the Send tab, for example.

Kristin from Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce

Put the professional touch on your e-marketing!

A few years ago our company changed our email marketing system over to Informz and we hit the ground running hard. Our advisor was always just an email (or call) away and very prompt to reply! I didn't have to call a 1-800 number or wait 24-hours for a reply to an email. Informz has a very hands-on customer approach to understanding the true needs and branding of its clients, ensuring template and accounts are set up properly. They provide valuable updates, training, and emails to keep up with any pertinent changes. They also provide a great selection of templates that are both reasonably priced as well as free ones. I highly recommend Informz for a more polished marketing look!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to implement. Our database ties right into Informz so we no longer have to manually upload and manage our lists. It's easy to customize lists through Salesforce. Our deliverability rates have improved because we have a dedicated IP address that the emails come from - not a random one. The editor is easy to navigate and figure out, whether you have simple text/links to add or you want to get a little more creative and get into coding. It's perfect for any type of user.

Cons

One drawback is that you have to purchase a large block of emails and pay per each address successfully delivered to. This has had some impact on our mindfulness of how many emails we send out each month.

Jennifer from Skidmore College

I am a Superfan, and I bet you will be one too!

Customer support is what really makes Informz unique, and the best of the email marketing platforms. I can call my Advisor at any time, or drop a quick email, and get a solution to my problem quickly. Large or small, routine or unique, all of my questions are treated as important and Informz staff are ready to help me resolve the problem or answer the question to get me back on track. Informz is an email marketing company, first and foremost. Their platform is designed to make email marketing easy and help you produce the results you are looking for. If you're looking to increase engagement, your Informz Advisor can help you find a way. If you are looking to increase membership, your Informz Advisor will have tips and strategies to help you. Informz will help you take your email marketing efforts to the next level. They offer training in many forms, from online webinars to personalized consultations - whatever your organization needs to learn, in whatever way works best. Informz is also a great resource for design and development of email templates. Their professional services team will help you take your design from graphics file to programmed template, with bulletproof responsive coding to get your design delivered to inboxes exactly as you intend it to be. Informz creates Superfans with their dedicated customer service, the quality of their professional services, and their commitment to helping you achieve your organization's goals.

Pros

Easy to use, strong customer service support

Cons

I am very happy with the software as it currently stands.

Inda from ASOR

I <3 Informz

Our organization partnered with Informz and really started to utilize its features around the same time I entered my position. Informz made the daunting task of creating blast emails and e-newsletters one of the most enjoyable parts of my job. Our organization has moved other features like surveys and online voting to Informz as well, and we're very pleased with the results. The customer support is incredible and Sherilyn always gets back to us so quickly which really makes Informz easy to use.

Pros

It's so easy to send or re-send email campaigns based on the interaction a specific email has had with a subscriber, which allows a more personalize experience for our members.

Cons

Instead of needing to know the code to create an interesting template, I wish there were pre-coded items you could drop into your template and move around. I get a bit bogged down in code sometimes, but the new free templates are great (although it's a bit of work to customize them to our needs).

English from INSA

We appreciate everyone at Informz

Informz has really helped our organization succeed. As a small non-profit with limited human resources, we really appreciate the seamless processes in place that allow me to go from message development, internal review, and approval, A/B testing for our target audience and analytic tracking with ease. I also love how responsive their customer service team is. Once when I was out of the country a colleague from another department wanted to stop a scheduled message from being sent. Even without remembering his login information for the account he was able to speak with a representative that stopped the message from being sent. I could go on and on with stories about how Informz has helped our organization, but we've seen great results and success from switching to Informz and we couldn't be happier with the results.

Pros

Ease of use, seamless process

Betsy from Population Association of America

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Easy to use for professional email marketing

Pros

Designing an e-mail is an easy process. Editing images and text, dragging and dropping blocks, it is all easy to set up and accomplishment and send out a professional looking email. Also, the reporting and tracking is easy to find and use.

Cons

When making a template, sometimes you are limited and they are not super flexible layouts. Even though you can make your own template - once you are in the message, designing the message, you have to edit the template to get the flexibility you want.

Andrew from Illinois Principals Association

My Informz Review

This is our first experience using a marketing automation platform. We use it for marketing, but also for member renewal reminders, which has been very helpful, and automated a process that was very manual. Overall, we enjoy using the product, but wish it had more ties into the database. We do more than 100 events annually, and being able to pull more information specific to the event (as opposed to entering it manually) would make the process even more efficient for us.

Pros

The ability to target individuals. This has helped us refine our messages.

