• Pros

• "Not only is the product so easy and helpful, the culture of AlertMedia and their team is fantastic! We are so happy with them."

• "AlertMedia is easy to setup and use. The templates are incredibly helpful. It's simple, straightforward AND effective. The customer support is incredible!"

• "We love the ability to be able to text all of our employees updates when necessary. During COVID, this has been a MUST for us. We also really enjoy the feature to schedule notifications. "

• Cons

• "I like everything about the platform but it would be nice if everything was offered with the basic plan."

• "AlertMedia has many features. Occasionally it feels overwhelming to have so many options on the type of notification to send and how to send it. "

• "At times, there are many layers to look at and even though we can sort these out, the dashboard tends to get busy at times."

Browse AlertMedia Reviews

Kyle from DHS

Great software and Support!

My experience from sale to implementation has been very good. The support team is as good as many have eluded to and both the sales and customer success teams have been very responsive and helpful. The product is heavily used in our Org and plays a critical role in communication to clients. Being able to use the product to quickly get out communication internally and externally has been a huge benefit for us. I am definitely an advocate of AlertMedia!

Pros

• Intuitive UI • Easy to implement • Great customer service! • Fast sending of notifications • Great feature set • Multi-purpose use cases

Cons

Aside from a few minor bugs and a few enhancement requests, I haven't had any significant negative experiences.

Reasons for Choosing AlertMedia

Better features, faster sending, multiple use cases, better support, better product for our needs.

Reasons for Switching to AlertMedia

Better features, functionality, ease of use and speed.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied April 2021

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are so glad to hear that AlertMedia has helped you quickly communicate with your employees and customers. We are always releasing new features and product enhancementswe will have your Customer Success Manager reach out to share some of the exciting updates we have coming up.

Blane from Fairway Independent Mortgage Company

AlertMedia Is My Go To Solution

We have realized tremendous value in taking care of our employees and their families. They know we sincerely care and have invested in their safety. AlertMedia gives me and my team the ability to monitor, prepare, alert and account for our team during hurricanes, severe weather, active shooter events, wildfires and more. It's hard to put a price on that kind of peace of mind, but AlertMedia far and away makes this return on investment one of the best we have.

Pros

Our employees are the most important part of Fairway and it's our job to protect them. The ability to contact and alert employees all over the country for any emergency situation that may impact them has been the foundation for our Crisis and Emergency Management operations. It has also been a key business driver for us and allows less disruption and the the shifting of work if needed. With AlertMedia we are able to proactively monitor our 9700 employees across the US. Our employees have been in almost every major weather event of the last three years and I have received many emails and letters of thanks for looking out for them and their families.

Cons

I have used most if not all of the main Emergency Notifications Systems on the market in my 27 years in IT, mainly Everbridge, xMatters and others where cost outweigh the benefits. AlertMedia's innovation roadmap and customer input has made then stand out. With this close relationship AlertMedia has with its customers we see new features added to help provide us better situational awareness.

Reasons for Choosing AlertMedia

When I came to build the business continuity program I was on my own and I needed a solution that was easy to use, price was right and one I knew would scale with me. AlertMedia has exceeded my expectations not just with the product but with the support as well.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied March 2021

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We are dedicated to helping our customers keep their people safe and informed through any critical event that comes their way and it truly makes our day to hear that AlertMedia has helped you proactively protect your people through so many severe weather events.

Angela from AlixPartners

AlertMedia review

We use it as a part of our BCP communication tool and it's effective

Pros

Can communicate with the group through various communication tools including email, sms and app message and get instant responses.

Cons

I sometimes see errors such as a message did not delivered to everyone

Response from AlertMedia

Replied January 2021

Thank you for your feedback. Message delivery is critical to our platform. Oftentimes message errors indicate the need to update contact data or an issue with the cell carrier. We'll have your Customer Success Manager reach out to provide more details.

Matt from Ulteig

Industry: Civil Engineering

AlertMedia customer support team is top notch

My overall experience has been great. Again, from the sales team to the customer service and technical team, they all work well together to meet our needs as the customer. They offer additional planning resources to help prepare you in the event of a crisis. The support is very much appreciated.

Pros

Sending an alert notification in AlertMedia is easy and simple. The alerts can be customized with templates that make sending an alert in times of an emergency less stressful. The threat map is great to track threats around the world and notify the team of a threat in their area. The customer service team is the BEST!! They are very receptive to your needs and quickly respond to resolve any concerns.

