• Pros

• "The breadth of capabilities. It shows us so much information."

• "Easy of use. Reporting. The staff seems to like watching their daily ranking."

• "Time tracking for internet website usage is very helpful to refer back to when trying to figure out where the time went in a day. "

• Cons

• "There isn't really anything, the set up is a little odd at first but once you do the first few it becomes very easy. "

• "hard to compare month by month, to adrese beter time management "

• "Missing set of features like automatic private time, adding scheduled breaks etc."

Browse DeskTime Reviews

Kaila from Investment Properties Mexico

Awesome! i love that it keeps exact track of what i or my team does daliy

Pros

It´s a great tool to keep track of what everyone is doing, when do they start working, when they leave, and how much of the day they are actually productive.

Cons

it would be awesome if you could break down even more specifically which file you were working on on seeveral programs, and not just the program as a whole, so i have to use another app to track that, for example if i use photoshop all day i would like to know how much time i spent on each file, so i have to track this ¨manualy¨ with another app.

Barbara from PetroPages

A Real Lifesaver

There are things I am good at, but keeping track of my time is not one. I had searched for a few years trying different programs, or plug-ins, or techniques and I always ended up with "time holes" in my day. And then I found Desktime. It starts when my computer comes up and starts tracking automatically. I use Chrome and have the extension for Desktime that captures the URLs of sites I visit so I can also keep track of what I was working on by where I was on the Internet. And then there is the Project's feature. It is super simple to set up a new project, and as easy as choosing from a dropdown list when you need to switch from one project to another for individual job tracking. In the course of a day I rarely work on one thing and then the next and so on. It is more of a series of hopping from one job to another and back again and the ease of switching between projects makes that a non-issue. And because no person is perfect Desktime also has a Private Time feature. There is also the ability to keep up with how long meetings are or lunch even because Desktime tracks offline time. When your computer is idle for more than a few minutes Desktime stops counting time. When you come back, in the timeline there is a gap to which you can assign whatever may be appropriate. If it was a production meeting, click in the blank space and a pop-up comes up and you can tell it what you were doing, what project it was for, if applicable and even if the time was productive or not. I suppose depending on the meeting that could be subjective. And if you were out to lunch, leave it blank and no time is recorded so that at the end of the day you have an accurate record of how much "desktime" you have put in. It is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Pros

Time tracking without thinking.

Cons

I really wish it would track minutes in unites of 100, like time has to be submitted for payroll. The hour time is not a factor but the minutes, it is always 38 min x .60 to get time to submit. Or if not doing the actual math, it is looking it up on a conversion chart. Just give me an option to track it how I need it to.

Taras from CSIA

It looks more complicated than year ago.

I am using DeskTime for personal use (motivate myself to work hard and more careful ). I did the pause for using your tool and after the pause in 1 year, I feel more difficult with DeskTime. I had the issue with assigning some tool to the certain activity. I am not sure but I have to fill that same tool could be in productive and unproductive depend on time. For example, I spend some time for studying on work PC after work hours. During the work hour, my learning tool is unproductive but after this is productive. I don't see a possibility to switch.

Response from Draugiem Group

Replied August 2019

Hello, Taras! Thank you for your review. Over these years DeskTime has improved its features quite a lot, working on making the app more intuitive to use. While we can not offer to change productivity of apps in regards to time, you can always use the 'Private time' option to use your computer for non-work related activities - DeskTime will not track any time while this option is enabled.

Hsiang from Tenten Creative

I use Desktime everyday!

We're a small web design and development company here in Taiwan with about 10-15 person. We use Desktime on our daily work to track the productivity of our colleagues, though it is not used as a key for employee's evaluation, but it is definitely a tool to help our company boost their attention, which also comes with a good healthy competition, and we will award the best employee of the month thru it. There's a lot of Desktime we like which we don't usually see on other apps, those includes some automatic detection of the website if they're productive or not, we can also add projects for special tracking, we can also limit the users from their IPs incase they're abusing it at home, lol. I think Desktime is actually lack of some marketing, it is a worthy competition to Rescue Time, you should give it a try! ;)

Pros

Some features such as project controls, site controls, groups, etc.

