What are iCloud users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using iCloud software through verified user reviews

• icon"I can save all my files, images, and videos on iCloud and get peace of mind that they are secure. Plus, I can easily share them with others."
  • icon"Apple customer support is just the best, they really try to help you with whatever they can and they have helped me restore my password to my account that had all my data."
  • icon"Easy way to backup and restore your iPhone. Do it quickly without iTunes and connect the iPhone to the computer."
  • icon"It’s very limited in storage unless you upgrade & pay the fees. Can be confusing if you use different accounts."
  • icon"Without paying iCloud users are limited to 5gb storage. But if someone need more space must pay for it but isn't expensive."
  • icon"The fact that if you don't use it you have a notification in your system preferences all the time and it's annoying."

Browse all iCloud Reviews

• Have you used iCloud and would like to share your experience with others?

Bobby

Sync and forget it!

Ryan

Amazingly integrated cloud storage

Pros

It is able to sync across all apple devices seamlessly. It is also very simple to use and most times it automatically syncs once connected to wifi. It can also be shared with up to 5 people so it brings the cost down.

Cons

Some files may be removed from local storage and thus reverted to cloud storage without notice, you will then not be able to access the file offline unless downloaded again.

Aaliyah

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

August 2022

I love it. I will never switch and it will always be my primary and my go to

Pros

I love iCloud and being able to live stress-free. I feel as though all of my information is safe and secure.

Cons

As anything you aren't familiar with there may be somethings that are confusing at the beginning. But when you are new to using iCloud they do offer tutorials how to use. Also, if they had an app that uses iCloud that is some sort of typing document like word, or google docs.

Reasons for choosing iCloud

I've always been an apple person. When the progress their new updates and software it keeps on getting better and better. I will always continue to be a member.

Antwoine

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

The iCloud abyss

I use iCloud to store music I create and definitely appreciate the fact that years and years of work is still visible today as was when created. iCloud is unmatched in its ability to remember and retrieve information.

Pros

I love using iCloud because it was pre installed on my phone. It is a very secure and safe option for tech savvy users.

Cons

The downside to iCloud as with most Apple products is the interoperability. You need an iWatch, MacBook and iPad to see the fully capability of the cloud.

Needed more technical challenges

TeHilla

Preservation of Memories and Important Documents

ICloud is a savior! As a teenager, my laptops would sometimes crash or my phones would stop working and I would lose all of my memories and important documents. There’s still a time period in my life that I don’t have pictures of myself and my friends because I lost them. Since switching to Apple products and trying iCloud my memories have been preserved and it’s such a relief to be able to trust that if my device stops working today, my items are safely backed up to the cloud. I love iCloud!

Pros

Easy to use Synchronization across devices Backs up at regular intervals

Cons

requires payment packages after free storage runs out

Reasons for switching to iCloud

The app wasn’t user friendly and I gave up trying to learn how to use it

Juan Pablo

Industry: Architecture & Planning

August 2022

safe and easy to use app

It helps me better manage the storage of my devices so I can use them in the most efficient way possible.

Pros

I like the versatility of the app and how easy it is to share large files

Cons

I have no cons I have only had good experiences with the app

Reasons for choosing iCloud

I am a mac user and I relate better to the native mac app

Rohit

iCloud review

Pros

The ease of syncing your documents if you have an iPhone or IMac.

Cons

Costlier than other cloud storages. Not easy for non iPhone users to use the platform.

Reasons for switching to iCloud

Owning a new iPhone and switch from android device

Destin

Industry: Computer Networking

An apple must have

Pretty well my overall experience has been good iCloud has done me well and I will continue to use it

Pros

I do like the convenience of iCloud when you first get an Apple storage is sometimes A precaution especially if you’re switching from android because you don’t have the concept of not being able to put in an SD card, so relying solely on internal storage can be scary at first with the iCloud allows you the convenience of being able to save things without needing more storage

Cons

To be honest I feel like it’s more and more that I need more storage and I really don’t feel like I saved that much

Reasons for switching to iCloud

I switched from an android to Apple about three years ago and honestly it was a great decision I switched because I wanted to try something new

