• Pros

• "Easy to navigate and intuitive. Very easy to find different features and reports. "

• "Ease of use. Great customer support. Calls are returned within the hour."

• "I love this software. It's so easy to use and train new employees on. The best part about this software is the customer service that is second to none. Calls are returned in under an hours. T"

• Cons

• "It can get expensive depending on what parts of it you use. Not very easy to learn for some folk"

• "It's not cheap but it will pay for itself! New products sometimes roll out with a few bugs but ultimately are fixed and once working correctly are awesome. "

• "There seems to be a lot of bugs. The company seems to be growing faster than they are able to keep up with. "

Browse Service Assistant Reviews

Carey from Commercial Turf Fertilization

Industry: Environmental Services

Extremely In-Depth Lawn Program with MANY Features!!!

We are able to keep such detailed history on our customers, and even better that our technicians can even access that in the field with Mobile Live!

Pros

This software has so many different "layers" that allow you to do so many things. There are tons of reports, on top of everything else it has to offer. It is a huge time-saver for our company, and I can't imagine we would be able to handle the amount of current customers we have without a program like this. We use so many features in the program as well as extended features (CAW for payments only, Mobile Live, Routing...).

Cons

We currently still have SA4, so there are no longer any updates. It is also a VERY complicated program to learn, but sooo worth it!! The technicians at Real Green are wonderful at helping you get through any stumbling blocks you may run into.

Reasons for Switching to Service Assistant

More options with Service Assistant.

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the kind words, Carey!

Larry from Lawn Perks Inc.

Industry: Facilities Services

Overly Complicated

Customer support group is excellent. Why the development group can not, or have chosen not to correct the 2 issues that I just addressed, is beyond me.

Pros

It is fully integrated, customer management software. What it does well, it does very well. Routing work and allowing us segment out customers for marketing purposes.

Cons

Vastly over complicated in how it handles customer deposits. Software does not always apply payments to the invoice number that we type in. It will automatically apply payment to the oldest open invoice, which can cause absolute chaos in our accounting and when we communicate with a customer about an open balance and find out that there last several payments have been applied to the wrong invoice. It sews seeds of doubt in customers' minds as to whether we know what we are doing or not, or if we are somehow trying to take advantage of the. It does little to calm their concerns to tell them that our software program assigned their payment to the wrong invoice. It seems pretty straight forward fix to us. If we type in an invoice number for the payment to be assigned to, assign it there, every time.

Reasons for Choosing Service Assistant

More complete integration re: marketing. Very strong customer support

Reasons for Switching to Service Assistant

Web based product. More complete integration. Better interface with Quickbooks. Better customer support.

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the review, Larry! If you're using SA4, your comment on deposits and payments is true. However, SA5 is vastly improved in that area. You can apply payments to specific invoices and services, eliminating any doubt in your customers' minds as to the validity of your accounting and setting your own mind at ease, that everything is as it should be. Contact us for a no-obligation SA5 consultation!

Amanda from King GREEN

Good Product, Not 100% Ready

It's a lot more user friendly than SA4, but considering we don't have full functionality it's disheartening.

Pros

The aesthetics of the website and advertised functionality were very appealing during sales pitch. Most of us like the fact we can see a good bit of the customers account information from the Customer Details screen without having to hop from tab to tab like in SA4. The accessibility is convenient as our other branches no longer have to remote in to access a program, but can instead access SA5 from the web.

Cons

There are several tasks we're unable to complete in SA5 because it's not an available feature and we're having to resort back to SA4 to do them. Sending statements to Real Green via direct mail through SA5 is unavailable, printing Group Billing Statements with our custom form is unavailable. We also cannot export Route Loose Work report to customer search screen. The speed of SA5 has also posed an issue, in general when entering new estimates/sales as well as posting payments. Lastly, the font size for printed invoices in SA5 is a lot smaller than SA4 and we've had quite a bumpy start trying to get everyone's printer settings formatted properly. Invoices used to also show if another service invoice was printed and that is no longer available. The CALL AHEAD message was a lot larger on the invoice and now it's not.

