All Mailchimp Reviews

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed November 2020

One of the Best Email Marketing Software

Mailchimp has helped my business in a significant way. I can create, schedule and send professional emails to hundreds of clients in my contact list in just a few clicks. Being able to choose and edit well-designed templates is a feature that I like very much. Although it wasn't very easy to determine how to work around with Mailchimp at first, with experience - it's not that hard to use it. I have also started using Mailchimp in my personal blog to send emails to potential clients and I am enjoying it. I highly recommend Mailchimp to anyone looking for High-Quality Email Marketing Software.

PROS

I feel lucky that I got a .com domain name and their website builder for free for 5 years in an offer - and obviously, this is the thing that I like most about Mailchimp. Aside from that, I need to send monthly newsletters and other sorts of emails and I used Mailchimp to make the work easy. Mailchimp offers various customizable options and also offers well-designed templates that I can choose and edit - which makes our work very easy. While I started using Mailchimp just to send newsletters, I have been enjoying other features too.

CONS

In my view, the User Interface (UI) of Mailchimp isn't very good. Exploring Mailchimp was confusing to me when I just started using it. Some features are hidden and it's not easy to make sense of that pressing 'a' button does. I think the User Interface(UI) can definitely be improved. Apart from that, the mobile app of Mailchimp doesn't offer many features which is not a big problem for me as I do most of my work in PC. However, I prefer to have more features available directly in a mobile app.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

I was getting an offer from Mailchimp while I wasn't getting one by Getresponse so Mailchimp had an advantage. I also researched a bit and found that Mailchimp has a bigger userbase than Getresponse. I gave Mailchimp a try instead of Getresponse as I didn't need to pay any amount to start using Mailchimp. After I liked Mailchimp, I upgraded my plans.

vito

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2024

My MailChimp experience

easy and fast, no major issue, imported the contact list, design the email and send it out

PROS

easy to use, easy learning curve, up and running in less than 1 hour

CONS

price is not on the cheapest range total contacts number in the free version not as large

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

The previous email marketing contact list was too complex

Wendell

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2024

MAILCHIMP WILL NOT TURN OFF RECURRING BILLING AFTER MULTIPLE REQUESTS.

MAILCHIMP WILL NOT TURN OFF RECURRING BILLING AFTER MULTIPLE REQUESTS. I’ve been trying to get this POS company to stop my recurring billing for 4 months, and they won’t even respond to my emails. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re the subject of a class action lawsuit in the future because of their deceptive practices. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

PROS

Nothing. Their software is over complicated. The user interface and design is not intuitive. The worst part, is they’ll hold you hostage and not let you cancel.

CONS

Deceptive practices. They will not let you out of a contract.

Jami

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Good for minimal use

I needed a simple CRM and this fills the very bare minimum.

PROS

It is very easy to use for email marketing (natch) and contact management. We don't need very robust features in our CRM anymore, and this basically fits the bill. As an email platform it's great, especially if you don't want any customization or have special needs.

CONS

There are several places on the website that are very misleading about the feature set. In fact, there have been three different articles I've called support to implement, and none of them are available. Also, it's a subsidiary of Intuit, so you would think it would be a nice integration with Quickbooks Online. It really offers nothing in the way of a helpful integration, and it doesn't offer any way to collect payments or keep track of customers buying patterns.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

I was hoping for a simple solution that would also integrate with my Quickbooks Online data and give a full customer picture.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

Hubspot was more robust than we needed.

Brendan

Insurance, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Good Automation and Client Management.

PROS

The automated email marketing is easy to set up and maintain.

CONS

It would be nice if it was better at organizing clients by industry.

Allyson

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Maximizing Reach with Mailchimp

PROS

When I want to send a newsletter, I just pick a template, customize it, and schedule it. Then, I can see how well it did with the analytics.

CONS

I find Mailchimp's pricing can get expensive as my subscriber list grows.

Lais

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Pricey but great

Mailchimp has been great. It gave me all the tools I needed to manage my campaigns while selling my online courses and managing my audience and current students.

PROS

Mailchimp is mostly user-friendly, and it tracks all the data I need to have control over which content is working or which is not.

CONS

It starts to get expensive as your e-mail base grows, even though you may not be getting any return to cover the costs.

Karl Rodrigue

Music, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Excellent tool for mass distribution

Excellent tool for mass distribution that I recommend for email marketing

PROS

This marketing software has saved me a lot of time as a beatmaker. The fact of automating emails to make offers or reductions of my kits to my customers is a big plus for me.

CONS

For my use, the paid version was the best. I wish the software was completely free. Loll

Alex

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great to see if your business could become a real business

Great im glad I got to see if I could make a business out of an idea

PROS

I liked the survey I did for it and got positive responses from people on if my possible business could do well in sales

CONS

Nothing it was great just be prepared people will be honest in their survey

Riccardo

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

The best in class email marketing solution

PROS

Super intuitive and with tons of options, you can really scale up your email marketing performances

CONS

Plans are not so cheap, but they are worth every penny

Lisandro

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Mailchimp is behind the competition

MailChimp came as a free alternative to our email list when things got ugly in our business. We could say it saved our subscribers list (and business). Even though things have got better, we still use it for certain campaigns where MailChimp shines. Being it a free alternative, we cannot complain. But we wished it was easier to use and had more features (if so, we would easily go for the paid plan).

