• Pros

• "Great pricing for small users, very generous trial use. Decent API easy to integrate."

• "Easy to set up. Easy to use. Our church was using another solution but they got rid of their free/non-profit tier. Mailgun has a generous free tier that has served our church of 700 well."

• "Easy to setup and use in WHM Clean and userful dashboard "

• Cons

• "Not being able to schedule emails more than 3-days in advance is a little bit of a downer, however, workarounds are simple."

• "I like this server, there is not really anything I would change at this time. "

• "I would be fond of a service if I can make responsive newsletters from templates with this provider."

Browse Mailgun Reviews

Brandon from Brandon Mushlin Creative

Incredible Deliverability, Clean Platform, Success with MailGun!

Super pleasant, great chat support, fast email support replies, always quick to help and communicate.

Pros

Clean UXI for navigating the system, simple set up, clear dashboard to find issues quickly and navigate around the site. Ability to clean database lists to minimize bounce. However, the BEST part is they are free up to 10,000 emails a month, which is a ton! So to give the full custom power of connecting your domain and sending out, that's a huge value. I will get over that limit and upgrade soon, but that is an incredible way to start a relationship. Almost a year of free service to use their system versus my server.

Cons

I actually have not found anything that I do not like. Many will complain about high bounce rates or going into spam. I find that issue arrises on multiple factors outside of mailgun control, such as the receiving server, and the mail habits of the person opening it, do they get a bunch of spammy mail already? And was the mail piece written in a poor nature, this increases spam folder direction, however, they do have dedicated IP service for those wanting to mitigate one area of cause for spam direction. Again, never been my experience.

Reasons for Choosing Mailgun

Again, the main required integration for our CRM, and that is perfectly fine with us because it is smooth operating on the free account, I'm sure will be great on dedicated IP account.

Reasons for Switching to Mailgun

Utilizing a new software CRM integration, they favored MailGun so I gave it a shot and migrated over, happy I did, everything is incredibly smooth.

Luke from trackwire.io

Great Software Gone Greedy

Outside of them changing their payment tier / plan system I haven't had any issue with Mailgun. I always found their customer service great and the product itself to be fantastic and does exactly what it's supposed to. I just really wish they brought back the routing feature to the free tier.

Pros

Great API, Super easy to integrate into various types of website / webapp setups. I previously used Mailgun for a variety of different integrations and never had any issues. Complete frictionless integration from beginning to end.

Cons

I dislike that the features we used to get for free are now hidden behind a paywall. Features such as routing emails I find to be rudimentary and were previously built into the free / pay as you go tier. Now it is locked behind the $35 dollar tier. This is a pain for small businesses that want to accept a few emails from a professional email with their own domain. Now to unlock that feature they must over commit to a tier with an allowance of 10k plus emails a month. This I feel has squeezed many small businesses out of using their service and it has definately moved me from recommending & using them in future as I would have previously for my smaller clients.

Reasons for Choosing Mailgun

At that point in 2018 it was easier for me to get started with Mailgun and there were more tutorials and information of how to integrate it.

Vendel from Avienne

Good, but crap customer service

They suddenly and mistakely suspended one of my domain and took ages to get it back. They told me that their back-end service sometomes does it by mistake... not sure why it took them days and days to reply, and still not resolved after almost a week... (I was using a mid-range package, so not the the free tier.)

Pros

Easy to setup and use in WHM Clean and userful dashboard

Cons

Customer service is slow and useless More expensive compare to others

Ease of setup

Jonathan from Jon Tai Magic

Feature rich, strong support team

Overall, a very good experience. Mailgun was definitely a very competent software and tool for dealing with the complex nature of sending out mass marketing emails successfully.

Pros

In my previous work as Director of Operations of a medical software company, I worked with the development team to implement and utilize the software. A lot of the technical side of things was over my head, but the mailgun support team was top notch and integral to us executing on a successful deployment of automated emails at a scale far greater than anything we had tackled before.