Cons

The price and app stability I guess

Viktor from ForeverSpin

Fantastic Service, yet Needs Direction

A great service that allows tracking and reporting on computer use - its scalability, ease of installation and general ease of use allow it work very well for my organization and for many others, I assume. That said, there are several features that were available previously that are no longer baseline. It is important for DeskTime to determine exactly in which direction they want to push their features and their tracking, as the inability to track activity in one way, may avoid a need for DeskTime altogether. Specifically, allowing the reporting to break down a users' actions within a given hour has disappeared from the transition of Desktime to New Desktime and this feature specifically allows us to gather insights. All-in-all, Desktime is a very powerful tool for management and for reporting and team performance assessment, yet could take an extra step in defining some key features. More desktop alerts, stronger hour-reporting, and offline time mapping would all help in making Desktime the ultimate tool for time management.

Pros

-Great reporting for activities -Administrative rights are defined correctly

Cons

-Lacking significant alerts -Private time can't be mapped to specific periods within the day -Full-screen applications override private-time notifications

Ivan from Partner Nexus Inc.

Light and simple, does what it has to do.

This software is an essential part of our performance evaluation mechanism, allowing users to track their time, and classify it based on the tasks they are working on.

Pros

We're running a distributed organization and have been using DeskTime since they were a small startup. It works perfectly on desktop/laptop machines (duh!) but we haven't tried using it on mobile devices (since we only use it for tracking office crew hours).

Cons

"Time at work" stat is a little bit confusing and is meant for linear days (e.g. if you log in for 15 mins at midnight, just to check your email, it will think that it's the start of a working day, and when you log in back in the morning, the time at work will be 8 hrs, so we learnt to ignore this stat completely.

Nic from A&H

Management of time

I've been using desktime for years for the managament of time spent in front of a pc. It's possible to track any activity you perform on pc in terms of time spent. This is useful to categorize where your time is addressed over the weeks and months, and highlighting where some time is wasted in unproductive activities. Very nice the chance to create projects, where you can select particular activities. Also the time on the internet is tracked, making it possible to judge your web navigation in productive or unproductive.

Pros

it make it simple and fun your time tracking both for job related or for spare time activities.

Horatiu from Hola SRL

Perfect solution for measuring project durations

I've been using Desktime for over a year and I'm very pleased with how everything worked out so far. After trying several project monitoring solutions I think it is safe to say that this is one of the best

Pros

Well, I use this app mostly for project duration monitoring which works great. Also, the productivity and efficiency calculators are pretty amazing

Cons

It would be great to have some detailed reports on projects. For example, see a list of projects where you can select a project and see more details about it. I know there is something similar, but works only on maximum monthly.

AAYUSH from HYBRENT TECHNOLOGIES PRIVATE LIMITED

DeskTime

Pros

Its economical, easy to use, really helpful, easily accessable, saves alot of time, manages your work hours.

Cons

Sometime its not that accurate about your working time which can effect your payroll.

Monitors pc activity

This is a must-have tool ver every professional. It will help you to be in good health and do your job more effectively.

Pros

I need to keep an eye on my monitor for possible data bridge, so I installed desk time to get all the URL and drive and keep an eye on activity. I found desktime can do much more. Now I use it to log time and manage my work also keep a track of my working so I can rehydrate and work much better. The alarm rings every 20 min to remind me to get some rest and rehydrate.

Cons

I don't use a lot of features for desk time and I will update if I found any bugs here. The price is really affordable compared to the competition.

Janis from JNG Marketing Solutions

A Great Way to Monitor the Productivity For Yourself and For Your Team

I use it personally to monitor my time spent and to analyze my productivity. Where is my time going? What applications am I using, how much time I'm spending on different tasks or projects? I love that I can also log off-line time on the computer or mobile phone. This tool is even better when used for a team monitoring. I can see how many hours every employee spends in certain apps, projects or tasks. I can see when they start and end their workday, and I see their productivity ratio.

