Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"It's great that other software like dropbox and evernote connected in pro version."
  • icon"Integrations allow users to not leave the app so you can see your calendar and docs. Undo sent email is a lifesaver."
  • icon"It is great for email offering smart unified inbox and easy to navigate. It is also a quick and responsive app."
  • icon"Unfortunately we are a 365 business so its a non starter for us and getting cut of from support for being uncomplimentary when we are a paying customer is unprofessional to say the least."
  • icon"The settings are rather unintuitive. Some harmful attachments are downloaded when they are classified as spam."

Have you used MailBird and would like to share your experience with others?

All MailBird Reviews

Masturah

All my email in one place

I tried this software after having a problem to synchronized my email with the Outlook and have use it since then.

Pros

Best thing managing email with MailBird is, it can combine all of my email boxes in this single place and i can monitor and track all my email in here. I can search and filter the email that i want to find by the email address, or from all of the address easily. MailBird really is the best email manager software.

Cons

Some of the email server is not working well with this software. I tried to adding my Yandex email account, but the software keep showing error and can not complete the process. All other email server work perfectly with this software, but not Yandex Mail.

Victor

It just works!

I have many different inboxes that I have to keep track of. Having to switch accounts to check everything at least a few times a day was very time-consuming. Since switching to MailBird I get all my accounts synced to a unified inbox and notified whenever I receive an email. That makes it much easier to stay on top of my work and keep track of everything with minimal effort which could easily save a lot of time.

Pros

The best thing about MailBird is that everything works. I have been using it for many years and it has been very reliable with no problems at all. Everything you should expect from your mail client is there with a few extra features as well but most importantly I have not encountered a single issue since I started using MailBird.

Cons

It might look a little bit basic and does not compare with all the fancy web-like interfaces that most newer software has. But don't let it fool you, there are a lot of great features that make MailBird a powerful tool, and most importantly what it does, it does well.

Reasons for switching to MailBird

To get a unified inbox instead of checking many accounts on a regular basis. The reason I chose MailBird instead of syncing my Gmail accounts was to ensure I can keep everything separated when needed and still have the ability to choose a unified inbox.

If You Have An Exchange Account that isn’t related to a business, don’t buy this!!!

This is the third time in the last few years that I’ve bought and used mailbird. I immediately remembered upon buying it why I deleted it very soon after… upon writing their customer support really hit home these issues: Here’s a paraphrased conversation from their support: Me: Hi, I have an exchange account that is my school account as I am a student that needs to work with the other inboxes. It’s not a business and I don’t need business features or to pay for a business plan bc I am not a business- is there a work around? Otherwise I’d appreciate a refund. Things weren’t as advertised and not I’m being bombarded with messages within the app to upgrade to business and I don’t have a business account. Support: you can change the IMAP settings. Me: how/where/what do you I change them to? You have no docs or articles to help and your doesn’t allow me to do anything other than choose a new url for the outgoing server. I cannot even access the incoming server. Support: (a different person) Buy MB business! (Then proceeds in many different long paragraphs to try to sell me a business upgrade/account. Me: I cannot delete the exchange account as the app crashes. Once again, I am not a business and won’t be upgrading just to have my student account with my other four accounts. Please help me by addressing the other things I spoke to. Support: x4 more times (ignores my concerns) Buy business!! (Proceeds in paragraphs to try to sell me MB Business, pasted similar pitch…

Pros

The UI and the ease of use, versus outlook, mail, etc.

Cons

They have absolutely terrible support that fails to seemingly even read your request, let alone addrsss your concerns and help you work through them. One thing I can say is that their support the last time I ordered this product was MUCH BETTER. They changed their app so the workaround for adding an exchange account seems virtually impossible unless you want to upgrade to business. And then they repeatedly ram you into buying a business account, regardless of whether you need it or not. As someone whose worked in customer success, service, and sales for 18+ This company likely won’t survive if their only response to complains and issues is ramming a product the customer doesn’t need down their throats and not addressing any of their issues. Good support that retains customer and reduces churn actually had the customer’s best interest in mind… it’s clear by how things are ran here, and my multiple support tickets that all pan out the same, that is most definitely not the case with this product. Such a shame bc I actually love the functionality, and as a web developer, I know that UIX with these apps are absolutely terrible.

Tomas

Industry: Market Research

September 2022

If you want a solid, easy email management tool, this is it. Plus no more Outlook.

Very happy with the performance of the software, the simple process and I love the ability to "see" all the important stuff clearly and quickly. The calendar integration is great, so no double checking on different apps and the tracking and filter options are great. Will recommend it to anyone that doesn't want big names to manage their email.

Pros

What I like most is the ability qto manage all my 6 accounts in one place. Plus features like the Time settings to send the email or the tracking of emails are good decision breakers. I wanted out of Outlook this was a charm.

