All ClockShark Reviews

Destyny

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2021

We love ClockShark

I love ClockShark. We actually had ClockShark in 2019 and left for ADP in 2020… then came back 3 months later because nothing compares to ClockShark.

PROS

I love the customizable tasks, it allows me to run reports based upon locations. This helps us control costs

CONS

Wish it could accommodate different time zones. Use have two separate accounts since were in multiple time zones

Geotracking! It’s my favorite feature

tamer

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

One of the most important tools for your company success

You want to save time and accomplish alot of works and manage your company successfully from A to Z from following up on employessand reports and payroll and over time and work location and working hours then you need clock shark .

PROS

It made me identity the experienced and active workers that accomplish alot of work in ashort time by tracking time and business and there fore you can achieve alot of profit. It made work easier than before when making reports and payrolland additional working hours and thus the owner of any company can manage at successfully

CONS

It needs educational videos that show how to use the existing features with all the skilland experience of any novice company owner if the person dose not know how to use the application he will not achieve full benefit from it . There is no arabic version as there are many arab business owners who can not use english spplication

Reason for choosing ClockShark

Its similar to clock shark but its expensive

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

Its poor for some features that i need

Jeremiah

Reviewed February 2022

Good for 1 job per day work sites, user friendly

User friendly for many things especially adding new jobs to the clock, but as I mentioned before, only good for one job per day shops. And, the base cost per month is put this at a rate much higher than similar programs, especially for small shops.

PROS

Easy to add jobs to the time clock. Job roster is easy to look over with "Hours worked" and "Hours Budgeted" readily available, no having running reports to bill customers.

CONS

Cannot edit employees while they are clocked in the system. Other programs will allow me to fix errors during the day, such as clocked into the wrong job in the morning or missed clocking in when they started working. Editing during the day while the error is fresh allows me to get a head start on payroll and being sure employees are paid for the work they do and that time is billed to the proper job. Base monthly costs put this program at a higher monthly cost than similar programs.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

Partner signed up for clock shark without my input. Probably switching back.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

Partner signed up for clock shark without my input. Probably switching back.

Hi, Jeremiah! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a detailed review, we truly appreciate it. The ability to edit an employee's time while they are clocked in is an excellent suggestion that I would be happy to pass along to our Product Development team. If you have any other ideas on how ClockShark can be improved, please submit them here: http://ideas.clockshark.com/ As for the cost of the monthly base fee, it goes to the following: -5-star rated customer support when you need it -Account implementation and maintenance -Continuing tutorials and training -Ongoing software updates and improvements -And Unlimited data storage If you have any further questions or comments, we'd be happy to hear them!

Replied February 2022

Ben

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

A flexible Chart

PROS

It is like a Gantt Chart that I can constantly update. It makes sure that everyone is on the same page and working to the same time scale.

CONS

More color codes are needed on the tables as we have used them all up.

Buffy

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Second time Customer for a Reason!!

I had worked for another similar company and implemented the program there, upon starting with this new company I thought it was worth using again because my experience with ClockShark the first time was amazing. Customer service is unparalleled, if I get stuck I send a message and within minutes someone helps me!! They've even sent me videos explaining how to do things!

PROS

The ease of use and simplicity of the on-screen format make it less overwhelming than other software I've tried. It is easy to present to employees and overall very user friendly. The people that provide service are incredibly helpful and super friendly to me!! There is also no hard sell for anything, I'm hoping to grow the company and when I'm ready for the premium level I know it will be an easy switch but no one has ever tried to convince me I needed more than I have.

CONS

I would like there to be perhaps, a server for picture and video attachments as my techs like this feature the best, being able to upload information this way so that they have it for the future as well as the rest of the team to view. You can attach pictures but the videos have given us a bit of issue and the size of the file allowed is a bit restrictive.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

HouseCall pro was #1 very expensive but it was also way overkill for what our needs were. We are a small company that does invoicing and bookkeeping through QB and I couldn't justify the price. Not to mention, after I cancelled they kept billing me hundreds of dollars and it was a challenge to get it back. Customer service not their #1 priority I guess! After this experience I didn't even want to take a chance with ServiceTitan so opted out after the sales call.

