• icon"The templates are beautiful, easy to edit and setup and publish on website. Exit intent works fabulously well on desktop and mobile."
  • icon"I've had this setup on my online store for about 2 years now. I find people are usually pretty inclined to submitting their email anywhere if it means getting a discount coupon."
  • icon"It's really too bad that I can't give the a higher rating as I'd love to. I really like the app and the customer service and easy integration."
  • icon"The integration with my ESP has been dodgy a couple times, but that could be on the other end, not Privy's."
  • icon"You have to deduplicate your lists MANUALLY. The worst part is that they have known about this issue for months and have still not fixed it."
  • icon"The website can be difficult to navigate sometimes when trying to find settings to customize my pop-up with."

All Privy Reviews

Danielle

We use privy to collect email addresses online.

Pros

I like the integration with Shopify and MailChimp. This makes address collection pretty easy. There is more functionality that we haven't utilized.

Cons

I had a bad experience recently when I tried to find out the URL that my sign-ups were coming from.

Response from Privy

Hey Danielle - thanks for the review! I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience you had trying to find out what URLs your signups were coming from. I'll shoot you a separate email to help you with that. Josh from Privy

Replied April 2018

Varun

Industry: Performing Arts

Beautiful popups that comes with a price tag

It was a pleasant experience till they removed certain features from our existing plan and placed them in the higher plan. Also, their pricing and plans change too often which is a bit worrisome and uncomfortable.

Pros

The templates are beautiful, easy to edit and setup and publish on website. Exit intent works fabulously well on desktop and mobile. Only a few providers have this feature available.

Cons

It's far more expensive as compared to other providers, offering the same set of features in a higher plan which makes it pricey and unaffordable once you attain a certain level of scale in terms of visitors and page views.

Reasons for choosing Privy

Affordability, beautiful templates, plethora of features, its reviews and ratings on various platforms.

Reasons for switching to Privy

More features, better pricing, great product and exceptional customer support.

Greg

BEWARE: MAJOR DE-DUPLICATION BUG

They seem like good people but their functionality is not ready for prime time and they have been sitting on this major bug for MONTHS and not telling their customers.

Pros

It's really too bad that I can't give the a higher rating as I'd love to. I really like the app and the customer service and easy integration. BUT...they have one giant Achilles Heel.

Cons

Their system allows for the same email address with different title cases to create duplicate records (e.g., person@email.com and Person@Email.com will create SEPARATE contacts) so you end up sending multiples to people all the time. You have to deduplicate your lists MANUALLY! The worst part is that they have known about this issue for months and have still not fixed it. De-duplication is the most fundamental feature of any email marketing program...it's staggering to me that they have let this go on for so long with no fix and have not even communicated the issue to their customers. Ask them about it before you sign up! Even better...test it an you'll see it happen.

Reasons for switching to Privy

They no longer natively integrated with Shopify.

Azeem

May 2022

Great Digital Customer Experience Enhancer!

Overall experience with Privy has been phenomenal, in fact, we continue to use it for Shopify stores due to it's deep and seamless integration allowing for relevant targeting.

Pros

The best part about Privy is that it allows you to tap into high intent customers over multiple touch-points through a single platform and app. Something underrated about Privy is their learning repository which is amazing. Lastly, it's super easy to use. We used it on Shopify it was an absolute breeze.

Cons

While customer support was largely decent, we did have a couple of instances where there was a huge scope for improvement. Secondly, setting up emails with images can, at times, become cumbersome.

Reasons for choosing Privy

Trusted the reviews on Shopify to take the final decision. Due to the largely favourable reviews, we took the decision.

Helped Our Company Immensely

It’s been great. They advertise list growth, and that’s what they do. Our list has grown tremendously since choosing Privy!

Pros

We use Privy for the pop up form that feeds to a list of contacts in Mailchimp. My favorite thing about Privy? It works. We have made so much money from the pop up coupon!

Cons

As your company grows, so does your bill. They bill on page views, which is fine. They’ve gotta make money somewhere.

Reasons for switching to Privy

Mailchimp removed their app from Shopify so we needed a new alternative.

Response from Privy

Thanks for the review and love seeing your success!

Replied November 2019

Channel

Really Easy to use

Overall it's great and it's really helped me to grow my email lists

Pros

It's one of the easier email marketing tools to use and it has some of the best functionality

Cons

I do wish they had more options for creating upsell emails

Reasons for choosing Privy

Privy had more functionality than mailchimp and privy was compatible with shopify

Privy is easier to use

Response from Privy

Thanks for the review and for being a customer!

Replied October 2019

Mattie

May 2022

Awesome Software

Overall, great experience.

