All Litmus Reviews

Kay

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

A pricy option for a freelancer or small agency, but Litmus blows the competition away

Litmus vastly increased my efficiency in building and testing email campaigns and email templates.

PROS

I was hesitant to switch to a remote editor as my default, but Litmus' instant screenshot testing completely changed my workflow - compared to the "old school" method of sending in an email, it's nothing short of revolutionary. In addition, the product is constantly being improved and updated, and the community and support around it is fantastic.

CONS

The pricing is not freelancer/small agency friendly. I am mildly annoyed by the presence of tabs for features that are not included in my account level - in my view, if I can't use it, I shouldn't see it.

Reasons for switching to Litmus

Although the pricing is far more attractive, Email on Acid doesn't have anywhere the features or the usability of Litmus.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Litmus is one of the best out there for email previews

Overall I have had great success learning how to get the most out of Litmus and I would recommend for just about any marketing and design group. This helps to preview email templates and design, and check through potential email issues prior to launching an email in real time - the overall benefits have been very helpful in generating the greatest email experience for our digital audience.

PROS

What I really like most is the ability to generate email previews across a number of different email clients, so that it helps to optimize the look and design of email templates - this has been super helpful for our marketing team.

CONS

There are a few features that would be nice to have included the basic subscription, such as the ability to test an html email for potential spam delivery - while it is a feature that we really like, we often feel like it should be part of the basic package in case we decide to go a level down in our subscription.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2022

"Pro tool for email marketing!"

We have been benefitting from this software through template QA and creating templates that are responsive enough. Our QA process is powerful and we have different stakeholders. All the email marketing issues have been solved and a great deal of our time has been saved through the usage of this app. Our emails now look as if a designer has designed them. This tool has helped us a lot. For us, email testing was a cumbersome job that has now become a piece of cake. Our whole team was able to save plenty of time through this amazing tool.

PROS

Litmus is a very collaborative tool for building templates, sorting out the issues in the code, and implementing responsive templates. Modules can be incorporated. Brand designs and colors can be set up. Plus, the performance of your organization can be evaluated. It also helps users to confirm if their email is going to give a cool look on all devices. The builder part of the app is just mind-blowing.

CONS

A live builder option that is currently not available should help a lot. For instance, if one is asking for changes in the code, he should be able to see the changes correspondingly to have a better idea of what could be the best option. Apart from that, many features of Litmus do not fit in our workflow. I can understand that many people might find them useful but part of our payments goes to those features which are not assisting us in any way. So, a solution must be found for such discrepancies.

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2019

The best platform available for inbox previews

PROS

- Simple, powerful campaign approvals - Easy to use builder - Integrations with ESPs like Emarsys, SFMC, and others - Continually developing new features and enhancing existing ones (send tests directly from Litmus, proofs, convert checklist to builder, access post-rendered HTML, etc.)

CONS

- Cannot unsubscribe test email address directly within Litmus. Since we work on hundreds of accounts, we naturally forget to unsubscribe some test addresses. Our test addresses are probably subscribed to 20-30 mailing lists, and it is very time consuming to attempt to unsubscribe from those lists. This results in cluttered checklists and higher than necessary render counts. There should really be a quick unsub option on each checklist. - Spam tests are not quick to set up - Litmus Scope is an essential tool, but it is inconsistent and seems to be a largely ignored feature - No notification system for when campaign approvals are finished

Jason Taylor

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Easy to use Email Testing

We needed to make sure emails were being universally received the way we wanted them to be, across all different platforms. It suits our needs perfectly. There was definitely some adjusting on the level of tests we would need to run, but the sales/support staff was very generous in working with us to identify the right level. Even if you go above the test "limit" you're not cutoff, so if you need to scale up Litmus will keep supporting you.

PROS

I'm a huge fan of the multiple platforms for testing emails- desktop, mobile, etc. They keep their testing suite up to date with all the new build releases for iOS and Android and you can run through the different potential platforms all at once with a single test. There's also pretty good engagement insight and A/B testing functionality. The interface is very intuitive so the tool is handy for getting more folks involved in the actual testing process without a complicated onboarding.

CONS

The intended use applications are great, my only "complaint" is with the data retention aspects. While Litmus has very clean compliance documentation, if you receive a data deletion request, the effectuation insofar as Litmus is a little manual/pedantic. But it's not unworkable.

Russell

Religious Institutions, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Must Have For Email Marketing

I have been using it for 5 years now and have loved watching the company grow and get better.

PROS

Litmus is the best email marketing tool you can have. It gives you all the email previews you could ask for and then some. It has an editor built out just for developing emails and is implemented in most CRMs. Seriously worth the money.

CONS

I don't have anything negative to say about Litmus.

Nick

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

The Way Email Should Be

I've been using Litmus for over 5 years now, and it's an extremely helpful tool that I would recommend to every company that deals with email marketing. Knowing that your campaign is visually appealing across the board to your audience make a huge difference.

PROS

I love that it shows all devices (mobile and desktop) view of your email campaign and how they will render depending on that provider. This helps immensely when it comes to design, development and knowing the limitations.

CONS

Sometimes indiviual previews are down, but this is due to updating.

Judy

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Multi-branding and Promotion

Incredible online marketing campaign and large volume out bound emailing.

