Browse mFax Reviews

Marla from Health Coach

Most Bang for Your Buck

I love mFax. They are always looking at innovative ways to improve their product and stay ahead of the game. They listen to their customers and have excellent customer service. They have managed to produce a product that serves a wide variety of consumers at a low cost point.

Pros

I have been with mfax for over 2 years. During this time I have had the pleasure of watching this company grow from an internet faxing service to a full scale business faxing company, servicing both small & large companies. I use mfax at least once monthly. My favorite feature of this software is the ability to fax documents via email. Customer service is excellent, responsive, and courteous. They send out email updates when new features are added. There are many bells and whistles that I do not use because I have no need for it, such as the ability to fax documents from other cloud drives. There is no other product on the market with this many features that you can get at their price point.

Cons

My only con is not being able to fax documents from my camera roll on my iPhone. I would really like for them to update this feature.

Reasons for Switching to mFax

I switched because of price (after the initial page it was $1/page) and privacy/HIPPA concerns.

Jeff from Diversified

Great Fax Client

Good platform and overall very usefull with pre-filled default cover pages that can be modified via placeholders to represent different areas of a business or different entities or companies working in one location or under one master company and helps by allowing customized cover sheets available for the company and the user; and that the user can set their default cover page. The email faxing works well as does the regular faxing via the portal and are nearly indistinguishable from a fax sent from a physical fax machine except the added clarity and quality of the document attached,

Pros

The Fax from email users for user's with an account is extremely useful as they only need to use the number with the customized email domain; and then you get a processing and completed/error report email sent back depending on if it succeeded or not. That allows users to keep track of sent faxes and their success without any additional effort. Capability to either invite users to directly setup their info and credentials or setup user accounts manually as admin and then provide the password or have them reset it afterwards. The optional Drive storage capability is super useful as well as the document/image converter for faxes that are on the user's fax home page.

Cons

The invite user doesn't allow the admin to specify their information until after the user activates the account; where as inviting the user to an account with their info already configured would be more useful as an administrator.

Reasons for Choosing mFax

Better tenant based setup for multiple companies under a master account; and the ability to setup the individual tenants/accounts and their respective fax #s under their own account without risk of other tenants viewing data that isn't theirs. Also, the fax to email is simple and provides automatic updates on fax status. It only works if the user is also registered with an account and email for their company; but that allows the default cover page and fax itself to be sent without needing to visit the portal website to handle faxing manually through the site; and just sending via email and receiving both status updates showed to be extremely valuable.

Shannon from Northern Burlington County Regional School District

Do not love it.

Pros

Being able to see your faxes and see if they were successfully sent.

Cons

There are too many steps to sending a fax.

Administrative decision.

Alex from Just Fix IT

Easy to use virtual faxing - tailored to actual users

We tried a number of virtual fax systems before selecting this one. The price package was perfect for a blend of heavy and light users and allowed us to offer faxing as an extra to our home office teams without worrying about large costs if they didn't use it much. It handled our 50+ page contracts to legal and healthcare customers with ease.

Pros

All the common settings can be built into user templates - ranging from cover sheets to default call display info. Adding and deleteing users is easy and you can assign North American (or toll-free) fax numbers to one or even to several users, so that it can work as a distribution group. Faxes can be archived for 12 mths, with admin access to check completed delivery and run reports on errors and fax delivery. The users have a choice of faxing by email for the low-tech end of the spectrum or using teh web portal for full customization.

Cons

The porting process was the usual pain point, since our previous carrier was not cooperative, but the Documo team were able to provide work arounds of forwarding toll-free numbers until the local numebrs were all resolved.

Reasons for Choosing mFax

The alternative didn't allow online archiving of faxes for 12 mths. The mfax reseller options allowed us to manage user admin and provide basic user support to resolve user training issues, so we rarely have to escalate to Documo.

Reasons for Switching to mFax

We moved away from a model that had less self-serve options and was priced too high for occasional users

Sam from DIrection Home of Eastern Ohio

mFax Review

My overall experience with mFax has been positive. Our organization is using it to facilitate the communication to doctors office and other service providers.

