• Pros

• "Ease of use. Clean UI. Amazing support. Mobile friendly Dashboard. Affordable and provides features which are mostly in other softwares for $10+ ."

• "It's very easy to use, additional features are great."

• "- simplicity - good visual - all primary needed reports"

• Cons

• "I would like a colorful chart or graph that gives a visual breakdown of how I spent my workweek (time spent by project). At least they provide a numerical total hours logged by project, and by week. "

• "all good,not difficult and user friendly mostly"

• "I wish I could edit the images to block out some confidential info, like phone numbers. I wish it had a little notification to remind me to turn it back on when I return from break."

Browse Monitask Reviews

Joy from School Search Inc.

Life Changing Self Management

As an entrepreneur, I often feel guilt that I'm not spending "enough" time working on various projects. Once I started using Monitask, everything became objective and my time has started to become more valuable. Things that get measured get improved. This objective feedback on how I'm spending my time has given me so much encouragement and motivation. I can see progress happen, and I'm able to feel better about the work I do.

Pros

Ease of use Weekly reports by project that give you a visual overview of how you spent your time

Reasons for Choosing Monitask

It is less expensive, easier to use, AND has a slightly better visual presentation of my time spent by project by week.... and I didn't need most of the other features in Hubstaff.

shailendra from hashkey Technologies LLP

simple and affordable

Well it solves the purpose of monitoring your remote employee and helps in getting the productivity from them. The reports are very well detailed and provides good insight though more improvements can be done.

Pros

Cons

No Android App or IOS app for monitoring. Some more advanced features in Projects can be included.

Eva from freelancer_eva

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Awesome printable reports

This is my go-to time tracker software. I've been recommending this to my friends who are new to freelancing industry, and glad they like it too.

Pros

It's been a year since I started this time tracker software. It's so convenient to use, user-friendly, and has awesome printable report for time entry details. I can also create specific tasks for each project and notes for each tasks.

Cons

None so far. I had no trouble using this software ever since.

Saurabh from Dreamer Technoland

Missing features

Overall I liked this system but without few features mentioned above, it will be difficult to use it for long term.

Pros

User friendly interface, Required reporting features. Main thing I liked about this is ability to select currency for each individual separately.

Cons

It do not have some of the features like 1) We can not provide access to client for reviewing project and where time is consumed 2) It do not have a way to put non billable hours. For example, if I have worked 5 hours on a project and want to bill my client only 2 hours. I can not do that. I have to delete 3 hours in order to do it but I need those 3 hours information for future reference. 3) It do not Integrate with task management software like Office 365, Jira 4) Good to have video recording feature apart from screenshot

Reasons for Choosing Monitask

As of now I am mostly using Hubstaff because of missing features I mentioned.

monitask is great

Pros

very easy to use, takes screenshots and caps your time

Cons

i don’t have any cons for it, it’s one of the best time tracking apps

Dubravka from Will Narlow Agency

The Best Time Tracking Software

I tried a couple of different time tracking softwares and they all missed some of the features that I liked, Monitask has them all. I really like all the different personalizations you can do, it's cool that you can have different settings for different team members. I also like the ability to have different projects.

Pros

It's easy to use. It's accurate. What I really like is that it can work in background and you can turn off screenshot notifications so it doesn't hinder your work.

Cons

Adding manual time cannot be disabled and I don't get notified when one of the employees adds manual time.

Reasons for Choosing Monitask

It had all the features that others did not and it was accurate.

Intersting tool for time management

Pros

- simplicity - good visual - all primary needed reports

Cons

It would be great to have task with subtask support, some additional reports for this.

Simon from Vista Health Solutions, Inc.

Simple to use with one drawback

good experience. site has been up 100% of the time. Quick and intuitive

Pros

the software has a very easy interface to use. i use it on desktop and have never opened in mobile so i cant indicate how that is. its features follow most software formats which have all of the user capabilities on the right hand side. Visually the interface is appealing and easy to read. It provides all of the useful features needed in a timetracting software

Cons

I am the admin of the account and in not as user. However i am being charged as a user. i contacted the company about this and they said they hope to deal with that in the future but i haven't been informed as such.

