• Pros

• "Its easy to learn. Its easy to set up, and it saves me so much time compared to the way we used to do things!"

• "It's super easy to use, and the support is unparalleled - they are responsive and helpful!"

• "I love the ease of the software, the features, constant improvements, and customer service!"

• Cons

• "They do have a few bugs here and there, however they fix them relatively quickly. Anytime there has been an issue, they have had it fixed within 30 mins to 24 hours"

• "It can be a little slow when adding new teams, or sometimes when changing the schedule. But the support team are ever so helpful and quick to act on items i raise with them."

• "The only con is that I didn't find it sooner. "

Browse ZenMaid Reviews

Krissi from BD365 ltd

Zenmaid my life easier!

The benefits of using this system have been amazing. I've scaled from myself and my husband to 20+ staff without breaking a sweat. It provides a GPS audit trail of appointments and the customer and technical support is second to none. The owner is incredibly hands on and actually listens, helps, advises and answers support questions himself - enabling him to remain in touch with what we the users want. The additional level of support that Zenmaid provides not just their users but the industry is amazing. They recently hosted and coordinated a global online summit bringing industry experts from around the world to provide help, support, ideas and beat practise to to the industry.

Pros

Having started with this software when it was just my husband and I, it very quickly became the reason that I could grow my business so quickly. The ease of use, the ability to scale and the additional features it has are amazing. From GPS tracking apps, to snapshot reporting to a simple to read dashboard - it really does everything. Inclusive (free) texts to customers through the system to remind clients and staff of appointments - it really is a system where you can add a client, add the appointment, assign the staff member and then simply forget about it! Right through to providing unlimited customisable booking forms that seamlessly plug into your website or Facebook page. In addition, anything that it doesn't have right now, you simply add it as a feature request and their in-house development team start working on it. The rate at which the software has developed, enhanced and evolved over the last two years is phenomenal and I look forward to seeing how it continues to grow alongside me.

Cons

Really difficult to say. I will agree with another review that the inability right now to calculate travel time directly in the system can be frustrating - however setting up travel appointments is one option that works as is simply exporting the payroll to CSV and applying some excel wizardry! Only other thing I like least is that the Halloween customisation was only around for a few days but I can't wait for the Christmas one!

Reasons for Choosing ZenMaid

Having sat in a lot of the social media forums before choosing software and having trialled the other software, what convinced me was the level of support from these forums. Not only about the software, but about cleaning businesses in general. So yes, Zenmaid has "maid" my life easier

Response from ZenMaid

Replied November 2019

Thanks Krissi! Was a pleasure meeting you in London last month :-) You'll be happy to know we're discussing mileage/travel time now that we have a new map view releasing next week!

Tom from Alkemi Clean Greensboro LLC

Industry: Capital Markets

Excellent for scheduling and communication, has some drawbacks

Zenmaid has done a stellar job at the main thing we wanted it to do, which is helping us communicate effectively within the company and with our clients. It has a lot of room for improvement in all other areas.

Pros

Zenmaid has helped us nearly eliminate lockouts and late cancellations, has improved communication with our staff, and has strengthened our appearance as a professional and organized company. I love the amount of customization available within client/contact notes and notes regarding staff. I want to emphasize that this is the main reason we went shopping for a management software and we have not been disappointed. 5 stars for these features!

Cons

As a company that pays staff travel time between jobs and for office duties, reimburses staff for mileage, and allows unpaid breaks in the middle of longer jobs, we find the timekeeping and payroll side of Zenmaid to be all but useless. If your company only pays time on site and doesn't allow breaks you will have no problem with the software (though you may have trouble retaining staff). We also don't use Zenmaid for billing because we find that software designed for that purpose has better functionality and we get better card processing rates through our own third party provider. So to us, Zenmaid is nowhere near being the complete all-in-one solution that it would like to be. Furthermore, the scheduling is almost impossible to use on my Android phone. If a client asks me to schedule something for them away from my desktop, it's just pure luck whether I can get the calendar to cooperate with me. The app and website both run slow on mobile as well. The WORST part about mobile usage is the lack of any kind of autosave feature. I can spend an hour in an estimate with a potential client, make a ton of notes, and potentially have all of it disappear if I don't have a good signal and/or don't successfully press the "save" button.

Reasons for Choosing ZenMaid

It's specific to the cleaning service. Tons of customization options. Pricing.

Natalie from Mint Housekeeping

Life Changing

When I started my residential cleaning company, we were completely on paper. I started searching for a scheduling software. I had tried several and was unhappy with each of them. Then I found ZenMaid. Not only did they import all of my customers (saving me many many hours), they also put my schedule together and set up my booking page! This software has freed up so much of my time, so that I am no longer spending hours a day working my business. On top of all of that, they have the best customer service that I have ever come across. Thank you ZenMaid for changing my business and giving me my life back!

Pros

Its customization makes for ease of use

Cons

The only con is that I didn't find it sooner.

