• Pros

• "I love that it is easy to use and is available in more languages, not just in English. "

• "I love that it's super affordable and easy to use to manage my subscribers. "

• "Very easy to use and extremely well priced. They are always improving the system and have recently added new integrations."

• Cons

• "Although the email blocks' options are plenty but could offer more options to play around with (especially with email formatting)."

• "There have been periodic issues with deliverability, but these are usually cleared up quickly."

• "The only con I have about the software would be that it doesn’t have a lot of landing page templates but overall it is a great software to use if you are on a budget. "

Browse MailerLite Reviews

Heather Jo from Permaculture Women's Guild

No ESP is perfect, but MailerLite comes the closest

Overall, (even when I was accidentally crashing my own automations and blaming it on the support staff!) they have been absolutely stellar. I have shopped around plenty, used several other services, and am, for sure, sticking with MailerLite for the long haul.

Pros

The interface is so easy and intuitive, and I always know how to do what I want to do in MailerLite. As a tech-challenged solopreneur and content creator, I want to spend as little time as possible on the learning curve, so I can focus on what my people want: the content. Custom branding is spot-on, and segmentation works perfectly.

Cons

Deliverability isn't what it could be, but we're ALL working on that one! And this is probably more the fault of user habits and annoying AI filters.

Pricing.

Response from MailerLite

Replied July 2020

Flores, thank you for the stellar review ;) We're enthusiastic and glad to hear that we're making easier the journey of our customers. I wish you all the best for your solopreneur adventure! Irene

Maggie from University of Montana

Easy to use Email Campaign Builder

MailerLite is easy to use and their team has been very responsive. For example. when we had to upgrade our license as we had hit our subscriber count, last minute, on a Friday, I was stressing! They got our license updated quickly so I could get my time sensitive email out on time.

Pros

This software was easy to implement and use! We have a period of high traffic where we have to reach out to multiple segments with customized information. MailerLite takes the stress out of it. It is easy to manage our subscriber list and I appreciate the intuitive advanced recipient settings that allow me to build in logic based on subscriber segments for sending email campaigns. The simple and easy to use stats let me see what is working. We compare this to a response/action in another system, as our emails are targeting groups with a call to action. I also like how easy it is to copy existing campaigns and easily modify them for different segments. I can build up all my campaigns and have them scheduled to help manage our 'traffic' in our office and systems. I also found that we can set up templates once we have customized the content to help maintain brand consistency, which saves us time and ensures the necessary details are included. I like that I can easily preview and test campaigns - mostly that I can view the desktop and mobile in the browser.

Cons

I've used other software that let us to custom html email design. The built in content builder can be a bit challenging if you really want to customize for a specific look. That being said, the content builder is made to let anyone easily and quickly create emails.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

MailerLite's free version restricted unique users, not the number of emails sent. We often need to email large segments on the same day. The free version made the most sense at the time. We continued with MailerLite because their licensing was affordable and we could pay monthly, and weren't committed to a year long contract.

August 2016

Amir

August 2016

My Horrifying experience with MailerLite

My experience with MailerLite. After weeks of research on the best and most economic way on how to send weekly emails to the subscribers of my small business , I choose MailerLite. What a mistake ! It turned out to be one of the most painful experiences as a small business owner. After weeks of research on the best and most economic way on how to send weekly emails to the subscribers of my small business , I choose MailerLite. What a mistake ! It turned out to be one of the most painful experiences as a small business owner. I give them credit, when it is due : Easy to navigate interface and professionally pre-made templates seemed a perfect match for my needs. As a small business owner, my first goal was to find a bulk email software that is easy to use and has a friendly and responsive customer service. For years, I used one of the major bulk email software providers, but they have become really expensive compared to what you get in return for these email campaigns. Finally, I made my decision and enrolled in one of MailerLite plans that seemed very attractive; at least on the paper! 15000 subscribers and unlimited monthly emails for $30!! WOAH !!! what a great bargain. Right? Not that fast ! They were very quick to charge my business card for the $30. I spent few hours to create a perfect email and uploaded my mailing list of 15000. and start creating the first campaign on MailerLite. This is where the nightmare started. When I wanted to send out the email, I received an email from their support team that I am not allowed to use more than 2000. ( i paid for 15000 subscribers with unlimited monthly emails) . I told them that I won't have it that way and they should cancel my account. They reached out to me and assured me that everything would be fine, hey approved me for 5000 and promised to increase my quote after the first few emails to prevent spams. Fair enough! After sending out the emails, they told me that I have breached their spam policy since the hard bounce of my emails were more than a certain number that they allow. I was not very happy with their decision but again, its their policy and I have to follow it. So I accepted their decision and didn't argue with them. But this the same email list that I have used with the other major email provider. I knew this is a small company with few resources and I have made a mistake. Obviously, I didn't want to pay for a service that I am not allowed to use. quite simple. So, I ask them to cancel my subscription and refund me the $30 that they have charged me !!! They kept me waiting for almost 4 days and then they told me that they have decided to keep my money ?!!!!!, and obviously they have access to all the 15000 subscribers on mailing list !! Customer service is the forefront of a business and I am really sorry to say that theirs is NON-EXISTING. Since the goal of this review was to save others some time and un-wanted headache, I have not mentioned any of the other competitors that make a much better option. Since then, I have signed up to another provider for only $5 extra and I could not be happier. I learned my lesson , cheaper choice is not always a better one. It is wiser to pay a bit more and go with a company with a better customer service and more resources. If even you think that you won't have the same issue that I had with them, still think of your need of customer service at some point. I hope this has helped you in your search. Good luck!