PROS

I liked the templates a lot. They are beautiful and well done. Very useful if you are into template use. Also, the free plan saved our business when we were out of money. It got all the basics for a business just getting started. Finally, the brand is beautiful. The UI is beautiful.

CONS

It's frustrating to use. The user experience is, I would say, quirky. It's really hard to find an option/feature. A lot of them are hidden in places that don't make sense. For example, I was looking for the landing page editor, I could find the landing page REPORTS under REPORTS but no editor at all. I gave up. The metrics it tracks are very limited compared to the competition that delivers way more useful and detailed metrics overall. Also, it lacks some of the most useful features like a robust tag system and marketing automation.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

We got SendPulse "for free" in an AppSumo promotion. But SendPulse was even harder to set up and understand than MailChimp for us. MailChimp was easier and had way more features.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

ConvertKit ended up being too expensive for us. So, we couldn't afford it anymore when our business revenue decreased. MailChimp's free plan has everything we needed to restart and be back to life from the ashes. It's a great alternative to any business just getting started!

Trevor

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2020

A must-have for the start-up email marketer or business just starting in email marketing

I went from doing 0 email marketing, to being very competent in email marketing with Mailchimp. From Day 1 until Year 2+, I keep discovering new tools and features within the platform that allow me to grow clients and their businesses. With the new features that mailchimp keeps adding in as well, I think they're going to stick around for a long while.

PROS

Mailchimp is incredibly easy to use, and can be taken from setup to launch in less than a day if you put in some effort. While there are platforms with more features than mailchimp, those are A) commonly much much more expensive, and B) harder to use unless you know exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

CONS

Two things: 1. Their removal of the plugin with Shopify was incredibly shortsighted. The vast majority of clients we used mailchimp for were on Shopify, and the connection between the two was one of those beautiful things that kept us coming back and recommending them again and again. Using them has become more difficult since that was removed. 2. If you are trying to go down the rabbithole and target super-specific customers, you may run out of segmentation ability on Mailchimp. At the time of writing this review, you could only combine 5 criteria to create a custom segment, and your segment could only be created as 'user matches all criteria' or 'user matches any of the criterion'. This makes it hard to get your segment just right. However, if you are really needing to make THAT custom of segments regularly (based on past conditional behavior, ESP, etc.) you probably have a bigger budget and can go get one of those fancier email sending platforms.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

We still use Klaviyo a lot (and love it) but for the business that is just getting started in email marketing, Klaviyo's cost is too high and it comes with features that likely won't be needed in Year 1.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

Mailchimp was both cheaper, and more robust for what we needed. Additionally, the Constant Contact revenue tracking (through custom UTMs per campaign) was a mess.

Reviewed July 2020

It's ubiquitous because it's pretty good at sending emails

I like Mailchimp's corporate social responsibility, I've had a good experience the one time I called their customer service, and it's pretty bug-free for the most part. I don't think it is the future of communication, so I'll be curious to see how the product evolves, but we're sticking to it for now at my work.

PROS

I appreciate that Mailchimp has the functionality to build an email based on templates, or based on HTML. I find it easy to import email addresses as needed, I think there's a healthy emphasis on preventing spam, and I like the tagging and group features. I also like the demographics that it displays, the emphasis on A/B testing, and the predictions about the best time at which to send the email. I have very rarely made mistakes in my sends, and that I can attribute to the great testing features.

CONS

I wish it weren't so challenging to navigate between sections for multivariate emails and the old version of the website. I have run into issues setting up automated series such as for a welcome series of emails. I wish it were easier to export the data I myself put into Mailchimp without having administrator status. Finally, I dislike being warned about the possible cost of importing new data every time I do so, as that's not my responsibility to worry about in my role. Instead, I want to be celebrating our list growth!

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

I switched organizations and this one has always used Mailchimp. We have considered other providers, but the cost of switching is very high in terms of time to invest.

Alekhya

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2020

"Best way to outreach your business to numerous clients in a single click"

It's a time saving boon as per my view as I can easily send bulk mails in a single click with no more heavy work. Mailchimp made my weekly tasks easier by making my business contacts closer to me as I was able to quickly establish a business relation with my clients through scheduled and follow up emails regularly which I personally feel so beneficial to my business development.

PROS

It's great that eye catchy banners and images can be designed as per our imagination for my email posts, social media boosting etc. I can use this tool to easily show my design creativity using the creative assistant of the content studio. It allows an admin to carry a scheduled management of bulk emailing to ample of customers which is also the best part of this tool usage where in businesses can be contated through a single click automated email marketing tool.

CONS

The only feature that always worried me is the bulk email marketing function, where when i sent bulk emails at the same time sometimes the receivers mail box would consider my mail as spam or bot due to the same content inscribed in the mail. If this feature could be overcomed I can surely say that mailchimp is the best automated email marketing tool in the current era.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

I chose mailchimp over GetResponse because initially i wanted to have a trail with this software for free so that i can get the fully paid version based upon my experience after testing with the trail version. But GetResponse doesnt have a free plan for testing it. But mailchimp allowed me to have a free plan for trail version. I was liking Mailchimp upon trying the free plan with trail version and then purchased the fully paid version currentl for my business.

