• Pros

• "This product has great functionality and is a great substitute for Outlook . Lots of integrations."

• "Easy to use, nice and convinient filter and search, pretty design."

• "I love the ease with which I can manage all my email accounts in one place. The feature set Mailbird provides is amazing. I can't imagine needing anything else."

• Cons

• "The only problem was the lack of any kind of rules/filters, but it was added recently after the update. It could be free so everyone could use it."

• "Nothing at the moment.. had a minor issue with win10 regarding to resolution...but not a big deal.. i thinks its not mailbirds problem"

• "It would be good if this app could be use on mobile phones"

Browse MailBird Reviews

Nicholas from Languages2u

Great email client

Very positive. I've received good customer service and the price is very reasonable given that it's a one-off payment.

Pros

Set out nicely with a clear design. Love having whatsapp dropbox and google calendar all in one place integrated into the email client.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think of I don't like about the product. I am very happy with it.

Reasons for Choosing MailBird

I preferred the design and how easy it was to use.

Stacy from Unknown Paranormal

Inbox zero!

Mailbird gives me what other desktop email programs didn't, a chance to stay on top of my emails. It's fast and with the unified mailbox, emails don't get lost in the shuffle. When my team first switched, we were able to import all the email settings from the other mail program we were using. Setup was instant!

Pros

The best thing about this software is the unified inbox. I have twelve email addresses, and when using other similar desktop email software, I would have to click on each email address to view the inbox of each. With this, it combines all the new email together, which helps to keep on top of all my emails.

Cons

The desktop software is spot on, it is hard to find a fault. My only wish is that there was a mobile version of this software for my phone.

Reasons for Choosing MailBird

Honestly, the unified inbox was a huge selling point, but the customization options also helped me decide. Mailbird also has several useful integrations available, which allows us to not only stay on top of our emails, but also our social media accounts and more!

Reasons for Switching to MailBird

Outlook has been around a long time, and it's not a bad email program, if you are only using it for one email address, but if you have multiple email addresses, like myself and my team, then it quickly became a hassle.

Ness from Blackbird Code

Odd user interface, no way to remove banner

It's kind of itchy. I might go back to Thunderbird, might not.

Pros

Works for multiple accounts, it doesn't run in a browser.

Cons

The UI takes a lot of getting used to. I often find myself clicking on the wrong thing, even after a year. It doesn't allow you to undelete messages (not usually, anyhow). Various small things. But the reason I came here to write this review is that they put a big, hot-pink banner (advertising a "sale" of some kind) across the top of it, and there is no way to remove it. How inconsiderate is that? Customer service has been very nice, but unable to help.

Reasons for Switching to MailBird

Thunderbird hasn't been improving in recent years.

Kimary from Hospitality Services

Dissatisfied. Took a few weeks to experience many program deficiencies & they refused to refund me

Very disappointing. Did much work to set up folders and bring over saved e-mails and get all my contacts transferred just to find Mailbird lacking basic features that have been around for over a decade in other FREE emails.

Pros

Now that I've switched I've found more deficiencies in their design than good. I guess the best so far was customer service helped my husband figure out how to import my 900 contacts from my former Live Mail. And their service reps are pleasant and easy to understand but they can't help you much because the program is so limited. But they are very pleasant when they tell you "Mailbird can't do that" to most the service requests I've made.

Cons

If you do a search of your e-mails you cannot erase in search mode. Meaning once the temporary need to retain emails on a certain topic expires you can search and SEE the dozens of emails you are now ready to erase but you can't erase them. One must write down all the dates or just manually scroll through to erase ONE AT A TIME. Major program flaw. Also you can't decrease the amount of space between returns, & there is no condensed font so if you compose things people will need to print out it will annoyingly take extra paper and ink to print. The bottom line is that my former FREE email was capable of so many basic things mail bird is not capable of and took more than a little over 14 days to experience each limitation as I had need to use the feature. So now I have to waste the money I paid for Mailbird and go to a more progressed e-mail design and I'm not even done moving everything to Mailbird yet.

Michael from MKM Thunderbird Trading CC

Mailbird - Best Email Application

Mailbird offers a once-off licence purchase which a great plus for such a powerful email application. It has many other features which are top-notch like email tracking feature, advanced search, calendar slider.

Pros

Mailbird has never let me down, from the easiness of adding accounts, and its integration with calendar and contacts, it's just the best email application.

Cons

Mailbird can be a bit slow once in a while but I can live with that, it's not that bad. Sometimes when adding an email account, it is not that smooth.

Reasons for Switching to MailBird

I wanted an application that is reliable, easy to use (user-friendly), modern and intuitive. Mailbird is that for me.

Jeremy from Closer To God

Mailbird Is A Fantastic Software for Managing Multiple Email Accounts

I have more emails than any human being should have. Mailbird has helped me to tame this monster and saved me a TON OF TIME doing it. Thank you Mailbird!