Reasons for Switching to Service Assistant

We were previously hosting on our own server and were looking at options to use a cloud based network instead of a physical server. We were assured time and again that switching to SA5 would be better than SA4. The pitch was great, but two months in to use SA5 has not been as great as we anticipated. We've been told on a few of our issues we would have to do that in SA4 because it's not available in SA5...not what we wanted to hear.

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the review, Amanda! We're sorry you're experiencing issues becoming accustomed to SA5's updated screens and workflows. Real Green will pull statement files for users for processing. This functionality should be available soon. To export 'loose work' to the customer screen, users may generate the Unserviced Report and export. Our Customer Support team can jump on a quick call regarding how to post payments and enter new estimates and sales. It's a more straightforward process in SA5 than SA4; however, it may not initially seem so to users due to the updated workflows and screens. If users were using highly customized forms and type sizes when printing, unfortunately, many of those settings were not transferrable and do have to be reset during the initial run; however, once saved should remain intact.

Patty from Ricci's Landscape Management

Industry: Building Materials

SA5 Falls a little short for a full service company

The database and customer history is the biggest plus for SA. We have historical data on all of our maintenance customers which makes it super easy to provide maintenance estimates and do contract renewals each year.

Pros

I love that it is internet based and I am able to log in anywhere. The functionality is a big improvement over the SA4 version.

Cons

Reporting is always an issue. For a simple customer list - every time you run the report - you get a different result/number. You clear out the report, start over - and again a different number. It's difficult to provide accurate numbers to your boss when you aren't sure yourself if they are correct. Also - our we are a full service landscape company - and the software cannot handle the landscape division. We need to Create estimates for landscape jobs that will populate each individual plant, flower, tree, shrub, hardscape material, sand, etc.; thousands of different items with pictures of these items too. Unfortunately - SA cannot handle this amount of customization - so we need to use multiple software programs in our company instead of one. One of the BIGGEST nightmares with SA - is that it doesn't play well with QuickBooks. Almost everyone in our industry uses QuickBooks - and it is the biggest pain in the butt - and I mean HUGE that SA doesn't integrate with QuickBooks. In fact - we are actually researching other software programs that will address all of these issues I have listed. Logging time in twice (once in QuickBooks and once in SA), payments, etc. - it's double duty for a lot of items - which is a big waste of admin time.

Reasons for Switching to Service Assistant

Our company was growing and Access couldn't keep up.

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied February 2020

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your candid observations. To clarifyReporting in SA4 and SA5 is robust and offers users multiple ways of viewing their data using filters. If users save their desired data report parameters to favorites, and generate the report from the saved favorite profile and it will generate the same data each time. SA5 has an internal billing system, which functions much like QuickBooks, and allows users to push their general ledger to QuickBooks to create a P&L.

David from Custom Lawn & Landscape, Inc.

Industry: Environmental Services

Good product but needs constant work

It is mixed because there are so many great features, but as I said above, the company tries to be the entire solution to every service business, and it falls quite short in this capacity. Operating a small business myself, I have found that finding what you are great at and focusing on that is the key to success. It seems to me that RG is working awful hard on trying to stretch beyond their wheel-house.

Pros

I like the idea of SA. It does things many other solutions in my industry don't offer. SA manages our customer's services very well. It handles billing and service dispatch very well. It allows us to give nearly instant quotes to many many people in our service area. It is quite accurate with day to day operation based services.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with other marketing software like Hubspot. SA tries to be a marketing company, a printing company, a customer service company, an accounting company, essentially it tries to be too many things. If SA would focus on getting the service scheduling and dispatch and billing 100% correct, I feel like they would easily be the best in the industry. There are often errors when running reports out of SA. Some of the information dispersed through the reports needs to be verified because it is so often incorrect. There are times when the program is slow to operate (web based version). There are some essential features such as entering a day of production, that simply don't work and are not fixed. The scheduling feature doesn't work when trying to schedule 2 services in the same time slot for the same customer which happens frequently in our area. Their marketing solutions are not that good overall.

Reasons for Choosing Service Assistant

The pain of switching would have outweighed the benefits at this time. We're kind of locked in without investing an enormous amount of time and energy into learning a completely new system.

