• Pros

• "I love that it is easy to use and is available in more languages, not just in English. "

• "I love that it's super affordable and easy to use to manage my subscribers. "

• "Very easy to use and extremely well priced. They are always improving the system and have recently added new integrations."

• Cons

• "Although the email blocks' options are plenty but could offer more options to play around with (especially with email formatting)."

• "There have been periodic issues with deliverability, but these are usually cleared up quickly."

• "It can get a bit confusing sometimes or limiting because of the way it was built but you can figure it your way or get in touch with the support."

Browse MailerLite Reviews

Abigail from The Growth Metric

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great for creating email newsletters and shareable pdf brochures

Mailerlite is a Godsent, I think the export to PDF has a lot of potential. There are over 12 million WhatsApp users in Kenya, most of our clients and prospects, are more willing to connect us via WhatsApp than by email. The PDF brochures has become one of our biggest marketing assets as we can keep them updated about our projects in a more social way. The fact that the brochures are more shareable is a big bonus. However, It'll be good to be able to track clicks, which currently can't be done as it's stored as a draft in MailerLite. I know Mailerlite is an email marketing software but I'd love to be able to monitor the performance of newsletters turned into brochures the same way I can monitor sent campaigns. Even if it's something as simple as having a dashboard for draft campaigns and using Google Analytics to track clicks on it.

Pros

- I used Mailerlite to create email newsletters (Which any email marketing software can do) but most importantly I used Mialerlite to create sharable pdf brochures showcasing our past/current projects (My client was an Architecture company). These "brochures" are light size wise as the target platform was Whatsapp. The images are clickable linking to the projects on our websites, this way when sent to clients/potential clients on WhatsApp they can know more about us without having to go to our website. - Design Options: I've used MailChimp, Active Campaign, Moosend and pretty much any Email marketing software you can think off, but in terms of design flexibility and templates, Mailerlite has the best design options. My favorite is the "Featured Image" block - Great Customer Support: Mailerlite is meant for creating email newsletters and not pdf brochures so it was a bit tricky working around that especially since the share to social media button wouldn't work since the newsletter I converted into a brochure wasn't technically an email campaign (I.e it wasn't sent to anyone/mailing list) but remained in my dashboard as a draft. I had a chat with them on how to arrange the elements so my brochure was 3 pages max, and how to reduce the size.

Cons

- My emails kept going to the spam folder which was very bothersome, so I contacted support and I was told I'm not the only one having the same problem and that it's an issue they're working on as they were blacklisted (Or something like that) -As much as I love the featured image element, it renders differently on Outlook desktop app. Instead of appearing as one large image, the images appeared as a grid, with nine images of the same image taking the space instead of one large image. It was a bit disconcerting and there was no way around it.

Anastasiya Ad Sach from Freelancer

Perfect launchpad for email marketing

I recommend it to every single business owner I work with who doesn't need complex automations and integrations - however Mailerlite is fully capable of handling a complete funnel with many automations and branches, from opt-in and landing page to ending sequences, adding them to other, delays, and much more. They just updated their landing page builder which has been a huge step up and I'll continue to recommend this to all of my clients, who haven't had a single complaint yet!

Pros

MailerLite has been the underdog and they're really listening to customer needs and developing things that people want and need without going overboard. The interface is clean and simple, landing pages, opt-ins, and automations do the job. The commerce connection has been flawless with Wordpress. What I really like about MailerLite is their deliverability rate and vetting process. They really do check accounts being signed up, which keeps their rates high and avoiding the promotion tab.

Cons

It's not popular among automation connections - I have to go through Zapier, and also there's no real tagging. But that's also why I like it - it's simple and straightforward, no fluff no fuss, no excuses to not get the job done.

Daniel from Northwild Lit

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great Email Marketing Software for a Competitive Price!

Overall experience with MailerLite has been positive with only minor hiccups over the past few years I've been a user. A year or so ago they had an issue with one of their servers causing spam traps to be tripped on major email providers, but they resolved the issue relatively quickly.

Pros

Mailerlite has helped me to build an email list with a bevy of features like autoresponders, pop-up forms, and trigger actions all for a monthly fee of $10! The MailerLite team is constantly adding new features and updates to help their users attain new subscribers. They are friendly and responsive whenever you have a problem or request a feature.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any complaints about MailerLite. They suit my email marketing needs perfectly!

Mailchimp as it should be

I use it for all my small and medium sized clients and i feel comfortable in saying that the free plan can cover almost any need they have.

Pros

Mailerlite is my software of choice if you plan to step in the newsletter marketing arena. It has all the features you need (and some top-class feature) to get you up and running quickly with an easy learning curve. The Survey and Quizzes function is my favorite one, alongside it's simple automation workflow engine.

Cons

Mailerlite it's a pleasure to use, but it's not (yet?) capable as more structured tools like Active Campaign or Sendinblue as far as segmenting and tracking user for marketing purposes. If you need more "power" under the hood you'll have to switch. But you'll miss the ease of use and the marvelous template builder this tool has!

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Its free plan is fantastic! You can really put it to the test before you have to invest in it.

