What are Monitask users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Monitask software through verified user reviews

• icon"This has been very helpful in the COVID lockdown period where we had to start WFH and it became a new normal. This has led us to track the productivity of every employee and has been inexpensive."
  • icon"The product is easy to use and user friendly interface etc. The screenshot option is very good."
  • icon"Whether logging in as an admin or end-user, the system is super easy to use."
  • icon"I am the admin of the account and in not as user. However i am being charged as a user."
  • icon"Lack of training of how you can handle breaks and lunch."
  • icon"Sometimes this gives the problem in application installation and that is just irritating me."

Browse all Monitask Reviews

• Have you used Monitask and would like to share your experience with others?

Jennyfer

Probably the best time tracking system I've tried

I've used it for the duration of its trial and I love it! My trial is going to be over in a few days and I'm planning to purchase.

Pros

Whether logging in as an admin or end-user, the system is super easy to use. There's no steep learning curve or anything like that. It tracks time and works as a keylogger to better track productivity, my staff and I love it because it helped us keep productivity levels at 90%

Cons

I wish there was a way to set up shifts and to process payroll based on those shifts.

Reasons for choosing Monitask

Simplicity and ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Monitask

Hubstaff had all the features I wanted and then some but it was just too time confusing having to figure them all out and make them work.

Essence

The best of the best!

I used to use a time tracking software but it didn't take screenshots and remind me of idle time. I like both of the features because it gives some accountability.

Pros

It is very easy to use and the design of the platform is clean and easy to understand.

Cons

I liked other software to download an app,I don't believe this app has that option.

Reasons for choosing Monitask

Easy to read, clean fresh look and affordability

Didn't take screenshots.

Kathy

June 2022

Administrator User of Free Trial

Pros

Our team was required to work remote in a very short window. I was able to deploy Monitask immediately without any training for employee use. It is very user friendly and the download function was quick and painless.

Cons

I have not found anything that I dislike at this point.

Masturah

Great way in tracking task

Pros

Monitask gives a new perspective in the way of monitoring a task and project. It is a great way for project administration to track the project progress percent and which task is still left behind the time schedule.

Cons

It will be great if the task has an option for mobile version, so for the user that need to go off the sites still can be counted on their task timing. It is not too pressing, but should be good it they have it.

Saurabh

Missing features

Overall I liked this system but without few features mentioned above, it will be difficult to use it for long term.

Pros

User friendly interface, Required reporting features. Main thing I liked about this is ability to select currency for each individual separately.

Cons

It do not have some of the features like 1) We can not provide access to client for reviewing project and where time is consumed 2) It do not have a way to put non billable hours. For example, if I have worked 5 hours on a project and want to bill my client only 2 hours. I can not do that. I have to delete 3 hours in order to do it but I need those 3 hours information for future reference. 3) It do not Integrate with task management software like Office 365, Jira 4) Good to have video recording feature apart from screenshot

Reasons for choosing Monitask

As of now I am mostly using Hubstaff because of missing features I mentioned.

April 2022

it is easy to manage personal programs that are not supported by these monitoring

Need to set some prohibition features for programs and tracking

Pros

There were a lot of questions, but they were very kind

Cons

I was complete satisfied with everything

Management and various settings for our programs and their friendly response

Management and various settings for our programs and their friendly response

Joy

Life Changing Self Management

As an entrepreneur, I often feel guilt that I'm not spending "enough" time working on various projects. Once I started using Monitask, everything became objective and my time has started to become more valuable. Things that get measured get improved. This objective feedback on how I'm spending my time has given me so much encouragement and motivation. I can see progress happen, and I'm able to feel better about the work I do.

Pros

Ease of use Weekly reports by project that give you a visual overview of how you spent your time

Cons

I would like a colorful chart or graph that gives a visual breakdown of how I spent my workweek (time spent by project). At least they provide a numerical total hours logged by project, and by week.

Reasons for choosing Monitask

It is less expensive, easier to use, AND has a slightly better visual presentation of my time spent by project by week.... and I didn't need most of the other features in Hubstaff.

