Browse DeskTime Reviews

Elena from Self-employed

Couldn't live without it

I think I'm one of the early adopters and I've seen it evolve over the years. I always liked how they added new features and constantly improved the product. It's very easy to use, intuitive, and it gives me everything I need from a time tracking app.

Pros

Love the fact that it captures everything I do on the computer. Even if I forget to track work on a certain project, I can always retrace my steps and assign the minutes/hours manually. The productive/unproductive categorization is very beneficial to have a bird's-eye view of my activity. I've used it in parallel with Toggl for a long time and Desktime was superior on so many levels.

Cons

I haven't yet found things I don't like about it.

Surinder from M+V Sales and Marketing Pvt. Ltd.

Industry: Research

Amazing, Best Software !

So we are able to get the detailed report of each employee and monitor and measure their performance and productivity.

Pros

So, it’s been almost two years having “Desktime” monitoring/tracking us, and we found it is very impressive and easy solution. The kind of reports and support they provides; we don’t think any contenders would be offering in this arena currently. We are just planning to offer this product with our all international clients as well. Thanks "Desktime"

Cons

So, We received a concern from the users that sometimes its get unresponsive and than need to restart the software.

Reasons for Switching to DeskTime

There were many issues and wasn't simple as Desktime

Florin from WEBTRADE MARKETING SRL

Need's more improvmenet

Pros

Easy to use Easy to understand Friendly interface

Cons

The administrator should not pay for the account The design of the platform is old, need to be upgrade to the design trends Not so many features Print screen of the employees needs to have better quality, if the space is the problem, it should have a feature to connect a Cloud storage account in order to pay separately for how much print screen quality do you need. It should me more flexible. Ex. Print screen time should not be only 3-5 min. It my choice not a product manager choice what is important for my business or not. Alerts for employees that they have overdue the brake time and many others.

Reasons for Choosing DeskTime

Fast decision in this case, I didn't had time to check others. If someone else will show me a software which comes with features and usability flow that are coming to my needs expectation I will switch asap. If I am coming with to many features that this software hasn't, it a problem that is not where it should be.

Response from Draugiem Group

Replied August 2021

Hi Florin! Thank you for the honest feedback. We are continuously working on improving our product and will take your review into consideration. The DeskTime team

Taras from CSIA

It looks more complicated than year ago.

I am using DeskTime for personal use (motivate myself to work hard and more careful ). I did the pause for using your tool and after the pause in 1 year, I feel more difficult with DeskTime. I had the issue with assigning some tool to the certain activity. I am not sure but I have to fill that same tool could be in productive and unproductive depend on time. For example, I spend some time for studying on work PC after work hours. During the work hour, my learning tool is unproductive but after this is productive. I don't see a possibility to switch.

Response from Draugiem Group

Replied August 2019

Hello, Taras! Thank you for your review. Over these years DeskTime has improved its features quite a lot, working on making the app more intuitive to use. While we can not offer to change productivity of apps in regards to time, you can always use the 'Private time' option to use your computer for non-work related activities - DeskTime will not track any time while this option is enabled.

Good product to monitor your remote employees

Pros

desktop screenshot option helps me to understand that team is really working on the project.

Cons

if you team is working on multiple project for multiple clients, understanding which screenshot belong to which project is not an easy task.

Reasons for Choosing DeskTime

hubstaff is good, but considering features which I really wanted, desktime have better pricing.

Nathalia from TVSO

Needs More Work

Desktime is used to monitor our remote workers but we know the system can be cheated. We definitely think this program should have an alert system with the same screen shot has been up for 45 minutes. Also better reporting capabilities using decimals instead of hours and minutes to help with paying employees faster and more accurately.