Pros

I love the unified account that allows me to view an inbox for all of my email accounts. The emails are then color coded so I know who it's being sent to. My other favorite feature is being able to click an email and have all emails from the same sender provided immediately in list format. This allows me to quickly empty my emails and overcome inbox overwhelm =)

Cons

There are no cons on this software that I have found personally. If I could request one feature, it would be to match the categorization of emails like you see in Gmail. At least provide the option to have your categories match how Gmail sorts them and/or provide a filtering option to either view or not view those emails in those categories such as newsletters, financial, etc.

Reasons for Switching to MailBird

I just liked the layout better and it paid off huge!

Gjergji from Education

Fast, attractive email client

Pros

It is fast, it loads fast. Very attractive interface. Very easy to use, all in one Inbox. I love the integration with Whatsapp, Wunderlist, gCalendar, gKeep and many more.

Cons

I miss some right-click menu options and tabs. I have accounts with lots of folder and I have to scroll to check them. If I could use tabs, they will show if any emails is in folder. I would like for external links such as in Twitter, Whatsapp to be opened in my default browser rather than in the built-in. You can play Twitter video inside Mailbird.

Reasons for Choosing MailBird

I wanted to have a full trial, but not ready to pay for the price, but luckily there was an huge discount. I got Mailbird for 4 USD.

Andrea from Self employed

Google users, beware...

Lots of eye candy and an apparently sound and robust engine. Still, some key functions were missing for me (Google calendars in the first place), so I moved on to a different software. But you may want to have a look for yourselves.

Pros

A very pleasant user interface, brilliant layout and use of colors. Attachment management is also impressive (you can preview attachments from all messages in one place, scroll through them, search them, etc.). Multiple accounts can be accommodated easily into a single inbox, each one with its own colors and icons.

Cons

Although they advertise the ability to integrate Google services, such as calendars, this is not working for most users (meaning all users for which Google has banned generic browsers). Accordingly, you cannot integrate your Google calendar in Mailbird, something that was not clearly explained on their website.

Reasons for Switching to MailBird

I wanted to have different colors for individual accounts within my unified inbox, something that Mailbird can manage very efficiently

Sandro Roberto from ACOPAMEC

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Mailbird é para quem gosta de eficiência e simplicidade! Cumpre seu papel com louvor!

Pros

Muita facilidade de uso, fácil sincronização com o e-mail, muito prático e simples, torna a experiência de uso fantástica. Fácil personalização, com opção para tema escuro o que ajuda muito na visualização. Criação de pastas por assunto ou tags. Atualizações para melhora do programa bem regulares. Cumpre como prometido todas as tarefas que um bom webmail deve ter.

Cons

Meio complicado de configurar algumas opções por que o menu é meio confuso. Principalmente para inserir assinatura. As propagandas são necessárias, mas em um certo ponto se tornam irritantes.

Reasons for Switching to MailBird

Extremamente pesado, confuso e muito trabalhoso para configurar. Além do mais foi descontinuado há pouco tempo. Mas a troca se deu antes disso por que os problemas já tinham se tornado insuportáveis

Franz from Fratotec Informatica

Unified Inbox with email tracking

Trying to get Inbox-Zero across several mail accounts

Pros

Unified Inbox across several accounts with the ability to move / archive messages across accounts. Builtin e-mail tracking and delayed send (requires that the computer is on with mailbird running in backgroud) Integration with several programs ( Dropbox / Google Drive attachments ... etc )

Cons

only Windows version. I use Newton Mail in parallel, which as Windows / MacOS / Android / iOS versions, but it lacks the option to move messages across accounts.

Reasons for Choosing MailBird

Cross-accounts mail archiving and moving

Danny from SkySpecs

Mailbird is by far the best email client I have ever used and it helped me get to Inbox Zero

Mailbird helped me reach and maintain Inbox Zero for 1.5 years and counting. I am now far more organized in my life by being able to handle my email as it comes in daily instead of letting it fall behind.

Pros

Mailbird is single-handedly the best software that I have implemented in the last few years. I tried every desktop email client I could find and was extremely impressed with Mailbird right from the start. My goal in transitioning from Gmail in a browser to a desktop client was to be able to answer all of my emails while traveling and being disconnected from the internet. Now Gmail has an offline mode, but Mailbird still beats using Gmail in the browser because of all of its other features. I love having a shortcut [ctrl-alt-space] to start an email from anywhere on my computer. Their shortcut keys allow for very fast email composing, reading, and managing. There are many software integrations so you can sync to all of your email accounts, calendars, chats, project management software, etc. My New Year's Resolution in 2016 was to get to Inbox Zero and stay there. Mailbird helped me do this by organizing all of my email, making it easy to sort, and quickly reply. I am still at Inbox Zero 1.5 years later. It does a great job organizing your contacts, handling attachments, and managing your folders. It even has a way to search only your attachments to find that document from months ago that you can't remember who sent.