Pros

You would get a Cheap service

Cons

You would loose your money. They blame you for their failure to just charge your credit card for no service. Their system can't deliver and then they blame you. read other reviews all over web. Many people have complained about their delivery rate. You would loose your mailing list to them.

Debbie from PianoBuzz Studios

Industry: Performing Arts

All very good, once I got going

Overall, I like the company and the platform. It's not as slick as some of the others I've seen, but I believe it's a great value and gets the job done. I like that there are tutorials on just about everything, and customer support is very quick to respond when I have an issue.

Pros

It truly is a "drag and drop" landing page and website builder! I've worked with other website builders that make it so much more complicated than it needs to be. With MailerLite, I just literally drag a text box from the sidebar and plunk it down wherever I want to on my landing page. It's super easy to move sections up or down, too. It's not 100% customizable, and I've had to adjust my design plans a little here and there. But that's probably a good thing for me, who is easily overwhelmed when I have too many choices. I can spend hours and days on things that just don't matter in the long run if I'm given too many options. MailerLite allows me to customize just enough to make the finished product fit my brand without completely overwhelming me with too many options. Overall, once I figured things out, I found MailerLite to be very easy to use and at an excellent price point!

Cons

I wish there were more templates to choose from! Most everything can be tweaked and customized to fit my brand but I wish there was a template that was closer to what I was looking for from the get-go. I mentioned in the "pros" section that it's not 100% customizable, and found myself wishing here and there that I could just change this one little thing or move this/that over here/there. But like I said, being a bit more confined in the design options is probably a blessing for me and helped me get my landing pages, website and sales pages designed much quicker.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Price! MailerLite is the most generous with pricing and features than any other products I researched.

Traver from Precision Temperature

A great mailing software for business newsletters and automation

My overall experience has been pretty great. I have two mailing lists for two different business ventures. One with 700 people on my list, and one with 7,000. MailerLite works fantastic whether you're on the free or paid plan. The only difference is (for how I use it), you can't use automated sequences on the free plan. I have very few complaints about the software.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. It's a beautiful dashboard that's easily navigated. The WYSIWYG editor is super sleek. From adding new subscribers to setting up complex automations, it's all really simple.

Cons

Sometimes there's a hiccup in the system that causes text editing to mess up. What I mean is that I'll be typing and I'll get to where I am right now, and the cursor will reset to the beginning and start type there instead. If I refresh the page, the problem goes away.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Price, mostly. But now that I've been a MailerLite user since 2018, I don't see myself ever needing to change.

Response from MailerLite

Replied July 2020

Hey Trever, Thank you! I loved to read your review of MailerLite and yes, our web design is super sleek ;) Don't hesitate to contact us for anything you need - we are always there for you. Irene

Helena from Open Door Centre

Best newsletter software for small and midsize business

My overall experience is very positive, I keep using this software and have had no issues and had a great support all along.

Pros

I really enjoy this platform, I think is the best I have encountered I have tried constant contact and Mailchimp but Mailerlite is my favourite. It's easy to use, it is very inexpensive and gives you the most benefits for your price. I found the customer service very helpful when I ran into difficulties which really like I also enjoyed how simple is to use to design newsletter with this platform.

Cons

I think the thing I like the least about this software is the fact that it can be little bit difficult to set up, I don't like that it asks for verification of my website and asking me to up DNS codes in. I would appricaiet it to be more simple process I know with Mailchimp the set up was much easier

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Best price and quality for this type of software I needed

Response from MailerLite

Replied October 2020

Hello Helena, Thank you very much for leaving your feedback and I am very happy to hear you are having a very good experience with MailerLite! The reason why we require the authorization of your domain is because it helps to improve deliverability. Thanks again!

Claudia from Claudia Romero Coaching

Mailerlite has most of the things I need in one place!

It has been great, it saves me a lot of time once you put things in place, would be great if also they offer membership sites so everything is in one place.

Pros

User friendly, most of the things I need for CRM in one place, forms, landing pages list building, pop ups and email automatization very easy to use.

Cons

could have better triggers for mail automatization...like if you like to send a sequence to a specific group. At the moment you can choose, "when someone join this group do the following...." or when someone complete a form, or when subscriber click a link...

price

Lorna from Lorna Weston-Smyth Coaching and Training

Great MailChimp alternative

When MailChimp changed their business model, I needed to find something else that as easy to use but gave me the features I still needed

Pros

Very user friendly, drag and drop dashboard. Lots of templates that are easy to tailor to what you want.

Cons

Some of the blocks are a little restrictive and cannot be modified within those blocks. Would be great If the block themselves could be modified

Michelle from The Suitcase Studio

Industry: Photography

Does everything I need!

Pros

It's not just an email provider, it's an all-in-one suite! I love that I can set up landing pages and implement automated email sequences using the same system, all without spending a fortune to do so.

Cons

I ran into a few bugs a couple of years ago, but the team fixed things quickly and I haven't had issues since.

Peter from Lagos Navigstors

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Boat Club Emails - brilliant platform.

We have a mailing list of 250 members. Previously done manually. Total nightmare. Switched to Mailerlite. Simple to set up. Quick and easy to add subscribers Likewise campaigns. Loads of useful statistics if you are interested. Absolutely love it.