August 2016

Amir

August 2016

My Horrifying experience with MailerLite

My experience with MailerLite. After weeks of research on the best and most economic way on how to send weekly emails to the subscribers of my small business , I choose MailerLite. What a mistake ! It turned out to be one of the most painful experiences as a small business owner. After weeks of research on the best and most economic way on how to send weekly emails to the subscribers of my small business , I choose MailerLite. What a mistake ! It turned out to be one of the most painful experiences as a small business owner. I give them credit, when it is due : Easy to navigate interface and professionally pre-made templates seemed a perfect match for my needs. As a small business owner, my first goal was to find a bulk email software that is easy to use and has a friendly and responsive customer service. For years, I used one of the major bulk email software providers, but they have become really expensive compared to what you get in return for these email campaigns. Finally, I made my decision and enrolled in one of MailerLite plans that seemed very attractive; at least on the paper! 15000 subscribers and unlimited monthly emails for $30!! WOAH !!! what a great bargain. Right? Not that fast ! They were very quick to charge my business card for the $30. I spent few hours to create a perfect email and uploaded my mailing list of 15000. and start creating the first campaign on MailerLite. This is where the nightmare started. When I wanted to send out the email, I received an email from their support team that I am not allowed to use more than 2000. ( i paid for 15000 subscribers with unlimited monthly emails) . I told them that I won't have it that way and they should cancel my account. They reached out to me and assured me that everything would be fine, hey approved me for 5000 and promised to increase my quote after the first few emails to prevent spams. Fair enough! After sending out the emails, they told me that I have breached their spam policy since the hard bounce of my emails were more than a certain number that they allow. I was not very happy with their decision but again, its their policy and I have to follow it. So I accepted their decision and didn't argue with them. But this the same email list that I have used with the other major email provider. I knew this is a small company with few resources and I have made a mistake. Obviously, I didn't want to pay for a service that I am not allowed to use. quite simple. So, I ask them to cancel my subscription and refund me the $30 that they have charged me !!! They kept me waiting for almost 4 days and then they told me that they have decided to keep my money ?!!!!!, and obviously they have access to all the 15000 subscribers on mailing list !! Customer service is the forefront of a business and I am really sorry to say that theirs is NON-EXISTING. Since the goal of this review was to save others some time and un-wanted headache, I have not mentioned any of the other competitors that make a much better option. Since then, I have signed up to another provider for only $5 extra and I could not be happier. I learned my lesson , cheaper choice is not always a better one. It is wiser to pay a bit more and go with a company with a better customer service and more resources. If even you think that you won't have the same issue that I had with them, still think of your need of customer service at some point. I hope this has helped you in your search. Good luck!

Pros

You would get a Cheap service

Cons

You would loose your money. They blame you for their failure to just charge your credit card for no service. Their system can't deliver and then they blame you. read other reviews all over web. Many people have complained about their delivery rate. You would loose your mailing list to them.

Unique from Naturally Devine Wellness

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Best Option for Small businesses

My overall experience has been great with Mailerlite

Pros

It's easy to use and create my newsletters. You can also embed landing pages and sign up forms on your website.

Cons

I do wish that the free plan offered more features and a higher subscriber rate. I understand that I'll have to upgrade soon.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

More affordable and better features

Shayne from ReckGear

Great value for for a great product, and highly backed by support

It has been really smooth and has been working great. Rather you are small or large, the scaleability is great and it provides great analytics to get the most out of your emails.

Pros

It has been pretty smooth, using blocks to build a newsletter is great and they offer many options to make it look great and it's highly flexible. Its connection with Woocommerce is also a great touch being able to bring in the content of an order and use a subscriber's shopping history to build emails is great to have.

Cons

Only thing may be to have more connection with Woocommerce, right now my issue is that getting emails from the cart page has to go through the Woocommerce webhook. I use cartflows which is an extra layer of steps to have to figure out to get to still work

Suzanne from Sukhram Enterprises

Industry: Veterinary

Great features, terrible support

Overall, the experience has been good because the authors already have an account set up, and we have never had to contact support. My experience with their lack of support has left a bad taste in my mouth, however.

Pros

Mailerlite has lot of great features that you can use in your emails - polls, up/down arrows for rating things, and an easy, intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn and use. I use it for the authors I work with, and it does what it says on the tin and more.

Cons

I tried setting up an account for myself, because I liked how user-friendly it was. I received an email saying basically they were refusing to allow me to set up an account, and suggested that I could appeal. I sent numerous emails, which to this day (probably at least three months as at the end of November) no one has ever replied. I have looked inside my spam, my inbox, and there has been no reply. Their contact form did not yield any better results.

Response from MailerLite

Replied December 2019

Hello Suzanne, I am really sorry that you've experienced difficulties when trying to set up your account. If you would like me to look into this, could you send an email to support@mailerlite.com and request that the ticket is assigned to Paul. Thank you!

Kathy from Lazer Web Services

Good Service Wish It Would Integrate With More Things

I like it for sending out quick emails to my lists. It's quick & easy to send out notifications. The drag & drop builder makes it easy to compose emails & landing pages. Unlike some other companies, you can import an existing list

Pros

I've used many email marketing services and Mailerlite is a bit easier than many of them. The drag & drop builder is easy to use and has lot's of flexibility.

