Browse Crew Control Reviews

Gary from Hietala Lawn Maintenance

Crew Control

Great experience. I was using a very complicated and frustrating software previous to Crew Control and was surprised how easy it was to get set up. Very easy to use and user friendly.

Pros

I like the ease of use. very easy to reschedule work, change 1 day or several in one click.

Cons

Basic billing features. Would like to be able to add multiple contracts for each customer. No CRM or estimating

Cost / ease of use

Reasons for Switching to Crew Control

Wanted something a little easier to use. More user friendly

Response from Aspire Software

Replied January 2022

Hi, Gary! Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear you're finding Crew Control easy to use. We're excited to share that estimating features will be released in the first part of the year, with even more exciting features to come! Stay tuned for future updates.

Donnie from Wohlf Lawn and Garden

Nimble and Communicative

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been nothing be amazing. He is constantly updating and improving. The amount of changes that have happened since I started using the program are insane. If you have an idea, a question, or a change or a better way of doing things, you can just reach out, and he will either walk you through the process, update the program, or figure out a better way to solve the problem.

Pros

I can see all of the jobs that I have, drag and drop them into the slots they need to go. It lets me have an eagle-eye view of the work that needs to be done, and with ease (on both desktop and mobile) plant that job where it needs to be. I can update on the fly, and dispatch quickly, and the changes are immediate. The crew doesn't get bogged down with notifications, the new schedule is just automatically on their devices.

Cons

Like all programs, they are only as good as the information you enter. It was timely entering all of our customer's jobs, but they solved the issue of having to enter all the individual customers by allowing you to pull from Quickbook's; so, that saved us a ton of time, and with their recurring job feature, you can set it and forget it on weekly/monthly/etc jobs. l

Reasons for Switching to Crew Control

I was printing out the sheets everyday, going into the office, inevitably changes would have to be made, crews wouldn't show up, weather would change, etc, and then I would have to re-write the whole plan, plus I would have to be there physically. Now, I can operate from home or on the road, and the crew always has the most updated version of the schedule. My assistant can make changes, if a customer calls into our offices. If a customer has issues or pictures, we can upload those to the job, and it takes away any communication breakdowns.

Louis from ENVIRO AgScience, Inc

Industry: Facilities Services

1. The software allows me to modify schedules to meet customer change requests or weather delays. 2. The ability for crews to see next day work from the current day dispatch text allows them to start on next day tasks if time allows. 3. Customer support is very responsive and professional

Pros

The ability to Drag & Drop Jobs from different crews within a work week.

Cons

Crew Control does not have a Monthly View Function

Reasons for Choosing Crew Control

Overall cost plus the ability to utilize certain functions' without total software integration. Several programs require utilization of some functions like invoicing which we don't utilize Some competitors base product use on user revenue which are not necessarily dependent on each other.

Response from Aspire Software

Replied April 2021

Hi Louis, Thank you for your feedback! We're pleased to hear your finding Crew Control easy to use and enjoy the drag and drop functionality. Your comment on a monthly view function will be shared with the team. Stay tuned for future updates, feedback like yours is what improves our software.

Phyllis from Sunrise Landscape Professionals

December 2021

Great Bang for the Buck!!

The support is as phonemical as the software! The staff is there to answer your questions. If you need to leave a voicemail, your call is quickly returned.They are invested in getting even better.

Pros

The best features for us are reporting and instant crew results. When a customer called to say she saw our team come and then they left but did not open the gate to the backyard, we were able to see where the crew was. We contacted them and they returned after finishing the job they were on.

Cons

A manual. I spent a lot of time on the classifications. When I went to run reports, I discovered I done them wrong.

Reasons for Choosing Crew Control

We chose Crew Control because Blessing Landscapes recommended them. Yes! "them" and not "it"!

Response from Aspire Software

Replied January 2022

Hi, Phyllisthank you for your feedback! We're thrilled to hear about your positive experiences with Crew Control and the support team. We've shared your idea for a set-up manual, and just so you know, there are plans to have in-product user guides delivered later this year. Experiences like yours helps us improve our software and operations, so thanks again!

Michal from Purgreen Group

User Friendly Software

When i made first contact with the company there was never a time that I felt pressure to purchase. I loved the fact they truly want to hear my feed back. The personal attention and feed back was priceless. This company truly knows Landscapers/Snowplowers needs and the functional system needed to run a successful day with multiple crews and hundreds of Clients.