Cons

Integration went well. We use single sign on (SSO) and some users registered without using SSO which has caused duplicate users that we are still working through. I wish I would have been consulted on the possible phone constraints on our end. Our phone system has a limited amount of calls that can be in use at one time, which has caused delays on our end. We are working with our carrier, but it would have been good to know of potential issues from AlertMedia based off of their experience instead of finding out at the time of the test alert.

Reasons for Choosing AlertMedia

Sales and support, ease of use and cost. They responded immediately and answered all questions. They worked well together to support our needs. Their brand, customer service and a positive culture matched our needs and modeled what we expect to provide to our own customers.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied April 2021

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are so glad to hear your experience has been positive with both our product and support. Once AlertMedia delivers a message to a telecom carrier, we are reliant on the carrier to make the final delivery to the end-user. Your Customer Success Manager is looking into this further and will be in touch with you soon. We hope this is helpful!

Andrew from Smuckers

Transitioning Emergency Notification Systems

AlertMedia is the most user friendly version of Emergency Notification software that I have ever used. It is extremely easy to navigate and all of the options available are almost self explanatory and all of our Notification admins have no issue using the system because of this.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

There are times that the map feature seems to freeze and I need to refresh the page to get items to appear.

Reasons for Choosing AlertMedia

The price of the AlertMedia system was much more reasonable compared to the product that we switched from. However, after switching it became very obvious that AlertMedia was the superior product. The system is extremely user friendly and all of our Notification Admins across the country were pleased with how easy the system is to navigate compared to the other product that we were using.

Reasons for Switching to AlertMedia

It was not my decision to make the switch in Emergency Notification systems, however, I know the cost of the product had a lot to do with the switch.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Simple, easy to use tool for timely communications on a variety of platforms.

Connecting quickly with employees on updates with high timeliness.

Pros

1. The ability to set up flexible preset messages. If there's an emergency, you can save significant time by having everything you need ready to go. Also nice that there's the option for repeated reminders until the receiver confirms they've read the message. 2. The option to blast out to a variety of platforms (e.g., call, text, desktop computer, email) to ensure you're meeting people where they are.

Cons

Excited for them to build out more proactive alerts and support.

Reasons for Choosing AlertMedia

Great automation, UI, features, and support.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear your experience has been positive. Your Customer Success Manager would be happy to share more information with you regarding some of the latest updates to our proactive alerts.

Penny from JetBlue

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Critical Tool for all Crisis Leaders

We've been very pleased with the responsive of the AlertMedia team and the ease of the product. They are constantly looking at ways on how to help their customers.

Pros

Cons

The map feature runs off town names and not zip codes

Reasons for Switching to AlertMedia

Too expensive and it was not an all inclusive platform

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear your experience has been positive and will be sure to bring your feedback to our team.

Bryce from The J.M. Smucker Company

Industry: Food Production

Alert Media Customer Review

Mass communications for weather alerts

Pros

Alert Media is much more user friendly than the last software we were using.

Cons

As of now I haven't had any cons with using this software

Reasons for Choosing AlertMedia

Alert Media was the most user friendly for our company to use

Reasons for Switching to AlertMedia

We made the switch to cut on costs and for a more user friendly platform

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are committed to providing our customers with an intuitive, easy-to-use platform and are so glad to hear your experience has been positive.

Rick from Southwest Energy LLC

Industry: Mining & Metals

AlertMedia Review

being able to contact remote employees and give them emergency information is a great tool for us.

Pros

Being able to communicate in multiple ways with employees quickly was the biggest plus more us. Most of the onboarding was easy because AlertMedia was able to take our Directory and upload the information for us. The geofencing was a great tool for us to be able to pick locations to communicate issue with without needing to figure out who needs this information.

Reasons for Choosing AlertMedia

Cost versus service, AlertMedia offered the most for our money.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so glad to hear your experience has been positive.

HALLIE from BIEHL & CO

Industry: Maritime

So Much More than an Emergency Communications Tool

Our experience with AlertMedia has been phenomenal. As the head of Strategic Planning, I implement a lot of software. This has by far been the easiest implementation. From researching the company, presenting the added value to the executive team for consideration, contract negotiations with our legal department, and implementation of our niche departments with varying needs, it has been great. The responsiveness of our Customer Success Manager is fabulous - I'm talking under an hour most times. Truly great experience all the way around.

