All BuildOps Reviews

Barbara

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

overall Work tool

PROS

In the competitive world of commercial construction, efficiency and organization are not just desired but essential for success. As a project manager in a thriving commercial contracting firm, I've always sought solutions to streamline our field service operations, but finding a tool that met our complex and ever-evolving needs was a challenge. That is, until we discovered BuildOps. BuildOps has been nothing short of a revelation for our firm, transforming our field service management from a patchwork of disconnected systems to a unified, cloud-based powerhouse. The software's intuitive interface, comprehensive suite of features, and seamless integration with our existing workflows have empowered us to manage our projects, teams, and resources with unparalleled efficiency and effectiveness. One of the most significant benefits of BuildOps is its ability to centralize all project-related information into a single, easily accessible platform. From project bids and contracts to daily logs and change orders, everything is stored in one place, eliminating the need for scattered spreadsheets and endless email chains. This has not only saved us countless hours of searching for documents but has also ensured that everyone on the team is always working from the most up-to-date information. If you're looking for a way to elevate your commercial contracting business to new heights, BuildOps is the solution you've been searching for. Embrace the power of cloud-based technology and experience the transformative impact of BuildOps today!

CONS

it still have a few glitches. There are somethings we still need to ask. But they are ironing them out

Reasons for switching to BuildOps

This is more user friendly. Easier in the field

Frank

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees

Great experience from the Beginning

Changing operating systems is never easy. However, when you pick the right partner, even during some implementation struggles, we worked together as a team and had a great experience. Just solid people to wortk with.

PROS

We were one of the first client to partner with Build Ops. Their employees and support team have become part of our family. We are true partners. Having a very transparent relationship allows us to push each other to become better every day.

CONS

PMA module at the beginning. However, year 2 they made great progress and continue to improve.

Reason for choosing BuildOps

Their commitment and our team clicked right from the start.

Reasons for switching to BuildOps

Our current system did not have a lot of flexibility and we needed more capabilites as we grew to run the business more efficiently.

Bo

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Bo's review

I have to use Buildops all day every day. I have had a good experience with Buildops. If I need anything answered [sensitive content hidden] points me in the right direction.

PROS

[sensitive content hidden]. He has made the transition easy

CONS

There is nothing I do not like about Buildops yet.

Jana

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Growing With BuildOps

A year into the process, it is interesting that we continue to need almost daily support / find items to be addressed.

PROS

Invoicing seems to be faster than prior to using this system.

CONS

I feel that understanding what we do on the end user (accounting / billing )side was not explored fully prior to go live. Also, getting all user groups on board with the flow of information is vital to the success of this system.

Reasons for switching to BuildOps

This software was selected to better cater to the service side of our company, as opposed to the construction side.

Dorothy

Reviewed November 2023

Chief Financial Officer

I could not be happier with my decision to enter a partnership with Buildops. They have exceeded our expectation with streamline design, integration with our previous software and Quickbooks and most of all the customer support is prompt and professional. I highly recommend Buildops because they are consistently innovating with the newest technology. Their Platform has allowed our company to streamline and become more efficient with our processes. They are always open for the client to give suggestions on how to make their product better. Their overall product is top-notch, but more over, they understand and care about their clients needs!

PROS

User friendly modules, especially the dispatching and the mobile app for Techs. The job/service module is well structured with the ability to have everything at your fingertips without having close out or go into a different module.

CONS

The pricebook currently does not have a search feature and reporting feature which would be beneficial when updating pricing.

Reason for choosing BuildOps

Simpro sales group sold us on a product, but did not deliver

Reasons for switching to BuildOps

Old technology, deficient in all aspects of their platform.

Jackie

No regrets - Great product

GREAT Implimentaion and learning of new software is always going to be stressful, but in my opionion this experience did not have me overwhelmed, everything was explained, no question was too stupid (and I asked alot of questions), and not affraid to say if they don't know the answer.....but they will find it for you I wouldn't say it was a fun experience, but we had some fun during the process. The team at BuildOps come with knowledge and great personalities. The follow up and support is great.

