• icon"This product was simple to integrate with our business and the support team is incredibly helpful anytime I have needed help."
  • icon"We love the ability to be able to text all of our employees updates when necessary. During COVID, this has been a MUST for us."
  • icon"The customer service team is the BEST. They are very receptive to your needs and quickly respond to resolve any concerns."
  • icon"Pricepoint but ultimately you get what you pay for and that is an industry-leading mass communication application."
  • icon"It comes up with an error that no one is able to figure out. Otherwise, I can't think of anything I don't like about the core functionality of the application."
  • icon"The only issue our company has had is some people getting the message twice. Out of 300 people, we have only had 2 complaints."

Browse all AlertMedia Reviews

• Have you used AlertMedia and would like to share your experience with others?

Kyle

Great software and Support!

My experience from sale to implementation has been very good. The support team is as good as many have eluded to and both the sales and customer success teams have been very responsive and helpful. The product is heavily used in our Org and plays a critical role in communication to clients. Being able to use the product to quickly get out communication internally and externally has been a huge benefit for us. I am definitely an advocate of AlertMedia!

Pros

• Intuitive UI • Easy to implement • Great customer service! • Fast sending of notifications • Great feature set • Multi-purpose use cases

Cons

Aside from a few minor bugs and a few enhancement requests, I haven't had any significant negative experiences.

Reasons for choosing AlertMedia

Better features, faster sending, multiple use cases, better support, better product for our needs.

Reasons for switching to AlertMedia

Better features, functionality, ease of use and speed.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are so glad to hear that AlertMedia has helped you quickly communicate with your employees and customers. We are always releasing new features and product enhancementswe will have your Customer Success Manager reach out to share some of the exciting updates we have coming up.

Replied April 2021

Blane

AlertMedia Is My Go To Solution

We have realized tremendous value in taking care of our employees and their families. They know we sincerely care and have invested in their safety. AlertMedia gives me and my team the ability to monitor, prepare, alert and account for our team during hurricanes, severe weather, active shooter events, wildfires and more. It's hard to put a price on that kind of peace of mind, but AlertMedia far and away makes this return on investment one of the best we have.

Pros

Our employees are the most important part of Fairway and it's our job to protect them. The ability to contact and alert employees all over the country for any emergency situation that may impact them has been the foundation for our Crisis and Emergency Management operations. It has also been a key business driver for us and allows less disruption and the the shifting of work if needed. With AlertMedia we are able to proactively monitor our 9700 employees across the US. Our employees have been in almost every major weather event of the last three years and I have received many emails and letters of thanks for looking out for them and their families.

Cons

I have used most if not all of the main Emergency Notifications Systems on the market in my 27 years in IT, mainly Everbridge, xMatters and others where cost outweigh the benefits. AlertMedia's innovation roadmap and customer input has made then stand out. With this close relationship AlertMedia has with its customers we see new features added to help provide us better situational awareness.

Reasons for choosing AlertMedia

When I came to build the business continuity program I was on my own and I needed a solution that was easy to use, price was right and one I knew would scale with me. AlertMedia has exceeded my expectations not just with the product but with the support as well.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We are dedicated to helping our customers keep their people safe and informed through any critical event that comes their way and it truly makes our day to hear that AlertMedia has helped you proactively protect your people through so many severe weather events.

Replied March 2021

Angela

AlertMedia review

We use it as a part of our BCP communication tool and it's effective

Pros

Can communicate with the group through various communication tools including email, sms and app message and get instant responses.

Cons

I sometimes see errors such as a message did not delivered to everyone

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for your feedback. Message delivery is critical to our platform. Oftentimes message errors indicate the need to update contact data or an issue with the cell carrier. We'll have your Customer Success Manager reach out to provide more details.

Replied January 2021

Travis

September 2022

Highly recommended for your organization and safety of your employees.

My organization uses AlertMedia to communicate efficiently in the event of an emergency. With our field teams spread out across the country, it is crucial to have a tool like AlertMedia as another digital and communication tool in our repertoire.