Akash

Monitask Review

Nice Experience for this Product.

Pros

This App Contains Company Features. Time to Time Notification. Nice Access and Privileged settings.

Cons

If possible can you also add daily keyboard and mouse taps.

Reasons for switching to Monitask

The Top tracker does not provide any company privileged like anyone can update time. The Product Work with system time so you can turn off the tracking whole day and at the end of day you can change system time to enter false entry.

Natalya

My review

Pros

User-friendly and intuitive interface, you can generate different reports, add employees and provide guest access for customers. All this makes it easier to work remotely

Cons

All right. There are no disadvantages. Thank you for a great product

Carlos

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Great tool

I work from home in the cell network industry, this tool works great with for us.

Pros

It keep us focused on the job avoiding possible distractions

Cons

So far everything works fine, no complaints

Ivette

Amazing Office Right Hander

Pros

Everything you need to monitor online help

Cons

There was nothing I found I did not like

Reasons for choosing Monitask

The reviews and their free trial

Syazila

Industry: Oil & Energy

Task tracking efficiently

Pros

Monitask is one of the software that has a very clean and effective task tracking feature. All the task can be added its own due date and can be flagged with its current status like on progress or complete. For collaborating task with my colleague, the task status help us aware of our current project situations.

Cons

One of feature that Monitask missing is the client platform. It will great if there is a way or platform that I can grant client access to some space on the software wheres i can share the task progress with them. It will make it easier for them to collaborate with me and get a quick report for it.

Falisha

Task tracking and manager

Pros

Monitask is important for my workflow, as they offer an easy way to track and time track my task. I usually collaborate it with my team, and we can monitor easily the task progress and intervention that are needed for the task. The notification will be sent either by email or on the notification central for the task that has reach its dateline and still not marked complete.

Cons

Monitask has limited logs or history for the time tracking. It only store the logs for the last 2 weeks and nothing after it. I make the auditing process is harder as i will need to save the logs manually before it disappeared.

Monitask - easy, fast, nice

Overall, very good app, if not the mobile app absence, this would be our winner.

Pros

We were testing few apps to pick up the most appropriate, and Monitask was the easiest to implement. Although we run the trial period only, still impressed with customization options, and a very user-friendly interface and support.

Cons

There is no mobile app for employees, those who work "on the go" can't track the timing. Also, there is still a place to improve in the reporting section.

price and functionality balance

Reasons for switching to Monitask

TimeDoctor is too expensive, and not that flexible

Simon

Simple to use with one drawback

good experience. site has been up 100% of the time. Quick and intuitive

Pros

the software has a very easy interface to use. i use it on desktop and have never opened in mobile so i cant indicate how that is. its features follow most software formats which have all of the user capabilities on the right hand side. Visually the interface is appealing and easy to read. It provides all of the useful features needed in a timetracting software

Cons

I am the admin of the account and in not as user. However i am being charged as a user. i contacted the company about this and they said they hope to deal with that in the future but i haven't been informed as such.

Reasons for choosing Monitask

price at first, free trial and simple to use

Reasons for switching to Monitask

the other software i was using didnt allow me to take more than one screen pic every 5 minutes and my team are freelancers

Response from Monitask

Hi Simon, thank you for your review! We are very happy that you enjoy using Monitask. I would also like to inform you that now we do have a feature of setting Admins to be free on paid plans. I've just enabled this for your account. New invoices will subtract one user, since you are not using the app to track time!

Replied December 2019

Orlando Nandito

Industry: Computer Games

A powerfull Software to manage team, good job Monitask Team!

Pros

this software is really helpfull for me to manage my small team. its really make a remote work is really possible to do. before i know Monitask, i just thing that working remote is really difficult to trust really my team. but because Monitask, i can really more trust with my team, and i can be more productive and effective to know what is important in development so i can see all my team works on their screen. good job Monitask Team!

Cons

sometimes monitask is buggy, where sometimes the screenshot is not loaded or sometimes at my team screen it already recorded, but in dashoard its not. so i hope this software can be better in the future. but overall i realy love the team how they treat me as a user.. where every report i bring to developer, they really heard about that and fix it as soon as a possible.