Pros

I like how simple the software is to use. There was less than five minutes of training with our employees. I liked the fact that we did not have to purchase any equipment all we have to do to dispatch is to send a text message to the crew leader's own cell phone and they would have their work orders for the complete day. I like the fact its in real time so you can see what your crews have completed through out the day and you can add and take away work order through out the day as changes come in. I don't have to interrupt our employee's production to discuss change in their day the software does all that for you.

Cons

I can not think of one thing about the software that I dislike.

Reasons for Choosing Crew Control

The simplicity and how easy the software is to operate. User Friendly and the friendliness of the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was a hug selling point for me. I knew that once I signed up I would not be left on my own but would have the free tech support if needed. The software is so simple to operate the there is very little reason to need tech support but is great to know its always there.

Daniel from Evergreen Landscapes Inc

Game Changer!

Routing, Scheduling, seeing jobs completed and billable before the crews even punch out for the day.

Pros

The software has been wonderful for scheduling and routing. It has also streamlined the billing and works seamlessly with Quickbooks. It allows us the ability to look at the schedule and move jobs around which the crews can see from their device also. I have tried other software programs in the past and this one has been by far the easiest to use. For us, this has been great. The tech support is like none other I have ever experienced. Emails have been returned within minutes. Phone calls are ALWAYS answered. Constantly updating the software from feedback from users.

Cons

Nothing that we dislike at all. I wish we would have purchased sooner!

Reasons for Switching to Crew Control

Other programs too complicated and too much data entry.

Thomas from Perfect Earth Landscape LLC

Very Effective for Scheduling

It's been a HUGE time saver this past year. No more papers in the morning with "google map" printouts and written instructions. Crew likes knowing what they are doing first thing without me coming in and explaining everything. I can prep the day or days before and set everything up.

Pros

Simple to use and implement immediately. Easy to drag and drop jobs. Perfect for lining out the day's work for multiple crews, with instructions. Able to change schedule on the fly (add, skip, remove jobs, etc.) EXCELLENT personal service with regards to any questions on functionality and suggestions for changes

Cons

Had to manually enter all our customers from QB desktop which was not fun.

Response from Aspire Software

Replied January 2022

Hi, Thomas! Thanks for your feedback. We're glad to hear how much you like Crew Control's scheduling functionality, time saving features, and easy implementation! We do plan to add an Excel import to make it easier to add customers for users not running QuickBooks Online in a future release. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Becky from Lawnscape Systems, Inc.

Awesome product! Easy to Use!

Overall experience is great! Whenever we have questions or issues, we always get a response right away from Crew Control. David Vroblesky is awesome!

Pros

Crew Control is great for managing our crews that are in a remote location. The ease of being able to schedule their days through Crew Control and know that it sends automatically to them each day is great. We love the ease of use.

Cons

There could be a few more report options as office administrator that could be useful.

Reasons for Switching to Crew Control

Crew Control is easier to use and way easy to do scheduling on.

Response from Aspire Software

Replied April 2021

Hi Becky, Thank you for your feedback! We're pleased to hear Crew Control is making it easy to manage your crews in the field and their schedules. Your comment on additional reporting will be shared with the team. Stay tuned for future updates, feedback like yours is what improves our software.

Brian from Evergreen Landcare

December 2021

Easy way to share the route schedule and details of the service to the crews

The software is easy to use and visually helps understand what the schedule is for each crew each day.

Pros

That the software automatically texts the crew leader a link for the schedule/ service for the day and its Espanol.

Cons

I know it is still in the works, where we can create one-time jobs but a schedule for multiple days. Other than that, the software is good.

Reasons for Switching to Crew Control

We got tired of using spreadsheets and handing them to the crew. Sometimes when there are updates, the crew would accidentally use an old route sheet. This automated system of viewing the titles makes improvements in scheduling.

Response from Aspire Software

Replied January 2022

Hi, Brian! Thanks for your feedback. We're pleased to hear you're enjoying Crew Control and have found it easy to use. Updates to scheduling one-time jobs for multiple days (and many more exciting new features) are coming soon. We plan to have this ready during the first part of the year. Stay tuned!

Chris from Cut Above Landscaping

Unbelievable software

Awesome experience, I actually talk to the owner and developer to answer any questions

Pros

This software is very easy to use and to learn.