Melinda

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

I LOVE ClockShark!!!

Overall I've had a great experience from the start. I found ClockShark online when searching for a timekeeping platform and I researched several. ClockShark seemed like it had every feature I was looking for. When I reached out I was immediately called by a representative that was super sweet and informative. I loved even more that I was able to do a FREE TRIAL! I got to test it out for real, with my employees, and just as I expected we all loved it. So, I knew I had to look no further. You're guided by your own personal team member who's there by your side every step of the way that you can reach out to directly for support and they even randomly check in on you. I was able to do a screen share meeting once where they literally walked me through the site and physically showed me how to do things. It was great! Plus, the website itself has very short, easy videos that you can watch and even have your employees watch to learn how to navigate the site. That is SO GREAT! The fact that they're short and sweet is very appealing because let's be honest, no employee wants to sit and watch a 30-minute video on how to use some new platform their boss is integrating into their daily routine.

PROS

I run a small business that is quickly growing, I handle everything myself from scheduling to payroll. It was becoming such an overwhelming job to keep track of every aspect of my business daily. ClockShark has taken such a weight off my shoulders! Not only does it have literally everything you can ever need to run a company efficiently, but it is also super user friendly!

CONS

Honestly, from using it so much I've found little things here and there that can be tweaked to make certain features even more user friendly, but for the most part, it's right on the money! I haven't come across a feature yet that I haven't liked at all.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

I did view other products but never even considered them because ClockShark checked off every box of my needs!

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

I had to switch from ADP RUN to ADP Total Source once my company started to offer benefits in 2022. Unfortunately, Total Source does not offer GPS tracking for timekeeping and that was a deal-breaker for me so I had to find another product to use. It ended up being a blessing in disguise because ClockShark is sooo much better than RUN ever was.

Ronny

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

If you have anything more than 5 employees, you need ClockShark.

If you're going to ClockShark from a manual timesheet method, you don't realize how much you can truly save by going to ClockShark. Our favorite part of ClockShark is their team. They are VERY awesome to work with - You have NO idea how important they are to us not just from a technical standpoint, but from the standpoint of making our lives easier all around. They have yet to cease to amaze us in their customer service skills, down-to-earth attitudes, and technical skills. [insert Wayne and Garth bowing and saying "we're not worthy! we're not worthy"]

PROS

We've had other systems in the past. While they were great, ClockShark was the most affordable with the most features and support. Their team has never let us down. Additionally, they made the setup effortless.

CONS

The billing of ClockShark is just a little bit confusing when you're adding/removing employees from the system within a given year. It would me nice to show which users were added/removed when showing changes in billing. The use and need of an email address from each employee is limiting whereas if we needed to hire contract workers and log their hours, they would need to have an email address for logging in. This makes it difficult if you have the same person working for two companies using ClockShark.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

The amount of features for the affordable costs, along with the DCMA compliance and the sales and support. It was an all-around win-win situation honestly.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

Primarily looking for DCMA compliance, but also looking for a cheaper alternative to Tsheets.

Molly

Construction, 51-200 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed July 2020

Great product

Overall experience has been great. Great price point, great customer service. They are always evolving and that is what keeps us here. They are willing to make adjustments based on the ever change environment and needs of their customers.

PROS

Customer service is beyond fantastic! The team really cares about the feedback and suggestions they receive and do their best to implement as much as they can. The simplicity to the user is great as we have technicians that need things to be quick and simple. Reports have come along way in the past year. They give a lot of information and you are able to customize them a bit more now. Implementation is quick and easy. Works amazingly well with QuickBooks and other similar software.

CONS

There are some changes I would make personally to fit our needs. There isn't any real cons with Clockshark honestly. It does what we need it to do and the things it doesn't are simply requests we'd like to see to fit us better as a company.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

We liked the fact that ClockShark would would seamlessly with QuickBooks and we did not need to change our software completely. It was also the right price point for us with the number of employees we had at the time.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

TSheets was not working back then on a mobile app and it was too complicated for our technicians.