Cons

Most of my gripes are simply due to lack of understanding - a lot of the software was quite technical in nature and over my head. But I can't really speak in detail to any pros/cons of directly interacting with the software or its user interface.

Lucas from MOM+POP, Ltd.

Bare-bones but super reliable and easy to use.

I use several different email service providers, each for a different reason. I use Mailgun almost exclusively for inbound mail processing. The inbound processing also offers a preliminary spam filter so that at least most of the spam isn't sent further down my process chain. It's super easy to set up inbound routes using specific strings or wildcard matches that will accept mail and forward to multiple different recipients. These recipients can be either proper email addresses or webhook endpoints. I often use the address forwarders in combination with the SMTP outbound service to build a system where Gmail users can use their free gmail.com account to receive and send emails from their small business domain without having to sign up for and configure a proper G Suite account. I use the webhook forwarders in combination with Zapier and Integromat to receive any emails that need to be processed and automatically acted on. Mailgun normalizes all the different types of email and attachment encodings and packages the message data into an easy-to-parse JSON package that makes it super easy for me to grab what I need and reliably act on the normalized data.

Pros

Inbound mail processing with spam filter Free tier offers great sending limit SMTP and API integration for outbound messaging

Cons

This product doesn't offer any sort of backend mail building or sending functionality. It's only an engine for sending messages. This means you'll have to build your messages somewhere else and integrate them into your sending code.

Reasons for Choosing Mailgun

The pricing structure for Mailgun was a much better fit for my specific needs of inbound mail processing. Mandrill provides inbound mail as part of a much larger and more complete service offering that was not necessary for my use case. I simply wanted a service that would accept, process, and forward messages without all the other tools built into Mandrill.

Cristian from Swapps

Simplify your email sending

We use mailgun for all of our transactional email. We manage, from a single account, a lot of our domains. We always have detailed insight into what is happening with our email deliveries. When things go wrong, there is enough information to find the cause.

Pros

Ease of setup. Transparent pricing. Free tier goes up until a really high scale. Can use it via API or smtp, whatever you need.

Cons

Support is a little slow for non paying plans, but that is expected. There are no alarms in place for when something starts going wrong unexpectedly.

Reasons for Switching to Mailgun

Mandrill changed policies, and at the time the cost/benefit ratio of staying there was not good.

Daniel from loultimoenlaweb.com

Setup and use anywhere any how even API or SMTP

We use mailgun as transactional email services, their free tier fit with our basic usage.

Pros

API is very easy to integrated, SMTP alternative is a quick start to use in software that require SMTP protocol to send email.

Cons

Current dashboard is kind of complicated, sometime I could not find a setting or where I could set a adjustment.

Reasons for Switching to Mailgun

Their closed their standalone api and require a paid subscription on MailChimp

Fast, Reliable and Affordable Email Provider

We use Mailgun for almost 80% of our email system, we stopped providing email directly from our servers due to DDOS and mailgun really helped us out!

Pros

The best would be their free tier, they recently changed their free tier but you still get free 1k+ emails per month. This is thier "pay as you use" tier. Very usefull if you're still new as you get all the features of a paid service. Very cheap even when you exceed the free emails.

Cons

I wish they have a lower tiered plan like $5 or $10 a month for low traffic sites. As a developer not all sites needs 10k emails a month.

Reasons for Choosing Mailgun

Faster response to support inquiries.

DDOS

Mailgun is great, the

They used to have a free tier (up to 10k emails a month) which provided a sample of all the features included in mailgun (like sending, receiving, authenticating, api etc.) now they got rid of that plan (even for customers who were "grandfathered in"). The new free plan isn't really free and they stripped out all the extra services. It's tough that the entry price for any features is $35/month.

Pros

- It is extremely easy to get setup using Mailgun (they make it very simple for the user). - They offer a lot of really useful features and well documented, powerful API.

Cons

The opening price is pretty high for an account with any sort of features, which makes it tough to justify using their service for a small project. - The interface runs a bit slow and buggy at times (like viewing logs).