Pros

This product is so easy to use. It answered multiple needs for our company and allows other admins to take charge of their departments thus alleviating the administrative burden on the top-tier administrator. Buy-in is always a concern when considering a software purchase. With this product, the feedback I have received from department or regional managers is, "If anyone says this is hard to use, they should be fired." This is a win on multiple levels. Plus, all communication is organized and stored for reference later if need be - no endless emails or texts to track down.

Cons

There are some very specific use cases that the graphical data does not support. However, our success manager was amazing at listening to our needs, evaluating the system's capabilities, and providing a solution that works for us. When I say solution, I am not talking about a workaround that kind of gives us what we need, it answers our need. We just got there via a different path than expected.

Reasons for Choosing AlertMedia

The value of having an emergency communications system along with the system's ability to address operational communication needs was a big factor. We have many non-traditional departments where our employees are not sitting in front of a computer. Critical information was often not seen in a timely fashion or at all. Reliable text-based communication allowed a better way to communicate critical information and allowed us to discontinue the use of non-effective email addresses. When comparing our email domain cost vs Alert Media for our employees, it just made sense. The smooth process, honest sales presentations, and phenomenal customer support are the icing on the cake. Alert Media is a great company to partner with.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that your experience with AlertMedia has been positive since day 1 and that our customer success team has helped you build a solution that drives effective communication across your organization. This is music to our ears!

David from J.M. Smucker CO.

Industry: Security and Investigations

Alert Media Software is great

Pros

I like the fact you can pick your option on what type of notification you want to send . I like where you can choose your events. I also like how you can access alert media through the mobile app or go through the web. The software allows you to keep track of all communications related to one incident. I really like how you can customize the message for each channel, meaning you might decide to add a custom subject line for email, or record your own voice for a voice call. I also like how you can send your message using voice call, mobile app push, email, text message, and social destinations like Facebook or Twitter and by default. I feel like your messages will send simultaneously on all selected channels and for read confirmation notifications you can choose to send your message in a cascading manner, allowing you to choose the order in which your message will be sent on the selected channels.

Cons

No I feel Alert Media has everything that I would need to conduct business with the company and its employees

Response from AlertMedia

Replied March 2021

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are focused on providing our customers with simple and flexible communication options like the ability to customize your message per channel and cascade delivery. We are so glad to hear this has been helpful for you and your team.

Taylor from JMI Equity

AlertMedia is great tool!

The customer service reps are very fast on responding. Our Alert Media account manager is very helpful and a good resource for setting up new notifications.

Pros

Very easy to create notifications and track employee response from both the app and website. Can have premade templates for multiple events, which allows for fast notifications to employees.

Cons

The notifications are not always delivered through text if there is an issue with a cell phone provider. Admins of the Alert account are not aware of this issue from the dashboard, only through their users.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear your AlertMedia experience has been positive! We recommend using Read Confirmation or Survey notifications to ensure message receiptthese notification types ask the recipient to confirm receipt and are the only way to be certain someone reads your message. Once AlertMedia delivers a message to a telecom carrier, we are reliant on the carrier to make the final delivery to the end-user and to report that delivery succeeded or failed. Not all telecom carriers provide accurate information with every delivery attempt. We hope this is helpful!

Jackie from The Phoenix Residence, Inc.

Industry: Individual & Family Services

AlertMedia Review

There are a lot of features we don't use, especially with the weather alerts. It's a little confusing sometimes with so many features. We mainly use it just as a communication source, not necessarily for the weather alerts.

Pros

We've been using AlertMedia for almost a year now. We implemented it right as COVID was ramping up and it was a great way to get ahold of staff members quickly - which was very important when we were first implementing COVID policies and procedures. It was very easy to get started and it's very easy to use. Also, our account rep is great! She gets back to us very quickly and answers all my questions.

Cons

I wish there were more design options in the email feature in particular, like ability move text and photos around, etc. I know it's not a design product, but would be a nice feature. I'm used to more design features when sending an email. Also, don't like the feature that if a contact is deleted (and then subsequently it's archived), I can't make a new contact with that same email address. To do so, I had to reach out to my account rep - would be helpful I could do that myself instead of having to reach out as an extra step.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are committed to providing our customers with an easy to use, comprehensive employee safety tool that combines critical communication, threat intelligence, and safety capabilities. There is a feature you can enable when sending a notification that allows you to customize the text in your email, add images and attachments, and move these around depending on where you'd like them positioned in your message. We will have your Customer Success Manager reach out with more information.

