What are Badger Maps users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Badger Maps software through verified user reviews

• icon"It displays information quickly and clearly. The training links are helpful and the site is pretty user friendly."
  • icon"Badger maps gives you a visual of all your customers and prospects and helps you map out a route quickly and easily."
  • icon"The ease of use is wonderful. This was a quick and easy transition from MS streets and trips."
  • icon"If I don’t remember to contact you monthly I don’t get a receipt. Receipts should be automatic once customers are charged each month."
  • icon"Not anything that I would say was bad about it."
  • icon"I used to get so confused and annoyed at the beginning of my day because I had so many different applications that I relied on."

Browse all Badger Maps Reviews

• Have you used Badger Maps and would like to share your experience with others?

Elwin

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Great for basic tracking

Sara

This is hands down the best app I've ever used.

Pros

The convenience and ease of the app. It simplifies my travel and saves me so much time. I do traveling nursing and this app keeps everything I need to document and chart correspondence all together and easy to find. What would normally take me at least an hour to track my day and document communication between patients is now only taking maybe 10-15 min. If I need to change something it's just as easy to modify on the go without having to reevaluate my entire day.

Cons

I love everything about it! Maybe if there were one thing I could think of and it really isn't that much of a dislike but more so something that would be handy is the ability to lock in a time of visit so that it would have to be that time and move other visits around those ones.

Response from Badger Maps

Hi Sara, Thanks so much for your amazing review! It's great to hear that Badger saves you so much time. About your last point, you can indeed lock in a time for a specific appointment and have Badger plan all other meetings around it. When you see your current route, just change and select a certain time for the meetings you have fixed and optimize your route from there. Feel free to give us a call at 415 592 5909 if you have any questions!

Replied February 2018

Lauren

Industry: Medical Devices

April 2022

Best app I've tried

Using Badger has made me infinitely more effective in my day-to-day

Pros

The time I spend route planning now is cut to a fraction of what it was before. You can map basically as many points as you need to in one route, which I haven’t seen any other app do. I’ve been using the map filtering feature a lot as well, which helps me visualize everything and strategize a bit better. Overall super useful and time-saving.

Cons

Haven't really encountered any cons, customer service is on it if you need help

Steve

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Frustrated, disapponted, angered, and now indifferent...

Ability to route my day and choose the most time effiicient path.

Pros

The traffic abilities from the map screen and being able to route my day and or territory.

Cons

Badger has had a poor ability to reliably keep notes that I have entered. I have been frustrated losing key info on numerous occasions. I stopped reporting the issue because it kept happening so often. I do have to keep separate notes with key contact data because I cannot trust that the info will be there when I need it from Badger. The red map points of accounts I have on the map will often have to be tapped several times for the account to be accessed. The action will either stop and not load or the app will switch to the blue Google badge. I have made the request at least twice in the past that the red account points need to be larger so that they can be accessed easier and not covered up by a blue location points. I know how to turn off the blue Google points but, I would like to have these locations present on the screen and have access if I choose. Why can't the red points just be larger on every screen? I.e. When I magnify the map screen the red points are often covered by the blue Google points or badges and I have to press items several times to find the red account badge.....I have worked for several companies and have experienced numerous types of CRM-like systems. Badger has probably been the most frustrating and unreliable to work with.

Christina

Industry: Plastics

Senior outside sales with a large territory

I now have mapped all 147 clients and I am able to record all calls as well as impress my Supervisor with the details on my weekly call reports

Pros

I was struggling to get to all my clients on a regular basis and also find new prospects. With Badger I have been able to maintain person contact as well as locate new prospects in the call area.

Cons

It was a bit hard to get started because of all the features. But I quickly learned that using my computer instead of trying to do everything on my cellphone definitely made learning a lot faster

Robert

Industry: Printing

Route Planning Simplified

I dumped an entire csv file of cold leads from sales genie into Badger and then gave them all ratings etc. then I was able to strategically plan daily and weekly routes to maximize my sales efforts in the field and minimize drive time. This software helps make sure that you leave no stone un-turned in the sales field!

