• Pros

• "It is very easy to use and the design of the platform is clean and easy to understand. "

• "I like their dashbord. It's very easy to use. "

• "Super easy setup. The monitoring interface is top rate and very quick. Does exactly what it is designed to do and has helped us manage a vendor very successfully."

• Cons

• "I would like a colorful chart or graph that gives a visual breakdown of how I spent my workweek (time spent by project). At least they provide a numerical total hours logged by project, and by week. "

• "For now - at least I don't like that I need to manually click Sync to server to get updated of things, I like that to be automatic"

• "all good,not difficult and user friendly mostly"

Browse Monitask Reviews

Jennyfer from Jennyfer M.

Probably the best time tracking system I've tried

I've used it for the duration of its trial and I love it! My trial is going to be over in a few days and I'm planning to purchase.

Pros

Whether logging in as an admin or end-user, the system is super easy to use. There's no steep learning curve or anything like that. It tracks time and works as a keylogger to better track productivity, my staff and I love it because it helped us keep productivity levels at 90%

Cons

I wish there was a way to set up shifts and to process payroll based on those shifts.

Reasons for Choosing Monitask

Simplicity and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Monitask

Hubstaff had all the features I wanted and then some but it was just too time confusing having to figure them all out and make them work.

Essence from Authority Marketing

The best of the best!

I used to use a time tracking software but it didn't take screenshots and remind me of idle time. I like both of the features because it gives some accountability.

Pros

Cons

I liked other software to download an app,I don't believe this app has that option.

Reasons for Choosing Monitask

Easy to read, clean fresh look and affordability

Didn't take screenshots.

Saurabh from Dreamer Technoland

Missing features

Overall I liked this system but without few features mentioned above, it will be difficult to use it for long term.

Pros

User friendly interface, Required reporting features. Main thing I liked about this is ability to select currency for each individual separately.

Cons

It do not have some of the features like 1) We can not provide access to client for reviewing project and where time is consumed 2) It do not have a way to put non billable hours. For example, if I have worked 5 hours on a project and want to bill my client only 2 hours. I can not do that. I have to delete 3 hours in order to do it but I need those 3 hours information for future reference. 3) It do not Integrate with task management software like Office 365, Jira 4) Good to have video recording feature apart from screenshot

Reasons for Choosing Monitask

As of now I am mostly using Hubstaff because of missing features I mentioned.

Mei Angelica from Konveyurs LLC

Industry: Government Relations

Great time-tracking app!

Pros

I love the idea that the app is able to track the internet time and apps used by the user. It builds discipline and also shows your integrity for the client.

Cons

I'm not very fond of the pause feature since it's hard to track the specific time you spent for a task especially if your project is split on a daily basis.

Reasons for Switching to Monitask

We needed to stop using Upwork so we can use Transferwise instead.

Ramona from Urban Point

HAppy with the product

happy with it so far; been using it for the best part of two years and it is a daily necessity as I work remotely. Is great that you can use it for free on the basic options and I wouldn't change it unless I have to. It does what I need it to do.

Pros

Easy to use, straightforward, little errors over time.

Cons

Has some unexplained glitches over time and in the last few updates I can't have it in the pinned taskbar icon when running, it opens in a different icon - so I end up with two icons on my taskbar.

Reasons for Choosing Monitask

the best by far, for me and my needs

Joy from School Search Inc.

Life Changing Self Management

As an entrepreneur, I often feel guilt that I'm not spending "enough" time working on various projects. Once I started using Monitask, everything became objective and my time has started to become more valuable. Things that get measured get improved. This objective feedback on how I'm spending my time has given me so much encouragement and motivation. I can see progress happen, and I'm able to feel better about the work I do.