Pros

I liked that there are several options to send a fax (Web portal, print driver, and email). I am also very happy with the customer support when we are having any type of technical issue.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about the current software is not being able to send multiple documents using the print driver. That is a feature we had in our old system.

Reasons for Choosing mFax

mFax had the best price and plans compared to the other products. The user interface was also more user friendly that other products.

Reasons for Switching to mFax

We made the switch because we had intermittent issues with our old old solution that required us reboot the device frequently. We also switched because we were moving offices and did not want to setup the old hardware and have the PRI circuit moved to the new building. Also, having the fax solution in the cloud removed the burden of hardware upgrades and backing up the fax system.

Byron from Health IQ

Best Faxing Service!

Pros

The product is easy to configure, the UI is very user-friendly and the support has been 10x better than anything I have experienced with HelloFax which we were using before we changed to mFax. The best feature is the "Log In As" button that allows administrators to access a user profile and do troubleshooting without bothering the user.

Cons

So far I cannot state any con of this product. Everything about it has been a Pro so far!

Reasons for Choosing mFax

Aggressive pricing, awesome features and so far the ONLY service that (will soon) support SSO/SAML logins.

Reasons for Switching to mFax

Cost, features and support issues.

Blake from Spero Family Services

This software works very well!

Overall, it's been a very easy solution to manage. With the large amount of fax #'s, I need something that is easy to manage and navigate.

Pros

The integration of MFax with Skyetel integration was a very easy process. MFax allows you to easily use the Skyetel fax #'s within their interface. Training of our staff has been an easy process, and they have caught on to it very well.

Cons

For the most part, I am completely satisfied with the product.

Reasons for Switching to mFax

The software was a major issue, and it just was not easy to use.

Faxing Made Easy

I compared many different faxing platforms before I selected mFax. We needed a flexible and dependable platform that was easy to use. Also, we needed to incorporate physical fax machines in some cases. mFax fit the bill for us and has fulfilled their promise of an excellent fax platform that works. Also, the continual addition of features has been a welcomed benefit.

Pros

What I like most about mFax is its ease of use. The interface is very friendly and I am able to navigate it with no trouble. Since it's so intuitive, I am able to get in to it and send/review faxes quickly.

Cons

I'm not a huge fan of faxing in general as it's more difficult to deal with than an email is. That said, some communications demand fax.

Reasons for Choosing mFax

We selected mFax for its dependability and easy to use interface.

Amanda from Adoptions Together

Very easy to use and Staff Helpful

Customer Service has been very helpful and respond quickly. They were nice in helping us set up our accounts and asking silly questions. The transition from efax was very simple

Pros

The online user interface is very user friendly. All of the icons and process is intuative and very easy to understand.

Cons

I do not really have any cons to report.

Ease of use

Reasons for Switching to mFax

Cheaper pricing Easier to use online fax portal

Great Product for e-fax service

It has been a great experience, from the initial demo call to implementation, training, and now utilizing the software. Very intuitive and user friendly platform and great customer support

Pros

The user interface is very easy to navigate and the porting process took just a few minutes to convert our old fax line to e-fax. Hippa compliance was also important. It was nice that everything we needed was included in one low price package.

Cons

That everyone can view the history if they have access to that fax line.

Pricing and portal

Reasons for Switching to mFax

To receive faxes anywhere and save money from a traditional fax line.

Kevin from nexMatrix Telecom Inc

White Label fax service filled a need

We have about 25 business customers on board now, including a reseller of ours who now has his own reseller portal and can create his own accounts - but still under our master account. Yes, it gets complicated, but it works.

Pros

We deliver VoIP service to our customer base via public internet trunk connections - but faxing is not going to work consistently on VoIP. Until we signed up with mFax/Documo we were sending our phone customers to efax or other providers. Now we have a branded fax solution and we don't have to refer business to competitors. Support has been awesome!

Cons

It takes some getting used to, to understand the hierarchy of child accounts and how they are managed.

