• Pros

• "The GUI of the software is excellent Functionality is very good Very reliable and easy to use Range of applications available that can be installed very easily (plex etc) "

• "This is a very handy and inexpensive surveillance system for individuals or small businesses. We currently have 5 cameras connected and plan on adding several more. "

• "It has seamlessly integrated into my daily use for my computer. All files are stored on the Synology and easily accessible over the internet portal"

• Cons

• "The support documentation for the product is good but could be better. Many of the add-ons apps don't have any documentation on how to use the app."

• "There really aren't any actual cons to this software. At first it seems a bit pedestrian for a lack of a better term, but it's truly powerful enough for small businesses."

• "It's not a cheap solution compared to external disks or supports, but I'm sure it'll pay in the long time. High quality components are pricey and you have to pay for them. "

Browse DiskStation Manager Reviews

Jeremy from Chewie Media Inc

Synology Diskstation has been an incredibly valuable resource for business and home solutions.

Pros

The amount of first-party apps which are aimed at solving a lot of tasks users may have is what makes this software suite great. Other NAS providers may aim at a handful of media and downloading softwares, but Synology makes it clear out of the gate that their focus is on productivity. They produce apps which handle everything from CRM and CMS installations to security camera integration, to virtualization. The sheer value proposition of Diskstation makes it difficult to view this as a valuable product. Their customer service is also spot-on - we had to run an RMA through their center and both Email and Phone support were prompt and helpful.

Cons

The only issue I have found is either the learning curve of the software is a bit too high for some use cases, or the software doesn't dive deep enough into it outright replacing everything we are using. While I see incredible value for others with the mail server, for instance, it cannot perform everything we need and so it isn't being used. This is only a minor issue though, as I am confident there is something for everybody on in this product.

Dustin from Longview Computer Center

An Appliance for Anything

We are able to provide mass storage for a fraction of the cost of putting in Windows File Servers for businesses whose needs are either too small or too spread out to justify the licensing costs associated with Microsoft Environments.

Pros

It's so easy to set up and maintain. Once it's set up, you never really have to touch it either. Software is very stable and I sometimes go check on it wondering if my notification settings failed but there it is ready to do anything I need it to. The sheer number of roles I can install on a Diskstation are staggering and it is all comparable to software costing hundreds of dollars more than what you can get a full Diskstation and Drives for.

Cons

I logged into my most recently installed DiskStation to see if I could find something that I didn't like and it's hard. Like I had to start getting really critical. The best I can come up with on cons is that some of the online documentation of features is a little vague. For example, I was trying to find out which was the smallest Diskstation I could install the new Virtual Machine Manager on and I had to just go on faith when it said I could install it.(System resources will be your bottleneck, not the actual DiskStation OS not letting you on smaller models so keep that in mind)

Brian from Music House

Solid & functional

My business has been using DiskStation for the last four years. Aside from the occasional hiccup, it has worked admirably. We use it for basic music playback in our music school. We have one at each of our locations, synced so that changes made to one location are reflected at the other. The response is slow at times, particularly when using a remote connection.

I absolutely love this NAS

Wonderful. I love this device. I highly recommend it and have already suggested one to multiple friends and family members.

Pros

This NAS might be the best purchase I have ever made. I love this Synology's software and hardware. I cannot live without this NAS.

Cons

It would be nice if Synology offered some higher end hardware. The NAS does everything I need, but it would be nice if you could purchase higher end versions with modern Intel i5/i7 or or AMD Ryzen chips and more ram.

Stacey from Northern Arizona University

Easy to use, full featureset.

I have installed multiple Synology NAS systems for different labs on campus. Built-in multiple 10Gb networking provides fast access. AD integration provides simple authentication path for changing class rosters allowing simple turnover from semester to semester.