Pros

Ease of use Weekly reports by project that give you a visual overview of how you spent your time

Reasons for Choosing Monitask

It is less expensive, easier to use, AND has a slightly better visual presentation of my time spent by project by week.... and I didn't need most of the other features in Hubstaff.

shailendra from hashkey Technologies LLP

simple and affordable

Well it solves the purpose of monitoring your remote employee and helps in getting the productivity from them. The reports are very well detailed and provides good insight though more improvements can be done.

Pros

Ease of use. Clean UI. Amazing support. Mobile friendly Dashboard. Affordable and provides features which are mostly in other softwares for $10+ .

Cons

No Android App or IOS app for monitoring. Some more advanced features in Projects can be included.

Reasons for Switching to Monitask

The support was slow and the dashboard is not mobile friendly.

Dubravka from Will Narlow Agency

The Best Time Tracking Software

I tried a couple of different time tracking softwares and they all missed some of the features that I liked, Monitask has them all. I really like all the different personalizations you can do, it's cool that you can have different settings for different team members. I also like the ability to have different projects.

Pros

It's easy to use. It's accurate. What I really like is that it can work in background and you can turn off screenshot notifications so it doesn't hinder your work.

Cons

Adding manual time cannot be disabled and I don't get notified when one of the employees adds manual time.

Reasons for Choosing Monitask

It had all the features that others did not and it was accurate.

Jay from Western Cloud Accounting & Bookkeeping

A great way to track how efficient you are!

It's been great! Time saver and lets me see what tasks are taking much of my time!

Pros

This takes screenshot, automatically groups my time depending on the task I am focusing on, and so easy to use! UI looks good too!

Reasons for Choosing Monitask

Pricing is simple. UI is great, screenshot is enabled, Tracking projects is great

Intersting tool for time management

Pros

- simplicity - good visual - all primary needed reports

Cons

It would be great to have task with subtask support, some additional reports for this.

Reasons for Switching to Monitask

Better price and all minimal needed functional.

Rednaxela Kristin from Castle Jackson

Pros

It's easy to use and definitely employee-centered because it doesn't mean to spy to the employees

Cons

There's always updates and sometimes it gets on the way with work.

Simon from Vista Health Solutions, Inc.

Simple to use with one drawback

good experience. site has been up 100% of the time. Quick and intuitive

Pros

the software has a very easy interface to use. i use it on desktop and have never opened in mobile so i cant indicate how that is. its features follow most software formats which have all of the user capabilities on the right hand side. Visually the interface is appealing and easy to read. It provides all of the useful features needed in a timetracting software

Cons

I am the admin of the account and in not as user. However i am being charged as a user. i contacted the company about this and they said they hope to deal with that in the future but i haven't been informed as such.

Reasons for Choosing Monitask

price at first, free trial and simple to use

Reasons for Switching to Monitask

the other software i was using didnt allow me to take more than one screen pic every 5 minutes and my team are freelancers

Response from Monitask

Replied December 2019

Hi Simon, thank you for your review! We are very happy that you enjoy using Monitask. I would also like to inform you that now we do have a feature of setting Admins to be free on paid plans. I've just enabled this for your account. New invoices will subtract one user, since you are not using the app to track time!

Orlando Nandito from Miracle Gates Entertainment

Industry: Computer Games

A powerfull Software to manage team, good job Monitask Team!

Pros

this software is really helpfull for me to manage my small team. its really make a remote work is really possible to do. before i know Monitask, i just thing that working remote is really difficult to trust really my team. but because Monitask, i can really more trust with my team, and i can be more productive and effective to know what is important in development so i can see all my team works on their screen. good job Monitask Team!

Cons

sometimes monitask is buggy, where sometimes the screenshot is not loaded or sometimes at my team screen it already recorded, but in dashoard its not. so i hope this software can be better in the future. but overall i realy love the team how they treat me as a user.. where every report i bring to developer, they really heard about that and fix it as soon as a possible.

Len from Cirious

good value- full feature set & supports multiple monitors

our full team, everyone including management and owners, uses this tool. We found it very helpful to keep us on task.