Cons

Automation is cumbersome. Having to create workflows is time consuming. The other negative is that it doesn't integrate with many 3rd party services yet.

Response from MailerLite

Replied December 2019

Hello Kathy, Thanks a lot for your feedback. Our integration list is constantly growing. We also have multiple integrations available that integrate via 3rd parties like Zapier and PieSync. If you have a need for specific integrations, could you please let us know at support@mailerlite.com. We develop our software based on what our clients need the most! Thank you!

Raitis from Caption Agency

Hands down the best customer support I've received in all of 2019. You can reach out via email or live chat and they even respond when you leave a comment on a help article to help you solve everything. And the people answering are actually knowledgeable in the product. They work to understand your problem and needs and offer a solution that does it (if one exists).

Pros

Their support is outstanding. Software wise - you get all of the features a typical email marketer wants. There are no absurd pricing tiers where the one feature you need is bundled in the most expensive tier.

Cons

The drag and drop builder could allow for more customization of elements, but I understand that it's not an easy thing to develop.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Mailchimp didn't have the automation features without paying extra. Active Campaign is great and I have used it before, but it is more expensive and I didn't need the impressive automation capabilities it has this time.

Sapph from Art of Emails

Easy-to-use affordable email marketing platform with all of the features most people need

Pros

MailerLite is one of the most affordable email marketing platforms right now with all of the features most people need like automations, a drag and drop builder and embedded signup forms. Their most useful feature is automations, which lets you send a sequence of emails to subscribers if they join a list, if one of their contact fields gets updated (example: if they go from being a free to a paid member), if they click on a link, etc. You can also create yes/no branches at different points in the automation to send different emails to subscribers after they meet or don't meet a certain criteria. They also have a decent free plan for those who are starting out or looking to test the platform. The free plan includes automations and most of their key features. I also use personally use their APIs to automatically add new members to specific automations - they are well documented and easy to follow.

Cons

1. Right now, you can only create yes or no branches in automations. So for example, let's say that you want subscribers who already downloaded a lead gen to not receive an email in the automation about it. The only way to do this right now is to create a yes/no branch. If yes, they'll receive the rest of the sequence in the yes branch *without* the specific email. If no, they'll receive the rest of the sequence in the no branch *with* specific email. But if you want subscribers in both branches to receive the rest of the other emails, you'd have to have duplicate emails in the yes and no branch. It gets time-consuming if you want to add more emails to the automation (you'd have to add them both to the yes and no branch) or if you need to update any of the existing emails (you'd have to update both in the yes and no branch). It would be easier if you can simply add specific criteria to each email in the automation. So for example, if the subscriber meets the criteria, they'll receive this email in the automation. If not, they skip that email but still receive the next ones (if they match the criteria). 2. They had deliverability issues in the past which they did work really hard to fix. However, based on my experiences and that of what others have reported, overall open rates (with an authenticated domain) tend to be somewhat lower than a few other top platforms.

Shayne from SellerPrime

Every Start-Up's Sidekick!

I am a Marketing Specialist by profession and software/tools like this make my job so much easier, for which I am very grateful! I recently stumbled upon MailerLite when I was building my E-Commerce website. Previously, I used to use MailChimp (Also a great tool and I currently use it only at work). Mailerlite seamlessly integrated with my Shopify Store and gave me so much power over my marketing strategies. In my opinion, it's the best E-mail Automation tool out there, with much more options and customizations that can help you craft powerful newsletters, landing pages, etc.

Pros

1) Highly Optimized And Responsive: MailerLite helps me to design and create newsletters that look amazing on desktops, tablets, and mobiles. 2) Design Capabilities: It's safe to say that the design capabilities that MailerLite gives you are far better than any other similar product in its segment. What I mean to say is, the "little things" that MailerLite allows you to do can add significant value to the way you market! For example, there are a number of templates that can enable you to have "buttons" attached to an image (Perfect CTA's by the way). Also, there are several heading options for my newsletters where I can have my company name and logo or either one at the beginning of them. These, of course, are just a few examples I could think of straight off the bat. 3) Easy Integration: Connection my domain with MailerLite was a lot easier than I expected - with a swift and seamless integration process. 4) No Learning Curve Required: MailerLite is incredibly simple to use and it won't take you long to get the hang of it. 5) Affordability: The title of my review says it all! MailerLite is a blessing for startups on a budget who don't have money to throw around. There are 5 different pricing models that include one "freemium" version as well. However, if you are using it for business purposes, I suggest you use their starter plan that will unlock all features and allow you to send unlimited emails. Remember, looking professional is key!

Cons

1) Slightly Laggy: MailerLite can occasionally become laggy and starts freezing when you import a lot of contacts. Now, I don't really know if this is due to my hardware set up (which is quite recent), but I've asked around and I've gotten mixed opinions about this. 2) Customization Options: It would be really great if MailerLite introduces some more Landing Page customization options in the near future. Whatever be the case, it's still the best E-mail Automation software, in my opinion.