Cons

I don’t have any dislikes Nothing to change

Reasons for Choosing Crew Control

Ease of use and set up get going instantly

Too hard to use

Response from Aspire Software

Replied January 2022

Hi, Chris! Thank you for your feedback. We're delighted to hear that Crew Control has been easy to use and learn.

Bill from Low Country Landscaping

Best Bang for Your Buck!

We were using an Excel spreadsheet for several years to keep our customers serviced. Our crews would do bimonthly services weekly and weekly services monthly. It was always a mess with unhappy customers and even cancelled services. We researched a lot of scheduling software and the common denominator was 'complicated and expensive' Crew Control truly has been a life-saver for our maintenance operations. Our crews are operating more efficiently, we are not missing the 'extras' invoicing and our customers are happy! Trust me when I say it is the best money spent!

Pros

If you are looking for a simple and cheap software for scheduling crews this is it! Most software we reviewed were weeks or more getting setup and crews trained. Just too complicated and expensive to trial and error. We truly loaded all of our data one day and the next day started our crews with a two week trial but they were up to speed in about 3 days with not errors. Our crews love it, we love it and our customers love the fact we are not missing services! I know we saved the monthly crew fee the first week...possibly day with the simple efficiencies of keeping crews pointed in the right direction 100% of the time!

Cons

I cannot say there is really anything we like least since we know the program is growing and all of our immediate needs from support have been met. We have made suggestions of additions or changes and wait a week or two and the guys at Crew Control seem to roll them out! We are excited for some of the planned updates such a more advanced reporting.

Response from Crew Control

Replied July 2019

Thank you, Bill! We appreciate the kind words and glad you are benefiting from our program.

Taylor from Rea Landscape Management, LLC.

Wish this was here 5 years ago

Customer service has been key for me, I had been looking for a system ever since I stepped up and helped with getting work orders for our Crews. We had over 250 properties WEEKLY that I had to hand write. We tried a different system for 1 year and it was over priced, super complicated for both the admin and user, and the customer service was non existent. Needless to say the first time we got on the phone and talked over what this product office and the price we immediately cancelled the other service and have been grateful for this product ever since! If you are a small or medium business and are not sure you can afford to spend the extra money, know that it pays for its self with the time saved scheduling and not waiting for all the papers to be turned in at the end of the day, being able to bill immediately after, not forgetting what customer you skipped 2 weeks in a row due to weather. Seriously, this system is a game changer!

Pros

Super user friendly for both the admin and the user!

Cons

I only wish that we could use this for other departments (Human Resources. Etc.)

Nd

Tripp from Priority Landscapes

Industry: Environmental Services

Organized scheduling and less stress

Crew control has been great for us. The ability to plan ahead, prepare better for our jobs and be sure they all get done more efficiently was a big step in the right direction for us. Crew Control has even allowed us to accomplish more without hiring another manager. Crew Control has become our “whiteboard schedule” at the office, but now it is with us all the time. No need to take a picture of the whiteboard when leaving the office.

Pros

The software is easy to use, goes with all of us everywhere we go so when we need to make changes, we can make them immediately. Because it is easy to provide details and send photos for each individual job, we have less confusion, quicker response to customer requests and less call backs. Implementing this into our daily routine was well received with little to no resistance by our crews. Let’s face it, crews typically don’t like change, but our crews have liked this change. No need to carry paper schedules and no lost revenues due to the electronic paper trail on everything we do!

Cons

There isn’t anything I really don’t like. There is always little things that can make processes better, but the good thing is the owner is taking any feedback we have and working towards making it better than it is.

Reasons for Choosing Crew Control

After researching scheduling software, Crew Control just made sense for what we need as a Commercial Landscape Company.

Clarke from Le Perv Landscape, Inc

The Perfect Software

The overall time savings frees up myself and my staff to focus on other activities from sales to customer service. Plus savings on ink and paper products is incredible.

Pros

This software offered us the ability to move from paper and whiteboard scheduling company wide saving us hours of tedious work and tons of paper and ink from printing out daily work schedules for 14 crews.

Cons

Actually, we haven't come across very many issues with the software. Those that we did encounter were minor and quickly resolved.

Response from Aspire Software

Replied April 2021

Hi Clarke, Thank you for your feedback! We're pleased to hear that Crew Control has enabled you to move from pen and paper, saving both time and money. We are flattered to be referred to as "The Perfect Software!"

Vanessa from Rea Landscape Manangement

Great software program!