Reasons for Choosing Monitask

price at first, free trial and simple to use

Response from Monitask

Replied December 2019

Hi Simon, thank you for your review! We are very happy that you enjoy using Monitask. I would also like to inform you that now we do have a feature of setting Admins to be free on paid plans. I've just enabled this for your account. New invoices will subtract one user, since you are not using the app to track time!

Christopher from Webfx Limited

Industry: Online Media

Works as promised

Pros

Its Affordable The UI is simple to use and understand It captures screenshots of my team while the work

Cons

Needed a few more options. Maybe a branded interface

Awais from eCommAngels (Pvt.) Ltd.

Satisfied with Application

Pros

As per my requirement, it's a perfect environment which allows me to calculate my hours along with proof.

Cons

I didn't get any cons right now, In start, i faced some problems but Customer care department checks it and rectify for me. So i recommend for everyone.

Orlando Nandito from Miracle Gates Entertainment

Industry: Computer Games

A powerfull Software to manage team, good job Monitask Team!

Pros

this software is really helpfull for me to manage my small team. its really make a remote work is really possible to do. before i know Monitask, i just thing that working remote is really difficult to trust really my team. but because Monitask, i can really more trust with my team, and i can be more productive and effective to know what is important in development so i can see all my team works on their screen. good job Monitask Team!

Cons

sometimes monitask is buggy, where sometimes the screenshot is not loaded or sometimes at my team screen it already recorded, but in dashoard its not. so i hope this software can be better in the future. but overall i realy love the team how they treat me as a user.. where every report i bring to developer, they really heard about that and fix it as soon as a possible.

Linda Devina from PT. Global Bersama Utama

Nice but need some revision

I feel a good experience

Pros

Efficiency of time when we used it to see the progress of staff's task

Cons

Sometimes it needs a time to syncronize the data, sometimes it off automatically

Serhii from SYOUS

Using Monitask

Pros

Very helpful, easy to use and good value for many software.

Cons

Possibility to choose reports and export information for example to .xls format.

V S from Chrono Punch Studios

Best Time Tracking tool for Organizations Encouraging Remote Work

It is must have tool for companies allowing remote work. 80% of our employees work from remote locations, and tracking their work efficiency was a big challenge for us. we had at a point also decided to create a tool for time tracking, however once we heard about monitask and used it for 10 days with the free trail. it was an instant GO for us ad we have been using the same from then.

Pros

The software is so easy to use, the setup process from administrator side and also from employee side is easy as it can get. The data the software tracks is just unbelievable for the price paid.

Cons

i think it has all the feature for the cost it asks the company to pay.

Reasons for Choosing Monitask

It has best features for the cost provided.

Mikail from AwayTake

Cool employee monitoring desktop app

We are a small remote team that migrated from Freelancer to Monitask. It is very practical and user friendly software.

Pros

Very practical desktop app upto 3 workers. Best in the market

Cons

There should be a escrow payment gateway option to process payments between the employer and the employee.

Jaya from Miracle Gates Entertainment

Industry: International Trade and Development

Great, useful, easy to use

Makes me more productive and makes my time more efficient

Pros

Not heavy, CS was responded very fast, works silently

Cons

if you start the app without internet connection. It won't sign in automatically. (just a small bug)

Mannylyn from Thriver Lifestyle

Super Time Tracker

Pros

The features and functionality of Monitask is superb! I've used a lot of time trackers in the past but this one is what I loved the most. It has a clean and friendly interface so you won't have trouble using it if you're not to computer savvy. Keep it up, Monitask!

Cons

None that I can think of. Overall, I'm a satisfied user.

Monitask is Multitasking

Pros

I'm loving Monitask. I feel like I get a lot more done with this tool at my fingertips, thus the ability to "multitask". It fulfills its role impeccably and I have the freedom to view time reports from within the platform, track usage and capture work detail via the screenshot feature. Also, you can't beat their free plan to get started -- I've yet to see another paid platform provide all this for free! When my team and needs scale in the future, I'll easily transition from free to paid because Monitask gets it all done, both economically and otherwise.

