Browse MailerLite Reviews

Roland from EatMoveLive52

Great, flexible service, with excellent support

Used them for years now, and recommend them to all my clients

Pros

Easy to use with lots of features usually only available with expensive services.

Cons

Going in and out of the drag and drop editor can sometimes be slow.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Price for what I need. I use the others, too, but as an author I don't need the advanced features that the others provide. Mailerlite is quite advanced enough unless you're selling big ticket items .

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

More flexible, easier to use, and all for less money (a lot less).

Response from MailerLite

Replied October 2021

Love to hear that you're enjoying being with us enough to recommend us, Roland! Paying it forward is the best way to go.

Michael from Danzy Design and Marketing

Clean and Easy to Use UI, FREE tier options and features the **BEST** in the industry.

Excellent....no complaints whatsoever. Customer service was prompt and helpful

Pros

How easy it is to use. I logged in and setup a campaign with a subscription form on the landing page I had built in less than 10 minutes. Was able to verify my sending email domain quickly, and test everything with no deliverability options. None of the emails wen to spam, like other platforms I've tested, from my same domain I was using, emails went to spam, or took ages to arrive in the inbox in my test runds.

Cons

No library of images, for example other platforms are connected to pixabay or unsplash, but this is a small price to pay, as their basic pro plan starts at a low fee of $10 per month (or $84 per year) - for 5 landing pages and one website, THIS IS AN INCREDIBLE price.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Custom service from Wishpond is slow, but the number one issue, their system to setup a campaign is so *complicated**, they havent updated the platforms ui or templates for landing pages and forms in a over two years. The company is stagnant when it comes to doing any improvements. All other platforms in this space, continually are improving their website, landing pages, Ui, customer support, features. Wishpond is just dead it seems. What is disappointing, IT HAS GREAT POTENTIAL to be a market leader, because of all the features it has...but users can work on potential.

Response from MailerLite

Replied August 2021

You review titles is making us blush, Michael! What a treat to read this. Thank you so much on behalf of our team to write this. Glad you became part of our community. Edit: Just realized I didn't add this little part in - we do have Unsplash integrated, so a little odd that you cannot see this from your end. Here's a link that might help: https://www.mailerlite.com/video-tutorials/file-manager-store-and-organize-your-images If this doesn't work, please get in touch with our support team as they will help you out with this.

Robert from National Chamber Ensemble

Excellent Eblast Platform

We store our member database there. We send concert promotions. We construct newsletters and more.

Pros

Mailerlite is very easy to use. Each section of an email seems to have a ready made drag and drop component. The components can be moved around or deleted with ease. It also integrated seamlessly with our ticketing software and the email signup web setup is straightforward. The support is the best I have ever experienced. I have literally never had to wait more than a minute for someone to jump in and help with any question or setup.

Cons

There are really no cons. There are a couple possible features that I thought MIGHT be useful. 1) Sub group possibilities and 2) Some ability to enter html in the very top header (where it says view in a browser). These are rather minor. They are looking into what might work.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Integration and price. It also had all features I wanted and worked beautifully and easily.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

They were also fine but did not integrate into our web or were pricier.

Response from MailerLite

Replied October 2021

Hey Robert, we're so happy to hear from you and that everything is running smoothly. We would love to get a testimonial from you! If you would be willing, could you please let me know? We can talk about it further via email.

August 2016

Amir

August 2016

My Horrifying experience with MailerLite

My experience with MailerLite. After weeks of research on the best and most economic way on how to send weekly emails to the subscribers of my small business , I choose MailerLite. What a mistake ! It turned out to be one of the most painful experiences as a small business owner. After weeks of research on the best and most economic way on how to send weekly emails to the subscribers of my small business , I choose MailerLite. What a mistake ! It turned out to be one of the most painful experiences as a small business owner. I give them credit, when it is due : Easy to navigate interface and professionally pre-made templates seemed a perfect match for my needs. As a small business owner, my first goal was to find a bulk email software that is easy to use and has a friendly and responsive customer service. For years, I used one of the major bulk email software providers, but they have become really expensive compared to what you get in return for these email campaigns. Finally, I made my decision and enrolled in one of MailerLite plans that seemed very attractive; at least on the paper! 15000 subscribers and unlimited monthly emails for $30!! WOAH !!! what a great bargain. Right? Not that fast ! They were very quick to charge my business card for the $30. I spent few hours to create a perfect email and uploaded my mailing list of 15000. and start creating the first campaign on MailerLite. This is where the nightmare started. When I wanted to send out the email, I received an email from their support team that I am not allowed to use more than 2000. ( i paid for 15000 subscribers with unlimited monthly emails) . I told them that I won't have it that way and they should cancel my account. They reached out to me and assured me that everything would be fine, hey approved me for 5000 and promised to increase my quote after the first few emails to prevent spams. Fair enough! After sending out the emails, they told me that I have breached their spam policy since the hard bounce of my emails were more than a certain number that they allow. I was not very happy with their decision but again, its their policy and I have to follow it. So I accepted their decision and didn't argue with them. But this the same email list that I have used with the other major email provider. I knew this is a small company with few resources and I have made a mistake. Obviously, I didn't want to pay for a service that I am not allowed to use. quite simple. So, I ask them to cancel my subscription and refund me the $30 that they have charged me !!! They kept me waiting for almost 4 days and then they told me that they have decided to keep my money ?!!!!!, and obviously they have access to all the 15000 subscribers on mailing list !! Customer service is the forefront of a business and I am really sorry to say that theirs is NON-EXISTING. Since the goal of this review was to save others some time and un-wanted headache, I have not mentioned any of the other competitors that make a much better option. Since then, I have signed up to another provider for only $5 extra and I could not be happier. I learned my lesson , cheaper choice is not always a better one. It is wiser to pay a bit more and go with a company with a better customer service and more resources. If even you think that you won't have the same issue that I had with them, still think of your need of customer service at some point. I hope this has helped you in your search. Good luck!

Pros

You would get a Cheap service

Cons

You would loose your money. They blame you for their failure to just charge your credit card for no service. Their system can't deliver and then they blame you. read other reviews all over web. Many people have complained about their delivery rate. You would loose your mailing list to them.

One of the best email marketing solutions I've found (and I've tried them ALL!)

So far (for the past six months) I've been working on a free plan, and haven't even begun to dig into what MailerLite can REALLY do for power users, but I've been extremely happy with what I've been able to accomplish with them so far. Remain very impressed with the number/quality of features. As an aside, they send a newsletter that is among the most helpful I've received.

Pros

Having tried other competitors, I've found MailerLite to be among the most intuitive, and DEFINITELY offers the most bang for the buck. So far, I haven't encountered any major issues. The process of uploading and cleaning subscriber lists, configuring lists & groups, managing signup forms, and setting up/sending campaigns + automated series' has been painless compared to the other email marketing solutions I've tried. Everything works as expected, and it doesn't take a long time to accomplish the small weekly email tasks I need to do. They have a number of good integrations and I particularly appreciate how they can work with Woocommerce. It's also been nice to be able to add users with different roles.

Cons

So far my one real complaint is that working in the backend can feel a bit slow at times. It's also a small gripe, but editing forms takes a bit longer than it should, as you have to click through a few screens to finally save your updated form.

Cost

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

I was with Mailchimp for years, but it had become extremely expensive and I could no longer justify what my newsletters were costing to send. I tried SendinBlue but onboarding was a mess and the backend was extremely clunky. I switched to Flodesk, but unfortunately, they seem to be working through a lot of issues that are to be expected when a product is still in beta. MailerLite seemed to be the best value, and after having used it for the last six months, I definitely believe it is.

Response from MailerLite

Replied October 2021

Glad to have you with us. Sharing a little secret with you today, we have heard our users and their feedback and there are some excited things in store in the future that might make all your cons go away for good. Keep an eye out :)

Alma from My Savvy Budget

Why MailerLite is a superior product at an incredible price!