Pros

Available screenshots every 15 minutes Ability to enter manual entries especially when the app fails to connect. Reports for most productive and Least productive

Cons

Export report for hours is not in decimal format, not great for paying employees App fails frequent App can be easily tricked. Will show productive but same screen shot could be up for two hours. App needs to recognize same screen and send notifications to employer to alert supervisor of employee misconduct. Report for weekly hours is not alphabetical. Order has no specific purpose. There should be weekly report for flagged behavior

Shubham from Spiceup Media Pvt Ltd

Powerful Tool for Employee Monitoring

My company use this software in lockdown and It helps lots cause, its time tracking and productivity tracking.

Pros

Desktime Monitoring and time tracking feature is more powerful compare to any software and it also help to counting employees attendance.

Cons

Some employees said that when I use google for my work that it's not counted in productivity and I think that is not good cause google searching also work for that employee.

Response from Draugiem Group

Replied August 2021

Hi Shubham, thank you for your honest review! Just a quick follow-up - admins can add google (or any other website used for work) to the productive app list. This is fully customizable, and can be done for all employees or specific teams. So, for example, Google search or Facebook can be noted as productive for your marketing team, but still remain neutral or unproductive for other teams that don't use these platforms for work. Hope this helps! The DeskTime team

Gabriel from Ubicalo

My Desktime opinion

Due to the pandemic, there were personnel who underperformed, since they did not have a supervisor on site, thanks to Desktime I can know if they are working or not

Pros

I think is easy to use and you dont neeed a lot of computer skills to handle it. The administration panel is very intuitive.

Cons

The desktime agent for windows crashes very often, there are days when the agent reports well and others when it doesn't. I have computers that are working and Desktime reports that they are not

Reasons for Choosing DeskTime

Because WorkPulse doesnt work on my computers and I cant get information about our collaborators

Eduardo from Uassistme

Industry: Executive Office

An honest and friendly activity tracker

Overall, I have learned to use DeskTime as a tool to know where I should be prioritizing my work and where I should be cutting time. More than just a tracker, DeskTime is an ally.

Pros

I personally enjoy having my activities organized by time of use and the ability that the program has of also displaying in which window or document you have worked on; it helps me on my end of day summary because I remember the tasks even when I finished them early in the morning.

Cons

The automatic feature to start DeskTime when Windows boots is not 100% reliable and, in my type of environment where productivity is our main goal, it hurts my numbers. The only other downside I have experienced is during power outages, the app would either stop tracking my time or would mark my activity as neutral. Nothing critical and does not detract the reliability of the program in my opinion.

Time Tracking

Pros

Easy to track employee time is very nice.

Cons

I have my doubts about the security of this app - why do you need to record screens?

Response from Draugiem Group

Replied August 2021

Hi! Thank you for your feedback. While we do offer a screenshot feature it is completely optional - we advise employers to be transparent and always be mindful if and when using this feature. We also offer the option to capture screens only in case of suspicious activity, and for the images to be blurred. All privacy issues must to addressed by the employer upon the introduction of time tracking software. We also offer users a Private time feature that users can turn on - this way employees can take care of personal business while still on company time without being tracked. Hope this helps! The DeskTime team

Arnis from 3dLotus

It's ok for middle sized business.

Pros

It's launching automatically, and we can easy access to user efficiency data.

Cons

At the beginning Users need to be really careful when they are login - usually thy are making it's own Desktime, and in this case Employ data is not coming out Desktime company profile.

Reasons for Choosing DeskTime

becasue it has Latvian company roots

Praveen from Sigosoft

Desktime helped us to go full fledged when working from home

Good

Pros

Desktime helps to keep track of our employees to make sure that they are working. This helped us to maintain a good relation with employees at the time when they are working from home.

Cons

You should bill per member. We had 11 member for past months and we are forced to pay for 13! which is not acceptable.

Umar from SOLACE Engineers INC.

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Helped me earn more!

Great product and highly recommended. Every team that's working remotely should use it... It's almost perfect!!!

Pros

Very accurate, full of features, and helped me track my team even from a cellphone!