Adrian from ChatAll

Mailgun is awesome

Pros

Easy to deploy, they even have an iOS SDK. I use it to deliver automated emails for my app (welcome emails, password reset, announcements, etc).

Cons

There are currently no cons for me with this software.

Reasons for Choosing Mailgun

Easy to deploy and very cheap for start-ups.

Jon from OEL

Mailgun provides reliable email delivery and tracking software

We use Mailgun to send emails from multiple domains through our ERP system. Mailgun as given us noticeable improvement to our email metrics and tracking. I would recommend Mailgun to others.

Pros

Our ERP system added integration with Mailgun several years ago and our ability to track and verify emails had been delivered significantly increased. We noticed an immediate increase in our email delivered confirmations. This is significant for us as we send our monthly account billing statements through email. If our emails aren't delivered, we don't get paid. Mailgun also provided much superior email tracking so we can identify which emails weren't delivered and find another way to get in contact with our customer.

Cons

Our biggest limitation with Mailgun is with our ERP system and how they only chose to provided limited support to the many features Mailgun offers.

Elliott from BPL Marketing

Great solution for mail sending from vps providers like AWS

We use mailgun for all of our email sending needs across multiple servers and products. We implement mailgun as the default mail sender for any new projects too.

Pros

Its api is very simple to use, most PHP frameworks come with mailgun integration out of the box - if they don't, mailgun supports standard smtp anyway. Great usage graphs and multiple regions to send from. Is makes it very easy to send emails from php applications which would normally be blacklisted if you use standard php mail from inside a VPS on e.g amazon/azure/vultr/digitalocean. Very generous free tier.

Cons

Their anti spam measures can sometimes not work - if your sending details have been compromised you can be hit with a pretty large bill before you realize someone has been sending hundreds of thousands of emails on your behalf.

Aaron from Thrive Web Designs

Almost a necessity with server configs and email filters!

Mailgun ensures that emails sent from your site make it the destination email inbox and not the spam folder. Easy to use, free for the first 10,000 and has mail logs. All around, a great product!

Pros

Mailgun ensures that emails from your website actually make it to their destination. With their free tier covering the first 10,000 emails, it's a free solution to a prominent issue: emails getting stuck in email filters or not making it at all. Mailgun is easy to sign up for and easy to integrate into your site, especially if you are using WordPress. Absolutely love the mail logs too - that's come in quite handy on many an occasion.

Cons

As a web developer, I understand the need and value of Mailgun. It can be difficult for new users to understand this though.

Tyler from Channel Clarity

Great SMTP for sending bulk or transactional email

We have achieved great eCPM mailing costs and gained access to higher volume mail to reach our subscribers

Pros

Mailgun allows for a lot of customization. Users use the service on the backend as the infrustructure to mail, while using their own service portal to send the mail and segment their subscriber base. Mail sending is fast, reliable, and they have dedicated and shared IPs for sending.

Cons

Since it is only to be used as the infrastructure to mail, companies will need the know-how of hooking up SMTP connections and have access to a developer and front-end software.

Reasons for Choosing Mailgun

We use Mailgun in sublement to other SMTP and ESPs but it very well could function on its own.

Gonzalo from Freelance

Finally, emails reaching their destination.

Overall great value for the free tier, 10.000 emails for free plus great deliverability and integration, great for Wordpress users.

Pros

When developing a custom PHP app or using Wordpress you often face the issue of your notifications and customer emails getting stuck or not passing the mails filters. This is a big issue, when for example you are sending out important information like an order confirmation or a ticket for your event and your users are not getting your emails or they are arriving into their SPAM folder. Mailgun has proved superb on improving email deliverability and their logs are super helpful as well, you can track what went wrong if anything. Their interface is easy to use and to the point. Moreover, their free tier gives you 10.000 emails for use, for free. Something great for companies doing product research, I found their API easy to use and easy to integrate with my projects, Wordpress being the easiest: a plugin + an API key/secret. Regarding Wordpress I found Mailgun the best amongst options tried for email deliverability.