LOVE IT! I will never go back to Mailchimp.

Pros

I love the ease of use. For me, it's like using Active Campaign but WAYYYY more affordable for my small business.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to find answers to some of my technical issues on the how-to pages. But, I'm excited to start using the new university.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Because Mailerlite offered almost the same functions I needed but did not require me to get three more jobs just to pay for it. LOL.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Mailchimp was too challenging and did not do what I needed it to do for the amount of money they were charging.

Response from MailerLite

Replied August 2021

So great to hear that you're joining the Academy, Alma - can't wait! And if you still have any other question, do get in touch with our amazing support team. They will always have your back.

Sue from Vintage From Oz

Customer Support Second to None

I am setting up a mailing list from scratch and I have found the functionality to be great. The couple of times I have found the help files to be less than helpful, someone has responded to my feedback and answered my queries and made the functionality very clear. Wonderful to know that someone actually reads (and responds) to feedback, rather than it going into a black hole.

Pros

As a brand new user, I am finding Mailerlite very easy to use, with almost all the functionality I need so far. I have asked a couple of questions where I do not understand the functionality and my questions have been answered very quickly! The automation is very intuitive and easy to set up.

Cons

I wanted to create a dropdown with 12 options (for months), but found the limit was 10 options. Small issue, but a bit of a hindrance.

A product review.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

I have always found Mailchimp to be very clunky to use, and wondered if there was something better available (at my beginner price point ie. free).

Response from MailerLite

Replied April 2021

Hi Sue, amazing to have you with us - was really curious about your Vintage shop, you should pass by the site, so I can have a look. I'm a sucker for a good find. If you have any further questions, you know where to find our amazing support team. - Lay

Deborah from Deborah Bryan

Quality Software, Exceptional Customer Service, and Scalable Pricing

Exceptional experience! The time-saving, money-saving and real people support team, has made the transition a lot easier than imagined. Open rates doubled and click rates also improved.

Pros

The best thing about this software is tutorials and triggered automation. The time-saving features like this one make sure the subscribers are organized and receive only what they have agreed to receive (through triggering 'group' additions and removals). The scalable pricing gives smaller startups a place to begin and grow.

Cons

The report feature could be improved. When we want to export a list of subscribers from a specific group, we can do that, but the report is missing the details (if this is a settings issue I'm still not finding it). I would like to have the report include all of the 'fields' that were completed during the opt-in. These answers ARE on each subscriber's profile page, but, not on the download.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Sequences and Series: The MailerLite automation triggers and features were optimal for series delivery (evergreen cycles with various opt-in dates). Easy to follow and implement instructions, video tutorials, and support forum (so far we are on a Facebook group). Scalable pricing.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Did not have the features we needed or did but the tutorial wasn't as clear as the MailerLite videos.

Response from MailerLite

Replied August 2021

Hi Deborah, great to hear about your experience with us, and it is also very much appreciated that you're taking the time to write this review. I took your feedback about our reports into account and made sure to keep track of this and see how we can improve it.

Claude from GiveMeSomeEnglish!!!

MailerLite Should Be Number One!!! (And They Probably Will Be)

Perfect. Everything has just been perfect. With the way that they have treated me, I actually feel like I am part of their team.

Pros

I switched to MailerLite because of the automation sequences that were FAR easier to use, and did NOT require a ridiculous upgrade in order to access them.

Cons

Honesty, there is nothing "bad" that I can say about anything with MailerLite. I am completely satisfied with everything. And it only keeps getting better.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

What sold me was the automated email sequencing. What made me upgrade (twice now) is that they are just awesome at everything they do!

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

MailChimp is just too expensive, and they are trying to be "Everything To Everyone". And ultimately, that means that they are not very good at anything that I tried to do with them. MailPoet was just a horrible experience. Great for the first couple days, but then a total disaster when it comes to their company policies and customer service. Absolutely horrible!

Response from MailerLite

Replied July 2021

We love that you feel part of the team, Claude! That's probably one of the greatest thing we can hear from our community. Thank you!

Nikki from RIch Boss Witch

Industry: Graphic Design

Mailer Lite ~ Great Customer Service and Wonderful Option for Total Beginners

I initially had an in issue with embedding a form that I had created in MailerLite into my WordPress site. I emailed Customer Support and received a quick response! Honestly, I wasn't expecting a personalized response that soon. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was kind enough to inform me that I may have installed the plug-in incorrectly and advised me on the steps of how to embed it properly. Sure enough! User error. I was able to embed and redesign to the form to my liking. Tested it and it works! Thank you, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] !⭐️

Pros

As a newbie to email marketing, I wished for an email management software that would be suitable for beginners. The instructor for an email campaign class mentioned that she recommended MailerLite for such folks as me and I am glad that she did! I recall attempting to use MailChimp and found it difficult to navigate through and not as intuitive as I liked. For Constant Contact, I did use that when I consulted for a small company but disliked the limited options. I also am intrigued by the MailerLite Academy and want to enroll in that.

Cons

The *only* thing that I dislike is that I, along with others in my class, didn't care for the background elements in the landing page templates. We all thought that we could modify the red color to a different color to match our background to no avail. It took some ingenuity but I did end up creating a landing page that I really like.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

As this is my first brand website, I wanted a management program that was geared towards beginners. I was already stressed out by designing my website and getting used to the nuances of my particular theme. Mailer Lite made it easy for me. As this was my first campaign and embed form, it did take me some time. I am rather picky about how things look so that does factor into that equation!

Response from MailerLite

Replied October 2021

Super curious how your landing page ended up, Nikki! And you should definitely enrol into the MailerLite Academy.

Theodor from Theodor Paues Naturfotograf

Industry: Photography

Free version extreme value!

Super friendly and very service minded support. It is really something how much value and functionality the free version includes, I have no need to go to the paid version before reaching 1000 subs, and when I do the price for the paid version is also extremely competitively priced.

Pros

Great features, excellent customer support

Cons

None really. Off cause there could be even more functionality, but really there is already a lot.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

I read reviews of Mailchimp and realized that price for automations would be high. I used MC a while back and it was at the time also quite cumbersome interface.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Squarespace mailservice is ridiculously expensive and very little value. MailerLite free version in MUCH better.

Response from MailerLite

Replied May 2021

Took a little peak at your photography, and it's beautiful. I especially like the picture of Tjurpannans Naturreservat. Glad you're part of our community now.

Beth Champion from 5-Star Songwriting

So much for so little!

Love it!

Pros

I was hosting my website & CRM in Kajabi, but the price was killing me. When I switched my e-courses over to another platform, I needed a website & email manager. I looked at a bunch of options, but the price got super high super fast. And the ones with a "free web builder!" were SOOOO limited that it would be impossible to build a decent-looking website with it. Then I found MailerLite! GREAT email and contact management & automations. SUPER easy web builder that actually rivals Kajabi and the big guys for like $10 a month (!). And when I got stuck, their support chat has always been super fast, super friendly, and usually just fixes my problem from their end in a couple minutes! I cannot say ENOUGH good things about this software.

Cons

I wish there was native integration with SamCart, but that's not MailerLite's fault. :) I wish a couple more things were customizable in the web designer -- but it's still way more than what I expected for the price.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Price, flexibility, ease of use, modern and good-looking templates for emails & sites/landing pages

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Kajabi was too pricey for where my business is right now. It was like using a chain saw when I really needed a good butter knife.

Response from MailerLite

Replied October 2021

So lovely you found us, Beth! And very glad to hear that our features have met your expectations. Thank you foo taking the time to write this review.

JAZE from PoohdingWear

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Get The Word Out With MailerLite

I got to see first hand what the power of a landing page can do for my business and with MailerLite, you get so many neat templates to choose from, it makes the whole process of sending newsletters so much fun and way easier than I thought.