Cons

Maybe the left bar of the account icons, if too many some are not seen directly.p

Reasons for switching to MailBird

Tired of missing email and PST system.

Stacy

Inbox zero!

Mailbird gives me what other desktop email programs didn't, a chance to stay on top of my emails. It's fast and with the unified mailbox, emails don't get lost in the shuffle. When my team first switched, we were able to import all the email settings from the other mail program we were using. Setup was instant!

Pros

The best thing about this software is the unified inbox. I have twelve email addresses, and when using other similar desktop email software, I would have to click on each email address to view the inbox of each. With this, it combines all the new email together, which helps to keep on top of all my emails.

Cons

The desktop software is spot on, it is hard to find a fault. My only wish is that there was a mobile version of this software for my phone.

Reasons for choosing MailBird

Honestly, the unified inbox was a huge selling point, but the customization options also helped me decide. Mailbird also has several useful integrations available, which allows us to not only stay on top of our emails, but also our social media accounts and more!

Reasons for switching to MailBird

Outlook has been around a long time, and it's not a bad email program, if you are only using it for one email address, but if you have multiple email addresses, like myself and my team, then it quickly became a hassle.

Jeremy

Mailbird Is A Fantastic Software for Managing Multiple Email Accounts

I have more emails than any human being should have. Mailbird has helped me to tame this monster and saved me a TON OF TIME doing it. Thank you Mailbird!

Pros

I love the unified account that allows me to view an inbox for all of my email accounts. The emails are then color coded so I know who it's being sent to. My other favorite feature is being able to click an email and have all emails from the same sender provided immediately in list format. This allows me to quickly empty my emails and overcome inbox overwhelm =)

Cons

There are no cons on this software that I have found personally. If I could request one feature, it would be to match the categorization of emails like you see in Gmail. At least provide the option to have your categories match how Gmail sorts them and/or provide a filtering option to either view or not view those emails in those categories such as newsletters, financial, etc.

Reasons for switching to MailBird

I just liked the layout better and it paid off huge!

Deena

Pay once and never have to pay for your desktop calendar, email, todolist again.

Pros

Similar to Outlook but it can be purchased as a stand-alone, which Outlook can't. No need to worry about continually having to pay for another upgrade, pay once and forget about it. Lifetime free upgrades. Can sync to google calendar, Todoist, Facebook, LinkedIn, among other apps. Works well with digitally signed emails.

Cons

So far, there is nothing that I do not like about Mailbird.

Reasons for choosing MailBird

Mailbird works with my digital signing certificates better than Thunderbird did.

Cost and efficiency.

Desiree

Multitude of features but at the risk of privacy?

I chose not to utilize this software as previously stated.

Pros

There were a lot of apps you could connect with it which increased efficiency.

Cons

I couldn't get customer service to be direct about Facebook and/or other apps you plug into it having access to all your mail info or even info within other plugged in apps. Security and privacy for individuals is becoming more and more of an issue/invasion. Although this software offered a lot of integrations and functionalities, I ultimately chose to uninstall it due to privacy concerns.

The app plugins

Reasons for switching to MailBird

eM Client was giving me some technical issues connecting to my Microsoft accounts.

Wendy

I love that I can pull in multiple email accounts into 1 unified view to easily manage all my email

This software saves me many hours per week performing email management tasks. By pulling all my email into a single unified interface, I can process emails as soon as they come in and not get bogged down by email clutter.

Pros

The ability to pull in ANY email account that I have, from Yahoo, Outlook.com, Gmail, to any IMAP or POP email account. I have multiple email accounts and having them all in one interface is great. I can segregate them by clicking on each different email account icon, or I can view them all together in a single view, which I love. In addition, I can color code the messages from each account so even in unified view, I can still quickly and easily tell which email account they were sent to. I also like that you can pull in popular apps right into the interface like Facebook, WhatsApp, Dropbox, Google calendar, Feedly and a ton others so you don't have to leave this app to get a quick glimpse of what's going on in those other apps. Also it's free so that's a big plus.

Cons

There's a lot of options and integrations which can seem a bit overwhelming to first-time users. And it can be tricky setting up non-standard (Yahoo/Gmail etc.) email accounts. But once you get it all set up and start using it, it's amazing!

Tito

August 2022

Mailbird, one of the top 5 email clients.

Pros

It's a very good mailbox client. I think it's the best alternative to the old "Outlook Express", which I liked a lot.

Cons

I can't define. At overall the softwares works good, at to do proposal.

Love the Software - but they do collect your addresses.

I really do like the software better than any other email client I have used, so I am sticking with them for now. I hope they are true to their word on only collecting email addresses that you use Mailbird to check. I don't believe they share addresses with any outside company and have only received one sales email from them.