Pros

Ease of use. Functionality Kind pricing to small organisations

Cons

Pretty much nothing at all. It’s fabulous.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Liked the simplicity and you freely support small charitable clubs like us.

Sapph from Art of Emails

Easy-to-use affordable email marketing platform with all of the features most people need

Pros

MailerLite is one of the most affordable email marketing platforms right now with all of the features most people need like automations, a drag and drop builder and embedded signup forms. Their most useful feature is automations, which lets you send a sequence of emails to subscribers if they join a list, if one of their contact fields gets updated (example: if they go from being a free to a paid member), if they click on a link, etc. You can also create yes/no branches at different points in the automation to send different emails to subscribers after they meet or don't meet a certain criteria. They also have a decent free plan for those who are starting out or looking to test the platform. The free plan includes automations and most of their key features. I also use personally use their APIs to automatically add new members to specific automations - they are well documented and easy to follow.

Cons

1. Right now, you can only create yes or no branches in automations. So for example, let's say that you want subscribers who already downloaded a lead gen to not receive an email in the automation about it. The only way to do this right now is to create a yes/no branch. If yes, they'll receive the rest of the sequence in the yes branch *without* the specific email. If no, they'll receive the rest of the sequence in the no branch *with* specific email. But if you want subscribers in both branches to receive the rest of the other emails, you'd have to have duplicate emails in the yes and no branch. It gets time-consuming if you want to add more emails to the automation (you'd have to add them both to the yes and no branch) or if you need to update any of the existing emails (you'd have to update both in the yes and no branch). It would be easier if you can simply add specific criteria to each email in the automation. So for example, if the subscriber meets the criteria, they'll receive this email in the automation. If not, they skip that email but still receive the next ones (if they match the criteria). 2. They had deliverability issues in the past which they did work really hard to fix. However, based on my experiences and that of what others have reported, overall open rates (with an authenticated domain) tend to be somewhat lower than a few other top platforms.

Abigail from The Growth Metric

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great for creating email newsletters and shareable pdf brochures

Mailerlite is a Godsent, I think the export to PDF has a lot of potential. There are over 12 million WhatsApp users in Kenya, most of our clients and prospects, are more willing to connect us via WhatsApp than by email. The PDF brochures has become one of our biggest marketing assets as we can keep them updated about our projects in a more social way. The fact that the brochures are more shareable is a big bonus. However, It'll be good to be able to track clicks, which currently can't be done as it's stored as a draft in MailerLite. I know Mailerlite is an email marketing software but I'd love to be able to monitor the performance of newsletters turned into brochures the same way I can monitor sent campaigns. Even if it's something as simple as having a dashboard for draft campaigns and using Google Analytics to track clicks on it.

Pros

- I used Mailerlite to create email newsletters (Which any email marketing software can do) but most importantly I used Mialerlite to create sharable pdf brochures showcasing our past/current projects (My client was an Architecture company). These "brochures" are light size wise as the target platform was Whatsapp. The images are clickable linking to the projects on our websites, this way when sent to clients/potential clients on WhatsApp they can know more about us without having to go to our website. - Design Options: I've used MailChimp, Active Campaign, Moosend and pretty much any Email marketing software you can think off, but in terms of design flexibility and templates, Mailerlite has the best design options. My favorite is the "Featured Image" block - Great Customer Support: Mailerlite is meant for creating email newsletters and not pdf brochures so it was a bit tricky working around that especially since the share to social media button wouldn't work since the newsletter I converted into a brochure wasn't technically an email campaign (I.e it wasn't sent to anyone/mailing list) but remained in my dashboard as a draft. I had a chat with them on how to arrange the elements so my brochure was 3 pages max, and how to reduce the size.

Cons

- My emails kept going to the spam folder which was very bothersome, so I contacted support and I was told I'm not the only one having the same problem and that it's an issue they're working on as they were blacklisted (Or something like that) -As much as I love the featured image element, it renders differently on Outlook desktop app. Instead of appearing as one large image, the images appeared as a grid, with nine images of the same image taking the space instead of one large image. It was a bit disconcerting and there was no way around it.

Shayne from SellerPrime

Every Start-Up's Sidekick!

I am a Marketing Specialist by profession and software/tools like this make my job so much easier, for which I am very grateful! I recently stumbled upon MailerLite when I was building my E-Commerce website. Previously, I used to use MailChimp (Also a great tool and I currently use it only at work). Mailerlite seamlessly integrated with my Shopify Store and gave me so much power over my marketing strategies. In my opinion, it's the best E-mail Automation tool out there, with much more options and customizations that can help you craft powerful newsletters, landing pages, etc.

Pros

1) Highly Optimized And Responsive: MailerLite helps me to design and create newsletters that look amazing on desktops, tablets, and mobiles. 2) Design Capabilities: It's safe to say that the design capabilities that MailerLite gives you are far better than any other similar product in its segment. What I mean to say is, the "little things" that MailerLite allows you to do can add significant value to the way you market! For example, there are a number of templates that can enable you to have "buttons" attached to an image (Perfect CTA's by the way). Also, there are several heading options for my newsletters where I can have my company name and logo or either one at the beginning of them. These, of course, are just a few examples I could think of straight off the bat. 3) Easy Integration: Connection my domain with MailerLite was a lot easier than I expected - with a swift and seamless integration process. 4) No Learning Curve Required: MailerLite is incredibly simple to use and it won't take you long to get the hang of it. 5) Affordability: The title of my review says it all! MailerLite is a blessing for startups on a budget who don't have money to throw around. There are 5 different pricing models that include one "freemium" version as well. However, if you are using it for business purposes, I suggest you use their starter plan that will unlock all features and allow you to send unlimited emails. Remember, looking professional is key!