Pros

I like that you can mass communicate efficiently and effortlessly.

Cons

The automatic threat intelligence notification is in a different pricing tier, and I feel it should be offered in the base tier.

Reasons for choosing AlertMedia

AlertMedia had a wonderful presentation and seemed to fit our company's needs more than the competitors. Also, the pricing was much more reasonable.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for your review, Travis! We're so happy to hear that you find using AlertMedia effortless and that it helps you keep your dispersed employees connected.

Replied October 2022

Will

Industry: Building Materials

February 2022

Quality and Excellent Service

Very satisfied with my experience, so far. We have had a few issues come up and the responsiveness of the AlertMedia leadership jumping in and address the issues was a testament to their dedication to meeting the needs of their customers.

Pros

A key feature AlertMedia has that others don't, allows our production facility to check off individuals we see safely outside. Not all employees have their cell phone/ device with them while they are on the production floor. Those individuals that are unable to respond with their status, need to be located and checked off. We need to be able to respond on their behalf when we see that they have safely evacuated so we know who is and is not accounted for. App navigation is easy.

Cons

(no opt out option for employees) A profile has to be created for each employee and in order to do that an email or phone number has to be provided. An employee cannot exist in the system without email or phone number. Some employees don't want an email or phone call or text or alert from the app and would rather just follow their coworkers. We have to have them in the system for evacuation reasons, and we cant make up a number or email or use a supervisors email, the system catches that and wont proceed with creating the employee.

Reasons for choosing AlertMedia

It helped us address current needs, and set us up well for some future needs. The cost is higher than some but the customer service that comes with it, well worth it. I was not able to find a company that matched AlertMedia with dedicated service at no additional cost, that was in the same ballpark in terms of price point.

Reasons for switching to AlertMedia

The options at AlertMedia far surpassed the previous program we used.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for your review! It makes our day to hear that you've had a great experience with AlertMedia and our dedicated support teams. If you would like to offer your people a way to opt-in or out of AlertMedia, we offer a customizable registration page that you can circulate internally for employees to easily elect to receive notifications.

Replied March 2022

Transitioning Emergency Notification Systems

AlertMedia is the most user friendly version of Emergency Notification software that I have ever used. It is extremely easy to navigate and all of the options available are almost self explanatory and all of our Notification admins have no issue using the system because of this.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

There are times that the map feature seems to freeze and I need to refresh the page to get items to appear.

Reasons for choosing AlertMedia

The price of the AlertMedia system was much more reasonable compared to the product that we switched from. However, after switching it became very obvious that AlertMedia was the superior product. The system is extremely user friendly and all of our Notification Admins across the country were pleased with how easy the system is to navigate compared to the other product that we were using.

Reasons for switching to AlertMedia

It was not my decision to make the switch in Emergency Notification systems, however, I know the cost of the product had a lot to do with the switch.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear your experience has been positive.

Replied February 2021

Simple, easy to use tool for timely communications on a variety of platforms.

Connecting quickly with employees on updates with high timeliness.

Pros

1. The ability to set up flexible preset messages. If there's an emergency, you can save significant time by having everything you need ready to go. Also nice that there's the option for repeated reminders until the receiver confirms they've read the message. 2. The option to blast out to a variety of platforms (e.g., call, text, desktop computer, email) to ensure you're meeting people where they are.

Cons

Excited for them to build out more proactive alerts and support.

Reasons for choosing AlertMedia

Great automation, UI, features, and support.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear your experience has been positive. Your Customer Success Manager would be happy to share more information with you regarding some of the latest updates to our proactive alerts.

Penny

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Critical Tool for all Crisis Leaders

We've been very pleased with the responsive of the AlertMedia team and the ease of the product. They are constantly looking at ways on how to help their customers.

Pros

Not only is the product so easy and helpful, the culture of AlertMedia and their team is fantastic! We are so happy with them.