Pros

This software could not be any easier to use, it is totally beginner friendly, has a cool user interface with a great free plan to use if you just want to see what it is capable of. It comes with a great email automation tool, allows up to 1000 subscribers/12000 emails plus if you do choose to make an upgrade to a paid plan, it is super affordable to do so.

Cons

I don't see any cons with this software, it meets my everyday needs, it does not come off as spam to my subscribers, they must just keep it up. So far so good.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

I got word from my sister that MailerLite was worth taking a closer look at because of how much it had to offer just off the free plan and that it was going to be the easiest software to adapt to when it comes to email marketing.

Response from MailerLite

Replied October 2021

Tell your sister we thank he for steering you our way and for leaving us such a lovely review behind.

Monica from Maroli Design Services

Only The Inexperienced User Grumbles About Mailerlite

If you haven't figured out that Mailerlite is one of those hills I die on in loving the app, then you didn't read my review thoroughly

Pros

I work primarily with authors. As a general rule, authors are control freaks (I know, I'm one myself.) Whenever I hear complaints about Mailerlite open rates, click throughs, management etc. as a loyal customer, I counter with my extended use of the app, how long it takes to build an audience, stop expecting immediate magical results that NO mailing list vendor can give you. The app is the tool, the user needs to know how to manipulate it to their advantage by know how to entertain, hone their lists, and maximize their mailings. MOST OF ALL EMAIL REPUTATION is crucial. Few users get that. A smaller tighter list of 5k subscribers is worth more than a list of 15k because most of that 15k sign up then never read or click through. Wastes money, time, and message focusing. I have NEVER had any of the problems I see others complain about. No one can be an expert in everything, and while newsletters are crucial to an author, few of them get that it take a strong understanding of mailing list marketing, and creative thinking to use Mailerlite to it's fullest potential. IMHO Mailerlite can't be beat with their innovative offerings for the budget-mined businesses. BUT you need to know how to use it. Most complainers have unrealistic expectations. They're not looking at the overall picture. The only other vendor I would choose over Mailerlite is AC, but I can manage w/o extra bells and whistles because my expertise is in marketing and the app's abilities to build strong lists.

Cons

The only thing I wish Mailerlite had is some of the detailed tracking that Active Campaign offers, but that requires a lot of programming, and would cost more. I also wish they could transfer over the ability for more custom design that can be applied to everything I create template or email wise. When I have to recreate things, it takes time, and that costs my clients money. Also, lately there seems to be some server delays as certain times of the day the app churns while trying to get from one place to another. But AC has similar problems. I don't know if that's completely their fault though with more and more people working from home, it's bound to impact local traffic on the user's end. However, I'm on 5G and I still have issues with load times . So it's something they need to be aware.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

I get pretty much the same amount of features at a MUCH LOWER price point.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

The switch was made because client thought they'd get better open/click rates without understanding that email reputation (their responsibility) and strong branch workflows are crucial to targeting and strengthening a list.

Response from MailerLite

Replied November 2021

I think your phrase "one of those hills I die on" genuinely just make me spit the tea out of my mouth. Thank you so much for such an amazing review - I always find it amazingly entertaining to read reviews that have been very creatively crafted and left behind. I would love to ask you for some details and send you a little gift from my end. Feel free to reply to this, and we can get in touch.

Eli from Ryker Morgan Publishing

Outstanding Product, World Class Customer Service

Five stars. Seriously, this is the best platform I've ever used. Again, I can't rave enough about the customer service. Whenever I have a question, I don't even bother digging through online forums or google searches. I just hit the chat box, and five minutes later I have my answer (usually accompanied by a meme...I told you these guys have a sense of humor). This level of easy access to customer service makes dealing with my mailing lists EASY, and if you've ever dealt with a convoluted platform like MailChimp, you know what a dream that is. The platform itself is also so easy to navigate and understand. Once I know where I feature or tool is located, I almost never have to ask where to find it again, even if I don't use it for a few months. That's because the platform is user-centric, logical, and clean. MailerLite also seems to invest effort into regularly updating and optimizing the platform so that it stays clean and usable. Add to that the incredible value of the product (MailerLite's prices are some of the best in the business) and you have a real winner.

Pros

I've used mailing lists as a core of my marketing strategies for various businesses since 2011, and MailerLite is far and away the best. Many mailing list services are built around impossibly complex and counter-intuitive platforms that leave you searching for functions and features every time you need to use them. Not MailerLite. MailerLite is so simple and easy to use, and if you ever have a question, one of their expert customer service reps is only a quick instant message away. These guys are absolute experts. I've literally never had a question they couldn't answer, or find the answer to. They have a sense of humor, too, and I never have to wait very long to talk to one.

Cons

Early on in my adoption of MailerLite I did have some issues with the software loading slowly, and occasionally not loading at all. I think these were just growing pains, and I've not had any issues for a while now. One feature MailerLite does not have that I really wish they would add is a tagging system. They offer what they call "groups", which are basically buckets to put various subscribers in. I wish there was a way to tag a subscriber with a note like "first time buyer" or whatever, so that I could then segment parts of groups later for more detailed targeting. I use groups more like lists. Most mailing list providers offer lists and tags. MailerLite seems to have merged both of these functions into one, calling them groups. The downside of this is that if you use groups as tags, and you like to use a really detailed tagging system, you end up with an absolute mess of groups, with some subscribers in multiple groups. It's not clean. Other than this, I really have no complaints. I miss tags, but not enough to give up the extreme usability and outstanding value that MailerLite brings over overpriced and convoluted options like MailChimp (yeah, I'm gonna name names).

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Two reasons. First of all, MailChimp's platform is absolutely abysmal. I mean it's just the worst. I can never find anything, the tools and functionality are limited, customer service is limited (and slow), and the interface is anything but intuitive. I've used MailChimp off and on for over a decade, and during that time they haven't improved the interface at all. It's truly terrible. Secondly, pricing. MailChimp is generally about twice as expensive as MailerLite, and that really starts to sting when you gain larger lists. They also regularly increase their pricing, which is business, I understand. But when your product continues to be counter-intuitive, difficult to use, and outdated...AND you increase your prices to unreasonable levels...I'm out.

Response from MailerLite

Replied October 2021

Hey Eli, you are such a star for giving us such an amazing and thorough review. We love honest feedback and think this is important for users to see. We've been collecting some reviews we love to share on our website, and this just might be one of them! If you are okay to do so, could you reply to my email? We can chat further!

Mohammed from IFEN

Allows you to automate your way all the way through to your marketing and outreach goals

My first experience with MailerLite for conducting academic research was a huge miss from the very start, and ended up being quite disappointing because the numbers we were getting were abysmal by all accounts. But as I later found out from subsequent projects I worked on, the problem was not from the system, but from us (the research team). Because we hadn't taken much time to explore the full range of features and how to adapt them to our specific needs, we ended up with a highly defective campaign that was doomed to fail. Ever since then, I have collaborated on over 15 different campaigns with MailerLite, and each of them were a huge success, with outcomes far exceeding our modest expectations.

Pros

The list management protocols work excellently to create a really clean database of the most useful contacts. Not only does this reduce the overall cost of running our campaigns, it also affects the outcome of our campaign impact assessment results. We no longer get to factor in dead weights in our computations, which used to come up really short and make us feel like we failing woefully. Until MailerLite cleaned it up and gave us true measures of our actual impact.

Cons

Some of the most advanced embedded tracking features are a bit intrusive and feel like an invasion of the privacy of our clients, even though they do end up providing us with very valuable insights on our campaigns and the market.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

MailerLite had the best promotional ads and online resources.

Response from MailerLite

Replied July 2021

Hi Mohammed, thank you for sharing such a detailed experience with us. Should you have any other feedback, you can always mail us at feedback@mailerlite.com - we love to hear from our community.