Cons

1) Slightly Laggy: MailerLite can occasionally become laggy and starts freezing when you import a lot of contacts. Now, I don't really know if this is due to my hardware set up (which is quite recent), but I've asked around and I've gotten mixed opinions about this. 2) Customization Options: It would be really great if MailerLite introduces some more Landing Page customization options in the near future. Whatever be the case, it's still the best E-mail Automation software, in my opinion.

Austin from The Hidden Dominion

Great Mailing System - Highly Recommend

Mailerlite was my first choice originally because they have a free limit. Most other services require monthly payments right from the start, so my expectations were low. However, I've been using them for my website and I have nothing to say BUT AWESOME! There interface is clean. The ability to integrate the different services directly into the website (popups, pop unders, direct mailing software) is simply the best. I've used a few different ones prior to mailerlite (just the trials), and all of them were more complicated. Only one negative: If you're a time-sensitive person, the website can be slow. You have to go through a bunch of buttons to change the format of all of your popups and such. However, it gives you amazing control over everything so the wait is well worth it in my opinion. As for the mailing lists, they are super simple to use and keep track of. It's easy to design each mail to your specification, and even select time-sensitive ones (one email a week after they sign up originally, for example). So it makes it easy to just setup one-time and not really worry about it except for your own personal emails you send sporadically for the mailing list. For example, I have mine setup to send an intro email, followup email the next day, then a list of best articles one week after initial signup. It does all this automatically so I don't have too. And i've tested it - it works great. It also looks fantastic when you put the work in. You can view my popup and my sidebar mailing opt-in form here: www.hiddendominion.com/ As you can/could see - it's super sleek and can be negotiated to match anything to your design. In short, highly recommend. If you're looking for a place to start - don't even think about other options. Stick with mailerlite. You won't regret it!

Pros

Easy to use Great customer support Tons of options Easy to manage mailing list Ability to setup intermittent emails

Cons

Slow to load the designing tables

Response from MailerLite

Replied April 2017

Austin, thank for the review and the comment about the pop-ups. We will certainly make them more visible.

Britt from Malka

Industry: Writing and Editing

MailerLite could be good, but....

I use MailerLite for an author pen name. That pen name writes clean and wholesome romance, and my list consists of 46 people who opted in to get a free short story. Once a week I send an email to my list to tell them about my books. I noticed that instead of going out to 46, my emails only went out to 32. I checked, and there were no bounces. So I contacted support to ask about this gap. After a week or so, I was asked to make a video of it (even though it should be visible from their end), which I did. A week or so later again, they came back and told me that I had spam traps on my list, that my bounces were too high and I should check their spam policies, and that I was at a risk of having my account suspended. That in spite of their own system saying that I had no bounces and that I definitely not are sending out spam. I lost all trust in the service after this email, and I won't continue using them in the future. Neither will I continue to recommend others that they use them.

Pros

You can't beat free if the product is good, and for that price MailerLite is perfect for small list owners. You can have up to 500 free subscribers, and after that, the price is reasonable. MailerLite has a reputation for good deliverability. Even the free version offers segmenting and other advanced stuff.

Cons

The user interface isn't very intuitive, and things like finding the field to add a name seems clumsy to me. I have a friend who's blind, and he's struggling with the software. I've often had to log into his account to help him with tasks, because the product isn't optimized for visual impaired users. Support is slow to answer questions. And at least at one point straight out threatening. I'll get back to that in the description below.

Response from MailerLite

Replied July 2020

Hi Britt, Thank you for your review. I've been investigating your case and on our system, last time you had a chat with our Customer Support dates back to 2 years ago. Could you please send the screenshots of the conversation you described to feedback@mailerlite.com? I'd like to investigate more and help you as much as I can. All the best, Irene

Mailchimp as it should be

I use it for all my small and medium sized clients and i feel comfortable in saying that the free plan can cover almost any need they have.

Pros

Mailerlite is my software of choice if you plan to step in the newsletter marketing arena. It has all the features you need (and some top-class feature) to get you up and running quickly with an easy learning curve. The Survey and Quizzes function is my favorite one, alongside it's simple automation workflow engine.

Cons

Mailerlite it's a pleasure to use, but it's not (yet?) capable as more structured tools like Active Campaign or Sendinblue as far as segmenting and tracking user for marketing purposes. If you need more "power" under the hood you'll have to switch. But you'll miss the ease of use and the marvelous template builder this tool has!

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Its free plan is fantastic! You can really put it to the test before you have to invest in it.

Elizabeth from Mindshare

Excellent email marketing platform, easy to use

MailerLite allows me to send a sequence of emails to customers that I add to a list, it improves the workflow since all employees can be kept informed about company events. Taking advantage of customer data and much more. The connection to MailerLite was much easier than I expected, with a fast integration process and without interruptions. As for the mailing lists, they are super simple to use and track. It is easy to design each email according to your specifications, users can create and send newsletters, manage subscribers and track positive results. It's easy to create newsletters that look good on both desktop computers, tablets and mobile devices. The email analysis is fantastic because it helps to know who in the company is reading our emails and who we need to add or contact so they can communicate. The customer service is quite good.