PROS

The intergration between the mobile/technicians and the Office/web has provided us with the ability to monitor job status & invoice in a more timely manner with less time/material errors. Dispatching is easy and is instantanious to the tech. Ability to add job notes and forms, customer notes & property notes is very helpful. Great Customer service - advising of updates, support for issues with timely response, willingness to take customer/user ideas for future enhancements and making continuous improvements to the system.The efficiency of the program (over the last one used) probably save the hiring of a person in the office.

CONS

Overall theres nothing major on the dislike list, there are a few places that still need tweaking Defaulting tax, vendor section could be better (but is functional), better admin access to certain functions and template designs would be a plus Implimentation had a few problems the biggest one to overcome was we were set to switch just as covid shut down the world, so we went from having on site to remote set up. BuildOps manged to get it all set up, train the staff via zoom and lots of calls and we were up and running within the timelines provided. We did experience a few issues with the accounting because of the previous software but BuildOps worked with us and found the right people to help with the situation

Reason for choosing BuildOps

Management reviewed many options, when it was narrowed down to a couple I was included in the final review. BuildOps integration with mobile, comprehensive dispatch board, customer set up and invoicing sold me. Management and accounting liked the intergration with Quick Books ( used prior to switch to Jonas)

Reasons for switching to BuildOps

The product we were using was not user friendly, did not have a fully functional mobile aspect (not app based) had many redundacies and limited functionality, constant errors after updates and limited customer service made us start reconsidering ( only a year in)

Braxton

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Braxton's review of buildops

holding crews accountable holding myself and management team accountable to make sure everything is done correctly.

PROS

I like being able to do quotes and push them over to a schedule once its approved its a very easy process.

CONS

not being able to make changes from my phone in the field.

Reason for choosing BuildOps

I was given the opportunity to be apart of the team that was making the product to customize it to my needs.

Ken

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

BuildOps offers great features to help managet Techs and projects

Overall, BuildOps seems very adaptable to our needs. Tech Support is readily available to assist with issues that mostly turn out to be user error. BuildOps allows us to make suggestions to their Development Team. These suggestions can make what we consider improvements or new features to the system to allow us to operate the software more efficiently.

PROS

BuildOps allows us to see the status of the Field Techs live and at a glance. We can better manage our staff as it is not difficult to see total hours worked in a week by individual. Quoting is very customizable and adaptive to our needs.

CONS

There are some issues that we, as new users of the system, need to work out and those can be challenging. But those issues are more due to our Company's learning curve than a problem with Build Ops

Reason for choosing BuildOps

Ease of use and ability of customization.

Reasons for switching to BuildOps

We were using multiple systems that would double the data entry necessary to do the job that was not "real-time". We wanted to keep our Techs and Office Staff doing their job, not doubling up on paperwork.

Lindsey

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Best scheduling software!

PROS

I like how user friendly it is. I also like how well the search engine works.

CONS

The service agreement portion of BuildOps could be easier for billing purposes.

Ezra

BuildOps review

PROS

I like that many parts of my job have been automated making it easier.

CONS

Buildops does not allow for many mistakes. Editing mistakes is very difficult especially when first implementing the program. The integration with Quickbooks took 6 months with multiple issues. The planned maintenance agreement needs a lot more work to ease the use of it. I wish there was a way to indicate to dispatch when one was ready to schedule for the month.

Zach

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Overall, very pleased with BuildOps.

PROS

Time tracking, flexibility to add our reports into the software.

CONS

Not being able to rearrange items on invoices. Not being able to select all items to be marked as taxable items. Its very time consuming to have to click into each item. When adding an item, having to click inside the box to start typing item numbers.

Reason for choosing BuildOps

I did not, my [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did.

Reasons for switching to BuildOps

Needed to find a better product to better suit our needs.

Gregg

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

BuildOps

Overall, I like the product. The support is great.

PROS

The people. Everyone is extremely responsive. We actually meet and discuss the product, likes and dislikes and how to improve it. The support is second to none.

CONS

In general, some changes could be approached differently. To specify, deleting a function, page or feature is never my preference. I would rather see additions without removals. The specific problem occurs when you effect customer workflows. Time is money. As a specific example Followups was a very good feature. I really dislike using the visits view for managing. It is slower. It also leaves opportunity to miss billings.Another issue I have seen is that there is not a provision in the BuildOps structure for a "Hot Fix". This is relevant for dealing with very minor issues efficiently. As an example, an improperly sizing popup window does not need to go back through engineering as the base code is not changing; only a parameter value. This fix can and should be done more efficiently.