The perfect tool for small business owners or just anyone who is about to start

Pretty happy with the product, helps me to do what I want to do without getting in the way all the time

Pros

This SaaS has everything an average user would want. It is perfect for small companies or folks who just want to set up a newsletter easily, without all the additional hustle of getting to use with the 100 of features the other platforms give you. I have tried and used for short periods a lot of them and I have found MailerLite to suit best my needs. It has free version of up to 1000 subscribers, Email builder, automations, site and forms builder in the free version. What more could I ask. It's more than enough to test out my idea, see if it will bring in some profit, and if it does I'll happily go on for the paid version.

Cons

Well I was trying to use some HTML code in one email but I could get it work for the life of me. I'm not a programmer by any means but I know how to deal with code, and HTML in particular. I was really frustrated and somewhat angry. As a last resort I mailed the support (I almost never do it because, they never give me any good advice, not MailerLite, but all support as general). here it wasn't the case, the agent pointed me out what I had to use and it did the job. Other than that I really haven't had any other issues. Gave it 4 starts, because it's my only contact with the support and really don't know more than that.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

The free trial gave me the possibility to get feel of the product and see if it was really what I was looking for.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Too many options, too complicated, too expensive and a lack of adequate free trial

Response from MailerLite

Replied July 2021

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and giving us some feedback regarding the HTML code issues.

Carmen from Own Image

Industry: Publishing

Fantastic email platform especially for beginners

I have no complaints with Mailerlite. It integrates well with other platforms I'm using.

Pros

What I like about Mailerlite is that it is easy to use. The help-tutorials are very informative. I know it has the capability to do more than I am utilising at the moment, so I trust that it will serve me in the future as my mailing list grows. I also value the quick response I get from the help team when I can't find my answer in the help menu. They are friendly and willing to answer any question. The value for money is exceptional.

Cons

When I select a group and open the list of subscribers in that group, the Group List name doesn't appear above the list of subscribers. Instead the wording is "this list contains 36 subscribers". It would be helpful if that sentence says "this (name of group) contains 36 subscribers". I can easily forget which group I'm looking at without the name appearing at the top.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

My website is set up using Squarespace but I couldn't get it to integrate consistently with Mailchimp. Mailchimp is complicate compared to Mailerlite. Squarespace on it's own doesn't have all the features that Mailerlite has. So I simply moved everything over to Mailerlite. It works well with Zapier and StoryOrigin, the other platforms I use on a daily basis.

Response from MailerLite

Replied June 2021

Hey Carmen, great feedback for us! We truly appreciate it - I will make sure that this is passed on.

Audrey from SoCal Athletics, Inc

Finally, an email service that keeps it simple.

MailerLite makes it easy to send professional emails my customers enjoy opening. Emails look better and it saves me time.

Pros

For me, the thing that separates MailerLite from other email services is its RSS feature. We post blogs almost daily. Then, once a week, we send a summary of our posts to our email list. When we were using Constant Contact, I had to make that summary email manually. With MailerLite, I hook up the RSS feed, and they automatically create the summary email and send it out for me. MailChimp has an RSS feature, but the formatting is a bland list. MailerLite wins here because I can edit how the RSS feed looks (e.g., use featured images, automated columns).

Cons

My biggest gripe is when you preview pending RSS emails in the queue. The test email shows older blog posts. However, when the queued email does officially send, it's the correct blog post.

Response from MailerLite

Replied May 2021

Hey Audrey, thank you for the feedback regarding the RSS - I will make sure to pass this on to our team for further inspection. - Lay

Great landing pages

MailerLite provides beautiful landing pages, an easy to use drag-and-drop email builder, and nice sign-up forms. It is amazing and really helpful that they allow free users access to their email automation feature.

Pros

Over the years, I have tried many email marketing services and I must acknowledge that MailerLite is a great alternative to MailChimp. They have really nice landing page options even if you're using their free plan. Beyond the landing pages, I did not end up choosing MailerLite as my "forever" email marketing provider though. I teach women how to start their own online business and if one of my students did not have a website I could not refer them to this provider. You need a website and a domain email address in order to use this service.

Cons

Some entrepreneurs are just starting out and they do not have a website yet. There are many online business owners who that want to build their email list before building their website. To get access to MailerLite however, you need a website. So, unfortunately, I cannot recommended this platform to my business friends who don't have a website yet.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

I was testing out different email marketing platforms. I liked the landing pages and email automation feature that MailerLite provides.

Response from MailerLite

Replied April 2021

Hi there, thank you for leaving a review for us. Such a lovely business idea you have. We genuinely appreciate you giving us the feedback of some of our users not having a website - this is something I will make sure to add to our feedback data. Have a good one!

James from Bissy Energy

Really Solid Software and Customer Service

Love it. Will be hard to ever leave.

Pros

Great customizability for emails and very simple to use. It is the most design friendly email service I have used. Also incredible customer service. I accidentally deleted a very important landing page built through mailerlite - I emailed their support and it was restored within an hour. I accidentally deleted ALL of our subscribers - I emailed support again and again they were all restored within a couple hours. Very impressed.

Cons

I wish video was easier to insert into the emails. I also wish it was easier to segment. ConvertKit maybe a better option for segmenting and targeting.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Design capabilities are more intuitive.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Mailerlite is better and cheaper. That simple.

Response from MailerLite

Replied January 2021

Hi James, thank you for your lovely and. Fair feedback. I have to say the design on your Bissy Energy page is amazing! - Lay

Emily from Mindfully Trading

Begin Email Marketing With Mailerlite

I switched from MailChimp to Mailerlite as the features with Mailerlite were more appealing, more professional and better value for money. I originally started with the free package for around two weeks, until my email list outgrew the free package, where I now continue to pay on a monthly basis. The income that I receive from utilizing my email list pays for the service provided by Mailierlite and I am very happy with the features/ service provided. I received great customer support from Mailerlite in regards to the issues mentioned above, and since then I have required no customer support.

Pros

I like the many features included with the software for a reasonable monthly (or yearly) fee. Such as the ability to create different groups to manage email marketing topics. I particular enjoy using the autoresponder emails feature as this is a great way to utilise email marketing and Mailerlite have a very user friendly interface, making a potentially complex task easier to carry out. I also enjoy the extra features including the landing page templates to capture new email signups.

Cons

The only issue I had with this product, and why I did not give it 5 stars, is the email deliverability rate. Whereby occasionally my automated emails were not being sent to new email signups and they were not able to complete the sign up process, being classed as unconfirmed in my email list. This was inconvenient as sometimes I would receive emails from people saying that they signed up but had not received a certain product I was offering for new sign ups. However, after researching this topic, I learnt that this is actually a common issue with most email network providers and that Mailerlite has one of the best deliverability rates overall. Therefore I have stayed with Mailerlite and I hope that this is something their software will improve on over time.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Because Mailerlite provides everything that I need for my current email marketing campaign, for a reasonable cost that I am happy and willing to pay.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

The features with Mailerlite were more appealing, more professional and better value for money.

Maggie from University of Montana

Easy to use Email Campaign Builder

MailerLite is easy to use and their team has been very responsive. For example. when we had to upgrade our license as we had hit our subscriber count, last minute, on a Friday, I was stressing! They got our license updated quickly so I could get my time sensitive email out on time.

Pros

This software was easy to implement and use! We have a period of high traffic where we have to reach out to multiple segments with customized information. MailerLite takes the stress out of it. It is easy to manage our subscriber list and I appreciate the intuitive advanced recipient settings that allow me to build in logic based on subscriber segments for sending email campaigns. The simple and easy to use stats let me see what is working. We compare this to a response/action in another system, as our emails are targeting groups with a call to action. I also like how easy it is to copy existing campaigns and easily modify them for different segments. I can build up all my campaigns and have them scheduled to help manage our 'traffic' in our office and systems. I also found that we can set up templates once we have customized the content to help maintain brand consistency, which saves us time and ensures the necessary details are included. I like that I can easily preview and test campaigns - mostly that I can view the desktop and mobile in the browser.