Pros

MailerLite has a simplicity approach, excellent customer service and beautiful email designs that allow you to create beautiful campaigns, track your results and design custom pop-ups, has many useful functions and integrations that are simple and easy to use, with a process of Quick and smooth integration. A learning curve is not required. MailerLite is incredibly easy to use and it won't take long to get used to it. Its software is incredibly progressive and works perfectly on all devices, it is highly optimized and responsive.

Cons

I don't have any suggestions or complaints, it works correctly, I don't have anything to dislike me.

Dimitar from Dkmitkoster

Great service for email marketing

I used to send emails with Mailchimp, but since Jan 2020 I completely transfer my email marketing to Mailerlite.

Pros

Mailerlite has a easy and user-friendly software, which is perfect solution for daily email marketing. I use and landing page builder.

Cons

In my opinion there is just one cons. If you use site /landing page builder there is no option to add custom block (for example with 4 or 5 columns). It could be very useful if I have an option to choose the size of new blocks.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

In my opinion Mailer Lite is the better solution comparing price and functionality.

Jayraj from The Guide

Chose it over Mailchimp and I couldn't be happier.

Amazing. I expect to keep using it and recommending the same to anyone who's starting off with email marketing and is cost-conscious.

Pros

It's user interface is highly interactive. Any amateur can learn how to design interactive email templates and landing pages, how to create/segment their lists and how to gather statistics. They keep doing seminars from time to time and their blog is really helpful to make sure you're following the best practices. MailerLite can handle all your functions smoothly and the best thing is - it'll charge you way lesser than any of the other software's out there (taking a dig at MailChimp particularly).

Cons

As I'm scaling up, I'm realizing that I have to use some external 3rd party software to handle advanced functions. If you wish to use email marketing primarily (and not as a support function), MailerLite's email testing platform is basic and while I bugged customer support constantly for answers on how to better authenticate my domain settings, I've been failing to get any productive response that can help me. I don't know whether any other software's gives a full suite of features but I'm sure that I would expect it from the one I'm using.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Cheaper. More design features. Simple user interface.

Tacho from TachevTacho

Mailer Lite for Landing pages

This is my second year using the software and I am fall in love with it. MailerLite is all in one tool - landind pages, web sites, and email marketing. All this on reasonable price.

Pros

I use Mailer Lite for creating landing pages. With these landing pages, I collect emails for my e-lessons for the diving courses. It is a great option because I had been set automation emails, Facebook pixel and the ROI of my ads is higher than 5.

Cons

The intregration with Stripe is great option, but I would like to have an option for PayPal integration also.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

More functionallity for better price.

Natasha from Date Gifting, LLC

I enjoy Mailerlite!

Mailerlite is a great start to understanding email marketing and automation. It has helped me to connect with my subscribers more frequently while also setting up auto RSS feed for any blog posts that I create. I've been using it for a few years, and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Pros

The first 1000 email subscribers are FREE! Mailerlite makes it easy to send email campaigns and schedule email campaigns. It also makes it easy to set up sequences if I am doing an e-challenge via email. I enjoy being able to reuse templates or view prior recent emails, so that I am able to change the content but still streamline the design. The software also ensures that duplicate email subscribers are not saved in the system, and with the touch of a button, you can add a single subscriber, upload a txt with list of subscribers, or put them in groups. Pop-ups, buttons, and landing pages are all easy to create and customize. Lastly, Mailerlite allows partnerships with other software companies for easy sync and connection, which is a HUGE plus to saving time and money.

Cons

Over the years, Mailerlite has improved on its products and services. My only two cons are sporadically the auto RSS feed will send old blog posts from prior years, and also when I opened a mailerlite account for another business, it shortened my available number of email subscribers. However, those are minute issues.

Keleigh from Anchor Design Co.

The best solution for someone on a budget

Pros

This was my best first email software and it served me extremely well. The price is out of this world cheap, while the features are actually pretty good considering. It doesn’t have a a huge range of functionality for analytics and reporting but for this price point it’s a great tool.

Cons

It was missing a lot of analytics and reporting. This didn’t matter... until it really did.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Mail chimp didn’t have great reviews.

Response from MailerLite

Replied September 2020

Hello Keleigh, Thank you for your review! All of the new features or existing feature updates come from the feedback we receive from our clients. We take it very seriously and it helps us to improve MailerLite. We do plan to improve our reporting functionality in the future. Thank you!

Anastasiya Ad Sach from Freelancer

Perfect launchpad for email marketing

I recommend it to every single business owner I work with who doesn't need complex automations and integrations - however Mailerlite is fully capable of handling a complete funnel with many automations and branches, from opt-in and landing page to ending sequences, adding them to other, delays, and much more. They just updated their landing page builder which has been a huge step up and I'll continue to recommend this to all of my clients, who haven't had a single complaint yet!

Pros

MailerLite has been the underdog and they're really listening to customer needs and developing things that people want and need without going overboard. The interface is clean and simple, landing pages, opt-ins, and automations do the job. The commerce connection has been flawless with Wordpress. What I really like about MailerLite is their deliverability rate and vetting process. They really do check accounts being signed up, which keeps their rates high and avoiding the promotion tab.

Cons

It's not popular among automation connections - I have to go through Zapier, and also there's no real tagging. But that's also why I like it - it's simple and straightforward, no fluff no fuss, no excuses to not get the job done.

Daniel from Northwild Lit

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great Email Marketing Software for a Competitive Price!

Overall experience with MailerLite has been positive with only minor hiccups over the past few years I've been a user. A year or so ago they had an issue with one of their servers causing spam traps to be tripped on major email providers, but they resolved the issue relatively quickly.