Super easy to use and br

Pros

I could quickly implement it and it made it viable for my company to fully stabilish with home-office work.

Cons

Lacks a few settings options. The default options are ok, but for some cases, some flexibility would be nice.

shailendra

simple and affordable

Well it solves the purpose of monitoring your remote employee and helps in getting the productivity from them. The reports are very well detailed and provides good insight though more improvements can be done.

Pros

Ease of use. Clean UI. Amazing support. Mobile friendly Dashboard. Affordable and provides features which are mostly in other softwares for $10+ .

Cons

No Android App or IOS app for monitoring. Some more advanced features in Projects can be included.

Reasons for switching to Monitask

The support was slow and the dashboard is not mobile friendly.

Mei Angelica

Industry: Government Relations

Great time-tracking app!

Pros

I love the idea that the app is able to track the internet time and apps used by the user. It builds discipline and also shows your integrity for the client.

Cons

I'm not very fond of the pause feature since it's hard to track the specific time you spent for a task especially if your project is split on a daily basis.

Reasons for switching to Monitask

We needed to stop using Upwork so we can use Transferwise instead.

Len

good value- full feature set & supports multiple monitors

our full team, everyone including management and owners, uses this tool. We found it very helpful to keep us on task.

Pros

Full feature set, ability to screen capture more than one monitor, and ability to update task comments in between/independent of screen captures - this allows the team to note key items as they come up. Pricing is fair.

Cons

minor...no direct way to go from the tool to the www dashboard. Need to click 'enter manual time' then go from there.

Reasons for choosing Monitask

we reviewed many of the very good product offerings in the space. Monitask went to the top of the list for us due to its rich feature set, ease of configuration, and not overly costly.

Reasons for switching to Monitask

WebWork-Tracker is also a very good product and has very good pricing. we switched for two reasons 1. Monitask support screen capture of multiple monitors, and 2. We are able to update task comments in between/independent of screen captures - this allows the team to note key items as they come up - for us this was a key feature.

Dubravka

The Best Time Tracking Software

I tried a couple of different time tracking softwares and they all missed some of the features that I liked, Monitask has them all. I really like all the different personalizations you can do, it's cool that you can have different settings for different team members. I also like the ability to have different projects.

Pros

It's easy to use. It's accurate. What I really like is that it can work in background and you can turn off screenshot notifications so it doesn't hinder your work.

Cons

Adding manual time cannot be disabled and I don't get notified when one of the employees adds manual time.

Reasons for choosing Monitask

It had all the features that others did not and it was accurate.

Ramona

HAppy with the product

happy with it so far; been using it for the best part of two years and it is a daily necessity as I work remotely. Is great that you can use it for free on the basic options and I wouldn't change it unless I have to. It does what I need it to do.

Pros

Easy to use, straightforward, little errors over time.

Cons

Has some unexplained glitches over time and in the last few updates I can't have it in the pinned taskbar icon when running, it opens in a different icon - so I end up with two icons on my taskbar.

Reasons for choosing Monitask

the best by far, for me and my needs

Jay

A great way to track how efficient you are!

It's been great! Time saver and lets me see what tasks are taking much of my time!

Pros

This takes screenshot, automatically groups my time depending on the task I am focusing on, and so easy to use! UI looks good too!

Cons

For now - at least I don't like that I need to manually click Sync to server to get updated of things, I like that to be automatic

Reasons for choosing Monitask

Pricing is simple. UI is great, screenshot is enabled, Tracking projects is great

Jisselle

Love using this!

It's been great in helping me streamline the management of my assistant's tasks.

Pros

I use it to track and manage my assistant's projects. I love the time tracker for each project, it helps with accountability.

Cons

Nothing! I was using Hubstaff, but this is cheaper and has even more features.

Price

Price

chinmes

Review of monitask

Pros

Easy to use. Good functionalities and features

Cons

It don't monitor timing while we are in a meeting in google meet or zoom. It calculated as inactive time

Monitask