Pros

Cross-platform compatibility (MacOS-X, Windows, iOS, Android), Simplicity, Beautiful design, simple application assignment

Cons

I'd love to drill into details about a certain time period, productivity status etc. For example, if I have a block of an unproductive period, I'd like to be able to click on it in a report to see where have I spent the unproductive time (or productive, or neutral).

My time. Decoded

Mostly positive.

Pros

I love the insights into how my time is distributed across applications and websites. I definitely use it passively, but occasionally I check in to see how my time breaks down. I just let it run in the background and check the dashboards for fun. Once upon a time, I pitched it to the leadership at an organization where I worked, but it was early in the product's maturity so that didn't pan out. I'm a longtime fan and I'm pleased with how the feature set has evolved.

Cons

I believe the pricing structure is misaligned with customer segments. This is more relevant to corporations than to individuals. It's a nice to have for me, but I can live without it if I must pay. This would fall into the category of something that should be extended to workers for free, but at a cost to organizations with two or more users. Extend more features to single license accounts.

Pete from IT Consulting

Desktime Review

Time entry accuracy is 100% using desktime. Working for an MSP as an engineer makes for fast-paced days. It’s hard to stay 100% up-to-date on time entry as a result. Having desktime to track your time and allow you to review screenshots of your day make it easy to go back and enter time for days that became too hectic to update tinesheets.

Pros

Desktime really assists with ensuring time entries are accurate and detailed. The screenshot feature allows me to calture specifically what I was working on at any given time during days that are too busy to stop and enter time. The graph that shows what applications you were in, and active/idle time makes it easy to enter breaks for those days as well.

Cons

I’d only request that the applications you are in show the title of the document you were working in on the graph.

Rune from Eilertsen Design&Foto

Industry: Graphic Design

Almost there:)

I'm using DeskTime as a logger for my freelance work and refers to the data collected when sending invoices. The new addition of tasks are great and gives me a better organized workflow. One thing I'm missing is the ability to select one task and see the total amount of time spent on the task, regardless of what month or day. Just like a task-summary. For me the "projects" are customer and "task" are projects for that customer. Overall I'm very satisfied with DeskTime and wouldn't mind paying a few bucks if the program could be a little more tailored for freelance work.

Pros

Looks great. Many good features

Cons

Not tailored enough for freelance work

Corey from TrainerRoad LLC

Nice Software but Unfortunately Not Useful for My Particular Team

I really enjoyed DeskTime for personal use. Sadly, a few of our team members tested out the software and we found that it just wasn't what we were looking for as a company. To be clear, we did not end up choosing a competing software. Instead, we decided that it wasn't in the best interests of our team to constantly track minute-by-minute productivity.

Pros

My favorite feature was the productivity tracker. As part of my job, I'm constantly getting interrupted or distracted throughout the day. Using the productivity tracker allowed me to see what time during the day I was able to be most productive an allowed me to schedule important tasks during those times.

Cons

There were a few things that felt a little intrusive. I see the necessity for them in other companies, but for our own, we didn't like the idea of being able to take screenshots of our agents computer screens or track all of their web activity.

Taras "Ty" from Partner Nexus, Inc.

DeskTime is Wonderful, Everything you need to keep track of employee productivity

Being able to track employee productivity in a work-from-home remote environment, where you're not able to track employee productivity easily without such a tool like DeskTime.

Pros

What I like most is the clean User Interface, and simple stats that are easy to digest, and understand where employees are slacking, and where they excel.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives in using DeskTime at this time.

Kyle from Mazanec, Raskin & Ryder

Industry: Law Practice

I am a defense attorney who bills my time for a living. Desktime is a great supplement to my billing software and works really well to fill any gaps. i'm hoping for some additional functionality in supplemental releases, such as the ability to comment on things that I'm doing live, but for the most part, this app is great!