Cons

The map feature runs off town names and not zip codes

Reasons for switching to AlertMedia

Too expensive and it was not an all inclusive platform

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear your experience has been positive and will be sure to bring your feedback to our team.

Bryce

Industry: Food Production

Alert Media Customer Review

Mass communications for weather alerts

Pros

Alert Media is much more user friendly than the last software we were using.

Cons

As of now I haven't had any cons with using this software

Reasons for choosing AlertMedia

Alert Media was the most user friendly for our company to use

Reasons for switching to AlertMedia

We made the switch to cut on costs and for a more user friendly platform

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are committed to providing our customers with an intuitive, easy-to-use platform and are so glad to hear your experience has been positive.

Micaela

September 2022

Great system.

Overall service has been great. Representatives have always been very speedy in responses, and extremely helpful if anything is needed. Excited to roll this alert system out to our community soon.

Pros

The software is very user friendly, and the platform is easy to use. Great resource guides and FAQs.

Cons

Can't alphabetize alerts on public page. Otherwise, haven't identified any cons!

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for leaving us a review! It makes our day to hear that you find AlertMedia easy to use and our support helpful. We're always enhancing our product with feedback from customers like youthank you for sharing.

Replied September 2022

HALLIE

Industry: Maritime

So Much More than an Emergency Communications Tool

Our experience with AlertMedia has been phenomenal. As the head of Strategic Planning, I implement a lot of software. This has by far been the easiest implementation. From researching the company, presenting the added value to the executive team for consideration, contract negotiations with our legal department, and implementation of our niche departments with varying needs, it has been great. The responsiveness of our Customer Success Manager is fabulous - I'm talking under an hour most times. Truly great experience all the way around.

Pros

This product is so easy to use. It answered multiple needs for our company and allows other admins to take charge of their departments thus alleviating the administrative burden on the top-tier administrator. Buy-in is always a concern when considering a software purchase. With this product, the feedback I have received from department or regional managers is, "If anyone says this is hard to use, they should be fired." This is a win on multiple levels. Plus, all communication is organized and stored for reference later if need be - no endless emails or texts to track down.

Cons

There are some very specific use cases that the graphical data does not support. However, our success manager was amazing at listening to our needs, evaluating the system's capabilities, and providing a solution that works for us. When I say solution, I am not talking about a workaround that kind of gives us what we need, it answers our need. We just got there via a different path than expected.

Reasons for choosing AlertMedia

The value of having an emergency communications system along with the system's ability to address operational communication needs was a big factor. We have many non-traditional departments where our employees are not sitting in front of a computer. Critical information was often not seen in a timely fashion or at all. Reliable text-based communication allowed a better way to communicate critical information and allowed us to discontinue the use of non-effective email addresses. When comparing our email domain cost vs Alert Media for our employees, it just made sense. The smooth process, honest sales presentations, and phenomenal customer support are the icing on the cake. Alert Media is a great company to partner with.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that your experience with AlertMedia has been positive since day 1 and that our customer success team has helped you build a solution that drives effective communication across your organization. This is music to our ears!

Industry: Security and Investigations

Alert Media Software is great

Pros

I like the fact you can pick your option on what type of notification you want to send . I like where you can choose your events. I also like how you can access alert media through the mobile app or go through the web. The software allows you to keep track of all communications related to one incident. I really like how you can customize the message for each channel, meaning you might decide to add a custom subject line for email, or record your own voice for a voice call. I also like how you can send your message using voice call, mobile app push, email, text message, and social destinations like Facebook or Twitter and by default. I feel like your messages will send simultaneously on all selected channels and for read confirmation notifications you can choose to send your message in a cascading manner, allowing you to choose the order in which your message will be sent on the selected channels.

Cons

No I feel Alert Media has everything that I would need to conduct business with the company and its employees

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are focused on providing our customers with simple and flexible communication options like the ability to customize your message per channel and cascade delivery. We are so glad to hear this has been helpful for you and your team.