Shota

Industry: Computer Games

Apple製品を使用している方々には抜群のソフトウェア

私はアップルの製品を日常的に使用しているため、大変快適にicloudを使用しています。とっさに思い付いたメモのバックアップや写真やビデオのバックアップにと簡単にセットアップができて、直感的に使用ができる点が大変気に入っているポイントです。

Pros

アップル製品を日常的に使用しているユーザーにはとてもおすすめなクラウドサービスだと思います。iPhoneからMacからiPadから全て同じアップルidでシームレスに情報を共有し保存してくれる点が本当に助かっています。新しくiPhoneやmacを購入してもこのiCloudを使用すれば基本的に保存していた情報に迅速にアクセスできる点がとても便利です。ウェブ上でicloud.comにアクセスして確認したい事項を見ると、アップルらしいとてもユーザーフレンドリーなアイコンがシンプルに表示されていて、どこに何があるか瞬時にわかります。マックユーザーにとっては、これだけ便利にシームレスに使用できるとなると継続して使用してしまいます。

Cons

アップルユーザーにとっては極めて使用しやすいソフトウェアですが、その逆にandroid & windowsユーザーにとっては、このアップルが強みとしているシームレスに連動する点が少し不満に感じます。例えば日常的にアンドロイドのスマートフォンを使用していると、apple idはほとんど使用しないですし、連動性がなく少し不便に感じてしまう点が唯一の良くない点だと思います。日常で使用しているパソコンやスマートフォンがアップルの製品ではないとあえてこのソフトウェアを使用する必要性を感じなくなってしまうと思います。そのため、今後はより簡単に使用できるようにアップルidなどを作らずに、好きなログインIDやパスワードを使用すればより裾野が広がり使用しやすくなると思います。

Sumegha

Delicious Apple with cloudy cloud

Scary

Pros

It came as part of my Apple devices. I didn't chose it, it's mandatory on Apple devices. I have been using iphones and ipad now for over a decade. It automatically saved everything in icloud. I often updated IOS software and often managed storage on it for smooth working on iphone and ipad. So as such it's impressive, inbuilt on Apple devices.

Cons

I found it scary as could never be clear how to use it. Is it a drive or what? Where the data gets stored. I heard many stories around of people losing their data as they may pressed a wrong button. I too always remained worried about what to keep and what to delete and how it affects overall performance of the device. I don't know what it is, a feature, a software or a drive.

June 2022

I only use it because it's native to the Macbook and iPhone, otherwise I wouldn't

Pros

It comes almost working out of the box with all Apple products

Cons

It isn't as pleasing to use as Google Drive, bad UX/UI

Easiness

Skyler

Industry: Writing and Editing

June 2022

iCloud is great for storing photos and videos in the Cloud

My experience with iCloud overall is great while using it to backup all of my photos and videos between my iPhone and MacBook. However, for files and documents, I much prefer to use Google Drive, as it gives much more flexibility.

Pros

I like that iCloud just works seamlessly with Apple products, especially for storing and syncing photos and videos to the cloud automatically with the Photos app. It is also an excellent option for backing up devices such as an iPhone or an iPad. It is easy to use and only takes a minute to set up.

Cons

There is only 5GB of free storage which is significantly less than Google Drive. Also, there is a huge gap between the different paid storage options of 50 GB, 200 GB, or 2 TB with no option in between. iCloud Drive is also not as good for file management as Google Drive. It only lets you sync a copy of your documents to iCloud, rather than being able to move your files completely to the cloud for online storage to save space on your device.

April 2022

Easy and Intuitive

I wanted to move more of my workflow away from Google. I have been very happy with iCloud. I appreciate the clean interface and the more useful search results when looking for documents. The online portal also provides rudimentary versions of Apple's basic office software, access to email, calendaring etc. all in one place.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate, locate and organize files. The layout is very clean and flexible, both through the web view and the native app.

Cons

iCloud naturally wants to group files by their Mac application type rather than prompting to save in a user created folder. Due to the excellent search features, this is not a problem and I am coming to appreciate the logic of this system.