Cons

I've used other software that let us to custom html email design. The built in content builder can be a bit challenging if you really want to customize for a specific look. That being said, the content builder is made to let anyone easily and quickly create emails.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

MailerLite's free version restricted unique users, not the number of emails sent. We often need to email large segments on the same day. The free version made the most sense at the time. We continued with MailerLite because their licensing was affordable and we could pay monthly, and weren't committed to a year long contract.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

We had used a free version of a MailChimp with issues and received poor customer services. Literally, they never replied to us after multiple attempts. We had used this product for a few years on the free version, so were invested, but ultimately couldn't use it due to poor customer service, especially knowing our future growth would require purchasing/subscribing to the premium version.

Debbie from PianoBuzz Studios

Industry: Performing Arts

All very good, once I got going

Overall, I like the company and the platform. It's not as slick as some of the others I've seen, but I believe it's a great value and gets the job done. I like that there are tutorials on just about everything, and customer support is very quick to respond when I have an issue.

Pros

It truly is a "drag and drop" landing page and website builder! I've worked with other website builders that make it so much more complicated than it needs to be. With MailerLite, I just literally drag a text box from the sidebar and plunk it down wherever I want to on my landing page. It's super easy to move sections up or down, too. It's not 100% customizable, and I've had to adjust my design plans a little here and there. But that's probably a good thing for me, who is easily overwhelmed when I have too many choices. I can spend hours and days on things that just don't matter in the long run if I'm given too many options. MailerLite allows me to customize just enough to make the finished product fit my brand without completely overwhelming me with too many options. Overall, once I figured things out, I found MailerLite to be very easy to use and at an excellent price point!

Cons

I wish there were more templates to choose from! Most everything can be tweaked and customized to fit my brand but I wish there was a template that was closer to what I was looking for from the get-go. I mentioned in the "pros" section that it's not 100% customizable, and found myself wishing here and there that I could just change this one little thing or move this/that over here/there. But like I said, being a bit more confined in the design options is probably a blessing for me and helped me get my landing pages, website and sales pages designed much quicker.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Price! MailerLite is the most generous with pricing and features than any other products I researched.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

I was extremely disappointed that the free version of ConvertKit did not include automation. It seems to me that automation is a very basic feature of this type of software. I like that MailerLite offers automation along with a few other perks with their free plan.

Traver from Precision Temperature

A great mailing software for business newsletters and automation

My overall experience has been pretty great. I have two mailing lists for two different business ventures. One with 700 people on my list, and one with 7,000. MailerLite works fantastic whether you're on the free or paid plan. The only difference is (for how I use it), you can't use automated sequences on the free plan. I have very few complaints about the software.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. It's a beautiful dashboard that's easily navigated. The WYSIWYG editor is super sleek. From adding new subscribers to setting up complex automations, it's all really simple.

Cons

Sometimes there's a hiccup in the system that causes text editing to mess up. What I mean is that I'll be typing and I'll get to where I am right now, and the cursor will reset to the beginning and start type there instead. If I refresh the page, the problem goes away.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Price, mostly. But now that I've been a MailerLite user since 2018, I don't see myself ever needing to change.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Mailchimp is a bit more complicated to in setup and in automations. Plus its pricing is outrageous. Like, ridiculously outrageous. MailerLite is super reasonable in price. I love it.

Response from MailerLite

Replied July 2020

Hey Trever, Thank you! I loved to read your review of MailerLite and yes, our web design is super sleek ;) Don't hesitate to contact us for anything you need - we are always there for you. Irene

Heather Jo from Permaculture Women's Guild

No ESP is perfect, but MailerLite comes the closest

Overall, (even when I was accidentally crashing my own automations and blaming it on the support staff!) they have been absolutely stellar. I have shopped around plenty, used several other services, and am, for sure, sticking with MailerLite for the long haul.

Pros

The interface is so easy and intuitive, and I always know how to do what I want to do in MailerLite. As a tech-challenged solopreneur and content creator, I want to spend as little time as possible on the learning curve, so I can focus on what my people want: the content. Custom branding is spot-on, and segmentation works perfectly.

Cons

Deliverability isn't what it could be, but we're ALL working on that one! And this is probably more the fault of user habits and annoying AI filters.

Pricing.

1. the UI is a like a freakin rocket ship, and 2. the pricing is ridiculous

Response from MailerLite

Replied July 2020

Flores, thank you for the stellar review ;) We're enthusiastic and glad to hear that we're making easier the journey of our customers. I wish you all the best for your solopreneur adventure! Irene

Sapph from Art of Emails

Easy-to-use affordable email marketing platform with all of the features most people need

Pros

MailerLite is one of the most affordable email marketing platforms right now with all of the features most people need like automations, a drag and drop builder and embedded signup forms. Their most useful feature is automations, which lets you send a sequence of emails to subscribers if they join a list, if one of their contact fields gets updated (example: if they go from being a free to a paid member), if they click on a link, etc. You can also create yes/no branches at different points in the automation to send different emails to subscribers after they meet or don't meet a certain criteria. They also have a decent free plan for those who are starting out or looking to test the platform. The free plan includes automations and most of their key features. I also use personally use their APIs to automatically add new members to specific automations - they are well documented and easy to follow.

Cons

1. Right now, you can only create yes or no branches in automations. So for example, let's say that you want subscribers who already downloaded a lead gen to not receive an email in the automation about it. The only way to do this right now is to create a yes/no branch. If yes, they'll receive the rest of the sequence in the yes branch *without* the specific email. If no, they'll receive the rest of the sequence in the no branch *with* specific email. But if you want subscribers in both branches to receive the rest of the other emails, you'd have to have duplicate emails in the yes and no branch. It gets time-consuming if you want to add more emails to the automation (you'd have to add them both to the yes and no branch) or if you need to update any of the existing emails (you'd have to update both in the yes and no branch). It would be easier if you can simply add specific criteria to each email in the automation. So for example, if the subscriber meets the criteria, they'll receive this email in the automation. If not, they skip that email but still receive the next ones (if they match the criteria). 2. They had deliverability issues in the past which they did work really hard to fix. However, based on my experiences and that of what others have reported, overall open rates (with an authenticated domain) tend to be somewhat lower than a few other top platforms.

Abigail from The Growth Metric

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great for creating email newsletters and shareable pdf brochures

Mailerlite is a Godsent, I think the export to PDF has a lot of potential. There are over 12 million WhatsApp users in Kenya, most of our clients and prospects, are more willing to connect us via WhatsApp than by email. The PDF brochures has become one of our biggest marketing assets as we can keep them updated about our projects in a more social way. The fact that the brochures are more shareable is a big bonus. However, It'll be good to be able to track clicks, which currently can't be done as it's stored as a draft in MailerLite. I know Mailerlite is an email marketing software but I'd love to be able to monitor the performance of newsletters turned into brochures the same way I can monitor sent campaigns. Even if it's something as simple as having a dashboard for draft campaigns and using Google Analytics to track clicks on it.

Pros

- I used Mailerlite to create email newsletters (Which any email marketing software can do) but most importantly I used Mialerlite to create sharable pdf brochures showcasing our past/current projects (My client was an Architecture company). These "brochures" are light size wise as the target platform was Whatsapp. The images are clickable linking to the projects on our websites, this way when sent to clients/potential clients on WhatsApp they can know more about us without having to go to our website. - Design Options: I've used MailChimp, Active Campaign, Moosend and pretty much any Email marketing software you can think off, but in terms of design flexibility and templates, Mailerlite has the best design options. My favorite is the "Featured Image" block - Great Customer Support: Mailerlite is meant for creating email newsletters and not pdf brochures so it was a bit tricky working around that especially since the share to social media button wouldn't work since the newsletter I converted into a brochure wasn't technically an email campaign (I.e it wasn't sent to anyone/mailing list) but remained in my dashboard as a draft. I had a chat with them on how to arrange the elements so my brochure was 3 pages max, and how to reduce the size.