Replied March 2021

Lisa

Unexpected Benefit

Pros

We implemented Alert Media to help with emergency communications to our employees. Who knew it would become a daily screening tool during a pandemic? When COVID-19 struck, Alert Media quickly sent out information to assist administrators in setting up daily screening questions to track COVID-19. We are now using the product to track vaccinations as well. Customer service is excellent too! They have frequent webinars on the product and new features they are offering.

Cons

This is more of a suggestion for enhancement versus a con. It would be great to have the ability to design a more detailed, expanded survey. Also would be nice if local emergency information was not an additional fee.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for reviewing us! We are glad to hear that AlertMedia helped you keep your people safe and connected throughout this pandemic. We value customer feedback and will be sure to share your survey suggestion with our team. All AlertMedia customers have access to our global and local Threat Intelligence data through the Map in the web and mobile appswe'll have your Customer Success Manager reach out with more information.

Replied April 2021

Taylor

AlertMedia is great tool!

The customer service reps are very fast on responding. Our Alert Media account manager is very helpful and a good resource for setting up new notifications.

Pros

Very easy to create notifications and track employee response from both the app and website. Can have premade templates for multiple events, which allows for fast notifications to employees.

Cons

The notifications are not always delivered through text if there is an issue with a cell phone provider. Admins of the Alert account are not aware of this issue from the dashboard, only through their users.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for your review, we are glad to hear your AlertMedia experience has been positive! We recommend using Read Confirmation or Survey notifications to ensure message receiptthese notification types ask the recipient to confirm receipt and are the only way to be certain someone reads your message. Once AlertMedia delivers a message to a telecom carrier, we are reliant on the carrier to make the final delivery to the end-user and to report that delivery succeeded or failed. Not all telecom carriers provide accurate information with every delivery attempt. We hope this is helpful!

Jackie

Industry: Individual & Family Services

AlertMedia Review

There are a lot of features we don't use, especially with the weather alerts. It's a little confusing sometimes with so many features. We mainly use it just as a communication source, not necessarily for the weather alerts.

Pros

We've been using AlertMedia for almost a year now. We implemented it right as COVID was ramping up and it was a great way to get ahold of staff members quickly - which was very important when we were first implementing COVID policies and procedures. It was very easy to get started and it's very easy to use. Also, our account rep is great! She gets back to us very quickly and answers all my questions.

Cons

I wish there were more design options in the email feature in particular, like ability move text and photos around, etc. I know it's not a design product, but would be a nice feature. I'm used to more design features when sending an email. Also, don't like the feature that if a contact is deleted (and then subsequently it's archived), I can't make a new contact with that same email address. To do so, I had to reach out to my account rep - would be helpful I could do that myself instead of having to reach out as an extra step.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are committed to providing our customers with an easy to use, comprehensive employee safety tool that combines critical communication, threat intelligence, and safety capabilities. There is a feature you can enable when sending a notification that allows you to customize the text in your email, add images and attachments, and move these around depending on where you'd like them positioned in your message. We will have your Customer Success Manager reach out with more information.

Richard

Alert Media - Right Fit for Us

We've sent numerous emergency notifications for events from Hurricanes to gas leaks. We conduct quarterly call tree tests and an annual notification exercise for the company. Employees are becoming acclimated to AlertMedia the more we use it.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality were the two things that stood out to me as far as what I liked most. The product is very easy to use. The customer service is excellent, from on-boarding to implementation to all the follow up conversations I've have had with my customer success manager Alert Media has been there to answer any and all questions. Cost effective in comparison to other products on the market.

Cons

No problems so far. We have a request for a similar but slightly different product (ticker) and even though Alert Media doesn't currently have that product. They took my request to the development team and will let us know in the future if they are able to fulfill this request. Implementation was very smooth on our end.l

Cost comparison for services provided

Cost comparison for services provided

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We're glad to hear it has been positive.

FAdi