Cons

The limitation on what can be pulled in from our netForum Enterprise. I would like to be able to pull more data from the events module.

Amanda from AGC of Missouri

LOVE it!

They offer training if you want it, great support, etc.

Pros

I love how it talks directly to our Imis database and is updating instantly. I also like how I can easily pull targeted emails and reporting.

Philip from Healthcare Businesswomen's Association

Informz goes with me wherever I go

I have been an Informz user for about eight years now. I first used it at my old place of employment and liked it so much that I made a strong business case for my current company to switch email platforms. From my experience, no other email marketing platform can compare to not only the easy-to-use platform and functionality but to the true customer support they provide. They assign a representative to each account and that representative is always there to help us out - big or small! Informz is always staying on top of the trends and laying out new features to an already existing amazing platform! We love Informz!

Pros

Always on top of trends. Customer support. Superior functionality.

Cons

Sometimes slow lag time.

Shaun from NBCC & Affiliates

Solid Mass Mailing System

I've been using Informz for three years now and although can't compare it to other systems I can say it meets our needs at my organization. I handle the design, development, and technical support for our staff and have been able to train other users to use the system for themselves as well. I would recommend it to anyone needing to find a solution for their in-house system.

Pros

Solid UI and customer service as well as meeting my multiple needs for our various departments.

Cons

System updates while announced on the homepage are not fully communicated and can be disruptive to workflow at times.

Cory from Meridian One

Drip Marketing Made Easy

I have found that Informz made doing some marketing campaigns easier with using their tool. The ease of use and the simple user interface has made marketing simple.

Pros

Perfect for small to medium sized companies. Easy to customize your own marketing pieces and store them inside the online tool. you can integrate with many of the CRM systems out there today. the customer service people want informz to succeed for your business which means they are easily accessible and willing to assist.

Cons

If you are new to building your own campaigns this can be tricky at first for the lingo they use doesn't cross all platforms. Maybe better initial training would be great to overcome this for new marketing teams.

Informz is the only way to send out marketing emails!

Pros

Informz makes it so easy to send marketing emails. It talks directly to our IMIS database which makes it so easy to pick who the email goes to. Informz came out with Mailings 2.0 which has made sending emails SO much easier now that you don't have to use only HTML. Their customer service is amazing- I have called them hundreds of times minutes before an email needed to go out and they quickly helped fix the problem.

Cons

The original mailings is very confusing if you aren't an HTML pro. It takes forever to build the template and can take some getting used to- luckily they now over mailings 2.0 which solved this problem.

Lori from Carolinas AGC

Informz offers many features, and is completely iMIS-friendly.

Pros

Informz is very iMIS-compatible, more so in my opinion than other marketing software out there. Informz staff was helpful in setting up the initial iMIS bridge, and from there the information writes over automatically into the iMIS database without our users having to take additional steps.

Cons

It's a bit wonky to use. Cut/Paste options don't keep any formatting or hyperlinks. Adding photos is a little tedious if your article doesn't already have a photo placeholder.

Barbara from Girl Scouts of Connecticut

Amazing customer service and a great product!

The customer service at Informz is great! Turn around for questions or issues is usually within the hour if not sooner. Informz is constantly trying to improve their product and even invites clients to give their input on upgrades they are working on. Overall, Informz meets and exceeds our business needs every step of the way.

Pros

Informz constantly improves their software to keep up with trends and customer input.

Adrian from ASUG

If you're on iMIS, you can't go wrong with Informz

Informz has worked well for ASUG over the past few years. The ability to have direct integration with our local database helps us ensure our email campaigns are relevant at the moment of send. The availability of support staff has been outstanding as help, support, or advice is a mere phone call away with rapid response. We look forward to a continued relationship with Informz in the years to come.

Pros

ease of integration with iMIS

Cons

the interface is early 2000-ish some areas could be more user-friendly (e.g. hitting a tab key on a form takes cursor to next field)

Lorna from Intellectual Property Owners Association

Want the best? Get Informz.

Informz has been a great tool for our association. By using Informz we are able to efficiently send emails to all of our members and easily track how many are opened. The customer support team is amazing. Every one of them is knowledgeable, friendly, and always able to help with my questions. This software is very easy to use. Once you learn the main functions you can go on to design creative and functional mailings. Great tool!

Pros

ability to create innovative emails and the ability to see how effective your emails are (with regard to are they being opened? are people clicking to other places within them?)

