All ClickUp Reviews

Allen

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

ClickUp Review: Jump Right In.

Beatrice

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

ClickUp review

PROS

What I liked about ClickUp is that it is effective in task management due to collaboration tools such as file attachments, and document sharing. These tools helped my team to stay coordinated and manage tasks collectively, improving our overall efficiency

CONS

At the beginning of using ClickUp, i found it difficult to use because of its complexity. ClickUp requires time and effort to master.

John Epok

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Extensive Project Management Platform

My overall experience was pleasant as generally, coming from Google Sheets, Click Up is a way lot better in terms of project management.

PROS

Tons of features to use. Gives holistic view of projects and provide tracking notification on what needs to be done on a certain day versus deadline. Tasks can be assigned via POCs and group of POCs and they will get a notification for it. Project duration can be tracked through summation on start and end time.

CONS

As a first time user, these tons of features can be intimidating hence it would need a few hours to be familiarized on all the features.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

By far the selection criteria involves pricing and tons of useful features and Click Up was able to satisfy both.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Google Sheets can be very messy and manual hence we've looked into a more automated solution that is Click Up.

Bing

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Beware if you plan to subscribe!

PROS

Colourful interface? Not easy to use. Colourful interface? Not easy to use.

CONS

I am deeply disappointed with ClickUp's handling of my recent refund request. I paid for 1 year starting from February 2024, but later found some key features that are not available for my use cases, plus the exported data from ClickUp is not usable which leads to ClickUp is useless for me. I downgraded to the free plan in Jun 2024, despite not using their service for the rest of 8 months, they refused to refund my fees. This lack of flexibility and poor customer support is unacceptable. I expected better from a company that claims to prioritize customer satisfaction. Beware if you plan to subscribe—ClickUp does not honor fair refund practices.

Esteban

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

I migrated 2 years ago and it was the best decision

I migrated to clikup from trello and it was an amazing decision because of it's visuals, ease to use and the amount of automations and information I can add about my customers, from how much they owe me, to the fact of knowing how many sessions I conduct in a month according to the part of the world they are in.

PROS

I like the fact that all the functionalities as well as the automations have made my worklife and customer follow-up much easier

CONS

Some of the functions are not so clear to me on how to use them, so I may probably be missing out on better things for my company

Reason for choosing ClickUp

I still find clickup better, it gives me a broader view of my business and I really like how I can engage with it.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Because of the amount of funcitonalities and ease to use, and not to mention the automations!!

Tom

E-Learning, 1 employee

No PDF export for whiteboards > Disgusted of my work, I quit

Very attractive at first... Easy to setup and start. Just make sure to dig if you'll be able to share your work before you go too far into your investment.

PROS

Nice interface, nice portability... IF YOU DON'T USE WHITEBOARDS !!!!

CONS

Whiteboard SUCKS. No whiteboards on mobiles, and no pdf export to share a strategy or a project plan with your customers or partners. I'm disgusted to have invested the time to draw my all-year project. (I actually never came to review a software before, I lost so many hours that I'm willing to make you save a few by reading this).

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Couldn't draw in notion (or didn't find how to do it easily)

10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2024

It is a good tool for big teams and for starters

It is a good tool for big teams because you can assign people for specific tasks, I like it that once you get a hold of it, it’s easy to use and it helps to have more control of projects and tasks.

PROS

I like the fact that you can have multiple projects with their tasks and assign people to them. You can also drag and reposition tasks as more come up. It is possible to view and change their priority level.

CONS

It is not very intuitive, I feel like the project part and also so many features can be confusing.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

More functionalities, I also switched because I’m in a bigger team with different teams and performing different tasks that involve more people.

Ziva

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

ClickUp allows us to efficiently collaborate and manage our sales projects.

ClickUp has really helped us improve on the management of our sakes projects. It allows us to work together as a team and collaborate on all the tasks we have. The experience with ClickUp has been super beneficial and it has allowed us to have smooth flow of operations during projects.

PROS

ClickUp offers us a team working platform that help us to work together and collaborate on each single stage of our sales projects. It makes our team communications very smooth and clear to everyone. It has super amazing work organization tools that help us plan and organize our work in a more productive way. It allows us to bring all necessary details about our projects under one space which promotes easy access to everyone on the team.

CONS

It has been a fantastic experience with ClickUp and nothing has been amiss. There has been nothing no to love about ClickUp.

Nomusa

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

ClickUp for a better project management

ClickUp provides insights into project progress, team performance, and workload through customizable dashboards and reporting tools. This visibility allows stakeholders to make informed decisions and track key metrics.