Amazing!!!! I have the ability to type notes or create/ manage/ change checklists in Spanish which is super helpful with crew members who are not strong in English. It is very easy to use and understand!

Pros

I like that we communicate any needs or suggestions and the customer service response is truly the best! They listen and if they need better understanding, they ask to be able to provide help as best as possible!!! Also very user friendly for both admin and crew member use.

Cons

There is really nothing I can say I like least because any suggestions I bring to their attention they are very quick to respond to help find a solution.

Reasons for Switching to Crew Control

That was decision made by management - but I am glad they made the switch!

Ed from Twin resources

Outstanding

Pros

Ease of use and customer service are top notch. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always open to new ideas

Cons

Can’t carry jobs into next day. Must create new job card every time

Response from Aspire Software

Replied April 2021

Hi Ed, Thank you for your feedback! We're pleased to hear that you find Crew Control easy to use and enjoy the customer service. Your comment on carrying jobs from day to day will be shared with the team. Stay tuned for future updates, feedback like yours is what improves our software.

Alec from london lawns & landscaping

Industry: Architecture & Planning

scheduling

this has made my communication with my crews much better. with real time instructions and adjustments, it has made communications with employees much smoother and quicker.

Pros

easy to use and love the constant updates

Cons

i would like to see more color to differential services and products.

Reasons for Choosing Crew Control

i switched to become more innovative and interact with my employees quicker and more fluent.

Mikel from LuckE13 Landscape Services

Industry: Facilities Services

Very helpful for my business!

I can’t express how pleased I am with this software!

Pros

Crew Control continues to help me get my crews organized and is great for my customers also. They are always available to answer any questions or issues I may have. The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has made himself available to me in walking me through all the features they offer. I am really happy that I found this software!

Cons

Another great thing they do is listen to us users in adding more features to their software.

Cost was a big factor.

Response from Aspire Software

Replied April 2021

Hi Mikel, Thank you for your feedback! We do pride ourselves on making improvements to Crew Control that meet the needs of our users and we're very happy to hear you find the software beneficial for staying organized.

Anabel from Rea Landscape Management

Crew Control

Great communication with customer service. Constantly listening to issues/changes needed for improvement. Great to work with.

Pros

The Software is very user friendly, easy set up.

Cons

Not available as app and mobile site was limited but have seen improvements since.

Reasons for Switching to Crew Control

Price, ease of use, no contract

Jey from Everlast Landscaping

Perfect scheduling app

Great experience, developers are extremely responsive to any issues that may come up

Pros

Very short learning curve with well designed layout

Cons

The fact that it took me so long to find out about them. Wish I found them years ago

Rick from Couch Cut Lawn Service

Owner

Easy to schedule jobs and track where the crew is during the day. It is also easy to move jobs from crew to crew depending on customer needs. The software gives you the flexibility to add, remove, and move jobs as needed at a moments notice.

Pros

The ability to see where the crew is in "real time"

Cons

I would like the ability to see multiple crews on the screen at one time.

Response from Crew Control

Replied April 2019

Hi Rick, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We actually have the ability now to view multiple crew schedules at the same time by selecting the day of the week while viewing the weekly schedule. I hope this helps!

Bryan from Phoenix Landscape Services

Great product

Crew control has eliminated paper work for my crews. No more lost papers. I love that I can dispatch a schedule remotely and I have real time updates on when jobs are completed. Customer service has been second to none.

Pros

How easy it was for my crews to use it.

Cons

There is nothing I don’t like so far. Any of my concerns were answered immediately.

Scott from SNS Landscaping

Industry: Utilities

Great Software

I love crew control. Made my life so much easier. The rep has helped me a ton with this. Being able to speak to him directly has made life so much easier.

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate through.

Cons

Wish the start and stop notified the customer that you started and completed the property.

Sissy from McComb Landscaping, Inc.

Easy App for Managing Crews

Pros

It has what I need for managing crew. It is easy for administrators and users. There are weekly updates based on customer feedback.

Cons

Any small issues I had have been resolved or addressed, so really I don't have any dislikes.

Austin from Lawn Works

Easiest and Most efficient way to dispatch crews

Pros

Its very easy to navigate and move jobs around when needed!

Cons

The thing I like least is that it logs you out after 2hours of non use.

Response from Crew Control

Replied July 2019

Thanks, Austin! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and will look into improving the time-out experience.