Reason for choosing BuildOps

It seemed to check all boxes

Reasons for switching to BuildOps

Wintac was bought out and its support was ending. We were looking for a software that did both construction and service. We first purchased a software that turned out to be very dated. After many training sessions, we cancelled our agreement.

Tim

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Build Ops- Hands down the best product for subcontractor teams!!

This is literally my fourth time around with some type of field service platform and I almost gave up. I just didn't think that it existed. I am beyond satisfied with BuildOps. Its easy and and most important, it is clear. The actual implementation was painless and I loved working with the team. having spent time in the trenches and having contractors on the team made all the difference. They knew the business inside and out and that made the software so much more intuitive. Other software providers just don't have the Contractor experience on the table. The weekly view and ability to schedule months out is revolutionary for us. Regular updates and amazing updates keep things moving in exactly the right direction. If you want well structured software, do yourself a favor, and take a hard look at BuildOps.

PROS

Super simple and easy to navigate around. The buttons and color scheme make it hard to mess up- even for non tech guys like the guys I have in the field and office. Schedule and planning in advance are huge. The Dispatch board is hands down the best dispatch board around. Compare their dispatch board to any other software and you will see its light years ahead of the game with the multiple techs and expanded view. The recurring services is massive and OCR is truly new age tech. My techs love the notes and asset history info on every job and the ability to see everything about every job and its past history with the click of a button. the time tracking functionality is the best native experience for an integrated time tracking solution I have seen out there and the photo video ability to do 10 of them or more at a time and still keep moving on the jobs blows every one else out of the water. Just a really seamless suite of amazing features that all make things so much easier and more importantly make us more profitable.

CONS

The team is second to none and I am happy with everything that they have communicated and delivered.

Reason for choosing BuildOps

They are way ahead of any other software available. If you are a sub and do service work, put these guys at the top of the top of your list. The customer service is unreal, you will love the BuildOps team.

Sam

Construction, 51-200 employees

Simple and Intuitive User Interface

We very happy with our BuildOps experience, from implementation through our first year they have been very hands-on and trying to help us form our processes and in turn help them grow their software to suit us and other customers. We would definitely recommend BuildOps.

PROS

We loved the simple and intuitive user interface buildops offers. Also loved the scheduling and dispatch tools. Our techs picked up the app extremely well. Love that Buildops is constantly improving the software.

CONS

Invoicing needs some work, but they are improving that. Quoting and Servicing Agreements could also use some help, but like I said they seem to be working on improving all those functions.

Marianne

Reviewed May 2023

BuildOps makes worklife so much better!

From the start of learning BuildOps our team was trained in person and over the phone for weeks/months after. The training is wonderful. When ever we needed help trainers took time to show us step by step how to work the system or if there were any issues they were just a phone call away.

PROS

BuildOps is a very easy product to use. I like being able to pull reports when needed for budgets. The quote to job to visits has a nice flow. The system allows us to go back in forth within each very easily. Time management to each job is great. At any time we can pull a job to see which crew members and how much time was spent on that job. Job costing is very clear as well.

CONS

I want to be able to change the colors to indicate different types or jobs/workorders. Same with the drop down from the jobs tab. It would be easier to see looking for certain types of jobs/workorders.

Reasons for switching to BuildOps

The previous system wasn't able to change to fit our needs.

Matt

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Review of the Year

Overall it has made our lives easier and less paperwork is required for successful jobs

PROS

Overall ease of use and customer support is quick to remedy any issues

CONS

Initial startup issues and lack of hierarchy system

Build Ops was focused more on our Industry

Focused platform for our Industry

Reviewed July 2023

Great Trade Company Platform

Overall a good platform for all our needs we would like a few more features for an all-in-one platform but their support team is amazing.

PROS

Its a great platform to keep up with service work and construction projects, as well as financial data

CONS

CC payments cant be toggled, no estimating for construction projects at this time, charged per user.

Reason for choosing BuildOps

features available for the cost.

Logan