Hi Molly! Thank you for the review. So glad to hear our customer support team was able to help you in the past. That's great that your technicians can get their work completed faster with ClockShark. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied July 2020

Jessica

Reviewed April 2020

Awesome Product for the Construction Industry

Overall I fee this product is wonderful! It has almost everything that we need for what we do in the Excavation, Demolition & Underground Utilities portion of the Construction industry that we are in. I looked and A LOT of different time keeping products and even used the free trials on a few... I am so happy that I ended up choosing this product in the end!

PROS

I like that this product was easy to set-up and my employees (who have had trouble with other timecard apps in the past) find it very easy to use and understand. I really like all of the customizations that I can do and the reports really help me see where my employee's time is being spent in greater detail. I love all of the different reports that can be accessed. This product definitely has great value for the money! It is exactly what we needed for our construction crews!!

CONS

Trying to figure out which report does what can be a little confusing. I think the better report descriptions and maybe a quick example to look at before choosing/downloading would be beneficial. While there is gps or geolocating, I would find it very useful to have the employees be able to clock in under one job, but have it notify me if they employee clocked in outside of that location for specific job tasks. For example, if I have an employee clocked in under job "A" as "driving" out the job, I know they are outside of the boundaries, however, when the switch tasks to "Laborer" I want to know if they are within a specific radius/boundary for that same job "A". Especially since my employees get paid significantly different between the two tasks... I would like to automatically be notified if they are where they say they are supposed to be for that task.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

The pricing was very high and my employees just couldn't figure out how to use the product correctly.

Hello Jessica, Thank you for the 5-star review! We are happy to hear that you LOVE that you can customize your reports and how easy it is to use. Feel free to reach out to us anytime at 800-828-0689 or by emailing help@clockshark.com! We're always here to help and love talking with customers and hearing feature requests.

Replied May 2020

Devendra Kumar

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2023

"Revolutionize Your Employee Time tracking with ClockShark Software:A Game-Changer for Your Business

In my experience with ClockShark, it has proven to be a popular and efficient time-tracking software for companies that employ remote or mobile workers. The platform is equipped with a wide range of features such as clock-in and out, scheduling, time tracking, and project management tools that are very useful for managers. Additionally, ClockShark can be easily integrated with popular payroll and accounting software like QuickBooks, ADP, and Gusto. Users have reported a positive experience with the user-friendly interface, video tutorials, and knowledge base. However, some users have had challenges with the mobile app's GPS tracking and syncing data. The software also lacks invoicing capabilities, which may be an issue for some businesses. Despite these limitations, ClockShark remains a widely used and effective time-tracking software.

PROS

I can attest to the numerous impactful features that make it a popular choice. The mobile time tracking feature is particularly useful, allowing employees to track their time on the go using their mobile devices. I also appreciate the real-time reporting feature, which enables managers to access up-to-date information on employee time and attendance. Additionally, the vacation/leave tracking feature helps me manage employee time off requests and ensures adequate staffing.What I find most impressive are the product's user-friendly interface and straightforward navigation. ClockShark also provides excellent customer support, with responsive and helpful representatives available to assist with any questions or issues.Integration with existing business processes can vary depending on organizational needs. Nevertheless, ClockShark offers several integrations with popular software platforms like QuickBooks and ADP, which helps to streamline workflows and reduce data entry time.Overall, ClockShark is a comprehensive and dependable time-tracking solution that caters to businesses of all sizes.

CONS

In my experience, some common issues with ClockShark include difficulty with the mobile app, especially when it comes to GPS tracking and syncing data. The integration process can also be challenging, particularly with custom data mappings. Moreover, some users have reported that the software lacks invoicing capabilities, which can be a disadvantage for some businesses.

Jesus

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2022

So simple that its actually complicated

Overall it is well balanced and easy to use. Just be ready for some confusion when you start implementing it into the field.

PROS

The software is super easy to use and user-friendly, especially with the new Spanish language update. Viewing reports is also very simple and well laid out.

CONS

It seems to be so simplistic that it's complicated for someone who has never used it before. Functions such as changing job tasks and clocking out are very easy to perform, but since they are so simple, many of our workers get confused about how to do them. The ease of use also limits the application in its functionality because of its simplicity.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

It was much more costly than ClockShark. When we first switch from Clockshark to Exaktime it was because they had a physical clock that could be put at construction sites and the program at the time was more advance than Clockshark. When we lost the need for that physical clock we lost use for the program.