Cons

Adding holidays and off-times should be made easier. Also very rarely but it does log-out for my team members sometimes (only happened once or twice with me though).

Barbara from PetroPages

A Real Lifesaver

There are things I am good at, but keeping track of my time is not one. I had searched for a few years trying different programs, or plug-ins, or techniques and I always ended up with "time holes" in my day. And then I found Desktime. It starts when my computer comes up and starts tracking automatically. I use Chrome and have the extension for Desktime that captures the URLs of sites I visit so I can also keep track of what I was working on by where I was on the Internet. And then there is the Project's feature. It is super simple to set up a new project, and as easy as choosing from a dropdown list when you need to switch from one project to another for individual job tracking. In the course of a day I rarely work on one thing and then the next and so on. It is more of a series of hopping from one job to another and back again and the ease of switching between projects makes that a non-issue. And because no person is perfect Desktime also has a Private Time feature. There is also the ability to keep up with how long meetings are or lunch even because Desktime tracks offline time. When your computer is idle for more than a few minutes Desktime stops counting time. When you come back, in the timeline there is a gap to which you can assign whatever may be appropriate. If it was a production meeting, click in the blank space and a pop-up comes up and you can tell it what you were doing, what project it was for, if applicable and even if the time was productive or not. I suppose depending on the meeting that could be subjective. And if you were out to lunch, leave it blank and no time is recorded so that at the end of the day you have an accurate record of how much "desktime" you have put in. It is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Pros

Time tracking without thinking.

Cons

I really wish it would track minutes in unites of 100, like time has to be submitted for payroll. The hour time is not a factor but the minutes, it is always 38 min x .60 to get time to submit. Or if not doing the actual math, it is looking it up on a conversion chart. Just give me an option to track it how I need it to.

Karlis from MeaWallet Latvia, SIA

The number one feature for us is Time Tracking and it seems DeskTime is spending too much time on all other features but has left the Time Tracking without maintenance: (a) web-page tracking does not work on Mac computers for some time now; (b) productive apps & links still does not provide suggestions and we need to click on each to mark them productive/non-productive - I have been doing this for almost 10 years from two different companies and marked thousands of webpages/apps which is applicable for all IT companies, but still no suggestions. This is disappointing and if I would start DeskTime in a new company I would not use this feature (even it's very good) because it's too much work to analyze and mark thousands of web-pages productive and unproductive.

Pros

Time tracking - people can work from home and company is not affected from it. Employees are not disturbed.

Cons

It does not seem to work with Safari multiple other browsers therefore making web-page tracking (productive/unproductive) almost useless as most of the people use Mac computers today.

Response from Draugiem Group

Replied August 2021

Hi Karlis! Thank you for your review. We should mention that there haven't been any problems with URL tracking for Mac users that we know of - the app tracks only the tab that's open at any given time. This functionality is intentional to obtain precise URL tracking stats. If you do still notice that something's not quite right, please, don't hesitate to contact our support team at desktime.com/support - we'll be glad to help. The DeskTime team

Mario from Uassist.ME

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Amazing, easy to deploy and good value for money

We're able to monitor and measure trends within our workforce. This allows us to deploy different tactics and improve time management.

Pros

The fact the product doesn't affect the computer's performance. We've installed in more than 200 computers, and all of them run smoothly.

Cons

The fact we're unable to have screenshots taken for the price we pay for.

Ease of use, price.

Price.

Hsiang from Tenten Creative

I use Desktime everyday!

We're a small web design and development company here in Taiwan with about 10-15 person. We use Desktime on our daily work to track the productivity of our colleagues, though it is not used as a key for employee's evaluation, but it is definitely a tool to help our company boost their attention, which also comes with a good healthy competition, and we will award the best employee of the month thru it. There's a lot of Desktime we like which we don't usually see on other apps, those includes some automatic detection of the website if they're productive or not, we can also add projects for special tracking, we can also limit the users from their IPs incase they're abusing it at home, lol. I think Desktime is actually lack of some marketing, it is a worthy competition to Rescue Time, you should give it a try! ;)

Pros

Some features such as project controls, site controls, groups, etc.