Reasons for Choosing ZenMaid

ZenMaid was the only scheduling software made by maid service owners for maid service owners.

Laura from Abode Complete

Needs work

Very friendly customer service and great potential, but the time I spent on redoing payroll is a deal breaker for me. very frustrating.

Pros

Cheap, easy to use (other then the glitches and having to refresh every time you make a change) and I did like the calendar scheduling system designed for the uniqueness of a cleaning company, from booking form to finalizing payment (but not following through to payroll ).

Cons

Not sure how this product is getting rave reviews when it has glitches that are huge problems, such as missing payroll hours (on the calendar,logged in and not on payroll)! ...unless of course the users are trusting that the program is calculating properly, as it should be! This is only one of many little glitches.....customer service responds but never answers or solves the problem. Payroll should not be sold as a service on this system. So be aware, if you get this software - do your own time sheet calculations. After using this for 6 months and pulling my hair out, I switched to a software that works.

Reasons for Choosing ZenMaid

I was drawn to the idea of having industry designed software, specific to my needs for booking

Karen from The Cleaning Advantage

Great Cloud Based Scheduling Software

The customer service and support is excellent. If I have a question; it is addressed almost immediately in the chat box or by email.

Pros

It is so easy to use as well as get up and running. Very intuitive with a clean and uncluttered interface and very easy to navigate. It has a good deal of customization which is nice. I feel it has just enough bells and whistles to manage my cleaning business without being overly complicated or having too busy of a user interface.

Cons

I have been using since August 2019 and have not found anything yet that I don't like. I will use this program until I don't need it anymore.

Reasons for Choosing ZenMaid

I found the other user interfaces to be very user unfriendly and complicated. I am older so not as techy as the younger crowd which is probably fine for them. This is a good fit for me being a simple interface and very intuitive.

Jasmine from She Can Clean

Must have

Zen Maid overall is a must-have for any cleaning service. It is a professional advantage to have clear communication from your client to the office to the field . As you grow scheduling can become challenging Zen helps to keep things simple and the features improve all the time . The zen maid team is also a great resource to those newer to the industry. Id recommend using zen to help you grow and obtain a professional image .

Pros

We love the auto scheduling and reminder features . The system is very helpful for keeping all your clients info in one place and staying on track of things . The app is also great for keeping track of employees with GPS and auto reminders

Cons

There are a few issues from the technicians cell app our cleaners report connection issues and notes dont always save . It would be amazing to see photo sharing , live dispatch screen that shows openings vrs bookings to assist with scheduling . A group message area would be awesome too .

Reasons for Choosing ZenMaid

Industry specific with auto scheduling, staff auto reminders . Text / email capabilitys , cell phone app, gps in / out times , made by cleaners for cleaners !

Ashley from Dashing Maids LLC

ZenMaid saved my sanity!

Less canceled appointments and lockouts. I save money from having to purchase a multitude of other software/apps.

Pros

The team behind ZenMaid is topnotch. Onboarding was a breeze and it has saved me thousands of dollars over the past 2 years. My clients and team members alike appreciate its reliability, ease of use and constantly updated and improved upon features. I can't imagine my business would be where it is today without this software! Thank YOU!

Cons

No bad experiences. Any time I have a question or recommendation it is addressed promptly.

Reasons for Choosing ZenMaid

The onboarding process and the features aligned with my goals as a company.

Ariel from Dynamic Cleaning LLC

Co-Owner

We have benefited from using ZenMaid tremendously. We have become VERY organized with scheduling our clients. More organized business = happy clients = more business. We have grown our team due to the scheduling feature as it became easy to see and record workers' appointments. We have saved TIME. Our teams have saved time thanks to the map feature being able to click right on the address and not get lost. As owners, we have saved time with scheduling, billing, etc.!

Pros

Gosh, this is tough to answer...I like most how it is affordable. Also everything for operating my cleaning business is in one place. It is SIMPLY laid out and easy to navigate through. TONS of useful features from color coordination, on my way texts, tracking client payments, dashboard, etc.. Also there's such caring team who operates Zenmaid where they RESPOND to your questions and concerns in a timely manner.

Cons

The thing I like LEAST is the name...We are not MAIDS but cleaners. It would be ideal if it was called Zen. The task feature is something I don't care for. It seems like there isn't much usefulness to it. It would be ideal if there was a icon on the left side for tasks and it was like a "To-Do" list. I feel it's currently more of a "reminder" than a task. As an owner, needing to use the browser to change the schedule/assign workers last minutes. It would be ideal if there was a separate thing so we can do that right from our phone with ease.

Reasons for Choosing ZenMaid

ZenMaid's layout and navigation is so much easier/smooth and less overwhelming.

Michelle from Sparkling Homes Cleaning Service, Inc

I love ZenMaid!

I can now sleep at night knowing everyone has all the information they need. I don't have to worry about clients forgetting us or techs not showing up. The GPS clock in is a game changer for peace of mind!