Lisa from Tuff Lawn Lawn Service, Inc.

Service Assistant Software

Pros

Being a user of Service Assistant Software since 2002, we have come to rely on it for our business management software. The software is all encompassing and runs our business well. We are in a self hosted environment and have control over our computer system. The software on our self hosted service has been quite stable. We will continue to run in this environment until a time that we feel the online hosted software is comparable.

Cons

What I am quite disappointed in is the switch to online hosted software run by Real Green. They are pushing companies to use their online software at a ridiculous cost. To use their online software would run us almost 10 times the monthly maintenance cost. The online hosted software is NOT STABLE and users are being used as guinea pigs while Real Green tries to work the bugs out. An example would be TODAY where the system was down for most of the day for many users. In this day and age where users have come together to form user groups online, Real Green is making a huge mistake rolling out software with continued issues. We've heard from more than 10 different online users in our group that there was limited and NO access to the software today. This is the start out our busy season for most companies in the lawn care industry. It is unacceptable to have a system go down for all the online users. I am glad that we made the decision to stay self hosted. I returned from the conference in January almost convinced to switch to their online hosted software but the reviews from users are far from good. It is too bad becuase Real Green software has been good and stable up until this major change. Maybe they should stick with what they know, software and let users continue to self host. THank you.

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied March 2020

We are sorry for any inconvenience you experience as a result of last week's slowdown and temporary outage. The problem has been fixed and all functions are stable and operating at optimal speed.

Carl from Patriot Lawn & Pest Management

Software & Support is good But .....

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] sold me the and another Lawn Doctor franchise the software in 2000 or 2001. I know I am no longer a franchisee but to increase as quickly as it has seemed unreasonable to me. Although this is the first time I have put my thoughts down on paper.

Pros

I feel the software, in general, meets my needs and support always gets the job done whenever there is a problem. The cost of using the software is getting very expensive. I wish I could say that I haven't thought about researching other software. I was paying $2500/ year but now I am spending like $20K +.

Cons

Cost is getting out of control and sometimes I feel like no matter what I do the cost increases. Sometimes I get charged for technicians signing on to SA for clocking in. It wastes my time to research the issues when I receive an invoice. This was happening monthly for most of 2019. I haven't had time to check 2020.

Reasons for Choosing Service Assistant

The software had a way to set up payment plans.

Reasons for Switching to Service Assistant

The software did not have a way to set up payment plans.

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the feedback, Carl. We are glad to see that you are pleased with our software and support. It is our goal to ensure our customers are getting the best value for the best products on the market. While it is true that prices have increased since 2000, it is also true that today's Real Green Systems customers receive a much more all-inclusive package of services than we offered 20 years ago. Customers who purchased our software 20 years ago bought it outright and then had to pay an additional fee for yearly support. If there were updates, customers paid extra for them and had to handle the installation themselves. They likely were hosting their own data, or their franchise corporate offices paid an outside company to host. Under our current pricing, Real Green Systems hosts all data, updates are automatic and included, and unlimited support is included. We also have many more features and services available today than we did in 2000, including marketing and direct mail.

Clint from Nitro Green of Helena

realgreen review

It needs to let us go back to ABTEK credit card processing or we will find something else.

Pros

I can schedule many services, and see past records and notes.

Cons

It requires you to use real green credit card processing which is more expensive and labor intensive. The routing isn't setup for lawn spraying (servicing lawns from one side of vehicle), and the mapping is outdated.

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the review. There seems to be a misconception about our routing. Real Green software was one of the first available offering same side of street routing and uses the most up to date maps available for each area serviced. While Real Green Payment Processing (RGPP) is integrated with our software, users are welcome to use any payment processing they wish to. We do not force any company to use RGPP, which is seamless and straightforward to use.

Brad from American Turf & Tree Care

Needs work

I wish we would have stayed on SA4 longer.

Pros

I love how you can access SA5 anywhere you have internet. It's much easier to get around than SA4.