Cons

I really don't have any cons in using Mailbird other than they don't have a mobile app. This isn't a huge problem as there are other apps for mobile, but it would be very helpful to have the same look and feel on a phone.

Love the Software - but they do collect your addresses.

I really do like the software better than any other email client I have used, so I am sticking with them for now. I hope they are true to their word on only collecting email addresses that you use Mailbird to check. I don't believe they share addresses with any outside company and have only received one sales email from them.

Pros

Easy to use and integrates well with Gmail, Office 365, and just about any email account you would use. Very simple but powerful interface. Love that it has a 'Unified Account' where you can see emails from the accounts you choose, but still leave your 'spam' email account out (you get to choose which accounts show up there). Search seems to work really well, even better than Outlook with both gmail and Office 365 accounts.

Cons

They DO collect email addresses that you use Mailbird to check. I was surprised to get an email solicitation to purchase the business version to an account that I had set up but never shared with Mailbird (I used a different account to purchase.) I would have rated them 5 stars across the board if it were not for this. I read online where someone from Mailbird was comparing this to google saying that google collects all sorts of data. The difference is that google is close to being a trillion dollar company with a lot to lose. Everyone knows they collect data and either accept it or use something else. I had never heard of Mailbird until several weeks ago, and their website makes it sound like they do not collect this information when they actually do. "Mailbird also no longer sends name and email address to the License Management System. " (this appears to be a new 'update', but I confirmed that it has been on the website for the last several months at least.) All of their 'add-ons' are really just opening web apps in a side bar. They don't appear to have any real integration with the program. There are two places to 'opt out' of data sharing. When you first set up the program it asks you, then you have to also go into settings -> advanced and un-check 'Share performance and usage data'.

Adrian from Adrian Largu

It's great to have options

I'm a long term Microsoft proprietary software user, like most other people, and it is scary to see, year after year, how little they care about what they put out there. Nothing I ever purchased from Microsoft worked as expected out of the box (Windows, Office, SQL, Surface Pro, SurfaceBook) - I spend almost as much time googling unhelpful error messages and trying to fix their unfinished products as I do using their products. After a streak of problems with Outlook and many hours wasted trying to make it work as intended, I found Mailbird, which had a free plan at the time. I installed it on both my Surface Pro and Windows PC as a back-up email client for when Outlook crashed. As you would expect, I've had many opportunities to use Mailbird. It felt like Mailbird was designed by people who actually use email - which was definitely a breath of fresh air. A week later, I bought a license (although Exchange wasn't supported at the time) to support them on this journey. I still depended on Outlook for the Calendar integration, but having something that 'just works' as an alternative for everything else did make my suffering bearable. Support is spot-on: they don't insult your intelligence by telling you to run 'sfc /scannow' each time you have a problem. Unlike most others *cough* they are knowledgeable about their product and very helpful on each occasion. I have nothing but love for the underdog.

Pros

+ Not made by Microsoft + Beautiful interface + Intuitive + Customisable

Cons

- Can only choose font sizes from a static list (Font size 11 is not available) - Cannot scroll through the body of an email with mouse middle click

Wendy from DMI (Digital Management, Inc.)

I love that I can pull in multiple email accounts into 1 unified view to easily manage all my email

This software saves me many hours per week performing email management tasks. By pulling all my email into a single unified interface, I can process emails as soon as they come in and not get bogged down by email clutter.

Pros

The ability to pull in ANY email account that I have, from Yahoo, Outlook.com, Gmail, to any IMAP or POP email account. I have multiple email accounts and having them all in one interface is great. I can segregate them by clicking on each different email account icon, or I can view them all together in a single view, which I love. In addition, I can color code the messages from each account so even in unified view, I can still quickly and easily tell which email account they were sent to. I also like that you can pull in popular apps right into the interface like Facebook, WhatsApp, Dropbox, Google calendar, Feedly and a ton others so you don't have to leave this app to get a quick glimpse of what's going on in those other apps. Also it's free so that's a big plus.

Cons

There's a lot of options and integrations which can seem a bit overwhelming to first-time users. And it can be tricky setting up non-standard (Yahoo/Gmail etc.) email accounts. But once you get it all set up and start using it, it's amazing!

Taylor from Fastbridge Learning LLC

Mailbird is a great non-MS alternative to Outlook.

Extremely happy. I use it everyday, I've sent the 'try me out' link to my coworkers because I love the program so much, which I almost never do. Try it out, see if it's for you. Email clients are often deeply personal things, and it's hard to quantify why one 'works' for you but not another. In this case it worked very well and I highly recommend giving it a try.