Austin from The Hidden Dominion

Great Mailing System - Highly Recommend

Mailerlite was my first choice originally because they have a free limit. Most other services require monthly payments right from the start, so my expectations were low. However, I've been using them for my website and I have nothing to say BUT AWESOME! There interface is clean. The ability to integrate the different services directly into the website (popups, pop unders, direct mailing software) is simply the best. I've used a few different ones prior to mailerlite (just the trials), and all of them were more complicated. Only one negative: If you're a time-sensitive person, the website can be slow. You have to go through a bunch of buttons to change the format of all of your popups and such. However, it gives you amazing control over everything so the wait is well worth it in my opinion. As for the mailing lists, they are super simple to use and keep track of. It's easy to design each mail to your specification, and even select time-sensitive ones (one email a week after they sign up originally, for example). So it makes it easy to just setup one-time and not really worry about it except for your own personal emails you send sporadically for the mailing list. For example, I have mine setup to send an intro email, followup email the next day, then a list of best articles one week after initial signup. It does all this automatically so I don't have too. And i've tested it - it works great. It also looks fantastic when you put the work in. You can view my popup and my sidebar mailing opt-in form here: www.hiddendominion.com/ As you can/could see - it's super sleek and can be negotiated to match anything to your design. In short, highly recommend. If you're looking for a place to start - don't even think about other options. Stick with mailerlite. You won't regret it!

Pros

Easy to use Great customer support Tons of options Easy to manage mailing list Ability to setup intermittent emails

Cons

Slow to load the designing tables

Response from MailerLite

Replied April 2017

Austin, thank for the review and the comment about the pop-ups. We will certainly make them more visible.

Jayraj from The Guide

Chose it over Mailchimp and I couldn't be happier.

Amazing. I expect to keep using it and recommending the same to anyone who's starting off with email marketing and is cost-conscious.

Pros

It's user interface is highly interactive. Any amateur can learn how to design interactive email templates and landing pages, how to create/segment their lists and how to gather statistics. They keep doing seminars from time to time and their blog is really helpful to make sure you're following the best practices. MailerLite can handle all your functions smoothly and the best thing is - it'll charge you way lesser than any of the other software's out there (taking a dig at MailChimp particularly).

Cons

As I'm scaling up, I'm realizing that I have to use some external 3rd party software to handle advanced functions. If you wish to use email marketing primarily (and not as a support function), MailerLite's email testing platform is basic and while I bugged customer support constantly for answers on how to better authenticate my domain settings, I've been failing to get any productive response that can help me. I don't know whether any other software's gives a full suite of features but I'm sure that I would expect it from the one I'm using.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Cheaper. More design features. Simple user interface.

Natasha from Date Gifting, LLC

I enjoy Mailerlite!

Mailerlite is a great start to understanding email marketing and automation. It has helped me to connect with my subscribers more frequently while also setting up auto RSS feed for any blog posts that I create. I've been using it for a few years, and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Pros

The first 1000 email subscribers are FREE! Mailerlite makes it easy to send email campaigns and schedule email campaigns. It also makes it easy to set up sequences if I am doing an e-challenge via email. I enjoy being able to reuse templates or view prior recent emails, so that I am able to change the content but still streamline the design. The software also ensures that duplicate email subscribers are not saved in the system, and with the touch of a button, you can add a single subscriber, upload a txt with list of subscribers, or put them in groups. Pop-ups, buttons, and landing pages are all easy to create and customize. Lastly, Mailerlite allows partnerships with other software companies for easy sync and connection, which is a HUGE plus to saving time and money.

Cons

Over the years, Mailerlite has improved on its products and services. My only two cons are sporadically the auto RSS feed will send old blog posts from prior years, and also when I opened a mailerlite account for another business, it shortened my available number of email subscribers. However, those are minute issues.

Jack from Taaluma Totes

Great alternative to Mailchimp

Pros

Mailerlite provides all the functionality we need for a fraction of the price of Mailchimp. Their customer support is better too.

Cons

We hit a few road blocks setting up our account, but their customer support helped us through it.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Mailerlite offered the features we needed at a price we were happy with

Teya from National Academy of Art Sofia

A Mailing Service that makes their competitors look dated

I will continue using MailerLite. They leave competitors like ChailChimp in the past.

Pros

I love MailerLite and I use it for years for my company's newsletters. They are easy to use and offer any feature that you might need at far better price than their competitors. The pricing of MailerLite is probably the best in the field. It allows you to send unlimited emails to your list. You pay per subscriber, not per email, which is quite convinient for companies with 5000+ subscribers. Another thing that I like is their current design layout, dozens of premade templates for the holidays and how easy it is to setup everything by yourself without having to read complex guides.

Cons

I really feel that their support can and SHOULD be improved. In their live chat often times I feel like I am speaking to the little sister of the support guy. They need like 20 minutes to even understand my question. When they finally get it, they inform me that smeone with the required qualification will email me in a few days with a solution to my problem. This has happened several times already and such a great product deserved better support squad.

User-friendly, surprisingly affordable, and powerful autoresponder

Free up to 1000 subscribers. You don't have to pay them anything if you are just beginning to build your list.

Pros

MailerLite is one of the best and easy-to-use email autoresponder out there. What I like most about MailerLite is its novice-friendly features and easy-to-use interface. It allows even new users like me who don't have the required technical skills to send beautiful and elegant emails to my subscribers. But for me, the best feature of MailerLite is it's totally free for the first 1,000 subscribers. So if you have a pretty small subscriber list, then you don't have to pay anything but still, you can use all the necessary functionalities. The Customer Service is also helpful and responsive with their 'Chat Features'

Cons

Perhaps, one of the biggest disadvantages of MailerLite is that they do not allow Affiliate Links. This is crucial especially for users who are relying on other people's list when selling their products.

