GoCanvas Software Reviews

GoCanvas Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2022

Find out more:

• icon"Inexpensive to start and easy to understand. I was able to use it more effectively after understanding how the app creation works."
  • icon"We do a lot of different kind of projects and GoCanvas helps us to create and manage the forms we need to complete our work successfully."
  • icon"Saves us so much time , money, I cant believe that we did business with out it. This product has made my life easy with the workers in the field."
  • icon"Some forms do not open correctly which is embarrassing when the client informs you of this."
  • icon"Sometimes we have to triple check the data that we upload, the minimal error on the file can cause the app to crash."
  • icon"Not being able to add users without totally resetting your license renewal is easily the worst licensing system imaginable. I have tried to think of a worse one, but never could."

All GoCanvas Reviews

Canvas has significantly improved our operation, increased productivity and less redundancies

Canvas has cut out so many redundancies in our business and is extremely versatile. It has been fun getting creative with the workflow. Not to mention the endless advantages for remote use and management.

Pros

The fact that Canvas takes away so much extra leg work behind the scenes, freeing up time for our employees to focus energy on more critical tasks.

Cons

The only recommendation I would have is to make functional improvements on multiple departments or groups sharing the same apps and functions. For example, a franchise group with several locations that need to keep consistency with apps across the locations

Jackie

Industry: Utilities

GoCanvas Forms

We have replaced an older form program with GoCanvas and opened up options to other departments. Their support has been very attentive to our needs and questions.

Pros

The ease of creating forms and end user experience has made rolling out the software , well, easy. The departments are in charge of their own forms and any changes which avoids delays they would otherwise experience contacting IT.

Cons

Currently, there is not the ability to attach documents to the form. We have the need to include official documents to some of the forms that have been created. We are working around that by taking a photo which works in some cases.

Ease of use and cost

Reasons for switching to GoCanvas

The version of the software we had made editing the forms difficult to complete and unable to pull reports we were needing.

Brett

June 2022

Liars and Thieves

First, do not trust their customer service response time. They say 24 hours. Reality is 3-6 days. When they reply, expect emails of half answers. If you email them back, plan to wait 24-72 hours to get a response to that email. One thing to their credit is that they did admit that their salespeople lie. That takes some bravery. After they admitted they lied to get our business, they told me they would switch us to another product they owned that actually does what we were promised. All we had to do was give them $8000....

Pros

It is easy to use and intuitive. Form building is fast.

Cons

How could a data collection service exist but not allow people to reasonably access and use the data? This app should be free. It really is that limited. For example, if you use this app to make a form that estimates you counted 100 items and later discovered it was 102 items, on a VERY limited basis, you can go back and change from 100 to 102. But, if you actually used that base number for another calculation, don't think GoCanvas will recalculate after you changed the number. You have to do all of your own recalculations, It is ridiculous. Worse, the salespeople will promise anything. We trusted them, spent over 100 hours building the app and then found out we were lied to.

Reasons for choosing GoCanvas

Because we believed their lies.

Ted

September 2022

Retiring / Archiving Forms

With strong support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]and the others in GoCanvas support, we have been able to work through all out issues over the course of the last 5+ years since I have been working with The Land Stewards.

Pros

GoCanvas is a user-friendly platform that is a valuable tool for us. We primarily use GoCanvas at The Land Stewards for our SWPPP (Stormwater Pollution Prevention Planning) inspections. The thing I like most about the software is the speed at which a form captures the data we need in the field and the stability of the app's features.

Cons

The part I like the least about this software is the difficulty in creating / editing the PDF output from a form when building a new form. When the PDF prints from a printer it needs to look a certain way and designing a new form takes quite a bit of trial and error to resolve and get looking right.

Lena

Industry: Veterinary

April 2022

GoCanvas is a Temporary Scheduling Software Solution

I found GoCanvas to be a great software in general. It is easy to use and allows you to build forms, collect data, and transfer data to most any platform. It is easy to search and filter your information as well. I would have continued to use it if I were able to customize it to fit a grooming salon. I still would recommend it to others.

Pros

I liked how easy it is to create forms and implement them into our website. I like how the information is stored and sent to us, it is very easy to understand and sort.

Cons

The lack of customization to fit the pet industry.

Reasons for choosing GoCanvas

The price was better and it seemed easier to use.

Michelle

GoCanvas - who knew replacing forms with apps would be so easy

Our ability to capture, retain, analyze and share information quickly and clearly is better than it ever was with paper forms. From the start the help in setting up the programs and initial training made a very scary and intimidating process a breeze. I never have to go looking for paperwork only to find it incomplete and illegible. I have rarely been as satisfied with a software as I have been with this.

Pros

Extremely easy to build and use apps even for "non-tech" people. Powerful system allows you to build complex routing with ease PDF designer allows you to capture information you need for client while retaining all information you might need in the app for export and evaluation. They are always looking for ways to simplify and improve the program. They communicate changes well and consistently I don't have to read chicken scratch from techs anymore

Cons

Tech support to solve problems is not very deep or responsive.