Pros

Ability to capture gaps in time

Cons

I wish i could see a more detailed analysis, instead of total time on each program, I wish it would show: From 11:49am - 12:00pm you were on capterra website. From 12:00pm-1:30pm you had "Word document Name" open.

Viesturs from MAZZY

My work life managmement

I like this software a lot. It has been tracking my activities on PC and MAC for many years, since it was lunched as early beta. it could be great if u could add functionality see review of full year, for example 2016. it could give me information how to better manage my time in year 2017 :)

Pros

easy tu use, multi platform, browser support

Cons

hard to compare month by month, to adrese beter time management

Alex from Webpower

Save time, work productive

I have never used any time trackers before DeskTime and never thought about personal productivity. I just was doing my job well and everything was ok. After installing Desktime I was wondered that I'm not so productive as I was thinking! I found that I work hard and do the job but waste time for things like messengers and social networks, for couple (or three or five) coffee breaks and so on. Desktime showed me that and I changed my work style. Now I do the same amount of work in 5-6 hours instead of 8 hrs. I don't do more but I do it faster now. Thank you, DeskTime!

Pros

Simple and seamless

Cons

It shows how you are lazy sometimes, haha :)

Jessica from Jessica Kirsh Creative

Industry: Photography

DeskTime review 2017

I enjoy using this software. However, I wish it were more user-friendly when it comes to editing offline time gaps as well as assigning URL tasks to the three categories of productivity.

Pros

Cons

Difficult to reassign URLs to their proper productivity category

Clementine from WebSmart

Measure and grow your productivity

Desktime is not only good to actually know what your colleagues are doing, but also to measure your own productivity. I like to check out how much I spent on software and tasks to estimate the time needed for future projects

Pros

the widgets with your productivity details and the section where you can check which app you use the most

Cons

the projects part is a bit hidden, and I'm not using it at all I think it should be exhibited in another way. Also for a social media manager, most of social media app are productive tools for him/her, while it shouldn't be for other members of the team. We should be able to set an app productive/unproductive for a particular person and not by group.

Laura from Intechnic

DeskTime Gives Us The Tracking We Need

Our company uses DeskTime to track time spent on client projects and time spent away from the office. It offers fantastic functionality for tracking time, projects, and exporting data.

Pros

The breadth of capabilities. It shows us so much information.

Cons

Customer service takes awhile to respond.

Fabrício from MiningMath Software

Industry: Mining & Metals

Almost perfect time tracking tool

We really love to use your software every day. I have little improvement suggestion request about view productivity in a separate project on the same day, but I am happy using DeskTime.

Pros

Easy to read and easy to use reports.

Cons

I would like to view in reports productivity about two or more project at the same day in general report.

JP from JP7

Easy and automated way to analyze how your team is using their time

DeskTime is an extremely easy to use tool to track time. We've been using it since 2014 and its automated reports are used to analyze how the team is using their time and to send timesheet reports to our customers.

Pros

It's an automated way to track time.

Steve from Ferrer, LLC

It's a good time for DeskTime!

I have found that using DeskTime to monitor employee productivity makes managing our staff very easy and convenient. The staff also likes to watch their "ranking" throughout the day as everyone strives to be #1 and the most productive. I could also see using DeskTime as part of tracking productivity and using the ranking for monthly incentive programs. Either way DeskTime is a win win situation for Management and staff alike.

Pros

Easy of use. Reporting. The staff seems to like watching their daily ranking.

Cons

NA

Ameer from Conrad Labs

Very useful

Desktime has helped me keep track of the time I spend at work. After categorizing my software usage, it provides insights into how I spent my day which is both valuable and easy to understand. Its silent background monitoring means zero-disturbance and the detailed statistics tell you what when on and when. It has greatly helped boost my overall productivity.

Pros

Ease of use, zero-disturbance, detailed reporting.

Cons

Ludwig from Pilipinas Metdev, Inc.