Cons

Cost of the paid tiers is pricey if you compare with the alternatives. Everything in Mailgun goes through their API, so if you need a Full UI alongside the API this might not be the best choice.

Cuong from CuongThach

The best SMTP provider I love most

Mailgun worked for me seamlessly, no challenge and I'm happy to use it, even will buy their Pro Plan in the future.

Pros

I use Mailgun for my email marketing services and it works perfectly. Mailgun helped all my emails go straight to my prospectors' inbox instantly without any challenges. With 10.000 free emails/month is a super deal for small business. Besides, Mailgun is truly flexible for developers with Webhook Support, API support, SMTP user manager, Email Template Builder.

Cons

I hope Mailgun support Email Template Builder with Drag&Drop function that easier for me to create email templates for my workflow.

Bruce from EGI Foundation

Industry: Research

Rock solid delivery

Haven't had a complaint yet.

Pros

Configuring email is like conjuring drunk dragons with black magic: most of the time it only works so-so and any tiny mistake gets you burned. Mailgun has very good documentation on setting up your domain and configuring things so that your reputation is great and does not suffer. The REST API makes dealing with events a pleasure and the dashboard gives you great insight into where your mails are going to or coming from and why your audience is behaving the way it is.

Cons

There's not much not to like. The price is great (mostly free) and the documentation and reliability are 100%.

One of the best SMTP/API mail integration solutions

10,000 free emails a month, easy to use API, easy to integrate and send emails reliably.

Pros

Mailgun offers 10,000 free emails a month, which is much higher than a lot of the competing services in this category. The web interface is clean and provides you with the information you need right on the landing page. Integrates easy with many services and plugins exist for many platforms (eg Wordpress). API is well documented.

Cons

While the Free tier of 10,000 emails a month is class leading, when you begin entering the paid tiers there are much cheaper alternatives available. Email validation service is pricey for what it is.

Christopher from C&C Design Studio

Industry: Photography

Most reliable yet

Pros

We've used a lot of solutions, we're a mid-sized business and don't send enough for our own IP, however, every other provider has not had great delivery due to that. Mailgun has been the first shared-IP provider to give us unbeatable performance.

John from GIGLY LTD

Love Mailgun!!!

Allow me to remove the send-mail function away from the web-server, which can mean mail is affected (classed as SPAM) because of your website (HOSTING) IP address. Mailgun fixes this.

Pros

Like the fact that it helps your emails avoid Spam filters, which it achieves by ensuring the IP address(s) are clean.

Cons

When setting up the DNS (for the first time), if you have any conflicting records e.g. spf then this may / will prevent your account from being authenticated. A 5 min job can take 5 hours of waiting. Fortunately, Mailgun support is brilliant and can spot an error and offer a fix in seconds.

Reasons for Choosing Mailgun

Can't remember specifically the alternatives i looked at, but Mailgun is the best i found! I'd highly recommend it.

Very user friendly and highly recommended

The process from the very start was very straightforward and allowed myself and fellow marketing and development team members to grasp the intricacies and entire tool set within the platform.

Pros

The ability to connect to our internal platform to send transactional email and monitor activity are features that really stand out and directly address our needs in terms of email deliverability, activity tracking and technical solutions.

Cons

The ability to migrate from the legacy to the newest version of the platform has not been the simplest process. While the workarounds have suited our needs just fine, it hasn't been the simplest process to migrate over from the legacy version.

Brian from PomfretWeb

Great service with easy integration.

First 10k emails through Mailgun are free, why not give it a try. Transactional outbound emails originating from Mailgun and are less likely to be blocked as spam.

Pros

Free options for small/startup businesses with reasonable prices for larger companies/projects. Mailing lists included. WordPress integration is quite simple with the Mailgun plugin. Once installed and configured, the WP plugin allows websites to send form email responses with relative ease. The mailing list feature is nice bonus. Management portal was updated recently and vastly improved the UI/UX experience.

Cons

Extended log access is only available in more expensive plans.