Cons

- My emails kept going to the spam folder which was very bothersome, so I contacted support and I was told I'm not the only one having the same problem and that it's an issue they're working on as they were blacklisted (Or something like that) -As much as I love the featured image element, it renders differently on Outlook desktop app. Instead of appearing as one large image, the images appeared as a grid, with nine images of the same image taking the space instead of one large image. It was a bit disconcerting and there was no way around it.

Shayne from SellerPrime

Every Start-Up's Sidekick!

I am a Marketing Specialist by profession and software/tools like this make my job so much easier, for which I am very grateful! I recently stumbled upon MailerLite when I was building my E-Commerce website. Previously, I used to use MailChimp (Also a great tool and I currently use it only at work). Mailerlite seamlessly integrated with my Shopify Store and gave me so much power over my marketing strategies. In my opinion, it's the best E-mail Automation tool out there, with much more options and customizations that can help you craft powerful newsletters, landing pages, etc.

Pros

1) Highly Optimized And Responsive: MailerLite helps me to design and create newsletters that look amazing on desktops, tablets, and mobiles. 2) Design Capabilities: It's safe to say that the design capabilities that MailerLite gives you are far better than any other similar product in its segment. What I mean to say is, the "little things" that MailerLite allows you to do can add significant value to the way you market! For example, there are a number of templates that can enable you to have "buttons" attached to an image (Perfect CTA's by the way). Also, there are several heading options for my newsletters where I can have my company name and logo or either one at the beginning of them. These, of course, are just a few examples I could think of straight off the bat. 3) Easy Integration: Connection my domain with MailerLite was a lot easier than I expected - with a swift and seamless integration process. 4) No Learning Curve Required: MailerLite is incredibly simple to use and it won't take you long to get the hang of it. 5) Affordability: The title of my review says it all! MailerLite is a blessing for startups on a budget who don't have money to throw around. There are 5 different pricing models that include one "freemium" version as well. However, if you are using it for business purposes, I suggest you use their starter plan that will unlock all features and allow you to send unlimited emails. Remember, looking professional is key!

Cons

1) Slightly Laggy: MailerLite can occasionally become laggy and starts freezing when you import a lot of contacts. Now, I don't really know if this is due to my hardware set up (which is quite recent), but I've asked around and I've gotten mixed opinions about this. 2) Customization Options: It would be really great if MailerLite introduces some more Landing Page customization options in the near future. Whatever be the case, it's still the best E-mail Automation software, in my opinion.

Ellen from Soulmade Freedom

I am very happy with MailerLite

I don't know yet how much clients I will reach with this MailerLite program, because I have just started. I have every confidence that it will be great, because I am so proud of what I made that I will shout about my business from every rooftop I can find.

Pros

During these last few weeks, I have built my own website, two landing pages, and I created several e-mail campaigns for my own business. Normally I don't like doing these things, because technical stuff is not my natural habitat, or talent . However, I loved using MailerLite! I learned to do everything myself just by watching the videos in the MailerLite Academy. I could follow every step and do it myself. MailerLite is very user friendly. Even more important, when I make something, it looks great. Now I am really proud of what I have created. When I had a question, I just asked a question to the support team and they are very helpful, and nice. I can definitely recommend MailerLite to everyone!

Cons

There were only 2 minor inconveniences in the software, that had to do with the header, and with links to photos in an image-grid. I have asked the support team for help and they did great.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

I don't like Getresponse at all. It is not user friendly, and it doesn't look good. I hated having to do the work to create a campaing in Getresponse. In MailerLite it is so much easier. I created my first mailing campain within 3 minutes! And I created the website in only a few days.

Response from MailerLite

Replied August 2021

We are super proud of you too, Ellen. Amazing that you are ahead with the MailerLite Academy. We're glad to have you onboard in our community, and we're keeping our fingers crossed for all those clients to pour in.

April from Impactful Online Solutions

I LOVE Mailerlite!

I work for a company that uses Mailerlite extensively to send out all email campaigns and set up the automations for the lead magnet opt-ins. It has been easy to set up and train others on using it when I am not available.

Pros

Once its set up, its easy to create automations, landing pages, and set up and schedule email campaigns. I LOVE that I can set up emails to go out in the future--I can set it all up at one time for the next 8 weeks and then not worry about it.

Cons

Getting everything set up and verified can take a little time, but if this helps with deliverability, then that's okay with me.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Mailerlite's free version has the automation included, which is HUGE! And, its way more economical for the beginning business owner!

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Ease of use--Mailerlite was simpler and easier to use. Plus, it was less expensive, especially when we got over 1000 subscribers.

Response from MailerLite

Replied October 2021

SET IT AND FORGET IT. Not our slogan, but we totally live for this as well. Thank you for bing part of our community, April.

Austin from The Hidden Dominion

Great Mailing System - Highly Recommend

Mailerlite was my first choice originally because they have a free limit. Most other services require monthly payments right from the start, so my expectations were low. However, I've been using them for my website and I have nothing to say BUT AWESOME! There interface is clean. The ability to integrate the different services directly into the website (popups, pop unders, direct mailing software) is simply the best. I've used a few different ones prior to mailerlite (just the trials), and all of them were more complicated. Only one negative: If you're a time-sensitive person, the website can be slow. You have to go through a bunch of buttons to change the format of all of your popups and such. However, it gives you amazing control over everything so the wait is well worth it in my opinion. As for the mailing lists, they are super simple to use and keep track of. It's easy to design each mail to your specification, and even select time-sensitive ones (one email a week after they sign up originally, for example). So it makes it easy to just setup one-time and not really worry about it except for your own personal emails you send sporadically for the mailing list. For example, I have mine setup to send an intro email, followup email the next day, then a list of best articles one week after initial signup. It does all this automatically so I don't have too. And i've tested it - it works great. It also looks fantastic when you put the work in. You can view my popup and my sidebar mailing opt-in form here: www.hiddendominion.com/ As you can/could see - it's super sleek and can be negotiated to match anything to your design. In short, highly recommend. If you're looking for a place to start - don't even think about other options. Stick with mailerlite. You won't regret it!

Pros

Easy to use Great customer support Tons of options Easy to manage mailing list Ability to setup intermittent emails

Cons

Slow to load the designing tables

Response from MailerLite

Replied April 2017

Austin, thank for the review and the comment about the pop-ups. We will certainly make them more visible.

Britt from Malka

Industry: Writing and Editing

MailerLite could be good, but....

I use MailerLite for an author pen name. That pen name writes clean and wholesome romance, and my list consists of 46 people who opted in to get a free short story. Once a week I send an email to my list to tell them about my books. I noticed that instead of going out to 46, my emails only went out to 32. I checked, and there were no bounces. So I contacted support to ask about this gap. After a week or so, I was asked to make a video of it (even though it should be visible from their end), which I did. A week or so later again, they came back and told me that I had spam traps on my list, that my bounces were too high and I should check their spam policies, and that I was at a risk of having my account suspended. That in spite of their own system saying that I had no bounces and that I definitely not are sending out spam. I lost all trust in the service after this email, and I won't continue using them in the future. Neither will I continue to recommend others that they use them.

Pros

You can't beat free if the product is good, and for that price MailerLite is perfect for small list owners. You can have up to 500 free subscribers, and after that, the price is reasonable. MailerLite has a reputation for good deliverability. Even the free version offers segmenting and other advanced stuff.

