Browse Medsender Reviews

Doede from Ka'u Wellness

We use Medsender as e-fax and document management right with our EHR, and use it daily.

Pros

Intuitive and simple. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] both have been great to work with, and are interested in making their product better and even more useable with logical features for my and other's business(es).

Cons

Few features missing, or could be improved upon, but the company is very willing to hear suggestions.

Integration with Kareo.

Danielle from LifeWay Health

Safe, Reliable, Easy

Medsender made our business run much smoother than we imagined. We were a new business having issues with our fax machine. This saved so much time and allowed all employees to access from anywhere. With a typical fax system you must physically be present to view the faxes. This allows easy viewing and patient safety being HIPPA compliant.

Pros

We love medsender in our practice because it is easy and reliable. We can access it anywhere so we never miss important documents.

Cons

There are no cons however we do sometimes miss the physical papers.

Reasons for Choosing Medsender

Medsender seemed to be the best fit for our practice.

Kathleen from MyCatholicDoctor

HIPAA compliant faxing out of Kareo

We are now able to easily send HIPAA compliant faxes out of Kareo, especially for orders. Previously we had no method of doing this as Kareo does not allow electronic faxing of orders. Incoming faxes are also managed in a HIPAA compliant manner, but still require a significant effort by our administrative staff.

Pros

Medsender has allowed us to send HIPAA compliant faxes directly out of our Kareo electronica health record, especially for imaging and laboratory orders. This has been the primary benefit. Accepting faxes with results and adding them into Kareo is also easier than our prior system.

Cons

We had hoped that the software would help us reduce the burden of processing incoming faxes for our midsized medical group. It does reduce the burden, but not by much. Every fax still has to be reviewed by an administrative staff member and added to the chart. One of our primary limitations is not the fault of Medsender, it’s the fault of Kareo. Kareo does not permit each provider to have their own unique fax number on their orders. We are only allowed to use our main fax number for the whole organization. So in order for each provider to get their own faxes, they have to get a fax number through Medcenter and manually change the Kareo number on the order using Medsender. If carrier would allow each provider to have their own fax number we would not have this problem.

Reasons for Switching to Medsender

DocHub is not HIPAA compliant and does not integrate into Kareo.

Daniel from Morgan Osteopathic Medicine

HIPAA Compliant Fax & Email at the lowest price you'll see

My biggest problem was how to send Superbills to clients in a HIPAA compliant way. This has helped be become completely paperless. This also replaced my other, very expensive, online fax service & Medsender is just as good at a fraction of the price.

Pros

Being able to send HIPAA compliant emails has now made my office entirely paperless!

Cons

I haven't had any real issues with this product. It's pretty simple to use & does what I need it to do.

Reasons for Choosing Medsender

Medsender was cheaper, had a better interface, integrated with the EMR, and you can send HIPAA compliant emails. It was a no-brainer.

Reasons for Switching to Medsender

Pricing mainly, and Updox doesn't do HIPAA compliant email either.

KAREN from TETER ORTHOTICS & PROSTHETICS

Industry: Medical Devices

Medsender fax solution

Faxes in and out have been pretty seamless. Less issues that our company we had previously purchased

Pros

We had used another efax program. We had many issues with quality of fax- sent and recieved. There was not any support, if you did call for help it was a very large hassle to get to a person and most of the time they didn't know what the issue was and left you hanging for an answer for days. Medsender custom support is very efficient, and quick to respond. We love that they are integrated with our EMR - this is a great benefit Medsender is continuing looking for ways that they can improve the program. I look forward to hearing what is new and am looking forward to some new updated they are working on in the very near future.

Cons

Not much of negatives. Probably just having the logout time shorter. It seems like we have to log into our session so many times a day, as it has a 30 minute time out. It would be great if it was extended a bit. Archive option on our sent files.

As stated above. To many connection problems. Poor support

Bethany from Sweet Medical Group, PLLC

Medsender is worth it!

Very professional and meets a need for my small solo business.