Pros

Has one of the highest stops per route allowed in the industry, most other software companies limit you to 12-16 stops per route, Badger gives you 23. Very easy to use on desktop and mobile, this app has saved me so much time on the road from planning routes to visualizing and prioritizing stops and tracking last check-in time etc. They also send you a CSV file each week of all of your activity which is excellent for going back and making sure you followed up on all actions needed.

Cons

I don't really have any cons after using this software for 3 months, it's all positive!

Antoinette

Perfect for routing a successful territory!

This has saved me hours of driving by using badger! If you are in outside sales and don’t already know your territory or geographically challenged I would highly recommend this app!

Pros

It was very easy to upload all my accounts from an excel spreadsheet. It imported all the important information that I need to make a successful call. I’m a visual person so having the pins on the map help me tremendously. I have just moved into the state that I’m working in, so I am very unfamiliar with the territory, but this app has saved me! I needed help so I emailed customer service and they responded very quickly and very friendly!

Cons

I still can’t figure out the lasso. I lasso my pins and it won’t allow me to save it and route my territory on my iPad. I will reach out to customer service, I just haven’t yet.

Kerby

Field Sales Essential

Essential and effective tool for field sales person. Virtual assistant and field sales management optimizer

Pros

The visual representation of my market space. The ability to canvass my market for opportunities from anywhere. The lassoing of of clients into routes automates my daily planning. The ability to capture and track key account information. The ability to track and weed out bad prospects. The ability search for specific entities and then have the visually represented by color on my map.

Cons

Wish I could search my catagories - specifically to identify key names within an account. Set a reminder and date for next follow up. Offline view of current route to use when out of cell coverage that also allows for saving captured data for uploading later.

Steven

Industry: Biotechnology

Field Sales Logistics - Smarter, Faster Targeting

Very positive so far as I go through the learning curve and customize the system to my needs. I think that is a crucial aspect of the system and it's value. Being able to customize and change how the system is used based on my dynamic and as sales opportunities present themselves. It makes me look like I am super organized and I am ok with taking the credit and silently praising Badger Maps.

Pros

The badger system provides a solution to the painful reality that plagues most field sales representatives. Planning your day/week to run your account route in a way that maximizes your results and time. No sales person enjoys spending countless hours putting together the logistics that Badger provides in a few minutes.

Cons

Would like to see grid lines or be able to define quadrants.

More than a route app

Excellent and actually love setting up my routes with the app

Pros

It is super easy to use does what it does better than any single app similar. CS is super responsive and helpful.

Cons

Because it's tied to google API there are limits..

Reasons for choosing Badger Maps

It actually helps me find more leads

Reasons for switching to Badger Maps

needed more than just a route manager

Michelle

Still learning and eager

Good so far but I’m not sure it’s worth the money at this point.

Pros

I like the tracking and note functions. I like that I can easily add customers and they uploaded a spreadsheet for me. I like the map feature to create a route.

Cons

I have a meeting set to walk through the software more throughly. But I want to add tasks to the calander and a follow up date, by clicking on a calander to select a date. I’d love a feature where I can take a pic of a business card and assign it to a customer. I’ve also only used the app.

Industry: Wholesale

Badger is an excellent sales tool indispensable in building and maintaining my account base.

Pros

I like the lasso feature to corral a certain segment of my existing customer base in order to create the most efficient routes to see my customers and this helps save gas, time, and money. In addition, I like the ability to map out a certain geographical area for potential prospects by using the "Places" feature to pick up additional prospects on the map not yet in my database of prospects or customers. By clicking on a blue pin on Google Maps, I can see potential accounts in my industry, research them on the web prior to going into the field, and weed out potential prospects that don't meet our criteria ahead of time. Likewise, This ability is a time and money saver that assists in lowering my overall cost of acquisition.