Cons

The user interface isn't very intuitive, and things like finding the field to add a name seems clumsy to me. I have a friend who's blind, and he's struggling with the software. I've often had to log into his account to help him with tasks, because the product isn't optimized for visual impaired users. Support is slow to answer questions. And at least at one point straight out threatening. I'll get back to that in the description below.

Response from MailerLite

Replied July 2020

Hi Britt, Thank you for your review. I've been investigating your case and on our system, last time you had a chat with our Customer Support dates back to 2 years ago. Could you please send the screenshots of the conversation you described to feedback@mailerlite.com? I'd like to investigate more and help you as much as I can. All the best, Irene

Mailchimp as it should be

I use it for all my small and medium sized clients and i feel comfortable in saying that the free plan can cover almost any need they have.

Pros

Mailerlite is my software of choice if you plan to step in the newsletter marketing arena. It has all the features you need (and some top-class feature) to get you up and running quickly with an easy learning curve. The Survey and Quizzes function is my favorite one, alongside it's simple automation workflow engine.

Cons

Mailerlite it's a pleasure to use, but it's not (yet?) capable as more structured tools like Active Campaign or Sendinblue as far as segmenting and tracking user for marketing purposes. If you need more "power" under the hood you'll have to switch. But you'll miss the ease of use and the marvelous template builder this tool has!

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Its free plan is fantastic! You can really put it to the test before you have to invest in it.

Perfect For Small To Medium-Size Businesses >100k Subscribers (Ease Of Use, Simple & Clean UI)

So I have a small online business and I only use Mailerlite for managing my subscribers and sending them weekly emails to keep them engage and Mailerlite does its job exceptionally well at an affordable price.

Pros

It's a very simple, clean but professional email marketing service. I mostly use it to manage my newsletter subscribers but it also offers to create landing pages, blogs and popups. Yeah, it's advance but not hair pulling complex. it's perfect for small to medium-size businesses only, around 100k subscribers at most. why? TWO reasons. First, it's simple to use, quite reputed and has a lower price than its competitors like Aweber & Convertkit, which makes it the first choice for small and medium-sized businesses. Second, When your subscribers grow beyond 100k you need a more robust system to perform tons of automation based on so many factors, and as the industry standard, you should be at least making $1000/month, per 1000 subscribers, so you should be making enough money to invest in more robust enterprises level ESP. Mailerlite is not for enterprises level of advance and complex automation, so Mailerlite is a brilliant choice for bloggers, freelancers and online instructors. and that's why I use it for my small business.

Cons

When you signup for Mailerlite's team takes 2-4 days to activate your account, so you can not use it instantly, you have to wait for their approval, I waited for 3 days :) and the website integration process is also strict.

Response from MailerLite

Replied July 2021

Thank you for sharing your experience with us :)

Stephanie from Ashestoroots

Industry: Renewables & Environment

I'm here for the long haul

I recently had an issue where I put the wrong Link in an email campaign. All my subscribers got the wrong link to a new product and I was mortified [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was awesome in correcting the issue not only from the wrong link in the email, but again when I sent my email trying to correct it. So I messed up twice and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was still able to help me.

Pros

there are so many email service providers out there I got overwhelmed with who to pick. I ended up just choosing one and it happened to be Mailerlite. I have since tried the free tria for convertkit and ended up coming back. The customer service is awesome so are the features. I am a small blogger that just got started a few months ago so having the free option has been awesome to grow my list without having to collect extra fees. I will be happy when my list grows and I will stick with Mailerlite because they have helped grow a small business. Thanks you!

Cons

Learning how to navigate and get used to the wording was the biggest hurdle. I took me some googling and watching videoss to setup my automation series for new subscribers. But ultimately I persevered.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

I love the free version of Mailerlite because it included the automation whereas convertkit did not. It was the deciding factor for me

Response from MailerLite

Replied February 2021

Glad to hear you have the heart of a warrior and persevered Stephanie! We have also now introduced our MailerLite Academy for this purpose - https://academy.mailerlite.com/ We have one of our amazing colleague giving you a Masterclass on how to use MailerLite. - Lay

Gary from Gary McAvoy

Industry: Writing and Editing

Easy implementation and great support

Pros

How easy it is to work with, create intelligent automated workflows, and track analytics.

Cons

Deliverability rates could be improved, but that may be more an issue with email service providers.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Price, ease, and support reputation

Cost and support

Response from MailerLite

Replied April 2021

HI Gary, thank you for leaving us such a lovely review! If you have any more questions regarding our deliverability, then reach out to our support heroes and they might be able to help you understand it further. Glad to have you part of our communnitiy and enjoy your weekend! - Lay

Helena from Open Door Centre

Best newsletter software for small and midsize business

My overall experience is very positive, I keep using this software and have had no issues and had a great support all along.

Pros

I really enjoy this platform, I think is the best I have encountered I have tried constant contact and Mailchimp but Mailerlite is my favourite. It's easy to use, it is very inexpensive and gives you the most benefits for your price. I found the customer service very helpful when I ran into difficulties which really like I also enjoyed how simple is to use to design newsletter with this platform.

Cons

I think the thing I like the least about this software is the fact that it can be little bit difficult to set up, I don't like that it asks for verification of my website and asking me to up DNS codes in. I would appricaiet it to be more simple process I know with Mailchimp the set up was much easier

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Best price and quality for this type of software I needed

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

better price and quality for the service I need

Response from MailerLite

Replied October 2020

Hello Helena, Thank you very much for leaving your feedback and I am very happy to hear you are having a very good experience with MailerLite! The reason why we require the authorization of your domain is because it helps to improve deliverability. Thanks again!

Heidi from Heidi Vanlandingham, author

I love MailerLite!

So far, I love MailerLite, although I wish there was an additional price tier between 2,500-5,000 subscribers. It's a steep price jump.

Pros

The customer service is, by far, the best I have ever experienced. Definitely top-notch. I also love the many available customizations I can do. Mailerlite meets all the needs I have for my emails—even some I didn't know I needed.

Cons

Sometimes it's a bit difficult to figure things out since I'm just tech savvy enough to get myself into trouble.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Recommendations from other authors as well as the more simplistic platform for someone who likes simple.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

I did not like Mailchimp at all.

Response from MailerLite

Replied July 2021

We love you too, Heidi! You can also check out MailerLite Academy - you can go from "tech-savvy enough" to email marketing expert. Here's the link: https://academy.mailerlite.com/

Claudia from Claudia Romero Coaching

Mailerlite has most of the things I need in one place!

It has been great, it saves me a lot of time once you put things in place, would be great if also they offer membership sites so everything is in one place.

Pros

User friendly, most of the things I need for CRM in one place, forms, landing pages list building, pop ups and email automatization very easy to use.

Cons

could have better triggers for mail automatization...like if you like to send a sequence to a specific group. At the moment you can choose, "when someone join this group do the following...." or when someone complete a form, or when subscriber click a link...

price

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

I change from Mailchimp because it was more difficult to do segmentation or different groups, and it was charging more for having more than 3 lists! Also, I change from leadpages because now I can do the landing pages from mailerlite and they are super user friendly and can also change the background according to my branding style.

Keith from Fat Frog Media

The easiest to use and best value email marketing tool

Great. Easy to repeat the formatting of emails. Statistics are easy to see. Simple navigation.

Pros

I've been using MailerLite with several businesses for years. While some other email marketing tools come with more bells and whistles, most of us don't need that. We need reliability and functionality. MailerLite has that. And more.

Cons

Nothing really. Could be cheaper at higher price points. The email account checker could be free (and not a separate paid product)

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

I'm used to it. Better features for the price. Cheaper than ConvertKit by far.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

MailChimp's user experience is terrible. Expensive.