Pros

Mailerlite has helped me to build an email list with a bevy of features like autoresponders, pop-up forms, and trigger actions all for a monthly fee of $10! The MailerLite team is constantly adding new features and updates to help their users attain new subscribers. They are friendly and responsive whenever you have a problem or request a feature.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any complaints about MailerLite. They suit my email marketing needs perfectly!

Jack from Taaluma Totes

Great alternative to Mailchimp

Pros

Mailerlite provides all the functionality we need for a fraction of the price of Mailchimp. Their customer support is better too.

Cons

We hit a few road blocks setting up our account, but their customer support helped us through it.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Mailerlite offered the features we needed at a price we were happy with

Kenda from How to Detox Your Life

Great ESP!

Easy to use, all the features I need.

Pros

Seems to have all the functionality of other popular email service providers.

Cons

I'm unsure my emails are going to people's inboxes.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Because Convertkit doesn't offer automations in the free version.

Stephen from Ezylens Limited

Industry: Medical Devices

I am constantly amazed how awesome Mailerlite is

Pros

Mailerlite does EVERYTHING amazingly well! Just when you think you're happy enough with how it works, you find out they have incredible customer service - so much so that it actually makes your day to interact with them. It is the most cost effective email software I found with extensive research and it works perfectly. Whatever you think you want it to do, it already does! We integrate it with Shopify and it works perfectly - just like every other aspect of it. Mailerlite has been the dominant reason why we have managed to successfully grow our sales by over 80% - during Covid!

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about it.

Karen from K.E. O'Connor Books

Industry: Publishing

An excellent, affordable email service

Amazing! I love Mailerlite. They are user friendly, affordable, and smash many of their competitors out of the water. They are also innovating and adding new things all the time.

Pros

Mailerlite has been great at setting up automation systems to send out emails to new customers. There are handy drag and drop features and a ton of free online tutorials to guide you through different uses of Mailerlite. The customer support is great. They are prompt to answer queries through their online chat.

Cons

It takes time to get used to the email template creation features. But it's a small complaint and more about the user wanting to know it all now!

Response from MailerLite

Replied June 2020

Hi Karen, Your review made my day! Thank you from all the MailerLite Team. Stay tuned for the next innovations we have in mind ;)

Unique from Naturally Devine Wellness

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Best Option for Small businesses

My overall experience has been great with Mailerlite

Pros

It's easy to use and create my newsletters. You can also embed landing pages and sign up forms on your website.

Cons

I do wish that the free plan offered more features and a higher subscriber rate. I understand that I'll have to upgrade soon.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

More affordable and better features

Teya from National Academy of Art Sofia

A Mailing Service that makes their competitors look dated

I will continue using MailerLite. They leave competitors like ChailChimp in the past.

Pros

I love MailerLite and I use it for years for my company's newsletters. They are easy to use and offer any feature that you might need at far better price than their competitors. The pricing of MailerLite is probably the best in the field. It allows you to send unlimited emails to your list. You pay per subscriber, not per email, which is quite convinient for companies with 5000+ subscribers. Another thing that I like is their current design layout, dozens of premade templates for the holidays and how easy it is to setup everything by yourself without having to read complex guides.

Cons

I really feel that their support can and SHOULD be improved. In their live chat often times I feel like I am speaking to the little sister of the support guy. They need like 20 minutes to even understand my question. When they finally get it, they inform me that smeone with the required qualification will email me in a few days with a solution to my problem. This has happened several times already and such a great product deserved better support squad.

User-friendly, surprisingly affordable, and powerful autoresponder

Free up to 1000 subscribers. You don't have to pay them anything if you are just beginning to build your list.

Pros

MailerLite is one of the best and easy-to-use email autoresponder out there. What I like most about MailerLite is its novice-friendly features and easy-to-use interface. It allows even new users like me who don't have the required technical skills to send beautiful and elegant emails to my subscribers. But for me, the best feature of MailerLite is it's totally free for the first 1,000 subscribers. So if you have a pretty small subscriber list, then you don't have to pay anything but still, you can use all the necessary functionalities. The Customer Service is also helpful and responsive with their 'Chat Features'

Cons

Perhaps, one of the biggest disadvantages of MailerLite is that they do not allow Affiliate Links. This is crucial especially for users who are relying on other people's list when selling their products.

George from All Homes - Leaflet Distribution

Great and Simple Email marketing platform with all the features you'll ever need

Increased my list count and user subscription properly segmented users and increased customer response with easy to use email designer.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the user dashboard and the practicality of its flow. The reporting is awesome the A/B split testing is thorough and simple to include in any campaign and covering the subject line, email content, etc... Automation and workflow features, although very advanced are practical and powerful. The forms contain all you need, from pop-up forms, landing page forms, etc..all with settings that go from click to pop-up, exit intent, time-on-site, and many other event triggers.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about MailerLite, if anything I would like to see full-featured landing page builder being added and remarketing/retargeting capability to the lists on the account, but that would probably mean a different use of the platform. MailerLite is great as is.

Jessica from Jessica Jan

Industry: Music

Grateful For Affordable And Scaleable Software!

Overall if you're looking for a free way to start building an email list, MailerLite has you covered and then some. I'm very happy with all the features they offer with a free plan!

Pros

I love that MailerLite lets you get started for free! This has given me the time I need to work out the kinks of my landing pages and forms. It's fully loaded with easily customizable forms, landing pages and emails. I love how easy building email sequences has been as I've never done it before!