Pros

This software is so easy to use and customizable. There are so many features that have been built out since I started using this software that I feel like it grew with me. I came from using pen and paper and was consistently being locked out of houses because they didn't remember I was coming, my cleaning techs didn't know where to go or what to do when they got there, we were losing checks all the time. It was all around chaotic. Now the clients always know we are coming with the reminders and On the Way texts, the map is built in for the employees with a very easy app for them to use to get the notes, garage codes and even pets names and I am able to charge the client's credit card for each cleaning through the software. My cleaning techs don't ever have to worry about how our company is being paid!

Cons

This is really a tough one. Every time I have ever had any thoughts on what could be improved the team makes it happen in a short amount of time! They are so great at being responsive to the needs of the business owners because most of their team are cleaning business owners themselves.

Reasons for Choosing ZenMaid

I can't remember which softwares I thought of using. At the time that I was pricing out the options ZenMaid was the only software within my price range and had more than what I needed.

Christina from Your Happy House Cleaner

Software is a Lifesaver!

How important it is to have good communication with employees and clients.

Pros

I love how easy it is for employees to find all the info they need for their work. I love that it keeps the clients updated, as well and sending the reminders to both them and us. Been a game changer for me!!!! I also LOVE the simplicity, ease of use, look and feel of the software. I have tried other scheduling system, and although functionality is of course the most needed part of it, I have found Zenmaid the easiest to navigate and enjoyable to look at and deal with.

Cons

I wish that there was a way for everyone on the team to be able to see if someone already hit the "on the way" button so that it isn't hit more than once. I also would LOVE to see the ability to upload pictures of items that may have been found/damanged from the employees phone, and also I would love love love the ability to upload checklists that the employees would need to check off to be able to clock out to save paperwork being everywhere.

Michelle from Above the Line Cleaning

Zenmaid Review 11 months use

The software is definitely getting better. In the beginning there was a TON of glitches or things that would happen such as appointments not saving or not being able to see what I was typing, or just the overall speed of the application was running at turtle speed. Over the months it has definitely gotten better. I'd say in the last 3 specifically

Pros

I like having everything in one place. Being able to look at when our cleaning techs clock in/out and simple one click options

Cons

I hate the little circles with the tech's initials. We have many employees with very similar initials. Also, when I schedule a team to clean a location, it always turns the job ticket to one specific tech's color, I wish there was a way that it would divide the color in half or by 3 or 4, so that I could easily pull up the calendar and see who is working right then without clicking into the job. Right now, if I am out of the office and need to look quickly, it is physically impossible from my phone without clicking all the way into the job. I would love for it to take up across the day with however many people I schedule, and allow me to click once and they all pull up as the same job ticket. Because..... I have tried doing them all separately so that I was able to quickly see them and then it sent my clients 4 reminders for their upcoming appt. That definitely was not ideal!!

Response from ZenMaid

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the review, Michelle - please contact support@zenmaid.com if you continue to struggle with anything in the system :-) For anyone else reading - here's what the owner of Above the Line Cleaning (Michelle's company) sent our support this morning (11/10/2019): "We're good! Trying to grow obviously; booked a record breaking FIVE new clients today, which is literally record breaking as we may go a month to do that...finally have a good team and the last two months have been prosperous. Saving up to step up marketing. Feels like a helluva a lot longer than a year but I am SOOOO grateful to you, Courtney, and Maria. Literally lifesaving :-) :-) :-) "

Amanda from Student Maid

There is no failure. Only feedback. Robert Allen

The benefits of having someone else take care of an important software we use daily has been great. Because our other software was in house, the upkeep and updating took a lot of time and pulled us away from things we should be focusing on instead. Its the saying "leave it to the pros" is where I am going with this. I think its hard for anyone to switch to something completely new after using something else for years, but the Zenmaid team made it easy.

Pros

The layout is easy to look at and use. If we have any issues at all, we can easily contact someone in the company for help (and they are always helpful!) It makes us question systems we have put in place before we started the software showing us that there are other ways to do things. (makes us think more efficiently). I love the ideas/feedback section on the software and being able to see other peoples suggestions AND I really love the Facebook group and getting to know other companies all over the world. So coo!

Cons

Im not sure if its because our last software had a custom online booking we created, so I am comparing, but I wish it was more customizable for how we charge and lets us have more forms for difference services we offer. We have had to add a step back in our process to confirm booking information, where we wish it could be a one in done on the clients end. We had spots we put on our schedule that were specific for online bookings, so anytime a potential client tried to book, they could see what was available and book it themselves. Easy money for us not having to do anything! haha.

Gina from Personal Effects Ltd.

ZenMaid for Scheduling & Customer Database Functions

We are only using ZenMaid for scheduling purposes so I cannot speak to the payroll / invoicing experience.