Industry: Mining & Metals

From Ludwig

Exactly as we need it. Location or accessing functionalities is not as easy as initial version. Most needed is a better and more frequent and visible alert when Desktime timer is disabled when working. Also, dashboard not useful. Maybe allowing user to customize the dashboard by project will be great.

Roman from Landing pages

Industry: Graphic Design

5 stars to app and productivity

Use this app already more than 1.5 years. Purchased for fun. But then I got involved. And started to analyze all my work at the computer. Main insight: what we don't measure - we don't have to control. It's time to take your time at the computer under control!

Pros

UI/UX

Cons

Dont know

Rinalds from Rinalds Consulting

Great time tracking app

I have been using DeskTime for around 3 - 4 years. I haven't had any problems with it. I'm using it to track time I spend to my clients so I can write them an invoice with specific hours. Great tool.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

New features could come out faster.

Ideal for Performance Tracking

Practical attendance and performance tracking application

Pros

DeskTime allows managers to keep track of their employees activities resultig in increased productivity. The timesheets and the reports are detailed to allow monitoring

Cons

Can often lead to micromanagement and loss of privacy by allowing monitoring of employees activities

Rob from Wavetronix LLC

Wavetronix Review

We really like the idea behind DeskTime. There are little things that could make this product fantastic. In the month view calendar, clicking on a day should take you to that day. We have been on DeskTime since last October and the report export does not export the data as the correct data type. This makes the export useless unless we spend time editing each cell to get the right data type in. It would be very helpful to us if we could distinguish between time in the office and time outside the office so we know if people work at home but we also want to track what time they get in the office and what time they leave the office. Making the IP restriction more robust could solve this. There are other little things but we will work through support.

Pros

Easy to use. Doesn't take much effort to have it give you good feedback.

Cons

Bugs, iOS app does not work, slow getting simple features into the product.

Easy way to track your computer time

Was easy to use and easy to set up, the more I used it the more I understood how best to categorize and track my time.

Pros

If you need to specify what time you’re spending on particular projects or account, this is great software. It also helps you see if you are as productive in general on your computer time as you think you are.

Cons

Did not like that the times were listed in military format. I was always converting the time back-and-forth and that was bothersome to me.

Debjit from Alpana Web Solutions

Must have features and simple setup. Must try.

I must say for only one user it is really good.

Pros

I like how quickly I can set up and start using this time and project tracking software. The dashboard is minimalistic and has enough information. Productivity bar gives a nice chart for a quick view. Private time is a nice touch when I have to check social media for my personal use or take a break. Project wise time is a nice feature to have. The break interval rings me after every 30 min of usage for more productivity and a little rest from my work.

Cons

I couldn't see the projects I created into my web dashboard. Free plans for 1 user, that's not good for any startup company. As you can't use with your team it is not possible to get the c Can't use screenshot and third-party integration as it just has two calendars available.

Kelly from The Lending Partners

Services are Sufficient

We have not had a positive experience with the upgrade and wished that we could have the functionality back from before. Other than that complaint, all else runs sufficiently.

Pros

The report functions

Cons

It is not as customizable as we wished it were. We would also like the options of accepting the upgrades. One size does not fit all.

Kim from Smokey Mountain Information Systems

Industry: Mental Health Care

Helps keep honest people honest

It's been easy to use and incorporate into our company. We don't have to check it often but it's good to know that it's there if we need it to fall back on.

Pros

It helps a company who is mostly work at home employees keep up with who is doing what. Let's us see if one person is doing more than another. Keeps everyone honest.

Hugo from PaloSanto Solutions

Install -n- forget time tracking app

Great to measure your performance or to see in what tasks your labor day has been used, I found myself wondering in what things I've spent most of time, because it really goes fast once you focus on something... so this app is great for that!

Pros

Ease of use Install and forget Very autonomous

Cons

Some minor crashes

Mario from Mario S.

Industry: Program Development

Great application

I am using it for personal use. And it helps me tracking my work, acknowledgement of my productivity and many other things.