Richard from ICW Group

Alert Media - Right Fit for Us

We've sent numerous emergency notifications for events from Hurricanes to gas leaks. We conduct quarterly call tree tests and an annual notification exercise for the company. Employees are becoming acclimated to AlertMedia the more we use it.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality were the two things that stood out to me as far as what I liked most. The product is very easy to use. The customer service is excellent, from on-boarding to implementation to all the follow up conversations I've have had with my customer success manager Alert Media has been there to answer any and all questions. Cost effective in comparison to other products on the market.

Cons

No problems so far. We have a request for a similar but slightly different product (ticker) and even though Alert Media doesn't currently have that product. They took my request to the development team and will let us know in the future if they are able to fulfill this request. Implementation was very smooth on our end.l

Cost comparison for services provided

Cost comparison for services provided

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We're glad to hear it has been positive.

FAdi from Mark Motors Group

Great Communication Tool...

Good fit for our security patrol staff, keeping managers aware of the staff whereabouts around our sites. Helped in keeping temp layoff staff updated with latest company business decisions (COVID-related). Good tool for recurring alerts. e.g. reminding staff to fill-out the COVID self-assessments prior to entering work sites. Excellent built-in conferencing tool.

Pros

Easy to create groups and alert templates. Message templates very versatile (with formatting). Easy to setup recurring alerts. Helped during COVID high volume of communications with staff.

Cons

Would like to get more Canadian context for safety alerts and news.

Reasons for Choosing AlertMedia

AlertMedia was the most responsive during the evaluation and the assigned account team made the whole process very seamless!

Response from AlertMedia

Replied April 2021

Thank you for reviewing us! We are so glad to hear you've had a positive experience and that AlertMedia helped you keep your people safe and connected during the pandemic over the last year.

jacob from MRL

AlertMedia for Transportation Professionals

Our partners at AlertMedia have been extremely accommodating to discussing our needs and requests and they have been responsive and easy to work with!

Pros

It is an easy software to quickly disperse important information via a wide variety of message types. We can obtain a response to an evolving situation quickly and provide valuable situational updates promptly.

Cons

For our purposes, self-designing a series of dropdown messages would be extremely helpful - not only for the consistency of message being provided but also as a means to link into Microsoft Power Apps and quickly visualize trends and data through dashboards!

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear your experience has been positive. We'll have your Customer Success Manager reach out to discuss some of the exciting features that are coming soon to templatesincluding the ability to create custom dropdown choices.

Lori from Memorial Health System

Good price for the services we needed

Once we got everything straightened out, AlertMedia has been working very well for us. Much more customer service and ongoing education than with Everbridge.

Pros

The AlertMedia saved us more than 30% over what Everbridge charged us for slightly fewer services.

Cons

A little wobbly to change over and get started.

Reasons for Choosing AlertMedia

Best price for the services we needed

Reasons for Switching to AlertMedia

Everbridge was expensive and kept changing our account representative.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Katrina from Mueller Die Cut Solutions

AMAZING Communication Tool

Incredible. Any questions I have they answer within hours. The product itself has boosted our communication with employees tremendously.

Pros

Cons

The ONLY thing I can even suggest is that the implementation team take on uploading the users for clients. For us, we have about 140 employees so creating a report from our payroll system and matching it up to the upload file format wasn't too difficult but it could be for larger companies.

Reasons for Switching to AlertMedia

Nothing bad on Crew's part. Alert Media just proved to be a better communication tool for our team.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear your experience has been positive. Your Customer Success Manager is always available to help import users on your behalf. There is also a feature in AlertMedia that allows you to match your payroll system's field names to make uploads that much easier. We'll have your Customer Success Manager reach out with more information.

Christopher from Parker Drillin

Industry: Oil & Energy

Powering through a Pandemic

Health questionnaires are done daily, and it has been a pleasure working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to solve our needs.

Pros

AlertMedia was an under utilized platform prior to COVID. However, it had the capacity and capability to be used for much more. We found this platform to be an ideal messaging media to quickly have two-way communication in a variety of methods.

Cons

The only downside is the survey can only be a yes no answer format. It could be improved.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate your feedback. When sending a survey notification, you can create up to 9 custom response options and even include automated follow-up messages depending on what response your people choose. We will have your Customer Success Manager reach out with more information.

Nick from Alert Logic

Great targeted communication platform

Out of the box, this tool is used to for identifying and reacting to threats for office or remote employees. We use it slightly differently where we leverage the targeted capabilities to reach our customer base quickly and efficiently. As a Cyber Security organization, we often need to communicate details of Emerging Threats and on-going Security Incidents to keep our customers up to date. This tool offers great integration through the API toolkit and offers great reporting. The customer service is also very good.