Pros

*Designed specifically for cleaning companies * Options for automated communications for both customers and employees (email and/or text) - eg. appointment reminders, schedule changes, customer follow ups after service and more * Excellent customer service - Zenmaid extremely responsive and helpful with questions or concerns *Reasonably priced *Constantly upgrading, improving & adding new features (built in feedback system for feedback from users) *The app is super helpful for obtaining information on the go but does have its limitations - promises have been made to increase app functionality soon * Customizable - can add your own custom fields for customer information, statuses, etc. and can make determination as to who can see information (employees vs management) * Multiple viewing options for schedule * Multiple options for recurring service frequencies * Feedback section where users vote on suggestions for improvement * Also provide other useful tips/videos/articles on how to successfully run a cleaning company * Love how the software tracks your leads and how they came to you - provides great reporting for tracking which marketing sources are the most effective for you * Can link with your website for managing leads & online appointment bookings (if you want) * Like how employees can clock in and out of a job and can see a map of where they have to go

Cons

* Can be cumbersome at times - particularly with making changes to recurring services. They seem to be aware of the issue and have been working on making improvements but it's not quite there yet. * Can be glitchy at times but generally can be correlated with when they have been introducing a new update which is understandable I guess. * Custom fields show up in order created and cannot change order they appear. This drives me nuts because as we are using we think of new things to add but cannot put the new fields next to others of similar vein so the information is a bit disjointed in appearance. * Wish we could print schedules * Wish we could visualize the schedule by customer on the monthly view * You can see all upcoming appointments for a customer but cannot print or email that to send to customer

Seth from Elite Cleaning Services, LLC

September 2015

SIMPLY BRILLIANT!! AMAZING PRODUCTIVITY BOOSTER!

Pros

We began using ZENMAID 8 months ago. After using 5 different systems previously, we finally found the one and only we need. It is so simple to use, the team loves the features, and as an owner of a very rapidly growing cleaning business, I was so happy to finally find a software program that did EVERYTHING! We used to use 4 different systems costing us time, frustration and most importantly-MONEY. I was extremely reluctant at first, as all the software available out there was missing 1 or more features. Not ZENMAID! I rarely have the time to even write reviews on products or services, but ZENMAID deserves it! Scheduling is easy, tracking expenses, and the best (in my opinion) the route and work order sheets automatically go to the cleaning teams. Of course my Cleaning Tech's were leery at first, but once they saw how much easier it was to not have to constantly come by the office for work assignments, work assignment changes, etc...they were so much happier. It allowed for more time to plan around there own day, offering better life balance for them, and more overall productivity by our entire team. If you own a service business of any sort, I strongly encourage you to try this software. We estimate at least 30% more time out selling services than before, with so much less headache. Lastly, I can't forget to mention Amar and his team of Customer Service. They will respond ASAP with live chat for any questions, and even data import your client book for free! By far the best system out there, and I do know, because I have tried them all. Thanks for an amazing system created specifically for our industry! I wish I could rate the experience 6 stars, in all honesty.

Cons

I have tried over 5 different software systems for the past 3 years as we have been growing. NONE of them do what this does for our company. You cannot beat this system if you own a residential or commercial cleaning company-or any service related business for that matter. We are so happy to have found one system that does it all, and so easy to use.

Stacy from Green Clean Plus

Great Software, Continuous Improvements, Great Staff Support

Pros

I really like that Zenmaid has a very responsive team and they seem eager to offer updates at a client's request. I also like that Zenmaid is specifically tailored to the cleaning business industry and that they offer valuable support of the industry, in addition to providing a great software. Many of the top cleaning businesses use this software and there is so much online interaction. I tried Jobber for a short period of time and although it had similar features, they didn't have the same kind of ongoing support that is specific to the business. I love that Zenmaid is continuing to improve and add more reports. I like to analyze data company data in excel, and some of these reports make it much easier for me to analyze. I appreciate that that I am able to offer feedback easily and just recently I requested a report, and it was included by the team within a few days.

Cons

Initially the program did not have a map however they are currently working on this. Also there weren't many reports that could be pulled from the database. I would love to be able to have more reports in the future, such as a calculation of drive time spent between the "clock in" and "clock out" time of client houses.

Maxine from Green World Home Cleaning

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Zenmaid has given us our evenings back!!

Pros

The automated daily reminders save us so much time as we were sending these separately to each customer in the evenings. We were also using an older system that we were only able to use on one computer which was frustrating and Zenmaid has allowed us to access the schedule on any computer. We have been able to take a family trip of 5 days in another state and the business was still functioning while we were away because of Zenmaid. It has been a life changer!

Cons

I don't really have anything that I don't like. The nice thing about Zenmaid is that it is constantly being updated and the users are being heard when giving feedback on what could work better.

Lisa from Maid For You, Inc

Zenmaid is AWESOME

My overall experience has been a great one. If ever there is an issue, Zenmaid is sure to fix it promptly.