Pros

Provides a intuitive interface to what could be complex configurations. Linux based with a web management interface that allows granular control of configuration. Great support for Active Directory authentication. Security updates are prompt and backwards compatible. The current system software run on the most recent Synology hardware as well as the older hardware. The only thing missing from older hardware are Intel CPU dependent features suck as virtualization. All add-on software modules that you need are freely available for installation via the Package manager.

Cons

Older or lower end hardware uses a slower ARM CPU. This limits performance compared with Intel CPU based hardware.

Nenad from soneco

There is no one better than Synology in SOHO NAS

It is really joyfull to work with Diskstation,everything is so easy to setup, also learning curve is really low, so you can train pretty much anyone to work with it. Highly recommended.

Pros

The software is pretty straightforward, with numerous options. There is litterally no one better in NAS business that Synology

Cons

Hardware that runs on Diskstation can sometimes be really underpowered, so our clients cannot see all options in all its glory

Dirk from DvMCS

Industry: Industrial Automation

Synology is the absolute best server voor small business and home

SYnology gave me a superb platform to have my data centrally, but locally, without having a power consuming server system in my office.

Pros

Synology offers with their very very complete base functionality a complete server replacement for home and small business.

Cons

For big scale companies this isn't the right choice. But the main reason it isnt is the lack of acceptance by IT :)

Brian from SD Funding

Great NAS app

Love it

Pros

I love that I can access my NAS remotely and use it for storage and backup. I can even download files directly to my NAS so I’m not using my laptop’s resources. I mostly use it as a media center.

Cons

It would be nice if all the various features were combined into one app but I’m sure it would get too big.

Jarrod from Clear EMG

Useful software from the NAS manufacturer

Pros

Diskstation is both software and hardware for enterprise or personal sever use. The hardware comes in different configurations like 2, 4 or 6 drive bays with different ram and CPU options as well. The software allows you to configure your NAS to the exact needs for your solution. It’s extremely useful when the hardware throws an error (like we have experienced due to bad drives and not anything due to the diskstation hardware). The software tells you the error immediately on login and what time it happened. There’s a reason synology is the industry leader in storage, the diskstation platform is smart, easy to setup even for those who are new to networks and network storage, and it’s smart.

Cons

The interface can be cluttered sometimes and a little hard to find a specific setting.

Alex from Delaware Micro-Computer

Best NAS on the market.

Use them at home and work. Just be sure to pick one robust enough to meet your needs. Don’t be tempted to skimp.

Pros

Full of features and a model for every use case. It’s like the Swiss Army knife of network storage.

Cons

Sometimes the multiple software packages conflict or don’t play nice together.

NAS + Internet services up with little or no effort

Business and home users that want to go easy into the world of IT, NAS, backups and internal services will enjoy the simplicity and versatile options od DiskStation.

Pros

DiskStation systems are a mix of software and hardware. The hardware can come in different set-ups eg. space for 2 or 4 hard disks, different CPUs and memory, different form format… The software is what will make you a happy “expert” in managing NAS. DiskStation makes easy to set the system up. It will ask you how do you want to configure the disks (like, sum the capacity of the disks, use ones as backup copies of the others, or a mix of both). The software will do all the work of setting the underlying OS for you. There are tools to create users, groups, share folders and control services. But DiskStation does not end here! It has lots of softwares and services you can install for free (or a little price sometimes). If you are using it in an office environment, you will find some jewels: VPN service, backup to another NAS or external service, LDAP, Mail server, Dropbox.com-like service for your users, backup-time machine service, a suite of office and collaboration online tools (like Google Suite) and other Open Source apps (CRM, ERP). For domestic and home office, check the Video (home theater, Kodi-like) app, music server, photo gallery, P2P background download, auto-copy an USB pen drive when connected, and many more. Every service has a ton of nice features (eg. forget Dropbox, upload a file to the NAS and share it via an expirable URL). Many DiskStation services have a counterpart in app version. For example. DS Photo uploads the photos in your mobile device to the

Cons

Some times you are short on information when things “happen”. Eg, there appears a symbol of “indexing” but you don’t know why it’s indexing now and how much it takes.