Cons

There aren't many things I can complain about as a free user. When I'm seeing an ROI with my business I'll definitely go to the paid version so you don't have any ML branding, but it doesn't bother me at all.

Response from MailerLite

Replied June 2020

Hey Jessica, I'm so glad that your likelihood to recommend MailerLite rate is 10/10. It's awesome! Thank you for having spent time in writing a review, we appreciate it and contact us whenever you need.

Shayne from ReckGear

Great value for for a great product, and highly backed by support

It has been really smooth and has been working great. Rather you are small or large, the scaleability is great and it provides great analytics to get the most out of your emails.

Pros

It has been pretty smooth, using blocks to build a newsletter is great and they offer many options to make it look great and it's highly flexible. Its connection with Woocommerce is also a great touch being able to bring in the content of an order and use a subscriber's shopping history to build emails is great to have.

Cons

Only thing may be to have more connection with Woocommerce, right now my issue is that getting emails from the cart page has to go through the Woocommerce webhook. I use cartflows which is an extra layer of steps to have to figure out to get to still work

Danielle from Danielle Guerin

The best autoresponder out there

I love Mailerlite and recommend it to my clients.

Pros

Cons

Would be nice if the knowledge base and support was also available in French.

Meghan from Tiger's Eye Marketing

My favorite email solution

I've tried a lot of email marketing services and this is by far my favorite. Their team is open to suggestions and it's not uncommon to ask for a feature and see it implemented a few months later. They also have regular webinars that teach you not only hot to better use their product but also how to improve your email marketing overall.

Pros

The value for the money and the fact that the team keeps improving the product and has been loyal to their early adopters by grandfathering in their pricing. Their support is amazing.

Cons

There have been a few glitches over the years, but they always take responsibility and make it right. There have been deliverability problems in the past, but they've improved and are now one of the top companies for deliverability.

Positive!

This product is well designed with all the features I need to support my team across the globe.

Pros

Our team recently switched to MailerLite and have had a great experience thus far. It's easy to drag and drop clean designs into newsletters which surprisingly makes email-designing fun! The pre-made templates are also really great, wish they had more!

Cons

Pre-made templates are limited. Some of the drag and drop features are also limited. I hope they continue to create more updates for drag and drop content and pre-designed features more frequently.

Response from MailerLite

Replied March 2020

Hello, Thanks a lot for the feedback! We are super happy to hear that you are having a great experience with MailerLite! If you have any specific suggestions about how we could improve our features (drag & drop editor), you can always reach out to us at support@mailerlite.com We take our client feedback very seriously and all the updates we make to improve our application are based on the feedback we receive. Thanks again!

Solid GDPR-Compliant Mail-Software

Pros

I like most that you can track all the user information super simple (signup confirmation, which emails they received etc). So when you get a request of a newsletter subscriber you can just send him this document they offer.

Cons

Sometimes the support during rush hours is not the fastest.

Kal from Zealous Social

MailChimp Replacement

We recommend this program to all our clients and we use it internally ourselves.

Pros

This email program is excellent. They verify you have a valid domain prior to authorizing your account to keep Spam accounts out. It is very easy to use and they provide a lot of features even on their free plan. You can build landing pages, websites, popups and complete email automations.

Cons

Needs more advanced form creation options.

Karen from The May Creative

One of my top recommended email providers

Overall, my experience with Mailerlite has been good. I like the variety of features they have from popups to landing pages, etc. They seem to be a pretty good team that thinks about new releases before dropping every new feature which is good.

Pros

Mailerlite was one of the first newsletter programs I used after considering another super popular platform. I wasn't ready for heavy integrations as I was still growing my list. So it was perfect for me to get started with, since then I have been a continued user. There have also been some updates they have made to the software since I first started using it years ago and I think they are great. I can't wait for more amazing updates.

Cons

With the new updates sometimes the servers are slower so you have to be a bit patient. I wish there was more ability to customize forms and newsletter content with custom fonts etc. If there are I haven't figured that part out quite yet. Also, I would love to see better ways to segment or tag subscribers.

Kim from Gripping Tales

Industry: Writing and Editing

Not the biggest fan. Deliverability failure

Pros

Great templates. Fantastic way to disperse information. Reaches a large number of subscribers in one click.

Cons

Several deliverability issues in the past, including the past year 2020. Every time there's a deliverability issue and I can't get my product to my customers, I lose money. I've tried mailerlite a few different times through the years, and prefer one it's major competitors.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

I left MailerLite and returned to MailChimp. After the most recent spam deliverability issue, I won't be returning.

Response from MailerLite

Replied October 2020

Hello Kim, I am sorry you had to leave MailerLite but thank you for giving us a few chances and writing this review! If you ever decide to come back, please let our customer support know about any issues you are experiencing regarding deliverability, the team will be more than happy to help you out. Deliverability depends on multiple different factors and it should be reviewed on case by case basis.

Angelica from Netmundo

The next best thing

I switched from Mailchimp due to its price and found a very good substitute. The staff is completely friendly and will help you with anything. They are adding a lot of features every month and it's really worth it.

Pros

This is the best experience with a email marketing tool I've ever had. It's friendly, has all the basic features you need and then some really new interesting ones. The price is fair and support is just a click away in the chat box.

Cons

It's lacking some segmentation options and some auto-responder triggers, but with some work, it's possible to create a workaround. They have increased their prices recently for new users.