Pros

I have been using this software for many years now and have seen this company grow. They pay special attention to each and every customers needs. This is an easy software program that even the least techie (me) person can use and understand. Most importantly each and every person on the Zenmaid team is helpful in every way possible. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and staff go above and beyond. I highly recommend this software and company.

Cons

Id like to see the ability to map out a new customer for the best spot on the current schedule of customers.

Julie from Julie's Sonic Cleaning

Zenmaid to the rescue!

Zenmaid has been a saviour for my business and personal life. Zenmaid takes care of alot of tasks i used to waste time on. Once a clients information is set up, the email confirmations go out, then reminders, as well as work orders for staff. After a few weeks of not hearing from clients, it will even send an email asking them to come back. I'm able to go on vacations for weeks without having to worry about my business fuctioning without me. Thank you ZENMAID!!! Now I can't picture my life without you!!

Pros

Having all my info in a databae that's easily accessible. The reminders and emails so clients won't forget appointments or have no escuse to do so.

Cons

Ipad app has minimal function. However i know an update just launched so i have to check it out. I'd like the girls to be able to check their future schedule on there.

Response from ZenMaid

Replied August 2018

Thanks for the kind words, Julie! The mobile apps on iPhone and Android are still works in progress and we'll definitely be adding to them as we go. The cleaners can already see into the future however they have to do so day by day which is what you're referring to here, I think. That's changing next month and we'll be adding more functionality for you, the owner! :-)

Thomas & Katie from Cleaning By Design

We Love ZenMaid!

We are able to schedule, send out quotes, do payroll, and communicate with our customers more efficiently than ever before.

Pros

We love the fact that ZenMaid is so in tune with the needs of its users. They are constantly making improvements and working to make this the best maid service software on the market. We love how easy it is to use and the incredible support we get from their team.

Cons

We dont really have any complaints. We understand that this company is always updating their softwares capability, and functionality, to address the needs of its users.

Cheyenne from LUXE Cleaning Services

Best Software for a House Cleaning Service Owner

Pros

The online booking platform has great customization. The app for employees makes scheduling a breeze. The entire software makes my company look more professional from a clients perspective due to online booking, automated texts and emails and invoicing.

Cons

This is a new software so they are working on the kinks. The team is very responsive and helpful when there is an issue.

Rachel from Clean Chicks LLC.

Zenmaid Review

. The biggest benefit that I love from the software is the reminders to my customers set up a few days before the service as well as the booking feature

Pros

I like that customer service including [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] get back to me within hours of a question that I may have that type of customer service can't be beat. I am been so happy and relieved since I've started using zenmaid it has taken so much guesswork in free time put back into my life

Cons

Because I am a super small company right now and growing the price monthly is a little high but I am willing to pay for it because I do love the software so I make sure that it's taken care of

Lucinda from Clean House Cincinnati

Better than the "big guys"

The owner and his team try their best to deliver a maid-industry specific software solution and generally do very well.

Pros

I liked how when I was creating a new client or scheduling n appointment, it was off to the right like a sidebar and that allowed me to view the entire calendar while creating the appt. Easier to use than the "big guys" like Housecall Pro or mHelpDesk.

Cons

The schedule for multiple employees was not lined up nicely so that I could easily see where there are openings in the schedule for a new client. Very scattered and too much like using google with multiple calendars. I'm not going to pay to look at a schedule that is just like google's FREE version.

Response from ZenMaid

Replied December 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review us, Cindy! You are absolutely right! Our calendar does look like a view option in Google Calendar which is exactly what we were going for in ZenMaid. Google Calendar is super user friendly, and anyone can use it without a learning curve. We purposely wanted to mimic that. Where ZenMaid shines light years beyond Google Calendar (and our paid competition) is all the things that happen once the appointment is booked that no other free option can provide, and that makes us worth paying for. For example, a dedicated app that sends alerts , texts, and notifications to cleaners. And to customers updating them of statuses such as clock in times and arrival times. We have a full payroll system and marketing automations. Really - a list too long for this response. Back to the Google Calendar comment - we actually offer other calendar views that are designed for maid services as they grow because everyone has different preferences :-)

Diane from Enjoy Life Cleaning Services

Game Changing Software

5 star experience. The team is diligent in responding to questions. They are a progressive company and I know they will continue to be innovative. I look forward to each new item they add to the software as it means more free time for me!!

Pros

Ease of use. Makes for clear communication with our team. Automations give me my time back!!!

Cons

Lack of route density options ( glad a beta map feature is in the works ) that adding images to each clients homes is not an option... Yet :) The onboarding process initially

Aimee from Nature Maid

Great software that keeps getting better

Pros

This software saves me so much time managing my cleaning service! Scheduling and keeping track of client information is a breeze with ZenMaid. I also love that I can click on a client and charge their credit card easily though stripe, and also send automated reminders to clients and staff. One of the really great things about this software is that they provide awesome customer service and tech support and they are continually offering new functions based upon the suggestions of the users so that the software keeps on improving! Essentially the users are voting on new features and the software developers work to make those changes, which I think is a unique advantage over competitors software.