Reasons for switching to iCloud

I am more reassured by Apple's business plan that my privacy and security as a user will be protected. I am suspect of Google's motivations with my data.

Javier

April 2022

iCloud Customer Review

I'm a heavy user with 2 mac computers, 3 ipads, 2 iphones and a watch. I use several apps and documents stored in a paid 2TB cloud storage, mostly because of the integration with the platform and the option to attach files in almost every available app. I also like the "smart storage" the system has, where heavy files are not downloaded to the device to avoid disc space usage.

Pros

I'm mostly an Apple user , so I decided to move all my data storage to iCloud due to the integration with the platform and devices

Cons

Sometimes the sync fails and the only solution is to logout and login back to restart the process, but it also affects otter features like predetermined device sync preferences, and have to set them up all over again

Reasons for choosing iCloud

The Google Drive iOS apps are not the most user friendly, and don't give you enough compatibility to attach files from the device file manager. iCloud is 100% compatible with other apps

Reasons for switching to iCloud

The integration with the Apple platform for heavy Apple users like me

December 2021

Great Online Storage - especially when you are in the Apple ecosystem

Using various Apple devices (iPhone, iPad and a Macbook) it mostly just works in the background and you hardly ever notice its there at all. Like with all cloud storage services gone are the days of loosing a bunch of files because of a hard drive failure, gone are the days of 'oh that's on my computer at home, I cannot access it right now'.

Pros

Within the Apple Ecosystem iCloud works behind the scenes, mostly unnoticed. Purchasing it with an AppleONE subscription is a great deal.

Cons

If you work with non-Apple devices it works, but is nowhere close to as seamless as it is within Apple's walled garden. There is still a lot of software that does not sufficiently support iCloud (or vice versa) and file sharing is not its strength (it is possible, but not comparable in ease of use to dropbox)

Reasons for choosing iCloud

I chose iCloud because of its tight integration with Apple hardware, but also because the price for 2TB is competitive. When AppleOne came to market, it became an even better deal.

Reasons for switching to iCloud

I originally made the switch to iCloud mainly because I wanted to ensure that my photos are properly backed up, but since have moved all my cloud filing storage needs to this service as it just works.

Bruna

Why you should use iCloud to store your files

My overall experience is excellent! I can manage my files anywhere, store them and delete not necessary ones, and it helps me during work routine because I don't have to keep deleting everything to free up space.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is that it has a low cost for a big space storage, and I can upload my files and organize them neatly, without further issues. The sync feature is also great, which allows me to free up space on my iphone or macbook, or any other mac device, and even access my files without internet connection.

Cons

Personally I didn't find any cons, so far, but I would advise new users to organize well their files, or they may get very lost! And please do research what is the best storage for your budget, Apple had offered me a good deal with this one!

Reasons for choosing iCloud

I chose iCloud because it was more user friendly, as I was already an Apple heavy user, and having the possibility of having my files easily accessed on my iPhone or macbook made a big difference!

Reasons for switching to iCloud

I used to use Dropbox a LOT when I was in college, however the years passed and as a graphic designer, I was always creating new files, jobs, tasks, either from work or another studies, and it quickly took all my storage and I had to pay a massive amount of money, however I picked iCloud for the best price and sync management.

Great for General Cloud Storage, but as much for iOS Syncing

My overall experience with iCloud has been great, as I have been able to store numerous amounts and types of files using the service, and have then been able to easily and efficiently get a hold of them whenever necessary by using the search/filter option. I also find that sharing files with others directly through the cloud is an efficient process, which is also very convenient when compared to the alternative, which would require the downloading of files and then separate emailing/texting of them. Overall, great service and would definitely recommend.

Pros

What I like best about iCloud is its fantastic ability to store a wide range of files in the cloud, regardless of their format, whether it be a simple text document or a video made by using a complicated external software. I also very much like that the service is free to use if an immense amount of cloud storage is not needed, and that the service is accessible to people who do not even use the iOS software on their primary mobile device and/or tablet. Lastly, I like that iCloud can be accessed using virtually any device that is connected to the internet, whether it be a smartphone, tablet, desktop, or laptop. Overall, it is a great service for anyone looking for decent cloud storage capabilities.