Cons

The price and app stability I guess

Samantha from Smart Charge America

Easy to Use, Easy to Navigate

It's a great way for us to track time and productivity. As a remote workforce, that's very important to my organization. There was some employee pushback, as they felt we were "spying" on them, but that has gone away the longer we use Desktime.

Pros

Desktime is a great way for employers to keep track of what employees are doing and use that data to enhance or adjust operations. With a hybrid remote workforce, I can easily see what everyone is working on, what hours they've worked, and how they are dividing their time between projects. Adjust what is "productive" vs. "not productive" or "neutral" is easy and I like that I'm able to code site productivity differently for each department.

Cons

We have a primarily salaried staff, so tracking hours down to the minute isn't a high priority for us. If you do need very accurate data for payroll purposes, you should ensure this function works for you. I do wish the exporting/reporting tabs were more customizable for what I need. They have a ton of reporting functions, but sometimes it's challenging to analyze everything when I just need one piece of information.

Response from Draugiem Group

Replied August 2021

Hi Samantha! Thank you for the honest feedback. We are continuously working on improving our product and will take your review into consideration. The DeskTime team

Rafael from Apex Systems

Desktime Review

Great! Overall useful, and provides our employees a better understanding of what their overall productivity looks like throughout the day. Provides further support to our teams in terms of productivity in certain projects, and a better understanding of what they are actually doing/working on during business hours.

Pros

Snapshot feature has been absolutely an essential staple during our WFH period due to Covid. Along with productivity monitoring, our leads were able to clarify a better understanding of what our employees are completing throughout the days. Very much have utilized this feature, and has been very helpful to our teams productivity overall.

Cons

The idle time tracker. Simply holding a key down on your keyboard for long periods of time can be tracked as "productive" time and is not the best way of monitoring idle time for employees. However, cross referencing this with the snapshot feature has been a key stable in eliminating this type of behavior.

Peggy from Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration

Industry: Research

Best work from home app

It's been a very useful app especially for majority of us who had to transition from physical work at the office to working from home. It helps both the user and the teams being monitored to all put in the required effort to get things done whilst also being conscious of our health:)

Pros

apart from the obvious tracking and monitoring of the teams, I have found desk time to be very helpful in managing my work life balance. Reminds me to take a break, stand up and stitch and drink some water etc. This sounds simple and obvious but sometimes you lose track of time and so these small reminders really help you relax and re-focus which makes you more productive!

Cons

The fact that screenshots are taken in the background - that is not very security smart

Reasons for Choosing DeskTime

It seemed pretty straight forward and easy to use when we did the trial and was much fairer in price compared to the other apps.

Viktor from ForeverSpin

Fantastic Service, yet Needs Direction

A great service that allows tracking and reporting on computer use - its scalability, ease of installation and general ease of use allow it work very well for my organization and for many others, I assume. That said, there are several features that were available previously that are no longer baseline. It is important for DeskTime to determine exactly in which direction they want to push their features and their tracking, as the inability to track activity in one way, may avoid a need for DeskTime altogether. Specifically, allowing the reporting to break down a users' actions within a given hour has disappeared from the transition of Desktime to New Desktime and this feature specifically allows us to gather insights. All-in-all, Desktime is a very powerful tool for management and for reporting and team performance assessment, yet could take an extra step in defining some key features. More desktop alerts, stronger hour-reporting, and offline time mapping would all help in making Desktime the ultimate tool for time management.

Pros

-Great reporting for activities -Administrative rights are defined correctly

Cons

-Lacking significant alerts -Private time can't be mapped to specific periods within the day -Full-screen applications override private-time notifications

Roger from Stuppler & Company Inc.

Pretty Good Software

This software definitely helps improve our employees productivity, especially since they know they are being tracked. It also helps us make decisions on if a process needs to be changed or streamlined.