Cons

I don't like that you cannot send invoices with a link to pay via credit card directly from ZenMaid. Maybe this will be offered in the future though.

Kelseray from Sterling Rose Cleaning Services LLC

Happy ZenMaid User

Overall it's positive, it makes life easy for keep tracking of client appointments and providing schedules for my employees, I always recommend it to those looking for scheduling software.

Pros

Layout/design. Multiple options for viewing the schedule. Option for tasks. Billing capabilities. Reminders. OMW texts. E-mail templates. Fairly easy to use.

Cons

It would be nice if the remember me function worked for desktops. And maybe a stay signed in option. Staying signed in on the website for mobile as well. (I don't tend to use the app much except when I want to quickly glance at the day's appts.) An option for photos would be really cool. An option for a 'clock in' and 'clock out', that has no correlation to appointments would be handy because I pay drive time and it's way easier to have them clock in at the start of the day, out for lunch, then back in, then out at the end of the day. I currently use Tsheets to do this.

Seth

September 2015

AMAZING! HUGE PRODUCTIVITY BOOSTER!!

Pros

Everything about this system has been a dream come true for our business

Cons

None noted so far. The system is what we had been searching for the past 5 years in business!

Response from ZenMaid Software

Replied September 2015

Thanks Seth, much appreciated!

Quentin from Swept Clean

Industry: Facilities Services

Hard work made easy with ZenMaid software

Before starting my business I knew that I needed software to run things efficiently. Before I found ZenMaid, I have 3 other software and they all lacked in places in needed the most (organization). Needless to say, after the free trial and onboarding through ZenMaid, which was a plus, I've never looked for another software company since.

Pros

Customer service is the highest priority, always there in minutes to a answer any questions and they look for ways to improve there software by reaching to end user.

Cons

Going on two years using the software and I don't have anything least to say about the software.

Reasons for Choosing ZenMaid

Being a startup I needed something that had a holistic approach to software and the price was competitive. ZenMaid really has there company culture down pack, which in turn trickles down to the user.

Gloria from A Greener Clean LLC

Zenmaid makes my life easier

We used to keep a binder with all the clients addresses and notes on specifics for those jobs that I had to constantly be updating. I also used to have separate timesheets for payroll. Now everything is all in one system, from contact information, work orders, employee payroll, and automated reminders to the clients. It has been a huge timesaver for management. I now have more time to spend on marketing my business.

Pros

Its been most helpful with automatic reminders to clients and keeping our schedules organized and sending work orders to employees.

Cons

The phone app does not have full functionality as the web browser site

Jenavee from Jenny's Cleaning Services

Wonderful program!

Pros

The customer service is top notch and I am always promptly helped when I have questions about Zenmaid.

Cons

I really cannot say there are any cons to this software.

Response from ZenMaid

Replied November 2019

Thanks Jenavee!

April from Love's Cleaning Co.

Real Stress Relief!

The Zenmaid teamed wowed me. Being a very small company I hesitated because I thought it was expensive but if it were not for zenmaid I do not think I would have grown and now I couldnt do what I love without it

Pros

The automation is #1. I'm a single mom of 5 and I needed the automation more than I knew I did! Automatic texts, emails, and so much more. Instead of spending hours trying to keep everything in order and running smoothly I enter the info in once and done it runs itself. Customer service is on it! Any issue I have had they are with me in a timely matter and always fix my issues or direct me on how to fix these issues.

Cons

I do wish there were a way to track mileage (I do hear this is in the works) and pay mileage as well.

Response from ZenMaid

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the review, April, I didn't know you had 5 little ones! Mileage tracking and pay should be on the way in 2020 :-)

TIFFANY from Affordable Cleaning Team

A bit glitchy

Pros

Pricing, very reasonable for a smaller company

Cons

I dont like the glitches We experience glitches when making reoccurring changes. The calendar does not always load correctly. Techs cant always clock in and out dur to location. I'd like to be able to adjust pay to p4p. The app does not work well, we use the web version mostly.

Keli from The Tidy Nest LLC

Industry: Environmental Services

Great Software

I love the automatic appointment reminders and follow-up surveys that are delivered with ease to our clients. Clocking in and out is a breeze for my staff. My business is running much more smoothly with ZenMaid!

Pros

ZenMaid software allows me to run my business more efficiently, precisely, and easily. I appreciate all of the customer service care and the implementation of new ideas from customer suggestions.

Cons

Some processes could be made more simplified. Would like to see mileage tracker.

Priscila from The Good Cleaner

It's a great tool

I love it and never regret.

Pros

I love the fact you have tons of support and more importantly, I'm my area, my main support comes from the representative and he, in particular, makes us feel like we know him and he is there anytime really. Sincerely, I'm not sure how he can keep up with us all.