Pros

Unlike other tools in the communication space, this tool is designed to be very targeted with a high yield of delivery rates. The speed at which you can send a communication is great, and it allows our Incident Response functions to get a message out far quicker than previously.

Cons

Although this tool is designed for threats for office and remote employees, it would be great to see it expand to natively support 'customers', and provide features such as click / open rate and e-mail previews to view what an e-mail sent to a customer actually looked like. Other than that, the tool works great.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear your experience has been positive and will be sure to share your feedback with our team.

Michael from Duininck INC / Trucking

A dispatcher's Life

The experience with AlertMedia is amazing. Like I said it cuts my time in half to get a message to over 100 people in minutes.

Pros

The software is a great tool to use for my job. I dispatch over 100 trucks with this software it cuts my time in half. I would call everyone give them the orders and then have to text them the orders so it didn't get forgot now I send one text and it calls them also.

Cons

Everything I do with AlertMedia is perfect. There is nothing i would change.

Reasons for Choosing AlertMedia

It was the best option for are company.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad to hear that we've helped cut down your time to communicate with employees in half!

Wendy from Healthgrades

Clearly customer success minded!

Amazing! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] won our account with his dedication to our questions and timely answers (even when he was on vacation!) and then the hand off to our rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was seamless. She is equally dedicated to our success with the tool and is there for us every week to answer questions and teach us more. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] partnership has given me confidence to be ready for the unexpected.

Pros

Utilization of the dashboard on my desktop computer is very easy. I have AlertMedia up all day everyday just in case. I like having a mass communication tool across channels at my fingertips.

Reasons for Choosing AlertMedia

I chose AlertMedia because I was sure they would be great partners. Also the cost and functionality of the tool was very important. It fit our needs and budget.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied June 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience with AlertMedia! We are dedicated to helping our customers succeed in moments of a crisis through an intuitive user experience and a hands-on customer success approach. We're so glad to hear that you feel more confident in your ability to keep employees safe.

Brian from Nelson Mullins

Great for knowing critical issues happening in multiple cities

This has been a useful tool to utilize in managing and communicating to multiple offices. We have 25 offices and trying to keep up with safety and weather alerts at all of them was overwhelming. This helps to manage that.

Pros

The ability to set up alerts at each of our cities where we have offices so we can be informed of issues that we need to notify our office team members. The ease at which you can send out alerts to a specific or multiple offices such as closures, etc.

Cons

Sometimes getting the alerts tweaked to where you just get what you need and not a bunch of other various alerts.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear your experience has been positive and that you are leveraging our Threat Intelligence solution to stay ahead of emergent events near your people.

Fred from Miami Marlins

Customizable!

We have been able to establish a robust mass notification solution.

Pros

We found AlertMedia to be a flexible solution to our mass notification platform, where we needed to create specific messaging for distinct groups for high frequency messaging and reporting-- we were able to develop and implement the adequate solution with ease.

Ease of use.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear your experience has been positive and appreciate your feedback on the dashboard; our goal is to keep it simple and actionable. Your customer success manager will keep you updated on exciting changes happening this year!

Kristy from CentraCare

Safe Signal helps our remote workers feel safe and secure

All staff we have interacted with at AlertMedia have been fantastic. They are knowledgeable, respond quickly and offer high quality products.

Pros

We utilize the safe signal app for our remote workers. It is easy to use, reliable and consistent. We have had enhancements in the functionality that make it even better each and every time.

Cons

I don't believe there is anything I do not like about the product.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied January 2021

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We're glad to hear your experience has been positive and that our employee safety monitoring solution helps your employees feel safe and secure.

Donna M from WIHD

Love AlertMedia!

WIHD uses AlertMedia daily for COVID contact tracing and to get a bead on our employees. We do quarterly drills, to be sure we have captured everyone's information, and use the notification system for inclement weather situations, and building issues. It was easy to set up, the support was, and is, incredible and ongoing....it was really painless!

Pros

Cons

The ability to schedule events was unavailable...until VERY recently and what a difference it made.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad to hear your experience has been positive and that you are enjoying the ability to schedule recurring events.

Glenda from KARL STORZ

Industry: Medical Devices

Steady partner

It has been a good experience. The responsiveness of our rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has really made the difference.

Pros

It's an easy tool to use and I like the notification results information

Cons

I could use a face lift. Looks a bit dated. Some functionalities could offer more detailed or customized usage.