Cons

*DOWN TIME or Super SLOW *Features like associating services was not complete and it messed things up big time. Need to launch complete features. If something doesn't work it puts a lot of doubt in my Team about Real Green. *Quit adding features before everything else is working like a well oiled machine. *There isn't a way to figure out our customer attrition rate. *There isn't a dashboard that you can keep track of KPI's or anything else at a glance. *Real Green says they are an open API but they never allow any other company to connect * Needs to be 1 platform - You have to write a proposal in SA5 to send out through AMA (Different Platform). When you have to have a setting in a different platform to work in the intended platform, doesn't make much sense and it's very confusing.

Reasons for Choosing Service Assistant

We have used Real Green since 1998. I hope SA5 makes some leaps and bounds this year.

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied March 2020

Brad, we apologize for the recent slowdown and for the impact on your business. We have a plan in place to ensure this doesn't happen again. Also, thank you for the feedback on SA5 from a users' perspective. We appreciate you as a customer and hope you will give us a chance to make it right.

Good but slow

Pros

Ease of use. Great customer support. Calls are returned within the hour.

Cons

Very expensive. Software is extremely slow. Wait up to a minute or more for pages to load. Not good when you have clients/potential clients waiting for answers. I have to wade through many screens to get to the information.

Amber from Green Unlimited

Loads of Functionality (SA4)

Overall, once you learn it, it can be a very powerful tool. The newest version is a lot more user friendly from what I have heard and read, so this may not be so true with SA5 as it is with SA4. They also offer many additional services such as the automated marketing assistant and customer assistant website, which we also use and find to be great!

Pros

- can do many things within their software they have available - tech support is always a delight to deal with - many software "add ons" available to help with your business needs and change how you interact with your customers - webinars and in-person yearly conferences are offered - always coming up with updates and new, innovative products

Cons

- the software can be complex to learn, especially for new hires and they get hired during the busy season (I realize SA5 will improve this point a lot, but I am only unable to comment on that from a user and trainer point of view at this time) - many reports and such can be easily pulling the wrong information with a simple mistake of not clicking a box, or clicking a box we shouldn't have

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the review! Regarding the point on reports, report parameters can be saved to favorites, so users can run favorite reports without re-entering settings. Because the software is so robust, and users have such a broad array of ways they want to view their data, we tried to accommodate as many different scenarios as possible.

Laura from Consumer Services

Great Software for Scheduling and Routing

Overall, it was easy to use after learning the basics. The mapping and scheduling functionality is this softwares best feature.

Pros

I really liked that I could see all customers who are currently due for service on the map at one time. Selecting an area on the map of customers was so easy! I could just click and drag an area on the map and a list of those customers would pull up for scheduling.

Cons

The company I worked for offered pest control and lawn service. This software is definitely designed for lawn service functionality, but didn't work perfectly for the pest control aspects. We made it work, but the software wasn't designed with pest control and termite control services in mind.

Reasons for Choosing Service Assistant

It wasn't my choice. The software was already chosen for the company I worked for.

Andrew from A & A LAwncare

A & A Lawn care

Pros

How it helps office staff communicate to the customer using AMA. Also all the marketing functions.

Cons

Improvements with accounting features. More ease on applying installments to invoices rather than balance. Improvements on aging and better explanation how and why accounts get aged. Better communication with accounting software to carry GL over. I feel like to do this correctly you have to have a lot accounting background. While larger companies have a department of the ability to contract this out, smaller users would have a difficult time. We had this issue early on when the company was forming.

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied March 2020

Thanks for the great review, Andrew! The improvements you mentioned regarding applying installments to invoices, account aging, and GL communication are available in the new SA5 product.

Aaron from Payson Lawn Care

15 months later still a horrible system!

Horrible!

Pros

After 15 months I have yet to see any benefit from Service Assistant, the Customer Assistant Website, the Automated Marketing Assistant, or Mobile live. If you are a one stop shop, you only offer one service then this software might suit you. As long as you can afford to spend most of the day on the phone with tech support or you can afford to pay someone to spend more time on the phone with tech support then they do taking care of your customers.