Pros

I love the clean design, the robust interoperability between POP and other email formats. It's extremely customizable with a good-sized ecosystem of add-on extensions and tools such as a Calendar app, a Toggl app for tracking time, and even one for Todoist to manage tasks. There are 'folders' for organizing (as opposed to 'tabs' like Gmail has, which has always sort of conceptually lost me.) It docks to the desktop well and unobtrusively, in addition to many little things that just make it a great user experience. The cost was absolutely phenomenal; I forget exactly what I paid but I got an amazing deal on a lifetime license last year, and I've never regretted the purchase.

Cons

This is more a gripe about email clients in general; it does not have the ability to define 'rules', which is the one thing that kept me in Outlook far longer than I ever should have. This is something that is pretty rare to find in email clients as a whole, so it's not a huge knock on Mailbird. It would be really nice though someday!

brad from Photography

Industry: Photography

Support VERY BAD

I ended up fixed my problems myself..nothing to do with anti virus/firewalls as I was told multiple times! The first request for help was over a month ago and an endless back and forth of generic emails blaming my firewalls (WHICH WAS NOT THE PROBLEM) ended in me finding a new email provider in the short term to be bale to function while I waited and waited and WAITED for a generic response with a wrong answer. I have to say I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with the lack of support (Long waits for a reply to just say "we haven't forgotten about you" and then days later only receive a generic email that just keeps telling me its my ant virus/firewall??!! Its just not good enough and a bit ridiculous really as email is very important and when its not working you have a FAST response (live chat even) and more one to one personal attention. I sent "Logs twice as they had asked me to do and they came back with no answers (turned out my password was incorrect but this was never even something they considering asking me to check..it was all about my antiviurs or fiirewalls which was had been turned off already but thats what they kept saying it was!) I have a full membership but will not be recommending it to anyone as the support is so bad and generic and unhelpful. Regards, Brad

Pros

It works ok sometimes what else do I need to say, this is not a good review

Cons

When it DOESNT WORK your on your own as Support is just generic emails that take days to reply and just give you generic answers that dont even work..shameful

Reasons for Switching to MailBird

support was too slow and not correct..can wait days for a reply

Christopher J from Cangshan Cutlery Company

Best Minimal Non Bloated Windows Email Client

Love this program, just wish it was ported to android as well. This fixes all the issues I have with Outlook, namely a clean, minimal interface and super quick functionality.

Pros

So Outlook is horrible. Bloated with useless features, slow, ugly, it's the worst. Mailbird is simple, which makes it fast. It has global keyboard shortcuts so you can send an email at any point in your workflow. The UX is clean and distraction free. And one of the best features, omni-inbox. Having all my emails go to one place makes managing email so easy.

Cons

Kind of a con, if you want to connect more than 3 email accounts you need to subscribe. Still, the price is affordable so not the worst thing. Also sometimes it bugs out with my outlook email accounts, I will repeatedly get error warnings, but I am still able to receive and send emails with the account, not sure what that's about.

Reasons for Switching to MailBird

Outlook, like most Microsoft software is bloated, ugly and at times infuriatingly unfunctional. I need something that just worked, worked quickly, and kept working.

Josemaria from Maynilad Student Services

Finally, a great email app with best form and function for Windows

Beauty will save the world. My philosophy is that if it's not beautiful and functional, I/people will not use it. Mailbird is great in terms of aesthetics and email app functionality. It just looks great, easy to use, and works! Some advanced features (filtering, search) may be a bit wanting. But for my daily use, it feels just like Gmail as it should be (on a beautiful platform).

Pros

It is a thing of beauty. Form meets function. It is much better than other Windows email apps, and I've tried a ton already (Thunderbird, Outlook, MS Mail...). It kind of reminds me of Spark mail which I use with my Mac. Keyboard shortcuts is the same with Gmail (by default) which made it easy for me to transition from browser based gmail to Mailbird. The Snooze function is also one of my favorites. It helps me achieve Zero-Inbox without worrying about the emails "I don't need to attend to right now but need to be reminded of some other time." Support team is very quick to respond and are indeed helpful. Even before I got my Mailbird Pro, they have been very responsive.

Cons

For more advanced email enthusiasts, it might disappoint that it currently does not have the ability to set up filters, or messaging rules. (Maybe you can set this up with gmail beforehand?) The search can also be made more powerful. Right now it can't search and/or sort by date.

Most reliable Gmail client

Very good. My daily native email driver. Light years better than Thunderbird and Outlook for Gmail.

Pros

Closest thing to an official native desktop client for Gmail. Connects and syncs quickly and easily. Replicates most (nearly all, with a few exceptions) of Gmail's features, including shortcut keys. Simple, logical UI very similar to Gmail.