Pros

The Time Tracking is a big plus. We also really like the project feature.

Cons

I think that the integrations are great, but can be worked on. For example, with the Trello Integration, it does sync with DeskTime at a really good interval, however, if we delete or edit a task or project in Trello, it does not edit and/ or delete the task or project in DeskTime. Editing the times that employees log is a little cumbersome as an administrator. I should be able to edit or delete extra time that was logged incorrectly. Also we have had issues with projects being archived. If the amount of time between when a project has been logged could be extended, that would be great.

Response from Draugiem Group

Replied August 2021

Hi Roger! Thank you for the honest feedback. We are continuously working on improving our product and will take your review into consideration. The DeskTime team

Zaw Thura from Me

A very great tool

Pros

I've been using DeskTime since I was in university more than 4 years ago. It's been such a great help seeing where my computer time is going to. It allows me to gain perspective and set priorities for my own personal goals. Knowing the amount of procrastination or time wasters I partake in helps me make better decisions with my life.

Cons

Certain features had been limited at the start, such as being able to categorize activities quickly, but the DeskTime team seems to be still supporting the software and improvements.

Reasons for Choosing DeskTime

DeskTime's support team has been very helpful. The user interface is nice, and it works as intended. The pricing also works for me as an individual user.

Shanna from Summit Conversions

Keep Track with DesktTime

Overall Desktime has been great for employees trying to manage themselves while working at home. It gives them the freedom to do what they want while holding them accountable for how their time is spent.

Pros

I love how Desktime measures in productivity. This shows us that even though employees may be on the clock, they may/may not be working exactly. Desktime allows us to define which programs and applications on the computer that when are use are deemed "productive," so as long as those apps are being used, the employees work will reflect productive. Unproductive apps (facebook, twitter, etc.) will count towards unproductive time used. This really gives a clear picture of how time is used.

Cons

I wish it had more editing features. Sometimes I may need to edit or add a block of private time, but I'm unable to do so. I also wish screen shots were clearer or could be zoomed in on.

jihun from freelancer

Various functions and services that improve my productivity

Calendar linkage and the amount and field of my day-to-day work It's nice to be able to visually check it. In terms of productivity, it's good to have a visual chart to see if you're focusing on areas you can focus on or not having time to waste.

Pros

You can keep track of time automatically when you start your computer. You can check the start and end time It is possible to analyze which fields can be focused on work. It is nice to be able to visually check the time wasted.

Cons

When you click on software on the taskbar Response is a bit slow. It's a bit disappointing that the design isn't luxurious. It would be nice if the charts and expression methods were diverse. The weekly report looks like https://www.getharvest.com/.

Reasons for Choosing DeskTime

recuetime works well with other services. But the price is high and the design is not so good. I feel like I'm recommending 90's service to others. Timekeeping isn't that versatile either.

Response from Draugiem Group

Replied August 2021

Hi Jihun! Thank you for the honest feedback. We are continuously working on improving our product and will take your review into consideration. The DeskTime team

meraj from Puravankara Limited

Great Software with lots of features

We are into Real estate and provident housing limited . we are using the Desk Time software Monitoring Tool from past 2 years, and it is Monitoring our laptops and desktop from all aspect. It is easy manage as policy configurations are very user friendly. It’s a good Application with many features. Thank you Meraj Shaikh

Pros

Its a great software and have many feature which fit into my organisation, configuration are very user friendly. easy to monitor and pull the report link daily, weekly and monthly

Cons

Employee is able to click on running software and exit, its should be password protected to unload the software running in the background

Reasons for Choosing DeskTime

Desktime has design for specifically for monitoring purpose which has all the feature as we are expected, Screenshot, unproductive app category, productive app category. many thing can be configure and use it for very good result and output

Ivan from Partner Nexus Inc.

Light and simple, does what it has to do.