Cons

After 15 months this system cost me unmeasurable losses. A complex system that doesn't work, their tech support personnel (if you can get a hold of them) can't run it. I have services completed in April of 2019 that still have not synced with my customers online account. Among other major issues, I have still have customers receiving blank invoices, invoices with inaccurate balances & invoices for services they've already paid for. Customers who have credits on their accounts have had their cards charged. My installment customers haven't been billed in 2 months. The analytics do not work, the system doesn't track your labor accurately. I spent 4 days and over $2000 working with their "top tech guy" [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], after 4 days [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was still not able to run a single report with accurate information. 100% of the issues I brought up to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] his response was "yep that's not working. Let me take this to that department and find out why." After several issues [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] got on the phone and said "I'm sorry our system isn't working for you." A factually inaccurate and intellectually dishonest statement. I could not have been more insulted, every word she uttered was carefully crafted to avoid any culpability. I have never dealt with a company lacking this much integrity. They just don't care, I paid close to $15,000 last year, they admit the system isn't working properly, yet refuse any liability. I can't even get a refund much less reimbursement for damages.

Reasons for Choosing Service Assistant

I was promised service assistant would do what I was looking for in a system. Only to find out later, not only did service assistant not do what I was told, the unseen cost to implement the system is so outrageous, when you decide to leave Service Assistant it's crippling.

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied February 2020

Aaron, our Vice President of Customer Success will be reaching out to you today to resolve these issues.

Cheryl from Gro Lawn, Inc.

What I Think About SA

As far as problems I can't think of any, however we are not using SA5.

Pros

Works well in our industry. I like the routing and truck tracking features. Having the ability for clients to log into their account and make billing changes helps the office staff greatly. Using tablets in the field is a great advantage as well!!

Cons

Can't think of a particular issue. Have requested for years to make the credit card expiration date numbers instead of the words Example November = 11.

Reasons for Choosing Service Assistant

Referred to us. We were new to the industry and didn't really know of any other options.

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the great review, Cheryl! We appreciate you as a customer.

David from Green Meadow Lawn LLC

Lawncare Professional Must Use This Product

I was 1st introduced to the software back in 2001. It has grown every year and continues to provide unmatched industry technology.

Pros

It target specifically the lawncare and associated services industry. It offers so many features that I use daily so much that I would be lost with out it. The technical support is amazing!! It allow us to provide customer service at an amazingly high level.

Cons

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied March 2020

Thanks for the great review, David. We work hard to provide superior value to our customers continually.

Jim from Tuff Turf Molebusters

Industry: Facilities Services

Great product

I have used the program for 26 years and they keep making valuable enhancements and capabilities. Their programmers never cease to surprise me.

Pros

There is not much this software cannot do! If you own a pest control, lawn care, or service business, this is the software for you.

Cons

I really don't not like anything about the software, but if I had to come up with one thing I don't like, it would be the increase in the cost of the services every year. That is just part of business, because my prices go up as well.

Reasons for Choosing Service Assistant

I didn't even consider anything else.

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied February 2020

Jim, thank you for the review! We love it when our customers are successful and happy.

garrett from Fert

Real Green, real $$

Helps in every aspect of your business. Almost all of the cons of previous reviews are not true. Routeing/invoicing is the easiest/ most detailed ive seen. You do NOT have to use their forms (you can have your local supply create the exact same document-the biggest thing is having certain parts of it in the correct spots). This is not an all in one system meaning one price gets you everything. Think a-la-carte- pick what you want and you'll pay for it. Customer service so far has been great- yes you have to create a ticket and wait for them to get back to you, typically it is same day, sometimes within the hour. Spreadsheets w/ quickbooks as a better option? Really?! Your going to be able to do 1% of what Real Green can do with that option. Overall it is $$$ but you gott spend $$ to make $$. Overall this software has taken over roughly 1 salaried position from our company.

Pros

Complete product, if you want to do something, there is almost always a way to do it.

Joscelyn from Four Seasons Tree Care

Happy Customer!

Service assistant is great. We love it and the team that works behind it.

Pros

Cons

The part I like least is the inability to add multiple e-mails for the different departments within a company, board members, property manager, A/P. A/R that are within the same organization or customer. Also, we are in Canada, many of the extra features are for the US only.

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied March 2020

Thanks for the great review, Jocelyn.