Pros

Full feature set, ability to screen capture more than one monitor, and ability to update task comments in between/independent of screen captures - this allows the team to note key items as they come up. Pricing is fair.

Cons

minor...no direct way to go from the tool to the www dashboard. Need to click 'enter manual time' then go from there.

Reasons for Choosing Monitask

we reviewed many of the very good product offerings in the space. Monitask went to the top of the list for us due to its rich feature set, ease of configuration, and not overly costly.

Reasons for Switching to Monitask

WebWork-Tracker is also a very good product and has very good pricing. we switched for two reasons 1. Monitask support screen capture of multiple monitors, and 2. We are able to update task comments in between/independent of screen captures - this allows the team to note key items as they come up - for us this was a key feature.

Jisselle from Little Bundle

Love using this!

It's been great in helping me streamline the management of my assistant's tasks.

Pros

I use it to track and manage my assistant's projects. I love the time tracker for each project, it helps with accountability.

Cons

Nothing! I was using Hubstaff, but this is cheaper and has even more features.

Price

Price

Linda Devina from PT. Global Bersama Utama

Nice but need some revision

I feel a good experience

Pros

Efficiency of time when we used it to see the progress of staff's task

Cons

Sometimes it needs a time to syncronize the data, sometimes it off automatically

chinmes from Match my talent

Review of monitask

Pros

Easy to use. Good functionalities and features

Cons

It don't monitor timing while we are in a meeting in google meet or zoom. It calculated as inactive time

Kyle from KDG

Simple to Setup & Use

Pros

Cons

Not a lot of negatives. This software is designed to do a specific job and it does it very well from a user standpoint.

MD Nur from igexpert.com

Best time tracker software I have ever used.

Pros

I most like this software dashboard. It's wasy to get work report.

Cons

I like screenshoot and billings. Mostly like work analytics.

Zico from Ajkerdor

Best time tracker software i have ever used

Pros

I like their dashbord. It's very easy to use.

Cons

I think reports need to be more customizable.

Mohamed from NasNav

Perfect solution

Monitask solved the problem, we were unable to monitor our employees performance while working from home due to COVID19 current crises.

Pros

Easy to use Lightweight Inexpensive Fast replies from customer support

Cons

Reports need to be more customizable User roles assignment needs upgrade

Jeffrey from Infusion 51a

Monitask experience

Seems like a good solution. I called in to have help with changing some of the features and they had great customer service.

Pros

It is easy to use and view. Easy to add teams to the platform and track.

Cons

The screen share feature does not always capture the amount of screen shots per hour that you select. It changes it back even after adjusting the frequency.

Reasons for Choosing Monitask

Seemed easy and affordable.

Daniel from Solucionar Informatica e Sistemas Ltda

Super easy to use and br

Pros

I could quickly implement it and it made it viable for my company to fully stabilish with home-office work.

Cons

Lacks a few settings options. The default options are ok, but for some cases, some flexibility would be nice.

Lady from FBA Prep 4 U

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Ease On Time Monitoring

Pros

As a Sales and Marketing Manager on FBA Prep 4U. I am using Monitask 5 days a week because I need not to extend 40 hours of my weekly working hour. Monitask made it easy for me to monitor time and show my productivity thru their screen shot features. It helps me to gain the trust from my boss who is also checking my timeline. I would highly recommend this software to my colleagues who is looking for a reliable employee time sheet monitoring.

Cons

I cannot say anything bad about this software, aside from the time difference of Pacific and Eastern Time haha!! Because, I always need to adjust calculations of my working time based on Eastern Time.

Christopher from Webfx Limited

Industry: Online Media

Works as promised

Pros

Its Affordable The UI is simple to use and understand It captures screenshots of my team while the work

Cons

Needed a few more options. Maybe a branded interface

Too expensive and buggy

Serhii from SYOUS

Using Monitask

Pros

Very helpful, easy to use and good value for many software.