Reasons for Choosing mFax

personal service, great support.

Brian from City of Gallup

Very Good Product to Go From Traditional Fax to E-Fax

We are able to get rid of regular phone lines with a monthly charge and long-distance costs for an unlimited plan with several users. The cost savings for us are in the several hundred dollars for us, while value-adding features that traditional faxes do not have. I would love to do away with fax technology and have only secure scan/email, but change can be hard with some places! :)

Pros

I like the ability to get faxes to my e-mail.

Cons

Not being able to block spam fax numbers. The delay in getting fax bridges this year.

Reasons for Choosing mFax

We chose mFax over others for the cost and the fax bridge option. We had to change while making our users think nothing changed. Once it was done, we introduced the new features/capabilities and now they couldn't live without it.

Karen from Unfold Counseling LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Efficient, Safe, and Easy to Use Fax Service

Please see above on likes.

Pros

What I appreciate most: it is reasonably-priced, easy to use, fast and efficient, HIPPA-compliant (they are able to provide a BAA if needed), allows me to easily meet the professional requirements I have for exchanging certain types of information for my business, without having to have a dedicated land-line and the bulk and mess of a fax machine. It's also easy to look up old faxes if needed for reference. I like how it alerts me when something arrives or is successfully sent via my forwarded email as well.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like, actually.

Reasons for Switching to mFax

My business grew and I needed a service that better fit me - and Documo/mFax does! As a mental health professional, too, my primary concern is always confidentiality and the face that this company is HIPPA compliant was a major factor in my decision.

Jason from Notal Vision Inc

Fantastic Saas and Support

We replaced a seperate vendor with mfax and immediately began to reap the benefits of that decision. In the healthcare industry, it is essential for us to have reliable and consistent performance with regard to incoming faxes from our providers. Not only do they have amazingly capable and rapid customer service that offers a live chat support feature, but since making the switch to them, we have reduced costs and improved our revenue directly from the incoming faxes.

Pros

The fact that the software retains partially received faxes and delivers them is crucial to our business.

Cons

Originally it had fewer features, but the platform continues to be improved and the previous issues I experienced have all been resolved or removed.

Joan from World Financial Group

Sylvan office

Have had a great experience as we had trouble porting my number from Teamlink and the help group at Mfax was great with helping me get the information that I needed to get my number finally set up and running. It took a few months but in the mean time I was able to have an alternate number that I could use for my needs until my original number got set up and then I was able to cancel the alternate number so I wasn't paying for 2 numbers. Overall it is very easy to use for sending and receiving faxes.

Pros

It is easy to use and can be done from anywhere

Cons

That the default is the USA when preparing to send a fax, I have to change the country to Canada every time I send a fax. As a Canadian I would like to have my country as the defualt rather than the USA so I don't always have to remember to change it to Canada. Other than that it is a great site.

Reasons for Choosing mFax

It was still the most cost effective and could port my number from Team link and that was important to me as other companies could not do that.

Reasons for Switching to mFax

My teamlink number was discontinued so had to find a different supplier and Team link referral Mfax so that is why I checked to see what Mfax has to offer.

Ken from Vietnam Veterans Foundation of Texas, Inc

No nonsense workhorse

Solved reporting issues from the ‘field’ to keep track of written incoming requests, disbursements, and facilitate internal communications. Service questions, and even some ‘dumb’ questions were all dealt with in less than 5 minutes!

Pros

The ease of operation and clarity. For my very small operation I have found this to be not only the best value, but also the most intuitive package that I have used.

Cons

My issues with customizing my cover sheet. But I got it done ...

Reasons for Choosing mFax

Price and the short story of ‘this is what we do, and this is what we promise’; more explanation of function than the genetics found with the others. And friendly folks!

Reasons for Switching to mFax

Truth up front. None of this bait and switch doctrine.

Simone from Freund, Freeze & Arnold

Fantastic Software for Virtual Faxes

I need to get medical records fast so I can review them as quickly as possible. I don't even have to get up from my desk! My letters and authorizations are scanned in and I can easily send them through this virtual faxing system.