Greg from University Tees

Synology has transformed our File Server + VPN situation

As a Sysadmin I can say that Synology has solved many critical issues not just at my current job but others as well, simplified our environment, reduced support tickets, and created an environment where things just work. As long as your network is configured right and you have the synology setup well, you will not run into many issues especially in a mixed windows/mac environment.

Pros

We first introduced Synology diskstation into our environment about 3 1/2 years ago to solve a specific problem. We were running our file server on a windows server in an environment where we have windows and mac devices. Mac devices were struggling to connect, have poor performance when using SMB, and other less pressing issues. We needed to do something. It didn't take a lot of research to find Synology and be convinced to give it a try. Not only did it solve our file server issue, but it solved our vpn issue too. We were using a certain vendor for vpn which posed many problems and once we setup the vpn server on the diskstation and migrated the users to it, All vpn issues went away. We have had minimal issues since day 1.

Cons

The support. When you reach out via their site for chat support, it is very level 1 type support and there's not a lot they can assist with. Maybe this is typical, but it's not always convenient. You can file tickets from the interface which puts your ticket in a queue of higher tiered support which communicates via email. While the support has been able to resolve 99% of our issues, you do have to wait via email. Just not my favorite support but this would never stop or prevent me from continuing to use Synology.

Peter from DP Financial & Tax Inc

Your data is safe with Synology!

File sharing and data backup beast - it's really great for lots of other things but for our business those are the two things we have used it for and it is an awesome addition to our company's IT infrastructure.

Pros

The pros of the Synology software are that you don't need to be an IT professional to use it. It is basic enough for the average person to figure out yet robust enough to really dig in deep and get some really great features and apps working for you. It's super easy to set up a new DiskStation using the Synology software. This is coming from someone who has set up and administrated 4 for my company over the last 5 or so years. Before that I has set up and administrated Linux servers for my company's file sharing needs. With all of the learning and time I had to put into figuring out how to do what needed to be done in Linux I could have just spent few more dollars to buy a DiskStation and let it do most of the work for me. The Synology software is setup a lot like a computer desktop, with apps and a taskbar and the option to show your system health (similar to to Task Manager on a computer). There are lots of helpful utilities built in with lots of add-in app options for anything from music sharing to web hosting to file sharing. There is good built in security as well but the less the outside world is able to reach your server the better. I now use it completely offline as a backup for a Windows server as our needs changed after using it for a simple file server for years. It is still a vital part of our business and the versatility is a HUGE strong point with these machines and this very powerful software.

Cons

The biggest cons would be that it is hard to learn how to do certain things and the support is minimal unless you pay for a support package. Fortunately there is a large community of users that you can query for answers to your problems. My biggest headache was setting up remote backups with Synology DiskStation to DiskStations. This is slightly more of an advanced function but one that I think many people use this for but the documentation on how to accomplish this is very simplistic and not detailed enough. If you follow the directions given (even in the forums) you get basic instructions that don't accomplish what you need to. Not sure why they didn't think to give better instructions on how to do something so needful.

Diskstation is perfect for personal and small business use. A great admin interface with good tools.

Pros

The web Admin console handles just like a smooth operating system. It's easy to update applications and the Diskstation itself. It's amazing how far Synology has polished the interface experience, even compared to enterprise-grade interfaces. Cross-platform protocols supported: SMB and NFS are supported, which is great for my shop, as we have Linux, Windows and Apple devices that require a variety of protocols to access files via the Synology device. Raspberry PIs and many smart devices can communicate with your Diskstation without issue. Easy to get started: High adoption of these devices means lots of help can be found online. Synology provides how-to articles and knowledge base. Monitoring widgets: Easy and informative widgets to monitor capacity of drives, health, and resources available. These can be configured on a dashboard to check at a glace in the Admin interface. Integrates with Plex media center app. I can use my Diskstation NAS to host my local media and stream to all of my media devices on the network.