PROS

ClickUp is accessible across devices, including web browsers, desktop applications, and mobile apps (iOS and Android). ClickUp facilitates collaboration through features like comments, mentions, and real-time editing.

CONS

Some users may have concerns about storing sensitive information on a third-party platform. Too much customization or complex workflows can lead to confusion or inefficiencies if not implemented thoughtfully

Rakesk

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Quite Responsive Multiple Marketing Projects Management Tool.

Impressive project data management and easy project reporting solution which allows easy employees data management.

PROS

ClickUp is a very easy and friendly product on manipulation and on project workflow and task management and even the scheduling using this platform is productive. The teams can easily collaborate and share important marketing content through this package and version control functions are perfect.

CONS

I got absolutely nothing which i can dislike from this platform and also the features performance is nice.

Kam Ling

Staffing and Recruiting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Align your tasks to your goals

PROS

While not a popular feature used, I like the goal-setting feature where I can align my daily tasks to the goals, ensuring what I work on on a daily basis are contributing to the bigger goal.

CONS

I hope it's easy to link a task to the goal from the goal page. So I can look at the goal, and think of the list of tasks I can work on today that will contribute to the goal.

Olden

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

ClickUP: Efficient and user friendly project management.

My overall experience with ClickUP has been good. I found the platform to be user friendly and intuitive making it easy to organize and manage tasks and projects.

PROS

I liked about ClickUP integrates with a variety of other tools and platforms such as Google Drive, Slack and Trello, allowing for seamless workflow management.

CONS

ClickUP is overwhelming with it's numerous features and customization options, which can make it difficult to navigate and use efficiently.

Laura

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

ClickUp is the best way to productivity

ClickUp's extensive features make it ideal for businesses who need to automate procedures and workflows and may serve a wide variety of customers. This works wonderfully for us as a business. For businesses with fewer customers and fewer personnel who need transparency and procedures, it may be overkill.

PROS

ClickUp is used to efficiently monitor tasks and time spent. ClickUp has been a fantastic assistance in supplying documentation and tracking right time on each work, as well as keeping the data logged securely so that we can examine it at any time.

CONS

It would be wonderful if the recurring tasks were less buggy. Automation software that makes use of pre-existing applications. Having a Reminder System That Works Outside of the House.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Before we started utilizing ClickUp, there was almost no transparency when it comes to employees knowing or comprehending their daily duties. It was also difficult to meet deadlines since project managers lacked the information they needed to see the status of their projects at a glance.

Reviewed October 2019

Informal Project Management Software

Overall ClickUp is pretty good. I certainly have no outstanding negatives to mention, I simply haven't found it to be anything like indispensable, yet. I would be delighted if it turns out to be useful enough to become so, but so far ClickUp is just a slightly more sophisticated list manager.

PROS

ClickUp is immediately accessible to the new user, and offers the functionality that I was looking for in what I'm calling 'informal project management software'. In my work I am regularly tasked with solo projects that often stretch out over months, solving business infrastructure challenges and forwarding long-term wants to bring the desired outcomes to fruition. I needed a tool that allowed me to record the extremely varied elements without having a structure that forced me to adapt my adaptations to the tool. ClickUp is flexible enough to use in this context. I had tried a fair amount of other solutions which didn't work for me, for whatever reason. So far so good with ClickUp

CONS

I'm using the free tool, and so am lacking access to some of the more powerful tools, like Gantt Charts. I have not yet bonded sufficiently with ClickUp to take seriously the idea of paying for it; it is currently just a pretty to-do list. That's the minimum I need it to be, but if I get interested in some of the other tools who knows?

Reason for choosing ClickUp

I had tried Trello, Any-Do List, Remember the Milk, Google Keep (which I still use but not for to-do/task management) but none were really doing what I wanted in the way I wanted it done. Neither does ClickUp, so far, but it comes closer to (or is less distant from) my vaguely imagined ideal.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

I had tried Asana but found that for whatever reason I and the tool did not gel in the slightest. For this kind of tool I need to find using it fun, to take the very minor drudgery of recording updates to projects away and to make me enjoy that part of managing projects. ClickUp is a little more pleasing to me personally.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Clickups lived up to the promise when Jira couldn't

We use clickups to manage a range of projects across different areas. Software development, bug fixing, SEO and SEO and of course content management on behalf of the clients.