Cons

I know we are paying for quality, yet the price could be a be less. However, I also understand that price will always be the issue for anyone. Aside from it I think that one of the slight problem is the fact that at least for me the calendar freezes here and there, yet not a problem, just annoying sometimes, but also understandable that it could be happening because of may external factors.

Diana from Krazy Kleen Maids

Needs More!!!!

Ok.

Pros

The colors in the design, the somewhat ease of use and that it has some customizing abilities to it.

Cons

Where do I start? I wish it was more robust in its features. I wish you could pick up the phone and call technical support, it is such a bother to me to have to write to someone and then wait a few hours for there reply only to sometimes to hear we don't have that feature. The software needs more templates and a way to attach documents in the software without needing a third party involved. The payroll needs to be fully developed. They need a better onboarding process when you first purchase software they should have someone who calls you and show you how to use every area and entire functionality of Zenmaids. I just recently purchased service autopilot and am now transferring my documents because I need more or shall I say the items listed above. I really don't want to leave Zenmaids but my hand is forced.

Karen from Karing Kleaners LLC

User friendly

Moved from using Google calendar to this software. I only utilized the calendar portion at first and have slowly worked my way to reminder email -- follow up emails. Great time savers and opportunities for feedback from the customer.

Pros

Very user friendly. Support staff is prompt to respond to questions. Tutorials are available.

Cons

There are a few features that I would love. I have put the suggestions in...and they are responsive in checking feasibility.

June 2016

Julie from Refresh Your Nest Cleaning Services

June 2016

Love the User Interface! So easy to use, easy to train, fast, full of automation!

We switched to Zenmaid from another online platform that was slow and prone to crashing leaving us without our customer data and schedule! We NEVER had that problem with Zenmaid. It is clean and simple and reliable with some very cool automation features that we loved.

Pros

I love the email reminders and follow ups that it automatically sends the customer based on their scheduled cleaning! We also love the calendar view that makes it so easy to see who is cleaning which house. It's also easy to change the appointment right on the same screen. No switching from one tab to another to perform a task. It's all possible from the same screen in most cases.

Cons

Can't think of anything that ever frustrated us. There may be some features that some businesses would like, but we love the program just the way it is. But we really appreciate how responsive the Zenmaid team is when we have a request for a new feature. They are always improving the product.

Response from ZenMaid

Replied June 2016

Thanks for the kind words, Julie :-)

Maria from Squeaky Green Cleaning Company

Industry: Executive Office

Amazing Customer Service and Overall Quality Product

It is great! They make you feel like part of the family by being responsive and letting you know about their constant growth.

Pros

EVERY SINGLE TIME I have a question they reply to me directly and quickly. If they do not have a good answer they let you know they will add the problem to the list of things they are working on. And guess what! A few weeks or months later they have made the change! They will also include you in the process of designing the improvement by gathering your opinion.

Cons

It can be glitchy but they acknowledge your problems when they happen so you dont get left feeling like you dont know how to use the software. It is not the cheapest option if you are just using it for scheduling but it has so many great features that others cannot compete on value.

Cameron from Virtuous Cleaning Services

Easy to use!

It has made scheduling a breeze, bookings are easier and just improved the flow of my business.

Pros

How easy it's made running my business.

Cons

The invoicing process could be improved.

Reasons for Choosing ZenMaid

Price and the fact that zenmaid is tailored for cleaning company owners.

Christopher from Local Business Hustlers

Their Support Is Absolutely Wonderful

Pros

I train assistants to help run owners cleaning companies. Many of our clients use ZenMaid in their business day to day operations and so we work very closely with the team and software every day. I cannot think of another software that has such a responsive and friendly support team. I'm not kidding - they will even help us out late on the weekend to make sure our clients get the attention they deserve. If you are looking for a software for the long term you MUST consider the team who is behind the software, and you won't find a better one than this one.

Cons

The founder's haircut.................. ;)

Response from ZenMaid

Replied August 2018

I had the choice between investing in my haircut and investing in our awesome software, clearly I went with the latter :-D - Amar

Jessica from Capital Cleaning SLC, Inc.

ZenMaid Rules!

Payroll is a breeze! Scheduling is easy peasy Communication with cleaners has been made easier

Pros

I love that I can track almost everything I need to track. It saved me thousands on payroll tracking, and hundreds of hours per month helping the techs with questions that they can now see on their phones.

Cons

I wish there was a way to customize the payroll section, we use contractors instead of employees and there isn't a way to change that in zenmaid. It would also be super sweet if we could do blast emails to fill slow days, and send out specials for specific days or lost clients without having to go to another app. Frederick.com is a really great example of this feature.

Alison from Above the Line Cleaning

My zenmaid Experience

Pros

I like that I can set up my business manager to have access to all areas of the software to run the business for me and I can pop on to do payroll and manage things as needed.