Cons

it can be a little intimidating at first - the new website helps that a bit

Casey from Phi Sigma Pi

Simple and Easy

Informz is extremely user-friendly and great for anyone who has never used or worked with an e-mail client. It's visually pleasing and easy to navigate. Informz is constantly rolling out new features and has all of the capabilities necessary for a business. Not to mention that they are super quick and friendly regarding customer service and support. Best e-mail client I've ever worked with and I wouldn't go back!

Pros

Easy to use. Great customer support. Constantly updating.

Cons

Doesn't link with some customer management programs we use.

Cindy from TIA

Ease of use, integrates seemlessly with iMIS, great customer service, not sure we could ask for more

Customized messages to our members

Pros

Integrates with iMIS as advertised. Hear this frequently, but other products do not always perform as advertised. Not the case with Informz. Love the reporting function, particularly when a member claims we did not send information only to learn it was delivered, opened, and clicked thru - love that functionality. Easy to copy a previous email so we do not have to recreate the wheel. Branding is easy, along with creating templates. I could go on, but I think you get what I mean - love this product.

Cons

Upgrades that make it hard to find what I need. Perhaps ask customers before you make changes to ensure it is actually needed. But your customer service always is exemplary so I get issues resolved quickly - doesn't sound like much of a con (apologies)

Great marketing tool!

Pros

Informz makes sending mass emails so much easier. From uploading and customizing lists to putting a special touch on an email... you can do it all with Informz! We send out our biweekly newsletter with this and I can customize it every time so easily by taking things out/ adding things etc.

Cons

The template designer can take a little time to get used to and figure out... we really struggled with this one at first but I will say customer service is amazing and will talk to you for hours helping you feel comfortable with what you are doing.

Ben from USTelecom Association

Top Notch Customer Service and Awesome product

I've been using Informz for about 3+ years now and myself and all my internal users love how easy it is to create and send out emails. I use Informz at least twice a week for a bi-weekly newsletter that is sent out to our members. From setting up new responsive templates, to sending them out optimized over a 24 hour period, sending them when the user historically opens the emails, is easy to do and awesome! Informz customer service is by far the best I've dealt with. Instant responses from real people and a very helpful knowledge base. Informz does webinars from users that use Informz that are detailed and helpful. They offer a yearly conference that I haven't attended yet, but plan to do so in the future as I've heard its very informative. Over 3 years ago, I moved our email away from 2 other services and combined them all into Informz and haven't looked back since. Thank you Informz and keep up the great work!

Pros

Ease of use

Sarah from Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Accomplish your goals with Informz.

Pros

As someone who had zero experience with email marketing, I found Informz easy to use and navigate from the beginning. The easy to use reports help save me time in pulling analytics.

Cons

The admin experience that we presently have can be slow and unresponsive. There are days when I have to refresh the admin multiple times to get it to work.

Meghan from AMC

Informz Reviews

I started using informz a little over a year ago and found it easy to learn and easy to manage. The customer service is excellent and we can easily see how engaged our audience is through the analytics.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate.

Cons

Wish is was easier/not as expensive to do mobile optimization.

New updates are great

Pros

With the new updates, such as Mailing Designer 2 and Template Designer 2, it makes it much easier for the everyday user to create and send mailings.

Cons

It is still a little clunky - uploading and deleting subscribers and target groups isn't the easiest. And not being able to create tables within a mailing and/or template is not ideal. We have a lot of one-off, complicated templates being created for very specific cases when being able to create a table in MD2 would be great.

Kim from Visit Phoenix

We have been using Informz for years and I have yet to find a ESP that is this comprehensive.

Not having to purchase 3rd party tools.

Pros

All the tools and modules that are available. I have reviewed several ESPs and have found that with other systems I have to purchase 3rd party tools to have the same functionality as Informz.

Cons

The only con I have, which they have no control over, is my current CRM does not integrate with Informz.

Sue from Center for Public Health Continuing Education

Exceeds our expectations

We have been using Informz for 13 years. We deliver many online pieces of training and the Events and Mailings help us get the word out to our users, makes registration simple and easy for them. We are able to track registration and see trends. The survey feature also gives us many opportunities to receive feedback from our users. We couldn't function nearly as efficiently without Informz!

Pros

The automatic mailing feature. When someone signs up for an event, we can have a confirmation e-mail go directly to them. It's so easy!