Cons

1) I use Mac devices and there seem to be features that are not ubiquitous across the Mac platform and devices. While this isn't a deal breaker, it would nice to work from any of the 3 Mac devices I use and have all bells and whistles present for a seamless transition in my processes. 2) Sometimes I forget to add specific details from a check-in and it would nice to edit or copy and paste additional information into the existing check-in without having to delete and recreate the check-in. 3) Google Pins are not lasso-able unless you add the potential prospects into Badger first. It would be nice to create a route and have the "places potential prospects" data lasso-able to add with my existing customers and prospects. 4) Weekly Checkins Reports- It would useful to have the ability to create a spreadsheet template that users can create from the data in the customer profiles specific to their needs in reporting. Instead, every week, I receive the CSV file Checkins report and then have to delete data columns and information not pertinent to my needs.

Wes

Small Sales force test and review

So far it has been a very good experience. It would be nice to minor crm type functionality build into the data entry.. i.e. if one field was a yes or no result, then it would trigger another field based on the result of yes.. Sale - "Yes", then to field "what skus sold" - drop down with skus..

Pros

I like the pictorial way it shows all my accounts and provides options to capture specific data points relevant to my business. We don't use a CRM so this is helpful for our small team and reporting. They optimization of the route is a great feature as well as the overlap of search results of industry accounts i.e. accounts not on my database but perhaps another segment of my business. So far the support has been very helpful.

Cons

the price is a little more than I feel it should be monthly for small teams that wouldn't utilize a crm interface. Use of the phone app is okay, however I would like to see it work on my laptop while mobile and connected to internet. When inputting data in form fields, the software doesn't technically get focus of the cursor into the fill in field. this is annoying since you use the mouse to click the form then use the mouse again to get focus of the cursor in the form then now able to type in the form field. I am thinking it should be more user friendly when entering data points for each of the accounts. When using chrome, the account location does not load.. It asks me if I own this website? g.co/streetviewerror/signature ??

Crystal

Best Routing Customization Sync & Customer Service

Time management, reporting & account tracking

Pros

Routing is my favorite feature. I can visual my travel on the map but most importantly I can plan my time. I couldn't function efficiently without this app. It calculates the miles for each route, I send my route to my calendar & add the miles for each day which makes tracking my mileage a breeze.

Cons

I don't like having to sync all fields for Badger to update my accounts. If i want to bulk update a single field for all accounts I should be able to without submitting all fields. The format & info on my external report of accounts changes. This created a problem with Badger recognizing the data. There needs to be a single identifier field such as the account number for the Sync to reference & an option to select the field you want to upgrate i.e. "LY Sales". I have not updated my account info because of this & therefore cannot take full advantage of the other options.

Luke

Best Sales Field App I've tried so far!

Pros

Badger Map is the best Sales App I've tried. The user interface is friendly and very customizable whether you are on your phone, tablet or computer. It really helped me planning my daily route when I'm out on the field to meet my clients. I also use Badger as a CRM, since you can write notes after your meetings, make sure you didn't forget the most important information with check-ins, receive reports of your activity. It just helped me so much that I hardly do anything without using Badger Maps. You can give it a try for free for a week or so on their website, so you can make an opinion based on your own experience. It really worth it.

Cons

One problem I initially had using Badger was importing my data. However, it turns out very easy to call their customer support and they fixed it for me. I honestly had very few customer experience like Badger. The staff is so friendly and effective (for both the two people I had on the phone). They've been able to handle my set of data very quickly so I could enjoy their software right away.

Kevin

Awesome App!