PROS

Ease on e-commerce management.Email deliverbility and confirmation .B2C communication and customer retention.

CONS

All it offers is of significance to us since it meets all

Shilpa

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Evaluate your coding efforts across multiple devices

We've used it for checking rendering issues for the emails that we design and code. My coder is heavily dependent on this tool.

PROS

Litmus has a great combination of all the devices and the multiple versions of devices that are most commonly used. We were able to fix all the rendering issues pretty quick.

CONS

It only shows what is wrong but doesn't suggest a coding fix for it. That would have been nice.

Reviewed September 2017

Great customer support

PROS

I made a mistake by signing up for a 'free' trail on litmus and misread some of the terms that came with that. One of them being that i would be signed up for a annual account costing me a considerable amount of money. However i missed this vital information since i was assuming this was a free/trail account. I contacted the support team of Litmus explaining my situation and they were very understanding and considerate. They said to refund my money and were sorry for the anxiety this mistake has caused me. Very helpful and very understanding. So for customer support i would give them a 10 out of 10!

CONS

Perhaps a little less use of the word ' free' during the sign up process. To prevent any mixups. You could also but a '*' after the word 'free' and clarify what 'free' in this context means.

Eleni

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

A must-have for email sends

The platform is very versatile which is great when it comes to design and layout. The platform is easy to use - pretty much anyone can use it no matter how uncomfortable you are with platforms or even if you've never used it before. If you want indepth insights into your emails, deliverability, previews etc, this is a must.

PROS

I've used this for almost two years and I've found this to be a vital part of my email campaign strategy. All email clients and apps work differently and the way you design an email in one platform may not translate all that well to email clients, so this is a great way of working out how to optimise your emails.The UI is very clear, easy to use and no jargon. Simply send your email to your litmus address, click on Preview and then you can see all of your emails in different clients/apps/desktop vs mobile in one go. You can include more previews if you need to, but generally you can use the ones included in your basic plan and that covers you as there are so many to view. Depending on your license, you can have your email proofed, analytics for your email and also get recommendations on how to improve your email.

CONS

They recently took away their subject line and preview header testing function which I really loved. Plus, it can get a little expensive for this platform, so depending on the size of your organisation, number of emails sent and how experienced you are with email marketing, you do need to take into consideration what level of plan you get. If you're experienced with email marketing (design, layout, optimisation) you probably wouldn't use this as much, but it's still a very useful tool.

Thomas

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2020

BEWARE

TERRIBLE experience. Hard-selling staff, severe contractual terms

PROS

The software does what it says it can do: validate email design across all typical platforms

CONS

Bait and Switch tactics: if your usage exceeds your plan's amount, they will automatically force you into a higher service level contract, without warning. In our case, this included switching from a monthly contract to an annual.

Byron

Publishing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Great product, multiple uses

My teams use Litmus daily for creative routing, spam testing, and rendering tests. I am very pleased and would certainly recommend it.

PROS

The expanding functionality. We have made great use of the features Litmus has added such as the deliverability/spam testing and content review.

CONS

The mobile app is not great and you really need the desktop to get full experience.

Reason for choosing Litmus

Cost/usage fees.

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Robust Business, Product and Services E-commerce Management GURU

Tremendous and robust B2C interactive mutual engagement and optimum clients satisfaction. E-commerce marketing automation campaign tool.

PROS

Multi-device/branding and purposed SSO enables me to reach large number of clients and gain more prospects via large volume outbound emailing. Capability to manage email contact list and maintaining best interactive clients engagement par 24/7/12/365. Availability and affordability is an added advantage.

CONS

We are more satisfied with every module it have since it has great impact, nothing to like least.

Reviewed January 2017

Made my job easier

After being thrust into my email coding career I would send test emails only to the email accounts I had (Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, Outlook). I was not confident in coding emails in the beginning so I started my search for a better way to test emails. Once I began using Litmus my coding life became less stressful and I became more confident when sending emails. I recommend Litmus for every email marketer. Litmus' resources have been a large contributor in helping me learn responsive design and coding. The Litmus community is a great place to have your coding issues answered or for you to help other coders with issues.

PROS

Email builder. Engagement, email clients, and geolocation analytics. Large selection of email provider previews. Spam Testing Community to have coding questions answered. Users Conference. Checklists to help make sure your email is sent without problems. Landing Page previews. Learning resources.

Reviewed January 2019

Everything you need for email development and testing

PROS

Litmus' Builder is worth a subscription in and of itself, after building with this tool it'll be difficult to use any other solution.

CONS

I find the ability to organize emails and campaigns somewhat lacking. There is no option to create folders or depth for this.

Pooja

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Solid email building and testing tool

PROS

User friendly builder Continuously improving based on customer feedback Great preview feature Analytics Checklist

CONS

Limited CAN-SPAM testing A few more metrics in analytics would be nice

Reason for choosing Litmus

Email on Acid was too basic for our needs.

Hannah

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2019

The best email tester on the market

The best testing experience for emails, quite simple to get used to and mostly an accurate representation of emails.

PROS

It's test were VERY accurate and helped with my learning of developing with QA in mind.

CONS

Got the tests wrong from time to time, but is definitely the best of any email tester I have used