George from All Homes - Leaflet Distribution

Great and Simple Email marketing platform with all the features you'll ever need

Increased my list count and user subscription properly segmented users and increased customer response with easy to use email designer.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the user dashboard and the practicality of its flow. The reporting is awesome the A/B split testing is thorough and simple to include in any campaign and covering the subject line, email content, etc... Automation and workflow features, although very advanced are practical and powerful. The forms contain all you need, from pop-up forms, landing page forms, etc..all with settings that go from click to pop-up, exit intent, time-on-site, and many other event triggers.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about MailerLite, if anything I would like to see full-featured landing page builder being added and remarketing/retargeting capability to the lists on the account, but that would probably mean a different use of the platform. MailerLite is great as is.

Danielle from Danielle Guerin

The best autoresponder out there

I love Mailerlite and recommend it to my clients.

Pros

Cons

Would be nice if the knowledge base and support was also available in French.

Meghan from Tiger's Eye Marketing

My favorite email solution

I've tried a lot of email marketing services and this is by far my favorite. Their team is open to suggestions and it's not uncommon to ask for a feature and see it implemented a few months later. They also have regular webinars that teach you not only hot to better use their product but also how to improve your email marketing overall.

Pros

The value for the money and the fact that the team keeps improving the product and has been loyal to their early adopters by grandfathering in their pricing. Their support is amazing.

Cons

There have been a few glitches over the years, but they always take responsibility and make it right. There have been deliverability problems in the past, but they've improved and are now one of the top companies for deliverability.

Solid GDPR-Compliant Mail-Software

Pros

I like most that you can track all the user information super simple (signup confirmation, which emails they received etc). So when you get a request of a newsletter subscriber you can just send him this document they offer.

Cons

Sometimes the support during rush hours is not the fastest.

Karen from The May Creative

One of my top recommended email providers

Overall, my experience with Mailerlite has been good. I like the variety of features they have from popups to landing pages, etc. They seem to be a pretty good team that thinks about new releases before dropping every new feature which is good.

Pros

Mailerlite was one of the first newsletter programs I used after considering another super popular platform. I wasn't ready for heavy integrations as I was still growing my list. So it was perfect for me to get started with, since then I have been a continued user. There have also been some updates they have made to the software since I first started using it years ago and I think they are great. I can't wait for more amazing updates.

Cons

With the new updates sometimes the servers are slower so you have to be a bit patient. I wish there was more ability to customize forms and newsletter content with custom fonts etc. If there are I haven't figured that part out quite yet. Also, I would love to see better ways to segment or tag subscribers.

Angelica from Netmundo

The next best thing

I switched from Mailchimp due to its price and found a very good substitute. The staff is completely friendly and will help you with anything. They are adding a lot of features every month and it's really worth it.

Pros

This is the best experience with a email marketing tool I've ever had. It's friendly, has all the basic features you need and then some really new interesting ones. The price is fair and support is just a click away in the chat box.

Cons

It's lacking some segmentation options and some auto-responder triggers, but with some work, it's possible to create a workaround. They have increased their prices recently for new users.

Adeleke from DSP Tech Solutions

Advanced Email Marketing Simplified

Overall: As a digital marketing agency. It is easy to integrate MailerLite account with my WordPress Websites by using the available WordPress plugin. Sales automations is made easy without any technical experience required. The Ease-Of-Use of MailerLite has increased my email list and also guarantees successful delivery of email campaigns to the intended recipients.

Pros

Mailerlite provides a complete email marketing solution. What makes it unique from others is its EASE OF USE. The intuitive and user-friendly interface makes it easy to design beautiful and highly converting landing pages and pop-up forms. Their dashboard makes it easy to manage subscribers. The price is flexible and affordable relatively compared to the value gotten from the service.

Cons

As simple and easy Mailerlite is, the least thing I liked about Mailerlite is the fact that I find it difficult to get new accounts approved even though all requirements are met verifying with a custom email account. And the support team doesn't have any tangible reason to backup their claims. As this is the main problem I've been facing because I'd love to integrate Mailerlite on my clients' website.

Great product with an even better customer support team

Pros

The emailing capabilities are great, everything just works. The team keeps adding improvements and new features to the product (in the time we've been using MailerLite, they added automation, improved segmentation, lots of new integrations and so on). The product is in active development which is great. Whenever something went wrong, customer support has managed so solve it quickly. Overall, MailerLite is great value for money and I'd recommend it for small-to-middle sized marketers.

Cons

It's not ideal for an e-commerce business. Also, as your mailing list grows, some of the segmentation features become a bit limited (but then again, we're using MailerLite in online retail so these drawbacks are mostly related to that).

Michelle from Guide2Free

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Affordable, easy to use, added value with landing pages/popups

Pros

I have used MANY services and Mailerlite is hands down the best. That is the truth and I am in no way incentivized for this review. It is affordable, especially when your list gets pretty large. It is easy to use and you can create exactly the email you want very quickly. They let you customize your opt in/opt out pages and it's easy to do. Another super cool feature is they let you make pop ups/ embedded forms, and even landing pages! That is stuff others don't offer or even charge more for.

