All iCloud Reviews

Nejat

Research, 10,001+ employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2022

If you or your company uses Macs, it is the best cloud solutions you can use

Giau

Restaurants, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Apple users would be hard pressed to find a better fit for their needs

The overall experience has been great. Our files and folders are automatically synced (from the document folder, download folder, and desktop). We can also easily share Numbers and Page files.

PROS

iCloud is an excellent backup solution. It can back up your device and sync data between devices, so you always have access to the latest versions of your files on all of your devices. The iCloud service is very easy to use. You can set it up in just a few minutes; after that, you're ready to go. You can also start using iCloud immediately if you sign up for an Apple ID—the account that allows you access to your purchases on the iTunes Store, Apple's App Store, and other services offered by the company.You can also share files with friends and family members through the service. A few clicks will get your file into their hands quickly and securely so they can enjoy what you've created or downloaded for them.You can also share files and folders with other Apple users, but only if they have an iCloud account.

CONS

iCloud is a bit more expensive than some of the competition, but not by much. The iCloud web interface is pretty limited. It's not as bad as some cloud storage services, but it's not the best, either.

Reasons for switching to iCloud

We made the switch because of the integration of iCloud with Apple devices.

Brandi

Entertainment, 1 employee

iCloud for the win!

My experience with iCloud has been wonderful. Saves photos and documents for what seems like a lifetime. Highly, highly recommended.

PROS

The features and storage capacity are amazing! I will never switch products.

CONS

I have no complaints about this software.

Craig

Reviewed July 2018

For many-device or heavy backup/cloud sync needs, stay far away or use additional backup solution

PROS

When I first used with just an iPhone and an iMac, everything worked pretty well and there is really no configuration. Current plans and family sharing make it a pretty affordable cloud/sync option for everyday users.

CONS

iCloud isn't a true backup-type solution (even iCloud Drive) and once I became a power user and added another Macbook, Apple TV, and Apple Watch, it became a living nightmare once it broke. After 6 months I am still trying to piece together all my files and photos to ultimately get off iCloud as best I can. Apple makes it nearly impossible not to use iCloud somewhat. You will experience non-stop synching issues once you get a large iCloud drive or photos library, and since it is designed to "just work" there are no controls or settings to stop it. You can't really turn it off, either, since it will hang and then scatter remnants of your file folders in the iCloud Archive. Once corrupted or you start having sync issues, all your devices will malfunction constantly and there is not much you can do...everything from my Apple Watch music loading to the battery life tanking happened. I'm referring to 15+ GB photo libraries and 80+ GB of files in an iCloud drive....if you have 3+ Apple devices and large amounts of files that are important, immediately find a secondary backup and try to move photos and important files there. I've used OneDrive's app for photo syncing on my iPhone and then to my Mac, and used Google's wonderful Drive FileStream (available with GSuite business accounts) to keep things in place while I've restored, reset, etc. more than 200 times in the past several months. I have 5-10 copies of all my folders scattered over computers and iCloud Archive files I am still trying to sort out.

Winston

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Using iCloud in my daily life is very beneficial

My experience is good, I have had no complaints, the security is incredibly good and the platform is easy to use.

PROS

The benefit of knowing that you can have your photos and documents, that you can access them at any time and on any device is probably one of the things I like most about ICloud

CONS

I don't have anything I can write that I don't like about Icloud

Security

Dezeray

Hospitality, 5,001-10,000 employees

iCloud Review

PROS

That my items are safe and secure even if I loose my phone

CONS

It frequently needs more space. I also feel that it should come turned on rather than having to turn it on in settings.

Rod

Civil Engineering, 2-10 employees

ICloud and everyday useage

Very pleased and impressed at the ease of functionality.

PROS

Very easy to set up and reasonable cost in running

CONS

Not being able to easily access saved individual documents.