I began using Badger Maps when my company restructured and shifted more towards street level selling. Within the new structure, I have ~100 accounts that I must see on a regular basis. Badger helped me to map-out and route each of these accounts to have a consistent bi-weekly schedule in which I am not overwhelmed nor confused as to what accounts I have visited and when I visited. This platform allows me to input any data needed; I personally utilize it for: distribution, account owner’s information, taking notes about the account/follow up notes, when the account’s delivery day is, when the sales rep from the distributor visits the account, how large the account is from a sales volume perspective, the share of my products vs competition and the list goes on… On top of the fact that this app can house the data listed, it can also filter by the data and then show you geographically where those accounts are after the filter. From there you can create a route on the spot, optimize the route based on your geography and then you can begin targeting those accounts immediately. I would personally recommend this application to any and every one that is tasked with street level sales and wants to excel in their role. Badger has helped me to become the most successful sales rep on my team. I have since shared this app with the remainder of my team and it has continued to assist us all. This platform is more than worth the monthly subscription; I pay out of pocket (vs expensing through my company) in order to maintain its services. Btw…the customer service is top-notch. Every single issue I have had (mostly due to me not understanding) has been addressed in a very timely fashion and the agent has been nothing but polite and helpful. I hope you can find it as useful as I have!

Kristen

Setting up badger maps has been really fun, the customer service is insane, so nice, they laugh:)

I now know about active and inactive clients, can see all of my clients on a map, categorized in various ways, I can answer any question about our routes, and I'm saving a lot of money. We've been looking for a comprehensive CRM software for awhile, and weirdly this fits the bill! We can finally attach our clients to their delivery addresses and see them on a map; this is very useful to show investors our successes and guide the marketing team to fill in the gaps; it also incentivizes our haulers to push for sign-ups in the "gap areas" to make their per-stop income higher! I also have the benefit of exporting the data easily into excel or for our bike haulers, into a fitness app where they can track their calories burned and miles biked on the route. Overall joy with Badger!

Pros

So many! Integrating all of the client data with the stops is really helpful, by having that information I was able to re-coup several hundred dollars by noticing people who had been continuing to receive service, but hadn't paid. I love to lasso function, that grabs stops and mass updates them; while this software is meant for field sales it's perfect for a curbside composting company or anyone who does a TON of deliveries.

Cons

It's too good?? Sometimes I just want to do something manually, but Badger wants me to go the quick way - it's definitely better but requires that your data set is immaculate. I definitely suggest perfecting the data set with only what you want before importing into Badger...but that's an important project anyway!

Maurice

From A to Z I love it.

Helps us to visit our customers on right time periods and less preperation time for it, less paperwork,shorter travel around.

Pros

When I look at the map while driving,I can easily see which prospect or customer around and act on spot in out of a daily plans.

Cons

1-There is no toggle all on and off features for Places. 2-Visualize features are great with weekly check-in reports,but adding additional alert or alarm that applicable to each and every customer for remind you with their special occasions, would be nicer.It is hard to remember that if I have to celebrate customer' birthday after three days of the last visit or check out the bank account after two days to see if they paid their last invoice.With weekly report basically missing the point.

Anna

Made my marketing much easier and spend less time planning, more time doing

No need to spend time trying to plan stop ins when u don't even know if you will have time to do them. Can be more spantenious and go with the flow of day still getting the most out of the day.

Pros

Easy map view. Makes it extremely convenient to plan marketing stops without spending a ton of time and can be accomplished on the go when your schedule/ plans changed at last moment. Also, the fact that changes/ entry's can be made on the go, makes it very efficient way of updating your progress with a lead.

Cons

No good way to set to do/ reminder lists. This is actually very important feature I am looking for. If there is a map based system like badger that offers convenient way of managing marketing related to do's, I would consider switching to a different service. I do live badger, but not having a good plan for following up with leads, is a very big negative.

Mobile app review: iPhone wins it!

Overall it is one of the best organizational tools I've used!

Pros

Badger Maps is a lot faster and remembers your selected information whenver you close and re-open the app. The lasso upgrade is a lot better than before. Easy to manage clients by color codes and many other options!

Cons

It's not as great on Android phones, in my opinion. The Android version does not remember the information you select, so whenever you close the app and re-open it, everything resets. This has been ongoing for a while. I know many other users with the same issue. Sometimes, when clicking/tapping a pin, it is glitchy.