Pros

Easy to use and integrates well with Gmail, Office 365, and just about any email account you would use. Very simple but powerful interface. Love that it has a 'Unified Account' where you can see emails from the accounts you choose, but still leave your 'spam' email account out (you get to choose which accounts show up there). Search seems to work really well, even better than Outlook with both gmail and Office 365 accounts.

Cons

They DO collect email addresses that you use Mailbird to check. I was surprised to get an email solicitation to purchase the business version to an account that I had set up but never shared with Mailbird (I used a different account to purchase.) I would have rated them 5 stars across the board if it were not for this. I read online where someone from Mailbird was comparing this to google saying that google collects all sorts of data. The difference is that google is close to being a trillion dollar company with a lot to lose. Everyone knows they collect data and either accept it or use something else. I had never heard of Mailbird until several weeks ago, and their website makes it sound like they do not collect this information when they actually do. "Mailbird also no longer sends name and email address to the License Management System. " (this appears to be a new 'update', but I confirmed that it has been on the website for the last several months at least.) All of their 'add-ons' are really just opening web apps in a side bar. They don't appear to have any real integration with the program. There are two places to 'opt out' of data sharing. When you first set up the program it asks you, then you have to also go into settings -> advanced and un-check 'Share performance and usage data'.

brad

Industry: Photography

Support VERY BAD

I ended up fixed my problems myself..nothing to do with anti virus/firewalls as I was told multiple times! The first request for help was over a month ago and an endless back and forth of generic emails blaming my firewalls (WHICH WAS NOT THE PROBLEM) ended in me finding a new email provider in the short term to be bale to function while I waited and waited and WAITED for a generic response with a wrong answer. I have to say I am VERY DISAPPOINTED with the lack of support (Long waits for a reply to just say "we haven't forgotten about you" and then days later only receive a generic email that just keeps telling me its my ant virus/firewall??!! Its just not good enough and a bit ridiculous really as email is very important and when its not working you have a FAST response (live chat even) and more one to one personal attention. I sent "Logs twice as they had asked me to do and they came back with no answers (turned out my password was incorrect but this was never even something they considering asking me to check..it was all about my antiviurs or fiirewalls which was had been turned off already but thats what they kept saying it was!) I have a full membership but will not be recommending it to anyone as the support is so bad and generic and unhelpful. Regards, Brad

Pros

It works ok sometimes what else do I need to say, this is not a good review

Cons

When it DOESNT WORK your on your own as Support is just generic emails that take days to reply and just give you generic answers that dont even work..shameful

Reasons for switching to MailBird

support was too slow and not correct..can wait days for a reply

Matthew

Mailbird is easily the best replacement for Outlook.

Pros

I switched from Outlook to Mailbird as Outlook continually crashed when opening up specific emails. I haven't had any of these issues with Mailbird. Mailbird provides a very basic interface with the majority of options accessible through the application settings. I find this helps me focus more on the emails I have received as much more real estate is provided for these. I also love how you can see when people have received and opened an email so your not guessing whether they have read it when following up with them.

Cons

The filters that I have set up in Mailbird work, but when I run these manually they are far slower to run then Mailbird's competitors. While it does not crash the software, sometimes I can be waiting for many more minutes and so close the software to stop the filter running.

Outlook continually crashed

George

Clean Design, no fuss mail client

Mailbird helps me as a small business owner easily oversee my suite of emails. Also, I've easily set up the free version for all my team mates which only need one email account. We don't need special email features and yet I'm personally using 30-50% of the features Mailbird provides, the good thing is that they don't come in my way.

Pros

Very straight forward use, no extraneous features showed in your face all the time Very cheap for what it offers Customizable layouts for landscape or portrait monitor setup Dark mode UI

Cons

When opening links from add-ons apps (such as WhatsApp or Slack) it insists on opening them with their own implementation of a browser which is not practically usable. There are very occasional bugs but they all get ironed out very fast Setting up yahoo mail is a multiple step process, but I suppose that's the case with most email clients No functional proprietary spam filter

Oleg

Great Outlook alternative

When we started our way to go away from Microsoft, the first step was to find alternatives to MS Office, it was easy to find replacement for Word and Excel, but for Outlook it was really hard to find an alternative. Mailbird became almost a perfect replacement, and even beaten Outlook in Gmail integration and Unified inbox. Waiting a Linux version to continue our moving to Microsoft-free office.

Pros

- Unified inbox - Support for Gmail/GApps labels - Quick seach even in really big mailboxes (search in six mailboxes with total size 50+GB takes not more then 5 seconds) - Affordable price

Cons

- No Linux version (one of apps, that still holds me on Windows) - Search sometimes inaccurate, no complex search syntax - Unable to create multiple signatures on the same mailbox (e.g. for me it's useful to have Russian and English signature on my bussiness mailbox at the same time)

Nicholas