Pros

Fast, efficient, can personalize cover sheet, what's there not to love?

Cons

Haven't found anything yet. I wish there were an inexpensive home version I can use, I suppose...

Ashleigh from Insurance Sourcde of Naples

Great for Confirmation and Easy to Use

Very good. I love the record keeping it enables our office to utilize, and I can show clients of ours when faxes are not being received to ease any frustration they might have regarding our service. I also like being able to go through older faxes on the webpage. As a manager I need to be able to see when our employees sent items, or make sure they are following up to see that faxes went through. This program gives me the ability to do so.

Pros

I have the ability to see when and why a fax did not go through and I can print or upload images regarding the success of a fax to a client file. In our industry, being able to prove something was sent or received could be the difference between being liable or not.

Cons

I have a hard time using the fax from email feature (like actually using my emails to send out a fax). The email is difficult to remember, especially since we used another service provider before for many years. I like using the website better.

Reasons for Switching to mFax

The tech company we use to service our systems and computers no longer recommended the above and had us switch to Documo.

mFax Has Saved me

was looking for a good fax platform to get all my clients that was easy to use and even that, the program need to be HIPPA Complaint and cost effective. I thinks I hit the lotto when I found this company.

Pros

- The most I have liked is the console management, the ease of use of the interface. The ease of management of multiple accounts and the excellent support.

Cons

- The error resolutions book is a lil bit tricky to get used to.

Reasons for Choosing mFax

Hippa Compliance and the openess to sign a BAA.

Reasons for Switching to mFax

BAA Agreement, Hippa Compliance, Ease of use.

Lupe from Hdz Insurances

Field agent review

Faxing with email. Combining files to one PDF

Pros

The website product is very easy to use. We operate most of it through email programs. The ability to combines files to one PDF was a game changer for our office. I am sure there are other features available but we make the most of the features we use most.

Cons

The system is able to give a total count of pages sent at the end of the bill cycle. It would be helpful to know the count during the cycle.

Faxing through email

Brian from University of Wisconsin-Superior

M-Fax software

I am replacing all of the fax machines on campus. The MFAX easy to use and eliminates the analog fax machines problems with the ATA convertors. I have heard no complaints about the systems from my end users.

Pros

Ease of deployment for the admins, very easy to use. The end user does not require much training, simple to use.

Cons

I don't like the way the software saves, it is confusing when the window does not close after hitting save.

Reasons for Choosing mFax

I liked the interface and the end user layout.

Shannon from KwiKom Communications

Industry: Wireless

Compaired to what we had before this is amazing platform and look forward to future developments and changes that improve the FaxBridge / portal capabilities

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, as well as the security features and compliance

Cons

I do not like how the FaxBridges operate on Microtik routers There are still a few bugs but between me and mFax we are gradually working those out

Reasons for Switching to mFax

Clunky antiquated software Support team took days to answer, and months to port

Himanshu from Swahim Consultants Pvt. Ltd.

Ease of Sending Fax

Pros

mFax is the most convenient software to use in comparison to other software. The simple process of inserting a fax number and various options to attach a file makes it very simple and easy to use. Customer Service of an organization makes it stand apart from competition and mFax has never disappointed us in this domain as well. Kudos to team mFax.

Cons

The fax status report delivery is bit slow.

noe from OIT, LLC

mfFax makes Faxing look EASY!

Pros

Very reliable, easy to communicate with Tech support, and most importantly how easy to use! I rarely have to walk any of our clients through on how to use it. I think that is the biggest Pro anyone can say.

Cons

Make it more understandable to read when looking at Events (Logs)

Kevin from Wible Lumber

Industry: Furniture

Great product for a specialized niche

The FaxBlast feature allows me to quickly message a select group of customers at once. This has saved a tremendous amount of time with phone calls and visits to communicate with them.

Pros

All of my customer utilize their fax machine as a way to order and communicate. Using mFax has allowed us to place our advertising in front of our customers without interrupting their day. It also allows us to quickly send a message from our desktop to their fax machine without interrupting our workflow. I would highly recommend this product for ease of use.