This software is an essential part of our performance evaluation mechanism, allowing users to track their time, and classify it based on the tasks they are working on.

Pros

We're running a distributed organization and have been using DeskTime since they were a small startup. It works perfectly on desktop/laptop machines (duh!) but we haven't tried using it on mobile devices (since we only use it for tracking office crew hours).

Cons

"Time at work" stat is a little bit confusing and is meant for linear days (e.g. if you log in for 15 mins at midnight, just to check your email, it will think that it's the start of a working day, and when you log in back in the morning, the time at work will be 8 hrs, so we learnt to ignore this stat completely.

Janis from JNG Marketing Solutions

A Great Way to Monitor the Productivity For Yourself and For Your Team

I use it personally to monitor my time spent and to analyze my productivity. Where is my time going? What applications am I using, how much time I'm spending on different tasks or projects? I love that I can also log off-line time on the computer or mobile phone. This tool is even better when used for a team monitoring. I can see how many hours every employee spends in certain apps, projects or tasks. I can see when they start and end their workday, and I see their productivity ratio.

Pros

Cross-platform compatibility (MacOS-X, Windows, iOS, Android), Simplicity, Beautiful design, simple application assignment

Cons

I'd love to drill into details about a certain time period, productivity status etc. For example, if I have a block of an unproductive period, I'd like to be able to click on it in a report to see where have I spent the unproductive time (or productive, or neutral).

Leshan from Manukau Urban Maori Authority

One of the best tracking system

Pros

Online tracking, silent client and reports

Cons

We haven't use the Projects option much.

Gjermund from PopJazzOnline.com AS

Industry: Music

Just works

Pros

I tried many similar apps for my business. This is thw only one that do the job well! Track your employee’s produktivity.

Cons

Let there be an option for 2 users. I used to have 5, now I pay for 5 users, even when we only have two.

Miriam from Overalia

Great tool to monitor remote employees

Pros

I'ts very easy to use and very useful to track idle time and users' productivity. You can see at one glance how much time the employees spend on each app. The screenshots help a lot to understand the productivity bar.

Cons

It would be more helpful if the window title export included the hour. I would like to integrate and track the phone usage.

The price.

Swen from RedSource

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Easy to use, effective

Pros

The importance of a user-friendly and easy-to-navigate interface is very important when having a lot of team members in the company, which DeskTime delivers very well. It's a crucial software to measure effectiveness, attendance, and time management, especially while working remotely. Lastly, I was very happy with the experience I had with the customer service representatives over the course of 3+ years.

Cons

I'd love DeskTime to be more flexible with arranging the schedules of working hours.

Clarisse Maria from Logi Arquitetura Ltda.

Desktime helps my company to control my costs

Desktime is an essential tool for the day-to-day of my company, so that we have a good time control of the activities developed.

Pros

The most important function in Desktime is for my company to be able to visualize in real time the time spent on each of the projects, without the need for controls or complex systems. In this way, we can correct any flaws in our planning more quickly.

Cons

We lost a little flexibility in use of the system when we need to later record the projects that we sometimes forget to register.

Emily from RedSource

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Great software for the companies

Overall experience is great, I must mention the customer service. Any time I needed help, they were great. I think this software gives you maximum with the most affordable price range.

Pros

The most useful and the greatest thing about this software is that it's very easy, user-friendly and useful, especially when we're working remotely. It's easy to navigate and track each and every employee's productivity.

Cons

The fact that we can not open employees' users in another tab by just clicking "open link in new tab".

My time. Decoded

Mostly positive.

Pros

I love the insights into how my time is distributed across applications and websites. I definitely use it passively, but occasionally I check in to see how my time breaks down. I just let it run in the background and check the dashboards for fun. Once upon a time, I pitched it to the leadership at an organization where I worked, but it was early in the product's maturity so that didn't pan out. I'm a longtime fan and I'm pleased with how the feature set has evolved.