Cons

Possibility to choose reports and export information for example to .xls format.

EDWARD from Edge Technology LLC

Initial Thoughts

I needed a quick easy way track time on a new project - this fit the bill

Pros

Very easy to set up and get started. I needed something quick to start on a project to be able to document my time for a client.

Cons

I haven't found a way to manually add or delete time (if I forgot to start/stop timer) - Granted, I was busy actually using the software and didn't need this particular function yet, so didn't look very hard at all for it - but it wasn't immediately obvious.

V S from Chrono Punch Studios

Best Time Tracking tool for Organizations Encouraging Remote Work

It is must have tool for companies allowing remote work. 80% of our employees work from remote locations, and tracking their work efficiency was a big challenge for us. we had at a point also decided to create a tool for time tracking, however once we heard about monitask and used it for 10 days with the free trail. it was an instant GO for us ad we have been using the same from then.

Pros

The software is so easy to use, the setup process from administrator side and also from employee side is easy as it can get. The data the software tracks is just unbelievable for the price paid.

Cons

i think it has all the feature for the cost it asks the company to pay.

Reasons for Choosing Monitask

It has best features for the cost provided.

Useful software to monitor the employees' tasks.

Pros

I like the screenshots that I get from time to time.

Cons

I am a bit confused about the overall timing as few of agents disagree.

Response from Monitask

Replied December 2020

Hello! Thank you for your review. I wanted to reach out to you to discuss your comment about the overall timing in the dashboard. Monitask performs intelligent time mapping and eliminates idle time. There's a way to disable these settings if you wish to capture all time records. Can you email us with the issue at support@monitask.com and we will try to solve it for you asap :)

Eva from freelancer_eva

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Awesome printable reports

This is my go-to time tracker software. I've been recommending this to my friends who are new to freelancing industry, and glad they like it too.

Pros

It's been a year since I started this time tracker software. It's so convenient to use, user-friendly, and has awesome printable report for time entry details. I can also create specific tasks for each project and notes for each tasks.

Cons

None so far. I had no trouble using this software ever since.

Borsha from Search English

Low priced time tracking software

Pros

I most like their pricing and software interface. It's very simple app. Everyone would be able to use and manage it.

Cons

I didn't found problem yet. So, I don't know what should need improve of this software.

Mannylyn from Thriver Lifestyle

Super Time Tracker

Pros

The features and functionality of Monitask is superb! I've used a lot of time trackers in the past but this one is what I loved the most. It has a clean and friendly interface so you won't have trouble using it if you're not to computer savvy. Keep it up, Monitask!

Cons

None that I can think of. Overall, I'm a satisfied user.

Monitask is Multitasking

Pros

I'm loving Monitask. I feel like I get a lot more done with this tool at my fingertips, thus the ability to "multitask". It fulfills its role impeccably and I have the freedom to view time reports from within the platform, track usage and capture work detail via the screenshot feature. Also, you can't beat their free plan to get started -- I've yet to see another paid platform provide all this for free! When my team and needs scale in the future, I'll easily transition from free to paid because Monitask gets it all done, both economically and otherwise.

Cons

Nothing, really. Monitask offers a lot for very little commitment from the buyer's side. Like I already said, can't beat that for value! ;)

Jaya from Miracle Gates Entertainment

Industry: International Trade and Development

Great, useful, easy to use

Makes me more productive and makes my time more efficient

Pros

Not heavy, CS was responded very fast, works silently

Cons

if you start the app without internet connection. It won't sign in automatically. (just a small bug)

monitask is great

Pros

very easy to use, takes screenshots and caps your time

Cons

i don’t have any cons for it, it’s one of the best time tracking apps

Awais from eCommAngels (Pvt.) Ltd.

Satisfied with Application

Pros

As per my requirement, it's a perfect environment which allows me to calculate my hours along with proof.