Cons

I have been made aware of many glitches while my business manager and admin assistant are using it. Things like hitting save and then it glitching out and them having to go back in and re-enter an entire appointment.

Zenmaid

Zenmaid has been great to work with. They have dramatically improved the ease of use of their software. I have been with them from the beginning and they have made continuous improvements.

Pros

I love the auto reminder email /text feature to remind our clients of an upcoming appointment and the reminders to our team about their next day schedule. Also easy to use the scheduling feature in the dispatch view.

Cons

Nothing i really don't like. I wish they had a messaging system where the clean cleaner could make notes so the office would be notified immediately of any issues at a home.

Stephanie from Easy Living Cleaning Service, LLC

Great stand alone scheduling

It has helped me stayed organized and keep track of schedules. Overall works great, but would like it to sync with quickbooks and be more compatible with commercial projects as well as contractors vs employees.

Pros

It is easy to use and gives you all the perks of a high dollar software with a professional appearance.

Cons

It doesn't sync well with quickbooks and you can't integrate multiple payment platforms with it so there is a lot of double entry. They are constantly adding new features, but then a lot of the basic features occasionally malfunction.

Heidi from Simply Clean & Green

Zenmaid as a whole

Excellent.

Pros

Cons

Payroll has been an ongoing issue and I am beyond frustrated. There is a glitch and it takes me 3x as long and many reviews to get it right each week. Y'all know (I have complained enough I think!) PLEASE fix this. It might be easier for me to go back to pen and paper at this point.

Response from ZenMaid

Replied November 2019

Thanks Heidi! Got your email about the payroll issue, will have the team look into your account specifically to see what's up :-)

Michael from ALL COUNTY CLEANING

Support and software Is the best out there

Omg I do not know where to start. From my customers now being notified 2 days before all cleanings it has cut down on no shows as well as all the integrated tools u an take advantage

Pros

You actually get to talk to the creator and share you experiences. Issues and they answer you rather quickly not to mention the ton of features that most other companies dont give

Cons

In the beginning there was issues bit that was long ago and is no longer and issue

Reasons for Choosing ZenMaid

Price. Support overall more features for your money

Shelley from The Cleaning Lady Fareham

Industry: Facilities Services

The light at the end of the tunnel

I hope to stick around for a very long time. I do however feel some parts of zenmaid could be separated so the software and apps are not overloading

Pros

The never ending support I get from the entire zenmaid community. I no longer feel so isolated and dragged down by all the "things" I need to remember as a business owner, I can put it on zenmaid and delegate, schedule, organise and calculate my workload along with my teams.

Cons

The apps apps, they are slow and cost me time and lose my teams money.

Shannon from Purely Natural Cleaning Co

Can't Imagine Not Having This Tool

Once I started my business I knew it would be a good idea to implement a CRM tool early on. I chose ZenMaid because it's industry-specific and successful businesses were happy with how it performed. The customer support team helped me get started, and it's been easy to maintain. I honestly can't imagine running this business without this tool - I'm sure it saves hours of scheduling, sending out work orders, time card keeping and sending out appointment reminders.

Pros

I love that the user interface is obvious and easy to use. It frees up so much time when it comes to scheduling and sending clients appointment reminders.

Cons

I do wish the mobile app had more functionality for my employees, but the nice thing is that the ZenMaid team is always making improvements.

Response from ZenMaid

Replied January 2019

Thanks Shannon! We're focused on improving the mobile apps for both you and your employees this year :-)

Kam from Sparkle Squad

ZenMaid will streamline A LOT!

Pros

I got ZenMaid at the same time I started my company, and I really don't know how others run their cleaning companies without a software like this. From scheduling to payroll, it streamlines a lot of our business processes. Our cleaners love being able to see their schedule, notes, etc. Payroll is easy as well, and our cleaners like the reports we send where they see their appointments for the last period. Appointment confirmations and reminders are all automated. To sum up, this software really takes a lot of the 'tedious' work out of the equation.

Cons

Some bugs here and there, but they quickly get fixed. I wish the mobile version was as robust as the desktop version, but not a deal breaker by any means.

denise from Clean4me

Save so much time in your business operation

I can't live with out this app anymore, it is part of may day to day business operation, and saves me so much time.

Pros

The emails templates are amazing, you can schedule the time for automated text with reminders to be sent every day.It is very easy to use and you can link with zapier to help automate your business.They are always implementing new features and for me this is the best part, always improve what is already amazing.

Cons

I would like to see in a future route function to help to see all jobs in a map base view. Also the invoice part of it is not very appealing to me.

Cheryl from Maid Brite

Overall great but Needs better app function

The app needs to be more developed. A lot of times in the meat industry, houses change and details change during the day so if we are not in front of our computer and on the road, we are not able to change these details on the app which is a great disadvantage. I would like to see this be a problem that is solved because it would make it much easier for us as owners to run the business remotely if were not at the office.

Pros

We like the detailed accounts management and scheduling portion of the software.