Brendan

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

iCloud Review

PROS

The ease of being able to access anything within iCloud from anywhere. The security is also reassuring

CONS

Not many things to dislike about iCloud.

Murilo

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

great chose to use

PROS

I have been using iCloud for a long time and I never got a problem with sharing photos or docs.

CONS

I think is good service in my vision I don't think a had a problem.

Juliana

Construction, 51-200 employees

Security is excellent

PROS

I like ICloud because I can access everywhere and also it’s is really safe.

CONS

Sometimes I want to add snapshot in my emails and the page does not allows it.

Elena

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

iCloud - review

PROS

iCloud is the best way to keep your data safe in case you will face some problems with your phone or other apple device.

CONS

I cannot complain at all about iCloud but it will be really nice if the minimum free storage fee will decrease. Now all the files are at good quality therefore will need more storage.

Bruna

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Why you should use iCloud to store your files

My overall experience is excellent! I can manage my files anywhere, store them and delete not necessary ones, and it helps me during work routine because I don't have to keep deleting everything to free up space.

PROS

What I liked most about this software is that it has a low cost for a big space storage, and I can upload my files and organize them neatly, without further issues. The sync feature is also great, which allows me to free up space on my iphone or macbook, or any other mac device, and even access my files without internet connection.

CONS

Personally I didn't find any cons, so far, but I would advise new users to organize well their files, or they may get very lost! And please do research what is the best storage for your budget, Apple had offered me a good deal with this one!

Reason for choosing iCloud

I chose iCloud because it was more user friendly, as I was already an Apple heavy user, and having the possibility of having my files easily accessed on my iPhone or macbook made a big difference!

Reasons for switching to iCloud

I used to use Dropbox a LOT when I was in college, however the years passed and as a graphic designer, I was always creating new files, jobs, tasks, either from work or another studies, and it quickly took all my storage and I had to pay a massive amount of money, however I picked iCloud for the best price and sync management.

1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

Easy and Intuitive

I wanted to move more of my workflow away from Google. I have been very happy with iCloud. I appreciate the clean interface and the more useful search results when looking for documents. The online portal also provides rudimentary versions of Apple's basic office software, access to email, calendaring etc. all in one place.

PROS

It is very easy to navigate, locate and organize files. The layout is very clean and flexible, both through the web view and the native app.

CONS

iCloud naturally wants to group files by their Mac application type rather than prompting to save in a user created folder. Due to the excellent search features, this is not a problem and I am coming to appreciate the logic of this system.

Reasons for switching to iCloud

I am more reassured by Apple's business plan that my privacy and security as a user will be protected. I am suspect of Google's motivations with my data.

Packaging and Containers, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2023

iCloud - Mostly but not completely sunny

I love iCloud in theory and 90% of the time in the real world. Apple needs to fix the user interface and bring a more robust data recovery option that at least is as functional as DropBox.

PROS

I like that it is easy for my Apple products to access iCloud and for them to stay synched as long as I have a reasonably fast internet connection.

CONS

I absolutely do not like the lack of customization available in the graphical interface of the file structure. Coming from the customization of the Apple Finder this is pretty jarring and pretty inexcusable. This is not only a problem on a mobile device but also on a desktop or laptop that is remotely connected and is not my own work station. I also don't like the basic lack of ability to recover files that have been deleted or overwritten unless it is from an Apple branded product that is already using iCloud for document storage.

Reason for choosing iCloud

I am a power Apple user for 40 years now so Apple really has to mess things up before I will switch away. That being said, I still make use of DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, YouSendIt and WeTransfer because of some of Icloud's limitations.

Emery

Telecommunications, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2023

Best cloud solution for Apple users.

Excellent product which I've recommended and configured for my whole family.

PROS

It so easily and seamlessly integrates with all my Apple product (iPad, iPhone and Macbook Pro). So many aspects likes configurations, password management, are so well and securely integrated and implemented.