Cons

I didn't get any cons right now, In start, i faced some problems but Customer care department checks it and rectify for me. So i recommend for everyone.

Djordje from Phase 56

Easy, optimal and efficient

Pros

It really looks like the Upwork Tracker which is exactly what I needed and why I choose Monitask, it's highly reliable and I think I will be using it for a long time.

Cons

The UI is not all that impressive, I think it could use a little makeover, other than that great service.

Response from Monitask

Replied December 2020

Thank you so much for your review. Our updated UI is going to be released in February 2020 with some new features. We hope that you enjoy using Monitask and let us know if we can help with anything.

James from Word-Connection SARL

Industry: Writing and Editing

Easy and Quick

Monetask has been a outstanding success, for our team. Monetask has helped us improve not only our timekeeping but also our time management for certain projects.

Pros

Very easy to use, no thrills just does what it's supposed to do, great support always friendly and to the point.

Cons

There were a couple of errors in the time-keeping due to users being doublely logged in, the issue was fixed quickly and everything is now running smoothly.

Carlos from Lintellect LLC

EXcellent tool

remote work and ex-temporary activities

Pros

excellent tool, we can control and manage all the external work of our employees with an exactly precission

Cons

the screenshot every five minutes,

Denys from eCash

Monitask review

Its easy to deploy, easy to understand for admins, easy to manage, easy for user

Pros

- Frendly interface -Easy to deploy - Russian lang. -

Cons

- Dont understand how the program calculate summary activ time

Carolyn from CommunityWorks

absolute simplicity

very intuitive, quick and simple to get up and running with all the features we need

Pros

it was to so quick and easy to get started

Cons

still new to it but so far so good... no apparent glitches at this stage

Shailesh from Lat2 Inteligencia

Overall Good Service

Pros

Offline time tracking and resume/pause time tracking when leave the pc inactive

Cons

I think you need to increase users from 3 to 6 for a month

Hazel from Digital Media

An Indispensable Tool for Freelancers

I love it! It is very convenient for a freelancer like me. I get to track my work which builds trust with my clients.

Pros

To be able to track my work complete with screenshots which I send to my clients. Exact time tracking.

Cons

I wish the screenshots can be shared with the client via a link. At present what I do is Screen capture the daily tasks.

Screenshots

Andrey from voskoboenko.dev

So good product

I solving my time manage problems with Monitask

Pros

I like friendly interface Thats realy cool

Cons

All so good But in full version I finded more I think

Vinoden from Advanced Projects and People

Monitask Review

Pros

Ease of use Ease of setup User friendly

Cons

we will be in a position to provide more details once we use the software more

Devansh from GoPerceptive

Great for Monitoring Employees

It has been phenomenal.

Pros

This has been very helpful in the COVID lockdown period where we had to start WFH and it became a new normal. This has led us to track the productivity of every employee and has been inexpensive.

Cons

Idle time tracking feature. It doesnt explain what has been the reason behind it

Renato from sieca

Excelente sistema

Pros

A algum tempo procuro uma solução deste porte

Cons

O preço em dolar, com a economia do Brasil é perigoso

Anthony from AR Virtual Solutions

Easy and good for Traking and accounting wise.

I like Monitask, is simple, good price and the best, I can track what my team is doing and I am confident my Team does not procrastinate. I do Recommend Monitask

Pros

It´s very user-friendly for accounting purposes.

Cons

Doesn´t provide Camshots. Should be very helpful as we make sure our employees are working in front of the computer when they should be logged i

Akash from Themeix

Excellent work

Pros

I used it last 15days. I really liked it.

Cons

User Interface and monthly daily result view

Alex from Creations Marketing

Amazing software

Pros

The screenshot features are fantastic, they enable us to keep an eye on what we are doing across the business.

Cons

It screenshots at random times; sometimes it can screenshot loads within a short amount of time, and then it can screenshot once every 15-20 minutes.