Kersten from Aggieland Green / Integrated Lawn Care

Industry: Farming

My Review of Service Assistant

It works great, until it doesn't. Then you have to put in a support call and usually get told it's user error, when it isn't necessarily.

Pros

I like the ability to send service reminders and schedule through the software.

Reasons for Choosing Service Assistant

It seemed to make the most sense for the line of work we do.

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the review, Kersten. We'll have our product management team reach out. It would help us improve by hearing the details. Thank you for your honest feedback.

Broan from ChrmPro Lawn Care

Very disappointed

I've used this software with other companies I worked for before starting my own business. It was always great as an employee, but as far as helping me run my business, not so much. It's too exspensive. $/ month for basic customer tracking. Billing is awful. You have to print every invoice, even if the customer doesn't want an invoice left, with the invoice paper costing a minimum $ for 500 that you have to purchase through the company. If you email the customers an invoice, you just have to have faith that it went through, because there is no CC option. There is also no link for the customer to pay online in an emailed invoice. You have to pay an extra $ month to create a Customer Assistant Website for the customer to pay online, but they give no assistance in actually helping your customer find said website to pay their bill. The credit card processing is super slow as it takes 2-5 minutes just to log into your account to see who's paid you today, and for some reason only syncs with the software every 2 hours. So customers could call you saying they've paid, and you'll be none the wiser. None of this is mobile friendly, and everytime you call them asking why the system doesn't do something, they try to up sell you for another $ month. Mobile access is $ per device Emailing customers an invoice with a link to pay on-line is $ per email. The routine software is more. The paper to print is ridiculously expensive. They never solve a problem when you call, they have to enter a ticket so that a service tech can call you back, eventually. There are too many moving parts that creat too many opportunities for mistakes with this software. Spread sheets and QuickBooks at $/month is a much smarter option, unless you just like throwing money out of the window.

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied January 2017

Thank you for honest review. We are pleased that you enjoyed using our products while you were employed in the field. As a business owner in any industry, there are unfortunately some necessities that can be very expensive. However, our product costs are in-line with many of our competitors. Real Green Systems offers a complete product, which helps run every aspect of a service industry business and is considered investment in growth. I see from our records that you are a new client. We would still love to keep you as one of our valued customers. As thousands of customers worldwide can attest, Real Green Systems offers great products and services, as well as experienced service industry marketing experts and business consultants that are invested in making clients successful. If you sincerely like using our products, but are finding affordability a factor, please contact your Real Green rep at (800) 422-7478 to investigate a solution that fulfills your business needs.

Frank from Franks reliable lawncare

Industry: Chemicals

The ups & down of a company

For 24 years never had any problems from the the woman who answered my call to the printing dept. now the past few months all down hill since new owners . That’s why they were a 10 now a 1 .

Pros

All good covers everything we need from invoices to software

Cons

Works all the time no cons about it that’s why I’ve been a customer for over 25 years .

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied February 2020

Thank you for the review, Frank. With all the great things you've said about us though, we are curious as to why you only ranked us 1 out 10 for Likelihood to Recommend? We'd love to find out why, so we can change your 1 to a 10!

Christian from Sod Services

Helped my business grow

Never let's you forget

Pros

Real green systems have significantly help me grow my business. We've gone from using other programs that never had the capabilities that real green has. It's made things so much better. It's a great marketing tool.

Cons

there's almost too many functions with the system. It's very "nitty gritty". You really have to pay attention to the settings you have when pulling reports for instance. Good part is thy the support team always figures it out!!

Nathan from Royse Lawn care

Industry: Chemicals

Real green used to be real good. Support and service lacks

Service assistant was great, then they decided to be cloud based so they could sell sell sell. What they forgot was to make it work first. They seriously need an internal IT and coding department because what they are doing doesn’t work. 4-5 hour callback times, had to outsource call answering due to being overwhelmed with issues, product instability is such a problem I’d love to go back 3 generations and do things the old way. This is a classic case of rush to market, oversell, over promise, and under deliver. It’s shameful.

Pros

Looks pretty Works good...when it works Ability to incorporate so much marketing....when it works

Cons

Cost, value, functionality, support, customization, dependability

Supposed functionality

Toni from Lawntech Ltd

Took a while to iron out the initial issues and features that weren't fully functioning. Now it just needs to get faster!