Michael from Blu Creative

Robust SMTP API for your sites, with no comprimises

We use Mailgun alongside other services such as Mandrill and SendGrid, depending on our clients needs for their site/app.

Pros

Mailgun has a really easy to implement API (for devs) with a bunch of different languages support like curl, PHP, Java, etc. - Within minutes, we were running the PHP API on our app, and sending out transactional emails. Also good for devs: the extremely in-depth official docs provided by Mailgun. Along with case examples, and demos, you'll be ready to go, even if you're a bit less experienced with implementing an API of this sort. One of my favourite features is the email validation API, which easily integrates into your forms via jQuery, and uses the Mailgun API to validate email inputs as users type their email. We use it on all of our forms now!

Cons

It's worth noting that everything that operates through Mailgun is through API, unlike something like SendGrid which offers a full dashboard alongside their API. This may or may not be an issue for some people.

Reliable

Pros

I'm using mailgun for transnational emails and I'm very happy I never encountered any problem, the interface is very good and simple, I like the fact we can setup multiple domains in the same account. All in all it's the best!

Cons

Mailgun didn't notify me when my account was suspended for a verification and in that time I lost many emails that may have resulted in contracts if they were delivered! You need to check you account regularly to make sure everything is OK!

Héctor from Chunch.es

Need email notification support? This is the one

Is easy to use, has great support and customer care is THE option for email notifications in your App/WebApp.

Pros

Easy to use! Supports integration with a lot of languages including PHP and Rails, we were able to use it in no time, They provide you with free mails monthly for when your startup is starting and is blazing fast, much better than connecting the app to a conventional email.

Cons

Nothing at all, hoping they can implement PWA notifications soon.

Greg from Gunners Project LLC

Mailgun is great!

Overall I have been super satisfied with using Mailgun to handle all the mail processing from my website.

Pros

Mailgun has a great API and ability to configure just about anything you need when it comes to sending email. Their UI is very clean and it isn't super cluttered with things you don't need. It was easy to find what I was looking for and easy to configure the settings.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't been able to find something that I haven't liked about using Mailgun. It is really a solid platform.

Reliable base for emailing in a product

Pros

We liked the simplicity and set it and forget it nature of the product. We never really ever had to go in and perform maintenance since when we first set up the service on our app a few years back.

Cons

We recently had an issue of emails not getting sent out that was due to a different service we had integrated with mailgun. Because of this issue, we had wondered if we were able to go back in the mailgun logs to see the old emails. Unfortunately, the logs only go back to about 2 months or so which meant we had just lost all the old data. It would have been nice if there was some option to perform automated backups of everything or automated exports after the 2 months period.

Good software, but UI and delivery issues

We use Mailgun to send automated emails for people who are registering on our site and to reset passwords.

Pros

Mailgun is an easy platform to automate sending mail. It is really nice that you can set up alias emails so that you don't have to share a personal email on a platform, but you also don't have to set up a new email account. Mailgun did recently update the UI of the site, so it is more modern, but it could still be improved.

Cons

Some of the UI is still a little counter-intuitive. Unlike MailChimp, there is also not the easy interface to customize messages. We have a number of issues with the emails from Mailchimp going to spam and users struggling to find them.

Ivan from Reservation Genie

One of the best email marketing solutions price wise

We send email marketing to our user base through Mailgun, monitor results, and save money when compared to other solutions that are more manual..

Pros

We use Mailgun to send to large email marketing lists because it's more affordable than many alternatives. The UX is pretty solid and the reporting tools are nice.

Cons

Sometimes there are things in the report that don't make sense like an open rate dropping considerably one day and then back to normal. We can't really tell what caused that. Also the open rate is lower than other tools that are not marketing based. So perhaps they're tagged as marketing server. Not sure there's any way around that and they take email server health seriously

Quinn from BetterManager

BEWARE - no usable support until $350/mo tier

I never needed to send more than a few thousand emails so I stayed on mailgun's free tier. However, the IP mailgun assigned me became blacklisted (probably from another sender's abuse) and I became unable to send mail. Even after upgrading to the $79 a month plan (compare to SendGrid $15 a month) there was no immediate help - apparently that is $350 a month. I am 24 hours into not being able to send mail, and will definitely be switching to another service.