Reasons for Choosing AlertMedia

At the time the functionality appeared more user friendly

Reasons for Switching to AlertMedia

It was not an easy product to use product, unless you used it every week. Voice translation poor.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied March 2021

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are glad to hear you find our software easy to use and have had a positive experience. We are constantly releasing new features and capabilities in AlertMedia. Coming soon are some very exciting updates to the dashboardwe will have your Customer Success Manager reach out with more information.

Jennifer from Cartwright Companies

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great communication tool!

With AlertMedia, we are able to have instant direct communication with the entire team, including those that are not at the work location. We use this tool to deliver safety messages instantly.

Pros

This is a very easy tool to use and the communication is instant. We use it for safety purposes and urgent messages. It is helpful to be able to see the team receive the text messages and know they are instantly aware of the actions, which isn't always the case with the emails.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about the software!

Response from AlertMedia

Replied September 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear you've had a positive experience with us.

Melissa from Fike Corporation

Industry: Machinery

Pros

AlertMedia is so easy to use. Our previous emergency notification software was very cumbersome. With AlertMedia, all you have to do is start typing in your message and hit send! Our implementation and support teams have been great to work with. We have streamlined the process and easily update employee contact information from our payroll database each month.

Cons

We can't auto update employee information from our payroll database to AlertMedia BUT we have streamlined the process to a few easy steps with the help of our Customer Success Manager!

Reasons for Switching to AlertMedia

We switched to AlertMedia because of how easy it is to use. We don't send notifications out to employees very often but when we do, it just takes a few minutes.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied January 2021

Phil from Silicon Valley Community Foundation

Appreciative of AlertMedia

Pros

AlertMedia did a great job of product introduction to our key administrators in our organization. As we were continuing to expand the products functionality by having numerous orientations through the review process, AlertMedia never hesitated for another request for a product demo. It made the decision to purchase the product much easier with a lot of feedback from various users. The integration and set-up was easy along with all of the helpful hints from the account manager . Appreciate the continuous product updates. I feel we have a system to now keep our employees informed and safe.

Cons

We are very happy with the product and have no suggestions for improvement.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied July 2020

Richard from Element Care Inc.

AlertMedia Customer

I have used AlertMedia a lot to notify staff about snow storms , power outages and on local shootings. It is a very quick way to communicate with our roughly 350 staff members.

Pros

I really like how we can setup different departments to send alerts. We can send to all 350 staff or select just nursing, marketing, facilities, ect. We can also send to all locations or just pick one or several of our locations at one time. I also like how we can tailor our message to an emergency like a power outage, snow storm, fire or just general information.

Cons

I currently have no suggestions for improvement. I like it just the way it is.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Getting the right message to the right person is critical during an emergency. We are glad to hear your experience has been positive!

Jennifer from Sheehy Auto Stores

Admin/Non-Purchaser Review of AlertMedia

Overall, we are very pleased with the software and, I feel, have not used it to its full capabilities. We have a fantastic customer support team that has made sure to let us know about upcoming improvements, local and national events that may affect our team members, and kept our information up to date by assisting with our weekly data upload.

Pros

Relatively easy to use once the initial setup is complete. Customer support is amazing! Variations on sending alerts to the organization for all users are great due to some of our population not having the ability to receive a text message.

Cons

Could be a personal issue, but I'm unable after multiple attempts to successfully upload our team member file without overwriting our current group structure through the system.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied April 2021

Thank you for reviewing us! We are glad to hear your experience has been positive. Import and overwrite issues can occur when you have multiple import methods running at once. We'll have your Customer Success Manager reach out with more information.

Brian from The J.M. Smucker Co

Great product

So far, so good.

Pros

Our Security Team has been using AlertMedia for the last couple of years. While we don't have to use it often, it is a nice resource for our team. A mass notification tool is critical to our everyday operation so it is important for us to have a reliable program that's easy to use, easy to train users and most importantly, reliable. AlertMedia is all of these things. It is nice to be able to easily program warnings /messages that may need to be sent out at a moments notice to ensure safety of our employees. The website is very user friendly and easy to navigate. The map function that displays people, groups and threats is also a nice touch.

Cons

While I am sure that there are things that could be tweaked for improvement, I haven't personally experienced any areas that are lacking, or that need significant updates.

Reasons for Switching to AlertMedia

I believe AlertMedia aquired Mir3??