Cons

* Need support for other email clients so you can merge email. * If you accidentally move mail out of Sent Mail, you cannot move it back in (this is a bug and they know about it, but it has not been fixed). On Gmail, you cannot move mail out of Sent Mail, which is how Mailbird should behave. * There are minor UI quirks that should be addressed. For example, right-click does not always bring up the correct context menu (it will often bring up Print instead of Spelling, for example). * Doesn't support email sorting, the #1 gripe people have with Gmail. On Outlook, for example, you can sort your Gmail (but overall, Outlook is weak with Gmail).

George from CGArtefacts

Clean Design, no fuss mail client

Mailbird helps me as a small business owner easily oversee my suite of emails. Also, I've easily set up the free version for all my team mates which only need one email account. We don't need special email features and yet I'm personally using 30-50% of the features Mailbird provides, the good thing is that they don't come in my way.

Pros

Very straight forward use, no extraneous features showed in your face all the time Very cheap for what it offers Customizable layouts for landscape or portrait monitor setup Dark mode UI

Cons

When opening links from add-ons apps (such as WhatsApp or Slack) it insists on opening them with their own implementation of a browser which is not practically usable. There are very occasional bugs but they all get ironed out very fast Setting up yahoo mail is a multiple step process, but I suppose that's the case with most email clients No functional proprietary spam filter

Hjalmar from University

Mailbird is a very simple to use but capable email client with some very handy app integrations.

Pros

Mailbird is an excellent and easy email client with which you can manage your different email accounts and your email's there within simple and quick. Third party app integration gives one the possibility to enhance once productivity by social media connections (Whatsapp and Facebook) and to-do lists, Google Calendar, Contacts, Keep, Evernote, Dropbox. This way, you have a very handy application which by a simple system of settings can be displayed in different manners. The email writer is easy and contains all necessary features.

Cons

There seems no pursue of the integration of more useful apps into mailbird but this might be in the development pipeline as well. A nicer automatic organizer of email groups (which groups all emails of one sender into one single group for easy management or tagging) would be very much appreciated.

Best email client I've found!

Mailbird provides seemless integration of multiple email accounts and excellent integration with other apps, providing a one-stop overview of most of my correspondence and task-management.

Pros

What I like most about Mailbird is the ease of managing my email workflow. Because of the ease of assigning inbox items or strategically snoozing items I want to visit later, I frequently operate with an "Inbox Zero" status. Using Mailbird has greatly helped me to get things done. The integration with other apps, especially Evernote and ToDoist, makes Mailbird even more useful. After using various cloud-based and offline apps, I plan to stay with Mailbird for a long time.

Cons

The only thing I'm less than pleased with is a display issue on my laptop when I switch to tablet mode. (Dell Inspiron 5000 series). Mailbird still works, but resolution is not what it should be in this mode. Given Mailbird's frequent updates and responsive customer service, I expect a solution to this is not far-off.

Christian from Northside Church of Christ

Easiest and most full featured e-mail manager that I've found.

Pros

Customer support is good. They are constantly making improvements. When I purchased, I had the option to buy it for life. The program easily manages all of my e-mail accounts. The settings for the program and for individual accounts are extensive. My favorite feature would have to be how easy it is to setup accounts. Many programs (especially from Microsoft) require a person to know all of the right settings. You can certainly edit those in Mailbird, but often don't need to.

Cons

There are periodic glitches with updates. The latest was the inability to scroll through messages using the mouse wheel. These things often get fixed eventually, but they are usually simple things that I use regularly so it is a nuisance. Many of the symbols are confusing. Not a big deal once you learn the product, but they aren't intuitive.

Oleg from ICG

Great Outlook alternative

When we started our way to go away from Microsoft, the first step was to find alternatives to MS Office, it was easy to find replacement for Word and Excel, but for Outlook it was really hard to find an alternative. Mailbird became almost a perfect replacement, and even beaten Outlook in Gmail integration and Unified inbox. Waiting a Linux version to continue our moving to Microsoft-free office.

Pros

- Unified inbox - Support for Gmail/GApps labels - Quick seach even in really big mailboxes (search in six mailboxes with total size 50+GB takes not more then 5 seconds) - Affordable price

Cons

- No Linux version (one of apps, that still holds me on Windows) - Search sometimes inaccurate, no complex search syntax - Unable to create multiple signatures on the same mailbox (e.g. for me it's useful to have Russian and English signature on my bussiness mailbox at the same time)

Very easy to use cheap mail exchange for desktop

Pros

-Very easy to use -Gmail keyboard shortcut just makes the email reading in a breeze. -Easy to manage accounts. -Nice dashboard and design. -Integrations allow users to not leave the app so you can see your calendar and docs. -Undo sent email is a lifesaver.

Cons

-Search option is not good. It needs to improve. -The attachments are stored separately and cannot edit when you open them. This loses us time when we edit or sign a paper. -Limited background and color options.