Pros

Cons

The report functions aren't fully developed and it isn't completely adapted for the UK market

Reasons for Choosing Service Assistant

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the review, Toni!

Kari from Headman Christmas Lighting

Sa4 VS Sa5

See above...

Pros

It is online so I can work from anywhere.

Cons

In the past we used SA4 with out lawn care, it is very user friendly and takes less time to enter in new customer as well as services than SA5. There seem to be a lot of glitches in SA5 even when entering a customer. When entering in the address on the address search line, I often have to reenter the info on the individual address blocks as it does not find the address and auto enter the info in the correct fields. I still can not figure out how to schedule correctly even though I have been walked through it a couple of times. We use the software for Christmas Light Services. Our main area that we enter info for our customers is the Work Order. The function of that is so bad that we use SA4. SA4 takes me half the time to enter and edit all my info. The notes for each item is view able without having to scroll and ope each one as in SA5. Overall, I don't like SA5. It is very frustrating. I wish you had more video tutorials for the functionality as every time I go to search for help, I am not ever able to find a usable fix without calling into tech support.

David from Eastern Turf Maintenance

Problems Persist

Very Frustrating!

Pros

Read Below.

Cons

Tech Support - I feel only about 50% of the tech support team know the product. I have to call back multiple times to deal with either a mobile live problem, CAW, AMA, SA-5, Payment processing. I have to wait HOURS to get a call back. Now when I call I can't be told where I am in the que which means that I can't do other work. I am tied to my desk!

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the review, David. We are sorry for the frustration with recent wait times for tech support and have implemented a new call center to help minimize that timing. While we do have some tech support team members who specialize in our legacy products, all tech support team members can help with routine maintenance issues in any product we offer.

Andrew from Andrew's Lawn & Landscaping

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Please contact me

SA4 was good and we switched to 5 and it is slower and customer service is slow and no one seems to care.

Pros

cloud based

Cons

customer service has gone way downhill. SA5 is SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Reasons for Choosing Service Assistant

we are looking in to alternatives currently because I can not get a call back about issues i am having. I feel over promised and under delivered.

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied March 2020

Thank you for your review and comments. Andrew, we do care and are working to resolve the issue. A permanent fix should be in place this week. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Richard from MRW Lawns, Inc

Not a good start

Will let you know

Pros

I will let you know later. I am not sure just yet.

Cons

Everything in SA5 is completely different from SA4. We have been used to SA4 for 10 years.

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied March 2020

Thank you for your review. Yes, SA5 is drastically different from the SA4 product, which launched in 2009 on an entirely different platform. It's a process getting used to new software, as items we use every day get relocated, and our muscle memory needs time to adjust. It's completely understandable. A lot of research into the workflows of lawn and pest companies went into the SA5 development, and it is intuitive to those flows. We encourage users to stick with it. If we can help the process in any way, please reach out.

Bob from Harvest Lawn Care

Industry: Chemicals

Software That was forced upon us

Prior to new release SA5 we were happy

Pros

??? Like the idea of features but nothing performs as promised

Cons

Entire program since it does not perform

Reasons for Switching to Service Assistant

We were told we had no choice

Response from RealGreen Systems

Replied March 2020

Our VP of Customer Success will be reaching out to you. We're deeply sorry that you are not pleased with the product.

July 2014

Simeon from Miller's Lawn & Landscape

July 2014

Very disappointed

This software is very costly and I thought that it would be the best for me but I have been nothing but disappointed. Clients have called every month since I got it complaining about the confusing bills. They make you buy their paper which is an added expense. This was supposed to help me make sure everything was getting done and speed up the monthly invoices. I have missed a lot of projects and the invoice process takes 2-3 times longer. I think the thing that upsets me the most is that if I make a mistake on a bill I can't fix it without the client seeing it on their invoice.

April 2015

JR from Lawn Rx

April 2015

best out

The other user doesnt know how to use it, he is an idiot. It runs our plowing mowing fertilizing and every other service we offer, seamlessly. Billing is cake and it keeps track of data very good.