Response from AlertMedia

Replied March 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! AlertMedia did not acquire MIR3, but we are glad that you made the switch and have had a great experience so far. We are committed to providing our customers with a simple, easy-to-use emergency communication software and have many exciting updates to the map coming soon. Be on the lookout for future announcements from your Customer Success Manager.

Josh from Grote Industries

Quick & Easy Platform for Widespread Communication

It has been a pleasurable experience with a good communication platform.

Pros

AlertMedia is easy to use and administer in a global company. I thought it would be difficult but found it to be very easy. It takes very little time to get a message in the system and pushed out to the intended audience. I really like the ability to push out notifications via email, text, phone and app. You can use them all or just one.

Cons

If you are looking for something that is intended for individual notifications, this does not work well. It is intended for widespread communication. This is not really a con for our company as we only wanted it for its' intended purpose but could be an issue for others.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear your experience has been positive. We are dedicated to providing our customers with an easy-to-use employee safety tool that can be used to communicate with both individuals and larger audiences. We will have your Customer Success Manager reach out with more information about where you can add an individual to a notification.

Lauren from DNV GL

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great for HSE

It's good. It's one of those tools that you set up and kind of forget about because you (hopefully) don't need it daily. It's easy to use, so if you haven't used it in a while then all the sudden need it, it's easy to navigate, which is important in an emergency.

Pros

It's easy to contact employees when events are near by.

Cons

It'd be nice if the software notified the administrators of events happening in the area (i.e., protests, weather events, active shooters, etc)

Response from AlertMedia

Replied January 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear your experience has been positive. AlertMedia can absolutely notify your Admins of unfolding events in the area. We will have your customer success manager reach out to share more information about this feature.

Jonas from Pinnacle Polymers

Industry: Chemicals

Feedback

Pros

The ease of use in employee mass communication. This software is very important in communicating with our employees during the COVID-19 Pandemic.

Cons

Pricepoint but ultimately you get what you pay for and that is an industry-leading mass communication application.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are so glad to hear your experience has been positive.

Kelsey from International Crankshaft Inc

Best Communication Tool

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a main point of contact for us and she has been great. The whole Alert Media team made development, set up, and training to use the product a breeze. They have also been very professional if we have any issues with a file feed, or any other problems.

Pros

This product makes it easy to communicate to close to 300 employees within seconds. We can also track who receives or does not receive the message. You can customize many options, whether you want text, email, both. Very useful tool during the COVID pandemic where meetings are obsolete.

Cons

The only issue our company has had is some people getting the message twice. Out of 300 people, we have only had 2 complaints. So I wouldn't really consider it a con.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear your experience has been positive. We'll have your customer success manager review your user data to ensure all is set up properly!

Aman from SCO Family

Easy to use mass communication software

The overall experience has been good so far. The app comes in handy specially during COVID because of frequent communication.

Pros

The intuitiveness of the application and multiple modes (phone, text, app) to communicate. Multiple group based on various categorization. Easy interface with HRIS. The set up team helped with message templates.

Cons

The set up is easy but the software can include other features such as multiple voice set up with the varied speed of speech depending on the purpose of the message.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied September 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with AlertMedia! We will share your feedback with the team. When recording a voice notification you can either choose a native language speaker from the system or you may also record the voice notification yourself by switching to the Advanced View in the notification panel. Your customer success manager will be happy to walk you through this feature as needed.

Douglas from Kahnawake Shakotiia'takehnhas Community Services

Team Leader Communications

My experience has been top notch, customer support is unsurpassed.

Pros

The ease of use, speed messages are sent and received. The level of accountability built into the system. The number of groups you can add to the system and how you give permissions to notifiers to communicate with the groups.

Cons

The only minor drawback I have found is that if someone becomes inactive in my organization i must remove them and re-add them once they return to work.

Reasons for Choosing AlertMedia

Best fit our need to contact our employees and the fact that we are able to incorporate our communities Emergency Operations Center into the mix

Response from AlertMedia

Replied November 2020

Denise from Altarum

AlertMedia To The Rescue

Pros

What I like most about this software is how easy it is to send out alerts to company wide or to department teams with the click of a few buttons. In the event of an emergency I feel confident that I will be notified quickly and effectively. This product was simple to integrate with our business and the support team is incredibly helpful anytime I have needed help.

Cons

I haven't found anything too difficult to use or understand.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear your experience has been positive.

Peter from GentleBrook

A valuable resource for our organization

Pros

This product is easy for our managers and administrators to use.