Vipin from TechRounder

Mail Bird Pro is my default emailer now

Pros

Easy to use, there is no unwated additional buttons on confusing functionality. Simple inferface makes it load faster and get notified instantly when a new message arrives.

Cons

There is no delete button while reading a messge individually in the popup window. If we needs to delete a mail after reading. we need to close the messge window and then needs to delete the messge from the list. It is a not simple.

Reasons for Choosing MailBird

Simplicity and fastet sync and response.

Nicholas from University of Ottawa

Industry: Research

One of the best clients on Windows

I've tried a number of clients before settling with this one. I heard Thunderbird is among the most popular, but it's nothing compared to Mailbird. I love using it.

Pros

Linking different e-mails is easy, as is sending from different e-mails. The search availability is useful, and I like how it displays your most recent search history. It has also a friendly interface - not too cluttered, but not over simplified either.

Cons

With the updated availability to review Google Sheets/docs directly in the e-mail, this limits my ability to multi-task, i.e., I cannot review other e-mails while viewing a Google Sheets document. I find myself often copying the link and then pasting it in my browser instead, because there's currently no way to 'opt out' of this option. I would like to be able to categorize my 'starred' emails. The availability to access your two most recent searches, rather than one, would make it more useful.

Mike from Adinmo

Needs Unified Calendar and .ics support

Great for mail, kind of crappy calendar experience.

Pros

It is great for email offering smart unified inbox and easy to navigate. It is also a quick and responsive app.

Cons

Won't open .ics files so need to use another program for a calendar. Also does not have a native calendar so needs to plug in to Google Calendar but it's per account and not unified.

Better for email

Mail client with the right functions

Love it and going to use it continuously

Pros

Before mailbird i have tired almost all the mail clients which available online of cause for free to try and free ones but i ended up using and buying mailbird coz they have understood what the user needs form an email client. You can add almost all your IMAP emails but not restricted to other protocols as well. Other thing is not loaded with too much functionality but the right and most needed ones. You can use collaboration tools inside the mailbird which is good feature.

Cons

Gary from GPS Concepts, Inc.

Mailbird to the Rescue

As noted above, I was looking for a solution for an offline email client. I wanted to try out clients before settling on a particular client. Mailbird free version gave me the opportunity to test the software for my needs before making an investment. Mailbird was easy to set up. i did have issues with syncing at times, but the help notes gave me a suggested solution and have not had a problem since.

Pros

I needed to find an offline mail client to access my AOL mail and be able to respond offline to send later. I wanted to have access to my contacts and be able to send group emails, changing groups as needed easily and quickly.

Cons

Sometimes syncing is an issue, but that may be due to the different internet connections while traveling.

Bryan from Trinity College Dublin

Industry: Research

Helpful for managing Work and Personal

Very positive experience, especially as I need to juggle work and personal. Find it a nice desktop alternative and has handy tools. Money well spent!

Pros

Very handy customisation features. Intuitive interface, simple and tidy layout for a smaller laptop. Lovely integration with select key applications (WhatsApp, Google Calendar) keep me on task and away from my phone during work.

Cons

The calendar integration could be better. It would be nice to have additional integration beyond a web portal. A mobile app would be nice - other apps are especially dominant there. Downloads from email attachments could be a bit better too. Like choosing folder etc.

Jonathon from Computer Hardware

Industry: Computer Hardware

Great software!

I have loved this program from the first time I installed it. Setup is easy, account setup wizard is a great and easy walkthrough, and it handles IMAP accounts with ease.

Pros

I have multiple accounts, personal and professional, all in one place. Outlook does now configure for some email servers, but this program come pre-configured with the correct protocols for all of the major web based email servers.

Cons

No direct interface with Antivirus. The program does not have an available interface that antivirus programs can use to pre-screen emails for viruses.

Reasons for Switching to MailBird

Microsoft Outlook does not have the ability to download Google email.

Philip from Three Monkeys Coffee Bar (Pty) Ltd

Industry: Restaurants

THE BEST EMAIL CLIENT THERE IS, WITHOUT DOUBT

10/10 Seriously. Stop vacillating and get Mailbird.

Pros

I've used pretty much all of them over the last thirty years. Mailbird is far and away the best. Pure and simple. Easy to set up. Supremely functional. Clean and delightful. You will love it. I have many email addresses and many personalities - easy for Mailbird. You won't be disappointed, even if you have Gmail already!

Cons

I can't think of any cons about Mailbird. I have never said, 'Oooh, I wish Mailbird had this." This is a superb product. Superb, I tell you.

Reasons for Choosing MailBird

Mailbird offers a simple and clean interface. If you're looking for a robust, intelligent, pure and simple mail client, which can handle multipe email addresses and personaities, look no further.

Juan Franco from Evergreen Supply PR

If there's one email client that made my life easier?