PROS

Switching from Jira to Clickups was very easy. We were already working in agile manner and the team was across workflows. Clickups just provided a faster easier mechanism to achieve better results.

CONS

At first it looked like there were way too many options and configurations to Clickups, but after jumping in the ease of use made the complexity disappear.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

Ease of use and performance.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Jira is tired and old fashioned. Clickups has a slick UX using modern single page application architecture. They did not have 15+ years of installed base to keep happy along with an application which is still basically fill in the form and submit. As a result Clickups (and I suspect others) have built an application which smashes Jira for performance and UX. It is such a pleasure to be able to drag stuff into lists as you need it, get self calculating columns, where you need them and allow the dev, QA and client delivery team to just get their work done without the clunky UX or performance of an old architected application. Click here and instantly everything updates. Automations are simple and easy to configure without messing around and work as expected straight away. We never get logged out mid step due to some obscure issue they have with their architecture.

Alec

Law Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

ClickUp really is one application to replace them all!

I came to ClickUp after trialing several different project management options and was genuinely surprised at how easy and practical it was to setup. There is definitely a learning curve, but I found it to be user intuitive once I had the foundations covered. I have been able to successfully replace 5 other applications and enjoy significant cost savings in addition to the many other benefits of using one tool to run my entire firm. I find myself instinctively going to ClickUp upon needing to manage tasks and projects, it's the one tool I have open in a maximised window all day whilst I work.

PROS

I found ClickUp to offer every feature I needed in order to achieve my goal of replacing and consolidating several offerings into one. I can login to ClickUp and know that my entire law firm is accessible to me and I can check on one screen and have in front of me all of the tasks and information I need for the day.

CONS

I originally avoided ClickUp because I found the marketing and design of the application to be too casual and amateur. It seems the company has matured over the past few years and appears suitable for use in a traditional law firm environment.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Better functionality and significant cost savings.

Hey, Alec! We truly appreciate the time that you are taking to share details about your experience: the good, the bad, and the ugly! We can take it, we promise! It is unfortunate that our ads and marketing caused such a reaction. Please know that this is not our intention. Thanks so much for giving ClickUp a try! We understand that it can take some time to become familiar with all of our features! We have quite a few options to help you and your team if you still need assistance! ClickUp University is the best way to learn ClickUp fundamentals. It is free, on-demand, and your team can access it 24/7! You can learn more about ClickUp University and sign up here: https://university.clickup.com/! Please feel free to reach out to us via chat or email at help@clickup.com to discuss the available resources. Have an amazing and productive day!

Replied May 2022

Mehandi

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

ClickUp Genuine Review

I am managing my Team, Projects, New Clients, New Business Ideas, Tracking Time taken per tasks and improving the Productivity, Scaling the Team.

PROS

Things which I like about ClickUp are:- 1) There is no alternative of ClickUp with respect to Features and Pricing. 2) TimeTracking ( which is a paid feature in other softwares like:- Asana, is freely available) 3) We can Hide Projects from other teammates ( even if we are on the free version of it) 4) The FREE Version of ClickUp is beating the Paid Version of so many other similar softwares. 5) Direct integration with the 3-rd Party tools wothout the use of Zapier, Integromat, IFTTT, Zoho Flow, Microsoft Flow, Integrately, Pabble Connect etc.

CONS

Nothing is missing in ClickUp but continuous evalutaion and development for making it even more better is always needed. ClickUp is one of it's kind in the market now adays.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

There were so many features in Asana which were on the paid version of Asana such as :- 1) Time Tracking 2) Hiding Projects from other team mates 3) 3rd - Party Integrations 4) Customer Support is not that strong

Melissa

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Useful software for managing projects and tasks

It's a breeze to keep track of everything. All tasks may be monitored in a highly dynamic way. It is incredibly easy to distribute feature releases with non-technical employees in a highly effective manner. Many issues, such as tying PRs to tasks and monitoring their status, may be resolved by integrating GitHub with ClickUp.

PROS

I like how tasks are organized by status and how many columns are available for each work. Every day, I utilize ClickUp's time-tracking tool to estimate project completion dates, and I love how simple it is to organize tasks involving many different participants.

CONS

It took me a long time to figure out several problems with ClickUp. One improvement occurred to me after a few minutes of contemplation. A green dot appears on the profile of someone who isn't using ClickUp, making it appear as if they are online. Those who are utilizing may appear to be disconnected from the Internet at times.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

The most essential aspect of clickup has been the degree of organization that it has brought to implement both with the duties and with the time management of each one of my coworkers.

Keith