Pros

Implemented Privy on a BigCommerce store and have been super happy with it. It's ease of use is incredible, and allows anyone to create effective popups to capture emails, and easily integrates with even competing software such as MailChimp.

Cons

The price, but it's not bad for what you get.

Reasons for choosing Privy

Ease of install and use.

Can't say enough about this company and its CEO. The tool is awesome, powerful and simple to use.

Pros

I love that the popups are so fully customizable. I didn't get that with Hellobar and alternatives. I love that the company is transparent. I've seen the CEO on chat so many times and he is awesomely helpful!

Fernando J

Finally, a website visitor conversion tool that really works!

Pros

Creating a site conversion campaign has never been so easy! Privy takes you by the hand and guides you through the setup process in a very friendly way. You can definitely creat a campaign in minutes. Integrating the tool into your website is really easy, so easy you don't actually need to be an expert. Changing, updating or inactivating a campaign is also very easy. In the dashboard, you can see how your campaigns are doing in just a glance. Although the free subscription is limited, it offers great features for startups, like unlimited campaigns and signups, which is actually the main reason to use a tool like Privy. Integration with email service providers is also available in the free plan, and the process is very easy. The Customer Support is trully great. Privy shows to be compromised to deliver the best experience at every level of the process.

Brittany

Captures Attention

Great for building an email list and getting sales to go through on your site because of coupon offerings!

Pros

This is a great tool for capturing your customer's attention before they're about to leave your Shopify store. I've had this setup on my online store for about 2 years now. I find people are usually pretty inclined to submitting their email anywhere if it means getting a discount coupon. So obviously this tactic works well. I definitely think anyone needs this tool if they have an online store It's very customizable to your needs and design. And it's great for analytics. Very user-friendly and easy to setup with Shopify, like most add-ons.

Cons

I mean it's a pretty straight forward software. Maybe more catered to smaller businesses rather than large companies.

Ciprian

Good user feedback tool but restricted

Pros

A good user feedback tool with lots of options pertaining to user targeting, user funneling, timing events, actions and page behaviour.

Cons

A good user feedback tool but restricted in that all user interactions require an email field.

Great for on-site Email Acquisition

Privy has tripled our on-site email acquisition. It is really customizable and gives a great user experience (for both the customer and store). Customer support has been great

Pros

Easy to use interface Drastically and quickly improves email acquisition & conversion Helpful support team Integrations with Shopify

Cons

Some of the web exclusions can get confusing Not as plug & play for ecomm platforms other than Shopify Occasional features don't work as expected (pop ups show up immediately versus time spent or % scrolled).

Reasons for choosing Privy

Fit our needs and the pricing model worked for us. The value of Privy is shown within the first few days of starting campaigns.

Response from Privy

Thanks for the review and for bing a customer John!

Replied August 2019

Kristina

It works and then there is the confetti

Better conversion rate on email signups, flexible design and scheduling of popups - confetti when users sign up.

Pros

This is a good freemium platform for making email signups on your website happen in an attractive way. It has surely led to more conversions for us. For free software it has great features and lots of options, we've all been on the site with too many annoying popups. You can choose that route here or dial back and customize it to the look of your site. The very very best thing is you can make confetti swirl on the user's screen when they sign up. Its magical.

Cons

No complaints. If I want to do more with pop-ups than email sign-ups I will look into the more advanced features.

Response from Privy

Thanks Kristina! Glad you love Privy!

Replied June 2018

Maya

Excellent Product!

Privy's List Growth and Email Tool is a great tool to have for e-commerce businesses. It is designed well and has allowed me to grow my customer email list!

Pros

I love Privy's List Growth and Email Tool. I was able to customize everything about it to make the pop-up appear matching to my website. It has allowed me to grow my email list!

Cons

There was nothing that I disliked about Privy's List Growth and Email Tool..It always functions well and is designed well

Response from Privy

Thanks for the review!

Replied November 2019

Elizabeth

It's been a great addition!

Perfect for email sign up!

Pros

Every website should have pop ups either for subscribing to e-mail list or announcing sales and promotions. Privy has been a great addition to my website, super easy to use and set up. Highly recommend!

Cons

Wish there were more customization options, like fonts or a way to use your own fonts. Otherwise it's great!

Response from Privy

Thanks Elizabeth! Glad to hear you're loving Privy. There are actually a bunch of font options available and if you're on our commerce plan or higher you can install custom fonts.

Replied March 2018

Jessica

Privy is the best!

Overall i love privy and i received alot of subscribers since i had it installed on my website

Pros

I can create different campaigns allowing customers to sign up to my email list and i've seen much success with the gamified ones which makes collecting subscribers very easy!

Cons

It should allow me to allow customer to enter their phone# as well and text the discount code to them afterwards and also email them

Kelly