Cons

I believe the pricing structure is misaligned with customer segments. This is more relevant to corporations than to individuals. It's a nice to have for me, but I can live without it if I must pay. This would fall into the category of something that should be extended to workers for free, but at a cost to organizations with two or more users. Extend more features to single license accounts.

Nic from A&H

Management of time

I've been using desktime for years for the managament of time spent in front of a pc. It's possible to track any activity you perform on pc in terms of time spent. This is useful to categorize where your time is addressed over the weeks and months, and highlighting where some time is wasted in unproductive activities. Very nice the chance to create projects, where you can select particular activities. Also the time on the internet is tracked, making it possible to judge your web navigation in productive or unproductive.

Pros

it make it simple and fun your time tracking both for job related or for spare time activities.

Pete from IT Consulting

Desktime Review

Time entry accuracy is 100% using desktime. Working for an MSP as an engineer makes for fast-paced days. It’s hard to stay 100% up-to-date on time entry as a result. Having desktime to track your time and allow you to review screenshots of your day make it easy to go back and enter time for days that became too hectic to update tinesheets.

Pros

Desktime really assists with ensuring time entries are accurate and detailed. The screenshot feature allows me to calture specifically what I was working on at any given time during days that are too busy to stop and enter time. The graph that shows what applications you were in, and active/idle time makes it easy to enter breaks for those days as well.

Cons

I’d only request that the applications you are in show the title of the document you were working in on the graph.

Trisha from 2COMS Consulting Pvt. Ltd.

Opt for Desktime

Its really a wonderful experience overall. Initially was feeling lil uneasy to adapt the same. But slowly and gradually it seemed to be very useful and equally helpful to have a regular monitoring and keeping a track of daily activity.

Pros

The tracking system ease the monitoring and evaluation of an employee working even remotely. It can be quickly installed, easy to use, perfect time tracking. not much effort is required. And I can have a view on my as well as team performance together at one place.

Cons

The load is really heavy, it cant get operated with low internet frequency.

Horatiu from Hola SRL

Perfect solution for measuring project durations

I've been using Desktime for over a year and I'm very pleased with how everything worked out so far. After trying several project monitoring solutions I think it is safe to say that this is one of the best

Pros

Well, I use this app mostly for project duration monitoring which works great. Also, the productivity and efficiency calculators are pretty amazing

Cons

It would be great to have some detailed reports on projects. For example, see a list of projects where you can select a project and see more details about it. I know there is something similar, but works only on maximum monthly.

Corey from TrainerRoad LLC

Nice Software but Unfortunately Not Useful for My Particular Team

I really enjoyed DeskTime for personal use. Sadly, a few of our team members tested out the software and we found that it just wasn't what we were looking for as a company. To be clear, we did not end up choosing a competing software. Instead, we decided that it wasn't in the best interests of our team to constantly track minute-by-minute productivity.

Pros

My favorite feature was the productivity tracker. As part of my job, I'm constantly getting interrupted or distracted throughout the day. Using the productivity tracker allowed me to see what time during the day I was able to be most productive an allowed me to schedule important tasks during those times.

Cons

There were a few things that felt a little intrusive. I see the necessity for them in other companies, but for our own, we didn't like the idea of being able to take screenshots of our agents computer screens or track all of their web activity.

Kyle from Mazanec, Raskin & Ryder

Industry: Law Practice

I am a defense attorney who bills my time for a living. Desktime is a great supplement to my billing software and works really well to fill any gaps. i'm hoping for some additional functionality in supplemental releases, such as the ability to comment on things that I'm doing live, but for the most part, this app is great!

Pros

Ability to capture gaps in time

Cons

I wish i could see a more detailed analysis, instead of total time on each program, I wish it would show: From 11:49am - 12:00pm you were on capterra website. From 12:00pm-1:30pm you had "Word document Name" open.