Adeleke from DSP Tech Solutions

Advanced Email Marketing Simplified

Overall: As a digital marketing agency. It is easy to integrate MailerLite account with my WordPress Websites by using the available WordPress plugin. Sales automations is made easy without any technical experience required. The Ease-Of-Use of MailerLite has increased my email list and also guarantees successful delivery of email campaigns to the intended recipients.

Pros

Mailerlite provides a complete email marketing solution. What makes it unique from others is its EASE OF USE. The intuitive and user-friendly interface makes it easy to design beautiful and highly converting landing pages and pop-up forms. Their dashboard makes it easy to manage subscribers. The price is flexible and affordable relatively compared to the value gotten from the service.

Cons

As simple and easy Mailerlite is, the least thing I liked about Mailerlite is the fact that I find it difficult to get new accounts approved even though all requirements are met verifying with a custom email account. And the support team doesn't have any tangible reason to backup their claims. As this is the main problem I've been facing because I'd love to integrate Mailerlite on my clients' website.

Suzanne from Sukhram Enterprises

Industry: Veterinary

Great features, terrible support

Overall, the experience has been good because the authors already have an account set up, and we have never had to contact support. My experience with their lack of support has left a bad taste in my mouth, however.

Pros

Mailerlite has lot of great features that you can use in your emails - polls, up/down arrows for rating things, and an easy, intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn and use. I use it for the authors I work with, and it does what it says on the tin and more.

Cons

I tried setting up an account for myself, because I liked how user-friendly it was. I received an email saying basically they were refusing to allow me to set up an account, and suggested that I could appeal. I sent numerous emails, which to this day (probably at least three months as at the end of November) no one has ever replied. I have looked inside my spam, my inbox, and there has been no reply. Their contact form did not yield any better results.

Response from MailerLite

Replied December 2019

Hello Suzanne, I am really sorry that you've experienced difficulties when trying to set up your account. If you would like me to look into this, could you send an email to support@mailerlite.com and request that the ticket is assigned to Paul. Thank you!

Great product with an even better customer support team

Pros

The emailing capabilities are great, everything just works. The team keeps adding improvements and new features to the product (in the time we've been using MailerLite, they added automation, improved segmentation, lots of new integrations and so on). The product is in active development which is great. Whenever something went wrong, customer support has managed so solve it quickly. Overall, MailerLite is great value for money and I'd recommend it for small-to-middle sized marketers.

Cons

It's not ideal for an e-commerce business. Also, as your mailing list grows, some of the segmentation features become a bit limited (but then again, we're using MailerLite in online retail so these drawbacks are mostly related to that).

Michelle from Guide2Free

Industry: Online Media

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Affordable, easy to use, added value with landing pages/popups

Pros

I have used MANY services and Mailerlite is hands down the best. That is the truth and I am in no way incentivized for this review. It is affordable, especially when your list gets pretty large. It is easy to use and you can create exactly the email you want very quickly. They let you customize your opt in/opt out pages and it's easy to do. Another super cool feature is they let you make pop ups/ embedded forms, and even landing pages! That is stuff others don't offer or even charge more for.

Cons

I really do not have any complaints. There are a couple times I thought of going to a self hosted mailing list, but mailerlite is so perfect for me I don't want to leave.

Jovanhanna from Positive Forward Movement, LLC

The best email platform and it has landing pages!

Pros

Super easy to use from the start. There is zero coding needed to create landing pages and beautiful email newsletters. Their free account offers automation and many of the same advantages as the paid accounts. Mailerlite is constantly improving and adding new features. Ive been using them for about 3 years now and absolutely love it and recommend it to anyone looking for an email solution.

Cons

Its not able to integrate with other plugins that are specific to the theme I use on my website. There are workarounds, but it would be nice if I could have that functionality.

Proficient emailer!

It was a breeze to use this app to send out emails.

Pros

The easy of use. Campaign creation is effortless, simple. The interface is friendly, and the options to create emails are plentiful. For me, training the team members on how to use this was very straightforward. It offers almost all the features you require, automation, AB testing, scheduling, creating landing pages, database manipulation, etc, analytics linking.,

Angélica

Best thing since MailChimp

Pros

They have a really nice price and features. Every month they roll out a new feature that puts them closer to the big player, aka mailchimp. They keep improving and launching new feature and the price has been the same since forever. Completely honest and amazing support. They cut my email marketing cost in half and kept most of the important features I was looking for.

Cons

I would like to see more payment options (paypal) and more personalization tools. Also, every upgrade requires an approval from the support team and it can take time.

Alina from Eyes on Books

Industry: Publishing

My favorite email marketing service

I've switched to MailerLite in 2017 for all of my author platform related newsletter lists and campaigns. It made sense price wise, as it offered a lot of value for money. it also didn't count people subscribed to multiple newsletter more than once, which I thought was a refreshing twist on the service I was using primarily at the time. Since then, I've been growing and expanding my email marketing and everything seemed super easy. I can customize everything, from welcome pages and emails to automation sequences and sign up forms. Implementing all of the GDPR new requirements was also pretty easy and in that case, it helped a lot to work with a company that was also in the EU. I am more than happy with MailerLite and it set up high expectations from other such providers.

Pros

I love MailerLite's ease of use, fast support, and variety of features and integrations.

Cons

The only con I can think of after much deliberation is the fact that sometimes outgoing campaigns are in a queue and there's not way to tell how long it will take to have them sent out.