Melissa

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Great for Beginners

Overall we have had a great experience with Mailchimp. We plan to grow and implement and use more of the features as we learn how to use them and as our organization grows. I regularly recommend mailchimp to others.

PROS

We started using Mailchimp for our non profit so we could move from text only emails to pretty designed emails. I love the Mailchimp email templates and we were able to personalize it to reflect the branding of our organization. To be honest we only use a small part of what Mailchimp is actually capable of. Every few months as we have time to investigate we test out new features. Many areas that scared us at first (A/B testing, segmentation, etc.) were actually very easy to implement and the basic instructions provided by Mailchimp were all I needed. If I wanted more information, I found that the internet was full of great video tutorials as well.

CONS

I don't love the reporting....but I have't taken time to see if there are better ways to customize our reporting either. So that might be user problems. I also wish it was easier to adjust the template areas from 1 to 2 or 3 columns without needing to create a whole new template.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

In the end we chose Mailchimp because everyone we know is using it.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

We wanted to be able to design our emails to be more visually appealing.

Emeka

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2021

"Automation of messages vital for organizations and for the people who are beginning to showcase"

It has this magnificent convenience; extraordinary advantage; generally excellent conveyance rate; heaps of free provisions (testing, email computerization and reconciliations) great instructive substance.

PROS

Overall involvement in the device is awesome, it was useful in all viewpoints I required. Obviously, a free arrangement consistently has limits, however the paid arrangement likewise introduced a few focuses that in my work model were fundamental. Be that as it may, it is as yet a phenomenal and all around perceived instrument. I know many individuals who use it and don't stop talking positive about it. I actually prescribe it to numerous business visionaries who are just starting out in online deals. Mailchimp is awesome. MailChimp appeared to me by some coincidence, And I decided to utilize it for my work. An incredible choice for those simply beginning or for little, medium or enormous organizations that need to automate contact with their clients. It's absolutely instinctive and has a first rate design. It grabbed my eye when I made some Landing Pages and ran over a few models. Thoroughly free. Absolutely precise and opportune email arrangement. Another positive point is the quantity of clients that we can store in the free arrangement, up to 3000 contacts.

CONS

It truly is incredible promoting programming, however, even as there is robotization, the provisions are essential; instrument are all in English and it is beyond the realm of imagination to expect to make greeting pages upgraded for a better yield.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

I made the switch to MailChimp because it was too costly to even think about utilizing and there was no variant in my language. In any case, it was still generally excellent for my business.

Henry

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Great for freelancer and SMB email marketing, not a CRM replacement

MailChimp is the industry standard for a reason, and you get all the benefits you would expect from going with a big brand name. Solid customer support (for paid tiers), excellent uptime, and all the features you need and most of the features you want. I personally have never found the landing pages or social media ad features useful, and I do not think MailChimp can effectively do the job of a CRM, but as far as email marketing goes, this is my favorite.

PROS

Getting started with MailChimp is easy and affordable. It might be free depending on your audience size. I have used other email platforms like ConstantContact, iContact, Marketing Cloud, and HubSpot, and in terms of features MailChimp is at least on par with them. MailChimp is a full email marketing platform, including subscriber management and segmenting, email design, design asset library, email automation, user email preferences portal management, sign-up forms, and even landing pages. I have found all of their features user friendly. I have my frustrations with MailChimp, but it succeeds in striking a difficult balance: it is user-friendly enough to be implemented and used by someone with minimal tech background, but can be built out to greater complexity and robustness if the user is tech savvy. Another benefit that you find with popular tools like this is the deep learning resources. Tons of forums, questions, how-tos, etc. Whatever issue you run into, it has likely been asked and answered. MailChimp would be, and has been, my go-to for freelancer and small business needs. And I have also used it for marketing large, multi-location and multi-brand companies, with no issues. It's flexible and reliable, and when you're about to hit "send" to 100k people, that's critical.

CONS

Pricing can get steep at certain stages of business growth. Switching to business and pro tiers incurs a sharp increase in monthly pricing, and in addition you get charged more as your list grows. Cost creep can be sudden and shocking for truly bootstrapped businesses. A big potential issue is that MailChimp has been touting itself as a CRM lately. I do not think it makes a good CRM replacement for any size business, except perhaps a freelancer with a small contact list. The data management and manipulation features are too basic. Data management tools are weak. Some tracking issues, but this is such a convoluted and changing area it's hard to know where the issue lies. Specifically, if I leave "click tracking" enabled on a campaign, MailChimp will override my source/medium tags in third party site tracking.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

2 factors drove the decision: - pricing vs features, we didn't want to go totally bare bones but we also didn't have a complex enough ecosystem to require Salesforce-level tools; - Team familiarity. The client I currently use MailChimp for had some past experience with MailChimp, which made start up time quicker.

Maurice