Rune from Eilertsen Design&Foto

Industry: Graphic Design

Almost there:)

I'm using DeskTime as a logger for my freelance work and refers to the data collected when sending invoices. The new addition of tasks are great and gives me a better organized workflow. One thing I'm missing is the ability to select one task and see the total amount of time spent on the task, regardless of what month or day. Just like a task-summary. For me the "projects" are customer and "task" are projects for that customer. Overall I'm very satisfied with DeskTime and wouldn't mind paying a few bucks if the program could be a little more tailored for freelance work.

Pros

Looks great. Many good features

Cons

Not tailored enough for freelance work

Derek from Bettafire Protection

Industry: Facilities Services

DeskTime tells all!

easy to install, and use, provides tangible info to assist with improving employee performance.

Pros

I can be a little competitive wanting to have the bests stats in the team helps with productivity.

Cons

I run it on 2 computers, desktop and laptop, my laptop I use for personal computing and other forget to turn on private time or forget to tur it off. There are some days we I get 2 or 3 hours in and notice I am still in private time which effects my stats and looks like I have not started work till late.

Taras "Ty" from Partner Nexus, Inc.

DeskTime is Wonderful, Everything you need to keep track of employee productivity

Being able to track employee productivity in a work-from-home remote environment, where you're not able to track employee productivity easily without such a tool like DeskTime.

Pros

What I like most is the clean User Interface, and simple stats that are easy to digest, and understand where employees are slacking, and where they excel.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives in using DeskTime at this time.

Viesturs from MAZZY

My work life managmement

I like this software a lot. It has been tracking my activities on PC and MAC for many years, since it was lunched as early beta. it could be great if u could add functionality see review of full year, for example 2016. it could give me information how to better manage my time in year 2017 :)

Pros

easy tu use, multi platform, browser support

Cons

hard to compare month by month, to adrese beter time management

Alex from Webpower

Save time, work productive

I have never used any time trackers before DeskTime and never thought about personal productivity. I just was doing my job well and everything was ok. After installing Desktime I was wondered that I'm not so productive as I was thinking! I found that I work hard and do the job but waste time for things like messengers and social networks, for couple (or three or five) coffee breaks and so on. Desktime showed me that and I changed my work style. Now I do the same amount of work in 5-6 hours instead of 8 hrs. I don't do more but I do it faster now. Thank you, DeskTime!

Pros

Simple and seamless

Cons

It shows how you are lazy sometimes, haha :)

Jessica from Jessica Kirsh Creative

Industry: Photography

DeskTime review 2017

I enjoy using this software. However, I wish it were more user-friendly when it comes to editing offline time gaps as well as assigning URL tasks to the three categories of productivity.

Pros

Time tracking for internet website usage is very helpful to refer back to when trying to figure out where the time went in a day.

Cons

Difficult to reassign URLs to their proper productivity category

Clementine from WebSmart

Measure and grow your productivity

Desktime is not only good to actually know what your colleagues are doing, but also to measure your own productivity. I like to check out how much I spent on software and tasks to estimate the time needed for future projects

Pros

the widgets with your productivity details and the section where you can check which app you use the most

Cons

the projects part is a bit hidden, and I'm not using it at all I think it should be exhibited in another way. Also for a social media manager, most of social media app are productive tools for him/her, while it shouldn't be for other members of the team. We should be able to set an app productive/unproductive for a particular person and not by group.

Laura from Intechnic

DeskTime Gives Us The Tracking We Need

Our company uses DeskTime to track time spent on client projects and time spent away from the office. It offers fantastic functionality for tracking time, projects, and exporting data.

Pros

The breadth of capabilities. It shows us so much information.

Cons

Customer service takes awhile to respond.

Ani from Pixelhunters

Industry: Computer Games

Pixelhunters

I use it for many years

Pros

Easiness of use, good tracking, good project tracking

Cons

Not easy to orient on the scene shots as the resolution captured is low. Not always is easy to understand if the employee is really working or simulating

Reasons for Switching to DeskTime

Found desktime better at that time