Response from MailerLite

Replied July 2021

Thank you, Keith!

Sarah from Sarah Clay Social

Easy to use yet full of functionality

For the amount of features and it's efficient functionality, Mailer Lite is by far the best email provider I have used. I'm not 'techy' at all and the way it works is intuitive and I can do most things! For more complicated tasks, the 'help' video tutorials are really clear but, above all, the live chat function is priceless! It's fast, the people are helpful and polite. I use it to build and monitor my email list and also to sign people up using their forms and it does all these things really well.

Pros

Easy to set up, the reporting is clear and easy to access. The live chat is fantastic and fast. Easy to edit and move things around when setting up email design and also after sending.

Cons

Adding a group to a timed automation seems clunky. Haven't tried it for that reason!

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Mailchimp doesn't make any sense! Found it really odd and not logical

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

I found Active Campaign difficult to use - very frustrating.

Emily from Emily Nols

Why I love Mailerlite

Having the possibility to create multiple automated workflows (while being on a free plan) has been a huge improvement, compared to my former ESP... The survey feature is also great, as it allows me to collect data on what type of content my (new) subscribers would like to receive in the newsletter...

Pros

I recently changed ESP and came to Mailerlite, and I am in love with it ! It's so easy to use, plus they allow us to create multiple automated email sequences, even on the free plan, which was a big thing for me... Also, the customer service and support is amazing ! Always quick to respond, very helpful and will do back-and-forth emails if necessary, until we understand the problem or find the solution we're looking for!

Cons

At the moment, Mailerlite doesn't allow to add attachements to our newsletter... Impossible to just add a PDF that people can download directly from the email. We have to use or website or external providers (like DropBox or Google Drive) to host the file and insert a link to it in the email. However, since this is a highly requested feature, Mailerlite might provide it in the future...

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

A few reasons, but the major one was the ability to create mutliple automated email sequences while being on a Mailerlite free plan...

Response from MailerLite

Replied June 2021

Definitely something we would look further into, Emily - thank you so much for the feedback.

Kunal Kumar from Influencers Club

Leading Marketing Automation Tool

Overall mailerlite is a software which i would like to use for a long time because of their user-friendly features and pricing. It is proved very helpful in converting cold emails in hot emails and create a landing pages in just few minutes. I will definitely recommend it to my friends and anyone who want to want a software in low price with lots of features.

Pros

Mailerlite is the best one from any other marketing automation tool in terms of price and features. It is easy to use, simple and user-friendly content editor and its features are just awesome. If you want Email marketing, to create beautiful landing pages and want to manage your subscribers at one place and also at low cost, then it is the best one. You can easily make landing page by drag and drop feature and use custom domain too. You can set a list of emails for your subscribers and change cold subscribers in hot subscribers without any hard work.

Cons

If you are a beginner and you don't have any prior experience in marketing then it is hard to get their approval and free trail. You have to purchase plans for using their awesome features.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

1. MailerLite user-friendly features and pricing 2. Easy to make landing pages 3. Good customer support

Response from MailerLite

Replied July 2021

Thank you for taking the time and letting us know your experience with us - these are all very kind words and very enjoyable to read.

Mirjam from The Dirty Denims

Industry: Music

Very easy to use and as a starter free

Pros

Easy to use, and I like the automations a lot, it's much more easy then Mailchimp and cheaper too. Very happy with how Mailerlite works.

Cons

Missing the feature that Mailerlite automatically fills in the 'location' of subscribers in a way that we can send emails to people within a certain radius around the city. We were using that in Mailchimp to inform our fans about gigs in their neigbourhood.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Because we are a band we need as little costs as possible and Mailerlite has a better free tier to start with. And of course when our fanbase grows we are willing to pay when we have more subscribers. AND now I like Mailerlite better because of it's ease of use, its much more easier then Mailchimp. I'm also a marketing coach for musicians and I recommend Mailerlite a lot to other musicians.

Response from MailerLite

Replied May 2021

I LOVE YOUR BAND NAME. When you guys become big and famous I am going to say I send you guys a reply to a review ;). Taking my five minutes of fame. I've made a note of the location feature - we truly appreciate any feedback given from our users. You can always mail us at feedback@mailerlite.com if anything else comes up.

Dimitar from Dkmitkoster

Great service for email marketing

I used to send emails with Mailchimp, but since Jan 2020 I completely transfer my email marketing to Mailerlite.

Pros

Mailerlite has a easy and user-friendly software, which is perfect solution for daily email marketing. I use and landing page builder.

Cons

In my opinion there is just one cons. If you use site /landing page builder there is no option to add custom block (for example with 4 or 5 columns). It could be very useful if I have an option to choose the size of new blocks.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

In my opinion Mailer Lite is the better solution comparing price and functionality.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

More functionality and better design.

Ryan from Handgun Hunter Supply

Industry: Sporting Goods

Mailerlite remains a perfect place for ALL users.

I run a business revolving around something that can sometimes be controversial, but still absolutely legal. Mailerlite has remained apolitical (a super-rare thing these days) and has never treated me with anything except respect and courtesy. I am a huge fan!

Pros

I love the ease of automations, and that they let you use automations in the free trial. When my subscriber list became large enough to warrant a paid membership to Mailerlite, I was HAPPY to pay.

Cons

If I could make one improvement, it would be to let the automations go beyond 50 steps. This would help in sending out a newletter or other periodical on a long term basis. Definitely a very minor issue to me.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Mailchimp did not offer the automations I wanted and also started to get political in their messaging.

Response from MailerLite

Replied August 2021

Hey Ryan, thank you for sharing your experience with us. And thank you for your feedback about automation, even if you feel it's a minor issue - we always love to hear what's on the mind of our users.

Lisa from Fiction Gateway

Excellent software

Pros

I really love software that is intuitive and lets me get the job done with little to no problems. MailerLite is that software for my email needs. Even when I couldn't find an exact way to handle something, Customer Support gave me two work arounds and were incredibly helpful!

Cons

It is slow to go from one page to the next. So when I click next, I have to wait.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

I found MailChimp to be more difficult to use and costing more time to figure things out then to just get it done.

Response from MailerLite

Replied June 2021

We love our support team - they're definitely the best. Thank you for a lovely review, Lisa.

Jayraj from The Guide

Chose it over Mailchimp and I couldn't be happier.

Amazing. I expect to keep using it and recommending the same to anyone who's starting off with email marketing and is cost-conscious.

Pros

It's user interface is highly interactive. Any amateur can learn how to design interactive email templates and landing pages, how to create/segment their lists and how to gather statistics. They keep doing seminars from time to time and their blog is really helpful to make sure you're following the best practices. MailerLite can handle all your functions smoothly and the best thing is - it'll charge you way lesser than any of the other software's out there (taking a dig at MailChimp particularly).

Cons

As I'm scaling up, I'm realizing that I have to use some external 3rd party software to handle advanced functions. If you wish to use email marketing primarily (and not as a support function), MailerLite's email testing platform is basic and while I bugged customer support constantly for answers on how to better authenticate my domain settings, I've been failing to get any productive response that can help me. I don't know whether any other software's gives a full suite of features but I'm sure that I would expect it from the one I'm using.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Cheaper. More design features. Simple user interface.

Tacho from TachevTacho

Mailer Lite for Landing pages

This is my second year using the software and I am fall in love with it. MailerLite is all in one tool - landind pages, web sites, and email marketing. All this on reasonable price.

Pros

I use Mailer Lite for creating landing pages. With these landing pages, I collect emails for my e-lessons for the diving courses. It is a great option because I had been set automation emails, Facebook pixel and the ROI of my ads is higher than 5.

Cons

The intregration with Stripe is great option, but I would like to have an option for PayPal integration also.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

More functionallity for better price.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Mailer lite is easyer for use and have more options corresponding to my business need. It is chieper than MailChimp