Cons

The software does have some limitations.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you for leaving a review! We're glad to hear your experience has been positive. Be sure to check in with your customer success manager on any feature requests--we're releasing new functionality quite often!

Cory from ASPCA

ASPCA Review of Alertmedia

Pros

The software is straightforward to set up and use. The implementation and tie in with Workday were seamless!

Cons

That is does not translate to multiple languages

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Chantay from Fort Washington Medical Center, Nexus Health

Excellent Software, a Must Have Product

Alertmedia allows use to speak to the masses and respond accordingly when we believe we haven't reached a full cohort of employees. It's a critical part of our communications that has helped us to gain the trust of employees and the build the credibility we needed internally. The goal now is to use it far more to communicate our pressing communications needs.

Pros

Alertmedia is intuitive, captures real time key performance indicators, and provides all the functionalities we need in an emergency software. The layout is clean and the instructions are clear. It's hard to make a mistake. It's as if the systems was built to catch errors, allowing users to forge through during an emergency or crisis with ease.

Cons

There are no cons to report at this time.

Response from Alert Media

Replied April 2019

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to hear you have had a positive experience with us.

James from JM Smucker

Industry: Security and Investigations

Staying Informed

My experience as a user has been seamless and very straightforward

Pros

I like the fact that we as a department and the company as a whole, are kept up to date on potential impactful incidents to our company nationwide

Cons

I have yet to find anything I do not like about the software

Response from AlertMedia

Replied March 2021

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We are really glad to hear that our threat intelligence content has been valuable for you and that you've had a seamless experience.

Todd from Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP

AlertMedia - Excellent Product and Service

Excellent experience. Highly recommend.

Pros

Easy deployment. Easy use. Excellent service team.

Cons

None. They evolve the product to become better all the time.

Reasons for Switching to AlertMedia

Other product was no comparison. Was only a text communication tool.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Lee from TASN ATBS

More than software

The software is great, what separates this company from competitors is the customer service. Having a dedicated professional for our team has made it easy to get help at any time, day or night.

Pros

The software has some Really nice features (geo-fencing, ability to see who has opened the messages, and scalability.

Cons

None so far. The software has been flawless and the customer service second to none.

Features, price

Response from AlertMedia

Replied October 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience with AlertMedia! We are committed to providing our customers with dedicated 1:1 support and are glad to hear your experience has been positive.

Nicole from Axogen Corporation

Industry: Biotechnology

Easy to use!

Living in Florida, we have many hurricanes in our summer/fall months.. so we now have an easy-to-use system that allows us to alert employees when a threatening storm is in our area. We want to keep our employees safe, and this is the best system to do it!

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly. As the administrative user, I appreciate step by step directions when uploading the new employees into the system, It only took me a matter of minutes!

Cons

Would like it to alert the admin users ahead of time if a bad storm is in the area.. is that possible?

Response from Alert Media

Replied April 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience! AlertMedia can absolutely alert you of weather in your area. We will have your customer success manager reach out right away to help you subscribe to weather alerts!

Curt from Arbor Research Collaborative for Health

Industry: Research

Great customer service - will spend time with you to make sure you are happy with product.

Always looking for ways to improve the software.

Pros

Easy to use, lots of features. Scheduled notifications is a great new feature!

Cons

Seems high-priced, but I believe it is worthy of the cost after you work with customer service and see everything you get.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are so glad to hear your experience has been positive.

Shannon from Browning

Hope you don't need it; glad to have it when you do!

Most importantly we can alert employees if our internet/servers are down. Prior to AlertMedia, we'd have to call them (not ideal) and couldn't use email (because the internet/server was down.) With AlertMedia: simple, single message (text to phone) and everyone is aware of the situation.

Pros

Super easy to set up and deploy to our employees. Really like being able to group employees by location, team, etc. Tool is easy to use, site is very navigable.

Cons

We haven't used it long enough for me to form an opinion about features I might like to see. So far there isn't anything I don't like about the software.

Reasons for Choosing AlertMedia

Sales rep was pleasantly tenacious, presentation was brief, simple and met our needs. Our dedicated account rep. is delightful, knowledgeable and easy to work with.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied January 2021

Thank you for leaving us a review! We're glad to hear your experience has been positive and that AlertMedia has helped simplify your communications.

Shawn from Rivkin Radler LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Our overall experience with Alert Media has been great and we find the product to be very useful.

Pros

Alert media is a great product that permits us to send company-wide notifications within seconds.

Cons

I, personally, have no issues w/ Alert Media at this time.

Response from AlertMedia

Replied February 2021