It made managing emails enjoyable and with the intuitive controls and UI/UX design, it's not that hard to notice. They also give bang for your buck when you subscribe to their premium package. I've been using it since 2017 and intend to use it longer.

Pros

This would be it. I've tried other email clients and this was by far the easiest to install and sync all my accounts. Working with different email addresses in work and personal with Mailbird made everything seamless. Their customer service is also top notch. The updates are delivered in a timely manner and they care about their clients so much. And the GoT themes? Just WOW!

Cons

To be honest, there wasn't. It was my fault on why I my personal website's email wouldn't sync. As far as cons go, there is none that I've encountered.

Mehmetali from Üçer Consultant

Most Functional E-Mail Client

I have never used another e-mail client, since I met Mailbird. I hope thats enough.

Pros

I have been reaching my e-mail account by Web browser for along time. I discover Mailbird and everything changed. Most functional e-mail client I have use ever. User interface is so simplificative. It has not so many buttons on UI like others. Interface not exhausting for eyes. Especially Ideal for intensive works. You can focus directly e-mail contents. Dark Theme and many extensions makes it more cool.

Cons

Twitter extension does not work and internal İnternet browser should be more functional.

Brandon from Dr. Brandon Santan

MailBird is a serious contender for best email app

Overall I'm able to use Mailbird for all my email accounts and combine everything into one email app which is great. No more switching back and forth to multiple different apps.

Pros

Mailbird is a great full featured email app that works smoothly on my Windows 10 computer. It's replaced all other mail apps (including Microsoft Outlook). It has a wide variety of settings for customization. I can add emails from all accounts very easily and it works flawlessly.

Cons

I do have a difficult time adding POP3 and IMAP accounts at times. It's unclear why at this point so I'd like to see an easier way to add those types of email accounts.

David from U. S. Bureau of Reclamation

My Email Manager!

I have used OutLook but didn't need all the "bells and whistles" it provided; MailBird provides a stable, happy medium of reliability and features.

Pros

Easy to learn and use; can be modified/personalized; works with all my email services.

Cons

Would enjoy being able to automatically identify selected incoming email sources and have them marked as "important" or "starred" for quick identification when looking at new emails. All unread emails are identifed with a "blue dot" and also are mildly hightlighted - this highlighting is unnecessary and sometimes makes locating the last opened email difficult.

Benjamin E from Writing and Editing

Industry: Writing and Editing

Not Just an Email Client!

As a freelance writer, I manage multiple email accounts for personal and business communications, not to mention to-do lists, calendars, and notes. Previously, this would require several apps and pinned tabs in Chrome, which are a pain to track and clutter my space. Mailbird ties everything up nicely.

Pros

I like that Mailbird ties together all my email addresses and a few other web apps in just one program. Honestly, this single application has replaced about half a dozen others, which keeps my taskbar and systray cleaner. It also seems to have a lighter memory footprint, at least compared to opening multiple apps and webpages in Chrome.

Cons

Could use a few more customizable elements and integrations, specifically chat integrations, but these aren't deal breakers.

James from Visibilis

One of the best in market email platforms

Very impressed with the software - great value for money with lots of useful and brilliant features. A good email client with features similar to Microsoft Outlook and that can support multiple email accounts.

Pros

If you like Microsoft Outlook but you use another email client like GMail then you'll love this. It provides you with the features that make Microsoft Outlook great and adds additional functionality on top of that. Highly customisable as well - one of the best email platforms I have used! If you buy the Pro version as well it's really good value for money and you can buy a lifetime licence for a one off fee.

Cons

It offers a free version but the free version has advertisements and less functionality than the pro version. Although to be fair, the functionality you get in the pro version isn't a big improvement and some might not find it worth the money. The main benefit in my opinion is getting rid of the advertisments.

Eric from Bosch USA

I love this email client!

Mailbird help me organize my various email accounts and gives me the ability to have them all in my place. This really provides easy access to my mails, help me quickly access and send emails and ensures I don't miss any emails.

Pros

The first then I'll mention is that Mailbird us pretty easy to use. Another thing is the various add-ons that can be enabled. They make the user experience even more satisfying. I also like that there's a dark mode. It makes it easy to use it at night. The snooze option is another feature I love and use quite often.

Cons

I've never had any issues with this software. Works perfectly for me.

Quentin from Di-CIE

The best mail software of the market

This software helps me daily

Pros

It s awesome : i love to have my trello, calendar, twitter and more on the same windows.

Cons

Mailbird need to do more update, more frequently, and add some fonctionnalities (i loved to have comptability/financial tool)

Djordje from KT Design

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great overall

It is excellent. Just the text issues I mentioned above are my complain.

Pros

How well designed it is. Simple, clean customizable with colors etc. And also the fact that I can very easy use all of my email accounts at one place.