Cons

Package Center adoption not comprehensive: It would be nice to see a larger variety of offerings for apps. As it stands, if you have a Diskstation that does not have the ability to run virtual machines, you you will be limited in what applications are available.

Bill from ComputAssist

Network storage and a wide range of apps

Using a DiskStation is generally a smooth experience, can do many chores with one unit. Updates are frequent and usually without incident. Enables getting more done by automating many day-to-day functions.

Pros

The core functionality of storage and backup is made easy to configure with DiskStation. I use my Synology NAS for PC and server backups, folder synchronization, file sharing, knowledgebase, media, surveillance camera video recording, and off-site backup. They have apps to sync NAS-to-NAS, PC-to-NAS, as well as NAS-to-cloud with numerous cloud storage providers - Amazon S3, Azure, Backblaze, Box, Dropbox, Google, OneDrive and others. About half of the models support hardware-based encryption.

Cons

Communication with support seems to be mostly one-way, it's not clear if or when bugs will be fixed. Hard to know which of the many backup/sync apps is the right one for your use case, naming of apps doesn't help.

Rob from Best Value Vacs

Synology Diskstation and NAS Storage are a must have for a small business.

The benefits we get from this software is small startup cost and maintenance for our small business because we don't have to pay an IT company and a huge initial fee to set up a server for us because Synology makes it so easy to setup a NAS server.

Pros

The ease of use of this software is by far the greatest part of it. It is very user-friendly and almost anyone with the smallest amount of technical skills can set up a Server/NAS with Synology's diskstation. It allows our company to store all of our product photos and files on the drive while being able to give access to people through the cloud service, so they can work on the road or at home if needed.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software. Synology really knows how to cover all of its bases and make NAS as easy as turning on your TV.

Daniel from EMPACTED

The Best Way to Manage and Backup Your Data

Pros

DiskStation is so user-friendly. The menus are easy to navigate and you can find what you're looking for very quickly. Setup is a breeze and the add-ons give you more functionality without any added cost. I love the virtual desktop environment that Synology has created for DiskStation. It feels like I'm using another OS but I think that's a good thing. The environment is different enough so I don't confuse it with my main OS but familiar enough so I can do what I need to quickly. Synology has made backing up critical data effortless and made accessing that data very convenient.

Cons

The software is great but the online support material is lacking in a big way. I wish there were more videos produced by Synology to help users understand the advanced features of the software. It also feels like I'm downloading updates all the time.

Carlos from Mecha Cooperativa

Good for starting better for growing

Been a small team of creative people with no technical experience in server installation and management, Synology did offer us the perfect solution for growing our business.

Pros

- Very powerfull an easy to configure for a novice user (0 prior experience in server instalation). - Very stable and reliable. We start with a small size server, and after 3 years we move to a bigger solution. We decide to remaing with Synology primearly because of the features and ease of use of it operating system.

Cons

- There are some bugs that have to be solved by commandline, which it´s something kind of nerve-raking. - The Drive integration still need improving. - The online tutorials and guides could be better.

Erik from 24Advice

The best and NAS with the most features available

Use it to store documents and make the documents available everywhere in a safe way. Also use it to run extra (3rd party) apps. Hyper backup makes a backup to an other NAS which is 100km away to make sure we have a safe backup.

Pros

Easy to use NAS manager software 3rd party software packages available Easy to implement Lots and lots of features available Stable , never crashed in more then 12 years Good customer support Frequent software updates available also for older models.

Cons

I have a hard time thinking for the cons because to be honest I really do not know. Ok maybe the price can be a con.

Synology DiskStation - A Small Office Server covering file, email and networking needs

I have been using disk station for more than 10 years. Thanks to its RAID configuration, two disk failures in that time went without any data loss. I have used it in a few different ways (including hosting a website and running own cloud file station!).

Pros

What I appreciate the most about the Synology DiskStation is the versatility. It is not a simple NAS drive. Through the comprehensive, yet easy to use extension system, the disk station can be expanded with Email server, Git server, VPN server, Media server among other functionalities.