Cons

I really do not have any complaints. There are a couple times I thought of going to a self hosted mailing list, but mailerlite is so perfect for me I don't want to leave.

Jovanhanna from Positive Forward Movement, LLC

The best email platform and it has landing pages!

Pros

Super easy to use from the start. There is zero coding needed to create landing pages and beautiful email newsletters. Their free account offers automation and many of the same advantages as the paid accounts. Mailerlite is constantly improving and adding new features. Ive been using them for about 3 years now and absolutely love it and recommend it to anyone looking for an email solution.

Cons

Its not able to integrate with other plugins that are specific to the theme I use on my website. There are workarounds, but it would be nice if I could have that functionality.

Proficient emailer!

It was a breeze to use this app to send out emails.

Pros

The easy of use. Campaign creation is effortless, simple. The interface is friendly, and the options to create emails are plentiful. For me, training the team members on how to use this was very straightforward. It offers almost all the features you require, automation, AB testing, scheduling, creating landing pages, database manipulation, etc, analytics linking.,

Anglica

Best thing since MailChimp

Pros

They have a really nice price and features. Every month they roll out a new feature that puts them closer to the big player, aka mailchimp. They keep improving and launching new feature and the price has been the same since forever. Completely honest and amazing support. They cut my email marketing cost in half and kept most of the important features I was looking for.

Cons

I would like to see more payment options (paypal) and more personalization tools. Also, every upgrade requires an approval from the support team and it can take time.

Alina from Eyes on Books

Industry: Publishing

My favorite email marketing service

I've switched to MailerLite in 2017 for all of my author platform related newsletter lists and campaigns. It made sense price wise, as it offered a lot of value for money. it also didn't count people subscribed to multiple newsletter more than once, which I thought was a refreshing twist on the service I was using primarily at the time. Since then, I've been growing and expanding my email marketing and everything seemed super easy. I can customize everything, from welcome pages and emails to automation sequences and sign up forms. Implementing all of the GDPR new requirements was also pretty easy and in that case, it helped a lot to work with a company that was also in the EU. I am more than happy with MailerLite and it set up high expectations from other such providers.

Pros

I love MailerLite's ease of use, fast support, and variety of features and integrations.

Cons

The only con I can think of after much deliberation is the fact that sometimes outgoing campaigns are in a queue and there's not way to tell how long it will take to have them sent out.

Bra from Jak na skvrny.cz

Perfect, intuitive, at a great price. Best Customer Support!

Pros

Customer Support - They are constantly improving their features. I have the feeling that they will pass each of my requests to the development team and implement them within a short timeframe. They help me 24/7. I can write down my problem during the night and somebody help me in a few minutes.

Cons

Great Price for everybody. Very simple operation. I recommended ML to my team and my colleagues love ML as well. And we are not very technically capable. It was the reason why I changed my "old" system to Mailer Lite.

September 2014

Robert from Logistic-Specialist

September 2014

take care with mailerlite

Take care with mailerlite, they want to pay them in advance and after 3 ,4 month they change the rule. I work with them i pay them 1000 $ in advance and after 4 months my email campaign do not go into clinet inbox. i have every month problem with them: in one month do not work unsubscribe system, in one month do not split correct in groups and in the last period they do not deliver email to inbox. i create different email address n different public email services and i put in the list o and the email do not arrive in inbox (they change the algorithm, because in first 2-3 month do not have this problem). based on that after 5 months i told them that i do not want to use their service and i want money back for the period that i do not use it, and they told me that they do not refund money (when i discuss with them before to pay them they told me that they will give me money back if i do not not have spam more than 0,1%, if they do not block my account and other rules and i respect all that rules). They consider 100.000 emails plan only unique email, so if you add email and people unsubscribe you cannot add other subscribers ,so in few months you pay for 100.000 subscribers and will have only 85.000, but you pay all year for 100.000. they change the rule after i pay, after 2, 3 months. I use this kind of service for long time but mailer lite is the worst and unprofessional service that i use. If you want to work with them be careful with them because it is not trustful. They take you money and after 6 month, this is my case, they will told you "we re sorry that you are not satisfy by our service but we will not refund your money". If you choose them you will loose money, so choose carefully.

Pros

small price

Cons

a lot of problems with the platform, they change the rule after some time, they are not trustful

Response from MailerLite

Replied September 2014

Thanks for your comment. I would like to note that deliverability depends not only on our servers, but on client's domain reputation, newsletter and it's content etc. So we always react to all requests and try to solve all problems together with our client. As for the refunds - it's correct, we do not provide refunds, especially when client was using the system and sent a big number of newsletters via us. And you've misunderstood something, because we could not tell such thing as " they will give me money back if i do not not have spam more than 0,1%, if they do not block my account and other rules and i respect all that rules". The last thing regarding the plans: we count subscriber to your plan's limit when the first newsletter is sent to that email address. We allow 100% unlimited newsletters sending so it's fair enough that we have limits for unique subscribers used during the billing period. All in all, problems can always be solved together if both sides are interested in this.