Mauricio from Industrialmedia SA

Industry: Computer Networking

The best of market

We use for years to measure productivity and reward our best contributors each week. Very complete and trustful

K¿i¿tof from Hotelston

Worth using, keeps you productive

I had been using DeskTime for a couple of years already. Even that I use it for personal goals - I love it: how it shows your productive time and the other time spent on not so important things. I can track my time easily and see where are my sins. I wasn't using it as a company tool, but I see the pros having this tool in the whole team. Works even better in Agile environments. Appreciate your work, guys! Great tool!

Pros

Nice and informative charts and that I can find out what I was doing on the specific time

Jennifer from Badgerland Irrigation and Lighting Service

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great to use for tracking time of salary employees

Pros

I don't think that we are using this as intended, but it has been great to track how the time of our salary employees is being spent. We are then able to take that information and determine what tasks each person should be doing.

Cons

I wish that the program itself had a way to let us turn the information into statistics for us.

Colin from Poly

Pretty Good

I am not using this for anything other than curiosity but have enjoyed it so far. Interesting to see where i spend my time and when my most productive times of day are. Great app for my needs.

Pros

the data it gives me

Cons

None, really

John from Software and Technology

Can calculate the time

great time tracker software

Pros

I use this DeskTime software to ensure the productivity of my staffs. This is really a great software to track the idle time. Also, other features are available.

Cons

If the monthly report can track and calculate monthly hours would be more preferable to us. Hope, they will consider it.

Joshua from Emerald City Tech Inc.

Its a great product with room for improvement

The softphone freezes from time to time and the recent update causes it freeze more often especially from idle and when the phone rings

Pros

Quick support response time

Cons

Freezes from time to time

Wojciech from Lime Brains

Industry: Tobacco

Great software which boosts your productivity!

I have been using DeskTime for more than a year and it never failed, increased my productivity by 40%! Great software which boosts your productivity!

Pros

Cons

no cons!

Elina from Cognizant

Industry: Information Services

Perfect for Productivity

Pros

If you want to start managing your time get DeskTime. This is a great software to know where your time is really going.

Cons

I wish there was a way to export data and receive comprehensive stats even with the Lite plan. But for free, DeskTime can't be best.

Arjan from Gurkha Technology

Time tracking made easier

We found desktime to be very easy and a perfect solution for tracking our overall performance. It was very easy to figure out the time spent in different applications required during our everyday use. We were able to track efficiency and even the most effective hours during operations. We were also able to track work of our employees when they were working from home and also tally everyone's performance in contrast to everyone else's. Also, different departments and their work efficiency was made easier to track with the help of desktime. Loved the app, thank you for creating it. :)

Pros

Easy time tracking feature with no/little room for human errors.

Cons

Sometimes gets unresponsive and need to restart the software

Adela from VidaXL

Not very easy to use.

Very difficult to fill it in. Not starting up with windows. Should send some automated reminders so that the employees are notified when they have not completed their page. I never contacted the customer service and i don t pay for it, so i cannot rate the last 2 categories.

Pros

Keeps record on the computer activities.

Cons

Quite frustrating to use.

Response from Draugiem Group

Replied August 2019

Hello, Adela! Thank you for your review. Over time we have worked on the simplicity and ease of use of DeskTime, to make time tracking quick and simple. The app starts automatically with the computer, so all you need to do now is to open the app to see your tracked data at the end of the day - it's that simple!

Vladimir from Upwork

Good, but the previous dashboard has some convenient features that aren't available now.

It's not convenient to go to the special area to mark the type of the app: Productive/Non-productive.

Pros

It's automatic.

Theresa from Fairway Management Ltd

desktime Fairway

It is a good product but navigation on the site is not intuitive. It is very helpful for me to keep track of my billable hours for clients

Jacqueline from Adoption Option Inc

Amazing Time Keeper

I love this software. It is very useful for figuring out what I have done during the day, if I forget to put it on my time sheet.