Cons

This product is so easy to use the amount of faxes that were sent quickly piled up. Especially when using the FaxBlast feature. I would highly recommend counting your fax usage among the group and purchase the right package.

Ryan from Techryan, Inc.

Great service and software for virtual faxing offered to our VoIP clients.

We searched for a very long time to find the right provider to fill a void in our service, that being hosted fax. We are very pleased with all features and functionality and appreciate being a whitelabel partner with MFax.

Pros

Easy to use with great functionality. Reliable. Good pricing.

Cons

We cannot find any reason to dislike your software or service.

Reasons for Switching to mFax

Improved reliability and feature rich, which our previous provider could not provide.

Jason from CSX Cloud

Secure Fax

Excellent experience and easy to use.

Pros

Excellent replacement for legacy fax machines. Support’s paperless policy and provides easier and more secure solution.

Cons

Cannot modify bulk user email address when domains change

Stephanie from Every Child, Inc.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great for Work From Home Positions

When I first transitioned to working from home during the COVID pandemic, having quick access to incoming faxes was crucial to my job performance. This software was easy to use and quick to get setup. It has made working from home manageable by having a trusted fax system in place.

Pros

It's extremely easy to use and set up and I like that faxes come directly to my email in-box, I never have to search for them.

Cons

I feel like it's takes somewhat longer to send out a fax using this software than it does with a traditional in-office fax machine. It's not a major setback, just something I have noticed.

Donna from Midwest Orthopaedics Institute

Most reliable functions

faxing documents to commty hospitals. receive an email when successful and also when unsuccessful.

Pros

I like that it is a user friendly program.

Cons

still learning to add the phone numbers that i use daily

Jennifer from CredentialGenie

Excellent, easy set-up and easy to use!

Pros

I like the ability to sent multiple faxes at a time, also love the drag and drop features.

Cons

None so far, everything seems to be good

Features, and functionality

Katie from Education

Make your faxing life easier!

It's been crucial for managing my healthcare. Well worth the $9 a month.

Pros

I have been needing to manage and coordinate my own health care for the past year, faxing orders and test results from office to office, as the doctors I am working with do not communicate directly, and results are critically time-sensitive. Being able to do this without an actual fax machine has been crucial, and mfax is reliable and has made this challenging job doable.

Cons

Occasionally faxes will not go through, but this usually seems to be a problem on the receiving end.

Reasons for Switching to mFax

I wanted a service where I could store numbers and where I did not have stringent page limits.

Michael from Grand Strand Dermatology

health care office

overall the use of mFax has helped out our office, by streamlining the faxing process for the front desk and the nurses

Pros

the ability to import the faxes into the charts with out printing cut down on a lot of double work and seed the process up

Cons

i have not found an issue with the software yet

the price

len from Goossen and Associates CgA

Replace a machine

no problems , occasionally have to retry , not sure if its recipients

Pros

easy to use and set up , monthly billing convenient

Cons

have to sign in each time should stay on

James from Howard Fertilizer

Industry: Chemicals

Pros

The ease of use is top notch, our end users are very happy with this product.

Cons

Once we got through the end user training we haven't had an issue.

Julie from Hupy & Abraham

I recommend mFax

Very happy with mFax; I use it daily and highly recommend it.

Pros

I really like the ease of use, especially with resends.

Cons

Not as easy to personalize as paper faxes

Chad from Branson Ticket Store, LLC

Great Fax Service!

Pros

Easy to use interface and robust API. Price is competitive with other services.

Cons

I wish there was an api reference for Adobe ColdFusion but we were able to figure it out.

Johnathan from Handcrafted Solutions

Great Software for the Legacy Fax Services

Being able to continue to still fax in this decade.

Pros

Simple interface and works as it is supposed to. Never had an issue.

Cons

No con with mFax, mostly still asking myself why I email to fax, just to have the other side fax to email. Why could they just accept my email, guess that is why I use mFax.