Friendly Outside, Harmful Inside

This company has not characteristics of an International company. Don't put your eggs on their basket. Avoid mailerlite!

Pros

When you start everything is friendly and welcoming, but anticipate unpredictable and contrary to agreement behaviour.

Cons

After two years of working as a loyal client and putting all of my company eggs in mailerlite basket, exactly after a week I paid them for the third year subscription, they shocked me with stopping my account. No description, No evidence! I had developed all of my company email marketing solutions on mailerlite. My lists, contents, forms, graphics, staff training and much more had established based on them. The reason was clear, they have good interface and reasonable price. But one day I noticed that they have closed my account while I had renewed my account a week before for one year. No reason, No refund! I contacted their support and asked them for the reason many times. No reason except manager decision! I continued contacting with support, but after all they closed the doors of online chat to me, the only way of connecting them. I tried to find their headquarters and discuss them the situation, again no address or contacting way to headquarters. After more than one month, I am yet confused with their behaviour. Thanks Capterra, I noticed that there are many people with same experience. And again thanks Capterra, after all I could satisfy myself with putting a review here and elsewhere in the world! I never forgive this company for its non-professional behaviour and will continue preventing people using mailerlite service wherever and whenever I can. Avoid mailerlite! One day they will ruin your developments and grab your money!

Filip from Animails

Do the best job in their field

When it comes to easy to use email marketing software that won't let you down, in any case, MailerLite is your top choice. I work with a bunch of ESP's and I have to say MailerLite crew not only know what they are doing but they actually KNOW how average marketers use email marketing software. Every step which leads you from creating subject line to click, send, button was designed to make it easy (AND LOGICALLY) to use. Great drag n drop editor (both for e-mails and signup forms(!)) has never let me down. Email Marketing Automation features are field to improve but I bet they're working on it right now.

Pros

emails and signup forms drag'n'drop editors; little smart features that makes your work easier and faster;

Cons

Response from MailerLite

Replied April 2017

Filip, thank you a lot for the review. It's a pleasure to have you as our customer.

Eduardo from Indstria Nacional de Tintas

Industry: Chemicals

Extremely Easy to use, great value for money

Pros

User interface is excellent. It is very easy to create mailings and manage them. The mailing groups feature is really great, much better than other competitors that I have used in the past. It also has integrations with Zapier to other webapps, such as CRM systems, which make adding new subscribers very easily. If you need to manage more than one company, the app makes it easy to switch between accounts. You log in only once and you are able to create several accounts for clients.

Cons

The app has all the features that I currently need. I really can't see anything that it needs to improve. Perhaps it could build into the app the ability to validate emails automatically when importing emails as subscribers, or at least add the option to do so and charge as necessary. Today when importing a new batch of emails, it is necessary to clean the list using a third party service in order not to get a high bounce rate and thus get banned from the app.

Bob from Home Business Online w/Bob Swetz

I love MailerLite, packed with features even for the free version.

MailerLite makes keeping in touch with my subscribers so simple, I would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

I love that it is easy to use and packed with so many features even in the free version. The ability to copy campaigns and just make a few changes to send out another mailing in minutes is probably one of the best features.

Cons

I sometimes struggle with the web forms in getting them just right for my website, but typically after a few tries I can get it.

Dominik from Faculty of Organization and Informatics

Simple but powerfull email marketing

If you are looking for affordable solution that offers same functionalities as MailChimp, you found one great alternative. Because competitors are strong, MailerLite is trying to keep with their pace adding lots of new features making them the best email marketing solution for all your needs.

Pros

New MailerLite drag and drop mail editor is amazing! There are tons of block available for you to use. If you need header you just select header from dropdown menu and you are greeted with few general block. Every block is then easily customizable with tons of options which will certainly make your emails special. Recently they added quick survey block so you can ask your subsribers how much did they like your email on a scale from 1 to 10 so you no longer need to use any external source.

Cons

Custom fields are available but they offer only basic functionalites. I miss image tag and field desperately because I often send some personalized images and with MailerLite I need to use some other provider which offers that custom field. Also, their automation is not the best in the world. Few times some emails were sent when they souldnt be so I needed to apologise to my subscribers because folks at MailerLite screwed something up. I contacted their support and they didnt offer me nothing in return, just apologise.

Mailerlite is a good choice

It is a good and affordable choice for email marketing. especially if you don't need customer support.

Pros

1-Automation supports so many conditions especially based on custom fields. For example, we can define a custom field for gender of our contact and send different emails based on the users gender. 2-Form builder and especially Popup builder is a very good facility for creating discount campaigns and promoting them in our website and measure our discount campaign success indexes. 3-Supporting the right to left languages including Arabic, Hebrew, 4-Affordable price 5-Very good and easy to user reports of campaigns.

Cons

Customer support has been a real challenge for me. They replied to my email too late. If they added some Arabic fonts, it would be better for supporting RTL.

Katie from Katie McBrien The Sea Priestess

LOVE IT!