Addie

Reviewed October 2021

Robust time tracking software with lots of extra features

I am glad we switched to ClockShark. Their customer service is really responsive and you don't sit on hold for hours. They have a suggestion box for features users are interested in. Overall my experience has been great and when I hear other folks are looking for a time tracking solution I always recommend ClockShark.

PROS

This software ticked all the boxes I was looking for: time tracking with GPS location, GPS tracking while clocked in, a mobile app, crew clock-in, and kiosk ability, a web dashboard that's admin-friendly and easy to use, and the ability for me to reset passwords & fix access in-house instead of having to have my employee contact customer service on their own to do it. We don't even use all of the features of our pretty basic subscription so even at this very budget-friendly price point we have room to grow to before we'd even need to upgrade. I've heard about and looked at all of the project management features and tools and I'm excited to someday use those to their fullest potential enough to need to upgrade.

CONS

I wish I could duplicate time entries for some workers from week to week or day to day. For instance, I have one worker for who I enter things manually and it would be really handy to be able to make a time entry on Monday, save it and then duplicate it but change the date to Tuesday. I would also really like to mark or save the reports I run most frequently with my preferred settings/customizations. Also, a Spanish version of the software would be great.

Reason for choosing ClockShark

ClockShark was easy to use, in some cases vastly easier, and very competitively priced. The onboarding was easy and they have lots of tools to help you implement it with your workers, and customer service is very friendly and easy to reach.

Reasons for switching to ClockShark

Intuit made T-Sheets hard to work with. I could not reset passwords or fix access issues in-house for my employees after the transition to using an intuit account for login, they had to contact Intuit on their own which was difficult to get them to do. It went from only a few minutes on hold to speak to someone with customer service to hours, even in chat.

geoeges

Business Supplies and Equipment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

SharkClock : A practical and fun application for shark lovers

ClockShark is an excellent tool for time management. The user interface is simple and easy to use, making it easy for employees to record their time. The software is also very reliable and provides accurate employee time data, which is very useful for overtime management, payroll and project management. In addition, advanced features such as geolocation and team scheduling allow for better resource management and communication. Finally, ClockShark's customer support is excellent and responds quickly to requests for assistance. I highly recommend ClockShark to any company looking to optimize time management.

PROS

HorlogeRequin is an online project management tool that has several advantages for users, including:Ease of use: HorlogeRequin is easy to use, even for people who do not have technical knowledge of project management. The user interface is intuitive and clear, making it easy to plan, organize and track projects.Collaboration features: ClockRequin allows team members to work together in real time, share files, communicate and track project progress. This facilitates collaboration and allows for more efficient teamwork.Project Tracking: ClockRequin offers powerful project tracking features that allow you to track deadlines, tasks, budgets and resources. This helps identify potential problems and ensure that the project is progressing as planned.Flexibility: ClockRequin is flexible and can be used for different types of projects, whether they are simple or complex. It can also be used by teams of different sizes and in different industries.Customer support: HorlogeRequin offers quality customer support, with a team of professionals dedicated to helping users solve problems and answer their questions.

CONS

ClockShark is a time tracking application for businesses that has significant benefits for managing work time, but it can also have some drawbacks for users. Here are some of the potential disadvantages of ClockShark:User interface: some users may find ClockShark's user interface a bit difficult to use and not very intuitive.Feature limitations: ClockShark may not be suitable for all businesses, especially those with advanced time and payroll needs.Cost: ClockShark's cost can be high for small businesses or freelancers who need basic time tracking functionality.Internet Dependency: Because ClockShark is a cloud-based application, users depend on a stable Internet connection to access the application and record their time, which can be problematic in some situations.

Erin

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2017

Clock Shark has been a very positive and useful asset to our agency. The GPS function is aces!

Clock Shark allows the employees within my agency to clock in and out for their shifts easily and with a GPS time stamp that assists the Admin users to do audits on the employees. As an HR Manager the 'Reports' function within Clock Shark for Admin users is super beneficial in assisting me to complete both my bi-weekly and monthly payroll as it allows me to input a custom range of dates to pull up reports. Being able to select which employees and which dates I need reports on saves time and headaches as I am easily able to complete my Payroll in an hour compared to 6 hours when our agency used written time sheets.