Pros

Being able to access my faxes anywhere I am is priceless. I am able to fill out documents and upload quickly and send via fax without wasting paper or too much time.

Cons

I don't like having to put a birthdate in for all the patients. I organize my faxes by date sent, not birthdate. I guess it makes sense, but I don't link it with an EHR.

Cost

Response from Medsender

Replied April 2021

Hi Bethany, Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear that having Medsender is priceless! We just wanted to let you know that the birthdate is an optional field and you do not need to provide it

Steve from Omnia Wellness

Bye Bye Fax Machine

Best customer service of ANY software service provider.

Pros

It’s a very simple product that negates the use of my fax machine. In fact, I never have to go use that device again! That’s very exciting for our team. I look forward to all the future capabilities the platform will have which will enhance efficiency and improve productivity.

Cons

I think the user interface could be a little friendlier and appealing.

KRISTI from Northwest Arkansas Retina Associates

Medsender

Pros

This product is so easy to use. It is very helpful to just print to medsender, the document is uploaded and ready to email, or fax. It definitely save us time.

Cons

There are a few issues on the home page that might make it easier/faster to determine what we are viewing. However, the medsender time is quick to respond to suggestions and usually implement them asap.

Kiki from Daavlin Distributing Company

Industry: Medical Devices

MedSender rocks!

Prompt support. Easy to use. Quick install. Excellent training.

Pros

HIPPA Compliant solution! We also like that it shows when a fax was viewed by the recipient and that we can easily remove access to a fax.

Cons

Deployment for multiple departments that only want to see "their" incoming faxes has been problematic. We are still trying to resolve the issues.

Reasons for Choosing Medsender

Cost, Value and ability to handle "unlimited" incoming faxes.

Reasons for Switching to Medsender

Nextiva just started offering a HIPPA compliant option and their solution was just limiting use of their existing portal. The cost was more than MedSender and it didn't include any new functionality.

Response from Medsender

Replied April 2021

Hi Kiki, Glad to hear you are enjoying Medsender! Our team has released an update that addresses the challenges you were having with multiple departments. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to improve

Sarah from Myers Physical Therapy

Medsender - Great Opinion!

Every time I have a problem, staff is quick to respond and resolve the issue. Customer Service is great!

Pros

It's easy to use and doesn't waste paper. Everything is digital.

Cons

I have had a couple offices say they faxed the papers back but I never receive them. Not sure what is going on.

Reasons for Switching to Medsender

Cheaper and uses less paper.

Katherine from Katherine Hoover PhD PLLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

This has been huge help to me!

Faxing, cost of faxing with ISP, cost of paper etc. Also secures access to records but stores them efficiently, in the long run it will save space that would be taken up with paper.

Pros

It is super easy to use and integrate into existing systems.

Cons

I have no negative points to share. It is helpful, inexpensive and easy to use.

Reasons for Choosing Medsender

ease of use, excellent service even though I am just a very small business. This system is totally intuitive which makes it so easy to use for anyone at any level of computer readiness etc.

Laura from Pediatrics At Home

Great HIPAA compliant paper free faxing

Pros

Does everything I need. Simple to use. Reasonably intuitive

Cons

It has on a few occassions sent a completely blacked out version of the document I uploaded to send

Pricing

Benjamin from Breakthrough Music Therapy LLC

Couldn't Ask for More

The team is professional and available to help when needed.

Pros

I like that the software is simple and convenient to use. As a small business, I love that I can save costs with not owning/maintaining a landline and fax machine. It is a great option for saving paper, time, and money.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. It is honestly exactly what I want it to be.

Cyn from KCRI

Game changer

Pros

So much value in this product. Much more efficient than other fax/doc sending options. Saves time and money, without sacrificing quality.

Cons

I’m not sure if there is a mobile app yet, but that would be the only “wish list” item I have for the app. It’s very easy to simply access from the web browser, though.

Cyndi from Kansas City Relationship Institute

Great app!

Pros

Easy to use and very efficient. The free version has provided much more than expected.

Cons

There aren’t any cons that I’ve experienced using this software.