Kenneth Bryan

Fastest & Easiest Automation Solution To Any Business!

I work as a solutions architect in my country and every business that I encounter gets this solution. I'm sure that a lot of businesses out there is still not aware of GoCanvas which is why I plan to share my experience to more people.

Pros

GoCanvas is one of the most disruptive technologies available in the market today. SMBs no longer have to rely on costly software development. You can deploy an app within minutes and that changes the game!

Cons

Pretty much nothing as their support team and community are very helpful.

Devin

The support that you receive if and when an issue is encountered is amazing.

Pros

Canvas manages to reduce the amount of physical paperwork to such a degree I don't know if we could ever go back to manually doing the majority of what we use it for again without some *major* pains across all departments.

Cons

While the platform works for most of what we would use it for there are some issues that are only evident when using it for various IT administrative functions; e.g. no fields for data formatting that is unique to an IT function like IP addressing requirements, limited support for handling handheld scanners, lack of time-stamping for what account has been updating what data, etc.

Mel

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

June 2022

So far everything has been great.

Pros

The Mobile, PDF Design and the BarCode scanning.

Cons

That it doesn’t connect directly with OneDrive or Microsoft Teams And that you can not group your forms into categories.

Meli

May 2022

Forms are easy and smart

This was my first software I have worked with that helped me digitize all our forms and that was very helpful in moving my company forward.

Pros

I enjoy the form fields are completely customizable and you can create a nice looking PDF with the final product.

Cons

I would of continued to use this product except I have to upload all the forms to the locations they need to be so for me I needed a software that did that.

Randy

Industry: Oil & Energy

Tablet to Old

I have used GoCanvas for about 8 years. I use it for in house inspections in the Exploration and Production of Natural gas. This meets the requirements of State tracking and OSHA tracking.

Pros

GoCanvas is a software that the user has most of the control over. You can create and customize your documents to fit your needs.

Cons

The first time use of any feature can be tricky. The pro to this con is there is always technical support. I used to like technical support better when you could pickup the phone and call rather that submitting the ticket and waiting for responses.

Reasons for choosing GoCanvas

I did not originally choose this. It has worked well and when the company that choose it sold us, I requested that we keep it.

Troy

Don’t buy and expect support

Friendly and helpful at the beginning and then the billing problems. Shortly thereafter support stopped. Have to wait days to get help.

Pros

Takes time to make the apps the way you want it, but can be powerful with time invested to setup. Data collection is solid. Lots of different functionality, but still needs other functions.

Cons

Submission reports are clunky and not as clean and customizable as I would like. No multi-photo uploads. Super expensive for companies wanting to scale quickly. They lock you in at rates for a year at a time and every time you grow they re-up the agreement without bulk discount rates. If you want support, be ready to leave lots of messages and then wait days for help. You will have to figure it out on your own basically. (Google is your friend.)

Reasons for choosing GoCanvas

Recommended to us by an employee. Helped us get our startup running, but now we regret using it.

Anthony

Industry: Mining & Metals

Good Work!

We record inspections, audits, training.

Pros

Ease of using the apps ease of building the apps Mobile function is excellent

Cons

I am unable to get any badges, banners, or sound notifications on my iphone.

Reasons for choosing GoCanvas

Ease of access and reportability.

Damian

Industry: Research

Covid App Review

Overall we would say that this has helped us in keeping track with Covid symptoms and temperatures. Did away with spreadsheets and made it very easy for end-users to report daily.

Pros

What we have found that we like the most is the ability to access this on mobile and workstations. Also, it is user friendly and very simple to use and customize to our requirements for COVID.

Cons

The software could use more granular controls on adding and removing people or changing roles and reporting to new supervisor/manager. Possibly deleting former employees as well since this data is no longer needed. Maybe also have backups of individual employees when they leave on vacation so that we can get immediate attention. Maybe also add in different alerts/notification schedules for those that work different shifts. Currently we have an alert setup for employees to submit form by 9am. The issue is that not everyone is awake and works different shifts.

Reasons for choosing GoCanvas

It fit out requirements, good features, and pricing.

Adanga

Industry: Chemicals

Great product, Super support team

Our maintenance workers get their job assignments on a tablet. The submitter enters the work order, it goes to a maintenance supervisor for approval and assigned to a maintenance worker. When job is complete it goes back to original submitter to ok work was done appropriately and then submitted. We do all our training exams on tablets and laptops and all of our inspections (forklift, vehicle, ladder, fire extinquishers, eye wash stations, hoists, cranes, scales and all filed with no paper!)

Pros

The paper eliminated, filing in the cloud. And being able to check up on inspections and required training to make sure it's taken place.

Cons

The support team has overcome every obstacle I've run into so there really is no down side. We search by time frame and sometimes I'd like to be able to search across multiple Apps for a specific individual's submissions but this is small beans in comparison to all Go Canvas has enabled us to do

Cody