CONS

I find the sharing capabilities of my photos with iCloud are lagging in feature and usability versus the other competitors.

Reason for choosing iCloud

Better and easier integration with my iPhones.

Special offer from Apple

Luccas

Industrial Automation, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Great for ease of mind

Easy to use and gives you ease of mind. Have your tech be safe and backed up.

PROS

It takes the stress out of carrying your phone and laptop with you, you know your work is going to be safe and easy to access.

CONS

Sometimes it’s too limited on what you want to do, but the benefits outweighs the cons.

Reason for choosing iCloud

Because iPhone is better in my opinion, so I had to go with it.

Reasons for switching to iCloud

I can’t have Google drive on my iPhone as the main backup. So I mix and match with them, but iCloud helps me to have easy access to my files using an iPhone and MacBook.

Megan

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2021

Convenient storage service for Apple users

I use iCloud to store all my photos from my iPhone and documents on my Mac. It makes it really easy to access photos I took on my phone from my Mac and vise versa with documents created on my Mac accessed on my phone. It also provides peace of mind knowing that should anything happen to my phone or Mac my photos and documents will be safe on the cloud. If you use Apple products you should try iCloud, especially if you use more than one Apple product and like accessing files between phone and computer.

PROS

I've used other cloud storage services before but iCloud is my favorite for a few reasons. I use only Apple products so iCloud is extremely convenient. The integration is seamless on iPhone and Mac. You can set it up easily and quickly and access the cloud on any of your Apple products. There is a free option that offers a good amount of cloud storage and the paid option is very reasonable for the amount of storage you get.

CONS

I've encountered a few problems with iCloud like my photos not automatically being added to the cloud and not being able to access documents from my Mac that were stored on the cloud from my phone. Most of the time iCloud runs smoothly but every now and then I experience one of these glitches. Luckily customer service is excellent and they always solve the problem fast.

Reasons for switching to iCloud

I liked Google Cloud Storage but since I have all Apple products iCloud was just more convenient for me to use.

Nabila

Investment Management, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2021

Apple user will love this

I really depending on this application to safeguard my online files as the security around this application is quite good and one of the top application for mobile cloud storage.

PROS

I recently need to upgrading my iPhone to a new one, and the iCloud really helping me in transferring all the notes and contact list on my old phone to the new phone. No need to to transferring all of my files to my computer first like the old way. It really saving my time in setting up my new phone.

CONS

I don't like the structure or process when deleting the files on the cloud storage. It will need to be selected manually one by one and no option to deleting it all by bulked. The free storage is quite small compared to other cloud storage software has offered.

Reasons for switching to iCloud

iCloud is better in managing the files on the cloud storage.

Amy

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

iCloud of Ease

I love iCloud, it gives me a true sense of safe guarding when it comes to our file storage and security of such

PROS

What I like most about iCloud is the security. The features outside that are impressive as well and the pricing is good.

CONS

What I like least is the fact that when searching for something you must be very specific in what your looking for. And also the file conversion is a bit difficult when sharing across platforms

Reason for choosing iCloud

It works with my phone and laptop and is top rated with security

Reasons for switching to iCloud

I switched to be able to easily access and store all work and personal files across many devices

Kunal

Legal Services, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

Good, put pricey!

Except the price, I am extremely happy with iCloud and would recommend it to everyone, if price is not a factor for them.

PROS

I like the fact that it integrates very well with all Apple devices, rather seamlessly. It is definitely easy to use and deploy. There is a feature with iCloud+ which not many people know wherein they can hide their email address on the outgoing email addresses, which I think is nice depending on your profile.

CONS

Definitely, it is not cheap. It comes at quite a steep price and you would require a lot of iCloud storage to use or store all your files. I have also realised it is sometimes a bit slow to sync.

Reason for choosing iCloud

I still use Google Drive and OneDrive, but iCloud definitely works well and syncs well with my Apple Devices. So just can't ignore iCloud.

Hana