Cons

The firmware upgrades could be simpler. Sometimes it is not as straightforward as I would have liked.

Very robust and user friendly

Pros

Many features available in an invisible appliance. I use 2 disk stations, one at our dental office and one at home. I have them linked to back up to each other, so offsite backups are painless. Essentially I control my own cloud. Accessing data via mobile is very easy using my iPad so I can get a needed file quickely. The hardware has been rock solid over the years, and the software updates come regularly, eliminating threats and adding features, while not being buggy. Truly a great product that keeps getting better. They continue to support the units I have with software updates even though they are several years old. So far no feeling of obsolescence.

Cons

A few things that require set up can sometimes be a bit confusing. Unless you are willing to read a bit online and think it through, it's a bit of work to get the most out of this highly capable system. If you happen to be experienced in setting up NAS systems, then I'm sure it's not that hard. For me, however, even though I'm an electrical and computer engineer, I still have to relearn some things each time I interact with the software. This is probably a complement since it means that it runs well enough that you end up not interacting very often to make adjustments.

Finally a good web application

I used NAS for a long time from other brand and I was happy with. However, after purchasing Synology, I was surprised to find that software for NAS management can be programmed intuitively and efficiently. Thank you for it!

Pros

I used the D-Link web application, but Synology is much better. It is easier to orient in it, it's overall faster and more intuitive. App receives regular updates. As usual, I appreciate the super mobile application (tested on iOS). In case of interest, you can choose from a list of add-ins and plugins for extensions.

Cons

I had a problem playing content on Samsung Smart TV, but after a proper study I managed to. It would be nice to have a faster initial setup.

Kevin from Valerus

Industry: Oil & Energy

It works and its dirt cheap. Solid NAS. Support could drastically improve.

The cost of storage and the functions, this is a great investment with no learning curve.

Pros

Pretty much everything but support. Assuming you bought the bare model, you populate the drives. Then use the utility that finds it by MAC and you assign an IP. Connect, and you'll find a rather pretty GUI that resembles windows 7. Updates and simple, and frequently released. 3rd party and native apps are abound. Its also dead simple to set up replication, if you wanted to setup a second unit for DR or backups. I also personally use one at home, using it as a plex host for my home theater, and it performs flawlessly.

Cons

Support isn't great, and it's overseas. Expect to conduct it all via email, and responses are not quick, Still, its so solid you may never need to contact them. Compared to the costs of a SAN, and other NAS, this should be a no brainer.

Kenneth from Saxe & Associates, Inc.

Synology versus QNAP

Pros

We use both Synology and QNAP NAS devices. Both have similar capabilities and features. Synology updates their firmware and software regularly. These updates contain new features and lots of bug fixes.

Cons

Synology's Customer Service is the one area where Synology falls short in comparison to other NAS providers. Although their forums are helpful because they contain good information from other end users, Synology's own Customer Service is often delayed and unhelpful.

Reed from ZPower Global Inc

Reliable Drive Array, but it's the software that makes the difference

40 TB of space for my company team, to share data and collaborate. This works quite well for our business.

Pros

DiskStation and its added packages make the Synology the best NAS available for small to medium businesses, including SOHO. A perfect suite of software packages, most available for free, to use on your PC or mobile device.

Cons

I really want a BookStation or DS Books app to keep track of my massive library of digital book titles.

Pedro from Recruitment

Amazing Implementation

Pros

I've been a user for over 4 years and have multiple NAS, and I have to say that I don't need to look to anywhere else to get my next NAS. The implementation is top notch, with software like Cloud Station Drive replacing services like dropbox, and streaming 4k directly to my TV. Amazing.

Cons

The app store offer are still quite low in numbers, even though there's plenty of essential apps already.

Awesome!

I am currently running DSM 6.1.7 and it is very stable. Plugins like Plex Media Server make Synology NAS's worth it.

