All Hoxhunt Reviews

Marius

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Great way to gamify your security trainings and phishing awareness!

Create awareness throughout the whole org while not annoying employees with the same boring training over and over again. The way Hoxhunt gamifies this approach is just awesome and can be done everywhere at anytime. The invested time of 2-3 minutes per phishing test is much more acceptable than a 60 minute long training where focus easily shifts away.

PROS

It is easy to use, their phishing tests are seriously good and make users aware of how easy it is to fall for a mail that has basically copied the original. Always reviews the most important signals to look for, great overall training!

CONS

I'm not sure if the frequency of mails received is the same for everyone, i feel like some people get more mails than others what designs the competition a little bit unfair

10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2022

Simply the best experience for training users

We use Hoxhunt to train end users on email phishing attacks and it's also used to tag spam emails. The product provides a great experience in a gamification manner, making it fun. It provides essential training to end users without them even knowing they are taking the training. So much fun.

PROS

I love the experience this product gives end users. It is not intrusive at all and definitely hits the mark showing you examples of phishing and spam attacks.

CONS

I think the product can provide additional training in other areas, project risk, consulting skills, etc.

Mette

Computer & Network Security, 201-500 employees

Hoxuhunt - an important tool in working with Security Awareness

A good motivating tool that also gives you a good view as an administrator, on status of awareness and where to set in. This product also enables you to talk about importance of awareness on C-level and generates the necessary reports. A product that can be a part of the transformation in to a secure company culture.

PROS

The product gamifies the Security training of employees, and motivates them to learn more.

CONS

No real live videos- only animated pictures, this could be more modern reflecting real life situations better

10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2022

Hoxhunt Review

It's the best tool I have used recently which guides users using a real-world scenario and makes users aware of the dangers involved in simple-looking email/attachments/links etc .... I would really recommend the same

PROS

The real world spoof spam email are used to train the user from the pitfall of real world.

CONS

Hoxhunt Dashboard UI & Ability to play any spoof scenario multiple time is missing

Timmy

Machinery, 201-500 employees

Excellent Training Exercise!

We solved alot of the ransomware issues we were having in the past because people would always click on everything no matter what it was.

PROS

How easy it is to use and process the malicious emails.

CONS

Some of the emails look fake for you to know right away without using the software to process.

William

Internet, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Security training made fun!

PROS

By gamifying security training, Hoxhunt has created an excellent product that makes security training fun. Specifically, it has really helped me hone my skills when spotting dubious emails. In addition, you compete against your peers with a competitive leaderboard.

CONS

It would be good to receive some trivia on previously cyber attacks etc at other companies. Perhaps informational videos on why IT security is so important (but keep it fun)

Milos

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2022

A good software for learning

I am very happy using it and like to use it.

PROS

It gives me an opportunity to stay aware of threats and to train to fight against them. Reminding me of the threats I know and showing me new ones.

CONS

It can have a time limit on the training threat detection. So if i go to vacation and properly detect a threat simulation when I get back, it will treat it as missed. Hope it can integrate with a company calendar to fix that.

Tim

Food & Beverages, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2022

Great training for our team members

I really enjoy hunting for those emails.

PROS

The phishing emails were great. Really make you Question your ability to identify an email.

CONS

More opportunity to report emails and more rewards

Willy

Oil & Energy, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2022

Thought I could not be fooled, learned a lot.

I always thought those how fall for phishing and other scam attempts was a little behind tech wise. But I learned a few new things, and most of all, many of my collogues learned a lot I thought maybe my collogues ought to know.

PROS

The real life tests. Hoxhunt creates scenarios that are extremely well put together and serves the knowledge you want increase very well

CONS

Nothing, there is really nothing to complain about user wise, I know nothing of price etc.

Amanda

Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 employees

Hoxhunt-keeps you focused

PROS

The emails they test you with are very authentic looking so you really have to pay attention.

CONS

Some of them are "too easy" maybe but still can be a challenge if you're busy and aren't reading over them before clicking on something.