Cons

Nothing, really. Monitask offers a lot for very little commitment from the buyer's side. Like I already said, can't beat that for value! ;)

Lubna from Plansters

Industry: Program Development

My Review

Pros

Taking Screenshot and user friendly. I helps me manage my team all over the world.

Cons

I can only use one currency. I have three employee and I pay to every employee on his country currency. on Monitask I can only add employees roles in one currency.

Response from Monitask

Replied December 2019

Hi Lubna - thank you for your review. Actually, you can assign currency to each employee under their profile. Go to your team member, click edit, and then you will be able to pick the currency from the list!

Carlos from Lintellect LLC

EXcellent tool

remote work and ex-temporary activities

Pros

excellent tool, we can control and manage all the external work of our employees with an exactly precission

Cons

the screenshot every five minutes,

Carolyn from CommunityWorks

absolute simplicity

very intuitive, quick and simple to get up and running with all the features we need

Pros

it was to so quick and easy to get started

Cons

still new to it but so far so good... no apparent glitches at this stage

Shailesh from Lat2 Inteligencia

Overall Good Service

Pros

Offline time tracking and resume/pause time tracking when leave the pc inactive

Cons

I think you need to increase users from 3 to 6 for a month

Anthony from AR Virtual Solutions

Easy and good for Traking and accounting wise.

I like Monitask, is simple, good price and the best, I can track what my team is doing and I am confident my Team does not procrastinate. I do Recommend Monitask

Pros

It´s very user-friendly for accounting purposes.

Cons

Doesn´t provide Camshots. Should be very helpful as we make sure our employees are working in front of the computer when they should be logged i

Jennifer from Irons in The Fire

Incredible App

Pros

I've used a lot of tracking tools and have found this to be the most user-friendly.

Cons

At this moment I don't have any cons about the software.

Alex from onPoint Studio

Awesome tool

Monitask helps me to solve time tracking for my small web development team. I'm totally excited using the desktop app

Pros

- Easy to use: I really like the app interface - Win-win pricing plan - Nothing extra

Cons

I use this app over than month and everything looks perfect

Rakesh from The Advanced Technologies

Monitask For Developer

I total it's good, have some features also for beta version.

Pros

This is a very important tools for manage more employee in remote.

Cons

I don't know they are using a local database or not, but i think they can use it for keep the time live with server.

Perfect

Ships software to be used on-board of the vessels or either to be used by the Maritime industry

Pros

The apps is so easy to be used and to monitor the working time,no need to use Upwork anymore

Cons

all good,not difficult and user friendly mostly

Milica from WMA Agency

Best Tracking Solution So Far

Pros

It's very easy to use, additional features are great.

Cons

The overall experience has been great so far.

Gurleen from Igniva

Good Softwaret

Pros

This is the awesome software. I am using this from last 1 year.

Cons

sometimes this gives the problem in application installation and that is just irritating me.

Md Rashed from Tortoiz Themes

Very Fast and Optimize

Pros

This software is very lightweight and runs very fast. It also takes a screenshot and track time perfectly.

Cons

Lightweight Runs Fast Track Time Perfectly

Thanks for a simple and good software

Pros

Does the job well. Has a free tier for 3 users.

Cons

There was some difficulty finding the opt-out link when free trial ended.

Ranjeet from Techimo Transformations

Best time tracker ever to track team's activities

Pros

Gained productivity after installing monitask.

Cons

Add manual time should not feature, users can manipulate.

Lani from Freelancer

Montitask time tracker same like upwork's but with better features and options

It's currently very easy to use. It is simple, complete, and detailed. I hope they don't change anything in its features and functionalities.

Pros

- the option to choose the number of screenshots - the option to remove the % productivity bar under the screenshots - the ability to filter per project (this is good when creating individual reports per project) - the ability to track which applications were used

Cons

None. I liked the simplicity and completeness of this software.

Does its job well

The program helps prove my actual work time when I am working from home.

Pros

It's easy to use. And it doesn't use a lot of RAM so it won't slow your machine down.

Nicholas from Click

Does what I need

Pros

Great to track my virtual assistants and keep track of their hours worked.

Cons

If you end the service, you loose all the data on your employees hours worked. There's now way to download it.