Pros

I use my Synology for everything. File storage, photos, backups and media streaming. Remote access and sync is great and plugins are awesome. The ability to install plugins as well as Docker with containers is great.

Cons

Can't think of anything I don't like about it.

Warren from Escape Reality

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Really powerful, rock-steady, and the leader in NAS

Pros

Rock-steady reliability. Have used DiskStation for years and it has never failed me. For prosumers and small/medium businesses nothing else comes close - you'd need enterprise-level budgets to be able to get anything more reliable / powerful.

Cons

Learning curve might be a bit high for someone with zero experience. It's worth the time investment learning though!

Makes synching local data with cloud storage really easy

Business back-up locally, and to the cloud.

Pros

The suite is so fully featured. At one stage we were dropping data onto it, and it was synching with Dropbox in the background. Another time we used it to have 2 boxes on 2 continents synched together. Really convenient.

Cons

Bit of a learning curve and expensive for equipment to run it on.

Alex from DentalCMO

We use our Synology NAS as a backup as well as a file server

Being able to backup pretty much any data (including using Mac's Time Machine feature) has been great. We also use the sharing for our file server and that has been very convenient.

Pros

We've loved our new NAS device. The interface is a lot more cleaner than I expected and having the peace of mind knowing that everything is backed up with the option to expand at a moments notice is great. The feature list is rich and once setup as needed, it has been without issue.

Cons

I feel the firewall rules are a little difficult to understand at first. Making it more intuitive would be very helpful. Luckily, the documentation helps clear up any issues.

Dirk from Cellro B.V.

Industry: Industrial Automation

Synology as absolute NAS chief!

Pros

This software is so unbelievable versatile, it fits for any private and small business need!

Cons

This software is not really easy movable from old to new hardware if the hardware isn't quite the same. It would be nice that migration to new hardware will be more supported.

Travis from Self Employed

Synology Disk Station

Pros

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this software

Lewis from Sage Gateshead

Industry: Music

Quality product but with a hefty price tag

The ease of use and included functionality of the synology diskstations make these an ideal choice for someone looking for a simple, reliable solution for an easy set and forget home nas

Pros

Cons

The cost of synology systems are very expensive, for a technical user it's hard to justify the high price tag when something similar can be achieved by creating your own home server

Randall from TMC Technologies of WV

Industry: Defense & Space

Great for hosting your own network storage

I love using my Diskstation at home, and I could imagine this being extremely useful for small businesses as well.

Pros

I use Synology for hosting files at home. It is relatively easy to set up and get going, even for someone completely new at using it. The software comes with numerous utilities for managing files, processes, resources, and user permissions. There are also many more apps out there that you can install. Hosting my videos and pictures has never been easier, and with my redundant harddrives, my data is safe in case a drive is lost. The interface is very clean, and the functions are easy to use and simple to understand.

Cons

This is not a problem with the software itself but a limitation with the hardware. I have a bare model with a weak cpu, and so every now and then I experience latency issues, or slow ramp up times.

Christopher from Chaz Digital

I had no idea that owning a Synology would be one of the best decisions I'd ever made.

Pros

There are hundreds of apps that you can install to extend the functionality of your Synology. I put docker on it and am using it as a testbed for my web development projects.

Good in-expansive NAS

Use multiple NASes for work.

Pros

Easy to use. Reliable. Reasonably secure. Not too buggy. Good feature set.

Cons

Price could be lower while keeping the same quality.

Rick from NA

Industry: Music

Great product and server

Synology makes a Great server and support software. They update their apps (and server software) every few weeks.

Pros

I like the cloud storage aspect

Cons

It could cost less

Where all my family backups are saved

Pros

We've set up a Synology Nas at home to save our backups and photos and I'm super happy with it! DiskStation is a great tool that allows you to store all your valuable data safely at home. Its software is clean and easy to use and I couldn't be happier for it!