Katarina

Look no further than Badger!!!

Using BadgerMapping has been instrumental in the growth of my business over the last two years! Owning a at home jewelry repair, cleaning, and delivery service especially in a dense and crowded city such as San Francisco can be very difficult and time consuming! Having adapted Badger to my daily routine has saved so much time as well as money! Would definitely recommend this app to anyone in the field of sales! (Also another plus is it works great with Salesforce)

Pros

Maximizes amount of clients I can cater to, and optimizes my routes which result in me saving money on expenses such as gas!

Zac

Industry: Medical Devices

Super easy to use and was a tool that I used everyday as a sales person to maximize my time

efficiency and peace of mind

Pros

- System was extremely easy to use on the desktop or in the app - App was great to have while on the road - Print out of routes and optimizes to best possible route

Cons

-I wish I could create routes for multiple days. -I would like to manually type notes into my route destination; this would be helpful if i have someone riding with me and i wanted to give them some context - I wish I could export the contacts i had in Badger along with the notes, check-ins and category

Maureen

Excellent experience but feel like some of the questions on check in need to be updated.

Locations of important retailers, easy access to phone numbers and email addresses, history on last call and what was covered with the end of the week report. Help with finding new accounts in the areas I am visiting or cold calling.

Pros

The ease in which you can look an account up and get there phone number, email address or location. Also love being able to see area stores and gas stations when needed.

Cons

The questions on check in are weak and we are required in our group to do this process. They need to be more to the point and less vague.

Janea

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

A godsend for a newbie in a brand new territory

I’m really grateful I had this platform when I started a new job in a ten state territory. I was going to completely new places and had an overwhelming client list that I needed to introduce myself too. I could not have gone into this experience with the sense of confidence that I had without this platform. It is terrific for organizing your time along a route. I maximize my stops and am able to plan where my hotel stays are going to be. A perfect companion if you are a traveling salesperson that is covering a wide area and is also perfect if you are pinpointing multiple calls in a busy metropolitan area. There are features I have not yet mastered. The visualize component allows you to filter and visually color code accounts. It’s awesome, but hard for me to wrap my non-techie mind around. I need to spend some time with it.

Pros

I love the routing feature. I can alter my routes on the spot while sitting in my car. It syncs perfectly with Google maps. I love that I can optimize my route and determine how many stops I can cram into a work day. The upload feature is fantastic and the system allows you to add additional client data that you can use as a sorting and color coding tool. This tool is most useful to me in my advance travel planning.

Cons

The price recently went up and this was hard to convince my manager that it was worthwhile. The price increase was exorbitant on a percentage level. But, I’ve grown dependent on having this tool at my fingertips and overall, it is worth it. There are some flexibility issues when trying to create a route. I wish I could use the optimize tool with more flexibility by building in appointments and working around the set appointments. But, when I hit the optimize key, it sorts out of my appointment times. I also wish I could make some accounts “invisible” so that I could dial into a specific area with the lasso without selecting every single account.

My experience has been spectacular so far. I've needed this program for a while now.

I was able to save a lot of time by just hitting the leads that are clustered closer together. This is very efficient.

Pros

Overall this software has treated me well. I love that it creates the shortest distance between routes via an optimization option. I never had to upload a excel spreadsheet and was able to get help from the customer service department. Great service. So worth every penny.

Cons

A couple things to improve on would be including the removal/addition of tolls when using the maps section via google maps. This will help better the optimization when not using tolls. If there was a way to change the color of the PinDrop to synchronize with the number of times I hit that lead. So if I was able to click an option to say visited already and it turns blue for example. Now I don't have to double check on my end again everytime.

Response from Badger Maps

Thanks so much for your great review! To filter and colorize by days since last visit, have you tried using the Check-in feature in Badger? Creating a check-in after each visit allows you to see accounts on the map in a different color once you've seen them. If you need any help with that or have questions, just give us a call at 415 592 5909 or email us at support@badgermapping.com. Thanks!

Replied February 2018