I switched from Mailchimp to Mailerlite and i haven't looked back since. This is my go-to favorite e-mail campaign program. I have the app on my phone it's easy to use can't really create campains on the app but you can have them pre-made (draft's) and send from the phone I believe. Love it i wouldn't look to any other system to send e-mails to my subscribers. My favorite feature though is i can integrate a pop up subscribe button into a blog post (with a little tweaking of their code) to act as a lead magnet!

Pros

- automated campaigns - strict anti-spam rules (the staff checks!) - easy to navigate and use - groups to break down subscribers by interest (purchasers/rings/ watches) etc. - Campaigns can be scheduled. - landing pages and integrated (pop up) sign up boxes (great for creating lead magnets in blog posts!) - it has a app where you can add subscribers *what I needed* check your past campaign stats.

Cons

- Could use a bit more templates - Could use some explaining/ training video's

GARRETT from Writer

The Best Mailing Service I've Tried

Pros

The price, which is much more reasonable & affordable for me than MailChimp (which is why I initially switched from MailChimp to MailerLite). I also like the features, which I think are state-of-the-art, at least for my needs. The customer service is also great, and they're always trying to better their product, which I appreciate.

Cons

I honestly don't have any criticisms to make, not even constructive ones. Though it's reasonably priced, I suppose it could be a little less expensive (as could most everything these days), but that's about it.

Maria Lenin from Dewayne Hill / Keller Williams Agent

Affordable email marketing with unlimited emails

Pros

Lets you use all its features with unlimited email marketing regardless of which plan you are subscribed. If you have a small business with less than1000 subscribers, you can use Mailerlite for free. It is easy to use at the same time has templates and designs that fit your campaign needs. Y

Cons

Features are the same as other free email marketing software but plans are affordable. Your subscription will be suspended if you have an open rate lower than .02%. If your emails are marked as spam, then expect suspension of your account.

Tomas from Entrepreneur Media

Industry: Publishing

Powerful and easy to use

Grew my email list and improved my brand awareness.

Pros

I love the simplicity, functionality, ease of use, referral program and automation capabilities. Other than that, reports are quite informative and nicely designed.

Cons

A nice option for authors to use to distribute their newsletters.

Overall, the price is reasonable for the service provided. The staff are always easy to reach via their chat desk, and the functionality of the software continues to be developed.

Pros

I use this product to send my readers a newsletter from me. The software allows me to have an automation set up, as well as landing pages which I find incredibly helpful.

Cons

The open rate on the newsletter is lower than it should be, a problem due to Mailerlite's servers getting blacklisted from time to time. It's rather frustrating when that happens.

Response from MailerLite

Replied December 2019

Hello, Open rates can depend on many different factors and each case should be investigated separately. If you could please email us at support@mailerlite.com, we can look into this. Thank you!

Marija from VivifyScrum

Everything you need in an email marketing tool

A great and simple way to stay in touch with our users and to keep them updated.

Pros

I've been using it for about 2 years now and it never fails to amaze me. MailerLite has all the basic features one needs in an email marketing tool and more. The team is constantly improving the tool and adding new features. It is intuitive and fun to use. Pricing is reasonable considering the value you get for your money. From great email templates, all kinds of integration, forms, to email automation, campaign reports and stats. The way their customer support works is something every company should look up to.

Cons

Some features for emails are only available in certain design templates. It would be great to make everything available in Drag&Drop editor. Page load is sometimes very slow, but that is not something that would make me stop using MailerLite.

Elizabeth from The Simplified Academy

Mailerlite is much better than its Competitors. Easier to use and more cost effective!

I can recommend it to my customers and know that either i can help them fast or they can DIY it with the expert customer support!

Pros

The Reports are easy to access and understand. Creating Multiple Campaigns at one time is a Snap!

Cons

The Automation is a bit confusing. Could there be a feature to repeat a campaign on a monthly weekly etc basis?

The best free version capabilities ever

Pros

After trying multiple email marketing platforms, a friend recommended Mailerlite for my small business. Since we were just starting out with email marketing, we didn't want to spend extra bucks on a monthly subscription and were on the hunt for a good free version that had most of the capabilities we were looking for as we started out. Mailerlite's free version had literally everything we were looking for! It had email automation, beautiful looking pop-up forms for our website, variety of email formats including plain text emails, easy organization of subscriber groups, and it was enough for our small list of subscribers. I was in awe from day 1 of using it!

Cons

I think its WordPress plugin can use some improvement and extended capabilities.

Amit from Silver Hills Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.

My favorite email marinating app

Good if you get approval from them :) And definitely you will love this when you use.

Pros

Easy to use email marketing app with more features and pricing of this app is really low as compared too its competitors.

Cons

Their account approval process. I don't know why but they will not easily approve your account.

Travis from ShankinsHD

Great for emails!

My overall experience with MailerLite has been wonderful.

Pros

I like everything that MailerLite has to offer. I like how you can do things like build and manage emails with ease, engage your website visitors, grow your email and gain feedback. I like how you can go with a subscription or with a free one.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like. I like every single that that MailerLite has to offer. They really do a lot to make things easier for you.

Michelle from www.Guide2Free.com

Awesome

I have a larger list and I love how the prices are not insane. I have used several competitor products and I can say that Mailerlite has been a pleasure to use and they just keep adding more features.

Pros

I love all the added features like polls, landing pages, and ease of use.

Cons

I actually have no complaints with them.