Cons

The one aspect of iCloud that I think can be further worked upon is its ability to sync more information from iOS devices, rather than just the default apps created by Apple such as notes, calendar, photos, etc. In other words, it would be convenient if all, or at least most, of the third party apps on a user's iPhone or iPad can also be synced to the desktop/laptop version of iCloud whenever someone is attempting to access the cloud that way. Other than that one small aspect of the service, I cannot point out anything else that can be considered a con, which is a great thing when considered overall.

Habibah

iCloud review from my perspective

I enjoy several features of the iCloud service, including the simplicity with which backups can be performed, as well as the speed with which they can be performed directly on the iPhone. I dislike the five GB of space they provide the user with; it should be more. I use iCloud to save the most valuable videos and photos possible for backup purposes and backup WhatsApp.

Pros

The most valuable feature of I Cloud is how you can store your data for business or personal use in a secure location without having to worry about it. In recent years, as data and required documents and images increased, it became difficult to maintain storage, and you were forced to bring several devices. With I Cloud, you no longer needed to.

Cons

A reliable and effective method of storing documents and files for Apple product users, where your files and data are protected, is a proper backup solution. It's has an excellent user interface; I've been using it effectively for two years without encountering a single problem. The only thing that needs to be revised is the pricing structure, as it varies by country and by length.

Reasons for switching to iCloud

PandaDoc sharing feature is not the best for a cloud storage software.

Yaroslav

Best cloud solution for Iphone, Mac users

I am using icloud almost daily for my personal cloud data movements.

Pros

I really love the simplisity and the integrations that icloud provides. If you have an iphone, mac or any other apple product or several - icloud is a best cloud solution for you.

Cons

Pricing often can be an issues, here, I would really appreciate more flexible plans and solutions for students and families.

Reasons for choosing iCloud

Apple ecosystem makes all work better.

Reasons for switching to iCloud

It's more comfortable to use icloud on apple products, however, I still use google as for many occasions it's better suited and has the google photos integration that I love.

Nathan

iCloud - The Default Storage Choice for Apple Users

Pros

iCloud is Apple’s answer to Google Drive and other online storage options. I have used it for slightly over 2 years and there are some areas where it works and other areas where it doesn’t work. Here are my thoughts on it: 1. iCloud works better if you in the Apple ecosystem. If you live and breathe Apple, iCloud can seem magical and wonderful all in one. It works for syncing documents, contacts and backups and it is all done securely. If you have multiple devices, simply logging into your Apple ID gives you access to all your iCloud content. 2. iCloud drive allows you to easily share documents between devices and with Apple features like continuity allows you to pick up work and other things on another device. This is probably the best feature of iCloud in my opinion. 3. The Files App and Finder allow you to view and share, delete and edit cloud based documents. If you have specific apps linked to iCloud drive, you will find it easy to see the changes in near real time. 4. I consider the entry level 5GB to be a con but on the flip side, the pricing for other storage tiers feels fairly reasonable in my opinion. I just wish Apple started out at 10GB not the measly 5GB. 5. The Find My iPhone/Mac feature is just genius. I lost a phone a few months ago and was able to login and block if from being used within minutes after it was taken.

Cons

As mentioned before, I do not think 5GB cloud storage makes any sense in 2019. I found that within a few weeks, I was already using 90%+ of my storage. If you have a Windows laptop, I wish you good luck making iCloud work well there. You may download an app that installs it on your computer but it seems it is only good for iCloud Photos but it is not as intuitive and functional as if you were on a Mac or iOS device. I am also not sure if iCloud can be business friendly, it seems more tailored to individuals and families. If you ask me, Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive do more on the business front compared to Apple. So for personal use, yes sure, but for business, you are better off looking elsewhere.

Maisarah

One of the best cloud storage service

iCloud is very useful in backing up and storing my files on the cloud space. It help me to clear my phone storage and i only store important file and document on my phone that i usually need it for offline access.