PROS

I like the GPS function so that our supervisors can keep track of where and when employees are clocking in and out from their shifts. This feature has helped us in solving more time theft instances than I'm happy to admit. As the HR Manager, I also love the 'Reports' feature. This makes my Payroll day so much easier.

CONS

There are some features of Clock Shark that I wish were different. These features do not hinder my ability to complete my job so I don't wish to complain about them. For the sake of this review I will list just 1 feature I wish was different (to be fair I have never told the Clock Shark Admin about my frustrations so they can't fix what they don't know). The feature I do not like or wish was different is the 'Notes" section within each punch. It needs to allow for more room to write as we use ours to list our daily tasks at the end of each shift before clocking out and I run out of character room each day. I would also like a feature to differentiate the text bubbles on the time sheets from our task lists and actual punches that need to be fixed for employees. Maybe a different color? It's time-consuming to go in and look at every employee's text bubbles just to find punches that need to be fixed within all of the daily task lists.

Angelique

Reviewed May 2022

Great Value for Geo Location, Job Costing, Mobile Time Clock

Customer service has been superb. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] helped me with set-up and even after our initial zoom meeting he answered my questions and helped me with a few other set-up items needed. He is personable and kept his meeting appointments with me as scheduled. We had to add a time tracking app when we decided to go from in-house payroll to outsourcing our payroll to ADP as they don't do the job costing which requires hours worked on specific jobs. It has been a blessing because now we can track where our employees are at a glance and their time is more accurate. Plus the time is recorded daily so we don't have to wait until the end of the week to see how the hours are doing on each job. It is an easy process to send the time information to ADP as well as to update the timesheets in my QuickBooks so that employee hours show up there. The app itself is clean looking and easy to use.

PROS

Our work is done at our customers' homes and as an owner of a small company we can't be everywhere at once. Having the GPS Geo Location has been extremely helpful in managing the employees. If they forget to clock out you can see what time they left the area so as to get accurate time. You can see if they left the jobsite early or if they arrived late (many times this time would be inaccurate on their paper timesheets). The integration with ADP for our outsourced payroll as well as the integration with QuickBooks has been very seamless.

CONS

There was definitely a bit of work in the beginning to get things sorted out. I had to inactive 20 years of clients in my QuickBooks and also add the customer address to the Ship To address because that is the address ClockShark uses for their app. It took a few hours to get that updated but it will be worth it. Some extra work that I didn't anticipate is that in order to use the Geo Location I have to go in to each job and click the button to add that. When QuickBooks updates to ClockShark I have to remember what the new jobs are and go in to add the GeoFence and to make sure I remembered to put the address in the right spot. I have emailed them to request that our GeoFence is activated for all new jobs automatically and to update some functionality.

Tom

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

We love ClockShark

We have been using it for years because it works, the workers get reminders to clock in and ou, edits are easy, can see what's going on out there in a glance.

PROS

we use different tasks for each job, i like this feature, we are a prevailing wage contractor and need to track hours from county to county so we use many tasks. Also like the budgeted hours, as we get notified when close t our budget on a particular job. The geo fence is great also.

CONS

When choosing tasks for different jobs, they should be listed in alphabetical order and after choosing one, on the next it should go to the list were you left off. not always the top of the list. we have many tasks and its a lot of scrolling. Notification choses can be more detailed. We have guys that pick up materials or leave from the shop on certain jobs it it makes for to many out of bounds notification.

Hi Tom! Thank you for taking the time to leave an awesome review! This is great feedback! As far as your tasks--they should be in alphabetical order! Sometimes if there is a space in front of the name, it counts as a character and can throw the order off. You can also adjust the mobile settings to list fewer/more recent tasks :) Same with notifications! On the mobile side anyone can set up a customized reminder under "employee reminders"! We can also limit the amount of job/tasks employees can see with access controls ! I would be more than happy to go over some of these options with you or you can reach out to support at 1-800-828-0689 Feel free to chat/call in and we can definitely help!

Replied January 2021