Pros

It usually sends mail. API is straightforward.

Cons

If mailgun gets an IP blacklisted - from other senders - you could end up in trouble. Since they do not answer tickets for 48 hours you might not be able to send mail for 48 hours . Big problem.

Cost Effective Email Solution

Pros

1) Customer Support, through the inbuilt ticketing channel is very prompt and often resolves queries within the first attempt. Even if you're running the account primarily on free credits. 2) Seems to be reasonably priced if you need to send more than 10,000 emails a month

Cons

1) Delivery reports are saved for only 30 days, and doesn't have a CSV download option with delivery statuses. 2) Dedicated IP address is prohibitively expensive

good for Transactional email and more

Pros

Mailgun's system is set up so well, and their SDKs for different languages are so complete, that these days I add a domain, add a Ruby gem, and my new Rails project has transnational email ready to go, highly deliverable, and I just don't worry about it after that. It just works.

Scott from ETS

Decent Transactional Email Service with Great Dashboard and Logs

Pros

Easy to set up; attractive log and web dashboard UI that makes it easy to track and identify bounces and errors

Cons

Cost isn't as attractive as some other similar alternatives (i.e. SparkPost); customer support is sometimes hit and miss on the level of helpfulness/knowledgeably they provide

Harpaul from Paxcom India Pvt Ltd

Best SMTP API available

Pros

Mail-gun lets you handle all you send any number of email using a simple rest API, who intgration is available in almost the leading technologies.Let Developers to focus to business logic, as it handles email part itself.

Cons

Never found any con till day, but once we had an issue, one of e-mail address which was deactivated for a small span of time, it stopped working with mail gun. that might be some kind of bug may be.

Excellent mail log makes tracking mail activity simple

We run software that includes both manually sent as well as automated email. Inevitably, users will either not receive or claim that they did not receive an email. This quickly helps alleviate those issues and show proof of delivery with timestamp.

Pros

I don't have a ton to benchmark Mailgun against but it's made my job much easier when needing to track our outgoing email. At it's simplest, I can quickly search for failed email messages or confirm that email was sent and received along with the content of the email.

Cons

There may be a way to filter or create saved filters that I'm not aware of, but I've been restricted to searching either by an email address or by an event type (ie Accepted, Delivered, Rejected, etc.) I do sometimes have to search for a bit to find what I'm looking for.

Tóbiás from Information Technology and Services

My transactional mail provider

Pros

I have searched a cheap, but reliable transactional mail provider for my various products, finally found it, and use it with delight.

Minakshi from The Alpha Develoepers

E-Mail API for your project

Pros

Once you have connected your domain with mailgun, you will get mailgun secret key using which all your project and applications can send emails. It makes work a lot simpler and easy. Its client tools are available in all the leading technology platforms and integration is very easy.

Cons

Sometimes there can be some delay in receiving emails due to heavy loads on mailgun servers.

Jack from OmniFund

Great Mail Server

Pros

I like that I can see in realtime the status of emails, remove supressions and have everything logged in one place.

Cons

I like this server, there is not really anything I would change at this time.

Florian from Courtastic

Great Email Service for Your Application Backend!

Our entire backend runs all of its email communications through that service, its super reliable.

Pros

- easy to install and set up - great reliability - nice dashboard where you can check the details of every sent email - large free email volume plan!

Cons

Would be nice if it offered pre-designed email templates (created on their website) with CSS etc. which you could then call via the API with some custom values.