Pros

Using iCloud to saving all my contact information, photo, video, audio and document to the cloud storage is very smooth and effective with this application. It has no file size limitation on how small or big the files that i am uploading to the storage. Changing from my old phone to my new phone is no problem as i can access to my files back as long i am using the same apple id with it.

Cons

Managing the files and emails on this application is quite headache. The searching feature is too slow in showing the result and often, it returned a result that are not matching with the keyword that i have entered. The synchronized process also quite slow and takes some time for it to be shown on the my other device.

Reasons for switching to iCloud

icloud works really well with my apple product.

Luccas

Industry: Industrial Automation

Great for ease of mind

Easy to use and gives you ease of mind. Have your tech be safe and backed up.

Pros

It takes the stress out of carrying your phone and laptop with you, you know your work is going to be safe and easy to access.

Cons

Sometimes it’s too limited on what you want to do, but the benefits outweighs the cons.

Reasons for choosing iCloud

Because iPhone is better in my opinion, so I had to go with it.

Reasons for switching to iCloud

I can’t have Google drive on my iPhone as the main backup. So I mix and match with them, but iCloud helps me to have easy access to my files using an iPhone and MacBook.

Megan

Convenient storage service for Apple users

I use iCloud to store all my photos from my iPhone and documents on my Mac. It makes it really easy to access photos I took on my phone from my Mac and vise versa with documents created on my Mac accessed on my phone. It also provides peace of mind knowing that should anything happen to my phone or Mac my photos and documents will be safe on the cloud. If you use Apple products you should try iCloud, especially if you use more than one Apple product and like accessing files between phone and computer.

Pros

I've used other cloud storage services before but iCloud is my favorite for a few reasons. I use only Apple products so iCloud is extremely convenient. The integration is seamless on iPhone and Mac. You can set it up easily and quickly and access the cloud on any of your Apple products. There is a free option that offers a good amount of cloud storage and the paid option is very reasonable for the amount of storage you get.

Cons

I've encountered a few problems with iCloud like my photos not automatically being added to the cloud and not being able to access documents from my Mac that were stored on the cloud from my phone. Most of the time iCloud runs smoothly but every now and then I experience one of these glitches. Luckily customer service is excellent and they always solve the problem fast.

Reasons for switching to iCloud

I liked Google Cloud Storage but since I have all Apple products iCloud was just more convenient for me to use.

Anne J

Have all your files backed up

In my job I have to save many files, images and notes, with iCloud I can have access to all my files that I keep on my iPhone and iMac and as I take up space I buy the plan that best suits my needs, and I can access these files From any device with my Apple ID, iCloud is accessible from anywhere and from any Apple device or web browser. In my experience, iCloud has the advantage that it syncs very well across all Apple devices. makes automatic backups so my documents are always up to date.

Pros

I like iCloud since this service gives me the opportunity to save and sync files such as images. photos, documents, videos, contacts, books, audiobooks, and the best of all is that they are in a safe place, the best thing about iCloud is that it syncs very well with all apple devices and has one of the best securities compared to other cloud storage services.

Cons

I don't like that they only give 5 GB of free cloud memory, since google drive give 3 times more cloud storage.

Reasons for switching to iCloud

I made this change as google drive doesn't sync as well as iCloud on apple devices

Jonathan

February 2022

Incredibly easy to use, integrates with the Apple ecosystem perfectly

Pros

The ease of use and instant syncing is the best part of iCloud. It just works, as Apple liked to say in the old days. I love being able to pick up any device and have everything I need. I use the 2TB plan, which is an incredible value, and is more storage than I personally will ever need I suspect. If you use Apple devices, there's really no reason not to have an iCloud account, and usually to pay for at least the 200GB tier, unless you really use very little data.

Cons

The only real drawback would be if you use Android or Windows devices, you get less access to features, though some still work. And the Photos syncing to a Mac is sometimes slow.

Reasons for switching to iCloud

I switched devices finally to an iPhone, and really breathed a sigh of relief to be able to use one service for everything, and while it wasn't free like my previous services had been, it was so much more effective that it still felt like a better value.

iCloud