Rachel from edge communications

simple

Pros

user interface is fairly simple to use, easy set up

Cons

porting process - finding scheduled ports and orders

David from BAE Networks

Amazing product and team!

Nothing but positive. I haven't run into any hiccups in service.

Pros

mFax is an amazing product that is backed by an exceptional team. So easy to use it is almost effortless.

Cons

I haven't found any cons. This has been nothing but a pleasure to use.

Kacee from McMullin Legal Group

Industry: Law Practice

Pros

It's very easy to log on and send a fax. The cover page is clean and it makes my job easy and fast.

Cons

The only con I can think of about the program is just how long it takes sometimes to find out the fax was unsuccessful.

Charles from TelNet Worldwide

mFax Digital Fax Solution

My experience is always wonderful when working with mFax and their support team.

Pros

I like most the ease of the platform for managing any number of users, either for internal customer or for reselling the service.

Cons

I least like removing numbers from the platform and if they need to be added back. Support is usually needed to add a number back.

Reasons for Switching to mFax

Better platform and no longer supportable

Brenda from Direction Home of Eastern Ohio

Industry: Individual & Family Services

The Positive Experience of Using mFax

Dependable with excellent notification time, and very easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use, dependable, quick response to sent or problem fax transmission.

Cons

Nothing, I enjoy using this product and encourage others to do the same.

Angie from Crane 1 Services, Inc.

Industry: Machinery

Great Service

Great product.

Pros

Like the ease of use. Can add a cover letter if needed or not. Easy to train others to use. Easy to set-up new users and get new numbers.

Cons

No cons... like everything about this product.

Carla from Vida Real Home Care

MFax

Pros

I love that everything is electronic about it. You pick and choose what you need to print, save, or ignore. The greatest thing is the customer service. A live person will chat with you and answer any questions. All customer service reps I have encountered have been knowledgeable and friendly.

Cons

There might be a little glich when you add files. Sometimes the file isn't added if you used the drag file option. You have to select the file.

Cost effective

Reasons for Switching to mFax

Lower cost and all online/electronic

Sue from Burke Warren

Excellent software

Pros

It is very simple and easy to use, very self-explanatory.

Cons

There is really nothing that I dislike. It has always worked for me and I have never had any issue.

Teri from McMullin Legal Group

Daily Use

Its been great. Love the product.

Pros

Its easy, quick, reliable, and user friendly.

Cons

There is nothing I really dislike about it.

Tyler from NAV Systems, Inc.

mFax brings fax to the 21st Century

Pros

-easy to implement and use -lots of valuable features -fast and customizable

Cons

There is nothing I don’t like about mFax at this time.

Vernon from Transamerica Financial Advisors, Inc.

Ease of use

Pros

easy to find history of faxes incoming and outgoing

Cons

sometimes a delay in receiving fax, but the notification helps

Eleanor from Direction Home of Eastern Ohio

mFax Review

The benefits is that you can maintain a copy of all your outgoing and incoming faxes in you email. As an administrator of mFax, it is very easy to set-up users.

Pros

Dragging and dropping the attachments to be added to the fax. The ease in which to setup users. The ability to add another person to a fax number. That being able to copy and paste the printer driver. Having the different choices to pick your fax cover page.

Cons

You could not view the fax before you sent it. When there is a duplicate fax number added there should be some notification of duplications. I don't really understand the tags. Although I don't use them on a regular bases. I know it is a time saver for people who fax on a daily bases to multiple groups. Not sure if the individual information populates on to the fax cover page.

Reasons for Choosing mFax

Functionality and the company was willing to accommodate our needs if necessary.

Reasons for Switching to mFax

We needed something internet based. You can fax from different environments. Within your document, from the internet and from your email. When training staff you can offer three different ways to fax. This gives the users options.

Brittany from Glasshouse Systems

Easy to use Digital Fax Software

Pros

Easy to use, PDF format is convenient for forwarding to appropriate recipient

Cons

Slight lag on receiving documents, not very attractive interface