Cons

Zooming in the emails, makes text hardly readable. (sometimes even when not zooming att all) Especially the ones I am actually writing to send. This is an issue all the time and no update is fixing it so far. It is a big fat bug in the software. (I am using sometimes 4K monitor with 125% scaling in Windows10 so that could affect this behavior, but even when I go to my Laptop with native 1080p with no scaling at all, same thing happens.) So please take a deeper look at this and try to solve it.

The best email client software

I tried Mailbird several years ago and was amazed at the feature set. However there were some minor growing pains to get to where we are today. That's where Mailbird support stepped in. They made me feel like their most important customer and worked diligently to solve all my issues. I am a lifetime license holder and would never even consider using anything else

Pros

Cons

On occasion the software disconnects from email servers for Hotmail and AOL.

Skyler from Skyler Bird Web Design

Mailbird Pro is Great

I have been using Mailbird Pro for about two years now and couldn't imagine switching back to Outlook. It looks great, it's easy to use, all of the web apps I normally use with my email are directly integrated into the app. Custom support is out of this world, they consistently get back to me within a few hours with the exact answer that I need.

Pros

It's super easy to use and the interface is very clean and approachable. The multi-account support, and all of the add-ons make Mailbird the only email client I need.

Cons

No option to schedule emails for sending yet (although the support team said that they've been thinking about it)

David P from Gamblit Gaming, LLC

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

The Unified Inbox Heavyweight

Pros

By far, my most liked feature is the instant search at the click of the mouse. I found it by accident one afternoon. I clicked a profile icon and BOOM! all the email exchanged between Dominos pizza and myself was right there in front of me. Granted, it was mostly a one sided conversation on their part, but my personal trainer seemed to be pleased to have all the evidence of how I gained that five extra pounds right on the screen.

Cons

I most admit, I don't see the benefit of the Services tab. Its little more than advertisements for services with no perceivable discount offered. Perhaps this is how Mailbird is able to offer such great software for so little?

Jason from Metro Community College

A Great Email Client

I love using Mailbird and have paid for pro versions of its application on every computer I own.

Pros

Mailbird can truly be an all in one productivity solution for you and your business. It integrates email, Evernote, Todoist, and more into a single application that easy to learn and fun to use.

Cons

One of the only things I wish Mailbird had was the ability to have multiple email signatures that can be switched through from a single email address.

Reasons for Switching to MailBird

Needed the additional productivity features and ability for customization.

Susan from Self Employed

Industry: Graphic Design

One Inbox To Rule Them All

Mailbird allows me to easily manage multiple email address at an affordable price.

Pros

Mailbird is great at consolidating all of your emails into one application. It's super simple to set up a new account.

Cons

I wish I had the option to upload my own icon for each email account. Unless I want to set up a Gravatar for every email address I am stuck with using the app's built-in icons. Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish which email address you are viewing. Life is already complicated enough. No need in adding more confusion.

Dave from Religious institutions

Gotta Love It !!!

My experience with Mailbird has been great. Before I bought it, I couldn't figure something out and so I contacted Mailbird and sure enough, the next time I opened the app there was a very easy to follow answer from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] waiting for me. I did not have to wait long for an answer.

Pros

The features. There is a feature for everything under the sun. Although I'm a pretty basic person, I do have a calendar installed.

Cons

No least about it. I love how straight forward everything is.

Reasons for Choosing MailBird

I chose Mailbird because of ease of use, great product support and price.

Gene from Seraph Films, L.L.C.

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

The Best E-mail app on Windows

Pros

Making the transition from Mac to PC can be a bit shocking. Often windows applications lack the elegant design or simplicity in the interface. MailBird’s clean and customizable design makes checking e-mail so much nicer. In addition, it’s integration with other software means you almost never need to launch other applications.

Cons

This is a bit nitpicking since most other email applications do not even connect with other apps, but I wish it had a few more integrations.

Jakub from Freelance

Industry: Graphic Design

Pretty and quite useful mailing client

I started to like emailing when it finally look nice and pretty. If you don't need complex mailing client and looking for something good looking and useful - that's it.

Pros

For me it's best looking mailing client, finally something more than just regular ugly window with ton of icons. It's well organized and you can change placement of elements the way you want. It's great that other software like dropbox and evernote connected in pro version. User interface is great. Choice of colors, proportions and fonts is really good and it's important to me as a designer.

Cons

There's lack of some useful features that you can have in browser with gmail, like drag and drop conversation to folder or fact that you can't add more recipients while you're writing quick reply. Little details, but they can be a bit annoying sometimes. Sometimes I don't like that settings are quite limited and I don't have as much features as in other mailing clients like Outlook. I was also looking for free email client - you've got to pay for pro version and there is lot of software that is free. I'm using free version so my email client is containing ads and my account list is limited to three.