Cons

The interface is a little bulky - there are many click thru. I know how to navigate it but it would be nice to not have to choose Modules>Events>View>Events. (probably just personal preference)

Rebekah from Illinois ASBO

Great First Step Into Marketing Automation

We are a small staff Association of 12 people (four-person marketing team) and were looking for a platform that would integrate with our AMS (Ablia). We were looking into some more sophisticated platforms but felt that Informz offered much more than the functionality we currently had and would be a considerable step up. The ability to have auto-updating mailing lists and triggered mailing based on actions users take in our database is excellent. We also love that we have an advisor that we can contact at any time, who does a great job supporting us and answering any questions.

Pros

Love the support and AMS integration.

Cons

Keeping all the lists organized can be a bit overwhelming.

Cathy from Society for Conservation Biology

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great software with out-of-this-world Customer Support

We have been using Informz since 2013. From initial set-up to integrating with our membership system, to any questions along the way - no matter how big or small, their staff is very knowledgeable, responsive, and friendly. Every call helps us resolve problems and offers us ideas for reaching our members in more productive ways. The statistics provided regarding all aspects of each mailing are very helpful in improving member communication. Our whole office is very happy with Informz.

Pros

Very powerful integrates seamlessly with our membership system, offers a number of tests and reviews before the mailings go out to minimize "oops" mailings to thousands of members.

Cons

Slightly complicated learning curve, but that is only because of the numerous features packed in.

Lisa from The Ohio Manufacturers' Assn.

What would I do without?

While it is true that I've never used any other email distribution system, I would have to quit my job if Informz went away. It is central to my ability to communicate with our members. The model of having assigned account support reps is great. We use Informz, in conjunction, with iMIS. It is a smooth area of our business.

Pros

Ease of use

Web from Association for Advancing Automation

New features all the time, works great with iMIS

The staff is responsive to questions, new features are rolled out regularly, helpful information posted via blogs.

Pros

Any field that exists in iMIS, we're able to drill down to for list targeting

Cons

Sometimes the server responds slowly. Not sure if there can be more bandwidth added on that end.

Iris from Penn Medicine

For Email Marketers This is a MUST

Informz enabled me to do my job more efficiently and deliver higher quality to our subscribers. Their automation is an indispensable tool and the future of the industry.

Pros

Great tools like automation, virtual inbox, and reviewer which help to greatly streamline the process of sending emails.

David from Fayetteville Area Convention and Visitors Bureau

I have been using it for 5 years and love it.

Pros

Easily track metrics on my mailings/surveys. I like the way it tracks subscribers and those that have previously unsubscribed.

Cons

Doesn't interact with Simpleview. Doesn't interact with Simpleview. Doesn't interact with Simpleview.

Anthony from American Society of Radiologic Technologists

Informz - Great Customer Service

We use Informz for all of our email marketing. I can't say enough about how great the customer service is at Informz. You have an advisor who is available to help with any issues or questions. The updates about new platform features are great and helps keep their customers in the loop.

Emily from Kiwanis International

Informz Thoughts

Pros

Cons

I wish it was easier to adjust things such as settings or learn more about HTML coding, since it is an option to make small changes and I know nothing about it.

Elaine from Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

The customer support is like nowhere else!

After years as an Informz customer, I'm still continually blown away by the level and extent of customer support. I have worked with multiple vendors through the course of my job, and none offer a similar (free) level of support. I love that no matter what challenges I face, my Advisor is only a quick phone call away.

Pros

The customer support

Cons

It can take a while for new features to be added and they are sometimes behind the competition in the features offered. Things change slowly and it has taken quite a while to update the dashboard to a more contemporary look and feel. The learning curve can be slightly steeper than the competition.

Marketing Automation Notification of problems

I an getting into more complex campaigns and it is exciting.

Pros

I love the functionality and ability to have multiple mailing options.

Cons

There is no notification to the administrator if it stops working for some reason. Due to some updates my campaign stopped and I didn't know it. Even if the stop was a choice, the creator should get a confirmation email.

Theresa from ASBO International

Informz Review

Informz is so easy to use. The customer support we receive from our account manager is great. Answers any questions we have very promptly and very pleasant to talk to. Love all the different reports you can get after an email is sent.

Pros

Report functions

Nathaniel from Communications and Association Administration Director

Informz Rocks!

We have always had the very best customer support I have ever experienced in over 30 years of this business. The product is reliable. And the staff are like family.

Pros

Customer Service, Ease of Use, Accessibility of Learning Support.

Simon from NIRSA: Leaders in Collegiate Recreation

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Exceptional Customer Support

Informz is constantly evolving the features and functionality of their software. The customer support has been stellar and the resources are extremely helpful.

Pros

It's ease of use.

Cons

It's cost.