A very good OS makes a very good NAS

Pros

I was skeptical when deciding about a new NAS. Synology was for sure an expensive solution, but all reviews I've read came to the conclusion that it works due to having the best OS out there. So I got it and I have to say that I'm really impressed with the OS, it's set of features are also endless. It has all kinds of NAS-related features, but also a lot of features you can use in a small business, it pretty much can replace a small server.

Cons

Nothing so far, no issues, no problems. Only thing that comes to mind is that it's expensive compared to other similar devices in terms of hardware.

Surveillance Station

I couldn't be happier with the functionality and reliability of Diskstation

Cons

Great virtual machine on my Nas!

Pros

Synology Virtual Machine Manager is an easy-to-use virtual machine. It runs well every kind of OS (make sure you allocate enough memory for it). It is also have a great feature that allows you to move virtual machine without stopping them

Cons

Requires a memory upgrade to be used on home Nas. Apart from that the software is really well done and doesn't come with flawed functionalities.

MUHAMMAD from Basecamp Data Solutions

SANology

Pros

Synology is amazing SAN Server. Its OS is very user-friendly. You can create and manage multiple raids of a same or different type in one enterprise level Disk Station. You can add a hot spare drive that kicks in itself in case of any drive failure You can manage users and groups and grant them required rights like FTP read only etc.

Cons

Sometimg update requires reboot that sucks

Love my Synology

Great!

Pros

Backing up multiple Macs, backing itself up to another Synology drive or S3 and USB is seamless. Very easy to use and set up.

Cons

Sometimes the less utilized software could be explained better

One of the best NAS products around

Having centralized backup for all business computers, as well as easy-to-manage sharing and access permissions has been a great feature of the Synology gear.

Pros

The interface is easy to use but also incredibly powerful. There are so many add-on packages that make this device even more powerful.

Cons

The only possible downside I see is paid support for exFAT instead of built-in support. Running the latest version of DiskStation also requires buying Synology hardware, which isn't the cheapest hardware around.

Daniel from Oficina Nacional de Contabilidad Publica "ONCOP"

It is a great tool, it has helped me a lot and has given me very good results

Easy To use and many options for your Servers be functional

Pros

I liked most, is the ease with which you can add new hardware, network interfaces and other add-ons that are needed when virtualizing and optimizing a server The multiplatform option and the great variety of drivers that this software handles, easy to use and provides a great facility when managing virtualization, which provides a great solution for those who do not have much experience when using this type of softwares

Cons

I have some problems with the Libraries, sometimes I have to start the software through the Terminal.

Brian from M. J. Electric, LLC

Great small business class storage along with excellent home storage features.

Great product for small business or low end storage needs.

Pros

Great price, easy to setup, awesome performance and many features.

Cons

The only thing that I can say would be I wish they would focus on a higher end business line.

Logan from financial services

Best NAS drive interface I have ever seen

Pros

Easy to use Pleasents and powerful interface Accessible over the internet Downloadable add-ons and extensions to improve functionality

Cons

Occassional lag over the internet (con of any remote interface)

Perfect for sharing documents from anywhere

Pros

The info on it can be accessed from anywhere in the US. So awesome!

Cons

Depending on the model need more memory. The one I hve ha 512gb I wish it had 1tb

Tim from McGee Corporation

Another great add-on for the Synology.

Pros

We use our Synology devices for a variety of tasks. Now being able to install and manage VMs is a great addition to the feature set. Management and snapshots are easy with this add-on.

Cons

Depending on what Synology model you have, VM performance can be a bit underwhelming. I am also not a fan of some of the patching Synology does to the underlying Linux OS. Standard apps no longer behave in expected ways and some functionality has been removed. Also, don't expect to hear from support.

Katie from DentalCMO

Good Chatting Software

We use many of the Synology features, chat, vault, etc. We love how it makes everything cross over easily form program to program!

Pros

This software is pretty user friendly and make it super easy to chat with coworkers about small things for work.

Cons

Some notifications are totally missed because it only appears for a second and then disappears, but the red dot that says you still have a message is helpful!