Well priced mail delivery platform

Pros

Cons

No dedicated IP range for small users. Hosting outside UK (at time of consideration for upgrade)

Easy to set up

Pros

It's been easily customized for our applications. Bulk emails out to users with the ability to read responses. I've been happy with this product

Cons

None. It has served us well for all our purposes

Nathan from Hallmark Baptist Church

Great solution for Churches and Non-Profits

Pros

Cons

Right now it seems that we have issues with AT&T/SBCGlobal.net e-mail addresses rejecting a lot of our e-mails. This has been problematic at times but not a huge issue.

Sven from BearlyDigital (Einzelunternehmen)

Stress-free eMail with Laravel

I use Mailgun for most of my in-house & customer developed web applications to handle the automated delivery of eMail notifications.

Pros

Mailgun is the simplest & most stress-free of the transactional eMail services I've encountered so far. It's integration that ships per default in Laravel, a PHP framework for creating rich webapps, makes the setup & usage of Mailgun especially easy and painless. The Mailgun API is simple and well documented, their service "just works", the support is always there when you need them and they have a whole slew of community packages that enable you to do more with their API without writing a ton of sourcecode yourself. I don't think there's anymore I could ask for in an eMail provider.

Cons

Mailgun is a bit on the pricey site compared to AWS and other SMTP based options on the market.

Reliable way to send email with a great and well documented API

Pros

I've worked for various software companies who ran their own mail servers, which were great for tracking and integration, but a real headache to maintain. Mailgun has fulfilled all my email requirements and more - providing a reliable way to send and track emails, and a good API that support integration with many clients and languages. I've used it for simple personal projects and large-scale customer deployments, and it works brilliantly throughout.

Cons

The main limitation is that there is a single API key per account. If this API key is compromised you have to change it on all services, so I often end up having to manage multiple mailgun accounts as a workaround.

Dart from Consultant for Weber Shandwick Philippines

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

COnnected to our ticketing system

Mailgun enabled us to send thousands of confirmation emails every day to our customers for a good price.

Pros

Worked perfectly well with Google Suite email server.

Cons

Configuration required an adept tech guy

Sad to see it going

Pros

Reliable email automation service. Easy to see reports and track email delivery for emails coming from our website. Was quite easy to set up and configure.

Cons

Service is going to end in the near future as they are shutting down the software. We are forced to find a new product that will work for us.

Petr from Artz

The best mail sending service with free of charge plan.

Best choice if you need to send mails over external SMTP services.

Pros

Very easy to use, settings and tutorials how to are very intuitive. Fast delivering not only transactional emails. SMTP + API

Cons

Up to 5 domains only in a free plan (10000 mails per month). Not so detailed info of mail, when you send it over SMTP.

Ariel from Education

Good pay-as-you-go pricing structure, simple but powerful tools

Pros

Mailgun's pay-as-you-go pricing structure is fantastic, especially if you don't need to send that much email. The pricing, including the free tier, is much more generous than what you can get with some pricier providers, like SendGrid. I mainly just use Mailgun as an SMTP server for web services, and the service has been set-up-and-forget, which is great because I never even have to log onto the Mailgun website and do any work. Mailing list support also looks great for rolling-your-own and not relying on more expensive mailing list services.

Cons

It would be cool to have some client libraries like those that SendGrid provide, but this is also pretty superfluous because the REST API works great and is language agnostic.

Gareth from IO

Insanely easy to send emails

Mailgun provides a great service, using and integrating it is easy. We've hardly experienced any downtime or any major issues.

Pros

I liked that the setup and configuration is quite easy. The dashboard allows us to see any analytics or debug data that we could need. The best thing about Mailgun is the integrations that are available. We've never had any issues getting Mailgun up and running in projects. It's to the point where you have multiple package options with varying features or use cases.

Cons

The only downside is if you are using community packages to integrate Mailgun into your projects. You're left waiting for new features or fixes. That is to be expected but you win more than you lose with the help of the open source community.

The best email processor for developers

Pros

As a developer I often need to add email to my application during the testing phase. Mailgun is my go to provider because of their support at the code level. There are thorough examples for every programming language I've come across, and their SDK's are second to none.

Cons

Their pricing doesn't appear to be as competitive when you want to scale as opposed to other transactional email providers.