John from Illinois Association of School Business Officials

Top Notch!

I've had nothing but good experiences with Informz. The platform is user-friendly, the customer service is exceptional (no hyperbole, everyone I've spoken with at Informz is knowledgeable and friendly) and the ease of integration with our AMS was simple and straight forward.

Pros

Cons

The survey function could be expanded a bit more, but we may be asking for something that it wasn't intended to do.

Sue from Florida Association of Insurance Agents

Forward-thinking company

The best thing about Informz is its staff is relentless when it comes to making the product better. It's as if they anticipate what you're about to ask for, and announce the enhancement (addition, etc.) before you can get around to asking. Informz is genuinely interested in customer feedback and uses that feedback to improve the product. Training is offered regularly and at no cost, and you can find an answer to almost any question in the extensive knowledge base.

Pros

I like that it integrates with our association management system, which removes the burdensome list-maintenance chore.

Cons

That I don't have enough time to use it to its full potential!

Tom from American Mathematical Society

Informz has brought the AMS into the world of email marketing. It works well for us.

Pros

The integration with Personify is the most important feature for us. We have built a number of automatically maintained marketing lists, which become target lists in Informz. This is extremely convenient. We also like the stats we can access in Informz.

Cons

We like to see some testing tools developed, especially for personalized emails. It would be nice to be able to specify a target group, a number of email messages to create, and an email address to send them to. This would allow us to spot check personalizations and story inclusion/exclusion for various customers/members.

Jill from Alpha Chi Omega

Excellent product mix

Informz continues to enhance its product offerings, allowing me to work more efficiently and effectively. Their support staff is top-notch and their on-going assistance has helped me identify ways to improve our use of the Informz platform. Since it syncs with our iMIS database, we're able to save time and reduce errors in building our target groups, making sure we're communicating the right message to the right people. I also like the flexibility in knowing we can easily connect surveys, event registrations, invoicing, voting and more without having to use multiple platforms.

Heather from NAHQ

Informz Functionality Review

The Informz email marketing tool is perfect for sending out emails to our members who want to keep in touch. I can be used for reminders for events and as well as voting. It has exactly what our organization needs to keep in touch. The best feature is the open and click tracking and the customer service is one to beat.

Pros

It is really user friendly

Cons

I wish you could have more than 1 send to list

Amy from National Confectioners Association

Easy for techies and marketers alike!

Pros

I like that there are both WYSIWYG and HTML editing options. It makes it easy for non-technical users to quickly put together a mailing and also allows for me to customize my mailings further.

Cons

The autosave feature, while helpful, runs too often and slows down the tool when it is running.

Lori from TAPPI

Informz Review

Informz has really been a great tool for my company to use. It's pretty easy to use and the support we get from the company is great. I really like the new look. It seems to be easier to navigate around and there seems to be more space on the page to view things.

Pros

It's very easy to use. I like the new look.

Cons

It's impossible to create a query selecting more than one registration option for a single event.

Elena from Association of Air Medical Services (AAMS)

Great Email Great Price. Great People.

Informz is a great tool especially when considering its pricing options. You won't find a better tool email marketing tool at such an affordable price. You definitely won't find the great customer support that comes standard with Informz.

Pros

Price and standard customer support

Cons

The lack of advance write back options for Salesforce

Nicole from Michigan Farm Bureau

Great tool for communicating with organization membership!

Informz has been an invaluable tool to our organization. It allows us to quickly and easily communicate with our membership about news and events. Its features are comprehensive and integrate with our membership database.

Pros

Ease of use and diverse set of tools.

Cons

Subscriber functionality is a little harder to use.

April 2016

Amy from Bed and Breakfast Association of Virginia

April 2016

Great product with awesome customer service and partnership

I have been using Informz for almost 6 years at two different organizations. What keeps me a customer is their Advisor team - your own personal contact to who knows your mission and goals. To have guidance and advice that is focused on bettering your email communications program is worth its weight in gold. No 800 number with a tech who doesn't understand what I need. The ease of use is also important. Each semester an intern learns and manages my newsletters and the training is flawless. I jokingly tell people a monkey could build a newsletter using Informz. Lastly, I really like their marketing automation program. Member onboarding, annual meeting information and renewals are being sent and I don't have to worry about it unless the system emails me to tell me someone isn't engaging or unless my message needs to change. It was easy to set up in Informz, but it did take me a little time to get my act together to execute. Now that it is running, I don't know how I did it before. Defiantly one of the best email marketing programs that I have used in the association world.