Kimberly

Industrial Automation, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed October 2022

Hoxhunt is Fantastic Software

Extremely beneficial trainings and exercises in cyber security. The program has been extremely relevant to today's world of threats in the cyber world and the program was tailored very well to my company's needs.

PROS

Hoxhunt is very user-friendly and helps to show the employees how to catch emails that look like regular emails but that are scam emails. They fabricate very good emails from internal users that will trick even the best employees to make sure everyone is always on their toes when opening emails with company resources.

CONS

I did not have any complaints. I take cyber security very seriously and have felt all throughout the use of Hoxhunt that the exercises, lessons and trainings have been very useful. The only complaint I have is that I could have used more training.

Lisa

Machinery, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2022

Hoxhunt Security is the best!

Its been insightful and fun.

PROS

Knowing we have it, it keeps me on my toes to actually look closely at the emails and not just delete them or pass them by. Or even worse, click on them.

CONS

I'm competitive, so I don't like that if I'm on vacation or out of the office for a few days if I miss one it goes as missed if I don't click it in a specific amount of days. I seem to miss 1 every time i'm out of the office. I want my stars!

Marketing and Advertising, 10,000+ employees

Phishing Made Easy

The experiences is excellent overall. I will continue using Hoxhunt. There is no other product I know like it. Fun to use.

PROS

This product makes it easy and fun to recognize spam or dangerous emails. I enjoy seeing my progress and hearing of others.

CONS

There is nothing I don't like. It's easy, fun and the tracking process is engaging.

Alexander

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2022

Great way to train and catch up on cyber threats

PROS

The training is very interactive, and I love how the emails simulate real world threats. They've caught me out a couple of times, lol

CONS

Some of the training emails come to me during PTO, and I wish the delay in reporting the email wouldn't be penalized as a "missed" email, as I don't check my work emails during PTO.

Piergiorgio

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Very effective system

PROS

The system used to teach how to handle suspicious emails is very effective for the end users, and the simulated email threads are very useful to learn how to prevent attacks

CONS

I do not have any specific issue to be reported in this sense

Peter

Information Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Awareness boost for mail users

The software is only as good as the data/languages provided from the ones who set it up for a company. Even Tieto Austria as a part of an English speaking company, more activities should be provided in German, as still most of the our mails are written in German. So it's easy for me to detect Hoxhunt messages, as I always get suspicious, when I receive English mails.

PROS

The know how is provided step by step without getting the feeling that you actively learn something. The points, stars and achievements provide a "gaming" environment, with nice challenges.

CONS

I really see no need to criticize the solution - using it is a kind of fun for me.

Janardhanan

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2023

User Experience

My overall experience is good and satisfying. The idea of creating awareness through such simulations gives a feel like we are playing some game and it motivates us to play more.

PROS

The simulated email educates us to understand and differentiate actual threats.

CONS

Sometimes, it feels like the simulated emails are revealing and easy to identify. In my opinion, it is mainly because of the topics chosen.

Stewart

Mining & Metals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Quality Control Manger review

Like the challenges, testing emails that get sent. I like being able to have suspicious e-mails checked so quickly.

PROS

Easy to use and explains the risks thoroughly

CONS

I don't have anything to add really, everything is good.

Evan

Apparel & Fashion, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2022

Fun and interactive way to check for spam and phishing emails

Overall Hoxhunt has caused my team and I to be paranoid (in a good way) about suspicious emails. It's fun and interactive and integrates really well in our Outlook app. All we need to do is click a button to check if the email is part of Hoxhunt training or to report it as malicious, spam, or phishing.

PROS

Hoxhunt has trained me to be very cautious when opening emails from unknown senders. It's actually fun and very easy to use (one-click button to report). By sending examples to your real inbox, it's very effective in training users to be suspicious of malicious emails.

CONS

The dashboard will show you if you missed Hoxhunt emails or clicked on malicious emails, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't actually show you which email you missed.

Mathew

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

review

PROS

Ease of use and educational benefits for people who may not be as tech savy

CONS

rewards program i feel like the company should incentivize keeping information safe